• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
Who's that little girl living in the haunted mansion?

You better learn my name because I'm DECONFIRMED!
Who's the girl next door, living in the haunted mansion?
Don't need to learn her name 'cause she's an AT!

Ashley disconfirmed and makes it as an assist trophy. For reference, we gave her 5.85%
Wait... I've been Ninja'd?

Double posted this because it said someone else had posted since my last post. Oh well.
You don't seem to be getting it. No Nintendo character has a 0% chance aside from Confirmed not to exist characters.
...and Chancellor Cole.
Well... Sable's uniquenss is tied to transformation, which would require a lot of work to implement. Muddy's uniqueness is tied to being a mole, which requires less programming and is only rivaled by Mr. Resetti.
Ehh... you do have a point. He's a veteran who I don't see getting cut, but there's the small chance he's cut or replaced, which to myself still fathoms me. I'll take your point and step down. My apologies.
Oh, it's just that we all see him differently. We all see Ganondorf and Dedede and Marth coming back, but there are a fair number of people who will peg Ike in the 80's, I'm sure of it. Don't worry, though; there should be something else during his day to keep us occupied.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I have a good idea for a concept. Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong Tag Team. I think that this could be in the realm of possibility…

EDIT: Also, just as an idea, can we please rate Bowser Jr. and the Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario concept on the same day? It would be good to compare both at least.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Oh hey, another new assist trophy! It's almost like they need to replace assist trophies that are being bumped up to playable characters...

#WishfulThinking #VoteForIsaac

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Muddy Mole

Don't know much about this guy, but he's a character from an obscure old Game Boy game that I've barely seen any references to. By default that gives him relatively low chances.

Muddy Mole chances: 3%

Muddy Mole want: 30%

Isaac

Not a lot has changed, but I think I need to revise some of my scores downward (plus Rosalina has taken a newcomer slot). My model thinks that Golden Sun has a decent shot at getting a rep, but my model doesn't know that Golden Sun is more popular in the West and the games have had declining sales, etc. which make me revise downward. Isaac is a good choice for an RPG rep and magical weapon user though.

Isaac chances: 26%

Isaac want: 63%

Micaiah prediction: 7%

Nominations:
Toad x5

Not at all bothered by Ashley being an AT. I wonder when we'll see Wario though...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Muddy Mole - 10%

From what I know he is from an obscure old Game boy game. But hey, the Ice Clmbers were rather obscure too. Muddy Mole getting in is certainly a possibility, albeit, one that I don't see as being very likely.

Want - 52%

Mostly indifferent to him, but I'd like to see what could be done for him.

Isaac - 30%

Golden Sun isn't exactly one of Nintendo's more well known franchises. This didn't stop it from having Isaac, it's main character as an Assist Trophy in Brawl, so this could potentially give Isaac a better chance to be playable this time around.

Want - 52%

Micaiah Prediction - 1.33.

Dry Bowser x5.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well... Sable's uniquenss is tied to transformation, which would require a lot of work to implement. Muddy's uniqueness is tied to being a mole, which requires less programming and is only rivaled by Mr. Resetti.
You're probably right on that, but I personally think it's well worth the effort to implement the character and bringing back the franchise alive.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Muddy Mole:

Prediction: 65%
He seems like a reasonable retro character.
I never played Mole Mania so I am not sure.

Wants: 50%
Again, I never played Mole Mania so I don't know, but he seems interesting.

Isaac:

Prediction: 40%
He seems like a reasonable choice, but other miscellaneous characters out prioritize him in uniqueness and importance.

Wants: 70%
He seems like a cool addition, though I think we have enough swordsman. The only swordsmen I'll take are Roy, Samurai Goroh, or a new Moveset for Ganondorf.

Nomination: The Luigi's Mansion series representation as a whole. So both E. Gadd and King Boo.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Muddy Mole
Chance 8%
As far as retros go; I believe he has a pretty good shot, but like any other obscure retro character, he faces competition from every other classic Nintendo character there is (Takamaru, DH Dog, Excitebiker, etc.). However, with him being one of the few potential Gameboy reps, and having decent popularity and exposure, I'd still classify him as one of the frontrunners for a new retro character.
Want 78%
He seems like he would be a really fun and unique character, so why not?

Isaac
Chance 26%
I try to make myself believe that most of my most wanted characters aren't complete shoo-ins. Simply because I don't want to be dissapointed when/if their not included, and Isaac's no exception. To save time; I'm not going to go over all the pros and cons of Isaac, but instead just cover the basics. Now, to begin with, I believe there is only a 40% chance of a Golden Sun rep, which isn't that bad, and a 14% chance Matthew getting in instead of Isaac. And also that Little Mac, Shulk, and an anticipated retro character (Takamaru) are all more likely than a Golden Sun rep, with Golden Sun being more likely than an Advance Wars, Sin & Punishment, Custom Robo, or any other misc series that isn't Xeno or Punch-Out. Making Isaac one of the most likely misc. characters, but not necessarily likely in my opinion.
Want 100%
Duh.

Micaiah prediction 12.3%

Nominations
Jimmy T. x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Can we nominate for a Rate your (un)happiness day for ATs?
I think something like this would be beter saved for a bit closer to launch, but I'm not o
Nominations: Dark Samus x5. Not a likely character. But someone I think is worth talking about nonetheless. Perhaps some people would at least like the idea of Dark Samus being playable.
We did do one rating that resulted in: Dark Samus (Metroid): 7.94% chance, 26.32% want, but that was months ago. That's a character I'm sure we wouldn't mind revisiting.

Muddy Mole: 12.50% chance

My main qualm against Muddy Mole is that he doesn't really have any much to make him stand out from the crowd of Retros. You can use the whole "made by Miyamoto" argument, but I don't think it matters too much. The strongest things I see in his favor are his worldwide release, which a number of Retros lack, and his blending, cartoony nature. His game isn't very well known and he's actually younger than I am (his game was made in 1996), so he may not even be considered as a Retro. Overall, his simplicity in design and programming and his potential for uniqueness (burrowing) do make me think he has a half-decent shot.

Muddy Mole Want: 75.00%
When I was a lad, I owned a copy of Mole Mania. I remember it being fun, but difficult; other than that, my memories are fuzzy. Over the summer, I actually went looking for it; I found the slip of paper where I had traded it in for two bucks instead. Ouch. If I ever get time, I may download it on my 3DS. However, because I don't remember the game well enough, having owned it actually doesn't impact how much I want Muddy Mole.

What does make me want him is his design and his uniqueness. Muddy is cartoony and blends right into the Smash environment; he really is a creation of Miyamoto. Now, the other thing that I like his his burrowing: I feel that could create a fun moveset, and I'd like to see it. Still, since I don't have too much attatchment to him and there are characters I'd like to see more, he gets a 75 from me.

Isaac Chance: 35%
I said back on day three that he fell into shadows since the pre-Brawl days. I still hold to my statement. His support is there, but not as large; his games have dropped off; other characters have arisen. Of all of the Brawl AT's, I'd say he's the second most likely behind Little Mac; he has an edge up on what Starfy had and what Saki and the Robos have based off of his support and more prominent series. They'd have in the 20% range; Isaac gets into the 30's.

Isaac Want: 60%
I consider myself a handheld gaming aficionado; I spent the vast majority of my times on handhelds, playing more obscure titles like Mole Mania. Even so, I have never tried a Golden Sun game. Again, it's distant on the list. I think he could be unique; I like his design; his fanbase deserves to get him. However, limited roster spots, yada yada yada.

Micaiah Prediction: 2.56%
There are many potential candidates in her series. She suffers accordingly.

Dr. Mario Stage x5

DAY OVER

RETURN OF GR----

AHHHHHHH!

HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLPP MMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A little surprised to see Muddy Mole beat Isaac in the want category. But at least some see Isaac as a little more plausible. As for Dark Samus, I'm pretty sure I missed the first day that the character was being talked about. So I wouldn't mind if we went over her chances a while later. But I understand if everyone else would prefer to wait a while.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
DAY OVER

RETURN OF GR----

AHHHHHHH!

HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLPP MMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

oh, did the old Villager get to ya? :demon:

Hades the Magnificent

Smash Cadet
Muddy Mole (Mole Mania)
11.08% chance
42.54% want

This dumb mole did better than I did? Why doesn't he just go burrow into a hole and die? How dare he muddy up my good name!

Isaac (Golden Sun)
33.87% chance (previously 52.48%)
66.46% want (previously 71.60%)

Isaac dropped out of the top ten. Awww, poor little baby. I guess that means Shulk is now a top-ten newcomer. But hey look, who cares?

Now onto the main event. As I understand it, you you supposed to rate some Fire Emblem chick. Mike, was that it? But that bores me. So instead of rating some old-news Fire Emblem waifu, we're rating the one waifu to rule them all. Ladies and gents, I am asking you to board the hype train, because today we are going to have some real fun.

Please rate Reggie Fils-Aime in chance and want today. We are not having a rerate or concept because that would take away from the epicness of the Reggienator. Heck, I think he's a big a goddess magnet as I am.

You can give me nominations; I'll count them if I feel like it. I'm too lazy to announce the winner of the noms from Muddy's day. I guess you can keep predicting Micaiah if you want. We'll get to her. Maybe.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Reggie Chance: 3.5% I think he has a small chance, though I seriously doubt Sakuari would actually consider him.
Reggie Want: 95% My body agrees with the inclusion of Reggie.
Nominations:
x5 Harry.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hmph. Hades IS an alt account of Groose. Even if it was obvious already, now I'm 100% sure of it now. ;)

So. Reggie:
0% chance
0% want

I'm not even going to bother explaining.

EDIT: Forgot Noms
6 Mario characters x 5

EDIT 2: Let me tell ya, if he doesn't end up at the bottom of the list, I'll be seriously disappointed. :p

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Reggie
Chance: 0% - I don't think he even wants to be in Smash.
Want: 0% - To quote Pit: Go home Hades, just go home.

Nominations: Dr. Mario stage x5

Hades the Magnificent

Smash Cadet
...This just got real, @ Hades the Magnificent Hades the Magnificent . Shall I represent my Viridi Ego yet again?
That puny little pest? Ugh. Keep her away from my thread, or I will delete your save file ban your account.

Hmph. Hades IS an alt account of Groose. Even if it was obvious already, now I'm 100% sure of it.

0% want

I'm not even going to bother explaining.

EDIT 2: Let me tell ya, if he doesn't end up at the bottom of the list, I'll be seriously disappointed. :p
1) Me? Groose? Oh, how you make me laugh! His appalling hair makes my gorge rise.

2) Not going to bother giving an explanation for your 0% want score? REALLY? Then there's only one explanation: you're insane!

3) Oh, he won't end up on the bottom. He'll end the day in second place--behind yours truly.

Hades the Magnificent

Smash Cadet
I'm disappointed in you. This day has been going for fifteen minutes, and there aren't any Reggie gifs or Kid Icarus posters yet? Pathetic.
NEXT DAY PLEASE!
Pfft. I'll have you know that Groose said I had until Friday to run things. Who knows, I may just stick around longer, too. So you'll be stuck with me (and Reggie) for quite a bit longer. And since you have to do music... It's your job to find a bunch of Reggie quotes to add!

WELCOME TO MY UNDERWORLD, TOXICROAKER!

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Reggie:

Chance: 100%
Every chance. Saturday's comments don't effect him at all. He's a universal Nintendo icon and not just a meme.

Want: 95%
Being not European I have a lot of love for him. He'd be the best use of a slot ever. The 5% is because it would be a terribly sombre moment.

No pokémon ATs*4 (another nomination is.in w further post)

Also happy oposite day everyone!

...wait! It's not opposite day?
well, ****!

Also:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCsQtwIwAA&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l4UmHKTX9H4&ei=FgrXUvsph8qxBNC-gLAE&usg=AFQjCNGMQ3joIKA-ffEHRgIt52aQO4WuEA&sig2=zm6Pvi4d56qzz_DFdidrLg

From mobile do can't work out how to link it properly...

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
1) Me? Groose? Oh, how you make me laugh! His appalling hair makes my gorge rise.
[collapse="Don't open unless you want to ruin the fun/mystery!"]

{I haven't played Aace Attorney, so don't expect me to make posts like Groose. Just puting that out.)
Ha! Do not expect me to as naive as I was on your day. I conveniently forgot I could compare post DNAs IP addresses. And I judge you as guilty. (Nah, it's cool. Strictly speaking, having more than one account is against the rules, but I'll let this pass.)[/collapse]
2) Not going to bother giving an explanation for your 0% want score? REALLY? Then there's only one explanation: you're insane!
I suppose. Give me a while to cool off.
3) Oh, he won't end up on the bottom. He'll end the day in second place--behind yours truly.
We'll see. :smirk:

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

{I haven't played Aace Attorney, so don't expect me to make posts like Groose. Just puting that out.)
Ha! Do not expect me to as naive as I was on your day. I conveniently forgot I could compare post DNAs IP addresses. And I judge you as guilty. (Nah, it's cool. Strictly speaking, having more than one account is against the rules, but I'll let this pass.)
thanks for ruining the mystery. some things are better left unsolved.;)

Hades the Magnificent

Smash Cadet

{I haven't played Ace Attorney, so don't expect me to make posts like Groose. Just puting that out.)
Ha! Do not expect me to as naive as I was on your day. I conveniently forgot I could compare post DNAs IP addresses. And I judge you as guilty. (Nah, it's cool. Strictly speaking, having more than one account is against the rules, but I'll let this pass.)
Pssh. IP's aren't everything. Who's to say I'm not actually Groose's grandpappy, sharing the same computer? Besides, who do you think people will believe--a stupid moderator or me, the god of destruction, master of awesome one-liners, and king of chaos?

Just... Um... Mr. Moderator...? Could you... *ahem* not check the DevineDeity's IP? Best not to go poking around in that stuff, if you know what's good for you.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
BRRZ. BEEP BEEP. AXLE.EXE HAS ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR.
INITIALIZING REBOOT.
REBOOT OPTIONS:
-Load with normal mode
-Load with Viridi.exe
-Load with Naoto.exe
SELECTING NAOTO.EXE.
INITIALIZING...Initializing...

Oh, why hello there. I'm Naoto Shirogane, and aparantly I've been called to rate on Reggie Fils-Aime, rate my want on this man, and Nominate some other characters. Despite being a strange activity to my standards, I find it enjoyable on occasion.

So... I believe today was (as I was casually informed by a friend of mine) a man named Reggie Fils Aime. Well, I've done a bit of research here, and I can find some facts and some good points. But in addition, there's some large obstacles that prevent a good score overall.
So... shall we begin? ;)

[AXLE.EXE LOADING PROTOTYPE RATING SYSTEM 3.0]

Reggie Fils Aime
The Facts:
-He's a popular figure that rose to internet status as a "meme".
-He's the president of Nintendo Of America.
-He's been well requested in America.
-In Japan, he's less requested.
The Issues:
-He's based on a real figure. Doing that in a fighting game is difficult. As it is seen with Marvel VS Capcom, it requires more and more contracts, even in-house. Because of this, it makes characters like Dr. Kawashima difficult to say as certain.
-While he's well requested, he's also berated a tad. This can provide a negative response from consumers and people for being a "waste of a roster slot."
-If Reggie ends up becoming a Mii version of his own character, it'd likely get the same response.
-He's joked about getting into Smash, but from many angles, it appears that he doesn't really care much.

When weighing these together...
-His response would be very mixed. Many people would praise Sakurai for selecting him, but on the other hand, it'd be met with hate and criticism.
-The issue of his status as a real person is an issue. It hurts his chances due to contracting, which is a huge hassle if Reggie was to leave Nintendo at any point in time.
-He has a plausible, I repeat, a very plausible shot at success.

Overall? I'm giving him a .00%. The issue of being a popular figure is a massive double edged sword. In addition, it doesn't exactly feel in place with Smash Bros. Snake fit into Brawl pretty well, but a spokesman would stick out like a sore thumb.

Want
As I have stated before, Smash Bros is a game where the characters mostly fit in. It's a well balanced roster, in terms of variety. Though the striking removal of Mewtwo is Brawl is a strange choice, that's not the issue here. In my defense, I wouldn't like a spokesman to be playable ahead of anything. I don't really care for characters that are thrown into a game due to recency and the like. 00.00%.

Nominations...
Hm... I'm never one to typically nominate one character repeadiatly.
How about I give my nominations to @ KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms with Scrooge McDuck X5?

Anyways, I'm heading off. See you all whenever, a friend of mine wants to hang. I've got to solve this whole Phantom Thief Game...

[CONSOLE: NAOTO.EXE safety measure suspended]
[CONSOLE: AXLE.EXE rebooted in normal conditions]

Well, what you just saw here is my next plan on doing ratings. Gonna take PVC even further!

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Micaiah's cha--wait what happened why are we rating reggie I'M CONFUSED

Reggie's chances: 0% - No.
Want: 0% - No

Ike x5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Hey Hades! how ya been doing, bro!

Nice to see ya after such a long time! it's been what? a month? oh well, whatever, but you should probably go before groose comes back.

Hey look! here he comes now!

wait....REGGIE!?!

Reggie: 0.01 on the fact they might not be joking about the petition, but I really never will see it happening EVER.
Want: 5% while I don't really want him in, there will be something funny about him being in smash. it would probably have the same effect as the Wii Fit Trainer on me.

Micahah: 2.6%

Noms:
Grovyle x4
Stork

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
AAAAAHHHHHHH
AAAAUUUGGGGHHHHHHH
AAAAJJOLENFESLKVSDVDAOVAHBFVAUIVFBHALJVBADHVDAHGVASGEYTGFD
AAFAFFHSOFISFNCIU
M
JBDSVFSIHBGSRVJKDSVNAADSKJVBS

regie: 1.2121212%
hihihihihihihehehehehehehuhuhuhuhu

wont: 6.65%
didududududmdmdm saraba chikyuu yo tabidatsu fune wa
uchuu senkan yamato
uchuu no kanata iskandar e
unmei seoi ima tobidatsu
kanarazu koko e kaette kuruto
te wo furu hito ni egao de kotae
ginga wo hanare iskandar e
harubaru nozomu
uchuu senkan yamato

nomienate:
kunio-kun +5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well. Um... This is unexpected.

Reggie:

Chance: .01%
Not impossible....but almost there.

Want: 0%
I like Reggie fine, but I only want him as one of the default pallet swaps for the Mii. Anything else would be a waste.

Noms: Diskun x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mic- wait. Reggie has been added to the Directory?!

Oh thank god because I couldn't stand another Fire Emble- I mean, HADES! HOW DARE YOU!

Reggie… I am seriously rating this guy?
Chance: 0%

Just… why? Why? Why in god's name should Reggie be added to the roster? No chance in hell this guy is getting in.
Want: -100%
Hated the idea of him being in the game when the petition was made. I hate this idea as much as Cloud Strife getting in the game and I gave him a -100% too.

Mic- Fire Emblem Character #500 Prediction: 1.30%
Ugh…
Nominations: Bomberman 5x
It's not too late! Help me please!

Hades the Magnificent

Smash Cadet

hades back and is trying to get hype for the reggie train?
well too bad, wolf's back here end the hype train,
Play times over, . . . Hades!
Don't get too cocky, Star Wolf! There is no stopping this train. ALL ABOARD! CHOO CHOO CHOO!

CHOOOOO CHOOO CHOOOOO CHOOO CHOOOO CHOOOOO CHOOO CHOOOOOOO!

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Reggie Fils-Aime
Chances 0%
Are you kidding me? Why in the world would anyone want to give him a score higher than--

Oooohh... um, well, what I meant to say is, 0% is clearly out of the question. With Reggie, I'm totally calling a hundred. Yes, that sounds right! And a 100% want as well!

Now hold on just a second!​

The face of darkness is no reason to abandon reason. You've been fighting so long to be logical in your responses. For the sake of everyone out there, you have to be strong!

Lady Palutena! What a blessing to see you here ... but, you must understand, I can't just give Reggie a 0% with Hades at such strength! He'll like ... sass me to death or something

Hades is strong, but not that strong! Just as long as you carry a bit of light within you, I'm sure you'll be safe!

When you think about it, I don't think it's even possible to sass something to death ... and if it is, I wouldn't mind seeing how exactly that would work ...

... You're not exactly being reassuring ...

Sorry about that. Don't worry though! as Goddess of Light it IS my duty to ensure the safety of all. Even if it does mean missing out on a few moments of sassy Hades.
Rate away, without any fear!

Understood Lady Palutena!
Alright, with that in mind

Reggie
0% Chance
0% Want

Sorry Hades, but your game is over!

Nominations
x5 Magnus

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Reggie

Chance 0%
Want 50%

Anyone giving him higher than 0 in chance is probably trolling. Even if we get to have Miis in Sm4sh and the default image is Reggie here and Iwata in Japan, it would still be a Mii, not Reggie.

As for the want score, memes aside it would be pretty hilarious for Mr. President put himself in a position where he could get his behind kicked everyday by characters of his own company. His body is ready yadda yadda.

Panther Caruso x 5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom