• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Funky Kong
Chance: 0% - So between Dixie, K. Rool, and even Cranky, what exactly has this guy done to possibly warrant being a playable character. He is mostly just a side character in the Donkey Kong games, existing only to open up shops and give additional help. He was a playable character in Mario Kart Wii, which already had pretty weird casting (Baby Daisy??). He was also playable in Barrel Blast, the game that nobody liked. I don't think he has a chance.
Want: 0% - He's not welcome here.

Tetris stage
Popularity: You can't get more popular than Tetris.
Relevancy: Nintendo published its last Tetris game eight years ago in 2006, all games since then were published by different companies.
Potential: I can see it being both fun and hectic.
Competition: It may face competition from a Dr. Mario stage.
Overall Chance: 6% - I don't think it's likely.
Want: 55% - I'd prefer a Dr. Mario stage honestly.

Tiny Kong prediction: 0.64%

Nominations: Gyromite stage x5

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Funky Kong: 2% As an xcompetitive mario kart player I would like to point out that it is the flame runner is the one that is op. The torpedo is the second to worst vechical in the game.
Want: 10%

Tetris Stage: 6% Dr. Mario or bust
Want: 50% Not as good as Dr. Mario but it would have the same concept so I guess it could be cool.

I have an announcement concerning the music section. Due to family problems I will not have enough time to update the music section nearly as often. I barely have enough time to do these small posts. Things should go back to normal in about a week. I will probably still have an update if things go better but I can't make any promises.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Funky - 1.2% Likely the sixth in line of a series that has never had more than 2 reps.
Want: 30% - meh, i would rather have others

Tetris Stage:
6% - I bet we would have seen it in Brawl had it ever been a possibility in Sakurai's mind.
0% - Once upon a time, I played Tetris so much that every time I close my eyes I would see tetris blocks falling and destroying rows. I don't ever want to feel that again and that's the reason why I never gave Candy Crush a chance.

Tiny: 0.7

Panther x 5

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
Funky:
Chance: 3% can't see it happening because of Dixie and King K Rool haven't yet got in and are/have been more important to the series.
Want: 10% (More relevant characters to get in first)

Tetris stage:
Chance: 20% It would be cool, but seems unlikely.
Want 60% would prefer a Wario's Woods stage (surprising literally no one), or personally I'd prefer a space invaders stage that could be cool.

Tiny: 1.5%

Nominations:
X5 Young Link

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Funk-ay Kong

Yeah, I don't see it happening. K Rool, Dixie Kong and Cranky Kong all seem much more likely. Once you get past them, Funky Kong probably would be the clear frontrunner. But the chances of Sakurai bypassing all of them for Funky? Seems pretty low.

That said, I don't see why Slippy would be getting much of a higher score than Funky. I guess it's just because his competition isn't quite so dominating (with two clear front-runners, and a third place that's still a much better bet).

Funky Kong chances: 0.5%

Funky Kong want: 10%
Much, much rather see K Rool or Dixie, would also prefer Cranky.

Tetris stage
I don't really know how to rate this. It seems unlikely to me though, since Tetris does not belong to Nintendo. They could get a similar stage by using Dr. Mario, which both belongs exclusively to them and fits in with the Nintendo theme better.

They put Tetris music in Brawl, I hear you say. However, the Tetris theme (Type A) is actually the public domain Russian folk song Korobeiniki. And additionally, it is associated with Tetris specifically because of the Nintendo NES and Game Boy releases, since they were the first to put Tetris and Korobeiniki together. Tetris Type B is an original composition specifically for the Nintendo version of the game. So Type B belongs to Nintendo, and Type A belongs to nobody, but is associated specifically with the Nintendo version. They didn't need to get permission to include those. So those are both good reasons for including those songs.

But is the fame of the NES/Game Boy release enough reason to use a non-Nintendo property and go through the trouble of getting it licensed, when they could just use Dr. Mario instead? Well, Tetris is more iconic and would probably be considered cooler... Also, it's a little hard to see how Tetris would translate into a stage, since it's so vertically oriented. It would be a pretty crappy stage if you were sitting at the bottom of a pit with pieces falling on you, and the only way to KO was upwards. So unless Sakurai really wants it, I can't see why he'd bother.

Tetris stage chances: 1%
Tetris stage want: 20%
I don't really care. Tetris is very iconic and all, but like I said, I don't see how it'd work. It'd probably end up one of those stages like the Ice Climbers Melee stage that's too gimmicky and annoying even for most casual players/fun matches.

Some kind of puzzle game stage might be cool, but I don't think basing it off of Tetris is the way to go. Dr. Mario would have similar issues, but they probably have a little bit more flexibility there. I think the best bet would be for a Wario Ware-like stage that cycled through various puzzle games, preventing it from being too one-note and/or too restrictive as far as KO directions...

Tiny Kong prediction: 1%

Nominations:
Young Link x5

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wow, Mewtwo actually dropped?

Anyways,
Funky Kong:
Likelihood: 1%
Him getting in over K. Rool, Dixie or even Cranky is a stretch.

Want: 10%
Nah. He is a cool character, and I've significantly warmed up to him after playing the original DKC trilogy, but the aforementioned 3 should get in first.

Tetris Stage:
Likelihood: 5%
I don't really know. Tetris is not a Nintendo IP, though it got associated with them due to it being a killer app on the Game Boy. They also managed to get the license for the tetris songs in Brawl so it could happen. EDIT: Saw Erimir's post, and I decreased my rating by half.

Want: 50%
Might be fun.

Promoted AT x 5

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Funky Kong

Chances: 8%. He's definitely not getting in before King K. Rool, Dixie, and Cranky.
Want: 50%. On the flip side, YEAH BRING IT ON FUNKY
Tetris Stage

Chances: 10%. I don't see it likely Nintendo would utilize someone else's IP this way, as nothing Tetris is owned by Nintendo.
Want: 45%. Guess which stage isn't tournament legal!!

Tiny Kong: 5%.

x5 Ghirahim? Is that legal?

D

Deleted member

The almighty Mewtwo… had his scores drop?!

Funky Kong and Tetris Stage are added to the Directory.

Funky Kong, the Meta Knight of Mario Kart Wii
Chance:
1%

Donkey Kong has two clear frontrunners for a third rep: King K. Rool and Dixie Kong. After that, we have a runner up in Cranky Kong. Where does that leave Funky Kong? At the near end of the spectrum. He definitely gained some popularity from Mario Kart Wii, but that could only carry him so far…
Want: 0%
Add King K. Rool and Dixie Kong first and then we will talk about Funky Kong.

Tetris Stage
Chance:
10%

I guess it could happen?
Want: 75%
Sure. Why not?

Tiny Kong Prediction: .50%
I wish we were rating Amaterasu next. :(
She's got no chance. None.

Nominations: The Super Bowl comes once a year, but it's always Reyn time. 5x

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
FUNKY KONG

Chance: 1% - Why not...

Want: 1% - ...cuz' meh....

TETRIS STAGE

Chance: 1% - Oops! I got so caught up in nominating this idea that I forgot a Tetris stage is actually very unlikely. ^_^; To be fair, I did nominate this mostly to see the want.

Want: 90% - Tetris was actually my first game ever! But really, I got the idea from Glaciacott when she mentioned a Russian palace firing Tetris blocks. See, some mysterious player from behind the fourth wall is desperately trying to clear the blocks, rotating and quickly dropping them as per course for Tetris. The problem is, the smashers are trying to battle it out under the blocks. Between the changing terrain and falling blocks the battle will be ferocious, frustrating, and furious! Getting sandwiched by the blocks means instant KO! I think it would be an interesting stage.

Tiny Kong Prediction: .34% - Umm....

Nominations:
Leon x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Funky Kong:
Chance: 3%

You know who is popular from the Kong family? Funky. Unfortunately that's where the good news ends.

Funky's not been playable in a platformer(to my knowledge) which technically would put him behind the following:
Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong, Kiddy Kong, Lanky Kong, Tiny Kong, Chunky Kong.

Now luckily for Funky he bypasses several of these kongs due to no one caring about them. Looking at Kiddy and Chunky in particular here, but his importance to the series pales compared to Dixie(three times protagonist) and Cranky(The ORIGINAL DK), and honestly; Lanky's more interesting than Funky thanks to his bizarro body. He probably has equal pegging with Tiny who has seen a slight surge in popularity due to her...more mature redesign in Diddy Kong Racing. More on that tomorrow.

As if competing with his fellow Kongs wasn't bad enough, he also of course has to deal with the number 3 most requested newcomer in the world for Smash 4; King K. Rool.

Now; this HAS happened before as many have stated before; Funky was the third Kong in Mario Kart, which took the bizarre option of skipping over Dixie Kong entirely, but he honestly felt like a filler character; they required an additional heavyweight racer and for some reason decided on him over K. Rool...

...seriously on a side note, the only way K. Rool is getting in is due to heavy fan request. Nintendo have proven time and time again to not give a crap about him, so it'll be interesting to see if fan requests are enough.

So Funky HAS managed to do the impossible before...I just can't see him getting in over Dixie, K. Rool or Cranky this time...I was wondering if it was going to either be him or Lanky as the fourth DK character for Tropical Freeze, so maybe he's not THAT far behind.

But Dixie deserves the spot the most from the Kongs. A three time protagonist is nothing to snort at.

Want: 6%
Funky is fine and I don't really dislike him. I just personally prefer two other Kongs to him; Lanky and Dixie, and Cranky and K. Rool are also more deserving than the shop keep.

The backlash should Funky get in over either Dixie or K. Rool would be admittedly humourous, but I wouldn't really want him getting in over more deserving characters from the DKC franchise. It'd just seem wrong.

TETRIS STAGE
Chance: 10%

I don't know why, but I can see us getting SOME sort of puzzle stage. Tetris is probably the most famous puzzle game of all time, and it's license isn't trademarked to any one company, making it a bizarre case. It could happen easily, but I'm not sure if Nintendo would go with Tetris over say...Panel De Pon, Dr. Mario or yes; even Wario's Woods, which are puzzlers far more associated with Nintendo characters.

Heck, maybe even Dr. Luigi...

Want: 100%
The music. The goddamn music alone makes it a 100% from me. Never mind that this would be a really unique stage to play in.

I'm sure it'd be annoying to fight on, but we've had irritating stages before...as long as the stage doesn't scroll, I'll put up with being crushed by falling Tetris blocks. Anything and I mean ANYTHING is better than a vertical scrolling stage.

Tiny Kong: 5%
I'll be interested in seeing which version of Tiny people decide to work with tomorrow. No way she's getting even a quarter of Dixie Kong or K. Rool's popularity or want.

Nominations: 5 X Playable Bosses

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Funky:

Chance: 1%
Not going to happen given three other characters ahead of him

Want: 20%
He's cool, but there's better choices.

Tetris Stage:

Chance: 15%
Yes, it's owned by Tetris company, but they are known for asking very little in royalties and the Gameboy version of Tetris is a HUGE deal, as the bundled game and a probable reason the console took off to quite the extent it did. It is technically third party though, but if Rayman Legends can get it for one short section of one level, Smash can have a stage out of it!

Want: 100%
Tetris is awesome, it'd be gimmicky, but fun in FFA, plus it'd be a great place for other puzzle game music to go if they don't get a stage. Panel de Pon, Dr Mario, Yoshi Cookie, Wario's Woods, even Puyo Puyo if they licence third-party tracks. Plus it's Tetris, and Tetris is awesome!

Speaking of various third partiness I'd like to ask how you would describe the following as a concept to vote on:

Third parties getting second reps via ATs, Music or Stages only. Ie. Capcom having a Ghost and Goblins stage and Arthur AT alongside Wiley's Castle and Protoman? or Sega getting a NiGHTs AT? Puyo Puyo music popping up in a different falling block puzzle stage? Getting an FF stage alongside a playable Slime?
I also propose this concept is asked without Geno, or any of the Mario RPG music.

In the mean time:

Tiny Kong: 1.1%
Seriously?

Hero of Light*5

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Funky Kong: 2%
He is the funkiest of the Kongs, and therefore one of the most suitable to be a new DK rep.

Want: 22.5%

Tetris Stage: 30%

I'd give it about 15 minutes from its reveal to the moment when it gets banned from all tournament play.

Tiny Kong prediction: 2.02%

Nominate:
No Namco rep x5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Funky Kong Chance: 1.2% Offers nothing unique in particular even though he is popular, don't think he'll be considered at all.
Funky Kong want: 0%

Tetris stage chance: 30%
Tetris stage want: 100%

Tiny Kong Prediction: 1.23%

Nominations:
x5 Alph Brittany Charlie Trio

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
funky kong - 0.05%
nope, no chance what so ever
want - 1%
he's funky. . .that's it really
tetris - 10.25%
eh not a high chance, but its possible
want - 100%
yes
tiny kong - 1.22%
. . .
nominations:
insta.gif
X5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Funky gets 1.1% due to being outclassed by three characters from his own series.
Tetris stage gets a 4.5% due to its utter iconicness and original association with Nintendo. Take everything Erimir said and add a little more faith.

predict 0.5% If Funky is 6th pick for DK, she is 7th.

Are stages getting their own section under Results? I don't see Dr. Mario stage anywhere.

Alexandra Roivas x5

Edit: As a side note, I was responsible for a RTC in 2012 on Gamefaqs where Funky ended up with a 20something % chance, and Angry Birds actually got enough nominations to be rated. It lasted about 120 days before I ended up moving and abandoning being the host due to a lack of internet for a few weeks. The rest of the game was pretty reasonable in comparison, but I am thankful we are more realistic all around.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Fun-kaaaaaaaay
Chance: 2%
It would be pretty WTF for most people, because there are 2 other characters (K Rool & Dixie) thay overshadow him, rightfully so.

Want: 25%
I can envision him using various fruit weapons and gadgets from DK64, but im not too interested.

Tetris Stage
Chance: 20%
Tetris was big, and I mean BIG, like Ridley big (lol,) for the Gameboy. I dont see why not, other than it not being Nintendo property.

Want: 80%
This level would be an absolute gong show.

Tiny Kong: 1.3%

Nominations :
Pokemon Trainer x10

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Can we start predicting concepts soon?
0.01% - 2.5% predictions are getting kinda old.

I understand that it could be too much work to dig through two predictions at the same time though.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
AII-AH-HI:

Chance: 2%
As far as DK characters go, I USED to hold this guy at high regard, but then I delved into the DK Country franchise and realized that he's pretty insignificant in the long run.

Want: 75%
An old favorite of mine from Mario Kart Wii. Like @Brawler610 said, Funky and the Spear make a mean combo. But still, K. Rool and Dixie come first Smash Bros wise.

TETRIS STAGE:

Chance: 10%
I wouldn't count it out. Tetris has a long history with Nintendo, Tetris Axis was first party I believe, and we DID get Tetris Themes A and B in Brawl.

Want: 95%
Man, would this be a fun stage. Although there's 5% knocked off due to how annoying the battles on said stage would be.

Tiny Kong Prediction: 1.5%
Yeah no.

Noms:
Super Mario 3D World Stage x5

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Funky Kong
Chance 0%
Dixie.
K. Rool.
Cranky.
That is all.
Want 0%
See above.

Tetris Stage
Chance 10%?

We did get the two Tetris themes in Brawl, and Tetris is a great opportunity for a unique stage. Not to sure about this one.
Want 80%
Sounds cool to me.

Tiny Kong prediction 0.4%

Nominations
Two retro reps x5

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Funky Kong Prediction: 15%
He doesn't seem that unique, and there're much more deserving DK reps that should and probably will get in before him, like K. Rool, Dixie, Cranky, or Lanky.

Funky Kong Want: 0.1%
No please.

Tetris Stage Prediction: 50%
It could really to either way to be honest.

Tetris Stage Want: 99.999%
Shut up and take my rupees.

King Harkinian x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Funky Kong - 2%

He's got a very, very skinny chance. He would only get in after K. Rool, Dixie, and even Cranky all got in first.

Want - 40%

Would be indifferent, but I want K. Rool and Dixie before him, maybe Cranky too.

Tetris Stage - 50%

I'm not sure on this one. I think it could end up going either way.

Want - 90%

Could be very fun!

Tiny Kong Prediction - 2.24%

Nominations:
Grovyle x2
Playable Master Hand x3.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Funky Kong
Chance: 1%
Mario Kart means jack-all when it comes to characters in Smash.
Want: 60%
Honestly, I don't think there is a single DK character that I wouldn't be OK with. I'm even cool with Kiddy and Chunky. So bring on the FUNK, I say!

Tetris stage
Chance: 5%
I DON'T CARE ABOUT TETRIS. There, I said it. I always thought Tetris was always kind of an overrated game, specifically the original Gameboy version. Everyone always holds that game with such high regard as one of the absolute greatest things to ever happen to the industry and I'm just sitting being all like, "It's just ****in' Tetris calm down jeez".

Tiny Kong prediction: 0.91%

Nom: PT Pokemon (no trainer) X5

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Funky
chance 5% Sadly he's beneath K. Rool, Dixie, and Cranky so AT/trophy is perfect for him.
Want 100% He

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Funy Kong has something near a 0% chance of getting in as a playable character. There are plenty of other DK reps that are more important, namely Dixie and K. Rool.

Tetris I could see happening as a stage though.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Funky Kong

Chance: 1%- Dixie, Cranky, and K. Rool.

Want: 1%- One of my least favorite Kongs.

Tetris Stage

Chance: 7%- I just don't see it happening.

Want: 20%- It has potential.

Tiny Kong Prediction

0.47%

Nominations

Plasm Wraith x5

Alban712

Smash Apprentice
Funky Kong

Chance: 1%- Dixie, K. Rool and Craky take priority.

Want: 0%- I really don't like him and prefer the three above and even Lanky, Tiny and Chunky

Tetris Stage- Abstain

Tiny Kong Prediction

0.64%

Nominations

Three Fire Emblem Characters x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Funky Kong
Chances - 2%
If more had come from his appearance in Mario Kart, perhaps. But nothing really materialized for his character from that.

Want - 0%
K. Rool and Dixie. That's all I care about in terms of DK. Any other DK rep would just be a slap in the face in the sense of "why dis b**** and not Dixie/K. Rool?" or "why a fifth DK rep?"

Tetris stage
Chance - 30%
I think young age is showing on a lot of people. Thing is, you can arguably make the claim that Tetris and the Game Boy rose to such fame and power thanks to each other. They go together, and if you extrapolate from there, Tetris is at the core of what established Nintendo as a dominant force in handheld gaming. It was HUGE, and I feel like sadly a lot of people here can't appreciate that since now you can play tetris on pretty much any platform now. Seriously, people saying Tetris is not a big deal ... I kind of want to slap some history lesson into you because this game got handheld gaming going into truly new directions. Ffs, we may not have had the likes of Pokemon if it hadn't been for the joint success of Tetris and the Game Boy.
I personally thought we'd get the Tetris stage last game (Brawl), but we only got the music. This time, however, we have Sakurai telling us how one of the versions will have stages dedicated particularly to handheld games. Given how we had the retro Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong stages in Brawl (with DK being a HUGE origin point for Nintendo), I personally don't see why on the 3DS version they wouldn't want to harken back to THE ONE GAME that made the Game Boy a success.
And again, last time we talked about the Dr. Mario stage I said this but people are omitting this line of thinking again ... we can have different stages for each version of the game! I see a lot of people saying it should be a Dr. Mario stage or nothing ... well, I said this before too, why not have the Dr. Mario stage on the Wii U given it was mostly a console series, while the 3DS gets the Tetris stage?

Want - 100%
As a gamer who got to enjoy gaming from the NES era to what it is now, I have to admit that the greatest source of love I have for Smash comes from the fact it's such a fantastic accumulation of memories and gaming history. No other game can boast such diversity. With that in mind, having opportunities to make it an even more complete record of gaming greatness is something I can't pass up. Mega Man having joined got us closer to that by acknowledging the great Mega Man series and what it was to the NES. Pac Man is a character I want given how much he represents an entire era of gaming and is such an important icon. When it comes to handhelds, Tetris is BY FAR the greatest historical icon, with perhaps only Pokemon coming close to having as much influence and historical importance for that medium.
Bottom line is, for me a Tetris stage is a must. Regardless of how gimmicky, nuts, banned or annoying the stage is, this game needs the concept of Mario vs. Sonic vs. Mega Man vs. Pac Man in a Tetris stage. Having such a combination within one game is an extremely iconic image, and extremely significant for those of us who grew as that generation that saw gaming rise.

Prediction
Tiny Kong - 1.3%
Her chances should be as small as she can become.

Nominations
General Super Mario 3D World stage x 5

Groose

Smash Champion
...Mewtwo's scores actually dropped? That's not what I expected at all.
Wow, Mewtwo actually dropped?
The almighty Mewtwo… had his scores drop?!
A week before we rated him the first time: Sakurai is "thinking" about Mewtwo.
A week before we rated him the next time: Lucario is confirmed.

The context of the ratings pretty much shows why scores dipped. Also, take into account that he only drop a measly few percentage points--such a drop could indicate that we feel ptrety much the same as before, and the change was incidental.
I have an announcement concerning the music section. Due to family problems I will not have enough time to update the music section nearly as often. I barely have enough time to do these small posts. Things should go back to normal in about a week. I will probably still have an update if things go better but I can't make any promises.

It's fine. I've told you multiple times--the Music Section wouldn't be going on at all if not for you. It probably would have ended months ago. Do whatever you can with it, but please just sort out those family problems first. I look forward to when you have more time to become more active again.

As a matter of fact, I want everyone to give this guy--and Brawler610--their due round of applause. They don't update the core sections of the game like I do, but they do a lot of stuff to make this game as good as it is. And it's not just them--a good deal of people have helped, and can be seen on the Special Thanks tab on the OP. When someone inevitably starts up this game for Smash 5 and links to this thread... people will know their names.

Unfinished rating?
Still counts. All I need is a percent, though explanations are better for the good of discussion and reflection.

King Harkinian x5
I'll get to revitalizing his support thread... eventually. In the meantime... I do have some pretty big plans for this day, if it ever comes to fruition. It'll take perseverance to get him there--fifteen or so days of nominating or perhaps starting a movement.

Are stages getting their own section under Results? I don't see Dr. Mario stage anywhere.

Edit: As a side note, I was responsible for a RTC in 2012 on Gamefaqs where Funky ended up with a 20something % chance, and Angry Birds actually got enough nominations to be rated. It lasted about 120 days before I ended up moving and abandoning being the host due to a lack of internet for a few weeks. The rest of the game was pretty reasonable in comparison, but I am thankful we are more realistic all around.
1) Stages will be getting their own section. I didn't add the Doctor Mario Stage yet because there wasn't anything to compare it against.

2) Wow. Do you still have a link or way to view one of the posts from your version? I know that Brawler would love to link to it in the directory for a reference.

Her chances should be as small as she can become.
Methinks smaller.

Dixie.
K. Rool.
Cranky.
That is all.
Well said on the rating today, and I really like the new sig.

Can we start predicting concepts soon?
0.01% - 2.5% predictions are getting kinda old.

I understand that it could be too much work to dig through two predictions at the same time though.
Two predictions at the same time are indeed pretty much out of the question. It's by far my least favorite part of updating the day already, and back in the dark days of late November/early December, I even considered proposing axing it. I decided against it, because it is a fun and good part of the game.

If I finagle things a smidgen, I may be able to get it so we predict the Stage/Concept/Revote instead of the actual newcomer. I don't think this would work well, though, as stage scores are proving to be unpredictable and revotes are a bit too easy to predict because we've already rated the character before.

If enough people show interest in switching it to predicting Stage/Concept/Revotes, I wouldn't really mind switching it. Alternatively if another person wanted to take over the prediction part of the game and find two prediction scores per day, we could start rating both. If anyone expresses interest in this, I'd definitely consider it.

D

Deleted member

As a side note, I was responsible for a RTC in 2012 on Gamefaqs where Funky ended up with a 20something % chance, and Angry Birds actually got enough nominations to be rated. It lasted about 120 days before I ended up moving and abandoning being the host due to a lack of internet for a few weeks. The rest of the game was pretty reasonable in comparison, but I am thankful we are more realistic all around.
If you could provide a link, I'll definitely link it with the Directory! Seeing as how GameFAQs gave Funky Kong an overall score of 20% while his overall score here will estimably be around 1%-3%, it will be interesting to compare.
Also, as a side note, if there are other RTC threads on other websites, I will gladly link to those if you provide me with one. I mostly would like it for comparisons sake (how we feel vs. how another website feels).

They don't update the core sections of the game like I do, but they do a lot of stuff to make this game as good as it is. And it's not just them--a good deal of people have helped, and can be seen on the Special Thanks tab on the OP. When someone inevitably starts up this game for Smash 5 and links to this thread... people will know their names.
YOU WILL KNOW OUR NAMES!
Hahaha! Seriously though, I am glad that people are using the Directory and I am glad that I've created it. If a Rate Their Chances is created during Smash 5 on this website, I will gladly start another Directory!… provided what will happen in the future that is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
I'd be willing to find two prediction scores each day if we were to start doing that.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Did I not post today? Odd, I thought I did.
Funky: 2%
Tetris: 5%
Tiny: 1.34%
Lyn x 5

edit: lol I just saw my earlier post. Change Tetris to 5 and keep my Tiny prediction I guess. and 2 for Funky

Groose

Smash Champion
My line orignally read something like, "and people will remember their contributions." But then I couldn't help but slip in a Xenoblade reference. I was expecting someone to catch it... but not quite that fast.

x5 Ghirahim? Is that legal?
Of course. You can nominate any character at any time. We rated him before, but that was a loooong while ago. I actually have him pegged as the most underrated character in this game.

I'd be willing to find two prediction scores each day if we were to start doing that.
I'll be sending you a PM shortly.

Funky Kong: 1%
I see very little chance of him ever making it into Smash. K. Rool is god tier in terms of requests, and Dixie is very high in requests and is relevant. Also, there is this guy known as Cranky Kong. The only way I could see Funky making it in is the same way he made it into Mario Kart: having a body frame identical to DK. Still, Dixie's body frame is close enough to Diddy's that Funky doesn't even have a clear-cut advantage as a potential semi-clone.

Funky Kong Want: 10%
A perfect example of a character who I do like outside of Smahs... but wouldn't want in Smash. K. Rool is my most wanted; Cranky Kong would be undeniably awesome; Dixie would be a great bit better than Funky.

Tetris Stage Chance: 1%
Before today, I was confused about the Tetris music in Brawl. So, I went and did some research on Tetris. I knew it was born in Russia in an era of... tension regarding IPs and copyright. Although Nintendo did gain exclusive publishing rights for a while, they don't have the power to put in a stage without licencing out. That pretty much eliminates all chance of it happening, in my eyes: I see them going with a Doctor Mario or Puzzle League stage instead and just mixing in some of the music that they do own.

Tetris Stage Want: 100%

I made a stage in Brawl that resembles falling Tetris blocks. It's an absolute blast for funning, even if it does lead to wall combos in real matches. I'd love to see a full-blooded stage with motion and music choice.

Tiny Kong Prediction: 1.31
Take what Funky was getting, and cut it a good bit to reflect lack of Mario Kart and popularity.

x5 Professor E. Gadd
We need to rate him. We really do.

DAY OVER

...The Funk becomes Tiny...

Groose

Smash Champion
Funky Kong (Donkey Kong)
2.92% chance
25.04% want

This Funky fellow was just a hundredth of a percent behind a certain possessed doll dude. He did manage to break the quarter mark for want, but just barely did so.

Tetris Stage
13.32% chance
62.89% want

Although it's not something you're expecting, this is a pretty popular idea. I guess what they say is true: anything that Tetris Theme A touches turns t gold.

Today we're doing the second half of our DK double header with the character Tiny Kong. Tiny originally appeared as a playable character in DK 64, and she's appeared in most DK spin-off games since then. Can she join the Smash? Please rate Tiny Kong in chance and want today. In addition, we're getting back to concepts. Please rate the chance and want of a playable character who uses a spear. Please just give a single want score that is a composite of different candidates. The most popular candidate for this role is Waddle Dee, but this role could also be filled by other characters, particularly of the Fire Emblem franchise.

Tomorrow we're finally polishing off our last unrated veteran: Young Link. Please predict how Young Link will do in tomorrow's game. Five extra noms go to @OctiVick today.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My line orignally read something like, "and people will remember their contributions." But then I couldn't help but slip in a Xenoblade reference. I was expecting someone to catch it... but not quite that fast.

Of course. You can nominate any character at any time. We rated him before, but that was a loooong while ago. I actually have him pegged as the most underrated character in this game.

I'll be sending you a PM shortly.

Funky Kong: 1%
I see very little chance of him ever making it into Smash. K. Rool is god tier in terms of requests, and Dixie is very high in requests and is relevant. Also, there is this guy known as Cranky Kong. The only way I could see Funky making it in is the same way he made it into Mario Kart: having a body frame identical to DK. Still, Dixie's body frame is close enough to Diddy's that Funky doesn't even have a clear-cut advantage as a potential semi-clone.

Funky Kong Want: 10%
A perfect example of a character who I do like outside of Smahs... but wouldn't want in Smash. K. Rool is my most wanted; Cranky Kong would be undeniably awesome; Dixie would be a great bit better than Funky.

Tetris Stage Chance: 1%
Before today, I was confused about the Tetris music in Brawl. So, I went and did some research on Tetris. I knew it was born in Russia in an era of... tension regarding IPs and copyright. Although Nintendo did gain exclusive publishing rights for a while, they don't have the power to put in a stage without licencing out. That pretty much eliminates all chance of it happening, in my eyes: I see them going with a Doctor Mario or Puzzle League stage instead and just mixing in some of the music that they do own.
Tetris Stage Want: 100%
I made a stage in Brawl that resembles falling Tetris blocks. It's an absolute blast for funning, even if it does lead to wall combos in real matches. I'd love to see a full-blooded stage with motion and music choice.

Tiny Kong Prediction: 1.31
Take what Funky was getting, and cut it a good bit to reflect lack of Mario Kart and popularity.

x5 Professor E. Gadd
We need to rate him. We really do.

DAY OVER

...The Funk becomes Tiny...
Gadd is the man, man.
And yeah, Ghirahim is underrated. He's way more than a flamboyant weirdo.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Tiny Chances: 0%. One off (in terms of main games, anyways) with K. Rool, Dixie, Cranky, Funky, and even Kiddy to deal with. Yeah...
Want: 0%. So many others to add first.
Spear User Chances: 65%. Bandanna Dee is pretty likely.
Want: 100%. The one weapon we don't have that's badas$.
YL: 0%.
Chef Kawasaki X5
Ugh, now I'm just getting confused. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom