• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Lucina
Chance: 40%
She seems to be a popular FE character, but I see Chrom getting in over her.
Want: 30%
It would be nice for her to be included for more female characters, but idk I never really supported her much.

Roy
Chance: 10%
I don't think it will be happening, I think either Ike is returning for a second FE character or Chrom is replacing him.
Want: 100%
Roy was one of my favorites from Melee. I would freaking love to see him back more than any other FE character. They could change him up from Marth and he would be a different looking FE character without blue hair.

Chrom & Lucina
Chance: 5%
Pretty sure we won't be getting them as a team. Sakurai was having difficulties with Ice Climbers if I recall, and there are no more transforming characters so they would have to be on the screen at the same time.
Want: 0%
I'd rather them be separate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lucina
Chance: 40%
She seems to be a popular FE character, but I see Chrom getting in over her.
It would be nice for her to be included for more female characters, but idk I never really supported her much.

Roy
I don't think it will be happening, I think either Ike is returning for a second FE character or Chrom is replacing him.
Roy was one of my favorites from Melee. I would freaking love to see him back more than any other FE character. They could change him up from Marth and he would be a different looking FE character without blue hair.

Chrom & Lucina
Pretty sure we won't be getting them as a team. Sakurai was having difficulties with Ice Climbers if I recall, and there are no more transforming characters so they would have to be on the screen at the same time.
Want: 0%
I'd rather them be separate.
I'm sorry, but that day has ended already! We are rating Squirtle and Ivysaur now!

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Oops sorry about that @Brawler610!

Squirtle
With there being 4 Pokemon already and Charizard being separate and Jigglypuff being one of the 12 original smashers, I don't think Squirtle has much of a chance this time around.
Want: 10%
He was okay in Brawl but with Greninja being the new water Pokemon I don't think he needs to be in.

Ivysaur
^ Reasons same as Squirtle.
Want: 20%
I liked him most out of the three in Pokemon Trainer, but I didn't play him too much.

BTW first time participating in this thread, wish I did sooner!

Last edited:

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Sad day for me...I loved the Pokemon Trainer concept...

Squirtle:
Chance: 5% With PT gone and Greninja being a water starter, I don't see many reasons to bring the little guy back. Especially with Jiggs and Mewtwo still in question.

Want: 20% He has his charms, and Withdraw had some hilarious situations, but I don't really want two water starters.

Ivysaur:
Chance: 10% I give him(her? I've never been sure since PM...) a little more since there's no grass starter, but otherwise I feel it would have been revealed with Charizard if it was coming back.

Want: 50% Ivy was my favorite of the PT's team with it's odd anti-air/zoning playstyle. I'm gonna miss it...but I also think diversifying Pokemon gen reps would be cool. Seeing Grovyle/Sceptile wouldn't be so bad, or a fifth gen non-starter.

andimidna

Smash Master
For a comparison...
This is how those Fire Emblem characters would be ranked if confirmed and deconfirmed characters weren't counted

Old scores:

Veterans:

12. Roy (Fire Emblem): DAY 118: (38.44% chance, 42.82% want); DAY 53: (40.42% chance,48.87% want); DAY 16: (38.75% chance, 45.37% want)

Newcomers:
24. Lucina (Fire Emblem): DAY 104: (15.39% chance, 45.73% want); DAY 15: (22.56% chance, 43.4% want)

(t) 30. Chrom and Lucina Team (Fire Emblem): 9.43% chance, 31.56% want

Old scores as if Roy was a newcomer:

10. Roy (Fire Emblem): DAY 118: (38.44% chance, 42.82% want); DAY 53: (40.42% chance,48.87% want); DAY 16: (38.75% chance, 45.37% want)

25. Lucina (Fire Emblem): DAY 104: (15.39% chance, 45.73% want); DAY 15: (22.56% chance, 43.4% want)

(t) 31. Chrom and Lucina Team (Fire Emblem): 9.43% chance, 31.56% want

New scores:

Veterans:

12. Roy
Chance: 14.58%
Want: 34.25%

Newcomers:

27. Lucina
Chance: 12.78%
Want: 38.64%

31. Chrom & Lucina
Chance: 9.41%
Want: 28.83%

*Note that: This team decreased in chance by 0.02%
You said that they increased slightly.

This actually sets them down a rank as they were tied with Masked Man, however they were already ranked below him, so the number will be the same on the official chart.

New scores as if Roy was a newcomer:

24. Roy
28. Lucina
32. Chrom & Lucina

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Squirtle:
Chance: 2% - Veteran.
Want: 100% - I wants mah Pokeyman Trainee back.

Ivysaur:

Chance: 2% - veteran.
Want: 100% - I wants mah Pokeyman Trainee back.

Bowser Jr: 47.56%
Jigglypuff: 91.36%

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
The popularity chart has been updated.

Squirtle
Chance: 10% - He has a moveset ready from Brawl but there's very little wiggle room for another Pokemon rep.
Want: 37% - I won't miss him to much if him to much if he's gone.

Ivysaur
Chance: 10% - The same as Squirtle.
Want: 67% - He was SSB's first ever quadruped, he'll be missed. :(

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Squirtle
Chance - 10% as it looks this guy is a goner. The only reason they left Charizard in is because he's really popular and well, awesome.
Want - 0% you're cute but bye nice to meet you.

-Ivysaur
Chance - 10% same as above.
Want - 0% awful mechanics and awkward to control. Good (hopefully) riddance.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Squirtle
Chance: 4%
Want: 20%

Not really interested. We have a water Starter already, and a recent one at that, so we really dont need another one. With Pokemon Trainer gone, his chances are not too good. He gets points only for being a veteran.

Ivysaur
Want: 55%

As long as they remove the effectiveness gimmick, im okay with him coming back. He gets the slight edge over Squirtle for being grass type and will complete the starter triangle. Being a veteran also helps.

I would also like to mention it would be strange to see one come back and not the other. If this did happen, however, I would suspect Ivysaur (or Venusaur) would make the return instead of Squirtle (again, because of grass type)

Predictions
Bowser Junior: 21%
Jigglypuff: 96.2%

andimidna

Smash Master
Squirtle: 1%
Seems as though he was the most commonly played of the trio.
However, both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff take priority.
I am almost 100% sure of this.
And you can't have 2 of the Kanto starters, and not the third.

Want: 80%
I prefer Mewtwo, but I'd rather Squirtle or a Pokemon newcomer like Blaziken, Genesect, or Diancie get in over Jiggles. Even though it won't happen.
(RIP Gardevoir, Zoroark, Meloetta, Victini, Fennekin, Deoxys, and some others that I wanted even more)

Ivysaur: 1%
We do not have a grass-type yet, while we do have a water-type and a fire-type.
However, Charizard, Lucario, and Greninja create their own triangle. And if this water-fire-grass triangle was actually a focus of the development team, we'd have Pokemon Trainer.
Also, both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff take priority.
And you can't have 2 of the Kanto starters, and not the third.

Want: 70%
I've started playing as him a lot lately, and he's a lot better and much more fun to play as than I used to give him credit for.
(Although I'm beginning to shift my focus to getting good at Zero Suit Samus)
I just hope we get a quadruped character to replace that style of his.

Bowser Jr: 35%
I really hope he goes up a good amount.
Jigglypuff: 94.5%
The reasoning tomorrow will be:
-Orignal 12
-Original 12
-Original 12
-Fairy re-type
-Original 12
Maybe 1 or 2 doubters will come in to mention her lack of significant popularity and with limited spaces, Mewtwo might be the only playable Pokemon left that we haven't seen. But that won't do much against all of the 99s she'll be getting

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Squirtle
Chance - 1%
Of the Pokemon Trainer trio, Squirtle easily suffers the most. With Greninja being an evolved water-type starter I don't see why Squirtle would make it back without Ivysaur and also Jigglypuff and then suddenly we got what, eight pokemon? yeea, I don't see it.

Want - 40%
Two water type pokemon would accurately represent the proportion of water types in pokemon, I suppose, but I would not be a fan of that. It also doesn't help that Squirtle was easily my worst one of the trio. Even though he's supposed to be the best or something.

Ivysaur
Chance - 10%
Unlike Squirtle, Ivysaur does have the niche of being a grass type, and when it comes to starters that's the one that's clearly still missing. (assuming of course that Sakurai would care about that.) The one other plus Ivy has is that even in Brawl it had a lot of uniqueness, being the only quadrupedal character. There's definitely potential for a refined moveset as shown by Project M, and I suppose it's just a matter of: how many pokemon is too many for Sakurai? And, does he care about having all three starter types?

Want - 60%
This was my favorite of the Pokemon Trainer trio and the one I used the most, and in Project M I was happy at how much more powerful and possible it was to use it. I also like Grass type a lot more than the other two, and Ivy is the second evolution of my favorite first gen starter, and second favorite grass starter only after the treecko line. However, Greninja's addition is a nice reminder of how fresh things can be for Pokemon when we get newcomers, so I personally would rather get a new grass starter (*cough*Sceptile*cough*) to finish out the three starter types. Not likely we'll even get more pokemon after jiggly and mewtwo, but my ideal would be that.
Oh god, it would be SO AWESOME if we had Charizard - Sceptile - Greninja. I would probably lose it. Seriously, I think I would like that more than Jiggly or Mewtwo.

Predictions
Bowser Jr. - 8%
Jigglypuff - 83%

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Squirtle and Ivysaur's chances: 0.5% (for both) - Just can't see either of them coming back with the Trainer now gone. I don't see why they'd get in over the likes of Jiggs and Mewtwo on their own. And in Ivysaur's case even if they really want a grass type (which I'm doubtful about) I personally think they'd go for someone from the Treecko line.
Want: 10% (for both) - I wanted no cuts and gave a high want score to all of the Trainer's Pokemon being separate...but eh, after thinking about I don't think I'd really miss these two. I didn't care much about either and unlike Charizard I'm not that sure they've really earned solo slots.

Bowser Jr. prediction: 25.59%
Jigglypuff prediction: 89.21%

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Squirtle and Ivysaur

Both, at a likelihood of 2 percent, and this is pretty much only applicable with DLC; having one without the other is absolutely insensible, because then it wouldnt be having two, it would be NOT having one (of the three pokemon).

Want? 100 percent, but also, as DLC, because the roster just CANNOT be balanced with both of them in it, though somehow that matters less to me post launch. Pokemon Trainer is just too close to my heart, far outside of this game, for me to have wanted him cut, but he seems gone, so I must cope. Squirtle being my favorite Pokemon of all time makes this sharper, but I think that, as I never felt he really belonged (not that FALCO or Toon Link do), it softens the blow, and I am glad I ever got to play as him in my favorite video game series of all time.

I think we could end up getting them both as final EVOS if Game Freak ever gives them second mega evos; the kind that dont fully suck, because they both do, especially Venasaur. Obviously Game Freak creates some to fail; sucks to have to admit forever Charizard is more popular and that wont change. Good to face reality finally.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Squirtle

Chances - 2% - Can Pokémon get 8 slots? Yes. WIll they? Doesn't seem likely, however it is not impossible. I don't understand why him being the same type as Greninja harms him in any way. The water-type has a huge variety of moves and it's not like Greninja outright stole any of his Brawl moves. He'd still be an unique character moveset-wise if he gets in. But I'm facing the facts and believing that he's most likely gone, since he's definitely one of the few remaining veterans that is 'easier' to cut per say.

Want - 80% - I liked Squirtle. In Brawl many of the characters didn't have a shining personality, but he did. That goofy but upbeat smile was great to see in such a 'dark and realistic' atmosphere and design. Plus he was my first ever Pokémon, ever. Seeing him in Brawl was a treat. While I understand that Charizard is definitely the one worth keeping out of the three due to his huge fanbase (and being one of the few heavyweights), I'll still miss the guy.

Ivysaur

Chances - 2% - Really don't see him getting above Squirtle, despite the 'oh we need a grass-type!" claims (not sure why this is important all of a sudden). Ivysaur is technically not very popular, but that's normal considering that MOST middle evolutions don't really hold that much significance. While he obviously does have an original moveset, the only saving grace that people are giving him is his typing and that just says a lot about his chances. If by any chance there is a grass-type, I think Sakurai will pick a Pokémon that is a little more popular than Ivysaur, who like Squirtle, is one of the few unconfirmed veterans that is the easiest to cut.

Want - 60% - He's a veteran with an unique moveset and I always liked Bulbasaur. Since the latter is not going to happen, he's the closest I'll get to his pre-evolution form. He'll be missed in some regard but not as much as Squirtle for me.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Squirtle and Ivysaur: 6%

They're both in the same boat, and sadly not likely to make the cut as there are other clearly evident pokémon waiting for the call.

They're both my partial mains in P:M, and Ivysaur particularly has some great attributes that could make a great moveset with some tweaking (seriously, how does he not use leech seed or any status powder moves in vBrawl?)... Squirtle's less interesting in potential, but was already a fun character, and still is in P:M... it's gonna be sad to see them gone.

Bowser Jr: 34.2%
Jigglypuff: 84.6%

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Squirtle:
Want: 99%

Ivysaur:
Want: 98%

What can I say, my mains other than Charizard are most likely cut again and I'm sick of it.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Squirtle
Chance: 10% Greninja basically took water spot in fire/water/grass trio
Want: 10% Not into his fighting style, it's annoying

Ivysaur
Chance: 15% While no one has taken grass type he has better chance than Squirtle
Want: 50% Neutral

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Squirtle
Chance: 3%
Greninja has taken his niche somewhat, although it's clear the two play absolutely differently. Of the two Pokemon we're rating today, Squirtle has more fame overall, due to the anime and that the middle evolution usually gets less spotlight than the first form and the last.

Want: 55%

Honestly Squirtle was by far my favourite of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon, and the one I'd usually play with. However, I also can see him as a non essential at this point. Nice to have, and certainly one of my preferred Brawl newcomers, but I imagine I'll still be very accepting of his exclusion(presuming he is) due to the nature of the Pokemon roster...in fact I'd prefer we get very few Pokemon veterans each time outside Pikachu and just rotate the roster.

Ivysaur
Chance: 3%
Whilst no new grass type(nor grass starter) has shown up, Ivysaur was only really ever chosen to bridge the gap with the super popular Charizard and the still pretty popular Squirtle. I can't honestly expect Ivysaur to show up without Squirtle; he's not as popular to go solo like Charizard was, he's not a particularly noteworthy Pokemon either, and it'd be a bit odd to have Ivysaur and Charizard without Squirtle.

Want: 45%

Ivysaur was my second favourite of the Pokemon Trainer trio, but he doesn't really belong on the roster solo. A fairly forgettable middle evolution of the third most popular Kanto starter? Still outstrips Jigglypuff in both importance and popularity within his series, but damn. I can live without Ivysaur, as unique as the character was...I'd prefer Sceptile, Serperior or Chesnaught if we have to have a new grass type...but I can't see any of them happening.
Again; I'd prefer a constant rotation for the Pokemon roster.

Hell, maybe by some miracle we'll get Blastoise and Venusaur even. That'd be nifty.

Predictions:
Bowser Jr.: 20%

People will try and justify that 'rule' about Mario requiring as many characters as Pokemon in order to get Mewtwo in.

Jigglypuff: 92%

Not going anywhere. She'll still get in before Mewtwo. Such is life.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Just thought... given the whole Black Ganondorf Shadow dealy how about the move-sets get retained in some way...

Squirtle's pretty obvious if you think about it, we're rating a small fast character known for waithdrawing into his shell tomorrow, and while he'd use Fire instead of Water he could take a bunch of Squirtle's moves with no problem... Bowser Jr. would be able to take a lot of what makes Squirtle special (Shell-shifting, withdraw etc.) and add his own flare to replace the unused moves (Water Gun, I'm looking at you).

Ivysaur's more difficult, I can't think of any other major quadrupedal Nintendo characters apart from Nintendog... and he's both deconfirmed and unable to take Ivy's moveset... Infact the character that comes closest to mind is Spyro, who could use his wings to do a fair number of the Vine Whip type moves (smashes, jabs etc. not the up-special), but lacks the highly important Razor Leaf... But he's third party, and wouldn't really work without gliding. He is probably legendary enough though, and I would say more likely than Rayman... why haven't we rated him yet?!

Aside: I now have to vote up Spyro before E3... aswell as Slime...

Anywho... Anyone got any other ideas for characters that could take Ivysaur's playstyle? They could be effected by this E3, though I think it's too late to add another day of ratings for them...

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Grass ---> Earth ---> Isaac
Elementally yes, he can creates vies and briars, but he can't use them in quite the same way... I guess he is probably the closest though, and I do want him too, but if he got in as an Ivysaur semi-clone I would be both disappointed and confused... like really, really confused!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Elementally yes, he can creates vies and briars, but he can't use them in quite the same way... I guess he is probably the closest though, and I do want him too, but if he got in as an Ivysaur semi-clone I would be both disappointed and confused... like really, really confused!
Isaac will, outside of Ganondorf-style screw-ups, be as much as a Ivysaur semi-clone as Greninja is a Squrtle semi-clone or Palutena being a Zelda semi-clone.

andimidna

Smash Master
Well, apparently Falcondorf exists because of body-type similarities.

And, I don't think Isaac's body is all that similar to Ivysaur's :troll:

I wouldn't mind him taking Ivysaur's side special though

(Ew, now I'm picturing Isaac with Ivysaur's body)

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Squirtle and Ivasaur
Chance: 5% i believe they are most likely cut
Want: 10% I never played them.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Well, apparently Falcondorf exists because of body-type similarities.

And, I don't think Isaac's body is all that similar to Ivysaur's :troll:
I wouldn't mind him taking Ivysaur's side special though

(Ew, now I'm picturing Isaac with Ivysaur's body)

So Majestic..

I'd use this as my avatar if I didn't run the Slime thread...

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Squirtle Chances - 0.5% - Sadly unlikely, due to Charizard's solo confirmation. Gredninja also steals much of his chances away.

Ivysaur Chances - 0.05% - Even less than Squirtle, due to being the middle evolution, and thus the least iconic of the three Bulbasaur lines.

Want (both) - 60% - I've mostly come to terms with their semi-official disconfirmation, but I'd still like for them to be in.

Predictions

Jr. - 16.55% - Slight decrease due to more time passing.

Jigglypuff - 89.75% - A small slip, but most still expect her.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Squirtle and Ivysaur: 50% each

Unlike most of the users here (and across the internet), I still haven't given up hope just yet. I find it likely enough that Pokémon trainer has simply been separated into the 3 pokémon. It's a good idea from a developer's perspective as the work done on balancing them is reduced quite a bit. I'm not going to budge from this rating until we get some official word on their fates. Who says this can't/won't be another Toon Link situation? Call it denial if you want.

Want: 100% for both
Squirtle is my Gen I starter of choice, and Ivysaur is one of mains in Project M. That, and I'm extremely anti-cut.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Eh, idk. Maybe 10% each? Don't bomb me, but I think they've been cut from the roster. I kinda want both back though. Squirtle I want back 80%, but Ivysaur I want 69%

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Squirtl

Likely hood 2%
Transformation characters are gone charizard came alone the most popular but for squirtle greninja is a starter water type as well I think 2 playable water starters is too much big time and 6 playable pokemon is most likely whats going to happen and mewtwo and jigglypuff will probably get those spots from the current 4

Want 90%
Still a cool pokemon

Ivysaur

Likely hood 2%

Same as squirtle except added ivysaur is barely up there on the popular list nothing like his downgraded form bulbasaur/venusaur

Want 20%
Never cared for ivysaur but bulbasaur/venusaur a different story

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Squirtle

Likelihood: 3%

His only strong point is that he is semi-iconic. People can recognize him unlike Pokemon like Joltik. However, we already have a Water-Type, so that pretty much crushes his chances.

Want: 60%

Do prefer Greninja over Squirtle, but that doesn't mean I don't like him.

Ivysaur

Likelihood: 1%

His chances of getting in were demolished by the removal of Pokemon Trainer.

Didn't really care for the Bulbasaur line too much. Prefer, like many, other Grass Starter like Sceptile or Serperior.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Squirtle: Chances: 10%- He was Greninja'd.
Want: 80% I like Squirtle, but he's the last in the trio to me.

Ivysaur: Chances: 30%- He's grass type, so he has more chance than a water type that's is already in the game. But I think that or Sceptile either Venusaur has more chance, you know, the fully envolved issue.
Want: 100% I love Bulbasaur's line, and Ivy is my favorite stage. He's also my main.

Predictions
Bowser Jr. - 4,59%
Jigglypuff - 100%

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Squirtle:

Chance: 7%
I'd be surprised to see him return.

Want: 65%
I would've kept him if I could've, but it's not crushing to see him cut.

Ivysaur:

Little bit more likely than Squirtle because of being grass type.

Want: 75%
I was never great at any of the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon, but I liked Ivysaur the best.

D

Deleted member

I will be rating these two at once.
Squirtle and Ivysaur
BOTH Chance: 7%

We've been warned by Sakurai since the beginning that there will be cuts. Pokemon Trainer was one of those characters that was in the most danger. He is a three-in-one character and I bet that took a lot of time and effort from Sakurai in order to develop him and give him a whole moveset. It makes sense that Charizard would return because of how HUGELY popular it is. Now that the Pokemon Trainer and transformations have been removed, these two are in danger.
Squirtle is the more famous the two that we are rating, but his uniqueness may have been taken away by Greninja. Ivysaur may have a benefit of being a grass starter (I don't know WHY people are giving Ivysaur higher scores because of this), but he isn't as popular as Squirtle or Charizard and was simply there to bridge the gap between Squirtle and Charizard.
With the number of slots there are, I can't see these two returning. I expect them to be outcompeted by Jigglypuff and Mewtwo. Cutting them both and bringing back Charizard was a logical thing for Sakurai to do. I see these two be the most likely Brawl cuts.
BOTH Want: 0%
I am OK with cuts. I am NOT OK with cuts if we deal with illogical cuts; I don't want characters like Captain Falcon, Ness, Ganondorf, Mr. Game & Watch, Meta Knight, and Wario getting cut. These two Pokemon, I can live without.
As I've mentioned on Red's day, I wouldn't care if he returned or if he got cut. I wanted him to return because I like Red, but I would be disappointed that he returned because he took up a lot of time. I wanted him to get cut because doing so means that time and resources have been freed for other characters and I wanted Charizard to return because it is highly popular and it is deserving to be on the roster.
I want Squirtle and Ivysaur to NOT return and rather have the time spent on them to be focused on veterans who desperately need overhauls (like Ganondorf) and interesting newcomers (like Shulk and King K. Rool).
I am sympathetic towards those who mained Squirtle, Ivysaur, and the Pokemon Trainer, but I rather see them go. If they returned, I feel as though they would be waste of slots. Also, them getting cut gives me more of a reason to pick up and play Brawl more.

Bowser Jr. Prediction: 28.40%
I don't even know.
Jigglypuff Prediction: 82.00%
I can see a slight decrease.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Both Chance- 5%
Pretty much disconfirmed. Sorry mates.
Ivysaur Want- 15%
Would be too many Pokemon slots. 15% is out of sadness for those who really liked him. Cuts are never anything to make light of.
Squirtle Want- 30%
Same problems involved, except that I like Squirtle more so I'm more personally saddened. But still.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Both
Chance:2%
It seems very unlikely that the two will return with the Trainer gone, heck they weren't even hinted at in the Charizard trailer.

Squirtle
Want:30%
I was never that good with him, but I did like him as a character. I'll miss him some, but not nearly as much as Ivysaur

Ivysaur
Want:70%
My favorite out of all the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon (with Charizard as a close 2nd) so I'll definitely miss him.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Squirtle

Chance - 1%
Greninja took his type and I doubt Pokémon he would have his own slot.

Ivysaur - 2%
He gets a slight increase from Squirtle because of his typing. Still I don't see him making it over Jigglypuff or Mewtwo.

Both Want - 30%
Never really played as Pokémon Trainer. I will miss them though.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Missed Lucina's day by accident. :(

Squirtle - 25%
Ivysaur - 25%

I'm going to be a bit more generous than most here for one reason: they're veterans with unique movesets. Including them should be a lot less work than including any given newcomer, so even if it looks quite bad for them right now, I have to believe they at least have a solid chance as late additions to help pad the roster. They would also be the only transform characters cut which would be at least somewhat odd when ZSS, Sheik, and Charizard all survived the removal of transforms (not counting Trainer himself since he didn't really participate aside from the actual switching mechanic). There's also the curious idea that a grass Pokemon is needed to complete the trio, which could help Ivysaur, but I don't think Ivysaur has enough of a fanbase to justify him purely for that reason. Should that actually be a concern, I could see Sakurai favoring Grovyle, one of the Snivy line, or even reverting to the more notable Bulbasaur with no need to rep each evolution level anymore. Both Pokemon would also be solid DLC possibilities should that come to be a thing, but that's not really a concern as of yet. Overall: they're obviously in a bad spot, but I would be hesitant to count them out just yet.
Squirtle Want - 75% - My favorite starter of the original three and quite the fun Smash character, though I wouldn't be too heartbroken if he missed the cut.
Ivysaur Want - 50% - Doesn't really do anything for me, but I would welcome his return if that were to happen.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Squirtle
Chance: 16% only because it appeared before in the game
Want: 30% it was fun but I can live without it

Ivysaur
Chanc: 16% the same as above
Want: 25% I like Squirtle a little more but the only quadruped in the game is always special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom