• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
:4pacman:- 110%, Can anyone name a video game character more famous or iconic than this guy? The only one I can think of that even competes is Mario, and now we have both. Regardless, each of his special attacks look really outlandish and bizarre, and I like that. Also, he's super charming and sweet :)
:4palutena:- 79%, Kid Icarus: Uprising is a small franchise that imo would have been covered just fine with only Pit. However, Palutena really stands out with some sweet moves of hers such as that up-smash. I was originally planning to give her 85%, but I docked 6% due to dissatisfaction with her chosen default specials. Two of her most boring options for special attacks- the counter and the teleport- are her default specials, so we'll be stuck with those for both online and (probably) tournaments.

The Mii Fighters are three different characters, and I will rate them as such:
:4mii: (Gunner)- 100%, A character that relies heavily on projectiles is a novel concept. The only other one to do so is Mega-man. So I'm excited to try this guy out.
:4mii: (Brawler)- 55%, Okay, this character is extremely generic and bland. But, Miis are self-insert characters so it makes since to have a boring, default one that can serve as a representative for whatever character people want to play as.
:4mii: (Sword-fighter)- 0%, This guy is just as boring as the Brawler. While I'm willing to give the Brawler a pass, I think tossing in a second boringass, generic class for the Miis is overkill. I'm less forgiving here since I don't like the multitude of sword-users appearing in this generation of Smash.

:4mii: (Average)- 51.67%, for calculation purposes

Re-cap:

S Tier
:4wiifit:- 200%
:4greninja:- 150%
:4pacman:- 110%

A Tier
:rosalina:-103%
:4villager:- 102%
:4megaman:- 101%
:4mii:(Gunner)-100%

B Tier
:4palutena:-79%
:4littlemac:-70%

C Tier
:4mii:(Brawler)- 55%

F Tier
:4mii:(Sword-fighter)- 0%

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Tri-100%s.

3 Times the approval. :shades:

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
:4pacman:- 110%, Can anyone name a video game character more famous or iconic than this guy? The only one I can think of that even competes is Mario, and now we have both. Regardless, each of his special attacks look really outlandish and bizarre, and I like that. Also, he's super charming and sweet :)
:4palutena:- 79%, Kid Icarus: Uprising is a small franchise that imo would have been covered just fine with only Pit. However, Palutena has some sweet moves going on such as that Up-smash of hers that really make her stand out. I was originally planning to give her 85%, but I docked 6% due to dissatisfaction with her chosen default specials. Two of her most boring options for special attacks- the counter and the teleport- are her default specials, so we'll be stuck with those for both online and (probably) tournaments.

The Mii Fighters are three different characters, and I will rate them as such:
:4mii: (Gunner)- 100%, A character that relies heavily on projectiles is a novel concept. The only other one to do-so is Mega-man. So I'm excited to try this guy out.
:4mii: (Brawler)- 55%, Okay, this character is extremely generic and bland. But, Miis are self-insert characters so it makes since to have a boring, default one that can serve as a representative for whatever character people want to play as.
:4mii: (Sword-fighter)- 0%, This guy is just as boring as the Brawler. While I'm willing to give the Brawler a pass, I think tossing in a second boringass, generic class for the Miis is overkill. I'm less forgiving here since I don't like the multitude of sword-users appearing in this generation of Smash.

:4mii: (Average)- 51.67%, for calculation purposes

Re-cap:

S Tier
:4wiifit:- 200%
:4greninja:- 150%
:4pacman:- 110%

A Tier
:rosalina:-103%
:4villager:- 102%
:4megaman:- 101%
:4mii:-100%

B Tier
:4palutena:-79%
:4littlemac:-70%

C Tier
:4mii:(Brawler)- 55%

F Tier
:4mii:(Sword-fighter)- 0%
Where did you get this info on Palutena's defaults? Because I haven't seen them anywhere (Famitsu never confirmed them).

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
7 Mario characters... What? Um... Okay... DK has 2... Pokemon has 5... Zelda has 5... Kirby has 3... Fire Emblem has 4... Kid Icarus has 3...
Yeaaah... it doesn't make a lot of sense to me either.

Although honestly I don't mind the series getting more... if we'd just get a DK newcomer and Ridley. I'd prefer K Rool, but I'd be happy enough with Dixie Kong.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
:4mii: 50%: I was always neutral on their inclusion, I do like how they turned out. I don't plan to main them, but I'll still probably use them.
:4palutena:99%: The Palutena "leak" (as well as BrainScratchComm's commentary of the game at the time) convinced me to buy Uprising. I can't believe I missed out on such a solid game, it's probably my favorite handheld game(although I admittedly don't play much handheld games). Palutena was one of my favorite characters in the game, so I became a supporter of her, and she did not disappoint.
:4pacman:100%: Probably my most wanted newcomer alongside Megaman and Palutena. Did not get the hate for this guy at all, you would think the grandfather of video games would get more respect. While it's a bit unfortunate there are barely any Pac-Man World moves, he looks like a ton of fun to play. Plus, they went with a design that everybody's happy with. :4mario:,:4sonic:,:4megaman:, and :4pacman:, some of the biggest gaming icons in the world, are in the same game together, history has been made, ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
:4palutena:: 100%

:4pacman:: 90%

:4mii:: 85%

I am not feeling like typing a lot of stuff, but Palutena was one of my most wanted newcomers and she looks and seems to be a wonderful fighter in Smash.

Pac-Man deserved to be in and the devs made him justice.

Mii Gunner is amazing so I am okay with Mii Fighters. Plus, having AKB48 Mii Fighters will be fun.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
:4palutena:: 80% - A worthy choice. I have no real personal connection to the character, but I can honestly say that out of all the characters from the franchise to pick, this was the best choice. However, I've seen a lot of complaints about her move set customization in some places. I'm not gonna judge on that now, instead, I'll wait.

:4pacman:: 95% - Back in Brawl, I considered that Pac-Man would be an interesting choice for representation with Snake and Sonic, but everyone else was for Mega-man (I'll agree to this) and Geno (can't get my head around liking this one though). Now, Pac-man exists in Smash 4. I feel like I predicted the future. However, I'll admit I took off a few points for no Pac-Man world representation in the move set (I feel a healthy balance of arcade and other Pac titles would have been perfect).

:4mii:: 50% - Oh, these are a mix bag for me. I'll give them 50%. While customization of characters is a great idea, these guys seem to take up some space roster wise (if not, eh it's fine). Also, I don't feel that "Mii's" themselves are actually Nintendo all-stars. There more a representation of the player. I mean, picture this: You're a Mii fighter. You've taken down Kirby, avoiding his infinite stomach in the classic mode. Your next opponent: Giant Bowser. Yeah, how would you feel being in this situation in reality.
Eh, in the end, I suppose the Mii's are OK.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
:4mii: 45%

My hate for them is very slowly diminishing. I still don't like the Mii's designs (I never have), I still think they spent way to much effort on them, time that I would prefer they had used on other characters. Still, they look pretty decent to play as, and I may have fun putting in characters that would never be in Smash otherwise.

The novelty of putting in Jesus as a brawler is also a plus:awesome:

:4palutena: 30%

Still has the worst trailer, and still the dumbest marketing move of Nintendo at E3. Seriously, you've got the biggest gaming convention ever, you go to pick a character to reveal to end it off, and you pick... her? Really? Kid Icarus isn't that big of a franchise, she wasn't nearly as recognizable as some other possible choices. Heck, the Fire Emblem trailer would have been much better to show, Fire Emblem's much more popular and it had Captain Falcon in it. Not only that, I don't like the look of her playstyle, and I don't like how they designed her moveset. I loved her in Kid Icarus, but that doesn't translate into Smash.

Let me put it this way. I prefer Dark Pit as the Kid Icarus newcomer over her.

:4pacman: 100%

It's funny. I used to despise the idea of Pacman in Smash, even more so then the Miis. But now that I've seen how he plays, how much he represents in Smash, I can't help but love the guy. Even my most vehement reason against his inclusion, that it would block the way for other possible 3rd party characters to get in (Ones that I wanted much more), has evaporated. He's quirky, he looks fun, and he fits in so well.

Pity he was revealed in the dumbest way possible
:glare:

What I have so far:
OMG YES!!!
:4greninja: 100%
:4pacman: 100%

Awesome!
:4villager: 75%
:4littlemac: 70%

Decent

:4megaman: 60%
:rosalina: 60%

Meh
:4mii: 45%
:4palutena: 30%

Ugh...
:4wiifit: 0%

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Another batch of newcomer re-rates. Just like last night, new comments are designated like so.

:4mii: Mii Fighters: 50% (Changed from 40%) (Hey, the colors match. Not anymore they don't.)
I was against playable Miis because--stop me if you've heard this before--I thought it'd be hard to keep their moves from feeling generic, and it'd feel more like lip service to anyone who wanted to use (insert pop culture personality here) than anything substantial. Once again, I was reasonably surprised by the thought they put into the Mii Fighters.

But unlike the Villager and Little Mac...seeing that hasn't left me feeling that much better about them.

The Mii Fighters feel like a concept that was inherently flawed. They seem to be meant to be a cool little thing to mess around with when you're together with your friends...but with all the customization, it also seems like you have to jump through some hoops to get any given Mii set up. Their movesets are intricate, with highly customized specials...but you can't use them online due to the inevitable offensive-looking Miis. All you're left with is the dedicated players who meet up on a consistent basis who would have greater appreciation for all the customization...but as we've seen on Smashboards, most of them are more interested in customization of other characters. They're the equivalent of a TV show without a demographic.

But...at least they don't carry the title of Harbingers of the Gematsu Leak any more.

I've actually warmed up a little to the Mii Fighters. I still think a little too much time went into their development, and I still think they could've been implemented better. But a couple weeks ago, I realized something:

That was when I realized they actually do have a niche and purpose in the games after all. I'm not huge on them by any means, but now I understand why they were included for more reasons than "because Miis".

:4palutena: Palutena: 75% (No change)
One of the most anticipated newcomers, I didn't like the idea of Palutena making it in at first. It actually wasn't for any of the common reasons...it was because she was a goddess, supremely powerful, and any appearance in Smash would be limiting her powers in a way that wouldn't feel true to the character.

That went out the window when Rosalina was revealed.

A while afterward, I learned more about Kid Icarus Uprising, watched Chuggaaconroy's LP of it, and realized that hey, there's a lot of potential in the series that Pit doesn't capture on his own. Once the Goddess of Light made her entrance at the end of the E3 Direct, I was happy to see her. She's another female character, our first staff wielder, and only the third to use a shield. Basing her specials on the Powers she gives Pit in Uprising was something no one seemed to see coming, but it made sense in hindsight. Altogether, she looks really interesting.

The only concern I have left is...with all her zoning abilities, they aren't making her too powerful, are they? Maybe I'm being irrational again, but remember what happened with Sakurai's favorite character in the last game? Remember how the metagame suffered? Notice how everyone wants Meta Knight to get beat half to death with the nerf bat this time around?
I...don't have that much new to say about Palutena herself, honestly; it's more the things surrounding her. Now that we've seen a disproportionate amount of Kid Icarus enemies and items, and with Dark Pit leaked, it's getting increasingly clear Sakurai still has some bias toward franchises he's had a hand in. I'm not pissed off at it--just annoyed a little, if anything--but I hope it doesn't translate into all the Kid Icarus characters being among the best just because he wanted them to be good.

(But hey, at least Zipzo says Meta Knight's much more reasonable this time around, right? >_>)

:4pacman: Pac-Man: 70% (No change)
I was against Pac-Man getting in for the longest time. Yes, I was worried about his moveset. Go ahead, roll your eyes. >_>

But when I saw his reveal trailer, I was blown away by the pure creativity behind his moves. Nearly everything the Pac does is an homage to one of his games or to Namco's arcade classics. He's a third party character that doubles as a retro character. And bonus points (heh heh) to Sakurai and the gang for using his Pac-Man World design instead of the, er...questionable one from the new cartoon.

After seeing Pac-Man in action, I've officially stopped questioning their ability to make interesting movesets for anyone...as long as they don't lend themselves toward being clones.

Sorry, Chrom. >_>

What few new things I have to say about Pac-Man have to do with what we've recently heard from the demo. He seemed like an unusual and unconventional character in his trailer, and the demo solidified it. Apparently he's actually on the slower side yet very floaty, but his attacks have surprising range. Some interesting design choices, but they make sense (he's practically a ball with a face and limbs, after all), and they fit right in to his quirkiness.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Note about Mii Fighters
I keep seeing people say you can't use them online. That is not true. You can't use them in "With Anyone", i.e. against random opponents. But you can use them "With Friends". So if you have friends you like to play against online, you can use them against them all you like! They are not useless and they will not only be used when playing in person matches. I'd be a lot more bitter about them if that was the case, since I won't often have friends to play against in person... For competitive players that's not much of a downside at all, since I'm sure you'll all be practicing with friends anyway, not against randos with the limited For Glory rule set anyway.

So as a random note... there are several factors that go into satisfaction (for me anyway)... I would probably rank a lot of the characters differently depending on the factor...

There's how appealing their move set is to me specifically. Would I want to play them? While I have my favorite characters, I mostly pick my mains based on how it feels to play them, not based on which characters are my favorites outside Smash (otherwise I'd use Samus and Link a lot more, and not Pikachu so much, for example). Mega Man's and Rosalina's movesets looks iffy to me in that regard, while WFT and Greninja score higher than they would otherwise because they look like I might like playing as them.

Then there's how well-designed a move set is. This is regardless of whether I think I'd be good with it. Mega Man, Rosalina and Little Mac look well-designed, even if I'm not sure whether I'd be very good with them.

Then there's flavor implementation. How well does the moveset represent the character? Does it draw on the games? When it doesn't, does it make sense or fit with the character? Is it unavoidable (characters need a recovery move)? On this one, it's hard to think of a character that beats Mega Man on this. Every single attack is taken directly from the games! Others like Link make up moves where they have to fill in gaps but generally use as much as possible from the games. This batch of newcomers mostly does well on this, with a few doing exceptionally well. Mii Fighters and Lucina are not so great though (probably not Dr. Mario either, since really he should have a pill- and virus-based move set). WFT's Sun Salutation is a negative here, but her other moves are fine. Melee/Brawl Ganondorf is pretty much the worst on this, for reference*.

Then there's the purely aesthetic things. Does the character look and sound good? Less importantly, was the trailer appealing?

There's just plain how much I like the character. Mega Man, Shulk and Rosalina get the most points on this.

Again same thing as before, just with comments on today's characters.

:4megaman: 100% ↑
:4shulk: 86%
:4wiifit: 78%
:4robinf: 77% ↑
:rosalina: 76% ↓
:4palutena: 75% ↓
Palutena is still solid, but it was pointed out earlier that her default specials are not... the most interesting out of her choices. I think I would probably pick one of the others in every case, but I guess I'll have to get my hands on her to find out. But she's a cool character and otherwise is fine.

:4greninja: 72% ↑
:4littlemac: 64% ↓
:4villager: 62% ↓
:4pacman: 48% ↓
After seeing more of his move set... my reaction is "meh." He is an icon and I guess having him in with Mega Man and Sonic and Mario is cool and all, but I still don't feel he really belongs with Nintendo's All-Stars to the degree Mega Man and Sonic do.

:4mii: 40% ↑
By comparison, I've liked some of the new moves I've seen for the Mii Fighters since we last rated them. I still don't love them, and I'd trade all three of them for one of a number of different unique newcomers, or just bringing back Wolf and Lucas, but when it comes time to play, I pick based on how it feels to play them, and they look like they might be decent to play as. Still, being unable to use them in With Anyone is also a big point against them (why can't they just allow generic Miis in With Anyone?).

:4lucina: 22% ↓

*Ganondorf's moveset doesn't fit with his appearance in the Zelda games and doesn't make a lot sense for him either, and it was totally avoidable.Yeah, yeah, he's "brutal" - but Ganondorf never fights anything like that in his games. He's powerful but prefers to fight at range or with a weapon, only truly getting right in there when he goes bestial in OoT and TP and the Oracle games. But even in beast form in LoZ, LttP and the Oracle games, he uses a lot of ranged magic and doesn't fight at close range much. We'll see if Smash 4 Ganondorf improves on this at all. We saw some of his moves are staying, but there are still three specials to see...

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
:4mii:34%:well i dont like the idea to make mii playable in SSB4 but they looks awesome but the problem is that they are 3 charcters if we didnt get mii in SSB4 we might get a better 3 charcters (that i want) R.I.P :roypm: R.I.P:lucas: R.I.P:wolf: :crying:
:4palutena:77%:i like how she battle but i didnt understand why people wants her oh and i didnt play kid icarus
:4pacman:89%: Pac-man is going to be my 2nd main and i would like to see :4pacman:vs:4megaman:vs:4sonic:vs:4mario: but why i did put 89% instead of 100% you ask? because he did make Geno chances very unlucky :mad:

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
:4mii:: 60%
Certainly better than I had anticipated. I had expected a generic sports-themed moveset, but they look like they could be fun.

:4palutena:: 90%
Kid Icarus Uprising might be my favorite 3DS game. Gameplay is fun, and the characters are fantastic. Though not my favorite character, Palutena was certainly up there, and I look forward to playing as her.

:4pacman:: 90%
I did not like the prospects of Pac. But he sure has warmed up to me big time. For a while I was set on playing as Little Mac first thing, when I got the game. But how can I squander the opportunity to play as 4 biggest icons in gaming from the get-go?

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Where did you get this info on Palutena's defaults? Because I haven't seen them anywhere (Famitsu never confirmed them).
Here are some scans from Famitsu. While it doesn't confirm her default specials, you can assume that the first ones listed are the default ones.

Here is a guy on Reddit who played the Japanese demo and was answering questions. When asked about Palutena's default specials, his answer was the exact same ones from the Famitsu scans above.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Palutena :4palutena:: 100%
If this isn't obvious by now Palutena is the character that make me join the boards, I discovered this site by mere coincidence in my attemps to look for information about the credibility of her leak.
Since I become really fond of Uprising and the whole cast, this rumor made me happy, in fact aside from Yoshi, Palutena (and Pit) has become one of my favorite Nintendo characters of all time.
Any person who hasn't played this game, you are missing on a hidden jewel.
I agree Kid Icarus is a small series, but you simply can skip in such a different character like Palutena, she is not a princess but a goddess, she is a funny character with lots of personallity and a really fitting and interesting design. Sometimes it is good to take the spotlight for the bigger franchises to put them on smaller series, that aside for relatively being unknown have plenty of potencial, just look what Melee did for us: Fire Emblem international release. This is what Smash is all about bringing the Nintendo Universe to live either if you are world famous Mario or that character for a small niche series.

Her interaction with Pit is that of a guidding big sister, people these days want powerful women and what is better than a goddess giving orders to her general and a whole army at her disposal.

She is the reason I joined and the reason I have interacted with lots of interesting people here, I am not sure if I ever will support a character like I did with her. But she has done her job in convincing me to join this site.

I almost forgot now we have info of her playstyle and I like what I have heard. But at this point that is secondary to me.

:4greninja:: 80%
:rosalina:: 78%

Pacman :4pacman:: 71%
At first I was exceptical about his potencial but after watching the trailers, the exectution is better than I expected, like Megaman and Sonic he is a fitting for Smash gaming icon. I feel a bit more sympathy for him than Megaman, so 1% up compared to Megaman. For the rumors Pacman is floaty and on the slow side, I am not sure if this is good or bad for him.

:4megaman:: 70%
:4littlemac:: 60%
:4wiifit::60%
:4villager:: 50%

Mii Fighters :4mii:: 2%
A HUGE boost in satisfaction compared to last time 0%, my problem with them are the same as before. Too much effort on Miis, I am not going to say the stole slots for more deserving characters because that goes against my personal believes, I just find the among of attention, customs and general effort a bit of a waste on these characters. Tomodachi Life might chance the perception of them being avatars and not characters, but I have to wait and see if they get more roles in the future to see them as more than playable avatars.
The boost is because of the announce of certain clone characters. (Lucina gets free pass)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Mii Fighter 100% I thought to myself that it couldn't happen, but Sakurai proved me wrong! Loads of unique moves, you get to play as a NPC, Goku fanboys can quit whining, it's perfect!
Palutena 70% Same as the Miis with unique specials, But in reality, I don't really care too much
Pac-Man 5% We get the 4 greatest heroes and I get a new Sandbag! No, it isn't a typo

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
:4mii:: 70%
I am fine with them. I feel that they help to bring the creativity of Miis to smash and I am really satisfied with the class system

:4palutena:: 100%
Palutena-sama da bomb
Epic anime style trailer and I was happy to see her in XD #KIUprising

:4pacman:: 85%
One of the most iconic game characters alongside :4mario::4megaman::4sonic:
I was happy of how his trailer brought the point up and how he can still change to his Pizza form (<3) and not use his dumb ghostly adventures look

----
Dammit didn't rate yesterday in the midst of Zipzo crashboards

:rosalina:: 60%
she does have interesting playstyle though I have not much sentiments about her

:4littlemac::70%
See Rosalina. but I preferred his trailer better

:4greninja:: 100%
Ohh yes the most swag lookin starter. +100 points for crushing hopes of Mewtwo (I didn't like the idea of him returning)

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Palutena
100%
All of my love forever and ever totally maining and looks so much fun.
Seriously, no question here

Pac-Man
100%
Deserved to be in the game. Only icon of gaming greater than Mario, ffs.

Mii Fighters
1%
The one percent is there from the potential of using my mii and having a good time.
But everything else about their execution just pisses me off still.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Pac-Meh-n: 30%
My kinda high rating from last time depended on one thing;
Side B Mindgames.
Now that I've seen it in action, I don't think it's a great combo tool, so that's why it dropped.

Palutena lady: 0%
Pwetty big drop from last time, but now we've seen her meh default specials and no new DK/Metroid character and even lose a Star Fox one and then the three KI chars stick out like a sore thumb, I forgive Dark Pit for being an incredibly obvious choice for a clone, but that's why, along with Palutena's worst default moveset out of the twelve, she gets a zero.

Mii Faita: 75%
I see Miis as the "Make a fighter"-option, NOT as three characters.
Sakurai has done it great (Gunner class sticks out, since only 2 characters use an arm cannon, maybe a blaster like the SF Reps would've been better)
All I can say is that I look forward to Make a Mii (Fighter) (But I can't use it online against strangers)

Last edited:

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
I have no time so:

Mii Fighter's 75%
I see them as a custom character option rather than a separate character.
Palutena 100%
Despite only playing Uprising last year, Palutena has become one of my all time favorite game characters (along with the rest of the uprising cast).
Pacman 60 % He absolutely deserves to be in the game, but he is the character that has excited me the least.

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Pac Man 45%
I don't care that he's in, but the fact that he uses his enemies, the ghosts, is dumb.

Mii 0%
Most hated potential newcomer in polls tied with Dark Pit. Both make it in. People retroactively like it because of fanboyism. Takes 3 movesets worth of development time to boot that could be used on the cut veterans or less terrible newcomers.

Palutena 30%
Don't care for her in the slightest, but it's not a hatred and there's nothing technically wrong about her being in.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
:4mii:: 98%
At first I was skeptical; Miis took up three characters worth of work...but...they're hugely customizable, and I actually think I'm going to get a lot of use out of this trio. I'll play Smash for Smash, but seeing characters I always wanted to see fight is a huge plus. If only there was a colourful hair/skin option, I could probably make 80% of the Nintendo crew who didn't make it...short of non-humanoids anyway.

Makes for a nice wooden spoon prize until the characters you want actually officially get in at least, and I can see myself spending hours tweaking individual Mii's stats and customs to better suit their character.

First thing I'm gonna do is add the trio I really wanted in Smash 4 as Miis; Toad, Meowth and Samurai Goroh.

:4palutena:: 25%
Still not feeling her. Unlike Mii, there's not really an adequate reason to give her tons of moves aside from Sakurai's preferences. Yes; I know they're all abilities she bestows upon Pit, but she didn't need 12 of the damn things, four unique ones would of been plenty and I didn't exactly feel blown away by many of them.

Her trailer is still the weakest, since all the interesting parts in it don't involve her, and she revealed herself so quickly before her Splash title that all the mystery was gone. Yes, it was obvious it was going to be her anyway due to the art style, but eh.

Haven't kept up with her development, but is she really that stoic faced still? She seems to playful in Uprising, yet her face in Smash gives off an air of aloof.

Not for me, although having replayed the old Kid Icarus and retreading Uprising I can see why others may find her appealing.

:4pacman:: 100% (would be higher if possible; I'm more than satisfied with him)
WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA! Pac-Man meanwhile looks like he's really enjoying himself.

The only third party I desperately wanted(Rayman and Bomberman would be cool next time though); Pac-Man delivered some much needed hype for me, as until him I was at best satisfied with previous newcomers(Little Mac, Villager). The first character I was genuinely excited about, and he looks like a ton of fun. The hatebase for him is slowly disappearing due to him not using Ghostly Adventures look and also because people are coming to terms with how influential this guy really was back in the day.

I hear he's "a little on the slow side, but still effective" which has me intrigued. None of my past secondaries have been exactly speedsters, but apart from Bowser I don't have much experience with slow individuals either. Going to be interesting.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The E3 guys, ugh.

:4mii:Mii Fighter: 25% - Incredibly happy they can't be used online, but they have definitely taken too much development time. I dunno, I still don't mind them as much as most people it seems.
:4palutena:Palutena: 0% - Nothing interesting about her honestly, having customizable moves as her gimmick is pretty lame since it doesn't really change anything once you're in battle. Her personality is beyond annoying too.
:4pacman:Pac-Man: 0% - I wasn't as ticked by him initially as I expected to be, if only for his moveset, but after hearing from the demo that he's sluggish and feels like G&W he can go right back to where he came from. Certainly doesn't help that he took Snake's spot. Sorry, but I don't find appeal in a character who lives solely on his name and past legacy.

Pretty negative post today, which I don't really like being, so let me just re-affirm that these alongside Rosalina are the outliers on the newcomer roster, it just so happens that they had to be revealed at the same time.

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Mii Fighter: 80% - I've been wanting some kind of customization in smash for years so this'll do nicely.
Palutena: 90% - This was the one character I called since the beginning and I am incredibly happy she got in.
Pac-Man: 0% - I just don't think he fits in with the rest and I was really hoping for Rayman. The moment Pac-man was announced Rayman's chances dropped miles ;~; .

MechaWave

Smash Champion
(Lol, did I miss Rosalina? The Rosalina boards will forgive me... hopefully...)
Also why do you people not use percentage intervals of 5 or something? 66%..... 79%? just lol, k. Anyway...

k just gonna add my % for rosa
:rosalina: Rosalina 100%
<insert reasons here>

:4palutena: Palutena 100%
Palutena has a great personality, design and great moveset. I like her gimmick though it could be a problem for her metagame if TOs don't allow her to pick anything other than her default moveset. I probably won't main her but I definitely will play her a lot.

:4pacman: Pac-Man 70%
Pac-Man is a nostalgia thing for me. I played his games a lot as a kid, notably the original arcade games and the Pac-Man World series. His inclusion is alright.

:4mii: Mii Fighters 0%
Useless.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:4mii: Mii Fighter - 85%: Originally, I thought Mii would just have a generic moveset, but you would be able to select any Mii, but the way they ended up being handled is so much more exciting. I'm most excited for the gunner though. Looking at the gameplay from E3 makes it seem as though you could make a sort of rushdown zoner hybrid character, which is the closest thing I'll ever get to
. That alone is pretty cool. But on top of that there's even more options.

:4palutena:Palutena - 87%: She's really grown on me. At first I was kind of let down, but I'm warmed up to her a lot, and she does look like an interesting character, even if her default down special is counter. You really had to do that Sakurai?

:4pacman:Pac-man - 98%: Unlike some, I never had an issue with the possibility of Pac-man being playable. I never thought I'd consider the possibility of using him, however. Pac-man in this game is like the deity of the golden age of the arcade. It's really cool looking. He's also surprisingly expressive. I like that. The best part about him though, is :4pacman:. :4pacman:>;)

Marcusjll

Smash Cadet
:rosalina:100%. Was never expecting her, but her reveal out of all the newcomers probably got me the most hyped! I'm surprised she seems to be leading the women in terms of promotion for the game. I never expected Rosalina to be a big character, but Nintendo are putting a lot of faith into the character.
:4littlemac:90%. Never cared for him, but similar to Megaman, he's iconic and makes a lot of people happy. Definitely deserves a spot.
:4greninja:20%. Don't care for him. If Mewtwo isn't in that goes down to a 1%.
:4mii:0%. Hate them! Really wish they weren't playable.
:4palutena:100%. My most wanted character along Ridley! Can't wait to try her out and I'm fairly certain she'll become one of my mains.
:4pacman:50%. Hated the idea of him at first, but I don't mind him anymore.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Tired... Missed yesterday... won't type a lot....

Mii Fighters: :4mii:: 90%

I think this has increased from last time.

I was a bit miffed about them taking up three characters worth of space, but their gameplay has intrigued me. They look really fun to play. Especially Mii Gunner and Mii Brawler.

Now I'm one of the people who supported Miis. I think they are characters and do have quite a bit of personality on top of being icons that only :4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4dk::4yoshi::4link::4pikachu::4charizard: can even hope to surpass (plus their games are fun, I just bought Tomodachi life, it's kickass and hillarious, I just wish my friends would stop trying to steal my mom, I also wish my mom wouldn't get crushes on them -_-).

They are the icons of a new era. An era of more "casual" games.

I think that's why people don't like them.

They represent an era where the "hardcore" wasn't as revilement.

I think that if Miis came out on the N64 or Gamecube, most everyone would be celebrating.

Palutena::4palutena:: 80%

This has gone up as well if I recall correctly.

Palutena initially disappointed me. She just didn't feel like Palutena and her getting special treatment reeked of bias (which is even more evident with Dark Pit and 20 million Kid Icarus items and enemies...)

Still, I did support her and now that the initial disappointment is over, I can get back to being excited. I was hyped for her for sure when she wasn't revealed. I guess Sakurai's vision just didn't match mine and that's okay. Palutena does look functional and fun, if not a bit OP. Her Up Smash scares me.

I just wish the bias wasn't there.

And that her face would start looking more cheerful....

Pac-Man: :4pacman:: 100%

Yeah.

I didn't want him in.

At all.

I dreaded him.

His trailer changed all that.
I guess the monumental occasion of :4pacman: fighting :4mario::4sonic::4megaman: and everyone elses hype just got to me.

It is infectious. And I'll admit, I'm interested in trying out some of Pac-Man's older games now (No Ghostly Adventures though, yick!).

He does look and sound fun and the amount of fanservice that Sakurai put into his character is astouding.

I am a bit miffed that :snake: isn't in.

But I really can't blame :4pacman: for that.

Glad to have you Pac!

Also...

For yesterday...
:4littlemac:: A billion percent! ( a perfect inclusion)
:rosalina:: Cheap advertisement: 70% (her moveset is her saving grace for me, Jr helps too)
:4greninja:: Cheaper advertisement: 70% (same as Rosalina minus Jr. :troll:)

Yeah, I know this will anger people but that's what :rosalina::4greninja: feel like to me. It just feels like Sakurai is pandering to the waifu crowd and the Pokemon Company. Granted, I still like both characters and they still look incredibly fun to play. I'm just not happy that they got in before so many other characters who I feel should have been in before. Their inclusions are good, but I would feel better about them if others got it first. And I'm not even talking about K.Ridleytwo (okay maybe Mewtwo a little bit).

I know you could say that :4robinm::4robinf::4lucina::4shulk: are advertisements as well but it feels like Robin was chosen for gameplay and that Shulk was chosen because Sakurai loves Xenoblade and popularity. Lucina was one of the better choices for a clone and one of the first ones I would have promoted too. I dunno. It just feels different. I can't really explain it.

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
:4mii:: 50%
I've always been neutral on Mii Fighters inclusion. I was struggling to think how on earth they could have worked and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw them in action. They looked fun but at the same time, I never cared for Miis. Whenever I boot up my Wii U to play Mario Kart 8 or whatever other game that includes them, I never select the option to play as the Miis. Then there was the three different types of Miis and all the customisation options that came with them. I do not hate this feature ecause it allows for me to make a character that will fit perfectly to me but at the same time I don't know why they decided to go this far with customisations for them. If they didn't make it then maybe more fighters could have made it in. I'm just split on them.

:4palutena:: 75%
She in the same boat as Little Mac for me. I haven't played Kid Icarus: Uprising but I have enjoyed watching playthroughs of it and I can say that I'm not surprised people like her. Ah, the voice acting in Uprising is great in general. But back on topic, I just am not interested in her moveset (her default one anyway). Things could change when I get to play her for real but right now I'm just not interested.

:4pacman:
: 100%
Oh my god yes. For starters, they didn't use his Ghostly Adventures design! I cannot say that I've ever been a big fan of it and the retro style just is more iconic. Plus, his moveset looks great. Funny how nobody could come up with an actual interesting moveset for him and here comes Sakurai who makes it look easy. Using various Namco elements in his moveset is genius I tell you. Genius! Definitely my most hyping character reveal for E3 2014. Too bad he had to be revealed at the roundtable and not the direct.
Lastly, it's just great seeing such a wide aray of characters from different companies. That is what Pac-Man really symbolised for me.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I guess we're still at it.

:4mii:- 60%
I didn't really like the idea at first, but now that there's three different classes, now I do.

:4palutena:-100%
Simple, I just wanted Palutena in the game, PERIOD.

:4pacman:- 40%
As much as I wanted him in the game, his moveset just looks... BLAH.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It just feels like Sakurai is pandering to the waifu crowd
I can take people having indifference, feeling she's unworthy, or even outright hating Rosalina (even though I will never understand the latter two to any truly valid degree - she's a character that has seriously hasn't had a bad portrayal, even though I dislike her MK7 voice actress, and she's been a beloved character since her debut, more so than Bowser. Jr, whom a lot of people find annoying. I'm saying this as someone who has a soft spot for Jr), but this is just straight up insulting people who enjoy the character and generalising them all into one, extremely frowned upon crowd. And it completely disregards all of the work that went into this character to make her properly fleshed out and respectable, and anything BUT "pandering to the waifu crowd".

Plus, I can't believe someone would insinuate this about Rosalina while not viewing Peach in the same light. Rosalina's undergarments are censored by adding a tasteful cosmic effect to the inside of her gown, while Peach's undergarments are on full display, even on her Amiibo figurine. And Peach has an uncharacteristically coy and flirty personality in Smash Bros, and even has an increased breast size in Smash.

And ffs, they literally made a parody of a Waifu Simulator with Peach in Super Paper Mario.

For the record, I actually quite like Peach too (outside of the core Mario games), and really like Super Princess Peach on the DS (a game where Peach arguably uses a magic sex toy - no, that's not me being dirty. Watch the ending to the game), so this isn't me degrading her and trying to make Rosalina sound better. However, it's complete bias to insinuate that Rosalina is "pandering to the waifu crowd", especially with Peach being how she is. I don't care if Peach is a classic character who was a surefire addition anyway - if you're gonna claim Rosalina is "pandering to the waifu crowd", then I'm calling Peach out on that tenfold.

Literally the only remotely sexualised thing about Rosalina is her MK8 render and the biker outfit from the MK games, but even that is pushing it. Plus, Peach and Daisy wear the same outfit anyway. Rosalina's just gets specific recognition because that sort of attire looks a whole lot more fitting on tall, more mature women, compared to petite characters like Peach and Daisy. And none of these characters were given these biker outfits to be sexualised (quite the opposite really), some artists just kind of ran with it.

Sorry for the rant but I just found this comment extremely ignorant. Again, it's fine if people don't like her, but come on. Don't generalise the entire fanbase.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Didn't bother to show up ever in here but I dunno really. Maybe I should. Is there still chance to rate other characters from last days?

:4mii:: 80%

I was indifferent to Miis' inclusion before, but remember expressing disdain on their moveset inspirations. They just felt like a more generic versions of :gw: and :4villager: if implemented, perhaps drawing their moves from all sorts of games they've been in. In general, they would have been shoehorned to the fray in my vision and kinda looked dumb crowding the grand game of Smash.

When came the day I managed to see them in action, I was at first surprised that they were categorized to classes. However, when seeing them in action, this is where I grew to appreciate them. As fighters, they are pretty well-done and are shown greatly capable of taking on the Nintendo's greats (and more, ah ah ah). I love how they made them best of what they're described in their classes. I'm gonna definitely pick up the gunner for myself tho.

:4palutena:: 98%

You were waiting me to post my thoughts on her, right?

I do really regret that I couldn't get to see her in real-time being revealed - because in top of Toad getting his own game, it would just had been best E3 and definitely day of my life to me.
I supported Palutena quite vocally sometime after I had joined in Smashboards (around 2011 Autumn or so), due her lovable personality and being bit of a guilty pleasure fan fave of mine in midst of Medusa-support being in it's highest. (Though it was @--- (Triple-Hyphen) who sparked my interest to her).
Around those times I thought her being a fighter was bit of a joke thing, because then we had no idea how she'd fight due Uprising being still in development.
It's quite something where I and other supporters have come from those times to here where she's playable (even if the signs for that grew bigger and even bigger before her reveal. Didn't even surprise me.)

I didn't entirely like the anime-trailer of hers though, maybe because pandering to whatever the stock audiences of fanservice anime with sociopathy humor are out there, I think. But I LOVE her in-game look and the moveset. It took a long time to truly appreciate it though because we were shut away from her (with only few bits of info here and there). As of last two days showing her off, her moveset proved to be just like I imagined, but with extra elegance and flair: a staff-wielding tank with divine powers.

On her having loads of specials, I dunno entirely if I care about them much. I guess if to exploit the game if there's some way, but aside from that, not too looking to use them outside because it might prove breaking the character in local competition
Also, around here one would say that Sakurai's favouritism and bias shows here big-time., but who knows, if that kicked off including Palutena, then I wouldn't complain.
Heck, she grants the powers herself on Pit's use, or is seen looking after them when you rearrange them in Uprising. (Remember the Random-button?).
I'm digging that Auto-Reticle is one of her default specials though.

But really, the only character I looked forward to make it (rest are picked-up acquintances, :4greninja::4villager: for example ), even if I wonder if she just got a free pass. But I dunno if to complain, she's at least not entirely Sakurai's creation in the beginning, only rebirthed by him, which I'm approving off. She looks just beastly and I can't wait to defeat my newest rivals in her divine elegance in the future.

:4pacman:: 95

I used to support Lloyd Irving for Namco-representation, but after the whole PS3 Symphonia Chronicles-thing, I had to admit that Tales Of was truly favouring Sony over Nintendo when it came to their games. This made me leave Lloyd in bitterness, and just expect to see Pac popping in.
Of course there were people wanting to see him, and I wouldn't dare to be against the Videogaming Mascot 4 being a reality in Smash. Especially after Sonic was confirmed to return, which just amped that hype due Megaman being now around.
My only concern was: would they do Pac well? Will he truly feel a fun, and not forced character due Namdai being the developer to Smash 4?

When I came to Smashboards the day after E3, I saw what was his iconic pizza form as the trailer pic. I cringed hard, expecting that Pac seemed to have been made the joke 3rd Party character. Cue me watching the trailer seeing that jokeful moveset in action, and I was taken aback.

He didn't appear to be that joke-character pizza-form I expected. It was the classic design. I crackd a smile. From there, it was just full-on amazing impressions.

They made Pac-Man feel timeless. They made him irresistibly toony. They made Pac feel beyond retro. And most of all, they made Pac-Man feel fun.
That trailer had me watch it about million times. Might say it's my most favourite after Villager's. Mac's and to some extent, Greninja's.

I was aware how Namco loved to have the whole "retro arcade fever" aesthetic in most of their Pac-Man games, before the whole rebooting the franchise to that weird Ghostly Adventure-style, most evidenced in Pac-Man World-games and cameo/quest appearances he made in his games. So all the throwbacks to Namco's arcade classics just felt right. Combining this with Pac-Man's classic design, fun personality showing in his moves and the moveset, he feels like some sort of equivalent of having a timeless mascot imported right from his times to the game (Felix the Cat or Mickey Mouse from his first years come to mind). I even made a post about this comparison and thoughts more in-depth here.
I would truly say, if there was a 3rd Party I'd most love to play as in the future, it would be Pac-Man. They outdid themselves bringing him in the form he was meant to be, and it's absolutely amazing. And we finally have come to the full circle of dreams. SSB4 will now be the only game to feature Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man and Mega Man taking on each other. Coming soon to your stores September 13nth and October 3rd.

Sakurai has written himself to history.

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
:4palutena:(95%): While not that big a fan of KI, I always thought she was good a character enough to be allowed a spot. And we needed some ladies, anyhoo.
:4pacman:(100%): FANTASTIC! If we're to have another third party character, it's gotta be this dude. He's older than Mario, influenced Mario, a mascot of a very old company and, well, look at this way.
While there may be people who don't know Palutena or Greninja, EVERYBODY knows who Pac is. Yep, he's a Star.
:4mii:(10%): Never liked them before, and probably never will. Smash once had the subtitle "Nintendo All-Star", and though it dropped it from Brawl, I think the basic idea should stay the same. It's a game about Nintendo characters, not these stuff! The Villager at least had Animal Crossing stuff to go with him, but these...OCs...ugh.
Also, if their inclusion is leading to the cut of some characters, I'll be more than angry. If they aren't, well...I guess I can let it pass.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
:4mii:: 75% Call me crazy but I actually like Mii and I actually really like the Create-A-Fighter concept. That said it has wasted great development time and I wanted a prop master Mii. ;~;
:4palutena:: 95% I love Kid Icarus Uprising and Palutena is no exception. I really love her moveset with her staff spinning and the powers are a cool concept. Her personality was carried well too. I used to have a problem with her model but she's looking mich better. -5% due to being obvious and trailer being slightly cheesy.
:4pacman:: 90% 4 icons of gaming together. Awesome. His moveset is pretty grand too though I'm considering why he uses his enemies to attack.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Miis
Satisfaction: 60%
Overhated imo. I’m seriously looking forward to some fun matches playing as them. The Sword Fighter is pretty generic yes, but the Brawler, and especially the Gunner seem like really interesting characters. Having such a customizable character is something I’ve always wanted to see in Smash and now we have it. I’m looking forward to see if we get more mii classes in the future as DLC.

Palutena
Satisfaction: 65%
Sakurai bias starts to rear its ugly head. Kid Icarus barely deserved a second rep (yet it has 3 for some baffling reason). I’m not going to call out that she looks op, because it’s too early for that, but all the diversity she has looks pretty cool. That said, my hype levels severly dropped when I found out that out of all the awesome moves she has, her default moveset is the lamest one possible. Seriously a reflect move AND a counter? Since I won’t be able to use the other moves online, I’m incredibly disappointed. She’s dropped quite a bit for me because of that

Pac-Man
Satisfaction 99.99%
My Second-most wanted newcomer behind K Rool, they implemented him near flawlessly. They used his stellar Pac-Man World design, and his moveset is incredibly quirky. Not to mention he has one of the best trailrse ever I only wish that they had used some moves from Pac-Man World 2, that game is seriously one of my favorite platformers, and it’s a shame he didn’t get any moves from that game, other than his up-air. Seeing the Butt Bounce or Rev Roll would have been very nice to see. (Also his Wii U stage looks like it was made in MS Paint which sucks)

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Palutena :4palutena:: 100%, she looks amazingly fun to play as and she's possibly my favorite Nintendo character, so obviously I'm hyped about her.
Mii Fighters :4mii:: 0%, hate them. All three have pretty generic movesets and I've always disliked miis.
Pacman :4pacman:: 20%, according to the new demo in japan he plays like he's in brawl and is super slow. Not excited to use him and in disappointed with his moveset.

zon770

Smash Rookie
Mii Fighters: 75%
I am starting to warm up to the idea of these guys. They get us closer than ever to having our favorite humanoid characters.

Palutena: 95%
I think that she is a great character worthy of fighting in Smash.

Pac-Man: 100%
Seeing the 4 iconic characters of video games (:4mario::4megaman::4sonic::4pacman:) fight really gets me hyped for this game.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Mii Fighters - 20% - Ugh. Way too much work, never really cared about the "create a fighter" concept, and would rather have just one. If there was just one, I might have been closer to neutral, but as it stands I don't like them.

Palutena - 89.5% - OK, while I never was as hyped as I was for Mega Man, she still takes the cake as my most wanted character I would rather not have the super special customization, but otherwise I consider her near flawless.

Pac-Man - 35% - Well, we got a retro video game icon. And does he offer anything else? If he was first party, I wouldn't mind, but as a third party I don't think he matches up to snuff. He doesn't have as interesting a move set as the 3 other third parties, so I'd say he doesn't match up to what is needed.

D

Deleted member

:4pacman: 100%: I never cared for Pacman in Smash, mainly because of his godawful new Ghostly Adventures design. But Sakurai fixed that with my favorite of his designs. He seems fun to play as, and even though he was shown in a conference first, his trailer was still awesome. He also brought Game and Watch back with him. And he also saved E3 2014 when it came to Smash News for me, and you'll see why below.

:4palutena: 0%: I never got why people liked Palutena, not even in Uprising. I always liked Pit's side of the conversations better, and I thought Viridi, Hades, and Dark Pit were better at the commentary job than Palutena. She was just the only reason I could fly, and then Viridi could make me fly, so I didn't care about her at all. In Smash Bros, she has 12 unique special moves. That kinda stings because I would've liked pretty much any other character to have that treatment. Why not Mario/Pacman/Megaman/Sonic? Why not any Pokemon because of how many moves they get? Or even Kirby because of his wide arsenal. But it had to be Palutena using moves that she never has been shown to use. Her expressions are so bland compared to Uprising, taking away the last of the few things she had going for her.

Her trailer wasn't hype at all. It just showed Palutena. Right at the start. No questions asked. And Gematsu had her, plus the image leak with her. Not to mention the fact that the only interesting parts of her trailer are when she isn't involved: Link Vs. Pit (until when Pit gets knocked down) and when a ton of the fighters are shown off. Plus, I hated the fanservice part, and still hate it whenever I hear waifu and Palutena in the same sentence, manily because of the fanservice segment.

:4mii: -9001% (or 0% since I can't go lower :(): *RANT INCOMING* The Mii Fighters are the blandest part of the roster. Almost all of there moves have something in common to another character, making them extremely redundant and just a way of having some people play as themselves or their idols to beat up much better characters. I was never a fan of character creation, mainly because it takes away from every one of the beloved characters Smash has. And the Miis are everywhere. They've been getting spotlighted with popular culture, another trailer in Japan with them vs. all the currently revealed characters. The Miis get to be the enemies in all-star mode, further spotlighting them. They have tons of hats and different shirts. Miis also get 12 unique special moves, which is another slap in the face to me, since I would prefer other characters to have that treatment, or all characters to get it. It still stings even if it makes sense. On top of that, they have 3 variants. 3 variants. 3. That is a lot of moves, only adding on to about half a character, since they're just clones of multiple characters, and Sakurai added in 6 Melee clones instead of a unique Dedede.

And then Sakurai showed off that your Miis can look like Smash characters such as Samus and Meta Knight! That burned me the hardest. Why play as some characters that are worse than Miis (Its almost guaranteed that this will happen), when you can play as a Mii, and be better! If Meta Knight's nerfed sent him near the bottom and the Mii Swordfighter is mid-tier, what will some people do? Play as the Mii Swordfighter with a Meta Knight mask and say: "Hur-dur-dur I'm Meta Knight!" Even if characters are better than Miis, its inevitable that (for lack of a better term) casuals will play as themselves wearing a Mario hat and matching clothes. Coupled with the similar movesets to other characters, and this is just a plain attention grab. Miis were already going to get a 0 percent seeing as I never wanted them in. Ever. Yet again another slap in the face was the fact that they don't use moves from their own games. That would've been 10x more unique and cosplaying as Link instead of playing as Link wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem. I get that Miis adapt to whatever game that they're in, but in a game like Smash, where it is Miis and other Nintendo characters, they literally copy whatever my favorites had going for them. And all of this costume stuff is a lot of modeling, furthering the development time to at least 5/6 clones. This picture sums up this paragraph quite well:
"But they're trailer was awesome!" Yes, yes it was, even if everybody saw it coming because they were near guarantees and Gematsu. Well, the first part where Iwata and Reggie were fighting DBZ style in real life. Then it went downhill. But yeah, I guess I do kinda want to play as Reggie and hope to find some Iwata guy onli---- Oh wait. Miis aren't useable online. If I even wanted to use them, I can't. If I don't have anybody who frequently plays Smash with me, they're useless. Any good thing that they had, (which is 0 really, since Iwata and Reggie aren't Miis in the best part of the trailer) is ruined. Done. Nobody cares. All of that development time that could've gone towards balancing characters and gamespeed/mechanics, making another character that I would probably give a **** about is gone. And all of the fans that are out there. They just got shafted. Anybody who likes the Miis. Shafted. Shrek'd. All of the effort gone into making this generic character that some people might actually like for some reason I wish I could somehow relate too, is pretty much wasted. Every single bit of advertising with these godawful characters, every part of them overshadowing quite literally every single character in the game, gone. Its such an awful design choice that I can't even comprehend why it was made. Why not use 2 generic Miis based off of the official artwork for online, Male and Female, one for each type of Mii Fighter if Hitler Miis are a problem? Why not give them one set of specials each that aren't customized, just like every other character in the game? This character is the embodiment of a middle finger to me. Its like your Dad telling you he is getting you literal **** for Christmas, and then you get a truckload of it in a septic tank thats installed next to your bed. I never wanted them in. I hated them. I knew they were getting in. It turns out that they're something worse than I could've ever imagined.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom