• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Oh darn...seems I missed qute a few great days....
Damnit mom......
I'll give my satisfactions for everyone today.
Today's Characters:

Robin: 90% - A cool fellow; one I didn't care for before he was shown off. I like him now though; he's so unique!
Lucina: 0% - She's a clone of Marth.... UGH.
Shulk: 100% - A wanted of mine. So cool.
Others Newcomers:
Villager: 100%
Mega Man: 100%
Wii Fit Trainer: 5%
Rosalina: 95%
Little Mac: 100%
Greninja: 75%
Mii Fighter: 100%
Palutena: 100%
Pac-Man: 100%

Edit: 3,333th post

Also Crashboards is back with a vengeance!

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Satisfaction: 100%

Yes, I am that satisfied with all of them. Enough said.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Those satisfaction scores.......Wow.
I think we all know who's looking forward to this game the most. :)

I'm looking forward to the game the most!
Just because I'm not enamored with every minute aspect of the game doesn't mean that I'm not passionate about it!
I was one of the most speculative in the world.
And one month from now my quest to be the best player in the world begins!

QUESTION. If there is a character reveal on the 12th, will we get a RTC epilogue, or will it just end because of the release date?
We're ending at release. Still, I'm sure there will be a reunion someday...

:4lucina:: 10%
:4robinm:: 90%
:4shulk:: 100%

I don't have time to write an analysis for each of them now, but I'll post them tomorrow. I feel sticking to the schedule is of the utmost importance right now.

DAY OVER
RETURN OF GROOSE

Groose

Smash Champion
Newcomer Satisfaction

91.59% Robin
____

85.18% Villager
85.03% Mega Man
84.93% Shulk
____

81.04% Little Mac
80.14% Greninja
____

77.93% Pac-Man
77.70% Palutena
77.58% Rosalina
____

72.20% Lucina
65.31% Wii Fit Trainer
____

49.56% Mii Fighter

Two remarkable things happened today. First of all, we tied the record for most votes in a single day—just like when we rated Robin and Lucina, a remarkable 108 people turned out to vote. That’s just incredible, and I’m hapy that our community is so large and strong.

The second incredible thing? Robin went on a rampage. He defeated the second most satisfying newcomer, Villager, by nearly 6.5%! Based on his performance right after he was revealed, he was the favorite to win in the end, but I never expected he’d do THIS good! The scales have been tipped!

In other news, Shulk also had a pretty good day; he ended up taking fourth place and finished just a tenth of a percent behind third-place finisher Mega Man. He must have really been feelin it! Additionally, Lucina placed third-to last; although she mustered a respectable score and defeated the two outcasts, she just couldn’t keep up with most of the unique characters.

I’m going to say this for the last time—we’re not done yet! We still have a few days to go until Japanese launch, and we’re pushing until then. We have one last day of satisfaction to go. No, it is not about the leaked characters—we only do satisfaction for the characters that are officially revealed, as we don’t know enough about the leaked characters to judge fairly. Today we are talking about two things: the roster and the overall direction of the game.

Roster Satisfaction will probably be a bit of a hairy subject. Personally, I’m using the leaked roster as my base, and I recommend you do the same. How thrilled are you with the roster that it looks like we’re going to get?

Game Direction encompasses more than just the roster. How do you like the stage list, the items, the assist trophies, the physics, the game modes, the menus—how satisfied are you with the game thus far?

Please rate the Roster and the Game in satisfaction.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Roster: 100%

Whine over "Big Three" all you want, this is a great roster which introduced legendary characters for both new (Villager, WFT, Bowser Jr., Miis and others) and old (Pac Man, Mega Man, Little Mac, Duck Hunt.)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Roster: 90% (So far) I'm glad with the roster so far. Just waiting for the remaining characters to be leaked.
Game Direction: 90%

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Game direction - 95%. Too early to say for sure, but gameplay that seems more technical and fast-paced than Brawl and more accessible than Melee, an awesome spiritual successor to City Trial, and just having a handheld version of Smash are so awesome that it's hard to complain about the specifics. My only major complaint is the overabundance of Mario grassland stages, but with WarioWare, Pictochat II, Lumiose City, Tomodachi Life, and a potential MOTHER 1 stage, I can forgive it.

Roster satisfaction: 90%. When the most I can muster negatively for the newcomers is indifference (slight disappointment in the case of Greninja), that's a good deal better than I was expecting back in the Gematsu days. I think the vast majority of characters deserve their spot (honestly, everyone but some of the Pokémon), and I'm excited to try out most of the newcomers. Most importantly (and controversially), my Melee main man's back, which I never would have seen coming! Can't wait to see the whole cast in action this weekend!

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
This should be my last post as I said before. But I don't know.

Game Direction: 75% - Stages SUCK. Why is it littered with Brawl past stages? I wanted Fourside, Hyrule Temple (N64), and Saffron City! The rest of it looks good for the most part. I'm glad it won't just be Project M to play competitively.

Roster Satisfaction: 45% - Took away characters I really liked, and gave us a large selection of undeserving newcomers, and other newcomers that I don't really care for. Bowser Jr. isn't what I hoped he would be, and right now Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Mewtwo aren't coming back...... Yeah, I'm glad Palutena, Robin, and Lucina are in, or this score would be lower.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Roster: 80% - I'm actually having a bit of a hard time coming up with what I want to say about the roster here. I'm glad many of the borderline characters like Toon Link, Lucario and Ike are back, I'm glad transformations are cut so that Charizard, Sheik and ZSS can take their own seperate slots, in fact the majority of the things I'm happy with lie in the veterans. I'm iffy on some of the newcomers, and it's a bit of a rarity that I question the inclusion of characters, so that's where the -20% come from, but I'll only take away so much, I knew from the beginning that the veterans would keep on being the most important characters since there are so few Nintendo all-stars left, we were bound to have more lackluster inclusions than before. I'd also have liked a heavy weight newcomer, most importantly Ridley of course, but overall I'm fairly satisfied.

Game Direction: 95% - Gameplay-wise it hits exactly the right spot I hoped it would pre-E3 2013. Just the right speed, not overly technical, better balance (safe to say with what we know), no chain-grabs, it looks great. The stage list is solid, but I do hope we get a few more neutral stages. Item and AT selection is pretty solid, menus look sharp, and the game modes look pretty fun too. I do have a few problems though, like the lack of Break the Targets, and there are a few gameplay things I'd have liked to be different like the distance of throws and the duration of landing lag, but overall things are looking great.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
50% for Roster Satisfaction unless he gives us Mewtwo or Ridley...
75% if he gives us one or the other...
100% if he gives us both....

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Roster Satisfaction: 90% I'm real fine with the current roster to be honest, I got myself an actual non-swordwielder, a non-tipped Marth, a unique 5 modes sword wielder, and a character who is able to put projectiles in his pocket, about every newcomer choice Sakurai makes sense in some form:
:4wiifit::4mii::4villager::4shulk::4littlemac:All being very big and/or great new series to Nintendo.
:4robinm::4lucina::rosalina::4palutena::4greninja: being promoted (popular) characters to big currently character represented franchises.
:4megaman::4pacman: being very big icons of gaming.
All of them make sense IMO.
The only problem I'm extremely irked about is :4myfriends:'s return, but that's probably just speculation hailing on me, I thought he was going to get replaced with Chrom, then again he is a popular character like Lucario, so I guess his return makes sense. (I have should've known earlier when Lucario was revealed)

Game Direction: 95%
The amount of alt. costumes, Smash Run, the obscure characters who finally got representation in Assist Trophy form, it feels like a dream come true for a hard-core Nintendo fan like me to see all this content poured into a 2.3 GB game. The real problem I have with the game is the stage list, the returning stages from Brawl and Melee are very meh, I wish they were original stages, or at least got a refinement to look different.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Dang it Robin, you just had to go and be the #1 satisfying. Oh well, Villager will still be the most satisfying...in my heart...sniff...
:4villager: :4villager: :4villager: :4villager: :4villager: :4villager: :4villager: :4villager: :4villager:

Anyway, let's do this:

Roster Satisfaction:
100% - As I said, If I could, i'd give all the unofficially-revealed newcomers 100s in satisfaction, too. That also applies towards the returning roster; Ike came back even with having not just one but TWO new FE characters, All Brawl vets came back beyond the ones that were probably gonna be left out to begin with and we even have our first Melee-only character making a comeback thanks to Dr. Mario. My only deal is that Pokemon Trainer and <possibly> Lucas are gone since they were two of my sub-mains, and that the possibility is very real that Ice Climbers are leaving despite being 2-time vets, but that's water under the bridge <plus, I can always just play Brawl for a few matches if I wanna play them.>

Game Direction Satisfaction:
100% - Stages are all cool <though i'm miffed that the only Melee stages returning are the ones that already came back for Brawl>, items are very interesting especially the S-Flag and Bottled Fairy, the emphasis on customization going so far as to give each character adjustable Special Moves is cause for applause, the For Fun/For Glory split for online will help with matchmaking and everything just feels streamlined and smooth. It's great on Sora/Nintendo to go the lengths they are for this game.

Kind of an off-topic thing, but I do wish they would bring back Smash 64's method of the CSS showing the full character model instead of just their official portrait art, though.

D

Deleted member

Roster Satisfaction: 99.99%

The only newcomers I needed were Mega Man and Shulk, but I'm also glad to be able to play as other characters as well. The only complaint I have with the veterans is that, assuming the leak is 100% true, Ganondorf is still a clone of Captain Falcon.

Game Direction: 99.99%

I wasn't expecting this game to be "Melee 3.0" like others were, so I can't say I'm disappointed much. The only problem I have with the game as a whole is that it seems like half of the stages will be featured in the 3DS version while the other half will be included in the Wii U version, but I was expecting that anyway.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Damn, just an hour late on the Shulk stuff.

If I only came on time we would have beaten Robin's day by one.

Uh, either way, what are we doing now?

Roster satisfaction? 85% many of the characters are ones I disregarded completely when speculating. I didn't really want Villager, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja, Lucina or Pacman. I did however want Robin, Little Mac and Mega Man. Whether I liked them or not before they were announced in smash is a thing of the past. I like almost ALL the characters, including Mii Fighters. the diversity is astounding. While my most wanted characters were picked off one by one, (Kamek, Tom Nook, Isaac) these newcomers will make the game very fun for me!

Game Direction: 85% It looks good. I can't say how it feels or how annoyed I will be by the stages until I actually play it. But it looks really good.

Ornstine

Smash Cadet
NNID
Faroose
3DS FC
3454-1164-7348
Didn't participate in the newcomer satisfaction list sadly but ill just put all opinions about the newcomers down now even if it doesnt count.

:4villager: - 80% Hes like a adorable little troll and im sure everyone will use him just to screw with people (I know i would XD) but he has a super fun moveset i could imagine the tree setups and pocket projectiles and gyro rockets would be great edge guards. He looks very versatile and looks dang fun to play. He doesnt look too strong and his costumes are ugly as hell but looks good enough for me to co main or at least try out with my other mains.

:4megaman: - 90% For someone who never played Mega Man i really do like him alot. Very cool how he is mostly projectiles even his A moves are too. Very unique and awesome looking character he might replace Toon Link as my projectile heavy character for me looking forward to playing as him

:4wiifit: - 20% A Wii Fit character? Hated this idea from the day i saw it and never changed my mind. i hate how she just wont shutup when shes fighting. Gives health tips while playing? Who in their right mind would want to hear that my lord. I do like that soccer ball move and that sun move cuz i can channel my inner dark souls and praise the sun but thats really it.

:rosalina: - 100% Ill admit i wasnt fond of her at first then i began to play other games that she was in and really liked her alot. I play her in 3D World and Mario Kart plus love the Mario Galaxy series ive grown very fond of her with her being one of the only female nintendo characters i like alot. Her moveset is the best thing about her with that Luma she has amazing combos and a great recovery plus a very unique playstyle that is even some what different from Olimar and Ice Climbers. Def gonna main her with Kirby and Meta Knight.

:4littlemac: - 50% Dont mind him just not my cup of tea with his playstyle. Still looks cool i guess i just will never be playing him because personally i perfer the air.

:4greninja: - 90% His sneakiness and ninja like movement makes him just so awesome definitely 100 times better then Squirtel as a water type that's for sure. Love trickster characters who make you have to always be on guard and be careful with your attack options because Greninja can easily punish with his nimble movement and teleport moves. The only reason hes not getting a 100% is because his Neutral B and down B are kinda similar to Lucarios but hes still awesome none the less.

:4mii: - 5% Most unwanted characters ever to be in smash hate them with a burning passion. Their just so quirky and stupid that makes them take that super nintendo fighters feeling away when you see these stupid looking blank expression stick people fight with them. And i could imagine how much time and effort went into these ugly things and how much more they could have put into this game. The 5% is just for joking around with friends when i make some ugly mii abomination beat all their characters.

:4palutena: - 20% Thought she was cool at first but that thought kept on diminishing the more i saw her. She looks horribly over powered and just plain stupid with the a million different moves she can use. Honestly she looks like the most annoying character. One upsmash and you have a wall between you and your opponent. You cant even jump over it.. Her freakin A moves act like B moves and she has already 12 different B moves. Hate her with a passion and im bound to play against her online 1000 times over because thats pretty much all people are gonna be playing. Oh yeah one more thing. A person in japan said that they got zero to death by a palutena just by her combining a simple combination of tilts up airs and a B move. So yeah someone who 1st time playing with her already can just do a very simple zero to death. Case and point shes broken as f*ck

:4pacman: - 35% Boring. No seriously this character is just simply boring. Its not even that i hate him its that his moveset is so basic and repetitive that i could not have fun with him no matter what. Aireals are just kicks. His Neutral B and Smash attacks dont even make sense as hes just tossing out random 8 bit models at you. Why is he even attacking with his enemies? Thats like if marios smash attack was he hit you with a goomba its so stupid lol. His up B is another trampoline just like sonic and megaman. The only 2 things that are semi interesting is the hydrant and his side b which is really just a homing attack but i thing you can aim it which is cool the hydrant is also a pretty neat edge guard as it pushes you can its a projectile but thats really it.

:4lucina:- 25% Eh not fond of clones but i bet Roy fans will pick her up tho shes even more of a clone to marth then roy was so thats pretty lame. Still better then chrom tho.

:4robinm::4robinf: - 100% So very happy i got him over chrom i never played FE Awakening but always wanted a spell caster in smash. Plus he has a thunder sword and thunder magic. The closest thing im gonna get to Chrono being in the game. The way he has tomes and two swords is a excellent mechanic. And looks dang fun to play. Def gonna play him alot once the game comes out thats for sure

:4shulk: - 80% IM REALLY FEELING IT. That monado arts ability is really cool i could see it being cheap in smash run but it doesnt matter. Also his British accent is pretty amazing. With his range and spacing and with marth sucking i guess hes the new marth. I just dont like how similar his attacks are in contrast to the other sword characters but he still looks like a ton of fun. Looking forward to playing as him

Ill add this in too so i dont gotta make 2 posts

Roster - 85% Looks very diverse so far with some misteps like Dark Pit and Miis but overall it a very good roster im just waiting on King K Rool and Mewtwo and im good. Getting a zelda and metroid newcomer like Ridley and Impa/Vaati would be sweet too

Game Direction - 85% They seem to be doing alot of things right but still a few major things wrong. Like the fact that when you jump outta dash you dont keep you air mobility which is my biggest gripe about the game so far, Stages having too many hazards i hope we do have an option to disable hazards because while the FD versions of stages in a great idea we still need platforms and no dash dancing is sad too. BUT thats it they did everything else 100% right and perfect. The no chain grabs and new ledge mechanics make things more fair and making a new cool meta game to boot. With lower landing lag and faster rolls i think we dont need L-Canceling and Wavedashing tho those 2 things would be better they really dont matter. I just hope rolls arent OP because of their quickness lets hope they shortened the invincibility frames on them to compensate. But with all the new modes, Shields and Air dodges arent as OP as they were in brawl and combos being a thing now with the higher hitstun i think the game looks fantastic if they fixed the things listed above i would be 100% loving this game but its still amazing cant wait

D

Deleted member

I just want to put out there that Robin got a 2% increase from his previous Satisfaction rating! I'm impressed that he tipped the scales in his favor for his ratings!
The Directory has been updated.

Roster
Satisfaction:
90%

Now, I will account the leaks into my rating, so I have to consider who got added, who will be seen later, and who got cut.
In terms of veterans: Everyone that I was expecting is here, so there haven't been any unfair cuts; we don't have anything ridiculous like cutting Wario and whatnot. One major plus for me is the return of Sonic. I always put him down as one of my most hyping moments for a reason; not only was he a childhood hero of mine, but I personally believe that he deserves to be in Smash. I expected him, but I was concerned if he was going to get axed since third parties don't return in fighting games. So, I was ecstatic when I saw him return in all of his glory! When it comes to returning veterans that I don't like, I'm not big on Toon Link returning at all; I'm not big on clones and he was a massive one. I will say that Toon Link kinda deserves to be playable, but I'm not fan of his return. This also leads into Dr. Mario, who I don't understand why he isn't an alt. costume for Mario; does he really need to be playable? Ugh. Speaking of which, it would be a shame if Mewtwo didn't return after all this time. As for cuts, I'm perfectly OK with Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake getting cut. I think that Lucas, Wolf, and the Ice Climbers are still in the running, but Wolf would be the only cut of those 3 that I would be upset over.
In terms of newcomers: These are some of the best designed newcomers that we've seen from the franchise. Sakurai listened to many fans from many different parts of the Nintendo fanbase. Even with my low scores for some characters in Satisfaction, I can't say that many of these characters were terrible choices... except for two. I am not a fan of Dark Pit being playable since he easily could have been an alt. costume and I say that Wii Fit Trainer is technically a bad choice in my opinion since she was added to troll the fanbase. I'm also a bit upset that we might not get a third Donkey Kong character or Bandana Dee. The newcomers we got though, I am really excited for! I love the additions of Mega Man and Pac-Man since Sakurai and his team got so creative with their movesets, I'm glad that Animal Crossing finally got a rep after all this time, and I'm glad to see one of my dreams from Brawl finally be fulfilled with Bowser Jr. Of course, I am incredibly excited and glad to see three of my Elite Four: Shulk, Robin, and Little Mac. These were all fantastic inclusions and ones that were incredibly well-implemented.
Overall, I don't think the roster is perfect, but it's a pretty damn fine, very diverse roster.

Game Direction
Satisfaction:
100%

I loved Brawl for what it is, but I think the gameplay could have been better. I can't combo people efficiently, the game is a bit slower and is a bit more defensive, and tripping was a terrible addition.
What I wanted in gameplay was just that; a faster Smash game where I can properly combo again and have tripping removed. Well, it looks like I am getting exactly what I wanted! I haven't played the game personally at any of the demos, but it's shaping up quite nicely from what I've seen and it looks more exciting to watch.
I am also glad that there is an emphasis on balance this time and that there is a greater emphasis on gameplay. I tolerated the SSE for what is was, but it took away a lot of development time. As a result, Brawl's gameplay isn't as satisfying as Melee's and the characters were highly unbalanced. With its removal, I am glad that Sakurai emphasized on balance and gameplay so that the game can be fun to play and hopefully we won't have another Meta Knight situation.
One mode that I am really looking forward to is Smash Run. I love City Trial from Kirby Air Ride; it's the sole reason why I return to that game from time to time. To see it finally back in Smash just makes me happy. I can't wait to play this mode!
However, I am not the biggest fan of the stages. They look good yes, but it looks like they cut a lot of corners with the sheer amount of returning stages. I don't mind it, but just... wow. I'm also glad that every stage has a Final Destination form, but I wish they also had a Battlefield form as well... maybe next game.
Overall, I am very satisfied with what we got in terms of how this game was being directed. It really appeals to both the casual fanbase and competitive fanbase.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Roster- 75%
+Glad to see R.O.B., Ike, Charizard, and ZSS back
+Thrilled that mid-match character transformations are gone
+I love nearly all of the newcomers

-Dr. Mario and crew are stupid
-Lucas was more interesting than Ness; Ness should have been cut and replaced with Lucas
-Falco should have been cut and replaced by Wolf
- I didn't want Sheik or Toon Link back; imo Zelda should have a rotating roster with different playable characters every Smash (apart from the triforce ofc)
-I dislike Lucario. There are sooo many more interesting Pokemon they could have picked from Gen. IV- Roserade, Toxicroak, Weavile, Garchomp, Infernape, Froslass, and Vespiquen are all far more memorable Pokemon that could have taken his spot, and when you extend the list to outside Gen. IV, well... you get the point.
-How could we possibly miss out on Ridley and a Donkey Kong newcomer (Dixie or K. Rool)? There is no justification for this.

Game direction- 80%, I like the increased focus on balance. I am happy to see that Sakurai is trying to cut back on ludicrously difficult or complex tech. Custom movesets are brilliant. Smash run looks fun. One disappointment I have is that stages seem too gimmicky for the most part, and we still have no control over stage hazards. Also, it seems like Sakurai's response to this problem was adding the Final Destination stages, which really frustrates me since I'd rather have a diverse set of neutral stages to pick from than play on FD 24/7. Also, I really wish we could use custom specials in for fun mode.

Oh, and thank God they didn't waste time on SSE 2, lol

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Roster Satisfaction: 95%

Most of the characters look great and have surpassed my expectations. Only ones I'm not that excited for are Dark Pit and Dunk Hunt dog (also not too happy that Lucas is apparently getting cut).

Game direction: 93%

Looks like a major improvement in Brawl (both in features and overall gameplay). Not the biggest fan of the 3DS stages though.

Roster satisfaction 99%
I got 9 out of 9 newcomers I wanted. Makes me feel I aimed to low actually :/ It would be 100 if we had even 1 member of the hype 3

Game direction abstain.
I haven't actually played it so I do't know how it feels but I assume better than brawl
the stage list for 3ds looks really disappointing but assist trophies and other items seem to have been given improvements

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Game Direction = idk because I haven't played it.

Roster satisfaction. Starting at a base of 0%, let's see where this goes, starting with newcomers:
:4villager:=+5%
:4megaman:=+5%
:4wiifit:=+10%
:rosalina:=+10%
:4littlemac:=+7.5%
:4greninja:=+5%
:4mii:=+5%
:4palutena:=+7.5%
:4lucina:=+20%
:4robinf::4robinm:=+25%
:4shulk:=+2.5%
Duck Hunt =+10%

112.5% so far. Veterans now (only counting the ones I thought might be cut):
:4tlink:=+5%
:4lucario:=+5%
:4myfriends:=+10%
:4zss:=+10% (I didn't think she'd be cut, but because now I can use her final smash)

142.5% so far...but now for the negatives:
:4bowser:Jr. = -15% for taking development time away from a plethora of better options.
Dark :4pit:= -5%. Should have been someone like Alph, but Sakurai.
:drmario:= -2.5%. ^ but better.
No :lucas:= -5% not a huge deal to me but there was little reason to remove him.
No :wolf:= -10% bigger deal.
No :popo:= -20% huge deal.

Current Roster Satisfaction = 85%

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Time to talk big-picture! While it's been interesting the past four days analyzing specific newcomers, today's about what they all mean as a group, and there's definitely a lot to talk about.

Roster Satisfaction - 80%

Let's start with a basic assumption: thanks to the leak, we know most of the roster, but we do not know all of the roster. Now I don't have perfect proof of this, but judging by the leak post-mortem analysis (which is a great read if you haven't seen it), the picture of the locked all-star mode is legitimate and thus the leaked roster isn't complete. This is further reinforced by some of the unusual CSS arrangement choices like the three clones together and Shulk with the third parties, which could prove symptomatic of a roster that isn't fully unlocked. This leaves a good 4-5 more characters that could be in the base game, which could account for certain conspicuously missing characters like Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, and Ridley. Even if the roster doesn't look perfect now, it could still fill out well.

With that out of the way, let's talk about what we do have. Judging by the leak, we have 12 unique newcomers, 2 clone newcomers, 3 Mii movesets, 33 out of 39 Brawl veterans, and a Melee veteran. That's 48 characters on the CSS plus the Miis, and as someone who was hoping for a 50 character roster, seeing it actually get that huge is awfully satisfying by itself. Also, while we're looking big-picture, I just want to say I love that transform characters are gone. Zelda, Sheik, and Charizard finally get proper down specials, ZSS won't spawn with those annoying armor pieces, and the roster naturally gets larger by properly treating them all as individual characters.

Let's talk a bit about individual franchises. Seven of those 12 unique newcomers are from previously unrepresented franchises, which is just plain awesome. Unfortunately, the existing franchises have also become somewhat unbalanced. Mario has two unique newcomers and a returning Dr. Mario to inflate their ranks, Fire Emblem has ballooned up to four characters despite remaining a niche franchise, and Kid Icarus is inexplicably up to three characters despite having only one brand new game in the past two decades, and not even a terribly popular one at that! Meanwhile, Donkey Kong still only has two characters, Metroid only has two characters, Zelda and Kirby only have three unique movesets (even if the former now has 5 characters thanks to semi-clones), Pokemon is down a moveset, and the retro Ice Climbers are quite possibly gone altogether. It seems like character selection and development priorities could have (should have?) been handled better, even if the sheer number of characters is delightfully high.

Next, our newcomers, who are generally pretty great! Mega Man and Pac-Man are strong third-party additions; Villager, Little Mac, and Shulk bring add some fan-favorite franchises to the mix; Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt Dog act as some unusual but welcome surprises; Robin, Greninja, Palutena, Rosalina and Bowser Jr. are all strong choices for their individual franchises; and Miis have proven to be a quality addition despite plenty of downright hate aimed there way. Oh, and while her inclusion isn't necessarily the best choice for the roster as a whole, I'm incredibly happy Lucina is in the mix, even as a clone. Unfortunately, there are some issues here. First, maybe he proves to have an interesting gimmick, but going in I see no reason why Dark Pit shouldn't just be a Pit palette swap, especially when KI is arguably overrepresented even with only two characters. Two, when combined with a returning Dr. Mario, getting two Mario newcomers feels a bit excessive, even for such a huge franchise. Finally, while I don't want to harp on most missed opportunities, not having Ridley would be a very unfortunate decision that seems to fly in the face of how he's been teased over the past year.

Before I wrap up, a word on our veterans. I'm definitely happy to see the grand majority of Brawl veterans returning, but I remain a bit disappointed that six of them are missing. While they're generally understandable cuts, it'd be a shame to lose four unique movesets, especially in the case of the Ice Climbers given they are two-time Smash veterans. Also, while Wolf and Lucas were semi-clones, they were quite well differentiated from the characters they are based on and, unless they prove more unique than expected, would generally be stronger inclusions than the three clones we are getting (and even arguably Toon Link). I'm left wishing Sakurai had skipped the clones, leaving them as alt-costumes (Lucina included!) and instead refocusing that effort into updating existing characters for SSB4. Perhaps that's not as feasible as simply making clones, but I can dream can't I?

At the end of the day, though, it's a whole lot of nit-picking over what looks like our best roster ever. Almost all of the important veterans are back, most of the newcomers are strong additions, and we've still got some mystery slots that could fill out any remaining holes. My rating is kind of low just because we do still have those unknowns and because of the sheer number of issues I have, however minor, but overall I'm definitely excited to start digging into this roster. With any luck there will be some great characters hidden in those final few slots that help alleviate those concerns and prove that Sakurai's built a roster to remember for SSB4.

Game Direction - 90%

I'm going to try to stay brief after that lengthy roster analysis, so I'll just say that the game's direction is looking solid. Sakurai seems to be listening to fans in how he has crafted the game mechanics for SSB4, trying to strike a balance between Melee and Brawl to help alleviate the concerns of the competitive scene while keeping the game accessible to everyone else. Also, though the massive Subspace Emissary is gone, judging by the 3DS version we'll still be replete with game modes that will keep everyone entertained. Some pain points exist like a plethora of returning Brawl stages on the 3DS version and Smash Run being perhaps overly focused, but I don't want to fault the games too much given there's still we don't know about the Wii U version in particular and that it seems clear most development attention went towards making that version the best it can be. Heck, I was thinking for a while the 3DS version would end up rather bare-bones and it's clear now it will have no shortage of content. Some confirmation of post-release support like DLC would be appreciated to address any faults the base release might have, but judging by what we've seen and without personally having had the chance to try a demo of the game, I'm feeling confident SSB4 will be great.

Last edited:

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Roster Satisfaction: 90%
(Even though we dont know the full roster yet)

D

Deleted member

This game has been great for the relatively short amount of time I've been here. Here's to predicting next Smash! (which we will get wrong as usual k thx bye Sakurai)
Disclaimer: I take information from Zipzo when talking about the game mechanics or character changes.
Roster Satisfaction: 100%

Well, its hard to rate something as BIG:troll: as the Super Smash Brothers 4 roster. I've already rated the newcomers, and they all got 100%s [or a 90 in :4villager:'s case] except for :4littlemac: (Big Flame Shield), :4palutena: (Bigger Flame Shield), :4mii:, and :4wiifit:. Aside from those duds, the newcomer roster (including the leak) is amazing! Especially :4greninja:, since I just like him. Greninja also doesn't need some special characteristic to be unique and interesting, which seems to be a theme with most of these newcomers, who I love for those mechanics. And :substitute:. Characters like :4shulk: and :rosalina: who are extremely unique and seem to fun to play more than make up for where the roster falls short. :4robinm::4robinf: saving us from the blandness of Chrom (seriously, his support thread seemed to make up extremely awkward and impractical ways of swinging his sword because he was that bland. Or pulling a :ness2: with magic he never used for his entire moveset.) and bringing in magic and the Lemon sword is a blessing, especially because that Leffin sword can be picked up by opponents. :4megaman: and :4pacman: are complete throwbacks and represent themselves extremely well, and the best design for each was chosen. And we got :4lucina: as an added bonus.
As for the leaked newcomers, I am extremely glad that Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr. have got in, seeing as I supported them last year, even if I did give up hope after seeing Rosalina, Little Mac, Megaman, and Pacman, who represent retro characters as a whole and a Mario newcomer. Bowser Jr. has some of my other favorite characters as alternates, the Koopalings. He plays very differently from other members of the cast. I just know that Duck Hunt will be interesting, and he is actually one of my favorite characters. As for Dark Pit. I. Freaking. Love. Dark Pit. I already said why during his rating, but I'll summarize it here. I liked his dialogue, I liked his concept, I liked his interactions with the other characters, I enjoyed the route Sakurai took while creating this character. He isn't too complicated since he is like :4pit: gameplay wise, and he has his own motives. I do not usually like "badass, loner, dark" characters in games. This guy is an exception because of how deep he is. Plus Dark Pit has the best level theme in Uprising.
In Smash, he looks to be a clone, which is good since I like Pit's moveset to begin with. He also appears to have his Dark Pit Staff, so he might use that for some of his attacks to differentiate himself. We are also getting at least 1-5 more characters, and I have complete faith that another of my wanted characters will be included, be it Mewtwo, Ridley, Paper Mario, Impa, K. Rool, or Bandana Dee.

Now onto the veterans. Sakurai and Namco have done a great job overall. Characters have gotten necessary buffs and complete much needed makeovers, such as :4bowser:'s new and improved moveset, :4kirby: appearing to not suck :awesome:, :4mario: getting buffs so he is no longer a master of none, but a jack of all trades. :4samus: and :4link:'s tethers and overall movesets getting buffed. :4sheik: is no longer cloaked in his Brawl shell, but has come back to the Melee days, complete with some new and interesting moves. :4yoshi: has his makeover of getting his back fixed. :4charizard: is no longer held back by the :pt:'s mechanics that sound good in theory, but translate horribly to gameplay. He also has his more popular Mega as a Final Smash, and looks much more optimistic with a new Fair and Side Special. :4lucario:'s aura has been buffed, and he has his Mega as a Final Smash.:4zelda: has gotten some buffs in the Phantom, Din's Fire, and Farore's Wind, filling her role as a glass cannon, albeit a bit slower. :4pit: has been reworked to have better melee attacks and specials for the most part, and his arrows have received a much needed nerf, seeing as they can be chained together extremely easy and in a Pit main's hands (like me) can devastate recovering opponents. :4myfriends: is buff now. :4fox: can use his Up b out of Fox Illusion. :4sonic: has gotten faster and more powerful. All in all the veterans are great. :drmario: is returning, and he brings in some variety. As for nerfs, :4marth: is weaker, which was needed in my opinion. :4metaknight: was slain by Sakurai's Mach-Tornado-having-less-hits-so-it-can-be-DI'd sword, and a recovery nerf alongside some attack speed not being ridiculous.:4pikachu: can't get cheap kills with Thunder off the top, but has new tools that make up for that loss, such as a faster game engine that help his combos. :4olimar: has less Pikmin, but recieves tactical strategic (like Pikmin) options in his Up b and Pikmin order. My only complaint with veterans are the inevitable cuts. I am completely ok with :snake: and :popo: getting the boot. I just don't like them, and they will always be broken. :wolf:, :ivysaur:, and :squirtle: are painful, but not that much seeing as I rarely used them. But :lucas: hurts the most. I mained him, learned techniques, and loved his voice which I love to mock/mimic. His moveset clicked with me. So all of the above characters' mains, I feel your pain, even if I don't really care for the characters. Oh yeah. :4falcon::ganondorf: is a disgrace. No energy tennis move? No nothing new? To be completely honest, next Smash Bros I want :ganondorf: to be cut in favor of a Wind Waker styled Phantom Ganon that uses dual swords, energy tennis, and other aspects of every Ganon form to exist, but mainly Wind Waker styled.

All in all, even if the roster does have plenty of dark spots on it, Sakurai delivered. Everything else besides those spots? That is beyond perfection. This game is glorious, and I can't wait to buy the Wii U version day one in November.

Game Direction Satisfaction: 100%

I really need to find Sakurai one day so I can tip my hat off to him. He really has outdone himself this time. Where to start? First, we have custom special moves. That alone is something that makes this game have a lot more depth. Custom moves help characters balance themselves out. For example, :4mario: has pretty bad recovery. He can fix this by using the Super Jump custom move. Say Tim likes to use Fox's lasers since they are nice bait and let him get free percent at certain points in the match. He might just use the Fast Fireball option for Mario, which replicates that to an extent. But John isn't like that. He likes pressuring opponents by using large htiboxes in an attempt to bait them. The Fire Orb is for him. Custom moves add an insane amount of depth, and I could see some tournaments only using custom moves as counterpicks and not stages. As for equipment, it probably won't be tournament legal. However, it is also great for customizing to your play style for more casual matches.
Sakurai's choices for newcomers were pretty much perfect. I don't think I need to go into that much. Also, somehow the game runs at a smooth 60fps in 3D mode. Anyway, there is low landing lag on aerials all across the board, except for some powerful moves such as :4falcon:'s knee and :4sonic:'s Bair. This is great for competitive play, as it means that players can approach with a short hop with less risk involved in missing, among other reasons. The game speed on the ground has been sped up all around. This is also amazing, seeing as it also promotes the offensive. Shields are high risk, high reward. Rolls have been buffed. The balance between offense and defense seems great on the ground, especially since it is weighted a bit towards offense. The air game's only real change from Brawl appears to be that fast falling is fast. Then we get to the new ledge mechanics. Edge-hogging is not a thing. Players get forced off of the edge if another player grabs it. The offstage game may become more exciting, and this means that all recoveries have received a passive bonus. There is no stalling at the ledge, since you can't regrab it immediately after falling off. This is a problem in even Melee, something that Mew2King uses as Shiek, opting to slow the game down. The characters all feel new, even if you know what they're going to do. The red lightning that comes out while you take a strong hit is a very nice touch to the audience, and makes the game look even better. Also for the audience is the smoke effect that comes out at high percent, similar to battle damage that was planned to be in Brawl, just not as drastic. Speaking of battle damage, if Little Mac's bandages in the pic of his screen KO, Mario's comical bruises in that same picture, and a slight scratch in Meta Knight's armor, it may be returning for some characters. Or perhaps it is exclusive to screen KOs? Anyway, screen KOs are much more comical and actually made me crack a smile. This game is looking to be pleasant to audiences and players alike.
New game modes are promising with Smash Run and Target Blast. Classic mode has been changed and appears to be more interesting for the better with its Intensity meter from Kid Icarus Uprising and having choices of who to fight for what kind of reward. All Star Mode has taken a new direction: it is based off of the year of origin for who you fight, and it also can be played before unlocking all the characters, even if it isn't complete. Target Blast seems to add a puzzle-esque twist to the Home Run Contest, which I welcome. Smash Run is an amazing concept full of fanservice to fans of the enemies included, and it adds in the true exploration aspect that I always wanted in Smash Bros. There are sure to be more game modes on the Wii U version, which is fantastic.

The items in this game are imaginative and fun. The beetle item is a great item, and it makes characters struggle to take it off in a funny manner. The fairy in a bottle item is a homage to all Zelda fans, just as the POW block is a homage to all Mario fans. The bombchu is another quirky item, and the Kid Icarus items are all unique, such as the Ore Club shooting whirlwinds, the Back Shield protecting your back, and the Daybreak functioning like the Dragoon but shooting a giant laser. The Rocket Belt assists recovery, the S-Flag gives you a +1 if you hold it long enough, the Fire Bar is a battering item that shrinks after each hit, and the Cuccos give you nightmares whilst being pretty dang funny. The Bullet Bill and Blue Shell are great items in Smash Bros and are a huge shoot-out to Mario Kart fans like me. I know I haven't said them all, but you get the point. As for Assist Trophies and Pokeballs, most seem pretty funny, unique, and are a love letter to many fans, such as Skull Kid, Zoroark, and Takamura fans. These quirky items change up the pace of a match or just make it funny, which is the purpose of an item in Smash. The stages are great picks, and also change up matches for fun (like the Spirit Train, Reset Bomb Forest, Wily's Castle, and the Mushroom Kingdom U), or get things serious for glory (such as the Kalos League, Town and City, and Skyloft). All of the stages are great locales from their respective franchises. The color swaps are really well done and consistent. :4fox: getting a :wolf: color as compensation, American NES Golf :4mario:, Silver the :4sonic:, Maskless :4metaknight: :4kirby:, Fierce Deity and Skyloft :4link:, Dunban and swimsuit :4shulk:, Dark :4samus: and an assortment of Samus' suits. Viridi :4palutena:, Black :4yoshi:, Hoodie :4littlemac: along with 8 alternates for the Wireframe form, :4pikachu: wearing Caleb and Gold's hats, :4villager:, :4robinm:, and :4wiifit:'s gender swaps, Dark :4metaknight: and Galacta Knight, and :4zss: in shorts.

All in all, I think that Masahiro Sakurai has made some great decisions for this iteration for this iteration of Smash Bros, and I don't want anybody else to touch the series, even if it is inevitable. Thank you for this great game, I really appreciate your hard work and feel sympathy for the problems your arm has caused you. Despite what some fans may say about you, I love what you've done for the series and Nintendo as a whole. Thank you Sakurai, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Roster Satisfaction: 95%

First off, I'm 100% certain we haven't seen the final roster. Lock on all star mode, stage select screen incomplete, other characters I'm sure are in the game.

Secondly, this is the best roster we've had in a Smash Bros game. I may not have been excited for many of these characters to be included in the game pre reveal, but now that they have been revealed I cannot wait to try them out. And we've still got more slots to fill!

I really only have 2 gripes about this roster. The first is that Sakurai was able to get the rights from Ubisoft for Rayman, but (probably) stuck him as just a trophy. The second is the apparent cut of Wolf. I used to be a little more confident in Wolf's chances... but then I saw Fox's Wolf palette. Doesn't outright disconfirm him, but I'm not nearly as hopeful as I was before.

But overall, I love this roster. I'm dying to play as Greninja, Bowser Jr., Robin,, Pacman, and Shulk, I got Lucario back even when I thought he would be cut. I've even gotten used to, and starting to get excited for the Mii's (My Jesus Brawler is all set to go!) The only newcomer I outright dislike is Wii Fit Trainer, and that's, what, 1 out of 15?

Game Direction: 100%

This game is going to be the greatest Smash Bros game by far. Better then Brawl, better then Melee, better then Project M. I cannot wait to start the wonderful times of playing a new Smash game with my friends all over again.

I feel like I really should say more here, but I don't know what else to say. It's Smash Bros. My favorite game series of all time. I love the series, and I know I will love this game.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Roster Satisfaction
8 Out Of 10
was satisfied with the roster before the leak
After the leak, I was a little sad
at the loss of some dear veterans.
:popo::lucas::squirtle::ivysaur::wolf:
and mad because It features:drmario:

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Game Direction 95%
First off, I'm 100% certain we haven't seen the final roster.
It looks good. I can't say how it feels or how annoyed I will be by the stages until I actually play it. But it looks really good

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
On mobile, as always, but:

Roster: 100%
I got Shulk, plus possible secondaries in BJ and DHD. I'm set.

Game direction: 90%
I'm glad it's a step above Brawl, and honestly fine with it not being up to Melee speed (shame about L-Canceling though, we could really use a way to cut landing lag, but we'll live). I took off 10% because the FD-mode thing for stages, while great, doesn't include an option to at least have Battlefield-like platforms, and is the only option in For Glory (which hurts characters that don't perform as well without platforms). Overall, it's great, definitely an improvement.

D

Deleted member

Character Satisfaction: 60%
While we got some unique characters, we have unfortunately apparently lost 4 unique characters and 2 semi-clones. Assuming they are not in (Which is the opposite that I believe, just assuming the title means roster as we currently know),there will be a good deal of Brawl players without their favorite character, and some more Melee players as well

Game Direction Satisfaction: 100%
Nintendo's going for a goal of balance over quantity of fighters, and with the ability to now release patches after release, we are likely to see the decline of tiers like they were in previous games, like MK vs Ganondarf in Brawl.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Newcomer Satisfaction

91.59% Robin
____

85.18% Villager
85.03% Mega Man
84.93% Shulk
____

81.04% Little Mac
80.14% Greninja
____

77.93% Pac-Man
77.70% Palutena
77.58% Rosalina
____

72.20% Lucina
65.31% Wii Fit Trainer
____

49.56% Mii Fighter

The second incredible thing? Robin went on a rampage. He defeated the second most satisfying newcomer, Villager, by nearly 6.5%! Based on his performance right after he was revealed, he was the favorite to win in the end, but I never expected he’d do THIS good! The scales have been tipped!

So much scale tipping!

If it isn't already obvious, I'm very pleased to see how many people like Robin. :estatic:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Double 100%s.

Yeah, I got nothing better.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Roster Satisfaction: 100%
Basically Palutena is in anything I don't like is completely neutralized by her miraclous powers........................................... well if I have to put more words into this, the roster is great, some unexpected additions make the roster better.

I have seen people complaining about "not revelant", "too new", "undeserving"all these things don't matter to me, Smash is supposed to be Nintendo's all stars celebration, and guess what that is what we are getting. It's up to Sakurai if a character fits with this criteria. But I think he has put a really good roster so far, from some fan favorities to less known but also deserving characters.
People can say that some great candidates got tha axe yet again, but to be fair even in a world when we get, Mewtwo, Rool, Ridley, Snake, Lucas, Ice Climbers and Wolf all of them, there is ALWAYS going to be people complaining, I can almost guarantee that, sometimes it's just part of being human to complain about the things missing instead of be grateful of the things given.

I have my doubts with the roster like Dark Pit, Dr. Mario and Mii fighters, I am not fond of their inclusion, but the good characters in the roster just make these "negative" additions to dissapear on the wind.

I would congratule Sakurai if I would have the chance, from big series to niche but lovable series, he has done an outstanding job with this game.

Remember people big series started somewhere, don't bash or dismiss "niche" or "small" series just because the number of titles, they might grow or they might not, this don't make these series "undeserving" after all they all are Nintendo's stars in my eyes.

Game direction: 100%
Don't have to say much this series is of the greatest in the world, and I enjoy every entry from 64 to Brawl, from Wave dashing to TRIPPING, these games are here to make us have fun, to distract us from the worries of real life. It's ok to try to be the best and be competitive, in the end that is not the primary goal of these, their objetive is to gather friends, family or comunities together and have a good quality time together. So this entry won't be different

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Roster Satisfaction: 90%

I have my most wanted (Lucina) in and Robin as well from a game that deserves all the love Smash is giving it. Greninja is my starter and felt like a good choice to me the moment I heard of it being in. I like Palutena, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager. Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mega Man are all deserving of their spots. Of the leaked characters, I love the Duck Hunt Dog and I'm neutral to Bowser Jr.'s inclusion. Of the cut characters, I'll definitely miss Lucas and the Ice Climbers who I wish did not go. This roster is still missing a DK character, a Metroid character, and Pokemon should stay at 6 characters like it did in Brawl with only the return of Jigglypuff making the roster have 5 Pokemon characters. Even though I like Dr. Mario, I feel like he should not have returned since Dr. Mario's return definitely make the amount of Mario characters stand out a lot compared to Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem. As for Dark Pit...I just don't like him. So yeah, I rather have Alph and Dark Samus as clones before Dark Pit.

Despite my issue with the stage lineup in the 3DS version, I don't have much complaints. Custom moves are a brilliant idea and Sakurai is definitely set in making this game more balanced and I like the mechanic changes from Brawl. The Assist Trophy and Pokeball lineup is definitely a solid lineup (Micaiah for Assist Trophy? Roy? Anyone?), but I can't say I like that the 3DS version does not seem to have an Event Mode. I will definitely enjoy trying to collect all 686 trophies and learn more about Nintendo's history and see what forgotten/unknown game might grab my attention (Ayumi Tachibana for Assist Trophy! Or at least be a regular trophy again.)

SmashWarrior202

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smashmatt202
3DS FC
1633-4497-7356
Roster Satisfaction: N/A - I'm sorry, I can't vote until I see the complete roster. The leaked roster is almost assuredly not the full roster, and because of that, I don't know what the final roster looks like and who did or who didn't make the cut. I will say, even though there are some characters that don't look like they're going to be playable, I AM greatly satisfied with the choices they have made and, if the roster is correct, the newcomers that are still to come (with the exception of Dark Pit). I'll also add this: if Ridley truly ISN'T going to be playable, then my satisfaction will decrease to 0%. Call me a whiner, a baby, an ignorant fool, or what have you, but I'm sorry, to me, there is no good reason NOT to have him playable by this point, regardless of what was supposedly implied way back in April.

Game Direction Satisfaction: 80% - I'm going to miss the Subspace Emissary-type Adventure Mode... And the Event Matches... And ACTUAL Target Smash... Not to mention, a lot of modes I hoped would return aren't returning... But who knows, maybe they'll be in the Wii U version! Other then that, I LOVE the attention to detail when it comes to appeasing both casual fans and ESPECIALLY the more competitive players. More effort has been made into giving the game balance and fairness, and the things they DO include, as far as Assist Trophies have fan favorites as well as Nintendo characters from all over the board, I just love the better variety here! And Smash Run, even though I'd prefer to have multiple games/matches after collecting all the power-ups so it would feel like the more things you collect will have more meaning then wasting time collecting certain power-ups only to be rendered useless in the final match (which is a problem I had with Kirby Air Ride's City Trial mode), I think is a freaking awesome idea, AND an excellent chance to throw in some classic enemies from all kinds of franchises! So yeah, I'm relatively satisfied with all this.

zon770

Smash Rookie
Roster Satisfaction: N/A
I'm still sure that this is not the finished roster, so I can't rate.

Game Direction: 100%
In my opinion feels the best out of any other Smash. That and the fact that it looks amazing really gives me hope for this game.

Last edited:

BertholdtFubar

Smash Cadet
Roster Satisfaction - 90%

While we always can't help but hope for more characters, the roster we're getting now is fantastic. Cuts and omissions beside, we get Mega Man, Pac-Man, Little Mac, Shulk, Palutena, two new Fire Emblem reps, two new Mario reps, and more. It's a great roster. The final five have potential to raise this to 100%, especially since it could be anything from the hype 3, Dixie, Isaac, a Zelda rep, an F-Zero rep (one can dream), some Brawl veterans, and many other possibilities.

Game Direction - 80%

I feel pushing this game for 2014 might have been detrimental to the 3DS version. Unless there's a whole second page of stages, we get a lot of series that get no new stages. We also could have potentially had even more characters and game modes. But it's still great, and the fanservice this time around has been beyond good.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Roster: 90%
I absolutely love nearly all of the newcomers. The veterans change are great. My main is back. I love it.
My problem is the characters that aren't in. My second main and favorite character from Brawl is cut ( for now), the cuts were sad, Ridley was teased for nothing and all that but that doesn't affect my love for the roster. Besides, there might be more characters anyway.

Game Direction: 90%
Sakurai and the team added so many things and changes that you can't ignore it. I have a few complaints but Sakurai really stepped up his game....literally.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Roster: 30% :ivysaur::pt::squirtle::wolf::popo::snake::lucas: Each one is a 10%. Increase my satisfaction if we get a reveal.

Game Direction: 95% 3DS as a bad influence in Wii U version, and the lack of an Wii U adventure mode so far prevents a 100%. Everything but this is awesome! XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom