• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
:4robinm:: 90% I was actually tons more excited for Robin than I thought. The moveset is pretty unique, and I'm glad he has Nosferatu for one of his specials.

:4lucina:: 80% She only gets an 80% because her moveset being based off her whole sword and not the tip got me to maining her instead of Marth.

:4shulk:: 99% Even though the leak spoiled it for me, I love his moveset so much. The Monado modes look fun and interesting to use, his reach is amazing as I expected. The moveset for Shulk overall has one of the best parts about Xenoblade, them being the Monado arts. The only thing that prevents this from getting 100% is the fact that not all of Shulks partners are involved in his FS.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
:4lucina:: 85%
She could do with being a little less cloney, but I'm very happy to see her in this game. It sounds as though she might be more like Melee!Marth, which is a huge plus for me because I loved playing as him in SSBM, and I was disappointed at the changes made in Brawl.

:4robinm::4robinf:: 100%
My favorite newcomer in SSB4 by far, no questions asked. The fact that they tarred Gematsu's credibility and renewed speculation for a least a little while longer really helps.

:4shulk:: 70%
He's growing on me. I was initially disappointed at how he was presented in the leaked videos, but when I saw him in actual action in his reveal trailer, he looks a lot better than I thought. He seems like a really easy character to use (at least for me).

Last edited:

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
My first ever character evaluation, here we go! ^-^

:4lucina:
While I am very familiar with the franchise, I have never played the game from which she originated from. Considering my bias toward sword-wielding characters since Melee, of course, she gets my approval. Most importantly, however, is that her presence in Smash helps appease fan demand of the character as well as, to a lesser extent, closing the wide gap between the number male to female characters. Characters being clones of their pre-existing counterparts do not bother me in the slightest, knowing this is a trend not exclusive to Smash but is present in other notable fighting games, like Street Fighter. The fact that she is given different properties rather than being a mere palette swap is indicative of some degree of effort, to me. In addition to looking forward to playing as her, it would be interesting and fun to create certain match-ups with and against this character, such as Marth vs. Lucina, Marth and Lucina vs. Pit and Dark Pit, etc. The possibilities are endless!

Verdict: 100%

:4robinm:

Coming from the same reveal trailer as the previous character, his appearance, both aesthetically and moveset-wise, was simply spectacular. Like Lucina, I never played his original game, but I noticed instantly that his inclusion helped represent two major aspects of the Fire Emblem franchise that was long since missing in Smash, tomes and weapon durability. His presence in Smash not only ended the recurring argument that the FE franchise is forever restricted to having only two characters per game but also ended the belief in the west that characters from the franchise are nothing but "ordinary swordsmen". Having a female variant of the character is a nice bonus, which further influences the ratio of male to female characters in the game. I can come up with many fun match-ups and combinations for the character, including Robin vs. Zelda, Robin (M) vs. Robin (F), etc. He is easily one of the best characters to appear in Smash!

:4shulk:

It should be apparent by this point that my lack of familiarity of a character's franchise does not detract from my overall satisfaction of the character whatsoever, because this one is no different. I never knew the character until I noticed him in many other people's wishlists. From there, my research led me to his source material and another one of Nintendo's games, called Xenoblade Chronicles. The biggest draw of the character for me is undoubtedly his gigantic sword, which quickly reminded me of my main, Ike. I am definitely going to enjoy seeing how both he and Ike interact with one another in battle. A fight involving a sword that hails from archaic roots against one of futuristic design? Count me in! It's a batte of epic proportions!

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Robin: Could not be happier. Robin is my dream character and is represented perfectly.
100%
Lucina: I like the character and think its neat that shes in, but its a shame shes a clone especially if the lack of a sweet spot is the only difference between her and marth. But in all honesty, the biggest disappointment is loss of things like her signature stance and not having any awakening inspired moves like FE:A's version of Aether.
40%
Shulk: I'm not a Xenoblade fan but hes shaping up nicely and I'm excited to see him in action.
90%

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I remember a time when people said Robin was extremely overrated.

:rolleyes:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
:4lucina: 100% - I remember playing RTC and constantly trying to come up with the most reasonable score for Lucina. Even when Marth and Ike were revealed, my percentage kept going up. I knew the Intelligent Systems didnt care enough for Chrom unfortunately, and would love to see the Forseer. And Sakurai, as an FE fan, had that feeling as well. I would always argue in the Fire Emblem about how she was constantly promoted, and the strength of her design. And then people would ask, well, how would tell her apart from Marth? My response: By looking at her. And yet, us Lucina fans had to keep fighting on.

The hype was perfect. She kicks off the trailer in high gear, and ends up being a nice misdirection for the real surprise in the trailer. I remember Kotaku saying that SSB4 was having a Fire Emblem Party, and it sure was. Everyone who loved Smash could enjoy it (aside from Chrom fans). Sure she doesnt use her signature stance. And sure, she is among the cloneliest of clones. But that doesn't matter. She's in the game, and we can play as her. Or fight her. Take your pick.

But Jaytalks, she only got in because she got upgraded from an alternate costume. Yeah, so!? Sure she got in by default. But those are two sweetest words in the english language. Default!

Since we got some new ones leaked, I'll update this. But for now:

:4robinf: 99%- Robin gets one point off for one specific reason. The character's introduction trailer destroyed my ability to be further hyped for the game (more on that later). Everything about the character is awesome. From the movements and FE reference such as the GBA's mage animation for Arcfire, it feels like one of the best thought out characters. Also, the use of the tome system and breaking weapons is genius. I love referencing a series like that.

But Robin's inclusion as well as her trailer served as a very important reminder about how far Fire Emblem has come. From a japan only gem to an international franchise. It was the most hype inducing trailer for the biggest Nintendo game of the year. The FE series went from one foot in the grave to four characters flying in the sky in Smash. And that moment when Lucina, Marth, Ike, and Robin come together is magic. That's what you play video games.

Worthy opponents indeed.

:4shulk: 84% - I don't have much words left for Shulk. I said if a new FE swordfighter didnt make it in, I would play as Shulk. Unfortunately, I've got two of them. But he's still a great character and a great addition to Smash. Xenoblade Chronicles looks to be a big series for Nintendo down the line. His trailer was serviceable, but unfortunately didnt get me too excited. I mean, c'mon Sakurai. Link appears again? Would it have killed him to use Ike or Robin or something? I'm not sure how I wouldve reacted had it come out before the Robin trailer. But Robin maxed out my hype meter.

for reference, all of my scores. technically, anyone over 80% I am a completely satisfied with, but I put other scores so I could compare my hype levels.:

:4lucina: 100%
:4robinf: 99%
:4megaman:95%
:4littlemac: 90%
:4palutena: 85%
:4shulk: 84%
:4villager:83%
:4greninja: 82%
:4wiifit: 80%
:rosalina: 75%
:4pacman: 71%
:4mii: 70%

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Lucina: 75%

I don't mind having some clones to help increase the size of the roster, it really depends on who it is. I think Lucina is a better clone choices than others, and I like her a lot, though her score is lowered due to me thinking that four Fire Emblem characters might be too many.

Robin: 50%
Shulk: 50%

I liked other Awakening characters more than Robin, and I have never touched Xenoblade (but I'd like to). I also am not terribly interested in either characters' playstyle. I do think they've earned their spots, but neither is an addition that excites me. Sorry.

Final satisfaction order:

:4villager: 100%
:4megaman: 100%
:4littlemac: 100%
:4palutena: 100%
:4greninja: 90%
:rosalina: 80%
:4lucina: 75%
:4pacman: 70%
:4shulk: 50%
:4robinm: 50%
:4wiifit: 30%
:4mii: 20%

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Robin
Satisfaction: 95%
Haven’t finished Awakening (although I’ve played a bit… should really get on that), but I quiet like the character. Not to mention the fact that his play style seems really awesome. We’ve all been clamoring for a mage forever, and we finally have him/her. The sword breaking only makes him even more unique. Looking forward to playing them

Lucina
Satisfaction: 5%
Ugh, why can Lucina be her own character, while Alph is confined to being an alt costume? I know she’s popular, but I feel a lot of people would have been satisfied seeing her as an alt for Marth. The main reason she’s popular as a character is because she plays like the beloved Roy. Her, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario all really anger me. That said, if we get the rumored 54 character roster, which far exceeds my expectations, then I’ll tolerate them

Shulk
Satisfaction: 95%
Haven’t played Xenoblade (although I will very likely pick it up alongside the new 3DS) so I’m not attached to the character at all. That said, Xenoblade has been heralded as one of the best games of last gen, and he has a lot of fans, so he fully deserves to be here. I REALLY like his play style, being a melee character with a ton of range is an awesome concept. The whole 5 forms thing is cool, although maybe a little too complex for me. His stage is gorgeous as well, and I’m looking forward to seeing him get more exposure

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
It hasn't been all that long since E3 2014, but thankfully the pace of reveals has picked up considerably and we've gotten three newcomers in less than three months! Now, one of those newcomers is a clone, and judging on leaks we've still quite a few secrets to see, but the roster has really started to take form with these reveals. I know a lot of the community has been all for these reveals, but how satisfied have I been?

Lucina - 100%
Holy cow this reveal! It's been a painfully long Smash reveal season personally, not only because we've gotten on average less than one newcomer per month for well over a year, but more because for the longest time I'd gotten none of my favorite newcomer possibilities. Worse still, we had a seemingly true Gematsu leak seemingly proving that I would never get any of those characters. Going into this trailer we had cries of #MonadoMonday all over and I'd pretty much only tuned in out of obligation, not any serious belief I'd get a character I truly wanted. Then of course it turned out to be Shulk's day; no, it very quickly turned into my day. I loved Fire Emblem: Awakening, with Lucina being my favorite character out of a very likable roster, and F-Zero GX remains one of my favorite games of all time, so having the trailer start very surprisingly with a Lucina reveal and a fight between her and Captain Falcon was more hype than I was anywhere near ready to handle. Sure, the trailer ultimately proved to be for Robin, and Lucina, though thankfully still proving to be a newcomer and not some cruel fake-out, was shown to be a mere Marth clone not unlike Roy long before her. However, those things didn't matter because I'd finally gotten a character I'd really wanted, and my second favorite choice at that. Now, is her implementation perfect? Of course not: even if I'm a fan of Marth's moveset, it certainly would have been better if Lucina had been more unique. I also can't rightly fault Sakurai for opting to make her a clone, given Awakening presents her as a Marth impersonator, a direct descendant, and a wielder of Falchion. Really, any minor gripes I have about the Lucina we got pale in comparison to the simple fact that she's in the game, and that leaves me one very satisfied Smash fan.

Robin - 90%
I remember counting Robin out not long before his reveal trailer. The Gematsu leak truly put a damper on my enjoyment of SSB4 speculation, so having him be revealed as a massive surprise and flat-out disproving the leak was hugely satisfying by itself. Nowadays I still appreciate that element of his reveal, of course, but I can also focus more on how much I like Robin himself. This past weekend we got tons of impressions/information on the game from Zipzo, with Robin being one of the characters given particular focus, and he really sounds fantastic! My initial concerns about the durability system sound unfounded as the regeneration period is apparently quite fast and doesn't significantly affect tempo, he apparently swaps between swords for basics and smashes, his spells are fast, and he generally sounds awfully fun. Oh, and Chrom surprisingly appears in his victory pose, reaffirming that Robin acts as a true representative of Awakening, and as I said in Lucina's rating, I loved Awakening. Now, you may be wondering why I'm not 100% satisfied given all these positive remarks. Here's where some serious bias seeps in: I feel that Robin's inclusion and the type of moveset he brings overlaps a lot with what Isaac could bring as a character, and given it seems very unlikely at this point Isaac will be on the roster, I can't help but be salty about whatever characters could have potentially caused that exclusion. Robin's awesome, no doubt about it, but I can't rightly say I'm 100% satisfied right now, not while my favorite character is seemingly left in the dust at his expense. Hopefully I'll get over that really quickly once the game is in my hands!

Shulk - 50%
It's been well over a week since the reveal and I'm still trying to come to terms with my feelings on this one. I've got a lot of conflicting opinions at work and I'm not sure how to reconcile them. Perhaps an analogy would help here:

Timmy is a middle school student and rising gamer. His parents got him a 3DS out of elementary school after maintaining strong grades throughout and he's been playing every game he can get his hands on since. Now Timmy has had his eyes on a Wii U for a while now, and with his graduation to high school soon he had a feeling his parents would be getting him a proper console as a congratulatory gift. The wait felt like forever, but on his birthday that summer his parents had a big gift waiting for him. Timmy jumped at it, thinking finally he'd get that Wii U he'd been hoping for, and after tearing off the wrapping paper he saw...a Playstation 4. All that excitement fades away, replaced instead by confusion. Sure, the PS4 was newer, more expensive, more powerful, even more popular among his fellow students. By right this gift should be awesome, and his parents were awesome for getting it for him! But Timmy wasn't excited. No, all he saw was that he got the wrong system, the one that didn't have Mario and Zelda like he had loved on his 3DS. Didn't his parents know that the Wii U was what he really wanted? This PS4 sure didn't have as many games as the Wii U, and even if the ones it did have were just as good with many more on the way, they weren't the games Timmy wanted. Worst, though, was that feeling that this was it, he was only getting this PS4 and he may never get that Wii U. It's not like he could buy one himself, and who knows when his parents might deign to buy one for him? Eventually Timmy would try that PS4 and learn that hey, this console's great, but for at least a moment, it was simply the wrong console.

Now that's a bit overwrought and imperfect (Timmy's parents could just exchange the PS4 if it was that important), but I think it captures the basic idea. I've been hoping to see Isaac in Smash Bros. for over a decade, so seeing a similar, newer character seemingly steal that honor is incredibly frustrating and I'm basically stuck in irrational, petulant child mode. I can see that Shulk is a perfectly awesome unique character, one who got some exciting impressions from Zipzo this weekend, but that doesn't overshadow what his inclusion represents in my eyes. Hopefully the salt fades away soon and I can focus on all of the positives of Shulk's inclusion, because he's got plenty.

Boy, this final stretch has been interesting. That Robin/Lucina reveal trailer was probably the most hype moment out of this entire reveal season, the ESRB leak has appeared promising some awesome newcomers still in the pipeline (and some mystery characters yet to come!), and while I'm still trying to come to terms with Shulk, I hope its clear from his rating at least that I see promise. It's been a long wait, but the final game is looking fantastic, and while I won't be able to get my hands on it for nearly a month, the prospect of the Japanese release in just a few days is all sorts of exciting.

Finally, here's my rankings of satisfaction for our 12 officially revealed newcomers:

1. Lucina (100%)
2. Little Mac (100%)
3. Mii Fighters (100%)
4. Greninja (90%)
5. Robin (90%)
6. Mega Man (80%)
7. Pac-Man (80%)
8. Rosalina (65%)
9. Wii Fit Trainer (60%)
10. Shulk (50%)
11. Villager (50%)
12. Palutena (25%)

That's enough writing for one month day. See you tomorrow for the overall satisfaction ratings!

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Robin: 100%
Robin was my number 1 most wanted character after I played Awakening (and already knew Mega Man was in the game). And they have an interesting playstyle! AND they look really good in HD! And the final smash is almost perfect in my eyes, showing off both parts of the character and Awakening's gameplay!

Lucina: 70%
I never asked for her, but she's certainly not unwelcome. Marth had a very popular playstyle, so I don't mind her being a clone of him at all. Though that doesn't get a full satisfaction rating either!

Shulk: 80%
While I can't say I love Shulk as a character after playing Xenoblade, he looks fairly interesting in Smash. I'm not too certain if I'll like his playstyle with the Monado Arts as much, but do like me some sword fighters with range/weird hitboxes, and he certainly fits that bill.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Comments on today's characters.

:4megaman: 100% ↑
:4shulk: 90%
So I've revised this upward a little bit after some thought. He looks pretty good, he brings along great music, Riki got in as an AT, Riki and Dunban are both in his FS, these are all great things. While giving him the Monado Arts as status effects is an interesting gimmick, it does mean that his cooler Monado Arts are not reflected. I'm not sure whether his moveset suits my playstyle either. And in the end, Shulk was not among my most most wanted, so I can't give him 100%. But he's still pretty great.

:4wiifit: 78%
:4robinf::4robinm: 77% ↑
Robin is no ordinary swordsman (or swordswoman). She was my most wanted among the FE possibilities for that reason, and did not disappoint as far as differentiating herself from the other FE characters. So glad we dodged the Chrom bullet.

:rosalina: 76% ↓
:4palutena: 75% ↓
:4greninja: 72% ↑
:4littlemac: 64% ↓
:4villager: 62% ↓
:4pacman: 48% ↓
:4mii: 40% ↑
:4lucina: 22% ↓
On the other hand, Lucina a quite ordinary swordswoman. Boring clone is boring. It remains to be seen who will be the cloniest of clones - her, or Dark Pit. As I said about Dark Pit: I'd trade her for Ganondorf getting one new, canonical special move (like Dead Man's Volley).

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Newcomer Satisfaction: Part 4 - The Finale

Yet Another Sword User
100% - To clone or not to clone? That is the question...that is irrelevant to my score, because clone or not, Lucina is cool. She's got a mask that can be taunt-toggled like Guile in Street Fighter, her Marth-inspired moveset is more balanced for people who want to train as Marth but can't quite get the Tipped Hit, and was completely a bonus character, so it's not like her inclusion meant someone else had to be cut instead. Whoo!

Yet Another Sword User
100% - Robin was quite the mold-breaker this game, huh? Just like Wii Fit Trainer crushed everyone's predictions and fake "leaks" (though not all), Robin was the character to finally slap that silly Gematsu leak quite a few people took as the only future for the game's roster (technically, Lucina was the one to do that, but she doesn't really count since she wasn't planned to be a separate character from the start.) In addition, Robin's quirk of having super-powerful moves at the expense of limited uses (and is our first character that can use Smash Attacks in the air!) is one of the most interesting movesets i've seen.

Yet Another Sword User
100% - Now it's Shulk time, i'm really feeling it! Jokes aside, Shulk's stat-mutating via Monado Arts will be super useful, and his giant melee reach is pretty unheard of, especially as a character with no projectiles. The idea that his counter decreases the active time after each use in exchange for more counterhit power on successive uses is also pretty nifty. Shulk's gonna be one to watch come tournament time, just like Mac and Robin.

Grand List:
:4villager: Villager (Animal Crossing) :4villager: - 100%
:4megaman: Mega Man (Mega Man Classic) :4megaman: - 100%
:4wiifit: Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit) :4wiifit: - 100%
:rosalina: Rosalina & Luma (Mario) :rosalina: - 100%
:4littlemac: Little Mac (Punch-Out!!) :4littlemac: - 100%
:4greninja: Greninja (Pokémon) :substitute: - 100%
:4mii: Mii Fighters (Miscellaneous/Super Smash Bros.) :4mii: - 100%
:4palutena: Palutena (Kid Icarus) :4palutena: - 100%
:4pacman: Pac-Man :4pacman: - 100%
:4lucina: Lucina (Fire Emblem) :4lucina: - 100%
:4robinm: Robin (Fire Emblem) :4robinf: - 100%
:4shulk: Shulk (Xenoblade) :4shulk: - 100%

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Robin: 65% zoning characters are boring to me. Robins playstyle brings 0 hype for me, but his new mechanics are cool.

Lucina: 2.5% Marth without the fun part. I actually don't really like this addition, it kinda feels useless. A watered down Marth isn't exactly mind blowing. It doesn't help that she looks almost exactly like Marth and wears similar clothing.
Shulk: 95% On the other hand shulk looks awesome! A good balance of power and range as well as a unique concept. I'm hyped for shulk.

D

Deleted member

After reading through all of these posts so far, (yes, I'm that guy) I feel a bit "unworthy"(couldn't really think of anything else) because I've never played Xenoblade or Awakening, but still like the characters. Not to mention that I only managed to write out huge paragraphs to express extreme dislike, unlike @Brawler610

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Lucina: 0% I am very sad. I love clones in smash, and am probably the only person in the world to do so. However, she seems like too much of a clone. If I am understanding correctly, she has the exact same moveset as Marth, but her sword has even power instead of Marth's tipper mechanic. Not only that, but I hate Lucina as a character. She is the only character that I don't like in Awakening. She and Chrom both have very generic personalities, which is fine. However, I don't like Lucina's. No, it's not the fact that she's a girl. I love female representation in video games. Aversa, Nowi, Panne, Anna, Noire, and Olivia are all some of my favorite characters. I just don't like her. Also, this thing ticks me off: Sakaria said that he didn't add Chrom because he would be just "another blue-haired swordwielder". He didn't think that Chrom would be unique. Then he adds Lucina, the closest thing to a clone that we've had yet, into the game. What the heck? Why? I know that people can't even begin to understand Sakaria, but this is ridiculous! Oh, well. I guess that being a female is more important than being the main character. I get it.

Robin: 50% I like Robin. He is a cool character in Awakening, and he seems like a cool character in smash. I don't like his weapon mechanic, but it does stay true to the game, so eh. However, I love the rest of his moves. I love making him a Sorcerer or Dark Knight and giving him Nosferatu or the Levin Sword respectively (Get a character really leveled up, and they will be broken with Nosferatu/Aversa's Night). I'm happy that both of these weapons are in his moveset. I'm still sad that Chrom isn't in, but I do use Robin much more in-game. All-in-all, I'm neutral to his inclusion.

Shulk: 100% The only other character besides Little-Mac that I truly love. I like his stance-changing moveset and I love everything else about him. His trailer was epic and I love that they got the old voice actor to do his voice. I don't have any personal attatchment to him, so I don't have much to say, but I hope to see him as one of my mains when the game comes out. I plan on being a competitive player, and most characters with a moveset like this end up being high-tier once people unlock their true potential (reference to the Monodo not on purpose). So, I hope to have at least one high tier character up my sleave if Bowser and Ganondorf are both flops (again).

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Figured I would post this here:
Ha, I'm about to do the same thing to. I'm actually buying the JPN version on the Eshop on Friday, because I don't want yall to spoil Mewtwo's return for me!

There are two people I'd really like to thank, them being @ Groose Groose and @andimidna cause without them, I know I wouldn't have had as much fun on the boards as I've had this entire time. It's been exactly since last Christmas since I joined. I heard a guy on Gamefaqs has a friend who is giving him a copy today, so I'm hurrying up to disappear. I may slyly put up my Roster Satisfaction in RMC later tonight, but that will most likely be my final post here until the day of wrecking.

I'd really like to thank every one! I know I had some whiny moments about Micaiah, Pac Man, the Ice Climbers, the Koopalings, and more, but I think I've made some really good friends out of all you guys. It's been a blast! And I can't wait to kick your butts in Smash, since you know, I get a head start! I hope you guys have a fun time on JPN release day

Just remember. This isn't goodbye. It's just a see ya later. I love you guys!

Thanks!

The Light Music Club!!!!

I'd like to post a clip from the show my name came from as well:

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Grand List:
:4villager: Villager (Animal Crossing) :4villager: - 100%
:4megaman: Mega Man (Mega Man Classic) :4megaman: - 100%
:4wiifit: Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit) :4wiifit: - 100%
:rosalina: Rosalina & Luma (Mario) :rosalina: - 100%
:4littlemac: Little Mac (Punch-Out!!) :4littlemac: - 100%
:4greninja: Greninja (Pokémon) :substitute: - 100%
:4mii: Mii Fighters (Miscellaneous/Super Smash Bros.) :4mii: - 100%
:4palutena: Palutena (Kid Icarus) :4palutena: - 100%
:4pacman: Pac-Man :4pacman: - 100%
:4lucina: Lucina (Fire Emblem) :4lucina: - 100%
:4robinm: Robin (Fire Emblem) :4robinf: - 100%
:4shulk: Shulk (Xenoblade) :4shulk: - 100%
Those satisfaction scores.......Wow.
I think we all know who's looking forward to this game the most. :)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lucina: 0%. Also, this thing ticks me off: Sakaria said that he didn't add Chrom because he would be just "another blue-haired swordwielder". He didn't think that Chrom would be unique. Then he adds Lucina, the closest thing to a clone that we've had yet, into the game. What the heck? Why? I know that people can't even begin to understand Sakaria, but this is ridiculous! Oh, well. I guess that being a female is more important than being the main character. I get it.
There is so much misinformation in this post. :urg:

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Alright. Let's go.

:4lucina:: 75%

This might come off as strange because I talk mostly negative about her despite somewhat high rating.

In Awakening, I didn't take much look to Lucina as a character. Within that, Lucina didn't really impress me first after hearing how she is basically a less technical Marth. However, SSB4 made me spark interest to research her deeper.

Guess what, I'm now even more annoyed that she's merely a clone... her character and popularity could have earned her even better substitute to Chrom for the "lord"-representation from Awakening, expect being more of a semi-clone to Marth instead of fill clone.

But to be fair, griping about this is difficult, as there's the customization to help me modify characters' attrivutes and special moves further. Also there's the fact that I tended to like Marth's combo ability, but his KO:ing ability was rather reliant on tippers.
All this would alleviate my issues on Lucy being a clone, as she would prove more balanced and effective alternative to Marth for my way of playing (and customizing her further to make her unique from the Hero King).
I still ain't very happy with her being planned initially as "Female Marth" in a nutshell to Marth, but when picking all the bright sides, it's all good.

:4robinm:: 95%

This guy was really, REALLY difficult to rate through all the things I looked through him, and how my impressions about him changed over time, taking also account my desires to FE-representation and my activity involving it. But how so, if I gave him easily over ninety percents and more?

Before around 3 years to this day, I wasn't entirely keen to try Fire Emblem. Reading how it is a strategy game series sounded like brain-frying business, and had me bit anxious on doing well with it.

Then came a day when my little brother got a copy of FE7 from somewhere and played it on a Gameboy Advance we had received from our cousins years ago (with heavily bent up cartridge of Metroid: Zero Mission in it).
Strangely, my bro dropped interest quick, so I picked the game up instead.

As many might expect, the experience was unforgettable, especially for a first timer to the series. I think I never felt so close to a fictional character like that in my life (Lyn) when her story ended. I remember loving Florina to the point that I wanted to have her as my first official waifu (because damn, she's a killer and beyond cutiepie...). I also loved Nino and Lucius a lot, mostly due being such bombastic magic users. And Rebecca + most of the Myrmidon-classes due killing with no sweat. TBH, I loved every one of my well-grown units.
Speaking of units, I remember how I was the "tactician", which sounded a neat intergration of the player to the game, and had me remember what my figurative role was in the game in means of mechanics.

After clearing the whole game, playing Smash-games featuring Fire Emblem felt pretty dissonant and had me in complaints. Why didn't the series take more inspirations or things native to FE more account in Smash? I was most baffled with not much of the classes appearing in Smash in any form, aside from swordsmen. And don't get me started on blind fandom depictions based on mere impressions and foundations through Smash, which again, didn't portray FE the way it truly was.

Around those times, Awakening was gonna approach near to outerstate shores. I tried the demo and was determined to get the game. The character creation seemed the name of the game, but after playing FE7, I wasn't too foreign to the concept. Besides, I loved how balanced and just fitting to my tastes, was the Tactician-class by having both magic and swords to use. I'm usually the type to take both choices and wanted to be a mage if I ever was in a fantasy world. Heck, I loved that critical quote I "had" as MU due being Libra as horoscope.
("Time to tip the scales!")

Cue the time to wait the release for Europe to April 2013, but it was worth it. Playing the game first time while eating B&J's Karamel Sutra was just dreamy. While so far my first clearthrough was on Casual due wanting to research ins and outs of the game, it felt pretty great- had me tears sometimes. (Namely Lucina's full reveal and Emmeryn's Death)
After discovering it's deeper mechanics though, I came to realization that Awakening felt more like "Fire Emblem: Pokemon Edition" to me.
The game seemed to favour grinding over strategy and most of the time the stages weren't as engaging in architecture, objectives, and structure of clearing as FE7.
No wonder I would drop the game in the middle after abusing the DLC-stuff to make most of my units, including Spotpass, OP as much as I could. Through EXPonential Growth and Golden Gaffe, no less...

In midst of all this was SSB4 being announced under development. When it came to FE-reps about it, I was under the thought that we'll be getting Chrom as the next representative with no question.
I guess because if last Smash-games were indication, Sakurai and his dev team didn't just seem to care portraying FE in true light. This even had me not take in attention the supporters of Robin/Avatar (and be aware of what he'd be like in Smash - I guess because he was a blank slate based on the players + could be anything as a character.)
Gematsu-leak now becoming more and more of a yet-to-be-disprovable leak basically laid a golden pavement to him to Smash, which had me be pretty much indifferent to any other FE-reps being Smash- in top of already ruining any further speculation. I didn't really complain or been against Chrom though, more on below.

However, I was approached few times with the idea of a mage user, Avatar/MyUnit in particular, being Smash 4 at Tumblr, which I expressed huge interest on. I really would have found it excitable and interesting to use magic from FE in Smash.
At the end, I found it a pipe dream at best - and something I didn't feel much regretful to see. (and even then, I preferred a lord with foundation to being a mage, namely Micaiah.).

So on Chrom. I really liked him because of his compassionate and straight, but dorky man personality. I agreed however that he seemed not clear, unique and even if excitable in means of moveset potential, being probable to oversaturate what made Marth and Ike work so well. On the flipside, I wish people gave him more chance, maybe because out of pity. Ironically didn't bother reading much of the movesets made for him, haha.
In short, I was merely a silent supporter of Chrom when it came to FE, and just wanted to see how things end to FE's representation without much biased opinions.

So cue the day when Shulk was meant to be revealed from some guy tweeting about him, I stated how Chrom might be shown sometime sooner, and perhaps prove his naysayers he could be unique.

Boy, was I wrong.

Robin bringing the thunder to just crush those leaks to oblivion.

Lucina waking her blade.

While I felt indifferent, but happy to those who wanted to see Robin during his reveal, the gameplay had me go full-on squeeing.
Robin got Fire Emblem right. And by use of magic, to my personal happy surprise.
I always thought he said "Which is why I carry my love in sword". Funny thing, I know.

I wondered what was Chrom's condition gonna be at the end of the trailer. Seeing him lay down there had me quite anxious, anticipating would he be just not given any clear saying on his role. Until he was shown as Final Smash.
I thought he was gonna be a clone or alternate look to Ike, akin to Male Wii Fit Trainer.
It was like a dream come true. Sakurai delivered the wishes to all FE's fanbases.
It felt like a true celebration to be an FE-fan.

Man, weren't I wrong.

After the info came out about the true outcome... started the absolutely unpleasant era of me realizing how truly salty and sociopathic Smash Bros-fandom truly was. And Sakurai while at it.

The jabs to Chrom were relentless on the internet. It was Mewtwo/Daisy in NOT-Smash ****ery all over again. But this was the most biggest of it all. I'm not a fella with good sense of humour regardingt stock sociopathy humor and schadenfreude. My heart's too big for that sort of business.

The memes and Sakurai's actions on "ruining Chrom" had me ranting and pretty down big time, and it was even worse after seeing his fans getting jabbed on too. One of them was my close friend who really, really loved him. In short, being a Chrom-fan sucked. Being Chrom in Smash sucked. HARD.

Due this, Robin was difficult to approach now as a character: I felt big-time resentment and indignation towards him him. This guy being in Smash made Chrom basically fall down as anything reputable, turning him to a full-on laughing stock dorky loser. Emphasis on "loser", by the way.
To his naysayers, he was now "brought to the spotlight he belonged", as a bland supporting character to true protagonist of Awakening (Robin), and was merely bandwagoned on.

Yay. Yahoo. I really love you Smash Bros-fandom.

Honestly, even today I'm still wary of these sort of fans.

It was quite difficult times. I needed time to "heal", sort of. :rolleyes:
(Seems like I can be really affectionate of fellas being ****ted on, yeah).

After talking myself dry about Smash-fandom's saltiness, and defending fellow Chrom-supporters from rather mean-spirited Robin-fans, especially the "smartasses heeding the sheer irony" on Chrom-supporters (:glare: @ False Sense False Sense :glare: ), I decided to take a look more on Robin himself into his thread.

To my big suprise, I got to hear how his fans were basically bullied minority as supporters, essentially explaining their behaviour back to Chrom's supporters after the fateful day of July 14th.
Never the less, I still expressed how they should have kept their cool and not act like the Chrom-fans winning back on them (if things went their way), but apologized on their behalf.
It was sad to hear how much of a obscenely mean and rabid bandwagon Chrom had in reality after all. Not all fans, but majority of them.

Even then, Robin still felt pretty foreign to me. He was a guy I wasn't really acquainted with as a character of his own from before: after all, I was MU in my clearthrough, and wasn't much aware of him around then.
I think it felt like the guy took all who I was in Awakening and molded it up to his own character - you know, having "my" powers, memories of the plot in the game, involvement with it, etc. Strange, really.

I guess it felt like forging a "new friendship" of sorts, so to speak. The guy was such an individual of his own background now.

Luckily, it was easier to gain positive liking to him than I thought. Firstly, all the above meant he was his own character instead merely "Avatar" : something I really appreciated due definitely not taking it well to have 4 blank slate characters in Smash.
Secondly, seeing how just well he represented FE in creative ways, right in top of being my fave class from Awakening, made me pick the guy up again from the great impressions I remembered about him.
As time went on, I saw just more and more how he made sense as a FE-rep I wanted to see in Smash in PERSONAL wishes: he felt like a nice legacy gift from my times on becoming an FE-fan.
Remembering how MyUnit was a thing in FE12 as well, I was sure other players in Japan would have felt the same.

I also researched about peoples' own thoughts on him as his own sole character through personality showing in his own game (or through me being MU), which made me become interested to him. Reading enough that stuff, he actually started reminded of a certain Finn friend that hanged out with my lil bros!
He also shared some character strenghts and flaws with me, mainly the calculative and smart mind and humbleness out of low self-confidence. And while at it, I discovered a new ship through M!Robin x Chrom. Robin X Lucina has me in feels as well.

Some more time went. I guess I still felt downbeat due the outcome on my silently supported FE-rep,
Then came interviews.

After reading Sakurai's reasonings on how Chrom didn't work from the gameplay perspective compared to Robin affecting not-easy-choice to the FE-newcomer, yet seeing him at the same importance and fondness as the lords before him... I had some moment of peace. Decided it was time to bury negativity, ignore the guys ****ting on Chrom and just stick to the now.
As of late, Chrom cameoing also in Robin's victory pose surprised me happily, helping me finally move on from the times I found myself not enjoying SSB4 due it's director and fandom. I finally was able to embrace Robin in full arms. *Wishes he could do it for real*

I do wonder if to regret the things coming the way they were, me not even taking a single look to Robin and just sticking to Chrom out of fondness to him and avoiding disappointment.
But I have to admit, they wouldn't have gone other way because well, after not getting beloved fellas like Starfy or Toad, I just decided to give up on my personal wishes on the roster and avoid disappointment by apathetic bandwagoning at worst.
Who knows though, if I did check on the threads, I bet I would have sticked on Robin even more than with Chrom due getting jabbed and name-calling on from his dumber fans. Mostly defending him though.
(Well, I personally don't enjoy any jabbing of sort).

But what matters the most is that Robin is definitely, my unrealized FE-rep of dreams come true: a magic (sword) user, who also brings FE the way it should be. And even more, he's someone I can identify with as a tactician, player or class and reminisce my times of becoming a true FE-fan.
At the same time, a boy with an enigma and background to explore anew after laying down indignation on him, making him this excitable acquintance and newcomer to pick-up in this game. But at this point, I've noticed it's becoming a recurring thing to me to happen after Villager and Greninja being these sort of unexpected "acquintances" too (and
to follow, hopefully).

I hope we get to develop these bonds when the game comes out... so to speak. He still feels like new but absolutely likeable, relatable and respectable friend of sorts. Also his silver hair pretty boy look has me jealous and grumbling. What a looker. *Holds his cheeks*

So yeah, with all that, 95%. 5 out due Sakurai's actions on Chrom in initial trailer where Robin popped out, and how internet came to be on him after. Rest is just everything I wished him and FE-repping to be in all honesty.

:4shulk:: 90%

I never got to play Xenoblade much, aside from playing this broken copy I got from my "friend". Our friendship didn't last long since.
However, I managed to play the miniscule beginning to recognize Shulk's funny way of jumping and use of Back Slash in his trailer.
Anyway, Shulk looks just bombastic. His Monado Stances give him such awesome versatilty that I'm hungering to explore and learn to use in situations that ask for them. Not to mention his Monado having crazy range that puts Marth to shame today.
His gameplay and moveset made me think a lot of :roypm: in Project M, which I hope will make for a seamless transition to pick him up as a replacement main. Wonder when to get Xenoblade on my own though. Perhaps when New 3DS comes.

Phew. I wonder when to write the previous newcomers I didn't do analysis for...

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Oh right there is another thing I'm glad about with Lucina being her own character instead of a Marth alt: there would be even more jokes about Marth being a woman and I am completely sick of them. Poor Marth doesn't deserve that especially since he looks decidedly less feminine looking in Smash 4 than in Brawl.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh right there is another thing I'm glad about with Lucina being her own character instead of a Marth alt: there would be even more jokes about Marth being a woman and I am completely sick of them. Poor Marth doesn't deserve that especially since he looks decidedly less feminine looking in Smash 4 than in Brawl.
Wait, what? Marth isn't a woman? My whole life has been a lie :c!

Bonus Round: :4marth: Satisfaction 0%: "He", the "guy" who wears a tiara, [:grrr:] isn't a woman! We need more girls in Smash Bros! And now one was taken away from us! SAKURAI!!!

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
:4robinm:: 100%
He was my most wanted newcomer, but I just expected basic swordplay with some magic sprinkled in. I didn't expect for him to be the love letter to Fire Emblem that he is. Between his animations, tome mechanics, and tome selections, he's a perfect FE rep. On top of that, while I was afraid that he'd be a middle-man who was a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none, he's turning out to be remarkable so far with his Levin Sword and the fact that his weakness wasn't even as significant as it first seemed.

:4lucina:: 99%
This was a surprise for me. Prior to her announcement, I had thought that she had no chance or place in Smash Bros- especially if Robin and Chrom existed. However, since Robin already fills the "new FE rep" slot, Lucina is just icing on the cake. I didn't expect to be so hyped to play as her, but for some reason, the thought of playing as one of my favorite FE:A characters has hyped me enought to accept her shortcomings. Yeah, it'd be nice if she had her own unique animations, but since she's more of a bonus character, I'm okay with her as she is (but that did cost her 1%).

:4shulk:: 95%
Another surprise. Swordsmen are fun and all... wait, what am I saying? Swordsmen have always been my favoite Smash Bros characters. While I was looking forward to Shulk already, something about his reveal trailer just clicked with me. He went from being a "nice to have" character to a "potential main/sub-main." The technique behind his Arts, the reach of his sword, and his accent all have thrown me into the Shulk Fanclub despite having never played Xenoblade before.

edit: And with >95% for all of these guys, don't think that I'm just stupidly easy to please. These three are actually the characters that I'm looking forward to the most. Anyone else should be lower, but these three are exceptions.

Last edited:

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Lucina: At first I thought it would be interesting to give her Roy's qualities but after getting info on the game's final build it seems Marth inherited Roy's old playstyle (Buffed ground game, weaker air game, stronger counter ratio) so now I expect her to play similar to Melee/Brawl Marth. Lack of a tipper may be better since Lucina won't have to rely on it to get KOs.

Robin: Robin has one of the better movesets ever created in Smash, he came out way better than most expected. Not a huge fan of the magic swordsman thing myself but I'll use him sometimes.

Shulk: Shulk was leaked multiple times so unfortunately he didn't have much of a surprise factor but it was still nice to see him officially confirmed. His moveset is pretty good, his godlike range will make him the new spacing king (Sorry Marth) his mode switching makes him slightly unpredictable and harder to counter since he can simply switch modes to fit any situation it will be exciting to see what people do with him.

All 3 get 100%.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just want to post my final scores, since I missed the E3 2014 batch.

:rosalina:OVER 9000%
:4megaman:100%
:4mii:100%
:4palutena:95%
:4villager:90%
:4shulk:90%
:4robinm:/:4robinf:90%
:4littlemac:80%
:4wiifit:70%
:4pacman:70%
:4greninja:60%
:4lucina:0% (Olimar's Alph costume spoiled any merit she had in my eyes in her current state, and I don't like how they have messed up Marth to make her similar to his old self, and without the tipper. Should have kept Marth all speedy and such, and given her the Alph treatement).

SmashWarrior202

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smashmatt202
3DS FC
1633-4497-7356
Robin Satisfaction: 100% - I was expecting Chrom to be in the game, and honestly, I was disappointed by the prospect of yet another blue-haired sword-fighting lord being the only new Fire Emblem character we'll be getting over, say, a character that can use magic, and not in the way Zelda or Peach supposedly use magic. So imagine my surprise when I see Robin get confirmed! The use of his tomes is unique, creative, and an excellent shout-out to the series he's from, not to mention they just look awesome in general, as does his Levin Sword! He looks so awesome, I'm probably going to main him! Like, I hope I'll be able to get the hang of him...

Lucina Satisfaction: 80% - I have no problems with clones at all. I mostly don't like them because everyone throws one big hissy fit about them. I feel like, so long as there are SOME differences between the characters, even if they're minor, I have no problem with them whatsoever. Also, you may be wondering why I'm so satisfied with Lucina after I said I'd be unsatisfied with another blue-haired sword-fighting lord? Well that's because Robin's playable, and whoever else we get would be just icing on the cake. Honestly, I like Lucina better then Chrom, though I'd be fine with either or. I think I like Lucina over Chrom purely because everyone was expecting Chrom and Sakurai was all like "PSYCHE!!!" So yeah, no problems from me!

Shulk Satisfaction: 90% - Surprised to see so many people unsatisfied with Shulk. I get that not many have played Xenoblade Chronicles, but I don't think you necessarily have to know the characters to appreciate who they are or what kind of awesome moveset they have. Hell, I suggest/want half a dozen characters from games I've never played before because I think they look cool. But Shulk's a particular case. Shulk is from a game that almost didn't get released in America, and I thought including him would be a nice wink to western Xenoblade fans. Sure, he was likely chosen because he was a popular choice form Japanese fans, and the fact that his game was, indeed, released in the west made it a non-issue of whether or not a Japanese-exclusive character would alienate players (not that it was a problem for Marth, Roy, or Lucas, but whatever). Regardless, this is an excellent choice all the same... even though, yeah, I do find him and the game he represents rather strange, like if it weren't for the fact that Nintendo owns Monolith Studios, I probably would say he feels out of place or doesn't belong... Incidentally, I reserved and bought Xenoblade Chronicles to show my support for the game, and while I gave up on it after barely making it past the prologue, I just might get back to it now that Shulk's confirmed!

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
:4lucina:: 20%
I love Lucina in Awakening, one of my favorite characters, but I can't stand that she seems to be the cloniest of all the clones we've ever seen in Smash. As someone who was a pretty big Chrom supporter, what rubs extra salt in the wound is that just about every idea I had for him could also be applied to her quite easily. There's still a lot of elements from Fire Emblem that the current representatives have left untouched, such as the weapon triangle (made even easier to apply to a single character now thanks to Awakening's class change system), or expanding on the skills system. I understand that she was a last minute addition, but she could have at least been as different from Marth as Toon Link is to Link, and everything Sakurai has said about her thus far has given me the impression that the only difference between the two is that Lucina lacks Marth's tipping mechanic.

:4robinm::4robinf:: 95%
These two I have no problem with what so ever. A bit of story time: back before Ike was confirmed to be returning, I always said that Fire Emblem was definitely worthy of having at least three characters this time around, and I considered both Chrom and Robin to be quite likely to make it in. After Ike was shown, however, I kind of lost faith in Robin's chances. I personally considered Chrom to be the more likely of the two. That said, I'm more than happy to have Robin in. His moveset looks unique and interesting, and does a very good job in representing aspects of Fire Emblem that Marth, Roy, and Ike have failed to do so far. The lack of five points comes from the fact that I never cared all that much for their default designs, and wish there was a way to transfer the designs in our avatar log books into the game, or at least have some alternate designs as their costumes (they did it for the villager out of a ton of options, so why not?).

:4shulk:: 100%
Now this is the character I have been most passionate about since Smash 4 was officially announced! Some more story time: Xenoblade Chronicles, as cheesy as it may sound, is a game that in many ways restored my faith in gaming. I first heard about Xenoblade, like many others here I'm sure, through the Operation Rainfall campaign. However, I had no interest in Xenoblade at the time. I supported Rainfall for The Last Story, mainly due to hearing that it was created by the man who created Final Fantasy himself. When I preordered Xenoblade it wasn't due to me being genuinely interested in the game, but because I thought it would increase TLS's chances of being localized. When TLS was confirmed to be getting a localization, I genuinely considered cancelling my preorder, although thankfully I decided against it. When I picked up Xenoblade, I didn't know a thing about it other than what I could gather from the manual on the car ride home. I poped that game into my Wii with no idea what to expect, and it was glorious. I was blown away at the sheer size of the game. One of my biggest complaints with modern day RPGs (games in general really) was that they were sacrificing so much of the grand and ambitious scale of games I had played in previous generations just to have a game that looks prettier. It felt like grand adventures like the one's I'd experienced growing up were becoming a dying breed. Xenoblade hit all the right notes for me. I wish I could go into more detail, but that would most likely end up in me venturing into spoiler territory. Let me just say that I don't think my jaw has ever dropped quite like it did when I first entered the Bionis Leg.

On Shulk himself, I have a much easier time relating to him than I do most other JRPG protagonists. Lets just say, if Xenoblade had gone the route of almost every other JRPG I've seen, Reyn would have most likely been the main character rather than Shulk. Shulk's not the average, muscle bound, ignorant "chosen one" archetype that many RPG protagonists fall into. Shulk's a nerdy weapon's development expert, who openly admits he'd much rather be in his lab than most anywhere else. He's the party's glass cannon, who's better off waiting for the right moment to strike rather than charge into a situation head first. It's only when the Mechon attack his home town after a year of peace, and take something important away from him, that he decides it's time to leave out on his journey. He doesn't pretend like he's on some noble quest to save his people, he openly admits that revenge is his driving force when he first starts out. And while it does turn out that he is a "chosen one" of sorts due to being the Heir to the Monado, lets just say that things don't turn out for him like they do in the typical chosen one story you see in a lot of games. Overall Xenoblade just felt like it did an excellent job in subverting or averting many of the common tropes I've seen in the JRPGs I've played, and it's world and character did more to capture my imagination than a game has in who knows how many years, and I'm more than glad that it's getting more exposure thanks to Smash. The text leaks didn't quite sell me on the idea of his Monado Arts serving as stat changes, but the footage of him we've seen so far has done more than enough to convince me of it. Every bit of his appearance in Smash so far has been a love letter to Xenoblade fans.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
:4robinm::95%.
If he was confirmed before Lucina I will be more hyped. He is probably one of the highly requested characters to the FE fans, a better option than Chrom.

:4lucina::80%.
Althought a little disappointed to found out that she was just a Marth clone but to give the Gemtsu leak a punch, nice choice.

:4shulk::75%.
Had it not been the leaks I will love Shulk even more. Can't wait to use him.

My other newcomer rates:
:4megaman::100%
:4pacman::100%
:rosalina::100%
:4villager::96%
:4palutena::96%
:4greninja::90%
:4mii::67%
:4wiifit::53%

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'd like to apologize for anything I may have said or done that has in any way offended you or caused you to dislike Robin.

Now, as for my ratings...

:4lucina: Lucina Satisfaction: 75%

I'm not a huge fan of having four Fire Emblem characters or Lucina being a clone character, but since she clearly took very little development time, and since I do really like her as a character, I'm glad that she was lucky enough to be on the roster.

:4robinm: Robin Satisfaction: 100%

I'd go more in depth about why this is my absolute favorite newcomer so far... But that's for another day, I think. For now, I'll just quote what I said last time.

Robin is my most wanted newcomer (not counting Mewtwo). I've supported him/her ever since I've joined here. I've written pages upon pages of arguments and defenses and analyzed every little bit of evidence that could possibly matter, all for him/her. Even in the face of the Gematsu leak, even when everyone (no, seriously, everyone) said Robin was impossible and we were in denial, we Robin supporters believed that hope would never die and that anything could potentially change. And now, it's all come to fruition. I was right. WE were right. And our beloved tactician has finally tipped the scales in favor of a bright future for Smash.

I cannot even begin to describe how amazing this is. But I'm sure my fellow tacticians understand.
Though I will say that the amount of high satisfactions ratings I'm seeing is really quite astonishing. Before he/she was revealed, Robin was a character usually deemed as "overrated," and most were either neutral to him/her, or outright stated that Robin was one of their least wanted characters. It's kind of nice seeing a lot of those same people with completely different perspectives. :estatic:

:4shulk: Shulk Satisfaction: 100%

I unfortunately didn't get a chance to play Xenoblade Chronicles until late in speculation, but ever since I did I really wanted to see Shulk in Smash. I think he's an excellent addition to the roster, and one that may be a potential main for me. I did consider taking off a few points due to Shulk doing a few odd things in his move set, like occasionally using the Monado as a blunt weapon, punching and kicking, and using a few Monado Arts that don't actually exist, but in the end that's not enough to make me any less satisfied with his inclusion.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
QUESTION. If there is a character reveal on the 12th, will we get a RTC epilogue, or will it just end because of the release date?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'd like to apologize if anything I've said or done has in any way offended you or caused you to dislike Robin.
I'm sure you know what those acts of yours were. I think.
But apologies accepted!

Though I understand wholeheartedly that you guys had your reasons. And maybe I just had my own sense of humor that, like again, didn't approve needless jabbing. But all is good now, and I'm glad for that.

I just hope something like this won't be repeated in the future- but knowing Smash-fandom, I might be asking too much. :rolleyes:

But moving on!

:4robinm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom