• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
Wow, you are the complete opposite of most smash fans...Hype 3 being your loathed 3...
We're all different. That's what makes us special. At least, that's what I was always told. Maybe my parents were just trying to make me feel loved?

@ Groose Groose should do a Phoenix Wirght post for the final day, for ol' times sake.
I've already declared that the posts I made a few weeks back on the Phoenix Wright Representation Day were my finale to the Phoenix Wright style. I just don't have enough time to do it anymore, I'm afraid. Still, I am going to try to make the last day of chance rating special...

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
Mewtwo chance: 80%
Greninja has the same silhouette as Mewtwo and Sakurai knows it. So this percentage is how sure I am that Greninja and Charizard's trailer was actually just a sneaky teaser for Mewtwo.

Mewtwo want: 100%
Also, people using how bad he was in Melee as an excuse for why he shouldn't be in this time are forgetting how much any character can differ between games. Chrom: ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!

Ridley chance: 60%
That Smash Direct tease was suspicious.

R want: 70%
I don't absolutely need him in, but I can always take more dragons. Never too many dragons.

K. Rool chance: 10%
Could happen, but...I'm not seeing it.

K. Rool want: 50%
I don't know him or really care about him, but I don't want his fans to be disappointed the way I will be if Mewtwo isn't in.

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
AWWWWW **** BOYEEE! Hype three!

K Rool
Chance: well ****...
Nintendo doesn't want to acknowledge him
Retro is actively avoiding him
It seems only Sakurai throws the kremlins a bone

Want: 100%
Please Sakky I love you, why do you to tear me apart like this.

Mewtwo

Chance: 73%(???)
I'm uncertain about Mewtwo,Sakurai expresses interest and even teases by messing with Greninja's design to fit a melee Mewtwo's silhouette, but nothing so far.

Want:100%
Only if he gets a much needed tune up, he was garbage in melee, it was like hitting a balloon with spikes attached to it, it can get you, but it would take much to knock it away.

Ridley

Chance:100%
I don't need you, you ain't my man.

I win. My win.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

King K. Rool
Chance:15%
Sadly, I think his chances are thin. He hasn't really hinted at and dixie kong is more likely.
What hasn't been said about him already? He's the main villain in most DK games and has great move set potential.

Ridley
Chance:85%
At this point, there really isn't a real reason not to put him in other than time constraints. He seemed to be pretty small in the tease and hasn't been mentioned ever since.(It's been months and we still don't have any information on him?)
He should of been in back in the melee days. There hasn't been any argument that has convinced me that he couldn't or shouldn't be a playable character.

Mewtwo
Chance:50%
He has had very slight teasing and easily the most requested veteran that hasn't come back.
Want:98%
Only took 2% out because there's a chance he might have his annoying voice from the genesect movie. That wouldn't stop me from using him though, it would just annoy me. Other than that, he's an amazing choice. He should be buffed though.

Last edited by a moderator:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Mewtwo

Chance: 75%
I am part of the camp that thinks there were some locked characters. Mewtwo is the most wanted character for Smash Bros. worldwide. In Greninja's trailer, Greninja in the cave looked incredibly similar to Mewtwo, and everyone I have seen talk about thought it was Mewtwo at first (Myself Included). He was already in Melee and planned for Brawl. He has a great chance, even after this leak.

Did not play Red and Blue when they first came out. My first encounter with the world's most powerful Pokemon was via an old Pokemon board game. Once you beat the Elite Four, you could go to an area which had Zapados, Articuno, Moltres and Mewtwo. Everyone wanted Mewtwo. Later, when playing Fire Red, catching Mewtwo was amazing. Even now with X/Y, catching Mewtwo was incredibly nostalgic and his Mega Evolutions are really cool.

K. Rool

Chance: 48%
It kills me to say this, it really does. I still think a DK rep is likely, but that leak does not have one. Once again, I believe we are getting more characters. I think both Dixie and K. Rool still have a chance. Nether have been teased to the extent Ridley or Mewtwo have been. I don't think the Kremlings in Smash Run mean much, only that Sakurai acknowledges them as iconic DK enemies. With the success of both Returns and Tropical Freeze, I am sure Sakurai will most likely give us a new DK character, it's just a matter of who.

I don't remember the original DKC games that well. I remember playing them at one point. It wasn't until Donkey Kong 64 where I started remembering K. Rool. My friend and I were awful at it. It must of been K. Rool. I distinctly member getting a game over and having K. Rool laugh and fire up the Blast-O-Matic. I barely remember playing Melee, so it was not until Brawl came out when I got into Smash. The banana hoard being stolen by Bowser felt wrong. It was from that moment I wanted K. Rool. He was one of the first characters I supported and he has always been my most wanted newcomer.

Ridley

Chance: 55%
Just a bit higher than K. Rool. Ever since the April tease, it has been at around 50/50 for him. I think that Sakurai was teasing him for a reason. He knows of Ridley's western popularity and he didn't confirm or deconfirm him. He even knew of Little Mac's popularity and he got in. Ridley has been wanted by alot more people more longer. I find it hard to believe that he could be a boss. Yet, with this leak it is looking dim. He could easily be the last character unlocked, much like Mewtwo and Wolf, which would fit his villainous nature.

I have no personal connection to Ridley or Metroid. I just started playing Super Metroid around a month ago. However, I feel sorry for the crap Ridley fans have put up for supporting a video game character to get into another video game. I may not like some characters people support, but I don't hate on them. He is also an interesting villain and a well deserved Metroid newcomer. His anti-Little Mac playstyle would be interesting aswell.

This game has been really fun and it has made Smash Bros. speculation much more entertaining. I might not be back for Smash Bros. 5 (Or 6 if you are Sakurai), but I hope that some of us will stick around for a while.

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Mewtwo 95% I have yet to see a single reason of why he is unlikely other than "he sucks"
Want 100%
KKR 35% I thnk Dixie is the most likely at this point
Want 99%
Ridley 98% Nobbody cares about the way the character screen looks, I know that people consider the supporters in denial but you know that they always say "the one who laughs lasts laughs the best"
Want 1000%

KingBroly

Smash Lord
King K. Rool
Chances: 5%
Want: 10%
- He needs to be updated for modern times before I really think he should be put into Smash. As is, he's not a character I actively want or think should be in Smash.

Mewtwo
Chances: 60%
Want: 50%
- Sakurai saying he'll consider Mewtwo for Smash 4 last year was interesting, but we've gotten 0 hints about him returning. I didn't really like playing as Mewtwo in Melee, so I don't really care if he's in or not. Given Dr. Mario's return, I'm not sure if that helps or hurts Mewtwo's chances. I'll say it helps though.

Ridley
Chances: 80%
- We know he's in the game, but at what capacity??? Ridley has been teased by Sakurai more than anything else in this game. It'd be a shame and a massive **** move on Sakurai's part if, after all that teasing Ridley wasn't a newcomer.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool, Ridley & Mewtwo Chances

K Rool: Abstain- I have no idea what's happening with him. The kremlings point towards him being in the game in some form, but that's not enough. I hope he's a DLC if he can't make it in or a boss/AT at the very least.

Mewtwo & Ridley: 85%- They have evidence and a leak going for them. They're not guaranteed, but I would find it odd if they're not playable.

Want for all 3: 100%- Out of my top 5 characters that I wanted to appear as playable characters, these three guys are all tied for second place. The only character I wanted more than them was Shulk, who I recently got.

It's been fun rating characters guys!

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Mewtwo
Chance: 50%
Want: 50%
Idc really. He's pretty cool though. I'd rather have another pkmn newcommer though.

King K. Rool
Chance 27%
Want: 95%
One of my hype 3 (dhd is confirmed and still hoping for Ridley). I love this character! Not very confident in his appearance though..

Ridley
Chance: 75%
Enough said.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Ok guys here we go, last day...

Mewtwo
-Chance: 40% Yes, i am rather confident in him, out of all the three, mainly for the return of Doctor Mario and the leaker not knowing about him in particular.
-Want: 100% Well indeed, i love Mewtwo and i would love to see him returning.

King K. Rool
-Chance: 5% Nope, i'm simply konvinced it's over for the krokodile king.
-Want: 100% It's friggin' K. Rool

Ridley
-Chance: 10% It could still happen, but i'm not banking on it anymore
-Want: 100% Yes, i know, biased. But let's be honest Metroid is an awesome franchise, Ridley is a great character, there's literally no reason to not think Ridley would add something great to Smash Bros., so here's to you Giant space Dragon.

Nomination: Groose's appreciation day x1242132142145
Post over... forever...

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
:mewtwopm:
Chance: 75% - He's kinda making me wonder now. At first I was sure we were gonna see him, but now seeing how he doesn't appear in the leak (for say), I don't know what to think. He clearly should have a chance before :drmario: and Dark :4pit: however.
Want: 80% - I'm not one of those people who absolutely needs him in this game, but here this: I've been using a team of Pikachu, Lucario, Greninja, Charizard, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo online recently. ;)

:160:(Best I can do for King K. Rool)
Chance: 20% - Let me be honest. We haven't seen this guy sense the classic Donkey Kong games mainstream wise. Is it because Nintendo can't use him after the Rare thing happened? No, everyone knows about this:

So clearly, he CAN appear. However, he missed out on Tropical Freeze and Return...
Want: 80% - Again, not an avid supporter of him, but I'd definitely prefer him in the game over Dixie Kong. He just feels like a better choice in my opinion.

:142:(Best choice I had for Ridley, In my opinion)
Chance: 50% - He had a hint. As what? A playable character? A stage boss? Heck, and assist trophy (I'm sure this is a no)? Everything about him has been left a mystery, and I honestly can't say for certain whats going to happen. I'm just gonna wait and see.
Want: 70% - I'm gonna say an even 70 just to make it fair to his fans. For one, I'm not a big Metroid player, so I can't make a fair want rate. I'll say this however, I am getting tired of the wait. If it's gonna happen, MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo
People claiming popularity, relevance and those, haven't you learned anything sometimes popularity or fan demand means NOTHING to Sakurai. Yes we got some but if popularity is the only factor to consider Mewtwo wouldn't have been cut in Brawl on the first place.
He wasn't planned to be cut though. He was part of the forbidden 7 but didn't make the final game due to time constrainsts. Sakurai never wanted to have him cut and seeing as though Dr Mario is here who was also part of that group, it looks good for Mewtwo.

Oh, and I didn't mention it before but this thread was actually the reason why I joined Smashboards a couple of months ago. So thank you to all people who have made it happen and to those who have contributed to the discussion. I won't tag anybody but pretty much anyone who had made it to this thread and posted and shared your particular opinion, I thank you and I salute you.

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
I'm too busy to keep up with all the leak business... so I'm just going to stick to the wants again.

Mewtwo
Want- 80%
Because massive fan support.

Ridley

Want- 100%
Because massive fan support.

K. Rool
Want- 100%
Because he's awesome!

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Wow. It's really hard to believe that this is coming to an end. I'm really going to miss this game. But here we go:

Mewtwo:
Chance: 12%
If DLC is a thing, he's borderline shoe-in material, but with the leaks it seems like he will end up as cut yet again.
He is very fun to play in Project M.

K. Rool:
Chance: 2%
I'm sorry. There is just so much going against him at this point. And if Wii Fit trainer wasn't evidence enough, popularity isn't everything.

Want: 80%
I think he would be fun to play as.

Ridley:
Chance: 25%
Really, he's the only character I could see being added outside of the leak. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Want: 1%
Speculation for smash 5 just wouldn't be as fun without him. I'm aware this is literally the most selfish reason possible to not want a character's inclusion, but I stand by it. Imagine who the big players of ssb5 will be. For all we know, K. Rool's popularity could evaporate over time, and people may just accept that Mewtwo may not come back. Isaac, Krystal, Bandana Dee, and every other popular candidate could easily end up like Geno: A character that was at one point ridiculously requested, but over time became a simple relic of the fanbase. But support for Ridley will never die. Until the day when he is added, there will be debates, supporters, and his popularity will exceed that of even most veterans when polls ask what characters people want to see. Unless Nintendo makes a game staring Chuck Norris, I can't imagine support for any newcomer will ever rival that of Ridley.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Mewtwo: 80%
The leakers have questioned what Mewtwo's role and he is the most wanted character. They can't ignore him at this point. Plus 7 Mario characters vs 5 Pokemon is abysmal.
Want: 95% Never played Melee but he is a bad*** Pokemon
K. Rool: Abstain
I don't even know at this point.
Want: 95% I want a DK rep and a king crocodile would totally work.
Ridley: 60%
The teasing is just so suspicious.
Want:100% PURPLE SPACE DRAGON!!!!!!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Mewtwo: CL
You've (most of you) read my classic post on Mewtwo. All the way back here, it's the longest rating post in RTC history (I think?). And I still stand clearly by it to this day.
Chance and Want: 100%

K Rool: Crocodile Cannon Puns
Chance: 40%, Whereas Hypothetical Dixie is 60%. I believe that K. Rool may be subjugated to Trophy role again, sadly... He can appear, but no guarantee he'll be on the roster.
Want: 50%- Indifferent to K. Rool. Honestly, used to want him, but now I don't care as much.

Ridley: Purple Mega Charizard X with Flight
Chance: 60%- Given Sakurai's history of trolling, I expect us to figure out the fate of Ridley next week or so. If we don't see him, I think he might be in! At this rate, he's truly a character with size and stature in fans and abilities.
Want: 70%- I've begun to warm up to Ridley. I'd like to see a giant Sentinel-sized character in Smash, and this guy fits the color, and the bill.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Wohoho, wow, you sure didn't do the research. King K. Rool is far, FAR more popular. In fact, King K. Rool is the #1 most requested Nintendo newcomer, period. The only more requested characters out there are Mewtwo and Mega Man. Dixie is somewhat popular, but she doesn't even come CLOSE to K. Rool's popularity. Dixie isn't even in the top five characters for both the west and east. The only reason Dixie is the more popular suggestion brought up NOW is because she returned to the DK franchise before K. Rool. That's literally it.

Being a more logical choice is an opinion, so I can't really argue about that one, and I won't.
My apologies I merely parroted what I've been hearing about Dixie and K.Rool in that I thought she was more popular than him. Truth is it doesn't matter to me since neither of them look like my kind of character so I never really paid any attention to them. I'll take your word for it and bump his chances up another 10% but I still think Dixie might have more of a shot due to relevancy, female character and her design isn't so eye twitching bad (seriously what is going on with K.Rool's eye?)

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Mewtwo:
Chance: 60%
Want: 95%

K. Rool:
Chance: 40%

Ridley:
Want: 90%

I cannot express how much I want these characters to appear, they are the big three after all. I think it would be very sad to not see a single one of them make it into the roster.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Mewtwo Chance: 45%. All in all, one of the likeliest, if not the most, outside of those already leaked/known.
Want: 20%. If there's going to be another Pokémon, I'd much rather it be another newcomer. I don't think much of the playstyles of the Pokémon announced thus far; Squirtle, Ivysaur and Pikachu were the only ones I liked in Brawl, and Greninja looks only slightly more interesting than the other two returning. Honestly, I think he does deserve the spot more than Charizard, and certainly more than Jigglypuff, but all three back and only one newcomer is a crying shame.

K.Rool Chance: <2%. If DK gets a newcomer, it won't be him, end of story.
Want: 20%. If DK must get a newcomer, I'd rather it not be him. Honestly, I think the two DK reps we have are fine; they sum up the playstyle of the games incredibly well and are far more iconic than anyone else.

Ridley Chance: Abstain. I don't know what to think about him, as there's compelling evidence for a number of possibilities (well, character or stage hazard, at least).
Want: 50%. Purely out of principle, I think he does deserve a slot, but I'd definitely never play him, so I won't be crushed if he's not in. Plus, you can call me sadistic, but it's basically win-win for me; if he's in, everyone's happy (I don't think the honest detractors number many at all) and we can finally shut up about his chances as a community, and if he's not, the reactions are going to be priceless, and we can still finally shut up about his inclusion. (Oh, who am I kidding; everyone's going to immediately jump on the "Ridley is DLC" bandwagon for about a year and a half first.)

Well, that might have been harsher than I intended, but it's pretty clear where I stand on the "Hype Three". Groan. And after seeing that title thrown around so much here, as if they're guaranteed by their popularity in so or so faction of the fanbase, if they're not in...

:4myfriends: I'll find it hard to be sympathetic.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
K Rool:
I guess I'll start with him...
Chance: 29%
I was going to be very pessimistic about his chances, but I've thought about the possibility of some sort of final reveal of hype explosions (and as usual, my opinion on Dixie's chances has decreased a lot right after we rated her). His popularity alone continues to keep him from falling too low. But like I said, popularity alone. Kremlings are in Smash Run? Cool? Remember what we went over on the Chorus Men's day? And the Ice Climbers?
Well it's even worse for K Rool, as those are separate series, and these are just the most iconic DK mini-villains (what's the word for that?), and have the same representation as the Tiki enemies.
So honestly, there are no hints. None.
I'm pretty sure someone tried to call a picture of Yoshi and some villains on the Boxing Arena a hint. And I don't think I need to say anything else about that... So what else was there? Not only is he not getting hinted by Sakurai, despite being such a major candidate, but he's also getting little to no attention from "leakers". Fake leaks, real leaks, text leaks, and undetermined leaks... I haven't seen K Rool anywhere. Mewtwo and Ridley are on every other one. And even Dixie is too. Often I'll see Impa, Chorus Kids, Wolf, Ice Climbers, and even Mach Rider too. He's in a more similar situation to Isaac at this point, if anything. A character who's been living on with what the majority considers to be high chances because of popularity.

Man, I started at 49% when I began to write his section, but kept on convincing myself it wasn't that likely, sorry K Rool, but now it looks like I'm giving you only 29%
Want: 75%
I was going to give him higher, but there are others I want to see first. If we knew there was only one character left, I'd probably be giving him less than 50%... But he seems so... worth it. Characters are popular for reasons. And this is the game that Nintendo characters belong in. It's too bad he hasn't been appearing in other games he's belonged in recently...

Before I go on... man, BluePikmin has another text leak pre-ESRB photos?
Well I don't think others have had access to the final roster, just the one we've seen, for the most part.
But I'm considering it enough that I took off 20% from Mewtwo (I guess DLC does make sense after all) and 10% from Ridley.

Ridley:
Chance: 62%
This isn't your every day maybe 50/50 slightly in his favor.
There's so much going for him, and so much going against him.
So I'll just talk about new stuff. We all know the old stuff. Seriously, it's been 1 year and 2 weeks since Pyrosphere was revealed (unless I'm remembering wrong and it was the 28th instead of the 20th).
It's just... the hype. False hype, or real hype, I don't know right now. But Sakurai has been against false hype before. The 2 most notable recent cases being Takamaru and Ghirahim. Two of my most wanted characters... I thought they were so likely... Ugh, he showed their true fate off perfectly, but that didn't keep me from getting salty. Takamaru was revealed an assist the Pic after (or the one after that) Mysterious Murasame Castle was revealed for the E-shop, their was a lot of excitement that this would lead to him being playable, but Sakurai ended that before the hype could get fully started up. He was even smarter when it came to Ghirahim. That Friday he showed off a pic explaining songs, including new ones/remixes (and updated the website with songs) and the example he used was Skyloft/Ghirahim's Theme iirc. This would have definitely caused a lot of Ghirahim hype, but the day before that... he was confirmed an assist trophy. False hype avoided. Now, let's put this on a much larger scale, Ridley is the most requested character from the West, where I believe there is more Smash speculation and sales... easily more fans altogether, right? (maybe not, I'm asking) and has been being brought up, teased, given a lot of evidence to support him, etc for over a year now. Many are hyped for Ridley, if he's not in, how should have Sakurai have deconfirmed him? By revealing him as a Stage Hazard during a small clip in the trailer(s) at E3. Even if it looked unfinished like Wily's Castle/Yellow Devil. There was so much excitement over the new game, and getting Mega Man, and all the others. Big 'ol Ridley would have been small news. But he didn't do that. Now, lets say Sakurai was just in a troll mood that day in August, and described him instead of revealing him, what should he have done after that?
1. Almost never show that stage to keep suspicions low
2. Leak Ridley as a Stage Hazard (Yes, Sakurai leaking something :p) maybe in a picture that also shows a cool veteran that's obvious but wouldn't be confirmed until the game is out- Ness. Making some want it to be true. Especially if he did something like bring Lucas back and reveal him using one of Ness's moves that were unique to him- which we wouldn't know was only a custom move all along.
2. Or actually deconfirm him during the Smash Direct, or right after, when everybody was still pretty sure that he was a stage hazard and it being a tease hadn't become a popular theory.
2. Or reveal him the same way I said before, just at E3 2014. Many were already disappointed with Smash at E3 2014 though, this wouldn't have gone as well as the others, but many were preparing themselves for it to happen, even Ike.
(hell, after all this, or even just the teasing he's done himself, it would have taken less time to just add him :p)

It's not certain that he's not a stage hazard because of this, but it's 100% fact that if he's not playable, Sakurai had a really dirty, ****ty, slutty way of telling us, and had many better opportunities than prolonging the hope/hype. I'd be shocked if he didn't know that many people still are very sure Ridley is in, and are hyped for his inclusion. I just can't see why he wouldn't add him, he's so iconic, has so many boss fights to take moves from, he's so requested, he's everything and he's the main villain from a series that has always been lacking representation, and this is for a game that lacks villains (I'd say always again, but Brawl had a good villain selection imo). Hell, it looks like we're losing a villain, not to mention that's what all 3 of these characters are... considered (Mewtwo isn't usually a villain iirc). He made more sense than anybody. Even Shulk. Even Little Mac. Even Miis. Even my favorites like Rosalina. I'm not biased enough to say she deserved to be playable more than he did. Even many of the veterans, too, and leaked characters, and cut characters, and K Rool! That's just why it's so hard to grasp the possibility that he's not in.

Wait, I have one more thing in his favor. People have been replying to those that say that Ridley could be on the final roster, even though he wasn't on the leak. They say that a character like Ridley, who could be considered scary to little kids, would have to be shown off to the ESRB, and him not being in the leak proves he's not playable. But like when we saw Tom Nook, Dark Pit, and G&W... where some saw it as a possible confirmation and others saw it as a possible deconfirmation, it meant they were in the game somehow 100%. Instead of being playable, Tom Nook was considered likely to be an assist, and Dark Pit was seen likely to be a special alt for Pit, or even a stage hazard. Nobody was saying "nah, they won't even be in the game"
Ridley's Shadow could only result in 2 things.
1. Playable Ridley
2. Stage Hazard Ridley
While you can already see where I'm going, I'm going to expand on it.
Whether Ridley ends up playable or a stage hazard, he'll have a full in-game render. He'll also have a trophy. Maybe even more than 1, but this (assuming he's a stage hazard) render could easily be what they use for his trophy. Now, Pyrosphere isn't in the 3ds version, the one with the leaks, but Ridley would have a trophy in that version too. It's not just obvious because he's the 2nd most important character in Nintendo's 6th most important franchise, but because he's built into the game already. He'd have a trophy anyways, he did in Brawl. And he's only become more iconic, well-known, and necessary since then.
What I want to say is, we see all of those pictures of trophies that were there to idk... decide the rating and possibly make it T, or just add another thing to the list next to the rating that nobody ever looks at (well at least I know I don't) like "possible sexual... trophies" I don't know. But Ridley wasn't there and that settles that. He's not too scary to keep away from the ESRB, I don't really disagree with the theory that Sakurai didn't see a leak coming, he might have expected it. And from what I've heard, it's not necessary to get the game rated by the ESRB at all. I can't remember, but I think I heard it was usually done by major companies for something like making it look more official or some sort of publicity but it probably also does what it seems to be there for, make it easier to select appropriate games for a child, or choose something you'd like. Also heard Indie developers almost never get their games rated. Don't quote me on any of that though.

Also, thinking about that leak, there really does have to be more characters I think. 49 can't be it, the leak was from a video, and you can't unlock characters with a video. It probably wouldn't have had a lock in the leak if they were showing the full selection. I just don't see why they would do that. What would be the point of showing the unfinished all-star screen then showing the full roster right after that? I'm not holding much weight into that anymore. There are a lot of Ninka knock-offs, I'm just surprised it got the attention it seems to have gotten when it was just a text leak. But it was right.

Want: 99%
It feels necessary.
Definitely needed, the quality of this game would multiply. I'm not personally attached, he just needs to be in.
I'd love if he had a flying mechanic that was either like Project M Mewtwo's float, Peach's float, or something similar to R.O.B.'s recovery. This type of fighter hasn't been covered yet. Basically, a heavy aerial fighter. A combination of great recovery, a flying/floating mechanic, far range, slow ground movement, and maybe to take this further, maybe a reverse Little Mac- he'd have powerful, ranged attacks in the air involving stuff like his tail (comparable to Mewtwo and Peach) but weaker attacks on the ground mostly involving projectiles of Fire (comparable to Mega Man). That type of character would be very interesting imo, I love fighting from the air. It'd be nice to have a character where that's what you're supposed to do, and could be a good start for learning aerial fighting in Smash 4 for other characters.

Wow, that was way too big.

Mewtwo:
Phew... I'm tired now.
I'll probably have to make it short.
Along with Link and Zelda, Mewtwo was my favorite character to use for fun in Melee. During the short time I was able to play it... He was easily my most played. He just looked so cool. I couldn't get over how cool he looked. I'd play with items just to see him hold them.
Chance: 63%
I was going to give 75%, then 55%, and now I'm giving 63%
Obviously it's pretty hard to tell what's going on right now, keeping up with all of these different leaks. Some not being connected, some coming later, some before?
But if there's a character that makes more sense than Ridley, it's Mewtwo. He's even more popular. And has Eastern popularity. Hell he might even be more popular there, Pokemon is bigger there I think. And he's easily the 3rd most popular Pokemon, Pikachu being the 1st and Charizard being the 2nd. I'd call Lucario the 4th and Greninja the 5th atm, and while they were already the most popular of their generation, Smash probably helped... a lot.
As for Mewtwo, well, popularity matters. The next big thing matters. Movies matter. Recency matters.
He has everything and that doesn't need to be argued. But to add a point that could go against him, is Greninja getting picked by design. I don't know when the concept of Mega Evolutions even came up in development of X and Y. How could I? I don't know if they'd even ask to look at them. But I guess he'd probably come up no matter what, and what his role would be. Sakurai already has added him to Smash as a full, unique character. He doesn't have some sort of bias against him, and neither would Game Freak or the Pokemon company, he's so advertise-able, his popularity=$$$... what's not to like in their perspective? Returning to Smash would not only help Smash, but would make Mewtwo even more popular than he already is, and GF/Poke company could use that for whatever they want. Really, it's a win-win-win situation.
Pokemon developers win.
Smash developers win.
Fans win.
He should be in the game, and should have been revealed a while ago, before Lucario and Greninja. Once those 2 were confirmed suddenly a bunch of people didn't like him and there were Mewtwo detractors everywhere- I swear, I can't remember seeing one of those before 2014 :p
Want: 99%
And I'm not one of them. Mewtwo really should return, I doubt he'd be like he was in Melee, but I'd be so hyped if he was!
They could just increase his speed and power a little bit and that'd be good enough, c'mon it'd be so easy, developers! You don't need to think of anything new! All that needs to be done is modeling everything in!... which is probably the hardest part that takes the most time. But still, you can't yank such a major character out of Smash like that, not cool, you leave people expecting their return. Many don't expect some of the other major contenders, but almost all of us at some point expected Mewtwo's return to some extent, yes?

Predictions:
RTC Ending: 100%
Rating Satisfaction Soon: 100%
Roster Disappointment: 101%

x666 Hades Satisfaction

Morbi

Scavenger
Ridley Chance: 100%

Ridley is one of the most logical choices, I could probably assert that he is one of Nintendo's most prominent antagonists; however, I believe that all three characters being rated on this very day share that trait. The April Direct, prior to the April Direct I was a detractor. The prospect of Ridley seemed outlandish based on Sakurai's assertions prior to development on Smash 4. That sentiment was immaterial the moment Sakurai implied that Ridley was a boss character. The entire reveal was completely and utterly counter-intuitive. First, there was the ambiguous allusion despite the purpose of the presentation being "to inform" which includes disclosure. The language was equivocated and we did not learn anything other than the notion that Ridley was in Smash in some capacity. Secondly, there was the shadow symbolism most commonly associated with "secrecy." There is no inherent need to keep something hidden if you are attempting to convey that he is a boss character. After that, we have Sakurai's treatment of the fan-base that is not consistent with every single other reveal and potential reveal despite needing the most clarity over an extended period of time. We must remember that this Direct was edited to present these facts, it was not chance, per se. It was quite literally intended to incite speculation. Why incite speculation if you just confirmed that Ridley is a boss? Because he did not. Simple as that, I suppose. Unless Sakurai is incompetent, it becomes blatantly clear that Ridley is playable.

Ridley Want: 100%

He is purple.

Mewtwo Chance: 90%

Again, I could probably write a text-wall detailing his merit; however, we are all well aware that Mewtwo is the most merit based character to ever grace Smash. I am just going to leave it at this: Greninja was animated improperly in his reveal trailer and Sakurai's unwarranted interjection are more than enough to discern that he is likely. Unless unprecedented circumstances occur, he is on the final roster.

Mewtwo Want: 100%

He is purple.

King K. Rool Chance: 0.1%

There is no evidence in his favor, the Kremlings are not relevant to King K. Rool exclusively, therefore they are not indicative of his inclusion. Other than that, he is not a pertinent aspect of Donkey Kong any longer. I am not sure why he has so many advocates or why they believe he is on par with Ridley or Mewtwo to be honest.

King K. Rool Want: 100%

He might not be purple, but he is one of my favorite Nintendo characters.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Mewtwo: 50/50. Not really much evidence that I can see, buy he is popular and unique.

Want:95%. It's mewtwo. Friggin mewtwo. Gimme.

Ridley: 65%. I think all the teasing is a pretty good point for inclusion, but I'm not 100% sold yet. I'm hoping for some more teasing soon if at least to give us more to dissect.

Want: 99.9%. My want has grown exponentially in the time of have spent both in the support thread and playing super metroid. He is an excellent character that just be included.

K Rool 45%. I think that being the worldwide most requested nintendo newcomer counts for something. Plus that damn kremling trophy showing up everywhere, as well as the word "kremling" being out right ignored by nintendo. However, I would not be surprised if the fan request was ignored.

Want 100000%. No one I want more. Unique, heavyweight, iconic, and brimming with personality, the kremling king is the best newcomer I can imagine. Not only does he have a ridiculous amount of moveset potential, a shocking amount honestly, but he is one of the last major remaining characters from a big franchise. Many claim Dixie would be better, but I think that k rool more than warrants a playable appearance. He also has plenty of fun alt potential as well as some excellent music that accompanies him. With the massive fanbase surrounding k rool, I have come to want him even more. In my opinion, he is by far the character that should be in most.

In konklusion, K Rool makes too much sense, but that may be his downfall.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Wow, haven't been able to post til now due to a busy day and this round exploded! Glad to see everyone is coming out for this final round, wouldn't have it any other way. Thankfully RTC isn't quite over yet and I'll be looking forward to these final days. Now then, let's rate, shall we?

An Overview of the Big Three

Like yesterday, let's cover some basic information first. Thanks to the ESRB leak we have a 48 character roster revealed, 49 with Miis, and some 4-5 slots remaining, again depending on how we select Miis. We also know that the All-Star Mode on that copy of the game isn't fully unlocked, so presumably those slots will be filled with characters. Though we can't say for sure that the characters shown were unlocked in proper order, it seems fair to assume these final slots would be the very last unlocks and therefore should have good reason to be among the final unlocked characters. Finally, we have some recent text leaks claiming to know which characters will fill those slots, and while I'm no expert on the subject, it seems these speculated characters commonly include Mewtwo, Ridley, and Dixie, with others including Chorus Men, Impa, Mach Rider, and I believe Wolf. None of those leaks are credible, but it is perhaps notable that those particular characters are on top of the speculation pile of late.

Now, the trio of Mewtwo, Ridley, and King K. Rool have all been major parts of the Smashboards speculation scene for SSB4 since E3 2013, and given their popularity many have been convinced they have strong chances to be in the game. However, we're now down to the wire as it were and none of them are confirmed, despite knowing a roster of nearly 50 characters. Does this mean we were wrong about them? Well, not entirely. From my perspective, two of them have great reason to be late unlocks, and between those two one has seen some truly ridiculous teasing and the other has been directly referenced by Sakurai himself. Also, for all we know those final characters could be locked until the Wii U version releases to help create extra hype, and no doubt any of these three would make for major reveals. Unfortunately, I do think it's likely the end of the road for one of those three characters, so I'll start by talking about him:

King K. Rool - 10%

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. The speculation community has long held to the idea that Donkey Kong would receive a third representative after the massive success of Donkey Kong Country Returns, and for most that character was assumed to be the recurring villain K. Rool. Though his importance has waned in the past decade, he nevertheless represents their most prominent foe and a truly unique possibility for the Smash franchise, and clearly he has lots of fan support on Smashboards at the minimum. However, while hopes have been high for the King to enter the fray, over a year of official reveals has given him nothing but some Kremling enemies in Smash Run which hardly herald his arrival when they're such iconic enemies to the Donkey Kong series. Heck, even the text leaks have seemingly abandoned him, and in fact now claim Dixie will get the nod as a popular DK character whose profile has actually increased in recent years thanks to Tropical Freeze. Also, while this is merely a gut feeling on my part (I'll be doing that a fair bit in today's ratings), I don't think K. Rool would be implemented as such a late unlock. As a fully unique character with no Smash history and majorly iconic status to his series, if anything he'd probably be a major pre-release reveal that he clearly did not get. K. Rool's chances don't fall quite as flat as Isaac's have in my book simply because of his unusually high popularity, but unless DLC comes to save him, I think the king is dead.

Want - 75% - I'm a sucker for heavy characters in Smash (even if I never main them), and I do have some nostalgia for the King thanks to DK64. That said, I'm just not a big fan of him as a character. I've long preferred Dixie over K. Rool as a Smash newcomer possibility, and while I can't say I would be at all opposed to his inclusion, I'm not crazy for the idea either.

Mewtwo - 75%

Where the King has seemingly been dethroned, this legendary veteran has found new life in the wake of the ESRB leak. As such an infamous cut from the Melee roster with a veritable legion of fans, having Mewtwo return to Smash simply makes sense, and he's so notable that he even got a comment from Sakurai that his inclusion was being considered. Even if you ignore the leaks that claim he's one of our final characters, him being a super late unlock makes perfect sense: he already has a moveset and strong Smash legacy thanks to Melee and being in Brawl's Forbidden Seven, he's been indirectly teased in the Greninja trailer, and he really has no reason to be revealed pre-release. His inclusion is low-risk and would make for an amazing surprise, perfect for a character who would be near (or at) the very end of the unlock process. The Pokemon franchise definitely has the space to facilitate his inclusion, and really there hasn't been any evidence that he's out. I don't know for sure what our final few characters will be, which is why I've got a few hovering at 50% and could see plenty more hanging at low percentages still, but my gut's telling me that two characters in particular will be in the game, and one of those two is Mewtwo.

Want - 75% - I have no strong love for Mewtwo, but him being cut from Melee was a mistake, and I'd be all for Sakurai finally correcting that mistake and bringing him back for SSB4. Also, like I said above, I just think he'd make for a fantastic surprise to put near the end of the unlock process. Won't be crushed if he's missing again, but I'd definitely prefer his inclusion.

Ridley - 75%

No character stirs up the speculation community like Ridley, and for good reason: depending on how you interpret a veritable gauntlet of teases from Sakurai, Ridley's chances can range from being a near-lock for inclusion to long since deconfirmed. It's been a long road for fans of the character to endure, perhaps the strongest single fanbase on Smashboards, but I think it's finally going to pay off. I won't go too far into analysis, but here's how I see it: for roughly a year now, we've been hearing about this Pyrosphere stage and Ridley's relation to that stage has been teased regularly, to the degree that we've seen his shadow over said stage, yet despite these teases for one of the earliest revealed stages we still have no confirmation he is a stage boss. Now, I'm no PR expert, but stringing along fans for so long only to let them down with him being a boss again seems like it would be a massive blunder, one a company like Nintendo should be too smart to make. Further, none of those teases have been conclusive evidence of him being a boss, and indeed Ridley's shadow has been proven to actually be small enough that it's comparable to those cast by larger playable characters like Bowser or Charizard. Simply put, he's far from deconfirmed, and in turn it's easy to see how these teases could in fact be referring to a playable Ridley.

But it's this recent leak that has really made me feel confident in his inclusion along with Mewtwo. No, it's not because of the text leaks like the one regularly attached to the Ninka leak that include him (although they don't hurt). No, it's not even that he's inexplicably survived a massive, unplanned information dump thanks to said leak (although, again, it sure doesn't hurt). Rather, it's because he feels like an ideal choice for one of the final unlockable characters, if not the very last one. Ridley's a character with a strong Smash legacy, appearing in the intro video for Melee and appearing as a boss twice in Brawl. He's been highly requested for multiple Smash games including SSB4, and he's by far the most desired and most sensible character for Metroid, a franchise arguably due for a newcomer. Most importantly, though, he's a character who's worth keeping a secret. It's no coincidence that Pyrosphere is a Wii U-only stage, the version of the game that releases second, and that they've been teasing Ridley's relation to the stage since very early on in the SSB4 reveal season. Fans all over want to know if he's in the game, and even now, just 10 days before the Japanese 3DS release, his role is a mystery. You wanna know what my gut is telling me? Not only is he a secret newcomer, he's either an extremely late unlock on 3DS or hard-locked until the Wii U version releases so that he can be used to hype up that second release. It just feels so perfect, the ideal culmination of this very long, very deliberate Smash 4 hype campaign. Maybe I'm proven completely wrong, maybe we really should have assumed since the Direct that he's out, but for this final rating I'm going to believe Nintendo's better than that. C'mon Ridley, now's your time!

Want - 100% - You wanna know one more reason I'm confident Ridley's in? Because after a year of teases and speculation, I'm now extremely excited by the prospect of Nintendo delivering and bringing the purple space dragon to Smash. Me, a gamer with minimal Metroid experience and no real attachment to the character to speak of beyond his Smash presence. If Nintendo's not intentionally hyping him up, then that's just more credit to him for having such a fervent fanbase that I'm willing to believe otherwise. Let's go Ridley!

And that's it! Thanks everyone for all the ratings, and I'll see you all tomorrow and in the coming days as the topic winds down. Oh, and be sure y'all join that RTC group if/when it's made, I'd love to play with you guys online when the game releases a month from today.

(Holy cow, it really is exactly one month till October 3rd. GET HYPE!)

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
You've (most of you) read my classic post on Mewtwo. All the way back here, it's the longest rating post in RTC history (I think?).
Oh, yeah, it’s that time again. Mewtwo Time. And you guys remember my old post back in RTC, the biggest rating, by word count, in the history of RTC? Well, I'm gonna top it now!

Time to… ahem, top that record. Sorry Shulk, but you’ll get a smaller rating of 75% chance, 100% Want. But hey, you got 100% want, Shulk! Don’t feel so salty and undertreated! And look at all these other ratings you got!

Anyways, let’s get to the serious situation. Consider this, a Logic Bullet, if you will.

This post has been placed in a spoiler, as to not cause a massive clutter. It’s quite large in content and is my biggest post ever, actually, so out of respect for mobile users, I give you forewarning when you open this Spoiler.
M2U-CL-Myutsu

So, let’s begin. And the beginning is the return of my Pros VS Cons system of rating characters. With some facts and issues in between.

The Facts/Pros:

-Mewtwo is ridiculously popular. No, I mean it. He’s not only the most requested character worldwide but he even tops newcomer requests for characters like Pac-Man, Megaman and King K Rool. As a result, he’s a character that many fans have clamored for since his conspicuous absence from Brawl.

-Mewtwo was not ever replaced by any character in Smash Bros. In fact, Mewtwo has been planned for every game, and likely even 4, if Sakurai’s comments hinting around the possibility of Mewtwo are anything to hear. While Sakurai is known for trolling, when it comes to a character of such a special situation, being requested so dearly, trolling the fans with Mewtwo being something else or trolling them about the character that’s most wanted in the world wouldn’t be a good PR strategy. As for how he’s been planned…

=An interview with Nintendo developers and Sakurai regarding Super Smash Bros 64 reveals that Mewtwo, Bowser and King Dedede were all planned for the first game, but in typical Sakurai fashion, were cut for timing issues.

=Mewtwo, along with Bowser and Dedede, were planned for Melee. While Bowser and Mewtwo made it in as newcomer, Dedede was cut for time constraints and 6 clones (Falco, Dr. Mario, Young Link, Roy, Ganondorf and Pichu) were placed in the game instead of the King.

=Dedede was eventually a newcomer for Smash 4, along with Meta Knight, giving two newcomers for Kirby. 5 characters, 4 being clones, were cut in Brawl, but the issue regarding these characters is the circumstances for their attendance taking a hit. It turns out that Dr. Mario, Roy, and Mewtwo were all planned for Brawl as their data was found on the disc as incomplete. While many speculate that they were imports, Mewtwo and Roy have special fanfares that go unused. Mewtwo appears to be the most complete of the unused characters, but the issue is what exactly caused him to not be in the final game. Many have speculated and said Lucario has directly replaced Lucario as a “clone”, but this is incorrect by factual levels.

Noticing a trend? Sakurai has trouble with time, because he takes his time making these games the best they can be.

-Lucario is not a clone of Mewtwo, straightforward and to the point. Even the move they are “considered to share” is different; Aura Sphere is a standard projectile and Shadow Ball travels as a Medusa Head pattern (coined from Castlevania’s Medusa enemies that flew in the titular path) and if 4’s to show anything, they’re barely alike in any way, shape or manner. Lucario is a physical fighter, and Mewtwo is a special one. Even moreso, Lucario’s Mega Evolution makes this even bigger of an obvious fallacy; Lucario’s Mega makes his Aura more powerful than before, something Mewtwo does not have. And speaking of Aura, I hope people get it that Aura=/=Mewtwo. Because the most aura Mewtwo gets ever in any single game is Aura Sphere, and many Pokemon learn Aura Sphere.

-Furthermore, to go onto the clone discussion, Clone Logic is dumb. By that Logic, a ton of characters are "Clones": Marth/Ike, Megaman/Sonic, Mario/Luigi, Charizard/Bowser, Kirby/Dedede, Little Mac/Greninja, the list goes on. Mewtwo and Lucario have different movesets, and they do not play the same at ALL, seriously. The Mega Evolution will only make this stand out.

-Lucario couldn’t have replaced Mewtwo if both were planned at the same time. That makes no sense to just do that in development and not get any bad PR, which Nintendo does not want. However, Brawl’s development is one thing that’s full of horrible planning, priority, bad balance, and poor Public Relations, which leads me to what actually managed to off Mewtwo and 6 other potential characters’ chances in Brawl…

-Sonic the Hedgehog. No, I kid you not. Sonic was not planned for Brawl at first, a widely known fact. He was only added as public demand grew to an insane level. Nintendo decided that he would give more profit to the game (which honestly was not a bad idea at first) but unlike Snake in Melee, they decided to not wait till next game and added him in as a late newcomer. However, being a third party results in not only a contract, but priority for his completion. What did this mean? This meant that pretty much most of the other newcomers and characters unfinished would get cut, so Sonic had to be rushed in an attempt to try and get them all done. This lead to a low quality Sonic in Brawl, and a mediocre representation as to how he played. However, it’s highly speculated that the three characters that managed to be completed that were likely already in development are Jiggs, Wolf and Toon Link, as they are late in the listings with Sonic.

-Oh, and if the trend of one character replacing another is any point, then wouldn’t Lucario get “replaced” by Greninja, who also is now being pinned as Mewtwo’s replacement? Even though Greninja plays like Strider, who doesn’t even remotely resemble Mewtwo in any way at all whatsoever? The logic behind it is flimsy and shoddy at best.

-Sakurai has dropped a hint about Mewtwo back at E3, when the roster was finalized already. The wording about this leads to the fact that Sakurai knows people want Mewtwo back in, and as a result, there’s absolutely no reason not to do so. However, he’s also noting that while the roster they have in mind is finalized, cuts are possible, which referred to any Smash character ever in the series. So far, Pokemon Trainer has been the only cut that is confirmed.

-So, with the newcomer for Pokemon revealed, many have speculated no more Pokemon characters. However, some main points are here to completely shoot that argument down.

=Brawl, as a whole, breaks this entire rule. The biggest examples come from Fire Emblem, Mother and Pokemon, ironically enough. Ike was revealed before unlockable veteran Marth. Lucas is the same with Ness. And Pokemon Trainer not only was revealed before Lucario, but ANOTHER veteran as well, Jigglypuff.

=Melee, as a whole, also breaks this entire rule. Bowser and Peach before Luigi and Dr. Mario is the main example of this occurring.

=Unlockable characters are pretty much a given at this point. Sonic and Megaman were revealed, but were unlockable. Unlocking characters, veterans and newcomers alike is not something foreign to Smash Bros, and with the way it’s looking right now, that seems to be the case. Only 29 characters have been revealed, and that seems fine considering the evolution of Smash’s Roster. The starting list will likely be 35, with a few more newcomers and veterans arriving. With those unlockables come Veterans and newcomers alike, and with the trend very likely being upheld, we can easily get another Pokemon Character.

-Mewtwo is a special case because of not only his status, but his renewed iconicness. Thanks to the Mega Evolution concept, Mewtwo has gained two new Mega Evolutions. With Game Freak essentially helping decide characters for Pokemon, it’d be a bad idea for them to have passed it up. Mewtwo’s even more special because of him being the only Legendary to Mega Evolve, allowing him to showcase Mega Evolutions, Legendary Pokemon and a famous icon from Pokemon. He’s also had two movies, now, a special (Mewtwo Returns) and is far more available than his current competition, Jigglypuff.

-In the condition that it’s a fight to see who stays, it’s likely to end in Mewtwo’s favor. Jigglypuff has seriously jumped out of the spotlight and now only clings onto dear life with the fact that she’s one of the original 12. However, that’s been shown to not always be helpful to her, as in Brawl she’s the last veteran returning to be completed according to disk data. That could very well be due to her spotlight and limelight time going away even before Brawl. Her inclusion in the original is because she was a model based on Kirby, and was easy to make for the development team given the time they had.

-Jigglypuff’s disadvantage is that the main reason it has been selected is because of the anime connection. It’s been iconic in the anime until a while back. Jigglypuff makes just minor, and minor appearances here and there. However, Mewtwo’s gotten more and more major roles.

-So certain to say we’ll get a grass type? Still doesn’t mean anything. We’re likely keeping Brawl’s count. Slots aren’t an issue, there was still a whopping plurality for Pokemon, outing above Zelda for two characters.

-6 characters for Pokémon are possible. It’s known that Sakurai doesn’t like to seriously go cut happy. So why would he get rid of 2 other Pokémon, one from Brawl as well? It’s very plausible given Brawl gave them technically 7 characters, as PT is counted as one by the disk. While 7 characters is very, very unlikely for us to see at the time and date, as with transformations gone, the characters we get are likely to be fleshed out.

-Squirtle and Ivysaur are likely getting a similar fate with PT. Having two starters of the same type is quite literally blasphermy, and with us getting at least one newcomer a game, and at least one Pokemon cut every single Smash Bros game, you can bet we’re losing at least one of them, since the cycle is caused by Game Freak’s decision in planning and promotion with it. (Note that Fire Emblem’s developers do not do this, but Sakurai does take their input). Pokemon is a mega-franchise that will showcase what would be desired best to show Pokemon, and Mewtwo fits the bill. HOWEVER, this does not mean Ivysaur or Squirtle are deconfirmed. Neither have been shown, therefore, until we see that 5th Pokemon, it’s a tossup. However, they appear as a pair; if one is deconfirmed, then the other may likely share the same fate, and if one is confirmed, it’s likely the other will be as well.

-Mewtwo is the most iconic legendary Pokemon. The Pikachu of legendaries. Some reasoning:

-One of the most iconic in the original games, still is today thanks to his resurgence with Megas.

-Mewtwo’s been planned for every freaking Smash game. If you didn’t get that earlier, please look above. Interviews have confirmed it, disk data has confirmed it. No way getting around it.

-Mewtwo has THREE Pokemon Specials, two being movies. He’s kind of like Ron Burgundy in Smash Bros. Oh, wait, what’s that? HE IS ALSO GOING TO BE IN THE NEXT POKEMON MOVIE, WHICH FEATURES MEGA EVOLUTIONS ALONG WITH DIANCIE.

-Mewtwo still fits the bill for playable. He’s appearing in X&Y (Like every single other playable character from Pokemon), is a rather important point in the game (showcases Mega Evolutions as their literal poster boy), is one of the games Legendaries, a very iconic element of Pokemon, is a new inclusion (Mega) that would work well in fighting (speculated to be a reason why Greninja may have been selected over anyone else). For Smash, he presents a unique playstyle that works with being a ranged fighter with excellent throws. Oh man, those throws. Even compared to the rest of the cast, he’s still quite unique, having an original moveset that no other character really copies from at all exactly. This original moveset is also why his cut was very controversial… many questioned it because the only other cuts were clones.

-Too many Megas? Spacies would like to see you. We got 3 Landmasters that were different, Megas are just like that. But then again they are to power up that character’s playstyle.

-Jigglypuff and Mewtwo can still coexist. Redundancy, but it’s important to note that some character will get cut in this process. Mewtwo, in addition, is a villainous character, something that Pokemon has mostly lacked. And Pokemon had the most playable characters as a series in Brawl, but no villain at all.

-Greninja is the Main Pokemon poster boy of Gen VI. Mewtwo’s the other side. I fail to see how Greninja detrimentally hurts Mewtwo when Squirtle has something to worry about.

-Mewtwo’s absence in the Direct helps him, it doesn’t hurt him. Why? The Trailer in the Direct pretty much showed off a large majority of the Pokeball Pokemon, killing off many, MANY potentials, such as Zoroark and the like. Mewtwo was not shown at all in the Direct. As for the actual gameplay? Mewtwo was not shown anywhere in gameplay. A large variety of other Pokemon were shown… Meowth, Deoxys, Zoroark, many other potentials with high chances… and Mewtwo wasn’t present. He’d likely turn into a Pokeball if he wasn’t playable to at least please fans.

-Ivysaur and Squirtle have a shot, though with another water type, it’s skeptical. Starters getting repeated has not occurred in Smash, and types have only been repeated once, with Pichu, who was the standout ridiculous iconic character at the time.

-Time constraints. Although seeing how we know the game’s been in development for two years, and there’s been two freaking teams working on this, I think time constraints aren’t going to be the largest issue.

-Sakurai’s pulling pranks on us. Ridley’s very controversial, but one cannot deny that it was very trollish. Same with Greninja looking like Mewtwo. Neither are 100% deconfirmed for various reasons.

-Muhrelevancy and muhrecency? Those are in Mewtwo’s favor, being relevant and recent, but someone will list them.

So… Logic Bullet over.
For those of you who didn't read that, it was a long, long arguement that's worth your time when you have time.

My rating for Mewtwo has not been changed. My faith in him has only increased, honestly. There’s a lot of shoddy arguments about movesets and replacements, but it’s very incorrect and wrong in nature. Once again, in my own personal thoughts, the detractors for Mewtwo are starting to disappear, as more good reasons for his inclusion have started to appear, especially with the Megas. Why not have just one dual Mega Stone Pokemon when you can have both? With my own power and rating system, I give Mewtwo a 99.99%. It might seem extreme to some, but hey, I’ve given a long, LONG explanation to why I give this kind of stuff!

Want: 100%- Okay, this one was obvious. I just made this 2500+ worded rating on Mewtwo, and you’d expect me to pull one of my logical breakdowns just because I want to?

Let me tell you this. My most wanted Veteran, even behind Meta Knight. My second most wanted character overall, behind Bandana Waddle Dee. Mewtwo’s always been a special Pokemon to me, being my first legendary captured in a game, and my original main in Melee. In Project M, I was able to recapture that glory and get the taste of what would have happened if Sakurai didn’t have those constraints back in Brawl. I have high hopes for Mewtwo in this installment and I’m sure he’ll be in the game in some shape or form. Mewtwo will someday return to Smash- and Sakurai has set up the fans with a tease- to disappoint them would be some strange mixed feelings, on top of PSD in Pyrosphere. He’s a character that I’ll be quite sad if he’s not in the game, but I’ll still be happy- This game is going to be great, and one character won’t break it or make it for me. It’s a lesson that should be learned by many, and a lesson that the roster’s going to be great regardless.
Also, this totally delayed RE and SSB because I'll put my all in this stuff.

Predictions:

Wakka (not the Final Fantasy kind)- 66%

Mii-Controversial!- 65%

Normal ratings will return once we get to normal, typical nominations. I can assure it. But as you know, Groose- I treat certain characters special, and Mewtwo’s one of those elite few.

After all this time, @ Groose Groose I think I may have came close to topping those Ace Attorney ratings. :estatic:

= 2835 words

So, Groose, I know you and a lot of others are big fans of the Phoenix Wright franchise, yeah?

Well, in honor of the last time I plan on rating a character (Unless by some weird-*** reason we rate Ridley or K. Rool again) I’m gonna be going all out.

But just doing plain ol’ Phoenix Wright has been done. Ohoho, no, that wouldn’t leave enough of an impact!

Instead, I'm going to...

break you.

If by the end I have destroyed the Phoenix Wright fandom, then I have done my job! :troll:
Oh, and I'll be honest , I've never actually played an Ace Attorney game, so I have no idea what I'm doing! :troll:

The court is now in session for the probability of Ridley from Metroid being a playable character in Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS.
Mr. Wright, how do y-

Y-you’re not Phoenix Wright!

No, I’m not. I’m Haruhi Suzumiya, your honor, and I’ll be taking the aforementioned attorney’s place today. See, ordinary “Rate Their Chances” posts involving Phoenix Wright are unoriginal and uninteresting. Though I assure you, your honor, I will provide a much stronger case than he ever has.

Umm-uh… Well… Okay…then…

I declare that Ridley is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, a playable character.

And… What say the…

Oh, of course, no Mr. Edgeworth either.

I apologize for the sudden change and confusion, your honor. My name is Itsuki Koizumi, and I’ll be taking Mr. Miles Edgeworth’s place today. I proclaim that Ridley is, as was hinted at, a stage hazard on Pyrosphere.

…*sigh* I don’t feel like dealing with this today. You two can handle this without me, yes? Of course you can. Good day.

He… left… Are judges even allowed to do that?

Let’s not delve on that for now and just continue as usual. I’m sure we can still have a civil enough discussion. Why don’t you present your case first, Ms. Suzumiya?

Okay then... Ridley is, without a doubt, a playable character. Mr. Sakurai has merely been “hyping up” Ridley. It’s a logical conclusion, and is based off of three facts:

First, Mr. Sakurai always fully shows nonplayable characters and illuminates on their role. He has done this much more bluntly with some of the more popular characters such as Ashley, Waluigi, and Skull Kid.

Second, Nintendo, and Mr. Sakurai, do listen to fans. Even though it was used as the butt of a joke, Nintendo acknowledged the outcry for a localized Mother 3 and a new Star Fox game in their Digital Event at this year’s E3. Regardless of whether they go through with either, though they’ve gone through with one those things, it still shows that they are aware of what their fans want. Mr. Sakurai even said in the Smash Direct that he has “player expectations to fulfill” when introducing Lucario’s mega evolution.

And lastly, Ridley, whether positively, negatively, or neutrally, is one of the most talked about character with regards to Smash Bros.
Ridley Smash4 videos, whether they be Shokio's or whoever's, get many views for a reason. GameFAQs gets those tons a Ridley troll threads for a reason. The Ridley support thread is, by far, the largest character support thread on Smashboards for a reason.

Now, Koizumi, surely we can both agree on these three things, yes?

I suppose I can, at the very least, accept them with some degree of truth.

Good, then we arrive at what happened during the fateful moment in the Smash Direct.

Ridley’s shadow on Pyrosphere.

“Boss characters make appearances on other stages, not just this one.”

Or, perhaps better to present, the original un-translated version of what Mr. Sakurai said: “他にもボスキャラ系の仕掛けが登場.” Which roughly translates to “other boss character system gimmicks come up.”

“Oh, Ridley, stage hazard on Pyrosphere. Okay, see ya. I'm not sure why they didn't just show him and say his name, but oh well.” A conclusion came to by many. And it’s understandable to come to such a conclusion based on this alone.

But I’m not basing my case on just this! I have meaningful context which comes from the three facts I said before. When considering those three facts, it makes Mr. Sakurai’s course of action with Ridley seem a lot more suspicious! Why ambiguously “show” one of the most talked about characters in a non-playable role when he’s very aware so many people desire said character to be playable? Why prepare people for a kick in the groin when he could instead just do it immediately like he’s done with every other character?

Because it’s in order to “hype up” Ridley’s reveal as, in reality, a playable character and make it incredibly unexpected for most people. What better way to surprise people than with a character that most though was flat-out disconfirmed? He knows that people clamor on and on about Ridley, whether for or against. If Ridley isn’t playable, then he would have no reason to act out of his own disconfirming norm. The answer is that he wouldn’t. In one of his own columns Famitsu, Mr. Sakurai himself wrote that he does not like to create “needless speculation.” But if Ridley is actually playable, then that would mean the speculation his shadow nonsense ensued not “needless,” but actually serve as a form of “hype building.”

With all these things considered, there’s only one logical conclusion!

While I can see how such a conclusion is logical, it’s based on a very important assumption being made.

You are assuming Mr. Sakurai views these “boss character system gimmicks” as just as important as any other way in which a character is not playable. Mr. Sakurai first showed us the Yellow Devil in a rather vague way. Granted, it was clear he was not playable, but it was not clear exactly what purpose he served. Many speculated it would be a mere stage hazard, while others considered it a glimpse at the return of boss battles from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. We were only provided actual insight into how this “gimmick” will work through giving the Yellow Devil its very own section in the Super Smash Bros. Direct, and he spent a noticeable amount of time discussing exactly how the gimmick in question works. Such actions seem to convey the belief that what seem like merely glorified stage hazards to us are actually very important pieces of the game that are worth treating in a “hype building” way. In short, who is to say that Mr. Sakurai does or does not think that these “gimmicks” are worth “hyping up?” Who is to say that the speculation induced by “boss characters” is “needless” in Mr. Sakurai’s eyes?

If I assume Mr. Sakurai does see these “boss characters” as something worth causing a stir about, then I can also make the argument that it makes sense to only show the shadow. By not clearly showing anything regarding Ridley’s design, besides his tail briefly making it into the shot, or his exact method of attack, Mr. Sakurai could induce speculation regarding how Ridley as a “boss character” on Pyrosphere will function. How could we know if he views such speculation as “needless?” It would certainly make sense if he does not, and this goes into my own answer to the question regarding why Mr. Sakurai has not shown Ridley in any shape or form since the Smash Direct. In the case that Ridley is indeed a “boss character” on Pyrosphere, it would presumably be a Wii U exclusive. Leaving speculation regarding Smash Bros. for Wii U is important because it comes out after Smash Bros. for 3DS. As has been made clear, we’ll know the entire roster of playable characters before the Wii U version comes out due to it sharing its roster with the 3DS version. This is also why we probably have not seen anything regarding single player modes in the Wii U version; it is because Mr. Sakurai wants to keep as much speculation towards that version open so as to not let the “hype die down,” as one might say.

And all of this was based on my assumption which is the exact opposite of yours.

So, with my argument proposed, Ms. Suzumiya, I ask you this: Why is your assumption a safer one than my own?

Because it's based off more substantial analysis!

If what you assume is true, then it would mean that Mr. Sakurai doesn’t know what fans actually care about the most! It would mean that he is out of touch with his own fans. And if the changes to physics, online, and the inclusion of Mega Man, Little Mac, and Palutena are anything to go by, he certainly isn’t out of touch when developing these games.

He said it himself when he began discussing the playable characters in the Smash Direct:

“And now what you’ve all been waiting for: the fighters.”

It’s the characters that cause most of the mountains of speculatory discussion. It’s the characters that get the trailers. It's the characters that get sections on the official website. It’s the characters that seemingly get vague hints. Yellow Devil may have been showed in a somewhat vague way that didn’t quite make its role clear, but it was clear that it wasn’t a playable character. With Ridley it’s different. It’s possible to argue that Ridley is playable based on what we’ve seen and the context surrounding it. But that isn’t even what I’m talking about when I said “more substantial analysis.”

This is where we get into the analysis of what we’ve actually been given: the shadow.

The Ridley Support Thread has gone through tons of analysis regarding the shadow and has come up with very interesting findings of which I will show the most pertinent.
I’ll trust that the second post of the Ridley Support Thread, specifically the “SHADOW EVIDENCE” section, will provide the crux of the necessary analysis I am speaking of.

All Mr. Sakurai did by just showing the shadow was imply that there is something worth hiding in regards to Ridley. You’re right, he could just want to hide details of Ridley’s boss appearance and mannerisms, but if the shadow analysis tells me anything, it’s that Mr. Sakurai went out of his way to make a Ridley model that not only moves in a rather odd way when compared to all other bosses we’ve seen in Super Smash Bros., but is also of a seemingly playable size.

So, now, the question: why would Mr. Sakurai go out of his way to make a relatively small Ridley be a stage hazard on a rather large stage, and why would he make this boss’ mannerisms such that it seems this boss would not lend itself to being very well designed in terms of dealing with players?

It’s because Ridley isn’t actually a “boss character!”

A rather solid case, Ms. Suzumiya, but an immediate problem to both of us just occurred to me.

And that would be…?

With the judge gone… We aren’t able to get a ruling

I suppose we’ll just wait until the game comes out then.

Okay, no more. You get the point! I’m also sure that that’s enough fandom-ruining for now.
Gods, I had to rip and resize all of those GIFs on my own. It was worth it though!

Groose, I give Ridley a 99% chance of being playable. I acknowledge the fact that the other side is not exactly unfounded. Far from it, but I think that my own stance is well-grounded as well! I have much confidence and, after being rather confident in Stage Hazardley for some months after the Smash Direct, am fully prepared in what I think to be the 1% chance that I’m completely wrong in analyzing Sakurai’s ways.

For my want score, I’ll quote a post I made from when we rated Ridley on another day.
shrooby said:
Now, onto the...big one.

I'll be honest, I've never completed a Metroid game. Heck, up until I played (But didn't complete) Super Metroid a year or two ago I had never even played a Metroid game. The series never interested me, bar my recent urge to try out the previously mentioned Super and, more recently, Prime. (Though I've only played about an hour of each.) However, even before I've ever touched a Metroid game, Ridley was my most wanted character for these games.
Up until 2011 I wasn't into speculation. I didn't really care what characters we got, I just kinda rolled with it. Ridley was the first character I legitimately supported and was the character that basically introduced me to this whole community. (Granted, back then it was just one single thread, but once character threads started popping up it really got moving.) So despite not having any attachment to the Metroid franchise as a whole, I do have much attachment to Ridley. And that goes into my first reason for wanting him: the satisfaction of seeing the first character I ever actually supported finally get his time to shine.
Another reason I want Ridley is to see his increasingly large hatebase finally get what-for. I like to see those that have personally insulted my views get what's coming to them when it's as something as arbitrary and, in the grand scheme of things, as insignificant as characters in a video game. This is the lesser of the reasons I will present, but I can't say it's not a reason either, so I still present it.
But now onto the actual reason I began supporting Ridley to begin with.
When I look for character that I want to see playable, the biggest thing I look for is if that character is important enough in their franchise and Nintendo as whole. If they're an "All-Star" if you want to call it that. Smash, the way I see it, is supposed to take these "All-Stars" and pit them against each other. The Smash roster is a list of Nintendo's finest. The greats, representative of big aspects of the world of this company that we all love. The way I see it, there is no character that should be included but hasn't yet more than Ridley.
Ridley, the main antagonist of the critically acclaimed Metroid franchise. A character that's existed since the NES days. A character as important to Metroid as Ganon(dorf) is to Zelda, if not even more-so. A character so ingrained in lore that the main character herself would not even be the character we know without his integral part in the backstory.
This huge franchise sets Ridley up as this incredibly important piece of this picture. Samus' mortal enemy that robbed her of everyone she knew, and set her up for the path that we were introduced to in the original game way back when.
The fact that such an important and long lasting character from such an important and long lasting franchise, an "All-Star" if you will, hasn't been included, at the time of learning all of this, astounded this 'ere new speculator. I read through the other character threads as well, granted. King K. Rool had my support. As did Mega Man, Little Mac, Mewtwo, what have you. But Ridley, was, is, and will always be at the top of my list. That is, until he's finally included.
I will reiterate my thoughts, and I care not if you disagree: of the characters that have not yet been playable in Super Smash Bros, there is no character more worthy of inclusion than Ridley. That alone is what gives my all the confidence I need to type the following...
Groose, mark my Want for Ridley as 100 percent. A rating I never did and never will give to any other possible newcomer for these iterations of Super Smash Bros.

Ridley was and is my most wanted character. Nothing has changed.

The only newcomer I will give my 100% Want is to the big, purple, commander of the space pirates, he who will not ever truly stay dead, the one and only Cunning God of Death, Ridley. Praise be unto him

I abstain from Chibi Robo.

And, just some last more general words.

While I haven’t necessarily posted a lot in this game in the past year, I’ve been with this game since before many of the more frequent participants even had accounts. It’ll be sad to see it go once character speculation dies down. (Though, I suppose it could move on to other kinds of Wii U speculation as well.)

Groose and Co., you’ve done an excellent job carrying (the artist formally known as) Super Smash Bros. Fan’s torch. I hope when Smash 5, err, 6, roles around we’ll be able to see this game's return. It’s been a fun ride, and I hope the next time is even better!

And I also hope that next time we’ll be rating the chance of Ridley, the veteran, returning for another installment.

Oh, right, how could a forget:

X5 Brash the Freakin’ Bear

:troll:

= 2850 words

Isn't it fitting that it's for Ridley?

Last edited:

WildestSpade1

Smash Cadet
Oh man, I can't believe time is almost up!

Mewtwo
Chance: 65% - I find him more likely than not at this point. To this date, he has survived deconfirmation, and I expect him to be in the game in one form or another (he is way too relevant in Pokemon not to). Why not playable? He's done it before...

Want: 100% - He was my favorite in melee, so of course I want him back.

Ridley
Chance: 50% - I'm not as sure with Ridley, and I can see it either way. He also has not been deconfirmed, but unlike Mewtwo he has traditionally filled a boss role in the series. At least one text leek supports him, so he has a chance, but we will see if he made the transition to playable status.

Want: 90% - He could certainly be interesting, and I'd imagine he'd play similar to Charizard, who I also like.

King K Rool
Chance: 30% - I always thought that K Rool had a lower chance than the other "big three," and some of the recent Dixie leeks further contribute to his unstable position. He could be in the game, but I feel that his chances are lower than before the leek.

Want: 80% - Definitely wouldn't mind his inclusion.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
@ shrooby shrooby
Well done, monsieur.

But 15 words, however, is a simple difference enough.

We shall see if either of us break the barrier someday. But both remain major posts in this thread's history. Good show!

Last edited:

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
Ridley:
Chance- 88% I seen the shadow comparisons and analyzed that shadow of his, in that Nintendo direct. and by golly if that slow moving Bowser sized shadow of his, is a boss then congrats Ridley haters you got your slow moving pinata Bowser sized boss.

Want- 100% Seriously? he is an evil purple space pirate dragon. why would you not want to play as one :p

King K rule:
Chance- 15% I guess he will get his chance... another day

Want- 80% Sakurai please prove me wrong on this one. Long live the King...K rule.

Mewtwo:
Chance- 94% I see no reason to bring back Dr. Mario if you are not going to bring back Mewtwo. Everyone wants him back and I am going by my gut feeling about Mewtwo returning.

Want- 85% I will welcome Mewtwo with open arms if he comes back. But he already had his chance so Id rather see Ridley over him. In my eyes it would definitely be a perfect roster with them both on it. and if K. rule was there too, just shut up and take my money.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
It all comes to an end... and I feelok about this one. At least we lived our lives here while it lasted.

Anyway the day will end soon so I'll just do ratings for now,

King k rule chance: 45%
Want: 75%

Eh.

Ridley chance: 50%
Want:80%

Better eh.

Mewtwo chance: 90%
Want 100%

The signs say yes, so yes!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You've (most of you) read my classic post on Mewtwo. All the way back here, it's the longest rating post in RTC history (I think?). And I still stand clearly by it to this day.
Chance and Want: 100%

K Rool: Crocodile Cannon Puns
Chance: 40%, Whereas Hypothetical Dixie is 60%. I believe that K. Rool may be subjugated to Trophy role again, sadly... He can appear, but no guarantee he'll be on the roster.
Want: 50%- Indifferent to K. Rool. Honestly, used to want him, but now I don't care as much.

Ridley: Purple Mega Charizard X with Flight
Chance: 60%- Given Sakurai's history of trolling, I expect us to figure out the fate of Ridley next week or so. If we don't see him, I think he might be in! At this rate, he's truly a character with size and stature in fans and abilities.
Want: 70%- I've begun to warm up to Ridley. I'd like to see a giant Sentinel-sized character in Smash, and this guy fits the color, and the bill.
= 2835 words

= 2850 words

Isn't it fitting that it's for Ridley?
Both of you should be applauded for all the effort you have put into arguing for your respective characters. Both your posts are some of the best pro-Mewtwo/Ridley arguments I've seen on these boards; and that's saying something.

Now we just have to hope that you two are actually right.

Oh, and while I'm at it...

I'll abstain from rating the actual chances of these characters; with all this leak stuff and new information appearing as of late, I don't think I could provide an accurate rating. But I can at least provide an accurate want score:

King K. Rool Want: 95%

Ridley Want: 100%

Mewtwo Want: 100%

I think these three are some of the last few All-Stars left that have yet to be added to the roster, and I think they have every reason to be included. For all those who have supported these characters since the beginning and up to the very end, I hope they make it in.

MBakhsh

Smash Apprentice
K. Rool Chance: 0.1% - Fan demand is the only thing going for him, and even then he's outclassed by others. Dixie is way more plausible as the newcomers have a theme of recency and Dixie fits the bill for Tropical Freeze.
K. Rool Want: 0% - I don't get it.
Ridley Chance: 0.5%- It's over. Ridley's died a long, agonizing death...over a year now. His chances are about as good as Metal Face's.
Ridley Want: 0% - Waluigi is the only purple monster I want playable.
Mewtwo Chance: 25% - He'd have to be completely rebuilt from the ground up; Dr. Mario being in has no bearing on Mewtwo's chances. Really, every character besides the remaining Brawl veterans is not looking so hot right now but Mewtwo is probably the most reasonable outside of those. I'm wondering if Mewtwo is considered to be recent like the other newcomers.
Mewtwo Want: 60% - Should return but I wouldn't be too torn up if he doesn't.

Burigu

Smash Ace
He wasn't planned to be cut though. He was part of the forbidden 7 but didn't make the final game due to time constrainsts. Sakurai never wanted to have him cut and seeing as though Dr Mario is here who was also part of that group, it looks good for Mewtwo.

Oh, and I didn't mention it before but this thread was actually the reason why I joined Smashboards a couple of months ago. So thank you to all people who have made it happen and to those who have contributed to the discussion. I won't tag anybody but pretty much anyone who had made it to this thread and posted and shared your particular opinion, I thank you and I salute you.
I am aware of that, circumstances might chance with time, at a time Sakurai thought of cutting Ness in favor of Lucas back in Melee but Ness is the one who surfaces yet again. 50% is ok in my book. What was true in the past might not hold true in the future

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
K. Rool Chance: 0.1% - Fan demand is the only thing going for him, and even then he's outclassed by others. Dixie is way more plausible as the newcomers have a theme of recency and Dixie fits the bill for Tropical Freeze.
K. Rool Want: 0% - I don't get it.
Ridley Chance: 0.5%- It's over. Ridley's died a long, agonizing death...over a year now. His chances are about as good as Metal Face's.
Ridley Want: 0% - Waluigi is the only purple monster I want playable.
Mewtwo Chance: 25% - He'd have to be completely rebuilt from the ground up; Dr. Mario being in has no bearing on Mewtwo's chances. Really, every character besides the remaining Brawl veterans is not looking so hot right now but Mewtwo is probably the most reasonable outside of those. I'm wondering if Mewtwo is considered to be recent like the other newcomers.
Mewtwo Want: 60% - Should return but I wouldn't be too torn up if he doesn't.
Just like to point out; k Rools fan demand actually far outclasses Ridley and Dixie. Just saiyan.

SmashWarrior202

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smashmatt202
3DS FC
1633-4497-7356
I'm going to try this out. I remember something similar during the Brawl days, and I feel bad for not participating sooner, given we're so close to the release of the 3DS game. Anyway...

Mewtwo chance: 70% - The last game had at least 6 playable Pokemon, even if they technically only took up 4 character slots. I don't think it's that unreasonable to say there would be a sixth Pokemon character in this game. And given the amount of support Mewtwo's gotten, and Sakurai even said himself said he'd consider it, I'd say he's still got a fairly reasonable chance... even if it's not 100%.

Mewtwo want: 100% - Absolutely want him playable. He's a cool character, and deserves better justice then how he playe din Melee.

K. Rool chance: 50% - I don't see him as that likely as everyone else thinks. Somehow I always felt that the Donkey Kong reps wouldn't be getting an extra representative, or at the very least, I feel it would be better if we got both Dixie Kong AND King K. Rool, since the roster feels incomplete without one or the other. Either way, I haven't heard any rumors or leaks that suggest he would be playable, and there doesn't seem to be that much focus on the DK franchise as it is, not to mention he hasn't appeared in any of the recent DKC games, so I'm saying he's not that likely... Maybe.

K. Rool want: 75% - Personally, my most wanted DK character is now Cranky Kong. :p But I'd totally want to see K. Rool and even Dixie Kong playable, eventually.

Ridley chance: 50% - Yeah, I still think he has a chance. No, I don't want to debate it. I've honestly had enough of that crap. Really, the sooner the game's released the more relaxed I'll be for it. ...Though personally, I feel if he's not playable, I'd be severely disappointed for multiple reasons, and the debate WILL not end until he's playable, IMO.

Ridley want: 100% If I could make it infinity percent, I would. In my mind, in my heart, there is zero reason for Ridley NOT to be playable by this point. Yes, I've seen all the supposed "reasons" why he "can't" be playable, and I understand if someone doesn't care if he is or isn't playable, but the fact of the matter is, Metroid needs a non-Samus rep, Ridley is THE most important character in the series outside of Samus herself (and the Metroids and Mother Brain, I guess), he's been in almost every game, he's tied directly to Samus's backstory and helped make her who she became (yeah, wait to go, Ridley, you've created your own worst enemy), and yes, even if it would be difficulty or hard to supposedly make a moveset with a body and shape like Ridley's, IT CAN STILL BE DONE! It might take a lot of extra work (or not, actually), but it can still be done, and Sakurai HAS to know that the fans want Ridley by now!

...Incidentally, I didn't realize that King K. Rool had more supporters then Ridley or Dixie. Is that on Smashboards or jus tin general, because I feel like the Ridley presence is far greater in comparison, though King K. Rool doesn' thave so much going against him (in terms of people insistent that he can't be playable, that is).

I'd do the whole ratings thing, but I honestly am not sure how that works.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I'm really surprised at the chance ratings for these characters. A fitting end to the game.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
@ Groose Groose thank you for this game that you implemented into Smash Boards. For all the time you took to carefully look over each person's rating for the sake of accuracy. For your jokes, even though I found them horrible.

Thank you.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Ridley isn't huge in japan but k rool is pretty dang big (heh). Dixie isn't ultra popular to my knowledge either, although she has a decent sized amount of hardcore fans and many who think she's cool. On smashboards the Ridley thread is probably bigger, but on a worldwide scale the picture is different. That's why I think K Rool has some chance.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Ridley isn't huge in japan but k rool is pretty dang big (heh). Dixie isn't ultra popular to my knowledge either, although she has a decent sized amount of hardcore fans and many who think she's cool. On smashboards the Ridley thread is probably bigger, but on a worldwide scale the picture is different. That's why I think K Rool has some chance.

I see. I neglected to think of Japan. On other boards I visit, such as 4chan or Reddit, Ridley hype seems to be pretty big in comparison to Mewtwo/K. Rool hype.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I see. I neglected to think of Japan. On other boards I visit, such as 4chan or Reddit, Ridley hype seems to be pretty big in comparison to Mewtwo/K. Rool hype.
Based on what I've read, even in the west K. Rool is far more requested. He's the #3 most requested character in both Japan and the west... right behind Mega Man (#2) and Mewtwo (#1). Mega Man is third party, Mewtwo is a veteran. K. Rool's fans aren't as vocal as Ridley fans, and do keep in mind, these numbers come from before the game was announced.

K. Rool wasn't requested much prior to Brawl because we didn't have Diddy Kong yet (and ironically, Diddy Kong detractors said the EXACT SAME thing K. Rool detractors say now; Diddy Kong isn't in Jungle Beat and isn't relevant, he's not going to be playable).

Ridley fans are more vocal because they've been waiting longer, and haven't had any characters from Metroid standing in the way. Dixie Kong is brought up a lot now because many people THINK she's more likely to get in, not because she's more popular or more requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom