• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Hey, if Owain can get enough to be up for vote before Ice Climbers then Omastar can get one nomination :p

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers

Likelihood: 99% - I'm not gonna put 100% because they have not really been confirmed, but I would be very surprised if they were cut due to the 3DS limitations

Want: 100% - I enjoy playing as them, and I would really hate to see cuts.

Waddle Dee Prediction: 34,5% - Most people probably think that there are enough Kirby characters.

Nominations:
Zoroark x5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ice Climbers:

Likelihood: 90% - There's been a mention of them being troublesome to implement, but I have faith in Sakurai and his team that they can work around it. But just in case they can't, I won't give 100%

Want: 60% - Another character I've never quite enjoyed playing, and I never really felt like they were Nintendo All-Stars, but heck, now that they've been here it'd be stupid to cut them.

Waddle Dee Prediction: 22%

Nominations:
3x Ike
2x Jigglypuff

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Chances-99% They probably aren't going anywhere, even if Sakurai has to compromise for them I'm sure they're here to stay. Having said that, since they're not confirmed I have to knock down a percent since there's never a certainty with these things.

Want-100% A fun addition to the roster that should remain for years to come.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Chance: 100% They won't go anywhere - not now. They may have to be nerfed in some way due to the 3DS, but they will likely find away around that problem.

Want: 100% Naturally I've never played they're game. but they're fun to use and one of the most unique characters in the game.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Ice Climber Chances: 99% They are coming back. 1% is probably way too much of a chance of them not returning, but I don't know, maybe the crazy mind of Sakurai is being distracted by Bill Cosby and his Jello or something.

Want: 90%. My want mostly stems from the fact that they deserve to come back. They have a unique and interesting design. That said, I don't particularly enjoy them much, thus why my want isn't higher.

Waddle Dee: 10% He doesn't stand much of a chance, but there are some optimists out there.

Noms:
Geno x5

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Ice Climber
Chances: 95% Just because of what Sakurai said.
Want:100% I feel they belong to Smash. And they're fun to play as. But I would like a solo Popo too.
Waddle Dee: 60% If Kirby gets another rep, it's gonna be him. But I don't think Kirby will get a new rep this time.

Noms:
Pokémon Trainer Red x5. :gova:

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Ice climbers prediction 95%: I dont think the 3ds limitations will be enough to ruin one of the most unique characters.

Want: 100% It would feel really dumb if there not there. They are very unique, and have already been in 2 games

waddle dee: 10% I hear there adding goombas, octorocks, and ratatta's too!

Nominations:
x5 bomberman

AfricanSanta

Smash Cadet
Ice Climbers Prediction- 98%- The only reason they wouldn't get in is because Sakurai would have too much trouble trouble programming them, which I doubt he will.

Ice Climbers Want- 100%- I don't usually play as them, but they are unique and they should be in.

Waddle Dee Prediction- 24%

Nominations: Dillon x5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
IC: 95% Possible complications but if Olimar got in then i'm confident they will as well.
Want: 100% Been here since Melee.

Waddle Dee: 27%

Nominations:
x3 Toad
x2 Vaati

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Ice climbers: 99.9%
Want: 99.9% I like to play as them from time to time. keep em in.

Waddle Dee: 45%

Nominations
Kamek x5

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
So many 90-100%s...

Anyways.

Ice Climbers: 89%
Really, there's no one who could potentially replace them, they aren't a wasted spot, and they really have no reason to go aside from "Nyeh nyeh I dun like dem climbers nerf or cut and balloon fytr pls"

Want: 99%
No cuts pls.

Waddle Dee: 40%

Noms:
Gaius (Fire Emblem) x 5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Ice Climbers:
Likelihood: 100%. Even with 3DS restriction, we will still get ice climbers somehow. Even it's just one of them (although then it would be just ice climber).
Want: 100% I don't use them but I see no reason for them to be removed.
Waddle Dee: 41.49%

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Ice Climbers
Likelihood: 100% Why wouldn't they come back?
Want: 100% I only use them every now and then, but they're really cool characters.

Waddle Dee: 9% Fairly sure this ain't happening...

Nominations:
Masked Man x5

PrincessAzula

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers: 99.6%. The only reason I don't see them coming back is due to the 3DS limitations, which in all honesty, I think there won't be any limitations.

Want: 95%. I've never really played them seriously, but they are pretty cool characters with unique movesets. Plus, I will be sad if I don't get to see some HD parkas!

Waddle Dee: 2%. No.........

Nominations:
Ike x5

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ice Climbers

Likelihood - 100%
They're in, they're being worked on, they're coming back. They might not come back programmed identically to how they were before so as to work on both devices, but they'll undoubtedly be in the game. Why, oh why did people actually think they'd be cut and/or replaced pre-Brawl?!

Want - 40%
I don't want to see them go, per se, but I wouldn't be terribly cut up about it, since they're in my bottom three least-played characters, along with Pit and ZSS.

Waddle Dee - 17.5%
Due to some people calling him underrated, some calling for the completion of the 'Return to Dreamland Four,' and some just outright (understandably) liking the guy.

Nominate
Ganondorf x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers
Chance: 100%, There is absolutely no reason to cut them, even with the limitations on the 3DS.
Want: They are my second favourite Brawl character, behind Olimar. I just can't be colder_than_ice without the Ice Climbers. :(

Waddle Dee prediction: 14%

Nominations: Chrom x5

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Ice Climbers!!!!
99.99%
We already know Sakuarai is working on them as he said when talking about difficulties for the 3 DS version. How are challenges going to stop this? This character is pretty much confirmed because Sakurai specifically mentioned them.
Want:100%
They have been one of my mains in Brawl and in Melee.

Prediction for Waddle Dee: 11.46%

Nominations
Sylveon x5

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Ice Climbers Prediction: 100% I have faith that the devs will find a way to make them work.
Want: 100% If these guys don't make it in because of technical limitations, then that pretty much seals the fate of any other duos/similar mechanics. That's enough reason for me to fully support them.

Waddle Dee: 15% It has good potential for a unique moveset, but that's about all it has going. Not nearly enough star power to carry him over the competition, IMO.

Nominations: Zoroark x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Oh wow, these ratings are way more positive than I expected. Good!

Ice Climbers - 99%
Really, the only way these guys don't return is if somehow they can't make them work on the 3DS, which seems extremely unlikely after working just fine in two other games, and even then I think he would rather rework them than cut them altogether. Virtually a lock.
Want - 90% - I'm terrible with them, but I've always liked them and enjoyed playing as them anyway. Will be very glad to see them return.

Waddle Dee Prediction - 12.5%
Wait, really? Huh. I don't see him happening, and I'm guessing most others won't either, but at least he's not Owain tier.

Nominations
Toon Zelda/Tetra x5

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Chance:95% They are already being worked on but they are having technical difficulties.

Want:100% They are one of my favorite characters to play as and I would be really sad if they couldn't get in.

Waddle dee: 25% He has potential for a moveset and he was playable in the most recent kirby game.

Nomination: Zoroark x5

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
ICs: 100%

Want: 100% I like em

Bandana Dee: 29%

x5 Tharja

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers get a 99.99% from me. I don't expect them to go anywhere, even if they end up playing funky on the 3DS version.

I predict Bandana Dee gets a 15%

Saki Amamiya x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Ice Climbers

There's no chance of them being cut for any reason other than technical limitations, so let's talk about that.

I think these are overblown as a reason for cutting them. Technical limitations may and probably will affect their design, but the chances that Sakurai would cut them altogether? Very low.

First of all, I would note that while Sakurai was talking about problems programming the Ice Climbers, it's possible that he wasn't actually referring to problems implementing them as they were in Brawl. It's very possible they were intending to give Nana more advanced AI and were having trouble implementing this on the 3DS. Just because they were having problems with the Ice Climbers doesn't mean they were having problems with what you think they were!

It doesn't seem like the 3DS should have a problem implementing the Ice Climbers at least at the level they were in Melee, so I find it unlikely that they'd be unable to get them to work.

Anyway here are more likely scenarios:
  • They solve the issues and implement the Ice Climbers the way they wanted
  • They wanted to improve the Ice Climbers AI, but were forced to keep them around the level they were in Brawl or Melee
  • They are unable to even keep them to Melee level AI and then:
    • They reduce Nana's AI, making her even more dumb
    • Or they improve her ability to return to Popo so that she spends less time separated
    • Or they make Nana and Popo nearly inseparable
    • Or they make Nana and Popo completely inseparable (Nana has no separate damage meter)
  • They can't get them to work, and so they cut them from the 3DS, but not the Wii U
  • They can't get them to work, and so they cut them altogether
In any of those scenarios, they also have the option of reducing Nana's AI on the 3DS only. Sakurai said that the versions will have the characters practically the same, but if they can't even get the Ice Climbers to work at a Melee level, I could see him changing his mind on that. I don't think that the scenarios where they get cut are very likely, even in the event that they can't get them to work as intended.

So anyhow...

Ice Climbers chances: 99.6%

Ice Climbers want: 60%
They're ok. The wobbles and that kind of stuff annoys me. Fortunately, that probably won't be an issue. I don't want cuts if they can be avoided (since I assume cuts won't be precursors to me getting all my most wanted newcomers), but I would be less upset about them being cut than I would be about a lot of other characters.

Bandana/Waddle Dee: 20%
I think there's going to be a lot of skepticism for a number of reasons (3 Kirby reps being enough, Sakurai not wanting to overly promote Kirby, being one of Dedede's moves, etc.). Seems like people are expecting him to get some love though.

Nominations:
Jigglypuff x5

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ice Climbers: 98%. -2% because of the slim chance they can't iron out multiple-character issues.
Want: 75%. They're not my favorite character to play by any means, but they are fun.
Waddle Dee: 25%. It's a lowly minion of Dedede. And just because one of them wears a bandana doesn't make it more likely.
Nominations: Majora's Mask Link x5

Steelia

Smash Champion
Ice Climbers

Prediction: 99%
Pretty much confirmed, even by Sakurai himself. Even with the 3DS hindering things (as usual), I don't see Sakurai giving up on them so easily.

Want: 1%
One of the only things from SSBM I actually didn't like...

Waddle Dee Prediction: 12%
Apparently, some people have faith he'll show. Oddly enough, giving him a bandana would probably warrant playability in Sakurai's eyes, as terrible an excuse that would be.

Nomination: Geno x5

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Ice Climbers

Chances: 100% Sakurai pretty much confirmed them anyway

Want: 100% I enjoy playing IC often so I don't see why they can't return due to being unique

Waddle Dee: 20% I'm not liking the idea of Kirby getting four reps this early, but I wouldn't mind a spear fighter who is unique unlike having a roster full of swords

Nomination: Vaati x5

Natis

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers

Likelihood - 100%
I don't think that they will be leaving. Even though we've all heard the 3DS limitation thing, I think that they will find there way in and it'll all work out.

Want - 100%
When I play Ice Climbers, it's usually for fun. They are a unique character and I personally think it would be a shame to see them go.

Waddle Dee Prediction - 15%

Nominations - Geno x 5

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
IC

Likelyhood - %100
Sakurai pretty much gave it away.

Want - 1%
I don't care about them.

Groose

Smash Champion
Ice Climbers: 98%
They're in the works and it's still only early stages. I think it would take a dark miracle for them to be completely cut.

Ice Climbers Want: 90%
I don't really enjoy playing as them and I'm not really good with them; additionally, I wouldn't mind cuts if they made for a newer, more diverse roster. But even I can see flaws in cutting one of the most unique characters the series has seen.

Bandana Waddle Dee Prediction: 18.43%
People will bring up the Dreamland Four argument. Others will bring up the Goomba argument.

Nominate Tingle x10

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Can you take my prediction anyway

Liklyhood 95%
They were here since Melee and the only reason for the missing 5% sakurai said he's having a little trouble

Want 100%
Don't play as the, but I like those 2

Groose

Smash Champion
The Ice Climbers really iced the competition yesterday, receiving a 97.79% overall chance (98.14% Smashboards, 93.45% Gamefaqs). The duo also climbed to the top of the want list, receiving an overall want of 86.47% (88.28% Smashboards, 56.67% Gamefaqs). It's pretty clear that you would be both shocked and devastated if Sakurai is unable to implement them this go-round.

Today our candidate is a newcomer: Bandana Waddle Dee. Some may call him a common grunt, but he has demonstrated the ability to be unique in the past. Please leave your chances and want on Bandana Waddle Dee.

Finally, predicting how people will rate 'ol Jigglypuff in tomorrow's game can earn you extra nominations. The winners of the moms today are PK Wonder and Paulcagebein. Have fun with an extra five.

Gamefaqs Link:http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66780794

AfricanSanta

Smash Cadet
Bandana Dee Chances- 15%- If we get another Kirby rep, it'll be him. But it is very unlikely we'll get a new Kirby rep.

Bandana Dee Want- 20%- He seems pretty generic.

Jigglypuff Prediction-82%

Nominations-
Dillon x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom