• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Bandana Dee

Likelihood - 10%
What "dark horse" character ever been added to a veteran series, just for the sake of being a "dark horse?" The qualifiers in Melee were all clones. ZSS hitchhiked in along with the Final Smash gimmick. Pokemon Trainer, Wolf and Lucas all received a decent number of requests, well above what Bandana Dee currently has. He's great Assist Trophy fodder, or perhaps cameo material in Dedede's Side Special, but he's not at all probable to be included on his own merit.

Want - 50%
I'm ambivalent. He'd provide some nice new laughs in Brawl in the Family, but I don't think his actual playstyle would be my cup of tea.

Jigglypuff Prediction - 76.5%
She'll largely be considered probable, but not within the upper echelon of likelihood due to being prioritized lowly in Brawl.

Nominate
Ganondorf x5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Bandana Dee prediction: 6%
Although he is a staple in the kirby series, he doesnt quite standout amongst characters lkke king dedede. Just not important

Want: 0%
If you change the color of toad, he's still toad. Put a bandana on waddle dee and you still have waddle dee.

Jigglypuff: 91.6%
Some negative nancies will forget shes a veteran from SSB64

Noms:
Rayman x3
Skull Kid x2

Groose

Smash Champion
Bandana Dee's Chances: 10%
I doubt we'll see a new Kirby character. But who can see into the mind of Sakurai? If he wants another Kirby rep, Dee is the clear front-runner.

Bandana Dee Want: 5%
I don't know why, but he's one of my most disliked possible newcomers. I think Kirby's current representation is perfect and we don't need a really generic dude in their, too.

Jigglypuff: 95.64%
There will be doubters. But there will be a Fairy large number of believers.

Nominate Tingle x5.

Groose

Smash Champion
Waddle Dee will waddle home in disappointment after yesterday’s showing; he only managed to score a 15.09% overall chance (17.70% Smashboards, 7.64% Gamefaqs). Additionally, he wasn’t very popular, only managing to score 31.29% overall want (38.00% Smashboards, 9.50% Gamefaqs). Fortunately for Dee, most did consider him the no-brainer if Kirby were to get a rep and a handful were receptive of a spear-oriented moveset. Perhaps next time he’ll win it big.

Today a member of the Smash 64 crowd steals the spotlight; she is Jigglypuff, and she want in on a fourth Smash. Please leave your chance and want rates on Jigglypuff. Oh, and please check out the music section on the homepage for Jigglypuff. I'm rather proud of my selections today.

Finally, the character for tomorrow will be Lyn. Please predict how people will rate Lyn in tomorrow’s game. Doing so can earn you extra nominations, like those won by PK Wonder and SunfallSeraph. Have fun with an extra 5, guys!

Gamefaqs.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Jiggly prediction: 100%. Really, now :/

Want: 60%. Eehhh...

Lyn prediction: 15%.

Skull Kid X5

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff

Likelihood: 99% - One of the original 12, and I don't think he's getting cut

Want: 70% - I don't want cuts, but I honestly never play Jigglypuff and never got why she was in in the first place

Lyn Prediction: 51%

Nominations: Zoroark x5

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Jigglypuff: 89%
I dunno, just seems very unlikely to me that she'll be cut.

Want: 1%
No.

Lyn: 59%

Noms:
Omastar x1
Gaius x 3
Yarne x1 that epic moment when you realize Yarne has more nominations than Anna.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
97% OK in retrospect I rated Lucario a little low. So IF there are cuts guys like Lucario would be a bit quicker to go over Jigglypuff and I guess that's still a big if. Even if jigglypuff is one of the last characters to get programmed she'll still be programmed XD
Want: 100% Don't f*ck with the puff!

Lyn prediction: 31% can someone explain why she's likely, I can get that she's a unique and cool character but is there any other good reason? Anyone?

Nomz:
Omastar x3
Yarne x1
Mr. Game and Watch x1

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
100%
come on she made all 3 games makes it obvious to make 4

want 100%
this is rude but I always love fighting her in classic and vs

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Jigglypuff time!

Likelihood: 100%

She's not going anywhere.

Want: 100%

Prediction for Lyn: 29%
Gamefaqs will over-inflate her odds.

Nominating Chrom x5

AfricanSanta

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff Chances- 95%- One of the original 12, she'll most likely stay.

Jigglypuff Want- 20%- I've never liked Jigglypuff. Plus, why was she in the game in the first place?

Lyn Prediction- 37%- People will vote for her just cause she's a chick.

Nominations-
Dillon x5

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I like how pretty much everyone as far as want is either 0% or 100% fact of the day: Jigglypuff is pretty much THE character that you either love or hate apparently.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Jigglypuff Chance: 90% Unless Pokecuts happen, I see Jigglypuff safe.
Jigglypuff Want: 75% Was never interested in mastering the character's abilities.
Lyn Prediction: 46.54% I really doubt her.

Nominations:
Anna x4
Tom Nook x1

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Jigglypuff
Chance: 65% Not too likely as she's more than overstayed her welcome but she might come back if Sakurai gets bored one day :p
Want: 0% No! Go Away Jigglypuff! She's not even a Nintendo All-Star anyways

Lyn Prediction: 60% I dunno, FE fans want everyone in

Nominations: x5 Starfy

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Jigglypuff: want and chance are at 100%. Never cut the original 12, it's as simple as that.

Lyn: 10%. Probably a little too late for her and I can't see her getting above the flavor of the month Chrom, or Ike for that matter. But...I'd like to give her a chance.

Nomnations: 1x Starfy.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff

Chance - 97% - Like I said before, of the Original 12, she feels a bit less important and more likely to be cut. Still, Original 12 is the Original 12, and there are several things going for her inclusion like the new fairy type. She's quite likely to stay, and I would still be badly shocked if she was cut.

Want - 95% - She may have overstayed her welcome a bit, but no cuts means no cuts. Someone out there is going to be hurt if she doesn't make it in.

Lyn Prediction - 40% - FAQS going for what's recent + Smashbords fighting for others = low chances.

Nominations
Pokémon Trainer X4
ROB X1

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Jiggz

Likeliness: 100%
She isn't going anywhere unless Sakurai does a huge overhaul of the roster.

Want: 90%
Per-Brawl, I'd like to see her gone but, now, I would like to see her stay. No cuts, please.

Lyn
43%

Nomie-noms:

Nightmare x5

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff 97%: i think that if she were to be cut, brawl would have been the time to do it

want 95%: i dont want a single character with a unique moveset to go except pokemon trainer because of the development time.

Lyn: 20%

Nominations:
Bomberman x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Jiggs: 99.99% come on now... she has been in the last 3 games, is very popular in japan, and got an all new flipping type
want: 100%

Lyn prediction: 32%

x5 Zoroark

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Jigglypuff
Likelihood: 90% She's part of the original 12. I don't really see her going anywhere.
Want: 0% Seems a bit harsh, but I'm going to be honest. I've never really liked Jigglypuff being in Smash. My friends and I used to always make fun of the character for being there in the first place, but she just doesn't fit any more. She just seems worn out and lame now. She's my "loneliness character" according to Brawl, and half the time I forget she's there. Sorry, but no...:ohwell:

Lyn: 30%

Nominations:
Masked Man x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Jigglypuff

Popularity: She seems a bit more polarizing than other vets, but she's still decently popular in her own series and a significant number of Smash fans would be disappointed to see her go.

Relevancy: Original 12, she's appeared in all Smash games so far. Her relevancy was originally just based on the anime IMO. But she's got a new Poke-type now, so she has a little boost from that.

Design: We know what it is. If they decide they want to do something with her moves, the new Fairy-type gives them options for a new special attack or at least a new Final Smash. (Something needs to be done with Sing and Sleep, at least, even if they don't remove them)

Roster & Competition: Well, like Lucario and Pokemon Trainer, she has some danger of being cut in favor of new Pokemans. I don't think she's as likely as Lucario to be cut because she's not a flavor-of-the-week legendary, which is the type of Pokemon most likely to be added. And only if they add two of those (most likely Mewtwo and Zoroark) do I see her being in any danger. That would also make there be a lot of humanoid Pokemon.

Other: She was one of the last characters added to Brawl, but I think we're less likely to see time-related cuts this time than with Brawl. And Sakurai is not planning on cutting anyone yet. She's also probably a bit easier to add than many other characters that have more complex models and such.

Jigglypuff chances: 97%
In the end, Original 12 outweighs the other stuff.

Jigglypuff want: 90%
I like her.

Lyn prediction: 13%
I don't see her doing as well as Lucina, but not as poorly as Owain either.

Nominations:
Toad x5

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Jigglypuff - 95%
Want - 100%

Beat out Mewtwo twice for getting into a Smash game. Nuff said.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Chances-98% I don't see her going anywhere, she may be lower priority again but even then I think she has a better chance of getting in.

Want-75% I'm mostly ambivalent towards her but she's still a part of the original team I grew up with so I'd prefer she stays.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Additionally, he wasn’t very popular, only managing to score 31.29% overall want (38.00% Smashboards, 9.50% Gamefaqs).
You people have no taste.

Jigglypuff:
Likelihood: 85%
I see no evidence that she's going anywhere. Sakurai has said he's going to try and bring everyone from Brawl back, and there aren't really any technical issues I could think of for her like there would be for the ICs or something. Still, if there were cuts for other reasons, she would probably be one of the first to go.

Want: 90%
I want to see everyone come back, plus I really find Jigglypuff fun to use.

Nominations:
Mach rider x5

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Jigglypuff: 100%
I don't really see her going anywhere.

No cuts.

Lyn Prediction: 26%
She's got some popularity and a lot of fans. That should give her a boost.

Nominations:
Pokemon Trainer x3
Ike
Lucas

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Jigglypuff:

Chance: 101%
There is absolutely no way Jiggs would be cut. Jiggs has been in every game and even has recent relevance with that whole fairy type thing. Plus Jiggs has one of the most diverse/unique Special Move sets.

There is nothing about Jiggs I don't like. Just give some of her moves some more oomph and change her Final Smash (Probably to something Fairy related, but I'd rather a Sing & Marker type deal, but alas. that is unlikely).

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Groose, you've forgotten to update the last several days on the rankings list. :) (Takamaru, Lucario, Ice Climbers, Bandana Dee, and tomorrow, Jigglypuff)

I give Jigglypuff a 99.6% No reason to cut one of the originals. I really hope he/she gets an upgraded moveset with the new Fairy type being part of who it is.

Want: 95% I don't really want any veterans leaving after this long, but I would be less brokenhearted about Jiggly than most.

Saki Amamiya x5

Prediction of Lyn? 13%

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Likelihood: 99.5% - O12 is all she really needs to ensure her spot. The fact that she's gotten fairy type to make her more relevant again is only icing on the cake.

Want: 100% - Jiggs has always been fun to play as, even in Brawl where she's terrible, so I'd be heartbroken if she left.

Lyn Prediction: 40% - Oh boy time for my least favorite character suggestion period. I can't wait to see all of her dumb**** fanboys foam at the mouth at the chance to give her 100%'s all around because she's their kawaii uguu waifu who is the best because "girl fe lord guys shes gotta be in shed be so unique and great omg i totally dont love her just because ****". She's going to get massively boosted by said rabid idiots who actually think she has a chance over actual plausible reps like Roy, Ike and Chrom.

Well hey, if nothing else, we'll finally get her out of the way, because I'm sick and tired of hearing about her 24/7 and seeing her on supposed "prediction rosters". She's the one character whose fanbase I would love to see dismantle completely because of how hypocritical and inane it is. Ugh. Hopefully this time her shambling support group will finally break apart when she's not playable again, because it unfortunately didn't happen after Brawl.

Nominations:
Samurai Goroh x3
Medusa x2

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Likelihood: 90%

Original 12. Why get rid of history. Though, I took away 10 % just because she apparently almost didn't get in brawl. I really don't know how Sakurai feels about the original 12 also.

Jigglypuff has always been one of my more favorable pokemon of gen 1. Even in Smash, I liked seeing her. I would be incredibly sad to see such an adorable character leave.

Prediction of lyn: 20%

You got your fanboys, and you got your haters, and then you got people like me who are pretty much neutral on it. Even, with the fanboys, I don't think theres enough to make to strong of a statement.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Jiggs: 95% Veteran for 3 games.

Nominations:
2x Toad
3x Vaati

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Jiggs: 85%
Low priority character to complete, but her simplistic design will put her in the game.

Such a staple at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom