• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
At this point in time, Sandbag is defeating Owain in terms of chance.

Fortunately for Owain, over many hours remain.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Sandbag

Likelihood: 0.1%

Want: 100%
yes please!

Ike
Prediction: 50%

Nominations:
Dillon x5

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Sandbag

Chances: 0% (as a playable fighter) 100%(As Home Run Contest/Item)
There is literally no chance Sandbag would be playable. Pretty sure the thing isn't even alive. It does have a face, though. I will give it that.

Want: 0%
This is just stupid. It's bag of sand. You people aren't even trying. I nominate Homerun Bat as a playable character. Idiots.
You don't even have a valid argument here. Using Ad Hominem just makes you look worse. Learn your place.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Assuming this is in reference to what I was saying earlier, I'd like to clarify that I meant the internet in general has perhaps exaggerated Nintendo's perspective of how the public views Tingle. Again, I know anecdotal evidence doesn't count for much but only a few of my real-life friends who are fans of Zelda take a dislike to Tingle the way people online do. You know how the saying goes: "those who hate him shout the loudest", or something to that effect.
EXACTLY what I was meaning.

Sandbag..oh god why
0% both man. Who even voted for him wtf?

dillon x5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
sandbag chances 1%: on principle, I can't go any lower than1% for a nintendo owned character.
want:2% Not really my type of character. I prefer character with arms
Ike prediction 62.45%
Nominations: Waluigi x5.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Sandbag

Likelihood: 1%

No matter what the character, there is always a chance. Still, I find it very unlikely

I really don't think there should be time put into making this guy a fighter. :/

Ike prediction: 73%

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Sandbag...

Popularity: Ummmmm...

Relevancy: Well, ummmm... he's been an item in a couple Smash Bros games.

Design: Not very good for making a move set.

Sandbag chances: 0.3%
Yeah, don't see it happening. He's a bag who literally has done nothing.

Sandbag want: 10%
Most characters would be better.

Ike prediction: 80%

Noms: Simon Belmont x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Having an original playable character to begin with already contradicts what Smash Bros. is already about - all-star character who are relevant to Nintendo coming together to battle. So there's probably less than a 1% of that. IF there were an original playable character, there would be Master Hand. and Tabuu. and several other choices or new characters whose sole existence (as stated by Sandbag's trophy) isn't to get beat up. and this is probably the only time in the course of this game I would ever cite no moveset potential as a preventing factor (not that Sandbag needs any factors mentioned), but Sandbag is a bag of sand. No arms, no legs, no distinct head, no way of mobility whatsoever. What would it do? Roll? Leak sand that slows you down?

A firm 0.000000001% for Sandbag.

predict Ike: 78.35%

Saki Amamiya x5

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Sandbag: 0% I really don't need to justify this.

Want: 15% I admit that I like the idea of a smash rep and strangely enough he seems like the best candidate, but he's just... well he's sand bag. I'd be more glad to see him then Pac-man, Tingle, or Miis though.

Ike Prediction: 70% He's in a similiar boat to Lucario. He is a vet but people think he might get cut. That said think people tend to think of Lucario as being more likely of being cut. So I'll give him 5% more. That said the fact that he probably won't even score as well as Ridley is hilarious. Veterans before Veterinarians er... or something like that.

I'm always happy when I when but I can never think of anything interesting to do with the resulting noms. Eh may as well get Geno out of the way.
Nominations:
Geno x10

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Sandbag
Likelihood: 0% There's just no way.
Want: 0% Do I even need to explain why? If they were going to add a character from the Smash universe, it should at least be Master Hand. However, I'd rather see Sandbag than PacMan, and that's saying something...

Ike: 85%

Nominations:
Masked Man x5

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sandbag

Likelihood - 0%
I'd give the Sandbag some chance as a troll character if it had arms, considering a lack of arms is why Sakurai turned down a request for playable Mr. Saturn way back in the day.

Want - 0%
wat

Ike Prediction - 86.5%
Decent chances all around, with a few individuals forecasting him being cut in lieu of Chrom.

Nominate
Ganondorf x5

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sand bah

Chance 0%
Who the #%{]* nominated the sandbag HE'S AN ITEM YOU STUPID NOMINATORS

Want 0%
Why honestly why I don't care about who why why would you want a sandbag which is not alive and a homerun contest dummy you NOMINATORS need some help unless it was just a joke of coarse

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Sand Bag

Likelihood: 67.7% Let's be real people. He's taken the beatings for far too long.

Want: 100% Who doesn't?

Ike prediction: 40%

Nomination: Ninten X5

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sandbag: 0%

Want: 10%

Inner troll likes him.

Ike Prediction: 67%

He's got a pretty good shot. Most everyone agrees.

Nominations:
Pokemon Trainer x3
R.O.B.
Lucas

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Sand bah

Chance 0%
Who the #%{]* nominated the sandbag HE'S AN ITEM YOU STUPID NOMINATORS

Want 0%
Why honestly why I don't care about who why why would you want a sandbag which is not alive and a homerun contest dummy you NOMINATORS need some help unless it was just a joke of coarse
Lol, who taught you how to not use punctuations? Go back to the 6th grade.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Sandbag: 0%
Want: 1% A small part of me wants to see the masses squeal when the see his reveal. Other than that though he's would be stupid.

Ike: 62.5%

3x Vaati
2x Impa

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
there is actually an interesting story of how the Sandbag came to be. you see, there was once a man who wanted to be in super smash brothers so badly that he signed a pact with Sakurai. The pact stated that man would be in the game if in return he gave Sakurai his soul. Now the man did not know that Sakurai had learned how to soul trap and enchant from the Dovahkiin, and that his Level in Conjuration and Enchanting is 100. Sakurai had created a vessel in the form of the Sandbag to enchant the man's soul in to as opposed to a soul gem. Sakurai then used his Level 100 sneak to stab and kill the man behind his back, thus soul trapping him.
Who was this poor man who got screwed over in the deal you ask? why it was none other than Reggie Fils-Aime!!! that right! Reggie's soul is bound to the body of the Sandbag and is doomed to feel the pain of every baseball bat that hits him for every smash game to come!
Sakurai with his level 100 Conjuration cast the spell Dead Thrall to permanently command Reggie's soulless body to do his bidding. Now that Reggie's body is the CEO of Nintendo of America, his body shall always be ready under the command of Sakurai!!!

Sandbag likelihood: 0%
Reggie's soul shall remain curse for as long as there is smash!

Sandbag want: 100%
Reggie deserves to be cut some slack.

AfricanSanta

Smash Cadet
Sandbag chances- 0%- I don't really need to explain this one, do I?

Sandbag Want- 10%- I'd kind of like it, but he'd take the place of a charecter I'd want more, so...

Ike- 78%

Nominations:
Dillon x5

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Yeah. It's my hardest subject. I keep getting :troll:s.

Either way, we should get back on topic.
And I'm assuming you're not actually in 7th grade XD
But if you actually were I would feel quite a bit more comfortable revealing the fact that I'm probably a bit younger then you guys would think I am

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
You don't even have a valid argument here. Using Ad Hominem just makes you look worse. Learn your place.
It wasn't an argument at all. Which you noticed. Then you said my argument is ad hominem. I don't get it.

CalumG

Smash Lord
i only skimmed this page briefly

are people defending sandbag or am i misreading

like am i actually seeing this right

CalumG

Smash Lord
No, only the butthurt guy who nominated him.
Haha, fair enough. xD

Now, I can see why people would say they want Sandbag - all in the name of good fun and trolling and what-not - but I guarantee every person who posted in this thread so far would be disappointed as hell if Sandbag got in and their favourite Lord/Pokemon/Ridley/Third-Party didn't. From now until the end of time itself people would use Sandbag as their scapegoat excuse for why their character got the shaft and how Sakurai doesn't know what the fans really want blah blah blah.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Sandbag prediction - 1%

If Sakurai wants a really WTF character I suppose I could see Sandbag....maybe. I don't think Sandbag would be the first in line for a smash bros rep though.

Want - 5%

I suppose he would be funny to use, but I don't really want him.

Ike prediction - 61%

Nominations:
Chibi Robo X3
Robin (Awakening) X2

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sandbag:

Likeliness: 0%
Sorry, not gonna happen.

I can think of plenty more worthwhile characters. Hell, I'd prefer a cloned Ganondorf than to Sandbag. Not my cup o'tea.

Ike: 61%

Nomz:
Nightmarex5

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hey Groose, the people that clearly joked putting down a prediction giving him a moderately high score? Outliers should not be counted....

Groose

Smash Champion
like your signiture says please don't do that

Don't worry; extreme outliers are discarded in Rate Their Chances. ;) His want percentage will stand... but the chance percentage... not so much.

Anywho, I'm here to say:

DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE

Groose

Smash Champion
Sandbag (Super Smash Bros.)
0.63% chance
20.41% want

You know a character is unpopular when they lose to Tingle in terms of want. Sandbag is a highly unpopular choice; although some would enjoy the surprise of his appearance, many would just become agitated. Losing to Tingle in want percentage is about the only difficult feat Sandbag accomplished yesterday; although he defeated Owain in terms of want, he lost to everyone in terms of chance.

Today we have a legitimate contender; he is Ike and he is a veteran. We like Ike, right? We'll see; leave your chance and want on Ike today.

Finally, our contender for tomorrow is Toon Zelda/Tetra. Please predict how people will rate Toon Zelda/Sheik tomorrow. MargnetMan23 wins 5 extra nominations today for coming extremely close to Sandbag's score.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Ike 20%: I wouldn;t mind him back, but as many before me have said, he has a lot of competition from more recent lords like Lucina and Chrom, not to mention the immense popularity of Roy.

Want 50%: I'm indifferent

Toon Zelda/Sheik: 15%

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Ike: 80%. I really don't need to repeat my opinion on veterans, do I

Want: 50%. Meh

Celda prediction: 20%.

Skull Kid X5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom