• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Daitoryo
Chance: 25%
Hanafuda cards are a HUGE deal. I don't exactly know much about Daitoryo as such, but I know of it's importance to the company, being the foundations of Nintendo's current family friendly appearance(certainly more fondly remembered than either Nintendo's Taxi services or Nintendo's Love Hotels) and as previously mentioned; they are still in production today.

That said I think the odds are stacked against it. At least as a playable. Whilst Daitoryo could be classed as important to the company, and arguably the most important historical representative left(unless Duck Hunt Dog counts as the mascot of their light sensor tech that was brought forth to the Wii...has anyone considered that yet?) it is not technically a character as such and I feel it's translation into a fighter is harder than either Mr. Game and Watch or ROB.

Want: 40%
It's a strange one to me. I know of it's importance and if Assist Trophies hadn't existed yet, I feel like Daitoryo would of been an interesting way to release some of said trophies Yu-gi-oh! style. I wouldn't be adverse to having it represented as a stage, I feel like fighting on a house of Hanafuda cards could be a pretty cool stage.

In fact I want Daitoryo to be included in some way, but like with Rhythm Heaven, Endless Ocean and even Paper Mario(an opinion that is sure to make me even more popular) I feel a playable character isn't the way to go.

DLC Characters:
Chance: 50%
Okay, let's real talk it up here. Nintendo is the last major company to embrace online play, the last to consider things like DLC, and even now the online aspect seems bloody pointless in some games. Yes being able to see a load of crappy Miiverse posts really makes up for not having any actual online co-op play on Super Mario 3D World. Good job Nintendo.

In fact if Namco weren't involved I'd probably label this as a 2% chance since Sakurai wants to release a full game.

Want: 100%

All of my want.

With the promise of less newcomers than before, it seems like shooting yourself in the foot to not have DLC for a game like Smash Bros. People WANT DLC for Smash Bros. People would pay money for DLC for Smash Bros. I'm not talking loads of DLC, but a few packs of characters for a reasonable price released slowly over the course of the years would help fill the six year odd void whilst we patiently wait for a new Smash to come out.

Hell, it can keep Smash speculation going for a while too, and continue to produce hype after hype(providing the first DLC isn't something super lame like Metal Mario as a reskinned direct clone). Smash is one of the big sellers, and releasing additional characters and DLC has worked wonders for Fire Emblem: Awakening and I'm sure we'll see more event Mega Pokemon in X and Y as time rolls on. I doubt Mega Blaziken will be the last Mega form unobtainable in the actual game, especially as it's been shown to be patched.

For the dev team it's surely a good thing too; additional profits and they get to keep their jobs on the game for a little bit longer. I don't see any real downsides to DLC characters(nor balancing via free patches) to either party, providing the DLC's total doesn't hit a ridiculous sum of money that the customer wouldn't pay out for.

Whether you like it or not, DLC is everywhere and isn't going anywhere. I'd rather pay for DLC for Smash than any other game though.

Zero prediction: 1.75%
I predict however there will be a lot of 0 jokes. Not really a prediction seeing as you guys already started. SAVE THE FUNNY FOR HIS DAY GUYZ.

Nominations: Robin X 5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Let's be honest here. Hanafuda has had no prior representation in smash. Not a stage, not a trophy, nothing... And people are asking fir a playable character straight away?

Chance: 3%
Surprise character, but it goes against what smash bros has so far set itself up as. Add that he is based on a real person and he has nothing to base a moveset on... I don't understand how people can honestly think he's half and half.

Want: 35%
I want hanafuda represented, but a trophy is the reasonable request, and there's no good character rep choice.

DLC: 7%
Nintendo have picked it up, but ultimately they treat it like a novelty, releasing Luigi U in disk for pity sake. The most likely way I see is a large expansion pack with new stages, characters, tracks and trophies... That way they can rerelease on disk if they want. This is very much a possibility, but certainly not.a probability, especially given that it's two games.

Want: 75%
As long as the price is okay, or it comes with enough content, if it's just characters ala PSASBR then no thanks.

Zero: 0%

Pokémon AT*5

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Daitoryo: Chance: 0% / Want: 0%

He's never been in a video game (as far as I can tell), which makes him ineligible.

Hi there. Aside from references, much like Daitoryo and Hanafuda, I have never been in a video game. Guess I am eligable form Smash, a game for NINTENDO'S biggest all stars, not video game- oh wait.

God, thats the second time someone said that in this day...

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Let's be honest here. Hanafuda has had no prior representation in smash. Not a stage, not a trophy, nothing... And people are asking fir a playable character straight away?

Chance: 3%
Surprise character, but it goes against what smash bros has so far set itself up as. Add that he is based on a real person and he has nothing to base a moveset on... I don't understand how people can honestly think he's half and half.

Want: 35%
I want hanafuda represented, but a trophy is the reasonable request, and there's no good character rep choice.

DLC: 7%
Nintendo have picked it up, but ultimately they treat it like a novelty, releasing Luigi U in disk for pity sake. The most likely way I see is a large expansion pack with new stages, characters, tracks and trophies... That way they can rerelease on disk if they want. This is very much a possibility, but certainly not.a probability, especially given that it's two games.

As long as the price is okay, or it comes with enough content, if it's just characters ala PSASBR then no thanks.

Zero: 0%

Pokémon AT*5
If I recall rob didn't have anything either in Meele yet he became playable the next game.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Daitoryo: Double 0%s.
If this gets higher than Krystal I will be utterly confused. People are basing this around the sole assumption of WE MUST HAVE A HISTORICAL CHARACTER.
Come on people. 33% or higher? That's saying he's around the 16th most likely newcomer.
DEELCEE: 45%
Want: 50%
Zero: 0.3%
Nom:
Yarne Owain x 5

Groose

Smash Champion

Hi there. Aside from references, much like Daitoryo and Hanafuda, I have never been in a video game. Guess I am eligable form Smash, a game for NINTENDO'S biggest all stars, not video game- oh wait.

Groose

Smash Champion

Pikmin 2 Treasure.
Well... That wasn't entirely my point. I don't have the time or the resources at hand right now, but you'll get my full argument later.
Some of the ratings are surprisingly shocking. :crazy: (Maybe a bit too shocking)
Shockingly high or shockingly low? I, personally, am rather in the middle on this one. There just isn't enough evidence in my eyes to say he's anywhere near probable, but he does have too much going for him to dismiss him entirely out of hand.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Well... That wasn't entirely my point. I don't have the time or the resources at hand right now, but you'll get my full argument later.

Shockingly high or shockingly low? I, personally, am rather in the middle on this one. There just isn't enough evidence in my eyes to say he's anywhere near probable, but he does have too much going for him to dismiss him entirely out of hand.
Better than what happened with Bandana Dee. We had people literally counter-rating, right?

Alban712

Smash Apprentice
Daitoryo
Likelihood: 5%
He's not a videogame character or anything remotely close. Very obscure and unknown for the westerns

Want: 0%
I don't even like ROB

DLC
Likelihood: 30%
Depends on fan demand

Want: 100%
I'm sure Sakurai will release a complete game and DLC will one serve as a complement, as oposed to what Capcom does

Zero
Prediction: 0.45%

Nominations:
Micaiah x5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Daitoryo:
Chances: There is an argument to be made that Smash since melee has included a WTF retro character, with Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B. And If you look in more closely, it seems that this character has been a historically figure in Nintendo history: both of these peripherals were designed by the late great Gunpei Yokoi. With that in mind, a WTF Retro who reflects Nintendo's history has a chance of being in the game.

And Daitoryo has been Nintendo's most popular deck, so he makes a lot of sense. And Nintendo has been acknowledging their Hanafuda history as of late, especially with rewards like the Club Nintendo Hanafuda set.

That's not to say Daitoryo has things going against him (it?). I dont think there is any legal implications of depicting Napolean, you can probably get around them through the right to parody. However, there is something weird about depicting the megalomaniac Napolean in a kids game. Depicting such a huge historical figure in a video game. It's not a legal question, it's just an awkward factor. Not to mention his look on the deck doesnt meet Sakurai's standard of fitting in universe.

Of course, both these issues could be addressed by the path I think they will take for the characters should it (he?) be included. A complete Smash-esque redesign, probably keeping the same color scheme ala Pit in Brawl. This redesign would also differentiate the character from Napolean, with just having an allusion to in it is his trophy (he has conquered different lands in the past). So essentially, the most important thing about Daitoryo is his name lineage which connects him to deck.

Now here is the flaw in supporters' thinking. OcarinaofDoom had a good point about Daitoryo being rated higher than Krystal. People view obscure or (one-off) characters as having no competition the way that Krystal has. That's incorrect; their competition is characters who could fulfill the same role as the character. That's why Krystal has such a low chance relatively in this game (but way too low in my estimation). As such, what would be Daitoryo's role in the game? At its core, Daitoryo would be about bringing more dictators to Smash representing Hanafuda. With that in mind, there are a variety of options that Sakurai could pursue. While the idea BluePikmin11 espouses in Mr. Hanafuda has virtually no chance in my estimation, an amalgamation character similar to Mr. Game Watch is a very reasonable option. For the sake of differentiation, let's call this character Ms. Hanafuda (because there already is a mister): Mr. Game and Watch!). Additionally, a new character could be designed that specifically wields Hanafuda cards (Let's call the character Hanna Fuda). And finally, that is a great character name Nintendouji, while not being retro, would be a wonderful addition for the game. Much like the rep distribution (which greatly lowers Krystal's chances for example), the concept distribution would go something like this:
Hanafuda based character: 12%
-Ms: Hanafuda! Amalgamation Hanafuda character: 3%
-Hanna Fuda! Original character wielding hanafuda:1.5%
-Nintendouji! Awesome character in general: 4%
- And of course, Daitoryo: 2.5%

And all of them, as individuals, should rank below Krystal. The concept of Hanafuda character is great, but we should not put all the percentage in one concept like this. And I've said this before: things with a percent chance have a (gasp) chance of happening. The point of a WTF is that they rank low. Ranking low makes them WTF! The fun of it should be knowing how little chance a character has, then predicting them, and then getting it right!

so in conclusion: Daitoryo: 2.5%

So long as Daitoryo is redesigned as I specified up there, then he seems like a great addition. I'm not a big fan of Napolean. He made history class boring in fourth grade. But I'd read a book about him nowadays. I'm a huge fan of the Hanafuda based concept, so that's where Daitoryo gets my want from.

DLC Characters:
Chances: Why did we have to get this one today. Well, in any case, the argument is simple. Nintendo has embraced DLC culture, the question is how much could they could make from DLC, and could that offset the costs to produce a big profit. Yes, they could. The big thing that hurts the chances of DLC characters is that Sakurai has rightfully pointed out he won't make DLC that is developed before the game is complete. Other companies (I'm looking at you capcom) will make DLC alongside the game (which is stupid) to the point where it has even been included on the game disc! I dont think Sakurai will work on DLC until after the game is complete, but Nintendo would let him know if they want it.

The other thing is balancing DLC characters. If DLC characters come out after the initial product is released, then balancing them is more challenging. And they might even be influenced by player feedback.

So with that, lets go with: 25%

I do think DLC development can be counter productive, so thats what the 25% less ifs for. But DLC increases the chances for some of my favorite characters, so I can't pass that up. Although my wallet might make me.

Note: I believe that DLC characters would increase the chances of characters who could have a base from an existing character. So character like Roy, Dr. Mario, Lucina, and even Pichu could have their chances increased.

Zero: 0.79%
Nominations:
Concept: Hanafuda based character x 5

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Oh boy, this is indeed an interesting day

Daitoryo
Chance - 1%
That first page is one of those weird times when people get so overly excited that suddenly Daitoryo is as likely as a popular veteran.
Well, I call bull**** on that. Here's why:

- He's a picture. This is the same problem Diskun has for me, and that's the fact these things are essentially logos at most. There's no gameplay from any of them. R.O.B., even as a toy and "not in a videogame", had his characteristics like managing Gyros and relying on sensors on his eyes. Things that gave it a moveset and uniqueness. G&W had several games to draw from as well.

"oh, but daitoryo could summon things from the cards and--"

But WAIT! In Hanafuda, it's the players that use the cards and the cards themselves that carry the gameplay. Daitoryo has abso-fricking-lutely nothing to do with this, and trying to ask for him to suddenly do so is like trying to make the Russian palaces from the Tetris title start shooting blocks at people.

"He appeared in Pikmin 2"

No. Hanafuda appeared in Pikmin 2, with the Daitoryo image used because it's associated with the packaging of the decks. The reference there is for a hanafuda deck, not a reference of "hey guys, look! It's daitoryo~! *WINK*" Not even close to being a good comparison to R.O.B. in Mario Kart DS.

"He's important to Nintendo's history"

Once again, no he's not. HANAFUDA is important to Nintendo's history, and the game is still in play. That's why they haven't let it go, and it's also why they've released hanafuda sets in recent years. But notice that hanafuda sets are not known because of Daitoryo. In fact, you guys shot yourself in the foot by highlighting how recently the sets are more likely to include Mario as opposed to Daitoryo. The implication here is that Daitoryo isn't the character that sells the cards, it's the cards that sell the cards, and when they look to expand sales, they have to resort to actual characters like Mickey and Mario to draw interest. The image has no weight as a character. At all.

I really understand it must have been a cool thing to be that one person who went "hey, Game and Watch will get a playable character in Melee!" Or to have been the person rooting for R.O.B. for Brawl. But that doesn't mean we need to dig way back into history looking for characters and then upon finding something obscure like Daitoryo start assuming that he's SO in. Because he's not. Even if the trend of historical characters continue, it's still a bit silly that people are getting to overly ready to imagine these characters in already by virtue that they're old. That's really not enough guys. I can't imagine there being that many people outside of here who would want to play as Daitoryo, or would find it an interesting addition, or would see it as a Nintendo all-star. He lacks the visual character of Game and Watch, the quirkiness in movement and even cuteness of R.O.B. or the presence of pretty much any other character in the game.
Go to the smash bros. site and look at the characters there, all of them. Do you seriously see that Napoleon dude fitting in with the style? I don't.
And yes, I also believe Sakurai's criteria of the character not being from a video game killing his chances. And don't start up that argument of R.O.B. not being a video game character either because that's just not true.

Now, to be clear, I DO see hanafuda as fitting in with the style of Smash. And in that sense I fully support Hanafuda presence, likely as an item or AT or even a stage somehow. Just like with something like Tetris. And it is rather absurd that in such a Nintendo game we have nothing Hanafuda.

Want - 20%
I would like to see Hanafuda represent Hanafuda, not some random Napoleon dude. But if that's what we got, I'd at least be somewhat ok with it because it'd mean Hanafuda presence.

DLC
Chance - 25%
I seriously don't know what to expect. Sakurai likes completing his games as best as possible and with as much content for fans as he can. I don't see him believing in DLC outside of patches because, imo, his perspective will be "the games are complete."
That said, if a character could be included to improve any balance issues, or if they went with things like stages DLC (Can you imagine retro stage packs?), then I am more inclined to think it's likely.

Want - 75%
I have paranoia about DLC in the sense that other companies have done an awful job at it, and in the sense too that in a fighting game that's sooo deeply worked on and balanced by ONE PERSON, I can't imagine that person suddenly throwing extra characters in the game and ruining that balance.
and then if the balance remains the implication is that the character was planned in the first place and just held back, and I don't like that. Don't think Sakurai does either.
HOWEVER, if it did happen, I do have complete faith in Nintendo and Sakurai to pull it off, because Smash is really one of their most important titles. They can't half-ass anything about this game.

The only reason the want isn't higher is that DLC would mean that Sakurai would be doing work on Smash even after release, and personally, I want him to get a nice, long break and to then start working on a different project, because his games are gold. Kirby Air Ride 2? Kid Icarus on Wii U? Something completely new? Dear god, I love Smash but once that's done I want this guy moving on and making more games. (Or taking a well-deserved break.)

Prediction
Zero - 0.7%
I don't understand why we haven't outperformed Cole yet. I seriously thought Bleck would do it.

Nominations
x5 Magnus. Can't wait to get this guy voted on so I can start on stages.

Last edited:

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Daitoryo chances: 50%.
Want: 0%.

DLC characters: 5%.
Want: 50%.

Zero prediction: 1%.

Bayoneta X5

Groose

Smash Champion
Daitoryo is dumb.
Then actually rate him. Give him an objective chance score and a 0% in want. If you want to come in here and just bash on the character in a way that will stir up a bunch of trouble without even offering anything insightful, well, then:

See where I'm pointing? The door's right there.

Please note: I don't want to throw you out, but posts like that will just make life here very unenjoyable. Please, just actually contribute something less provocative.

Groose

Smash Champion
Groose is dumb.
This post won't cause a flamewar, so I'm fine with it. But your last post is just... Bait. Go ahead and give him a zero in want and blast the character there; his supporters will at least understand that it's part of the game and keep things civil. I'm disappointed in you.

Please don't make this the thread's first real flamewar. I've never had to handle one here before, but I've had plenty of experience on other websites.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

Mario Kart DS exists and says Hi.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Groose took some good charge when something went amok, . . . good job Groose, you just proved to everyone why your an awesome host:awesome:
well anyway time for my rating
Daitoryo - 12.77%
honestly I'm just throwing a random number out there, he doesn't seem likely, but yet he's a famous Nintendo history, but yet he lack obvious move set, but that doesn't mean he can have one, he's not the most obvious guy, but that mean crap, he isn't made for a video game, but since he appeared in several he's perfectly eligible, I just don't know where to put him at
want - 85%
I am a big fan of card games, so he interests me, plus if he got him he'll most likely use a card base moveset, and that will be awesome, that is a good reason for me to actually want him:awesome:
DLC - 20%
I see it as a possibility, but knowing sakurai, he'll most likely finish and put everything in the game first instead of relaying on DLC to milk money
want - 60%
just for a hint, pichu would most likely be dlc, that's enough for me to want it a bit, though there is also the chance it could cost money, and I got other things I need to buy
zero - 0.22%
absolutely no chance
nominations:
ikeX5

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Daitoryo's chances: 3%
Want: 10% - I can get behind having some sort of Hanafuda content, but I'm not a big fan of this idea.

DLC: 20%
Want: 50% - Unfortunately I don't have wifi so if any DLC came out I currently would not be able to get any of it. If I could possibly get it then my want would be much higher.

Zero prediction: 0.26%

Muddy x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've never had to handle one here before, but I've had plenty of experience on other websites.
I wasn't expecting to hear that. :p

But the way Groose handled the situation is what makes him everyone's favourite host.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Except R.O.B. was purpose-built for use with video games and is perhaps one of the most iconic characters associated with the NES, particularly with its role in reviving video games in North America after the crash of the early 80s. Even if he wasn't technically in either Gyromite game he is unquestionably a video game character, and an incredibly important one at that.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Goodness.

Daitoryo would have a decent chance for a historical character, but he isn't without competition from other Hanafuda characters, Sheriff, Diskun, and others. There's also the chance we could just get a retro character and not necessarily a historical character. I also think the fact that he is based off of Napoleon Bonaparte detracts from him.

Which is why I'm giving him a 0.10%

DLC Characters - 42%

predict: 0.5%

Black Mage x5
(supports waiting for the next Nintendo Direct to vote for Bayonetta)

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Daitoryo

Chances 100%: Would be the most wtf character ever put and would make people laugh and rage more then wii fit trainer, game and watch, rob, pit, ness, snake, sonic, villager and Pokemon trainer combined!

Want 100%: would be the best character in the game. Someone who fights like gambit and Yuna from final fantasy? Yes please!

Downloadable Characters/Stages/Ect.

Chances 100%: He has to be in the game. He's important to Nintendo.

Want 100%: he'll ya! He's better then Mario and Zelda series combined!

Zero Prediction 0%: No more trash in smash please.

Predict Tony(Earthbound) x 5
Do you even understand how any of this works?

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
@ Groose: You like reading my posts? Thanks! That means alot coming from you.:sadeyes:
I suppose I could use more gifs.

DAITORYO

Chance: 0.5% - So wait, an ancient French politician dude death dancing with a super armed robot, a super armed bounty hunter, THREE magical princesses and many of gamings finest? Sure why not?

Want: 0% - Because no.

DLC

Chance: 50% - I'm actually not sure.

Want: 50% - Indifferent.

Zero Prediction: .7% - WHAT ARE WE RATING FOOORRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!????????

Daitoryo has abso-fricking-lutely nothing to do with this, and trying to ask for him to suddenly do so is like trying to make the Russian palaces from the Tetris title start shooting blocks at people.
IDEA !

Nominations:
Russian Palace stage from Tetris x5

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Daitoyrtroiyotugidjfgvdfn--- HANAFUDA GUY! There!
Chance: 1.9% - I really think this one may be a tiny little bit too obscure to qualify for Smash.
Want: 5% - Can't quite hate completely, but I'm not appealed by the idea.

DLC
Chance: 50% - Time constrains are a *****, but thanks to this option, Sakurai could have a chance of adding cut content
Want: 75% - I like the idea very much, yeah.

Zero my Hero
Prediction: 0.4% - Oh boy! Tomorrow's gonna suck! :D

NOMINATIONS
Okami Amaterasu x5 - Why the hell not.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Do you even understand how any of this works?
Funny how the only thing that wasn't a 100 was Zero, who was... a Zero...

EDIT: I mean, okay, I can understand Zero having no chance in hell (I mostly did it to see how he goes on the want department), but who the **** actually expects Mr. Hanafuda Daitoryu to be a lock?

Last edited:

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Daitoryou: 0.1%
Whose idea was it to nominate this guy again?

Want: 40%
Summer Wars was a good movie, but I'd prefer King Kazma to get in over Hanafuda guy.

DLC: 17.5%
Possible, but Nintendo's not nearly as big on the phenomenon as other developers.

Want: ?%
It definitely depends on the nature of the DLC itself and how hard it would've been to add the content to the base game.

Zero prediction: 0.300%

Nominate:
Kunio-Kun x5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Dary.... Daity.... ah well whatever don't know how to spell his name: 6%
Want: 3% this is not the character you are looking for.

DLC characters: 25%

Zero: 0.43
Zero prediction: 0.300%
um you do realize that's the same as 0.3, right?

Noms:
Grovyle x2
Stork x2
Indie game rep x1

Groose

Smash Champion
So ... is there a Ms. Groose?
All the chicks dig Groose, but I don't have time for them. This epic pompadour doesn't tend to itself, you know? And if Zelda likes that loser Link, then that's fine by me. Really. But in all seriousness, no, there isn't one.

I wasn't expecting to hear that. :p
I spent years playing an MMORPG called Runescape. I had a few-thousand post count on their forums, and ran a bunch of threads. Before I befriended some of the moderators, I had to deal with the rampant whining that was so rife on those forums by my own. Trust me, that place is at least as acidic as GameFAQs. You've never seen people hate the game they're playing to such an extent before.

I call BS. Renom please.
Go for it. By the time you get him to the top of the list, others will be more receptive to the idea of rating him again. Sorry you missed it, but I'm afraid I don't have the time to track down people to join in.

Beat ya to it buddy.
Oi! I think I beat YOU to it, buddy! :troll:
Thanks! When we were rating him, I just had to speak in third person like Count Bleck does! Yeah, that Game Over in the beginning was one of the most hilarious moments in the game. I didn't really bother doing it myself when I start a new playthrough as I am a bit impatient.

EDIT: @ Groose Groose
I have an idea for a concept!
Wario Land Wario
This concept is not about rating his alternate costume. This is an overhaul rating where there could be a possibility of Wario getting more Wario Land moves. This includes doing a Ground Pound, shaking people as his pummel, or using the Shoulder Bash as his side special.
Wario Land Wario sounds goo. I've added it to the list, per request. I''ve only ever played Super Paper Mario once, and that Game Over really got to me. I was so surprised that it actually happened.

I have no idea how choosing characters for days goes, but I am just going to say that Gooey + Rick as a team or the subject Gooey in any form should have a day.
I would suggest reading the rules, but I can see from your later post that you know what you're doing. Welcome to the game, o master of obscure characters. I'll be adding those nominations for you.
This is already becoming my favorite days so far.
Out of curiosity, what IS your favorite day? Kawashima? Nintendog? Hades?

Little Mac (hopefully that 88% chance gets knocked down soon, because I don't think most realize how high that number is).
I agree. It's ridiculously high; even though I do see him as the most likely newcomer, I have him at 75%. I would never give a character higher than that. I did before Day 50, but around then I changed the way I rate things a bit.

I see we are back to day Thread Titles again?
Yup. I had a chat with an admin/developer, and he fixed them. Apparently, they've just been a bit overwhelmed with whole site upgrade, and are trying to restore most of the old features. So, yeah, update was a win in my book.

Daitoryo Chance: 3.33% chance
Well, this is one percentage that's dwindled throughout the day. Let me provide a set of counterarguments against him:
1) He's not really an actual character, whereas R.O.B. and Game and Watch are. Yes, I know R.O.B. doesn't actually appear in the game, and G&W is an amalgamation. Even so, they had a lot more before they came to the fight before an icon on a box in terms of characterization.
2) We may not get a historical character. We already know that we'll see fewer newcomers this time due to the carrying capacity of the roster; I find it possible if not probable that they won't add a historical character so they can instead focus on more wanted or more recognized characters.
3) Did they ever even add "historical" characters? I personally could argue against this. The only two "historical" characters we've gotten are G&W and R.O.B.; I feel that there's actually a fine line between historical and Retro.
4) He doesn't blend in very well. I mean... he looks like Napoleon, and that isn't exactly in the cartoony feel of this game, is it?
5) I've never seen him mention with regards to Smash anywhere in Japan. Granted, I haven't seen enough to say for certain, but I don't think they've even thought of him over there, and that's the fanbase who actually knows who he is!

Now, at the beginning of the day those were my counterpoints, and I was going to leave it off there and give him a 10% chance. Now, however, I have to drop it because..
6) He's not the only possible Hanafuda character. Jaytalks made me think about this, Who is to say they don't design their own Hanafuda character, or make some sort of amalgamation like with G&W? This means that he technically has competition in his own series, even if he is the frontrunner.
7) Hanafuda may be better suited to an item. I've come over more to this way of thinking across the day. Not everything has to have a character, and I think that may be the view of the development team. It may be easier to represent it in another way.
8) Diskun. I knew about this guy before this day, of course, but I didn't know ALL there was about him. I've dug a bit deeper, and I see that he's a bit more competitive of a "historical" character than I'd been led to believe. He has animations and all that could be used as a base for designing his Smash character. He may not be as big a part of Nintendo as Hanafuda, but he'd be a bit easier o make into a character if they wanted something else to represent a part of their history.

This draws down his chance to 3.33% for me. Even so, I can't dismiss him out of hand; it's a concept that could potentially come to light. To give him a score as low as a completely irrelevant character like Cole or Bleck is just absurd. He has a chance, even if logic dictates that it is small.

I do think this is a case of people expecting to be surprised. If this character is in the game, then he's supposed to come as a surprise. He does have a chance, but all logic that I possess dictates that it's small. I would give the concept "Hanafuda Character" a bit more, about 5%.

Daitoryo Want: 10%
He could be interesting, and having a Napoleon look-alike would be awesome in a way. Even so, I'd actually like to see requested characters get in. There are probably fewer than 100 people supporting Daitoryo, whereas there are thousands upon thousands supporting other characters. I'd only be able to feel happy for a select few people if he got in.

DLC Characters: 33.33%
One one hand, Sakurai seems to be resisting this concept. On the other, the game will likely be rushed to completion, leaving leftovers behind. Nintendo has typicall hated DLC, but they're changing. The question is: have they changed enough? I don't think enough to convince Sakurai. Let me put it this way: the episodic nature of Kid Icarus would have made it a good game for DLC, but it didn't get it.

DLC Want: 75%
On one hand, I feel like all DLC is a rip off. Just delay the game a month or two to get everything on the disc, then you don't need it! My wallet also hates this idea, as I'd have to own every Smash character. Of course, I would like to see as many characters as possible, and this is one way of doing it.. and it could prolong the game's longevity... so...

Dr. Mario Stage x5

Zero Prediction: .65%
He won't beat Knuckles or Tails.

DAY OVER

GROOSE IS LOOSE

Groose

Smash Champion
Daitoryo (Hanafuda)
11.99% chance
36.80% want

Not too shabby! Daitoryo's near 12% chance score puts him just ahead of Ghirahim, Meowth, and Medusa, three characters with solid fan-followings. Daitoryo's want, while not too out of the ordinary, was also solid.

DLC Characters
31.14% chance
71.84% want

You know what's even better than having a bunch of characters on the disc? Having a bunch of characters on the disc and getting more! At least, that's what people seemed to think. Still, you don't think it's the most likely thing in the world.

Today we're rating Zero. This is our first time really rating a Mega Man character here, so let's go for it! Please rate Zero in chance and want today. In addition, we will also be reratinf Robin of Fire Emblem. Does Robin have what it takes to pass the now-cirppled Chrom on the chance charts? Please rate Robin in chance and want... and try to be objective in those chance scores, OK?

Tomorrow everyone's favorite mole is on the cards. No, I'm not talking about Mr. Resetti (who we still haven't rated yet!). Muddy Mole is coming to Rate Their Chances. Please predict how Muddy Mole will fare in tomorrow's game. BluePikmin wins the extra noms today... he was actually the only one within more than a 2% radius.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Zero

Chances: 18%: I'm likely one of the few to go this high for Zero getting into any Smash game. My reasoning for this is that he's another Capcom character. One still with a strong connection with Nintendo. Much like Mega Man himself happens to have. This would likely make negotiations easier to work with and would be easier to fit in with the rest of the cast. Zero also has alot to offer as a fighter, again like Mega Man.

Want: 95%: I will say that I do really like Zero. But I would rather have MegaMan X or Bass as a second Mega Man character. I'm more a fan of those characters. Still Zero has enough to pull from as a character. And he's probably the 2nd most popular Mega Man character next to Mega Man himself. So many people would likely be happy with his inclusion.

Robin

Chances: 60%: Robin is a somewhat popular character. And he's got some good moves to offer. But the main issue that goes against Robin, is the amount of other Fire Emblem character to choose from. With Roy and Chrom being the most wanted among fans of FE and Smash alike.

Want: 70%: Robin seems like a cooler idea than Roy or Chrom. Mostly using magic and swordplay together. Robin could also have customization mechanic added to him. Even if it's just a gender swap that the Wii Trainer has.

Muddy Mole: 22%: A somewhat popular retro character. And he seems cool enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom