• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
The Good Doctor
Playable
99.99% Chance
100% Want
Well, I believe the leak, (but I feel it is incomplete atm), and as such, I believe in the Good Doctor. For want? Doc was one of my mains in Melee, so seeing some pill popping action would make me smile.
The Good Doctor
Costume
.01% Chance
100% Want
Same as above really...

Lana
0% Chance
Hyrule Warriors too new for OC...
50% Want
Seems really cute IMO, but seems kinda Mary Sue, idk....
Nominating Duck Hunt Dog x5

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Dr. Mario Playable:

Chance: 5%

Want: 13%
- I can see why people want him, but he would be better off as an alternate costume in my book.

Dr. Mario Alternate Costume

Chance: 65%

Want: 75%
- Now this is something I can get behind. His model looks awesome and would make total sense as an alternate costume to Mario.

Lana

Chance: 2%

Want: 20%
- I like her design, but that is practically it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Dr. Mario playable - 40%

I'm still not nearly as convinced that the leak is real as many others are. We've gotten a lot of very well made fakes in the past, an this fresh one has quite a few oddities of it's own as well.

I'm not going to deny that the leak does look extremely realistic looking though and could very well be legitimate. That's the only reason I'm rating him this high. There was very, very little in favor of his chances up until now, IMO.

Want - 10%

Similar to how I feel about Young Link, I liked him in Melee, but that was it. I never wanted to see him return after that.

This video pretty much sums up how I would feel if he returned:

Doc as an alt. 60%

Still have rather mixed feelings about the leak, but I have no doubt that Doc would be an alt. if he isn't playable.

Want - 75%

Could be neat.

Lana - 0%

Hyrule Warriors is too new of a game. Plain and simple.

Want - 0%

While I do look forward to getting to know more of her character when the game comes out...that's just it. The game's not even out yet and we don't know that much about her right now. For me it would be an insult if she got in over certain other Zelda characters who've existed long before her. Tetra in particular is one I'd much rather see before her (in fact, she's the only character I want that ever had a reasonable chance at any point that I have any sort of personal connection to. So yeah, if Lana got in over Tetra among other Zelda characters, I'd be seriously ticked off.)

Wreck-It Ralph x5

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Doctor Mario: Abstain. Never played Melee.

Lana

Want: 55% She looks interesting and I like her design.

Chance: 20%

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Dr. Mario
Chance: 10%, he's only got this high because of the slim chance the leak is actually correct, but frankly, I think there's far more against the leak than for it.
Want: 0%, we don't need another version of Mario.

Lana
Double 0's, I don't care if Hyrule Warriors ends up successful. She's a useless addition, she has no connections to the Zelda series as a whole and there's no point in her inclusion. If we have another Zelda rep, its Impa.

Speaking of which..

Nominate:
Impa x5 again

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Before you read my post, I think the leak is wrong. Its a very well done leak, but it shows where its fake. Not to ruin anyones idea on the leak, so I will not get to much into details. if you really hate me then go message me. But I will leve with this final comment:

The ESRB does not play the games they rate.

Dr. Mario Playable chance: 2%
There are too many good characters yet to get in over Dr. Mario in melee alone, so why would Sakurai pick this one?

Want:5%
The idea was funny in melee but now its not. I wouldn't mind him over some others, but I would very much mind.

Dr. Mario alt chance: 70%
This makes sense. I mean Dr. Mario pretty much was Mario. It's easy enough to do and pleases it fans.

Want: 80%
I can back this.

Lana: Abstain
Who?

Nominations x5 Sceptile/Mewtwo/Jiggs chance day.

One last time, we must rate these pokemon.

Burigu

Smash Ace
God please help me, Dr. Mario day

Ok I am going to say this I believe the leak is real and only real because of the Tomodachi stage being in the leak with a picture never seen before AND that a maganize published the same pic a day after.
I am aware of the many discrepances the leak has and I really have hope this thing is a master scam executed by a group of very talented photoshopers.

So this is going to be a bitter raking for me you have been warmed (and I won't debate the leak so don't address my post to show me how it is clearly fake I am documented on the situation).

Dr. Mario
Chance
: 88%
Sadly the leak just look so real, I can doubt the renders, I can douth the roster, but just that Tomodachi life picture is way to convincing to pretend it is not real.

Want: 0%
Dr. Mario was a "cool" last minute in MELEE, in recent times the addition of a cheap clone like him is a decision I simply can't understand. Dr. Mario appears in the "full clones" section of the "leak roster". So no doubt the difference between him an Mario are likely the same as they were in Melee.

He is going to share the same animations, the same overall model, he just seems a really cheap adittion, but at least he has different clothes, Dark Pit on the other side is a pallete given a slot.

I can accept Lucina as a special case at least she has HER OWN Model, with Marth's animations, the other 2 are even worse, sharing model, animations and movepool with their respective original characters.

And SEMI clones like Lucas and Wolf get cut in favor of these two?? I really really really hope that against all odds this leak is nothing but an elaborate joke. (Only thing I like of it is the Dog Hunt Dog), if real well that wouldn't ruin this for me but will never understand such cheap clone additions and cutting more unique semiclones (and Ice Climbers).

Disclaimer: I don't hate Doctor Mario or Dark Pit, I just find them way to similar to the original (design, concept and now movepool and animations) to really be considered worthy additions as stated above at least Lucina is smaller and with a different model.
I am hoping of being wrong about the leak that would be fantastic but chances are slim.

Dr. Mario as a palette
Chance
: 12%
Everything has been said above

Want: 100%
Please be a palette! Honestly this would be great as a Mario costume

Lana
Chance
: 0%
Too Spin off

Want: 55%
I actually like her design alot

Predictions
Groose representation: 94.32% I am sure he will get a trophy
More 3rd parties: 3.46%
Cia: 1.42%

Nominations
Unlockeable Taunts x 15 that burns every extra I got

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Dr. Mario
Chance - 30%
About how much I'd give the leak really. Without that so-called leak I'd have no reason to believe he'd be playable.

Want - 0%
Not interested. Mario with customizable movesets varies the formula enough, and even with Lucina around I don't find this one to be justifiable.

BONUS ROUND: ALT COSTUME!!
Chance - 70%
opposite of previous score. I think this would make a lot more sense.

Want - 100%
Dr. Mario should only be an alt costume, imo. More than that and it's probably, IN MY OPINION, one of the least necessary or desirable clones that could be added as a Lucina/Last minute slot.

Lana
lol
double zeros

Predictions
Groose: 83%
Trophy/Song
More 3rd Parties: 2%
Cia: 0.3%

Nominations
x5 Use your own Villager and/or Robin.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Playable Dr Mario
Chance: 40% - Aside from the whole ESRB thing I see little reason to doubt the leak, I'll say it's slightly less likely than not.
Want: 15% - He was one of my least used characters in Melee and I don't think that's going to change in a much bigger and more diverse cast.

Dr Mario as an alt
Chance: 30% - I don't find this is to likely unless Sakurai can make pills work identical to fire balls.
Want: 50% - I don't really care either way.

Lana
Chance: 1% - Girl, you're late. The party ended last year.
Want: 39% - I can see her having a fun moveset at least.

Predictions
Groose representation: 88%
More third parties: 29%
Cia: 0.6%

Nominations: SSB4 outsells Brawl x5

andimidna

Smash Master
RIP Fabuhim
Geez Bandana Dee getting on both charts, what a try-hard amirite?
Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it in to the battle... ;P
August 21st, 2014 (Day 309: Stuff that was a waste of time to rate)

Anyways, the leak is probably real.
Because of Brinstar, the Tomadachi Stage section, and Fox's background specifically.
If you don't know these details or want to know more about the leak, ask around or go to Smashboard's thread dedicated to the arguments for and against the leak.
P.S... the "for" section is basically the whole thing... as there is almost no evidence against it

So now I'm going to raise what I think his chances are from almost nothing to shoo-in status, right?
Nope. I had been betting on Dr. Mario since Lucina, of clone picks, I ranked him #2 in likelihood after Impa
Sakurai had once commented on how it would be weird to have Dr. Mario shoot fireballs, and he explained in a picture of Lucina that once a character is just slightly different, they become their own character. And well, he was originally planned for Brawl, so this really should not surprise anybody. The signs were all there, and now there are leaks to back it up.

Dr. Mario playable-
Chance: 85%
I'd say he's the most likely non-Gematsu and non-Brawl character. Which is a pretty big deal, even if the leak gets debunked I'll still rank him at about a 50% chance.
Want: 60%
I've pretty much never played as any of the variations of Mario in Smash. I honestly can't remember 1 time I played as Dr. Mario, so he'd feel almost like a newcomer to me. I don't know why, but same goes for Brawl, I can only remember playing as Mario and Luigi each like 3 times?... I have nothing against them, I guess I'm just not as interested by them. But I would like to see this somewhat.

Dr. Mario alt-
Chance: 0.01%
The evidence stacks up harshly against this. I don't know why people can think this is so probable. Just look at why I rated him as a separate character so highly and then apply it here, ok?
Want: 50%
Neutral, don't care too much either way. But I do have to somewhat agree with Sakurai, Dr. Mario throwing fireballs just wouldn't be the same.

Lana:
Chance: 1.3%
Basically nothing, I don't know why I'm ranking her above 1% honestly, it's probably bias.
Yes.
She's so cute and quirky, but her moves just look so... powerful.
Sure she's not what you'd expect from Zelda, she doesn't exactly fit into the cast, and she's very, idk, Japanese everything.
But most things from Hyrule Warriors get my support, and she's one of my favorite additions to the game.
Just look at my beautiful avatar...

Pre:
Groose Representation: 90%
Trophy of course. His chance as an assist just dropped a lot tho
Oh, and why not put his theme on Skyloft, that'd be perfect.
More 3rd Parties: 5%
Well some people still believe Rayman was leaked, and Bayonetta and Bomberman aren't necessarily out yet-
OH WAIT
Does this count Snake?
Cia: 1.1%
Mah girl gonna do terrible

So I had been wanting to rerate Impa ever since Lucina was confirmed and a Sheik clone made so much sense...
However... that leak...
Yea.
x5 Dark Pit
It's only a matter of time before he officially crashes Palutena's party...

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The Extra Nominations post has been updated.

Ratings tomorrow.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Dr. Mario Playable

Chance - 1%
He was absent from Brawl for a reason. I don't think Sakurai would have any plans to bring back any of the cut Melee characters aside from maybe Mewtwo
Want - 0%

Dr. Mario Alternate Costume

Chance - 50%
I could see it happening
Want - 75%
He does look rather cuter in Doctor clothes than the old plumber outfit

Lana

Chance - 0%
If Ghirahim didn't make it, why would anyone think this random ho will?
Want - 0%
No offense but i'd rather not have tacky generic blue haired anime girl #1,000. She prolly has one of the most anime-ish designs i've ever seen. The outfit is over the top and juvenile.

Its like someone decided to combine Sona from League of Legends and this heffer from King of Fighters to make this mess.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Results Tab Updated

This is the first leak for this game where I am actually confident in its legitimacy enough to let it affect what I rate characters here.

Dr. Mario Playable - 73%, about how confident I am in the leak. (I also believe there is a possibility of additional characters as mentioned by a couple of sources, so I will rate Ridley, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and a couple of others highly).
Want - 50% This doesn't particularly excite me whatsoever, but one of my friends mains him in Melee, so it'd make him happy.

Dr. Mario Costume - 25%, I'm almost certain he'll be an alternate costume if not playable, it's just too obvious.
Want - 50% I think in some regards this is less awkward and paradoxical (I don't hate clones, I hate paradoxes), but it is also awkward to have him throw fireballs, so it'd have to be a costume that changes aesthetic properties of attacks.

Lana - 0.05% - The best chance of the Hyrule Warriors original characters. She seems like she'll be really fun in that game, but I don't see anything from that game getting any representation except trophies.
Want - 10% She seems fun, but she's too irrelevant to Nintendo's history for a spot in Smash.

predict: Groose Representation - 90%
More third parties - 4%
Cia - 0.4%

nominate:
Impa x5

Also want to see rerates for:
Marshal and Chorus Men rerates
Tetra and Toon Zelda rerates (they're too highly rated, and I want us to attempt to have an accurate final listing)
Unlockable Costumes
Duck Hunt Dog
Dark Pit
Bowser Jr.
Ridley
Dixie Kong
Mewtwo

Groose

Smash Champion
DAY OVER!
WE'VE DREAMED OF RATING THE WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL POKEMON...
AND WE'VE SUCCEEDED...
My beatiful joke! You've ruined it!

In all seriousness, though, this is why I'm glad there's been someone like you to help out when I'm busy. You bring the same kind of "charm" to this game that I always try to provide. Lonekonwolf does an admirable job as well (especially in the Phoenix Wright department), but you're like having a second version of me running around. Everyone, give this man a hand.

Anywho...

Lana: 0.01% chance and 0% want
You could argue the Greninja effect, but I don't think it applies because Hyrule Warriors is much more recent and it was developed by an outside company. Also, I doubt she'd get in even if it were released about a year ago; she's no more notable than Ghirahim or Midna.

In terms of want? NO. I'm actually really happy and even thrilled about the Hyrule Warriors roster (I thought only Link would be playable), but I do dislike how characters like her were selected above actual Zelda characters like Groose, Linebeck, Tingle, Saria and Malon. It makes me furious... Outraged... Sick with ANGER! Sorry. Waking up to Ghirahim, my #6 Most Wanted, deconfirmed stung a bit. I'm a little salty.

Doctor Mario: Abstain Both
I'm very indecisive when it comes to this new leak, and I'm unable to come to a conclusion yet. My bias is making if impossible for me to stay objective; I really want this to be true. No K. Rool, no, but I love all three of the unique newcomers on it. I'm quite odd in that regard, I suppose.

I do want to keep the leak discussion to a minimum for Brawler's sake, though, so I won't say much more about that, and I'll ask that you not reply here. I just needed to get that out--it's the first post I've made about the leak in a while, and I have been following along in my spare time. I guess I'm a bad manger--I've spent more of my time keeping up on the leak than I have keeping up on this thread.

The Day Is Not Over

Groose Hasn't Returned Yet

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Tetra and Toon Zelda rerates (they're too highly rated, and I want us to attempt to have an accurate final listing)
I kind of would disagree with this idea.

It's like rerating Brawl Pokemon Trainer or Greninja. The verdict on them has been settled, and we lost. The record should remain of how inaccurate we were.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I kind of would disagree with this idea.

It's like rerating Brawl Pokemon Trainer or Greninja. The verdict on them has been settled, and we lost. The record should remain of how inaccurate we were.
I mean rerate them as standalone characters. The transformation team bit has already been deconfirmed, so that score will stay at the 30.81% chance we gave it. It's been over 100 days since we've rated Tetra and Toon Zelda as solo characters, and the remaining slots have gotten a lot more competitive since then.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Doc Mario as:
A playable character!
Chance/Want: 0%
>Believing a dead leak
As an alt costume
Chance: 40%

Lana
Double zeroes

Crocodile Cacophony X5

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
And here I thought Krystal would be the most polarizing rating we did this week. I feel a fever coming on...

Dr. Mario (Character)
Chance: 10%

First and foremost: I don't believe the leak. I think there are too many holes and too many unanswered questions. And isn't it always better to stay skeptical this early on, anyway?

I think there's a very small chance the leak could be correct, though, and outside the leak there's a small chance the Doc would be made a Lucina-style bonus clone. There're so many other characters, though, that could get added as last minute clones that'd be more interesting, and outside of being a bonus clone he doesn't have a virus' chance in...those pill bottles he uses in the games. >_>

You know how Sakurai said that if a character differs even slightly from its source, it makes sense to be its own character? He was talking something as major, moveset-altering, and in-character as Lucina being shorter than Marth and not having the tipper effect, not a few small effects and minor aesthetic alterations Doc had compared to Mario that could be written out if necessary.

I don't see why he'd need to be brought back. "Because Melee"' isn't a valid enough reason, and aside from a couple visual changes he wasn't much more unique or interesting than Mario to begin with. Even someone as shoehorned as Black Shadow would be a better clone to add.

Dr. Mario (Alternate Costume)
Chance: 50%

We've seen enough model-changing alternate costumes (Hoodie Mac, Credits Screen Samus, originally Lucina) to know they're not a one-time thing...but at the same time, we don't know how many were made. Doc does seem like a pretty obvious pick for an alternate costume, but it depends a lot on how many they decide to make...or if they settled on a different Mario costume instead.

Now this I could get behind. He'd still get some representation in SSB4 without taking a character spot that I don't think he really needs. If he doesn't make it at all, though, I wouldn't be too distraught.

Lana
Chance:
-Main Roster: 0.5%
-As DLC: 5%

Hyrule Warriors is looking pretty awesome, sure...but with it being worked on concurrently to SSB4, she would've had to be picked a long time ago, possibly while HW itself was early in development. They'd've been picking a character that the fans hadn't seen yet, with no idea whether she was even liked or not...and that's if Lana's design was even finalized by then. The only thing she has going for her is her moveset potential...but there are so many obstacles in her way that it's all but impossible she'll get be on the roster.

Maybe she could sneak in as the cornerstone of a Hyrule Warriors DLC pack some time in the future...but I wouldn't hold my breath on that, either. We don't even know if characters exclusive to HW are even considered canonical, much less giving them the chance to be recurring characters and not one-offs. Even this route doesn't look good for Lana.

Want: 30%

I'm interested in her moveset potential and what she could do between her Book of Sorcery and Summoning Gate...but there're other Zelda characters I'd rather see more.

Predictions
Groose Representation: 84.25%

Four or More Third Party Characters: 20.75%
Cia: 0.48%

Nominations
Sceptile Rerate x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Lana chances: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, 0 %!!
Every Lana chance rating above 1 % is seriously unreasonable.

Lana want: 0 %
There is absolutely no point to add a such character in Smash, and I don't like her design.

Dr. Mario: abstain for everything
Leaks. They kill the fun of speculation. For the Shulk AT I had an accurate idea of what I thought, but I don't want to actually rate this one.

Predictions:
Four or more third-party: 15.44 - I'm going to give a much lower score personally, but people will obvious overrate the concept.
Groose representation: 77.31 % if trophy included, 5.20 % if not
Cia: 0.03 %

Nominating:
Concept: non-Fire Emblem franchise with exactly four playable reps x5

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Playable Doctor Mario
Chance:25%
Dr.Mario gets 20% from being part of the leak (which I would give a 20% of being real) and an extra 5% from the possibility of the Lucina effect.

Want:55%
I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him.

Lana:
Chance:0%

Want:65%

Nominations:
Vaati x5

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Lana
chance and want 0%

Too recent, and there's just something about Lana's design that I really hate. I think she's too hyper- kawaii that it's kind of nauseating.

Dr. Mario
chance 50%
want 0%

I don't know much about the leak I've been absent for a while so I'll cut it even. However I don't want him as a separate character I find it confusing why he'd be a separate character. I can understand the separation of Dark Pit and Lucina from their respective bases but Dr. Mario fits the Male Wii Fit Trainer and Female Villager/Robin more appropriately.

x4 Starman
x1 Fossil Fighters

D

Deleted member

Dr. Mario playable
Chance- 14%
Want- 0%
Dr Alt
Chance- 86%
Want- 100%
The leak looks real, but I think its not.

Lana- Double 0s

Nominations- x5 Galacta Knight and Dark Meta Knight costumes

Predictions
Groose representation:85.78%
Third Parties: 10%
Cia: 0.02%

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Lana:
Chances: 0%
Too new, too annoying.
Too annoying.

Dr. Mario:
Chances:
I can see a scenario in which Dr. Mario becomes a newcomer. It plays exactly like Lucina's situation. Dr. Mario starts as a Mario alternate, but get the pill he had in Melee. Its different properties result him being a separate character due to battle records. So the Doc gets pushed up.
Considering all the extensive alternate costumes, that scenario is really plausible: 25%
Want:0%
The most dangerous thing about Dr. Mario is that he prescribes medicine without an actual degree. I can't support someone like that.

As an alt:
Chances:
For the reasons above, I think Dr. Mario was probably be given a few different properties, especially considering he's a melee veteran. So this is less likely:
5%
See above.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Dr. Mario:
Chance: 52%
Ignoring the leak for a second; Sakurai has in the past tried to bring Doc back for Brawl. He's also notably not allowed Mario to have his Tornado back for one of his down + B specials.

This is the man who was asked to put Doc in as a costume(the original request allegedly) but instead made him his own character.

Yeah, I think Sakurai has a soft spot for the Doc which is why I'm sure he's returning in some capacity.
Hi. (Captain) Toad supporter here.
Losing to Rosalina is fair enough; Galaxy was a huge hit.
Losing to Bowser Jr. would be fair enough; he's a popular individual(albeit not with me).
Losing to Paper Mario would be fair enough; he's the Mario alt the people want and he can offer something genuinely unique.

Losing to Doc would not be fair enough. He is prime alt outfit material. Just reskin the fireballs and away you go. I just fear the reason Mario hasn't been given his tornado back is because Sakurai wants to add this guy back. This guy. Over Mewtwo. I could genuinely see him do this. There will be riots.

Dr. Mario as an alt(aka what he should of always have been):
Chance: 48%
Possible but I still think Sakurai's more likely to add him as a clone instead because "Dr. Mario using fireballs would be weird". Does anyone really care?

Want: 100000000%
I think I made it clear this is the ideal choice for not just Toad supporters, but Paper Mario fans and maybe even Jr. fans.
He is literally Mario in doctor's clothes. We didn't give Mac in a hoody his own roster slot even though it'd restrict the speed of his punches(possibly) don't flipping do this Sakurai. Not again.

Lana
Chance: 0%
Ghirahim couldn't get in and he too has a role in Hyrule Warriors. Tingle couldn't get in and he's a reoccurring individual in the Zelda series with his own line of spinoffs. Skull Kid couldn't get in despite being a very popular side character.

Lana is not as reoccurring as Tingle. She's not as popular as Ghirahim or Skull Kid. I'm not even sure if she counts as an official Zelda character or a spinoff one...and even then Impa is more of a prominent individual.

This is not the Zelda character I am looking for. Vaati or Impa plz. I want some reoccurring character love.

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Dr Mario:
Okay gonna be quick.
alt chance: 45%
I have absolutely no idea if the leak is legit or not but Sakurai did plan to have him back for Brawl.
want: 100%
All for him as an alt.

separate character chance: 55%
Read above.
want: 0%
He's much more alt material.

Lana:
Want: abstain
Too little, too late

Noms:
5 x Groose representation

Last edited:

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Lana
Dr Mario playable
Chance: 5%
Dr Mario alt
Chance 80%
Nomination
Dark Pit as Stage Boss x5

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Lana
Chance: 0%, too new
Want: 50% I'd like it, Lana seems pretty amusing
Dr. Mario playable
Chance:0% I'm pretty sure Sakurai said that if a character shares the identity, they don't get playable
Want: 0% I don't mind clones, but I hate the idea of more Mario characters
Dr. Mario alt
Chance:60% Alts can be anything really
Want:100% No talking precious development time for added stuff, yet people get there beloved Dr. Mario back, yes please!

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
New information
The Smash website has updated with a new "music" section and there's something rather interesting I found.
upload_2014-8-22_19-38-22.png

upload_2014-8-22_19-36-57.png

Dr Mario hey. Figures. We rate a character on the same day new information comes out.
Oh, the irony

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
New information
The Smash website has updated with a new "music" section and there's something rather interesting I found.
View attachment 22609
View attachment 22608
Dr Mario hey. Figures. We rate a character on the same day new information comes out.
Oh, the irony
There are also 7 Idolm@ster musicians. So go figure.
But I doubt that the musicians will impact representation at all, considering there are musicians from all sorts of games. I mean, I wouldn't mind some El Shaddai representation, but it will absolutely never happen.

Noms:
5 x Groose representation
We are rating this tomorrow!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
There are also 7 Idolm@ster musicians. So go figure.
But I doubt that the musicians will impact representation at all, considering there are musicians from all sorts of games. I mean, I wouldn't mind some El Shaddai representation, but it will absolutely never happen.
Fair enough. I just wanted to point it out.

We are rating this tomorrow!
Damn. Um... change my noms to:
5 x Smash 4 outsells brawl

Wasn't Ridley revoted the same day Sakurai had a PoTD saying that size doesn't matter?
Dunno man. I wasn't even on Smashboards then.

Last edited:

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
Dr. Mario
Chance - 50%
I said I was 50/50 on the leak, so ya.

Want - 0%
Nah. I'm okay with clones like Lucina, but Dr. Mario is literally just Mario waring different clothes. And I say this as a Dr. Mario main.

Alt Dr. Mario
Chance - 30%
I could see it happening.

Want - 100%
It should be an alt costume because that's what it is.

Lana
Chance 2%
Nah. She's a spin of character in a game that probably wasn't in development until after Sm4sh was.
Want 60%
She could be fun to play as, but I still want Groose. Plus I like her design.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Dr. Mario

Chance - 2.5% - Honestly? I'm treating the leak as if it wasn't there. If I'm right, I'm right, and if I'm wrong it'll be reveled in a few days. So yeah, same as last time.

Want - 10% - Give me someone else from another series.

Dr. Mario Costume

Chance - 50% - Maybe, but Sakurai himself once said that it would be awkward to see Dr. Mario shoot fireballs.

Want - 50% - Don't care in the slightest.

Lana

Chance - 0% - Ha. I don't even think she would be created on time to be on the roster.

Want - 0% - Tetra or Vatti, folks.

Predictions

Groose Representation - 88.75% - Should get some mention.

4 Third Parties - 20.58% - I don't think so.

Cia - 0.35% - Hyrule Warriors again?!

Nominations

"Moonstruck Blossom" X5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dr. Mario Alt: 50%
Seems likely given the wide range of alts in the game.

Dr. Mario Separately playable: 40%
I'm finding it hard to doubt this new leak. I won't go into the details,

Want for both: 100%
Yes. I want him in some/any form. He is one of my most used characters in Melee. While, I would be satisfied with him as an alt, I wouldn't mind a clone either.

Lana: 0%
I honestly think this is a Geno-like situation. An original character created by Team Ninja for Hyrule Warriors, so I believe the rights lie with them.

Wouldn't mind her. She's fresh, new and well-designed.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Dr. Mario separate character: 10% - I'm not buying the leak yet.
Want: 0% - No.

Dr. Mario costume: 20% - Used to be higher, but Sakurai's comment about him throwing fire concerns me.
Want: 100% - Yes.

Lana: Double Zeroes - It's too soon, and as I've said before I dislike having a character become playable in Smash before their game even gets released.

Duck Hunt Dog x5

D

Deleted member

20140822190936.png

We rated Shulk as an Assist Trophy yesterday and look at what happens today? Possible Xenoblade music and content?

More 3rd Parties: 5%
Well some people still believe Rayman was leaked, and Bayonetta and Bomberman aren't necessarily out yet-
OH WAIT
Does this count Snake?
Yes it does count Snake. The concept will be true as long as we get more third party characters outside of Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man.

My beatiful joke! You've ruined it!

In all seriousness, though, this is why I'm glad there's been someone like you to help out when I'm busy. You bring the same kind of "charm" to this game that I always try to provide. Lonekonwolf does an admirable job as well (especially in the Phoenix Wright department), but you're like having a second version of me running around. Everyone, give this man a hand.
Come on! You know that Magikarp is the most powerful Pokemon ever! Look at how it killed all of those legendary Pokemon! :troll:

The pleasure is mine! I'm glad to help you run the game while you're gone and I'm glad that I can bring just as much energy as you do! Thank you so much, Groose!

New information
View attachment 22609
View attachment 22608
Oh, the irony
Looks like we did have good timing after all!
Sakurai... do you want to join in on this game please? We would really appreciate it...

I'll be back in a few hours to end the day!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Dr Mario: 32%
I'm giving the leak a healthy 20% at this stage, there's a bunch of minor issues, but the Tomadachi Life stage pic is interesting... sadly it's the only thing that doesn't seem do-able by an amateur (especially since they'd had since E3 last year to make these renders if they wanted)...

The other 12% is from the 15% chance I'd otherwise give him thanks to Lucina and melee precedent.

Want: 40%
Because of precedent I'd actually be quite happy with him. Not extatic, but it'd be fine, and it would allow Tornado to return.

Costume: 52%
I give him 65% of getting a costume if the leak is false. It makes sense, but Sakurai isn't known for his sensibility.

Want: 25%
Meh, it's just a costume, and we already have P:M for that. Actually we have P:M for a lot of things, I think we should remember that.

Lana: Double Zeros
She's third party, and too minor... but if she could (and she won't) be an AT I would be ecstatic, she'd be great!

Groose: 91.1%
There are a lot of trophies in Smash games... or we could get Groose' theme... there's a bunch of chances.

Rayman/Snake: 18.9%
People seem to think Snake's got a shot, and all the Rayman stuff (and still a lack of deconfirmation) gives a second unit some hope... add in the odd rogue entry (sadly Slime is looking too unlikely at this point) and I think we'll have a decent number of passable chances.

Dragon Quest*5
(Is it Slime Time yet?!)

OH MY GOD!!! Luffy confirmed!!

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
The Doctor (playable/costume)
Chances: 50/50
I guess 50/50 works because this leak is confusing me way too much. It seems really real and is supported by many things, but at the same time there are inconsistencies too.

Want: 50/20
I'd prefer a playable character over a costume because the more playable characters the better! That said, I'm not too interested in Dr. Mario. Ne'er really played him in Melee.

Lana
Chances: Nuh
Lana is too recent and has a resume of one game. Chances are she didn't even exist when the playable characters were chosen so I am not seeing her happen anytime soon.

Want: please no
I really, really dislike ditzy female characters.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Dr. Mario Playable Character: 80%
Want: ITS OVAH 9000!%
Dr. Mario was my main in Melee and i would like to see him back.
The Doc also has diff moves, so a costume with fireballs and F.L.U.D.D. is weird.
And for people who are saying "We don't need another Mario" i disagree.
No one asked for Young Link and Toon Link either.

Dr. Mario Costume: 75%
Want: 40%
I rather see Dr. Mario as a character than a costume.

Lana: 40%
I don't really know her...

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
First let me say this: I think that the leak has about a 20% chance to be true. That means that I will be rating like usual, but take 20% of my score away if the character isn't in the leak and add 20% if they are.

Dr. Mario (Character): 20% This is in the hands of the leak.
Want: 50% I want the leak to be true... except for this part. So, I am just putting him in the middle.

Dr. Mario (Alt. Costume): 64% Very likely.
Want: 100% This would be epic.

Lana: 1%

4+ Third Party Characters: 15%
Cia: 0.9%
Groose Representation: 34%

x5 Ditto Pokeball Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom