• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Toad

Chance - 0%
hes been shown in-game multiple times already and there was no character reveal trailer for him. its done. there should be no more hope for the guy making it.

Want - 0%
i prefer him as peach's shield. its a kinda funny move.

Dark Pit

Chance - 1%
there might be some chance of him being added as a clone.

Want - 0%
not a fan of different versions of characters... same with why i am opposed to Toon Link and Dr. Mario. I guess if he was only a pallette swap, it would be alright

Jimmy T - 2.25%

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Dark Pit Likelihood (0.65 as a playable character) - only if Sakurai gives him different moves and gameplay style than Pit.

Dark Pit Likelihood (95% as a palette choice) - Makes perfect sense, since Pit and Dark Pit have the same design.

Dark Pit Want (2.4%, but 65% if Palutena is not added) - I only want Dark Pit if, for whatever "reason", Palutena is not added as a secondary Kid Icarus Uprising Rep.

I just feel like Kid Icarus Uprising needs more than one Rep.

Toad

Toad Likelihood (3.0%) - he has a vast pool of fans, but the fact that he appears in one of Peach's moves might hurt his chances. Given the fact that Rosalina & Luma already took the fifth Mario series roster, spot also makes his chances less.

Toad Want (4.0%) - It could go either way for me. If he is added, awesome. If not that is ok to.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If this was about a very special Toad, my want would be VERY high. I just use the arguements I have to justify my rating of 0%. I keep bias out of my ratings and noted that this day WILL piss off a lot of people.
I don't necessarily want a generic Toad, rather one that stands out. Like Captain Toad, Toadsworth. Just not Blue Toad (Sorry, Toad supporters.)
Wait, ****. Are we rating All Toads or just a generic Toad? Because my post sort of encompassed both the Toad from yesteryear(Wario's Woods, SMB2, Mario Kart) and Captain Toad as the same entity.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Dark Pit: 2.3%
He's kinda alt-costumey, don't you think?

Want: 30%
He referred to regular Pit as "Pit Stain". That was pretty funny

Toad: 2.2%
On one hand, there are many Toads, so being part of Peach's moveset does not exclude him from being playable. On the other hand, this puts him on the same level as Koopa Troopas.

Want: 10%
That roster slot could be put to better use by someone else.

Jimmy T. Prediction: 1.86%

Nominate:
No Namco character x5

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Wait, ****. Are we rating All Toads or just a generic Toad? Because my post sort of encompassed both the Toad from yesteryear(Wario's Woods, SMB2, Mario Kart) and Captain Toad as the same entity.
@ Groose Groose , do I need to revise my thoughts?

Want for Generic Toad: 0%
Want for Specific Toad like Captain Toad: 95%

D

Deleted member

When I think of Toad, I think of THE Toad. The one from Wario's Woods and Captain Toad come to mind, not a generic Yellow Toad or Blue Toad. Should some scores get revised?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
When I think of Toad, I think of THE Toad. The one from Wario's Woods and Captain Toad come to mind, not a generic Yellow Toad or Blue Toad. Should some scores get revised?
If it's a SPECIFIC Toad, I need to alter my score.
Because Generic Toads are DCed, but speciic ones are NOT, like the Captain.
Does anyone have a Roster Maker Icon of Captain Toad they could share?

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Dark Pit

Pit clone material seems a lot less likely than Palutena or other more distinct characters. And a KI second rep isn't guaranteed.

Dark Pit chances: 2%

Dark Pit want: 20%
No thanks. Would rather see a more interesting character.

Toad

Peach's continued use of Toad, Sakurai's "people" comment, Rosalina's reveal, all kinda ruin Toad's chances.

Toad chances: 1%

Toad want: 60%
Would like to see him get his due, but it looks like he'll only ever be Peach's retainer (and special move) to Sakurai.

Jimmy T prediction: 5.7%
If Mona got 8%, then Jimmy T can do ok, I guess?

Nominations:
Zelda newcomer x5

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Pittoo - 3.15%
only hope is semi-clone status, he got some obvious semi-clone stuff for him, and its possible but he's behind Palutena, hades, and medusa, and even after that a third spot is unlikely
want - 100%
I loved Pittoo in the game and as a character, probably had the best personality out of them all, and I would want him in the game as anything really, both Alt costume and playable get a 100 out of me:awesome:
toad - 0.01%
sorry toad brigade, he's gone
want - 60%
eh I know what I said about wanting a 6th Mario character, but got to say he's grown on me more and is a lot better than the rest of the lot of Mario characters,
plus YoshiandToad made me realize how interesting and fun he could be :p along with his long post above, well I got a say I kind of like the guy, still don't want another Mario character much (and I'm talking about the specific toad, not a generic one, that gets a 0)
Jimmy T. - 5.37%
uh. . . random number time?
nominations:
SakiX5

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Okay might as well try

Pittoo
Chances (including color Swap Of Pit): 100%
This is because Pittoo would be the easiest alternate costume. He has the same voice actor and design as Pit.

Chances (As Being Playable Without Being an Alternate Costume): 10%
If Sakurai choose a new Kid Icraus characters, it would be Paliutnea. However, I think that Pittoo would be the last minute semi clone, like Pichu or Ganonodrf or Falco.

Want: 5%
I would prefer Palutena, Medusa or Hades over Pittoo as a Kid Icarus character.

Toad

Chance: 5%
With the Toon Link and Spirit Tracks stage thing. And Rosalina's reveal as well.

Want: 50%
I could go either way.

Jimmy T Predictions: 5.75%

Nominations:
Promoted Assist Trophies x5

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Eh, does it really matter which Toad we get? As they will all likely be palette swaps of each other no matter who we get, and the moveset will likely be the same too.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Dark Pit: 2%
He's pretty much already in brawl as Pit's dark alt. There's no reason to believe that Sakurai would go through the trouble of creating Dark Pit who is already a literal clone of Pit. Not only that but Dark pit was voiced by the same person who voiced Pit in Uprising. This makes it even more likely he'll be an alt.
Want: 20%
Dark Pit was probably my favorite character in Uprising but having him over Palutena, Medusa, Hades or Viridi doesn't sit well with me because he's just too similar to Pit as it is. Sure, you could give him different weapons as specials but the bow is his main weapon just like Pit.

Toad: 1% He'd have to do a complete 360 for me to believe he's playable.
Want: 70% I still wish he was in the game. Not more than Junior but still.

Jimmy T: 1.48%

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Dark Pit - 2%

Well I haven't played Uprising (sniff), but from what I know, he is both an antagonist for a while, and later becomes an ally of Pit, his closest ally in combat.

However, I'm heavily doubt that Sakurai would choose a potential semi-clone of Pit over the more important and popular Palutena, who, to my understanding, also has more potential. If anything, I can see him getting in as a palette swap. Pit already had a dark palette swap in Brawl too, so perhaps it might get a bit updated for that.

Want - 0%

Palutena or bust.

Also, Dark Samus is pretty much the only "dark" version of a character that could actually be interesting as her own character. (unless you count Wario, since he is meant to be a bad counterpart as well as rival of Mario.)

Toad - 0.1%

Rosalina's inclusion dealt a rather large blow to all other possible Mario newcomers, particularly Toad. When it comes to Mario newcomers, at this point I honestly can only see Bowser Jr. getting in as a semi-clone of Bowser, or Dr. Mario returning, once again as a clone.

Plus, Sakurai decided to show a commemorative pic of the day featuring the protagonists of Super Mario 3D World upon it's Japanese release, showing Toad as Peach's meatshield again. I really doubt Sakurai would feel a need to do this if another Toad was playable. And again, Rosalina's really hurt his chances as well. The sole reason I'm even giving him 0.1% of a chance is because the ST Toon Link on the Spirit Train is replaced by Alfonzo if the WW Toon Link is being used on that stage. Even then, that's kind of grasping at straws. I think a specific character's move would be harder to change compared to a backround character on a stage, just when another specific character to be playable. I don't know, it just seems like it'd be more difficult and not worth it. Alfonzo acting as ST Link's replacement is literally the only thing Toad has going for him anymore, and it still doesn't boost his chances much.

Want - 65%

I was never a huge fan of Toad, and although Bowser Jr. was always my preferred choice for a Mario newcomer and I'm happy with Rosalina & Luma, but hey, I always liked him, and I think he could work well in Smash, so I'd happily accept and welcome him if he were to make it in Smash. And I feel bad for his fans too, he has a rather strong fanbase.

Jimmy T. Prediction - 2.17%

Nominations - Playable Master Hand x5

This is kind of a concept/character nomination. I'm nominating the idea of Master Hand being playable as his own character, or rather, a slightly smaller, less powerful version, capable of suffering from knockback and damage normally, and being selectable on the roster. Just like any other average character.

(unless we've done this already. I'm near-certain we haven't, unless it was long ago before I even started participating in RTCR.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nominations - Playable Master Hand x5

This is kind of a concept/character nomination. I'm nominating the idea of Master Hand being playable as his own character, or rather, a slightly smaller, less powerful version, capable of suffering from knockback and damage normally, and being selectable on the roster. Just like any other average character.

(unless we've done this already. I'm near-certain we haven't, unless it was long ago before I even started participating in RTCR.)
Shouldn't this go to the Master Hand's nominations anyway? He already has some in the Newcomers list.

D

Deleted member

So Master Hand has been nominated before? I don't recall seeing any noms for him, so I just wasn't sure.

Yeah, they might as well go with the rest of Master Hand's noms.
The Master Hand currently has 32 nominations.

As a side note, despite the fact that we all know that Master Hand will definitely return as a boss, I am surprised that we rated Primid before Master Hand.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
As a side note, despite the fact that we all know that Master Hand will definitely return as a boss, I am surprised that we rated Primid before Master Hand.
I take credit for nominating Primid. He's my answer to Sandbag. :p

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Dark Pit: 3.5% - It would be a terrible idea, but not the first terrible idea. Still I would think that Sakurai would choose his semi-clones in other series, especially now that Palutena is possibly confirmed.

Want: 0% - Palette swap is fine.

Toad: 1% - During Brawl's development when we got the SSE updates, I considered R.O.B. to be a 0 and I was blindsided by his inclusion. I believe that he is disconfirmed, but I'll give him a 1 to cover my bases.

Want: 85% - I still believe that he was robbed and should have been in this game.

Jimmy T prediction: 1.89%

Panther x 5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Dark Pit
Chances - 1%
I want to believe his chances are low because Sakurai is no longer at the Melee level of adding easy clones to swell the roster. And yes, I know Dark Pit can be a completely different character, but by virtue of the fact it's literally a clone of Pit, then we can assume at least in movement they'd be the same and really, to me that'd kinf of fly in the face of the supposed "diversity" requirement, and bringing something no one in Smash brings right now.

Want - 20%
I like Kid Icarus and if he made it in I'd hope he was given enough of a personality to stand out. But aside from that, I'd prefer many other KI characters. Also, a third KI character is just something I don't see happening, unless it's Hades.

Toad
Chances - 1%
Completely obliterated by Rosalina. Not only because now another Mario newcomer just seems ludicrous, but also because of the way Sakurai approached the situation. The picture of Toad about to get hit by an arrow with the comment of making sure to see the Direct, to then have Rosalina be revealed tells me one thing only: Toad is stuck as a move and Rosalina is what they wanted out of a Mario newcomer.
That's that, game over. Like Ashley fans, it's time to move on.

Want - 50%
My want takes into account current events, and as a result Toad's want for me took a fall. Now that's Rosalina is in, I seriously seriously don't want any more Mario newcomers. Now, with Toad it's at a 50% because I'd dislike a sixth Mario newcomer, but at the same time it being Toad would be nice given the fan desire that has existed for him for such a long time. So that's the part I'd like.
But really, I'm done with Mario characters, bring in the other series.

Predictions
Jimmy T. - 5.8%
A bit lower than Mona.

Nominations
x5 Bowser Land

Groose

Smash Champion
Any Toad, I suppose. You did it the way I would have gone about it.

@ Groose Groose , do I need to revise my thoughts?

Want for Generic Toad: 0%
Want for Specific Toad like Captain Toad: 95%
I'll just average them out, OK? 47.5% for any Toad, generic or specific, ja?

Cripes, sorry about that. Probably the biggest Rate Their Chances post ever, eh?

For now.

But I will have my record back.

AlexandRA Roivas (Eternal Darkness) x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
You know what? I'm in such a good mood after seeing the Shroom do better in want, I'm gonna bumper that Dark Pit Want rating up from 25% to 50% and spread that love. Sorry for messing up your ratings if you'd already started Groose.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Gotta do this before we're done with the day. Yikes.

Dark Pit:

Chance: 3%
Possible, but really really unlikely.

Want: 15%
He would be cool as a semi-clone.

Toad:

Chance: 6.66%
Peach's move never was an issue, and I stand by that, but Rosalina killed our poor mushroom man.

Want: 100%
YoshiandToad summed up my thoughts on the matter.

Prediction for Jimmy T.: 1.33%
Not likely, but possible.

YEAH! EXTRA NOMS!!! (First time getting them :D)

Noms: x10 Non-character hanafuda representation (stage, item, trophy, etc.)

Groose

Smash Champion
Dark Pit: 10%
I've said before that I don't consider Palutena the only possible Kid Icarus character. Dark Pit could get in because he's an easy semi-clone, and he is a liked character. Plus, the Palutena leak doesn't hurt him as much as the oter characters because, if the leak is real, his chances fall less than the more unique potential Kid Icarus characters.

Dark Pit Want: 0%
Why would I want a semi-clone who never overly impressed me when I could have the likes of Hades or Palutena or even Medusa?

Toad: 1%
Toad is on life support. You've got the whole "moveset refresh" quote and the recent Toon Link swap out picture, and you have Blue Toad and Captain Toad and stuff like that. Honestly, though, he has essentially no chance now; I feel he's borderline deconfirmed...

Toad Want: 100%
...which is a shame, as he jumped into my top ten most wanted shortly before Peach's reveal, and has remained there since. Oh well... there's always the next game.

Gangplank Galleon x5

Jimmy Prediction: 4.74%

His mad dancing skills won't defeat Mona.

DAY OVER

...AND YET ANOTHER KID ICARUS DAY PASSES WITHOUT A HADES SIGHTING

Groose

Smash Champion
Dark Pit (Kid Icarus)
3.66% chance
24.55% want

Poor Pittoo. His wings burned up and he fell. His chance score isn't among the Top 75, and his want score isn't anything special. Pretty Palutena must have done a real number on him.

Toad (Super Mario)
3.05% chance (previously 17.90%, before that 30.16%)
50.29% want (previously 45.08%, before that 36.28%)

The last time we rated Toad, it was Day 78--just a few weeks after first seeing Toad as a move. Toad dropped out of the Top 20 on then, and today he has fallen out of the Top 75. Fortunately for the little fungi, his want score keeps increasing; now, he is somewhere in the Top 20 want. So, he's not quite the best, but he's up there on the want side.

Today we're getting FUNKY! No, it's not Funky Kong's day... yet. Today we're rating Jimmy T., the greatest dancer ever to grace Diamond City. He once broke up with a woman who looks suspiciously like the Wii Fit Trainer because he needed to groove. Please rate Jimmy T. in chance and want. Oh... and then we have a rerate. Please rate Sheik in chance and want! Here comes :diddy:!

Tomorrow we're keeping with the Rhythm and rating the Rhythm Wrestler. Will he overcome the Monkey and the Karate expert? Please predict Rhythm Wrestler's score. Today's noms go to... Golden Icarus.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Jimmy T. chance: 2.5%
Jimmy T. Want: 75% Personally I think he's one of the better look Warioware characters out there.
Sheik chance: 85% I think he has a good chance of returning, but there's the possibility Impa replacing Sheik, but that's pretty doubtful.
Sheik want: 50% In all honesty, I love Sheik, but if it Impa were to replace her, I would be totally fine with it.
Wrestler Prediction: 5.6% Just putting out a random number.
Nominations:
x5 Harry

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Toad's appreciation ages like good wine.

Jimmy T. - Chance and Want: 0.1% - I just don't see it nor want it.

Sheik: Chance 85% - Sheik is like Jigglypuff, completely irrelevant at this point, but will live on due to her Smash name.
Want: 100% - But please return to your old melee safe.

RH Prediction: 6.89%

Panther x5

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Jimmy T.
chance 25% The same rating I gave Mona. If Sakurai decides to give Wario a newcomer he's one of the biggest 4 to pick from.
want 58% Let's get funky!

Sheik
chance 95%
The Zelda characters other than Toon Link keeping their designs cements the idea that Sheik will return.
want 50% neutral

x5 Isa Jo
PRedict 7.77%

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Jimmy T.'s chances: 0.5% - I stand by my statement that Wario's chances of getting another rep are extremely low. I feel Mona has a slightly better shot if there is one, so he gets a slightly lower score.
Want: 10% - I never was a big fan of him.

Sheik's chances: 95% - The phantom's enough to drop my score by 4%, though I think it's just going to be an Assist. I also can't see Impa replacing her anymore (though she still has a shot as a separate slot)...I think if she was going to, Zelda would have been based on her Skyward Sword incarnation. I'm still going to be very surprised if Sheik doesn't make the cut.
Want: 100% - My favorite of the Zelda characters.

Wrestler prediction: 6.10%

Mewtwo x5

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
Jimmy T:

Chance - 2%
-
I think Ashley (who was the cream of the crop amongst potential Wario reps) being demoted to Assist Trophy means our rotund, garlic-loving antihero will likely stay solo in the representation of his series. I think Captain Syrup and/or Mona would make better and more likely newcomers would Sakurai decide to add another Wario character

Want - 0%
- I enjoyed Smooth Moves quite a lot when it first came out but Ashley is the only WarioWare character I am interested in. Sorry

Sheik:

Chance - 92%
- Despite all the buzz about Sheik's fate in the next Smash because of the Zelda/Phantom photo, I think our ninja is here to stay. Phantom is most likely an AT and the photo is merely cleverly-timed. Sheik is a staple to Smash and to Zelda's identity within Smash. She's most likely going nowhere.

Want - 100%
-
While I'm not necessarily opposed to Impa being incorporated over Sheik (I have little experience with the Zelda universe or its characters), I would rather Sheik stay just for the sake of continuity. She has a huge fanbase within Smash who would miss her dearly and I don't like the idea of that.

Palutena x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Jimmy T.
Chance: 0% - If Ashley isn't going to be playable, he certainly won't be.
Want: 0% - I have absolutely no interest.

Sheik
Chance: 90% - The only scenario that can imagine for Sheik getting cut would be getting replaced by Impa. What she does have going for her is the recent success of Ocarina of Time 3DS which is already being represented in SSB4 with a stage. It also helps that Link and Zelda have their Twilight Princess designs instead of their Skyward Sword designs, which a feel counts against Impa.
Want: 29% - I know I'm slightly in the minority, but I strongly prefer Zelda's princess look.

Rhythm Wrestler prediction: 1.6%

Nominations: Gyromite stage x5

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Jimmy T: 0% Chance / 50% Want
Indifferent. But since Sakurai picked Wii Fit Trainer because she was a "dancer", and that she was the best dancer he found, Jimmy T is as good as deconfirmed.

Sheik: 100% Chance / 90% Want
Sakurai has said he has not made any cuts to the roster. So if Phantom Zelda is a Zelda move, it isn't replacing Sheik.

5x nomz Athena Cykes (probably going to score super low but she's one of my favorite characters of all time)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Jimmy T.

Chance: 0.3%
I would have rated him at 4.3% if it wasn't for one thing.

Sakurai may have unintentionally deconfirmed him for us.

Do you remember that Sakurai mentioned why he added Wii Fit Trainer? She was the best character for a "dancing-based" fighting style.

Dancing based.

Dancing based.

Yeah, I'm sorry Jimmy, but...word of Sakurai. If Wii Fit Trainer did it best, than Jimmy didn't do it well enough.

Want: 70%
Yes. So much yes.

Now for the more controversial one...

Sheik:

Chance: 62%
I am not confident that Sheik will be returning. With Impa being a more recurring character be a longshot, Zelda's possible new move in the Phantom, our getting less newcomer this time around...I don't know, but Impa's looking like a very real possibility in my mind right now. If Sakurai wants to buff the roster by separating our dear Sheilda, Impa is a perfect candidate.

However, at this point in time, I view Sheik's return as more likely than Impa's introduction by about 12%.

Want: 70%
I love Sheik. A lot. But I don't play Sheilda, so I would prefer Zelda and Sheik's being separated. The wants only that high because I would be very upset with Sakurai if he cut Sheik completely.

Prediction for Wrestler: 5.34%
Let's see how this goes.

Noms:
x3 Non-Character Hanafuda Representation (Stage, Item, Trophy, Sticker, etc.)
x2 Diskun

@ Groose Groose Did you miss my nominations for "Non-Character Hanafuda Representation (Stage, Item, Trophy, Sticker, etc.)"? Should be at 13 noms now. It hasn't been added to the list yet, but "Hanafuda Character" is up there with 10 nominations, so I'm worried that you may have misread it.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Jimmy Televisor

The Facts
-One of the top choices for a Warioware Rep.
-Wario Land seems to be completely ignored by Sakurai if Ashley is any sign. This is a good sign for Warioware, horrible sign for Wario Land.
-Ashley is an AT. This is helpful.
The Issues
-What's to say we can't get more than one Warioware AT?
-Mona is the other big candidate for Wario.
-We may not even get a 2nd Wario Slot.
How do these Mesh?
-Well, if we DO get a 2nd Slot for Wario, he's one of the top candidates.
-Though Mona has a better shot, in all honesty. She's got more variety in her moveset potency.
Overall Rating: 5.6%

Want: 65%- Primarily because of funk. Ever heard of Nu Disco? It's a genre which is literally "New Disco": EDM that is a throwback to funky music. And what does Jimmy T embody? Funky Music and Disco. So yes, I'd like him a lot.

Sheik-

The Facts
-Two Time Veteran and alter ego to Zelda.
-Is usually revealed later than Zelda (Which plenty of people seem to forget) so saying that this means she's cut is not really valid.
-Impa? While Impa is indeed important in Zelda, she's not really the same basis as Sheik. Sheik is a PHYSICAL counterpart to Zelda, unlike Impa.
-Remember that Zelda is keeping her TP design.
-
Sheik is like Jigglypuff, completely irrelevant at this point, but will live on due to her Smash name.
This. Right here.
The Issues
-That Phantom does have a possibility of being a new Zelda Move. Though, the issue is it could be an AT... or Sheik could be a Taunt....
-Impa has the chance of replacing her (No, no no. Seriously, I don't see this happening at all. Yeah, Sheik hasn't been in as many Zelda games, but relevancy and recency aren't valid here. OOT 3D is a thing to Sakurai: Sheik became relevant and recent again. So did Impa, but Sheik is a bigger deal because she's technically Zelda.)
How do these Mesh?
-If Impa and Sheik HAVE to fight for a rep spot, Sheik will win. Sorry to my fellow Impa supporters, but Sheik is too beloved by people, including myself, a former Sheik main in Melee. Impa is much better off being a 5th Rep and fighting Tetra and Vaati, who she can hold a candle to. There's the really small off chance, but it's pointless to say it's not happening, because there's a 99% chance Sheik isn't getting cut.

Overall Chance: 99%

Want: 100%- As I stated, I'm a former Sheik main. Impa and Sheik can coexist. But I think Sheik in Smash is a very big deal, a character that I would massively miss if she was to get cut, even for Impa, who I do support. It's the greater of the two that I like.

POSE 4 DA FANS
Predicting 5%- The Rhythm Wrestler would be incredible, but it's not very likely.

Who Gets My Noms Today?
Hype Train, with Palutena X5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Jimmy T.
Chance: 2%
Again, like I said on Mona's day; I just can't see two Warioware characters occurring. Wario, I feel, does such a fantastic job of representing the Warioware side of his franchise, there's little need for the WarioWare crew to be added.

With Ashley out(the fan favourite with lots of black magic moveset potential) I'm not entirely convinced even the mighty Jimmy T. can rise to glory. He and Mona are around the same chance wise as they are both the second most important Warioware employees(yes, even more than Ashley).

Want: 48%
Also like Mona, I quite like Jimmy. If he was in though, he'd be most likely a rhythm based fighter, which would put Rhythm Heaven reps possibly out of commission. That series is growing on me. Which is handy since one of the most infamous characters is getting rated tomorrow.

I prefer Mona, if only by a smidgen, to Jimmy. But he'd be quickly accepted in should he happen. I love WarioWare, I just don't love it's chances.

Sheik
Chance: 98%
If this was Brawl, I'd rate this lower. But seeing as how Sakurai didn't change Sheik then, I can't see him swapping her/him out now for the admittedly more obvious candidate in Impa. Ocarina of Time was a huge deal...possibly the hugest deal in Nintendo history after Mario 64 and definitely the most critically acclaimed Zelda title.

Sheik is the living embodiment of the Ocarina of Time influence that has hung over Smash.

Want: 15%
Okay, okay, I know s/he's a popular Smash pick, but hear me out.
Sheik is a one time game character, in one of the most famous and beloved video game series of all time. If you don't include Smash that is. What does Sheik do in the game s/he appears in?

S/he teaches you songs.

Now can you imagine if I came along and said I wanted Medli from Wind Waker in Smash?
You'd probably think me mad!
But take into consideration that Medli in her game had a more active role than Sheik did, you; the player got to control her, she could also play a harp, and hers could be used to defeat monsters of darkness. Seems a more proactive role to me. Plus she could fricking fly.

Of course the real reason Sheik gets in is because s/he IS Zelda. In one game anyway. That's one less than Tetra, a far more active Zelda in disguise.

Honestly there's a buttload of Zelda reps I'd want over Sheik; Vaati, Tingle, Ghirahim, the aforementioned personal want of Medli(like literally I'm probably the only person on the planet that has her as my favourite Zelda character), the far more active disguise of Tetra and yes, even Impa, who is at least reoccurring unlike Sheik.

Really the only Zelda character I want LESS than Sheik(with some sort of fighting potential) is Toon Sheik. So err, there's that. Not my least favourite Zelda character, but one I feel I wouldn't miss all that much if it meant we could get a Zelda newcomer that wasn't linked to another rendition of the triforce trio.

Rhythm Heaven Wrestler: 10%
His want is going to be off the scale though. WHOA, YOU GO BIG GUY!

Nominations:
Argh....ummm...
Playable Bosses Concept X 5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Jimmy T.

Chance - 1.5% - Slightly less than Mona. While both are similar in credentials, their move pools could not be more different. Mona has a lot of job-related junk lying around, while Jimmy has disco dancing. In my view, Mona's move set is more in line with Wario-Ware, while Jimmy has a similar concept to the WFT. Mona could have some similar notions from either the Villager or Game and Watch, I'm still inclined to believe that Mona has the better move set, I guess due to the objects appearing being more "focused". Either way, he's next in line.

Want - 51% - Don't care much, but an extra percent because I like disco. What else can I say?

Sheik

Chance - 99.5% - While the Phantom may have instilled the smallest doubt, I say Sheik is still only slightly less likely than cutting Zelda. I'm still not inclined to believe that it is a move, though, sense it has been so long that I would have expected more from the move by now.

Want - 100% - A cut's a cut, no matter what.

Wrestler X Prediction - 3.5% - Popular, but nothing compared to the big dogs. We'll see how this one goes....

Nominations
Epic Yarn Stage X5

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Jimmy T.: 1%
Want: 65%
Sheik: 99.9%
Want: 100%
I believe the only 2 Brawl vets I've given non-100s% to in want are Snake and Sonic. I plan on continuing that.
Wrestler: 2.5%
Yarne and Owain x 5
edit: 2 days... 2 days... (or 1 if someone helps ;))

D

Deleted member

Poor Toad…
I say that we should re-rate Waluigi and Paper Mario. Hopefully someone will put those two to the top.
Jimmy T. and Sheik have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Sheik before, please check what you said on her day!

Jimmy T.
Chance:
1%

Yet another popular character from the WarioWare series. While he is popular, barely anyone from that series stands out as a candidate other than Wario. Barely anyone is pulling for these guys and with Ashley out of the way, I dunno if the door is open to any one of these characters. But still, he could be given some whacky moveset by Sakurai and his moveset could involve some dance moves… so he at least has something. However, Wario isn't ready for a second rep, especially when the fat greedy guy himself represents it perfectly. (but he needs Wario Land moves)
Want: 10%
I guess he could be interesting.
Looking at Jimmy T., his design reminds me of Waluigi… I wonder why he hasn't been in any of the WarioWare games…

Sheik
Chance:
95%

Minus five percent because of some doubt and the possibility that Sakurai would get rid of her to leave room for others.
Personally, I think that we are prematurely rating her. The thing we know about the Phantom is that it exists in the game and nothing else. Is it a part of Zelda's moveset? Is it an Assist Trophy?

Here we see Zelda in some sort of pose with the Phantom. You could say that it's a summoning pose?

Well… where is your Phantom?
Nothing indicates that the Phantom is a special move and I am leaning more towards of it being an Assist Trophy.
Want: 25%
With that being said, my thoughts have changed and I lowered my want by 75%. Why? Well, I rather have other characters get in before Sheik and if she got removed, then I would be fine. Not that I don't like her, but I rather have other characters.
Just because I lowered my want doesn't mean that I want Impa. I find her to be uninteresting. The Zelda character that I want the most is Ghirahim.

Rhythm Wrestler Prediction: 4.75%
Meh?

Nominations: Yeah! Reyn time! 5x

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom