• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
:4mii:Mii Fighter: 20%
Will probably be amusing to create certain Miis and battle each other, but that's about it. They seem pretty bland in my opinion.

:4palutena:Palutena: 70%
Her custom moves look very interesting and she'll probably play well. Never played Kid Icarus though so I'm not all that excited for her.

:4pacman:Pac-man: 60%
If what Zipzo says is true (Pac-man playing like in Brawl), then I'll probably never play as him. Still pretty cool to have him, Mario, Sonic and Megaman all in the same game.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
:substitute:-100000000000000%
:4megaman:-100%
:4lucina:-100&
:4greninja:-100%
:4mii:-100%
I think that the inclusion of Miis is really cool. I like their moves, their look, the idea behind it, I love it! sword fighter looks like it has cool quick but powerful enough sword moves, which I can't equate to many other characters, as well as cool projectiles. Their trailer was awesome. Gunner looks very interesting. A projectile based moveset in a similar power to samus but with a blaster buster like fox + Megaman. It's really cool. I also like the *POP* sound effect that the blasts have. Brawler looks fun to play as with the aerial moves it has. I'm primary projectile/aerial fighter, so I can't help but like all 3 of the Miis very much.
:4palutena:-100%
Palutena. She looks very interesting to use! I love her projectile attacks, and her various moves look interesting. The nonflinch light one looks fun. The fireworks, rocket barrier jumpglide EVERYTHING looks fun to use! Well, actually Rocket jump didn't look that appealing, but I can just change it to jumpglide. Oh, and her trailer was awesome! Like every other one.
:4pacman:-100%
Pac-man looks really cool. His classic moves look really fun to use, especially the smashes, fire hydrant, and pac dots. He has an awesome design, and his trailer was very exciting!
:4robinm::4robinf:-100%
:rosalina:-100%
:4shulk:-100%
:4villager:-100%
:4wiifit:-95%
:4littlemac:-90%

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
:4palutena: 85%: Although something was off with her initial appearance, I have cooled off on those feelings. I love the idea of her using KI:U powers, and her trailer was also great. My only question is does Link have to appear in every trailer?

I also the voices at the end mean we get conversations between the KI:U characters as like Snake codecs.
:4pacman: 71%: The idea of Pac-Man being in the game is much more exciting than watching him play. The trailer really sells well that Pac-Man is only one of a few iconic video game characters at that level, and that have been there since their creation. Out of the four, he has been the one whose coasted the most on his initial appearances, but who's keeping track.

But his moveset feels lackluster and random. Why does he shoot out the ghosts that used to kill him on site for example? It just feels like a stretch was necessary to give him a strong moveset. Which is fine, because there is something very powerful in seeing Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man all fighting together.
:4mii: 70%: The concept of the Mii Fighters is great. Sure, they don't use too many element from like Wii Sports, but that doesnt matter because of what they offer. It will be fun to create and edit different versions. People may be against the concept, but I think most people who love fun will be ecstatic to create and fight these with their friends. Also, I can't wait for the youtube video that are all like: "Obama vs Bush in SSB4!"

When I create one, I might make a SSB4 reveal shot that says "Jay talks!"

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
:4palutena:Palutena: 50%.:4palutena:
Sorry, but I have never really liked this character. I wouldn't advocate for her removal or anything, but the fact she gets 12 unique custom moves while no one else does leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

:4mii:Mii Fighters: 10%. :4mii:
I don't need to elaborate, do I? I feel like they were a waste of space, having three movesets that look somewhat overpowered, and having such in-depth customization. Additionally, as they are Miis, they are quite ugly, especially standing next to the beautiful HD characters. The 10% I gave comes from them not being usable in online play, and you being able to destroy hundreds of them in Multi-Man Smash.
At least my dream of having Jontron and Reggie in Smash sort of comes to fruition.

:4pacman:Pac-Man:80%.:4pacman:
This is one character I thought I would not like, but actually really did. I love his classic design, I think his move set is the right amount of silly, and his trailer was really awesome and well done.
Also, I'm sure @ Pacack Pacack lost his mind and that thought is hilarious.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
:4palutena: 100%
She's turning out to be quite a character.. move set is looking pretty good and grabs are supposedly chainable which is always good..

Mii fighters 80%
Eh..

Pacman 50%
Just was more of a fan of other Namco character's getting in before him..

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.
If you have rated these characters in Satisfaction, check to see what you've said!

Mii Fighters
Satisfaction:
-300% (0%)

Just no...
I knew that the Miis were somewhat inevitable, but I still didn't want them. I hate playing as a character that looks like me; in fact, my Mii on the Wii U and 3DS is a "o3o" face.
18s5vi6cfhrf1_normal_face.png

Yeah. I'm a handsome devil, aren't I?

I like playing the Wii series of games, but that's only because I play as video game characters like Luigi and whatnot; it makes the experience more comfortable.
When the trailer came on, I was immediately dehyped. Yes, it's the best way to introduce Miis and the fight between Reggie and Iwata was cool, but I knew what was going to come. It didn't help that Sakurai's justification to add them was because of the noise of the people who wanted characters like Goku rather than the actual demand.
These easily take the "crown" as the worst newcomers in Smash 4 for me. They are everything that I feared they would be and more.

Palutena
Satisfaction:
10%

I'm going to say this right now: I am incredibly indifferent on Palutena as a whole. When it came to the characters in Uprising, she didn't really stand out to me at all. I loved characters like Pit, Hades, and Viridi much more over her; she was funny at times, but she was a bit of a bore in my opinion and I hated how she sometimes treated Pit like a b*tch. In fact...
When she was mind controlled by the Chaos Kin, I really didn't care.

In terms of her trailer, this is by far the worst trailer of them all. I loved that they brought back one of the animators from the Kid Icarus anime for her trailer, but it was underwhelming since once you saw that Smash symbol and saw Palutena, you knew what was coming. There was no build-up at all. It is all, "Hey! Palutena is getting confirmed!" That alone removed a lot of interest or intrigue. She was honestly a poor choice to end the Digital Event on.
Lastly, her moveset. At first, I was hyped by it! However, I was hyped for the wrong reasons. You see, when I saw her use moves like Angelic Missile and Autoreticle, I thought those were her tilts or her smash attacks and was hyped by it. When I found out that those were just custom moves, my interest quickly faded away. Now we have a pretty uninteresting mess of a moveset.
The odd thing is that Kid Icarus: Uprising is my favorite game on the 3DS, so why am I so uninterested in Palutena in Smash? Heh... I guess I answered my own answer.
Let me put it this way. I prefer Dark Pit as the Kid Icarus newcomer over her.
Ouch

Wait, wait, wait. Let me summon someone...
@ Pacack Pacack
Pac-Man
Satisfaction:
90%

I don't have the strongest connection with Pac-Man; I've only played the arcade game. So, I was a bit indifferent on Pac-Man in Smash but I expected him regardless since he is Namco's mascot. That fact alone made him inevitable.
I thought that I wasn't going to be hyped by Pac-Man at all... boy was I wrong. I have to say, he is the best newcomer shown off at E3 this year. He doesn't get the full 100% since his moveset doesn't entirely interest me, but I know that his moveset is a giant love-letter to Namco and Pac-Man fans. I find what they did with him was pretty creative.
As for his trailer, I think that it's one of the best trailers that we've seen. It brings together four of video game's biggest icons into one video and it showcases what Pac-Man is capable of quite nicely. My only major issue with Pac-Man is why wasn't he shown off during the Invitational? Pac-Man is a massive name and this is a pretty hyped audience... why did you show him in an all-out Tweet fest?
Overall... I really like how Pac-Man came out and he exceeded my expectations. I'm glad that he got in, especially when his supporters now have the last laugh.

Oh boy! I've prepared something big for tomorrow! I can't wait!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Mii Fighters: 5%
Only due to the different outfits do they get a percentage higher than 1%.

Palutena: 10%
Probably one of the few people that do not like her inclusion. I don't mind her though.

Pac-Man: 80%
Thank God it's not his new design. Also, I was hoping to see some Pac-Man World material, like the Rev-Roll.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
:4mii: 50%
Well, here's one that nobody saw coming [/sarcasm] I was surprised they weren't in Brawl, so their appearance was pretty obvious for me. I do like that they're the most customizable characters, but I'll still probably not be using them. I've never been a big fan of the Mii artstyle in the first place. We've got cartoonish-but-at-least-look-human avatars on Xbox, and Nintendo gives us board game pieces with oversized heads and two floating balls for hands. I'll be playing Link, not myself as a Mii swordsman for two major reasons: 1. I'm lefty, which Mii is not, and 2. Fierce Deity Link is evidently finally a thing.
I've already saved Sakurai's Mii, in case I get any disappointments with future reveals. Just need to figure if he'd be a blaster, swordsman, or brawler.

:4palutena:95%
Even before the Kid Icarus bias was a thing, I was expecting her. And then, I wasn't disappointed to see her show up. he definitely adds another royal princess type character to the game, which is loads of fun in the first place. I'll knock a few points off since she's got more customization than any standard character, but she gets those back because I really liked her trailer (Come on, Link got to beat the **** out of Pit, so therefore it's good). I'm a bit curious on how the customization will work for everyone, but especially her (like, could you choose her four moves, then play against her as a CPU while she still uses the customs?)

:4pacman:70%
Another shocker here...the E3 reveals were all the type you could see coming from a mile away. Still, with Namco behind the game as well, it was pretty solid that Namco's main retro mascot would be popping by. Again, not disappointed by his inclusion, but I'll really have to see him in action.

Last edited:

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Miis: 50%
I like parts of this character, but as a whole? I really don't know... I'll have to play first to really gain an opinion here. Main priority ?/10

Palutena: 80%

I really have odd feelings to palutena. Really I just wanted a second Ki rep and she seemed the most likely so she is in my sig. I probably will remove her at some point when I have the heart to. Beyond that she seams cool... I guess? Main priority 7/10

Pac-man: 85%

At first I was like "why this guy?" but as I learned more I grew to like this character. He in my opinion is deserving of a come back so far. Main priority 8/10

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
:4mii: Mii Fighters satisfaction: 45 %
Yeah their moveset is generic, but Miis are supposed to be generic avatars in every games they appear in. At least they didn't choose a gimmicky moveset based on Wii Sports or Wii Play or something like that I feared. Their purpose is to be customisable, from special moveset to physics, and it's the best way to use Miis in Smash Brothers IMO. Overall I don't care much about Miis, I guess that I'll easily forget them and instead use actual characters.
Anyway, with their non-fixed physics and appearance, and the fact that they're not usable against anyone online, I personally don't count them on the roster. They're just bonus avatar characters IMO, just like in Mario Kart Wii.
Also the Iwata VS Reggie battle was awesome!

:4palutena: Palutena satisfaction: 60 %
Palutena was THE absolute shoe-in prior to her reveal. She had so much going for her, and little to nothing against. I watched her reveal trailer in live, and wasn't really hyped, because even though I thought that she was a shoe-in I personally didn't care much about her (I didn't play any Kid Icarus game), and her trailer wasn't really awesome, when I saw her just after the flame Smash symbol I immediately recognized her and my reaction was like "Oh, it's Palutena, so predictable". I was kinda confused during the gameplay part of her trailer, seriously she has so many moves! Later the mystery was solved because we learned that she has an unique characteristic as a fighter with her unique custom special moves instead of variations. But overall I'm fine with Palutena, even though she was predictable asides from the custom moves gimmick.

:4pacman: Pac-Man satisfaction: 78 %
Prior to his announcement Pac-Man was probably the potential newcomer I wanted the least, because even though I recognized his iconicness I had not a damn idea of his potential moveset, Mega Man and Sonic seemed enough as third-party for me, and I didn't want to see him with his modern design. He looked more like Assist Trophy material with his pizza shape for me. Fortunately, his special moveset seems to be inspired after all, he uses his retro design, and finally three third-parties isn't too much after all if they're all iconic characters. The idea of playable Pac-Man is growing on me, even though I don't find it amazing, I don't hate it anymore.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Mii Fighters: 20%

Don't like Miis, don't like how there's three of them, don't think I'll enjoy playing as any of them. Least favorite of the officially confirmed characters.

Palutena: 100%

I wanted another Kid Icarus character, and while Palutena isn't my favorite character (that would be Viridi), I thought she was the best choice. She was towards the very top of my wanted list but I'm happy enough with how she turned out to give her 100%.

Pac-Man: 70%

I didn't want Pac-Man, but I don't really remember why. I do like the character and I think it rounds out the third party quite nicely. What hampers my satisfaction is his moveset, as it's unlikely I'll use him often, but I'm still kind of happy he's there.

Also thank god it's not his newer design.

Satisfaction order so far:

:4villager: - 100%
:4megaman: - 100%
:4littlemac: - 100%
:4palutena: - 100%
:4greninja: - 90%
:rosalina: - 80%
:4pacman: - 70%
:4wiifit: - 30%
:4mii: - 20%

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
:4mii: 0%

I hate everything about them. I hate the fact that they are not actual characters, they are just people. I hate that they have 3 movesets. I hate that they have so many special moves that could have been used on other characters. I hate that you can't use them online. I hate that they will Not be balanced. I hate how they hogged up so many miiverse pics.

:4palutena: 30%

Im just not hyped by her at all idk why

:4pacman: 100%

Love him

SmashTwitcherii

Smash Rookie
NNID
OcarinaHero
:4mii:- 31%
I don't mind the Miis. They're an interesting idea for Smash.

:4palutena:- 86%
I am rather satisfied with Palutena being included. She'll most likely be one of my 2nd tier mains. (Yes, I have a tier for my usage of characters)

:4pacman:-50%

MEH. I don't mind Pacman being in. I JUST HAD to go fifty-fifty because...well...for reasons that would take too much of this post, as short as it is, and look it's filling up as I speak ever more!

Morbi

Scavenger
Mii Fighters: 100%

At first, I had my knee-jerk reaction that the community still maintains for some arbitrary reason unbeknownst to myself. After I realized that they were the most extensively explored characters, it became apparent that I should crawl out of my decadent corner of hatred and smell the Flower Town (appreciate what they truly offer). Basically, I learned to stop being such a little *****.

Palutena: 50%

Palutena was absolutely one of my most wanted... I regret that decision. Never has a character been butchered to such extremes. Honestly, she reminds me of a "Jack the Ripper" corpse that has had a few days to fester. Aesthetically, her model is ****. The voice-work was seemingly uninspired; however, it would have all been forgiven if she actually spoke unlike the vast majority of Nintendo characters that remain so silent and edgy, and people complain about Master Chief, for shame. I digress, the trailer gave me false hope and her reveal was quite lackluster as she was inadvertently compared to the least favorite newcomers wanted by the Smashboards community. Mii Fighters had the better trailer and Pac-Man hyped people up for some godforsaken reason (seeing as he was revealed through a ****ing GamExplain tweet). Apparently, the added heart to the character was just for "show" which makes it even worse as it sounded as though it might be boring ass in-game dialogue. The only good things to come out of that trailer were:

1. Link was not designed in Sakurai's repugnant design... for once. I will remember... never forget!
- But seriously, I cry myself to sleep every night when I see his design outside of Smash. I envy the other designs, I covet their inclusion over Sakurai's blind animator's version.
2. Dark Pit's allusion. Well... more like direct reveal if you ask me.

Pac-Man: 10%

He is certainly better in ever aspect imaginable. However, I am not one to bend over, spread, apply lubricant and take the popular opinion from behind. I did not want him before, and I would still prefer someone else. Zipzo's description of him sickens me further as his aerials were his least interesting attacks.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
:4mii:-30%
Honestly turned out a lot better than I expected them to be, moveset wise. However, I really don't like how they take up 3 character developement time, which is what really lowers the score for me. Eh, at least I can fight Sakurai Vs Reggie Vs Hercule Satan with them.

:4palutena:-90%
You have no idea how hyped I was for this trailer. Palutena's been one of my most wanted for quite some time, and she came back with a fun looking moveset and her personality. She even hinted at Dark Pit, which I am completely for.

:4pacman:-70%
While my hype has died down for Pac-Man some, it still isn't to the degree the Villager went. Pac-Man seems like he'd be a fun character to play as, but I don't have much experience with him in the past or really care that much for slow characters to give him a really high score.

andimidna

Smash Master
Like the other days, I hyped myself up before ratings by watching their trailers on my TV through the Wii U e-shop. Miis don't have one there though. Like I needed one to rate them!

In fact, I'll just get that out of the way.
:4mii: Overall Satisfaction: 1%
Mii Sword Fighter: 2%
I've enjoyed basically all sword fighters in Smash at some point, but these are noticeably the lamest. Link's Gale, Greninja's Shuriken? Why are you guys even here? We didn't want you and we don't like you. At least here anyways, they've never had 50+% in Want OR Satisfaction. I'm Ok with some lame custom choices, like Palutena's warp and counter.
But they're all taken from other characters (side specials)
And guess what? His Up special and down special have been confirmed through Famitsu (I think)

Ike's Aether and a counter. Wow. Who'd have though of that?
By the next game everybody is going to have a counter.
Mii Gunner: 1.5%
Famitsu gave us some Mii Gunner too...
Samus's neutral special.
Palutena's Explosive Flame...? (OK, this actually looks cool)
Fox's reflector.

While I like the side special, and the concept is less generic, like Mega Man, I think this concept will be very difficult to play unless your playing against a character with low mobility, bad offensive ability (few reliable approach options, lacking a strong hit with now lag or a kill move with actual range and not a ****ing 1 pixel hitbox), and bad or no projectiles. So basically, Zelda (who I was talking about specifically) or another Mii Gunner. Poor Zelda... can I take a moment to be sad about the fact that Zelda will always be at the bottom of the bottom tier? I can't believe Melee Zelda was her at her best, I had such high hopes for her in Brawl and Smash 4... ugh ":4robinm:it's going to be alright" ...the game's not out yet... Ok, I'm back. This could also be useful against the characters it takes moves from, naturally. Mega Man and Samus. Samus less so though. She looks decent in this game, but they thought she was the best, I haven;t heard any news from Demo Samus, but I bet they nerfed her since they thought she was the best.
Whoops, got distracted again.
Hello, Notmegaman.
Hello, Notsamus.
A clone of Mega Man's Final Smash might have been cooler, but I don't dislike this. Final Smashes don't matter to me, and this gets the job done by looking cool.

Mii Brawler: .5%
While, I was going to give this a 0% because it's the most generic concept of the 3, I saw one cool move.
Shot Put looks cool. I wasn't expecting the Mii Brawler to even have a projectile.
But I just hate how stupid this looks.

[collapse=what you see is what you get]
He has no interesting custom moves.

Hell, they don't even look like special attacks. If I saw these not listed as specials I'd guess they were all aerials and smashes.
How does a character this boring even exist? At least Little Mac looks cool when he punches, punches, and punches.
The design of the Mii certainly doesn't help. Some costumes help, but all of the costumes together easily prove they had much more time put into them than any other newcomer. 36 specials, 3 types of each other move. Even 3 different Final Smashes...
But most of all... there's one thing that bugs me about Miis...[/collapse]
THERE'S NO MII MAGE. (0%)
What? This would be so easy. If I want to play as one of my miis, I'm going to want to be a mage. The swordfighter and brawler type just make this generic character look even more generic, and I'm not going to want to be any gunner type character, centered on projectiles even in smash attacks. (Sorry Mega Man, you too don't fit my playstyle)
The Mage is the last major character type in Smash. And taking a magic move and changing it's color or something, then giving it to a Mii would be easy. It's the only thing that would have made me want to play as this mii and it's not happening like I thought it would. PK Fire, Nayru's Love, Nosferatu, and Warp all in one moveset... that would be so cool
Or PK Freeze, Celestial Fireworks, Elwind, and Thunder!
It's not happening at this point, but at least we get to beat them up in 100 man Brawl or whatever it's called. Don't really care.
Also, I have bad miis (not their addition in Smash's fault, but they don't have enough cusomization, even though it improved since the Wii. I've seen some good Miis in Tomodachi Life though, I guess that game gives more customization? Like green hair and real clothes?
Eh, I don't know why I gave them so much of my time. I'm not even 100% against him. I just don't like them and think they should be in less games.

Palutena:4palutena::4palutena::4palutena::4palutena::4palutena: 1000%
This gets all of my yes.

:love::love::love:
It's too perfect! She looks so great!
This model... I wasn't sure about it at first but it's everything. Palutena/10
Goddess of perfection.
Her attacks are so flashy and colorful, she fits in so well.
Lightweight is very unique, and she might need that if she's slow.
She has a lot of unique specials. Her default moves will not be the ones I'll be picking.
See how I didn't complain they were her defaults and just said I'll pick different ones.
It's been reported that customization can be done somehow on the CSS so I don't see why the tournament scene couldn't use their preferred Palutena. As for playing online "with anyone"? No thanks, I'm not going to.
I rarely play alone, but when I do it's just for a little bit, I play against CPUs.
And I mostly play with friends. I'm not 100% a filthy casual, I don't use items and play FD almost exclusively. But still, far from the most competitive person, I'll never be in a tournament. That stuff doesn't interest me.

Anyways, I wanted Palutena. She was my 3rd most wanted character, AND SHE DELIVERED!
I will never understand "her having 12 specials just ruined her for me"
Easily the most common thing said against her. (Except maybe Sakurai bias)
What's wrong with options? Even if they only come through the 3 Miis and Palutena, they're more options, and I doubt they would have had time to not only give every newcomer 12 unique specials, but also every veteran. And why not let Sakurai give it to her? How can you complain about Sakurai bias? If you made this game, WOULD YOU NOT INCLUDE YOUR MOST WANTED CHARACTER? If I was making the game, Midna would be here, and she'd be freakin' powerful :laugh:
Plus, given the direction he went with her specials (using the many KI powers) it makes sense that she has so many. If she had specials only based off her boss fight, and then had other magic-based specials, then it wouldn't make much sense. And given her lackluster default set, the extra specials are almost necessary imo.

I basically view it like I view clones, it's extra content. It didn't need to happen but it's there and you can use it or you can not use it. And when you think about it, you can make 3 Palutenas that have more differences than Lucina and Marth. They'd have to be played much differently. I just can't call this a bad thing, or agree with anyone that does, sorry.

Moving on to her tilts, smashes, and aerials... I lover her range! Her swinging her staff like that just looks so cool. I love the wing extensions. Even her dodge is cool as she teleports like Rosalina, and is invincible during it. I like that she makes good use of her shield, like a ranger-zoner character should. With her shield bash (offensive) and then maybe a defensive use...? Can't remember. But she has reflect either way. I like what I've seen of her grabs and throws. And I might like her weight class, she's very heavy, and I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. The concept of a heavy female is good but I can't say I'll like it yet until I try it. She's been called a tank... I don't usually play that type of character so we'll see... At least she apparently has medium speed compared to most "tanks" slow speed.

:4pacman:Pac-Man: 80%
Great design choice.
I'm not a fan of him being slow.
I always considered him similar to G&W. Not surprised there. But I'm not a G&W player.
Large hitboxes? That sounds interesting. I love the quirky retro sounds in his moveset.
Like Mega Man, it's good for it's references. I don't think they'll be very highly ranked characters, but they'll be enjoyed by many. Hopefully bring in some people that wouldn't be all that interested in a game like this, I bet Brawl did that too.
They were the best picks for 3rd parties, and I rate them similarly. I wanted others, but these belong here.
I don't think I'll play him much.
I like his dash attack.
His side special is very creative.
The Hydrant is interesting too.
As well as the trampoline.
If I had more of a connection, this would be higher, because I have nothing against this.
Anything I hadn't liked before is gone. He's all good.
But he was revealed in a way I'll never forgive Sakurai for ;)

Sorry I don't have much to say. It's almost like Villager. A character that deserved it and made it with a unique moveset, but wasn't very controversial. Not too hype, nothing wrong. Although noticeably less so. This is why Villager wins our newcomer satisfaction, very few find him super amazing but almost nobody has a problem with him. He does what he should and he's pretty funny too. There's no room to complain, he just fits right in.

[collapse=so far rankings]
Rosalina: 10000%
Palutena: 1000%
Greninja: 94%
Wii Fit Trainer: 85%
Mega Man: 82% (didn't get to edit on the first day, would have gave him this instead)
Villager: 81% (same as Mega Man)
Pac-Man: 80%
Little Mac: 54% I think?
Miis: 1%
[/collapse]
:4palutena:
but I guess I'll have to get my hands on her to find out.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Palutena
Satisfaction:
10%
How come you're 40% less satisfied every time we rate her? :\
:4palutena: Palutena satisfaction: 60 %
Palutena was THE absolute shoe-in prior to her reveal. She had so much going for her, and little to nothing against. I watched her reveal trailer in live, and wasn't really hyped, because even though I thought that she was a shoe-in I personally didn't care much about her (I didn't play any Kid Icarus game), and her trailer wasn't really awesome, when I saw her just after the flame Smash symbol I immediatly recognized her and my reaction was like "Oh, it's Palutena, so predictable". I was kinda confused during the gameplay part of her trailer, seriously she has so many moves! Later the mystery was solved because we learned that she has an unique characteristic as a fighter with her unique custom special moves instead of variations. But overall I'm fine with Palutena, even though she was predictable asides from the custom moves gimmick.
Heh. I bet we'll be seeing a lot of comments like this on Shulk's day.
That's too bad that speculation can hurt the hype for some people, It's only gotten me more hyped, personally.
I showed my sister some of the newer trailers recently and she was like "who are all these people? I feel like they're just choosing random characters out of a hat." That's when I realized I wouldn't have known some of these w/o speculation, and wouldn't have been able to appreciate them, or have gotten into some of their games.
This has been a great time, but I'm not sad to see it end. This is what it's been about all along. The final result. The final roster and each character's new moves, playstyles, alts, game modes... everything. It's almost here.
I just used your post as an excuse to sound cheesy and start a goodbye post like others already made a few days ago, hope you don't mind.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
:4mii: Mii Fighter Satisfaction: 85%

I suppose this may be an unpopular opinion here, but I really like the addition of Miis to the game. I think they are Nintendo All-Stars in their own right, and it offers a fun way of putting yourself and anyone you'd like into the game. Though I do have to take off points due to being three characters in one, which may have taken up more development time than necessary, but then again, since it seems like most of their moves are based off of other characters, they may not have taken up as much time as one would think. So, yeah, I think they're a good addition

:4palutena: Palutena Satisfaction: 100%

Great character choice, and after playing Uprising, I'm really looking forward to trying her out. She looks like she'll be a lot of fun.

:4pacman: Pac-Man Satisfaction: 95%

Outstanding choice for a third party character. I don't really have much attachment to him, but he's such a classic character that I think I'll have to give him a try.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
:4pacman:Pac-Man:80%.:4pacman:
This is one character I thought I would not like, but actually really did. I love his classic design, I think his move set is the right amount of silly, and his trailer was really awesome and well done.
Also, I'm sure @ Pacack Pacack lost his mind and that thought is hilarious.
Wait, wait, wait. Let me summon someone...
@ Pacack Pacack
Gee, I wonder who people associate Pac-Man with.

Let me give an overview.

A: Pac-Man is in Smash.
B: Pac-Man has his World design in Smash.
C: Pac-Man is in Smash.
D: Pac-Man's jolly, happy-go-lucky character is intact in Smash. *coughunlikeinstreetfightervxtekkencough*
E: Pac-Man is in Smash.
F: Pac-Man has a unique "bouncy" style with slow falling and interestingly large, disjointed hitboxes (a couple of which, for the record, are accurate to source material as well). He also has a couple of really interesting projectiles, including a charging move that can potentially be kept at what it's been charged at, giving him an amazing killing projectile if that's the case, and a fire hydrant that can both be used to push people away and be kicked at opponents, and also as a spiking projectile. So he's probably going to be one of the most unique characters in Smash.
G: Pac-Man is in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U!

Pac-Man Satisfaction: 1:4pacman::4pacman:%

He is not perfect. It's still rather strange for him to use ghosts for attacks, I don't like that he changes into his ball form so much (and that they used the form they did instead of this one), he's severely lacking in Pac-Man World references (butt-bounce ;_; ), and his Wii U stage looks like garbage (especially when another maze or Pac-Village would've been better choices).

But I'm alright with that. I have my childhood hero in my favorite game series of all time. Not only that, but I have the version that I love, an accurate representation of his character, and a unique playstyle. I also have the flip kick. That's important.

Other characters? What other characters?

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Palutena - 65% - I thought she would be a really great choice for smash, but her moveset is actually pretty dull and generic. While I'm interested to try out her custom moves and find what moveset I like best for her, her implementation was just not what I wanted. Her trailer was ok, but it didn't really capture her personality that well either and did not succeed in getting me hyped for her.

Pac-Man - 10% - I didn't want Pac-Man, and while his implementation was better than I was expecting, I still would have rather seen him omitted entirely. His trailer was also really lame and relied more on the virtues of the other third parties than his own. I would not be disappointed if he's a one time only guest.

Mii Fighters - 80% - I was pleasantly surprised with how well they were implemented. I expect to use the gunner the most, but to give them all a try. While they might not be the most hype-inducing newcomers, they're clearly a core part of Nintendo's modern history and I feel deserved to be in the game. The fact that they got three slots is a bit excessive, but I'm mostly over that aspect of them now.

Rankings so far:
Mega Man - 100%
Greninja - 95%
Villager - 95%
Rosalina - 85%
Mii Fighters - 80%
Palutena - 65%
Wii Fit Trainer - 30%
Little Mac - 30%
Pac-Man - 10%

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Here we go guys, my favorite e3 ever :grin:

:4mii:: 90%

Expected them, and sakurai blew me away with the results. They all look AMAZING. I really don't get the butthurt. they're the poster child of customization, they allow you to bring anyone you want into smash bros., and they're all powerful as ****. I just wish they were a tad more unique.

:4palutena: 90%

I expected her also. I find her moveset amazing as it brings out her god-like power and advertises all of the powers of kid icarus uprising. She really look like a boss character. I just wish she didn't look so...emotionless.

:4pacman:(Oh boy, here it comes): 100%!!!
Im pretty sure i speak for myself, muh boy @ Pacack Pacack , and all of the pacman 4 smash community when I say his inclusion is simply amazing

I wish there was an infinity button to show how much I'm not only satisfied, but in love with his inclusion!! I grew up with Pacman, and he brings back amazing memories of when me and my little brother would play pacman world 2 together on the xbox. Namco museum and the pacman world series were some of my favorite games. And although i wasn't around for the 80s Pacman fever, i can sure as hell feel it. This man is a legend of legends. He represents the history of gaming as a whole. I don't understand the butthurt for him (bbbut muh recency) Pacman may not be very recent, but does he really have to be? He more than deserves his spot on the roster for his iconic stature alone. And before you say he's a relic and washed up, his own company cares enough about him to try and revive him, which is more than can be said for some characters like megaman.

Now about his Moveset. Oh my goodness, the fanservice and justice to his character ids phenomenal. He has his classic 3d design from the arcade box, and 2d design from the original all in one character. All of his specials are throwbacks to his past games, with his recovery, grab, and taunt to represent Namco as a whole. Its beautiful. After hearing about his slower pace and floatiness from the demo, i remain undeterred as I love quirky playstyles (my main is G&W) and Pac-man still has so much potential to be explored in his moves:

A chargeable projectile with different properties per fruit? Yesh pls!
A unique Side B with invincibility that can play mindgames? Oh Yeah!!
An awesome hydrant hazard that can block projectiles and screw over people trying to recover?
Such Beauty!!

So overall, I couldn't be happier with his invlusion. Pacman world moves would be nice, considering that game is my first game ever childhood but it really didn't hurt me. I'm just thilled that my #1 favorite newcomer and video game character is in the game :4pacman:.

pacmannnn.gif

Dreams really do come true...

Attachments

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Newcomer Satisfaction: Part 3

How do you keep changing your face like that?!?
100% - As one of the select few who actually wanted Miis, I got more than I could've asked for. Not 1, but 3 Mii Fighter classes each with a different moveset, and they aren't just happy-go-lucky generic Mii stuff that could step on mah boi Villager's toes, but refitted to actually be serious Smash Bros. competitors. My only complaint is that they got banned from Anom Online, and maybe the fact that we probably won't get even more Mii Classes!

Hair that long takes 2 bottles of shampoo a day?!?
100% - Speaking of movesets, Palutena having individualized moves for each of her Custom Specials instead of tinkered versions of the same 4 moves is pretty awesome, and she looks very good. She almost seems like a boss fight that bled into the playable roster!

Why weren't you in Brawl?!?
100% - Pac-Man Pac-Man Pac-Man Pac-Man. Pac-Man, Pac-Man Pac-Man Pac-Man, Pac-Man Pac-Man! Pac-Man Pac-Man Pac-Man Wakka Wakka Pac-Man.
<Pac-Man is da bes. Not to the extent of Villager, but he da bes.>

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Mii Fighters: 10% I don't like them. It's not the fact that they're Miis, but it's how they were executed. Their movesets seem very generic and they probably took about the time as 3 different characters to program. Just the thought of 3 different characters and 36 different specials for a single character irks me. They could have had a single moveset with extra customizable moves and then added in two more characters. But no, bye bye King K. Rool/Dixie Kong/Ridley/Bandana Dee/Ghirahim/Mewtwo ect. There were so many choices and, poof! two of them were out just to make two extra movesets on a character that already had one. And don't even get me started on how they handled online.

Palutena: 60% I really don't have much to say about her. She looks cool, but I'm pretty indifferent to her. Moving on.

Pac-Man: 70% He, and Mega Man are in the same place. I don't really care for them, but I don't have anything against them. I do have some cool memories of Pac-Man though, so he is a bit higher. Also, their movesets are cool. So... yeah.

D

Deleted member

How come you're 40% less satisfied every time we rate her? :\
To be honest, I was thinking of giving Palutena a 50% in Satisfaction, but I kept thinking more and more how I didn't like how she came out. As a result, her score dropped significantly.
I'm not opposed towards her inclusion, but she could have been handled better.

Gee, I wonder who people associate Pac-Man with.
Hahaha! I'm just glad that you came back for the finale! It wouldn't be right to have a Pac-Man Satisfaction day without you.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Mii Fighters: 91% - This is probably the closest we'll get to a create your own character mode and I've already made about 20+ Miis in preparation for SSB4. I'm going to have way to much fun with this.

Palutena: 65% - She's an interesting character but I can't really see myself using her that much.

Pac-man: 84% - Iconic character who looks like a lot of fun to use. He has my full support.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Oh boy, the E3 newcomers. Probably the least hype of them all...

Mii Fighters 75%: After knowing they would be in for so long, their reveal wasn't to surprising. However, I do like the way they're implemented as fun, casual, customizable characters with a wide variety of moveset options. Not a bad choice; just not surprising or particularly interesting.
Palutena 60%: I agree with everything @Brawler610 said: She wasn't overly interesting in Uprising, she never really appealed to me as a choice for Smash, her reveal was unsurprising and a fairly poor note to end on, and her playstyle didn't really "wow" me. But, I'm not upset with her inclusion and will still play as her when the game releases.
Pac-Man 100%: He was certainly the best thing to come out of the E3 reveals (for me). His moveset was just as good even better than I expected, his playstyle seems very similar to Game & Watch (which I personally dig), he has the quirkiness you'd expect from a retro character, and I actually grew up playing some of the older generation Pac-Man games. Sure, his reveal wasn't as great as it could have been, but I can get over it because...
Pac-Man is in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U!
Past ratings/Future ratings

:4robinm:100%
:4villager:100%
:4shulk:100%
:4pacman:100%
:4greninja:100%
:4megaman:100%
:4littlemac:90%
:rosalina:85%
:4lucina:80%
:4wiifit:75%
:4mii:75%
:4palutena:60%

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think I'll do all newcomers in one go cause what the hey.

Villager - 75% he looks fun.
Mega Man - 90%
WFT - 70%
Rosalina - 78%
Little Mac - 89%
Greninja - 90%
Mii Fighters - 23%
Palutena - 91% although I wish her more offensive moves were her defaults. Still, tank character! Seems very interesting to play as.
Pac Man - 85%. Was iffy toward him at first, but Sakurai did a great job with him.
Lucina - 80%. Her clone-ness kinda hurts the score but I'll get used to it I guess.
Robin - 98%.
Shulk - 100% aw yeah baby!!!

@ Toxicroaker Toxicroaker I spoke about it with Groose, but I was thinking in regards to the music tracks that couldn't be rated, could they still be featured as "honorable mentions"?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hahaha! I'm just glad that you came back for the finale! It wouldn't be right to have a Pac-Man Satisfaction day without you.
:4pacman:

And, even without Pac-Man, I couldn't miss this day. I might not've been around for the last ratings, but I was a pretty active participant in here for some time, and I'll be sad to see it go.

Speaking of which...

Hey, @ Groose Groose , are you going to be around after the game(s) is(/are) released? I'll miss seeing you around if you go, and I think you'd make a pretty amazing mod if you didn't have this to work on constantly.

(It won't be as active as it's been, but I know that I'll be around for at least the Pac-Man board, and probably more.)

Last edited:

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
:4palutena:100%
:4pacman:65% Great design choice.
I'm not a fan of him being slow.
I always considered him similar to G&W. Not surprised there. But I'm not a G&W player.
Large hitboxes? That sounds interesting. I love the quirky retro sounds in his moveset.
Like Mega Man, it's good for it's references. I don't think they'll be very highly ranked characters, but they'll be enjoyed by many. Hopefully bring in some people that wouldn't be all that interested in a game like this, I bet Brawl did that too.
They were the best picks for 3rd parties, and I rate them similarly. I wanted others, but these belong here.
I don't think I'll play him much.
I like his dash attack.
His side special is very creative.
The Hydrant is interesting too.
As well as the trampoline.
If I had more of a connection, this would be higher, because I have nothing against this.
Anything I hadn't liked before is gone. He's all good.
But he was revealed in a way I'll never forgive Sakurai for ;)
:4mii:7%
:4shulk:100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom