• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Shulk as Assist Trophy:
Chance: 30%
Want: 100%

I have no interest in the guy or the series, so I'd prefer him not to be playable.

Bandana Dee:
Chance: 50%
Want: 98%

One of my most wanted newcomers.

Nominations:
Mario Party Content x3
M. Bison x2

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The Extra Nominations post has been updated.

Congratulations @Kalimdori for getting Magikarp on the dot!

Shulk AT: 10% - Shulk is not a guarantee to be playable, but he is the most likely newcomer left. If he isn't playable he's a near shoe-in for AT status.
Want: 60% - Shulk isn't a bad choice, but I don't care much about either him or Xenoblade and his inclusion wouldn't excite me at all.

Bandana Dee's chances: 10% - I don't think Kirby will get a new character, but if it did it'll be him.
Want: 20% - Next to Smash, Kirby is my favorite Nintendo franchise. But I don't think it needs a new character. Honestly, I think he'd be better as an AT.

Duck Hunt Dog x5. I said before I was done with nominations but I dunno, I feel like this one needs a rerate.

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Shulk AT- 10%, I'm fairly convinced he's in.
Want- 100%, I would rather that Xenoblade Chronicles - as a series - not get a rep, or at least not in this Smash. An assist trophy would be a perfect role for Shulk, imo.

Bandana Dee- 15%
Want- 90%, I would like him in, but I can wait until the next Smash to play as him. His importance to the Kirby series is growing, and he'll be a top contender for Smash 5. I can't say the same for two of my other most wanted characters, Ghirahim and Sceptile, who are basically now or never.

Lana- 1.12%
Dr. Mario Playable- 54.3%
Dr. Mario Costume- 38.7%

City Trial Stage x10

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Shulk as a Assist Trophy
Chance: 20% Monolith Soft helped on the development on Brawl I don't know if there developing SSBU/3DS (They should be they develop everything else nowadays). And don't forget the Success Operation Rainfall, Shulk has enough Hype and Fanbase I say he could have as much hype as Megaman and Greninja. I WANT HIM PLAYABLE.

Want: 0% It would be a huge Slap in the face if he wasn't playable.

Bandana Dee
Chance: 45% If Sakurai decides to add him I would be ok with it. He's really popular and since Waddle Dees has been removed from Dedede's Moveset he has a slight chance. Sakurai's stated before he doesn't want to represent his own series (This could have changed since Kid Icarus is getting tons of content)

Want: 75%

Nominations
Duck Hunt Dog x4
Endless Ocean Stage x1

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Shulk AT:
Double zeros!
I've been convinced ever since April 6, 2012, that he's one of the most likely newcomers to make it into this game, leak or no stinking leak. Shulk just has too much going for him for an assist trophy to make any sense in my mind. Not to mention I'd see it as a huge slap in the face to Monolith Soft.

Bandanna Dee: Abstain.
I don't follow the Kirby series that well, so I don't feel like I can give a proper judgement to him.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Shulk Assist Trophy: "Are-you-****ing-kidding-me"%. (0%. for both want and chance.)

Ignoring my obviously extreme want of the character for a moment; Monolith Soft, which was once voted Nintendo's closest first party developer, who have helped not only on Brawl, but on ****ing Skyward Sword, a main series ZELDA game, among many other projects Nintendo has owned, is not going to get their one major game contribution as a first party company, with a big budget title coming out represented in the biggest Nintendo game of year(s) with a playable character? Are you being serious right now?

Come on, guys.

Bandana Dee: Abstain. I don't want to hurt anyone's feels, but I was never very big on the possibility of this concept. It's better I don't.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Monado zeros...

Bandana Dee:
Chance is dropping with this leak- 30%
Want - 55% almost indifferent

FIOOOOORRRAAAHHHHH x 5 :grin:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Shulk as AT: 0% chance and want
-Not gonna happen. He has way too much going for him, and it would be a slap in the face to his fans and Monolith.

Bandana Dee: abstain

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Shulk AT:
Chance: 35%
Want: 55%

I Know most people think he is a shoe in but I do not. Because of this I want to see them cry. LET IT BE SO (oh yeah, and fr chance reference to Isaac and being too new).

Bandana dee chance: 50%
FINALLY! Somone with a fair chance! This guy now stands on a great chance of being in. Unique, loved and part of Kirby. I'm gona love this one...

Want: 95%
Only recently have I fallen in love, but I'm kinda glad I did.

andimidna

Smash Master
Meanwhile, we just rated Ice Climbers at like 92% and out comes another leak saying they're cut right afterwards.
Well, also to be added later as DLC. But I guess that's not really what we're rating.

Which makes me think of something else... if we rerate Chorus Men again now, it will be as messy and scattered as our "Gematsu Legitimacy" Day. The leak says they're DLC, but we're not rating DLC, so while they're getting confirmed to be in the game eventually, we're supposed to lower there score (and give a 0, to those who who believe 100%)?
I'm not sure how we should go about that day. So I'm going to suggest it be grouped into a trio rating. Chorus Men (what will be on the Chance Chart), Marshall (as planned), and a third-- Chorus Men DLC.
Now, there's 2 ways of going about this.
1. Add this to the concepts
It is a concept after all
2. Create a DLC chart
Once the game is out, is the thread really finished? Or could we just rate DLC chances and satisfaction ratings for not only all of the characters, but modes or even stages.
This thread doesn't have to die out with the release, and this seems like the perfect opportunity to start preparing for that.
@Brawler610 since you're in charge atm, what do you think?

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee
Chance: 5%
Easily the most overrated character in the pre-Smash 4 build up imo. Not only is his importance to the Kirby series grossly overstated, but the chances of Kirby getting a fourth rep are very small. Yes, Bandana Dee IS the front runner for a Kirby rep, but that doesn't mean he is instantly in. Bandana Dee has done nothing other than a few cameo appearances, and one playable appearance, and the only reason that he WAS playable was NOT because of his importance, but because of the LACK of importance of other Kirby characters. Kirby has very few recurring characters, and adding anybody other than the main three would be unnecessary filler. (And no, being a hat in Streetpass doesn't increase your importance either, there is also fricken Spaghetti hats)

Want: 0%
I'd rather not play as a glorified version of the basic enemy.

Shulk Assist Trophy
I just don't see him NOT being playable. It's not Gematsu, it's not this new leak, he just seems like an incredibly likely character. And even if he doesn't end up playable, I don't think he'd end up in that role

I haven't played his game, but seeing him get demoted to Assist trophy after all the hype he has gotten would be tough to see for his supporters. He would be a cool character to see, and seeing him as anything other than playable would be a shame.

Nominations
Balance Patches x5

D

Deleted member

Shulk Assist Trophy

Chance: 0.1%

Want: 60%

I would rather have a Shulk AT than no Shulk at all.

Bandana Dee

It could go either way.

Want: 90%

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Shulk AT
Chance - 8%
Very likely in the event he isn't playable. Which I think he will be.

Want - 0%
I think I'd prefer him playable, really. I imagine an AT from Xenoblade would actually just be a heropon, probably Riki.

Bandana Dee
Chance - 5%
I just ... don't think he's that likely, and we're so close to release and so much competition, yada yada ... engage pessimism

Want - 5%
This probably started higher but I'm soooo very tired of him now. Too many re-rates with very little reason, imo.

Predictions
Dr. Mario - 54% playable, 46% alt. costume
Here come the leak believers ...
Lana - 0.4%
You know someone will inflate the score.

Nominations
x5 Use your villager and/or robin
woo! Thanks @Brawler610 !!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Shulk Assist Trophy: "Are-you-****ing-kidding-me"%. (0%. for both want and chance.)

Ignoring my obviously extreme want of the character for a moment; Monolith Soft, which was once voted Nintendo's closest first party developer, who have helped not only on Brawl, but on ****ing Skyward Sword, a main series ZELDA game, among many other projects Nintendo has owned, is not going to get their one major game contribution as a first party company, with a big budget title coming out represented in the biggest Nintendo game of year(s) with a playable character? Are you being serious right now?

Come on, guys.

Bandana Dee: Abstain. I don't want to hurt anyone's feels, but I was never very big on the possibility of this concept. It's better I don't.
Put me down for exactly what he said on both counts. Seriously. 0, 0, Abstain.

D

Deleted member

Edit: wow I'm really late today
Hahaha! Sorry about that! I like to update earlier than Groose normally does.

Want: 65% - I like him less and less each day, mainly because his shoe-in status and me having no connection has me lose hype.
Since you have no connection with Shulk, maybe this extremely informative Let's Play of Xenoblade Chronicles will help you?

(Still surprised that Magikarp and Idolmaster got over 0%)
Don't worry. I was very baffled when I got those results for Magikarp. I fully expected it to get a 0%.

Meanwhile, we just rated Ice Climbers at like 92% and out comes another leak saying they're cut right afterwards.
Timing in this thread has its strange ways, doesn't it?
First we rated Sceptile before the Hoenn remakes were confirmed days later, then we rated Takamaru before his game was going to come over to the US and before he got disconfirmed, then we rated Paper Mario the same day as that stage got confirmed, and finally this happened.

I Know most people think he is a shoe in but I do not. Because of this I want to see them cry. LET IT BE SO (oh yeah, and fr chance reference to Isaac and being too new).
Just for reference in the future, don't say things like this; it's very flame baity.

x5 Use your villager and/or robin
woo! Thanks @Brawler610 !!
Hahaha! You're welcome! The concept interests me and I'm thankful this leak happened so that I could nominate this.
Hilariously though, my Robin is mostly default with his eyes at Option 4. :laugh:

I'm still ending the day tomorrow at 6:00 PM EST!

EDIT: Whoops. Forgot this.
Well, also to be added later as DLC. But I guess that's not really what we're rating.

Which makes me think of something else... if we rerate Chorus Men again now, it will be as messy and scattered as our "Gematsu Legitimacy" Day. The leak says they're DLC, but we're not rating DLC, so while they're getting confirmed to be in the game eventually, we're supposed to lower there score (and give a 0, to those who who believe 100%)?
I'm not sure how we should go about that day. So I'm going to suggest it be grouped into a trio rating. Chorus Men (what will be on the Chance Chart), Marshall (as planned), and a third-- Chorus Men DLC.
Now, there's 2 ways of going about this.
1. Add this to the concepts
It is a concept after all
2. Create a DLC chart
Once the game is out, is the thread really finished? Or could we just rate DLC chances and satisfaction ratings for not only all of the characters, but modes or even stages.
This thread doesn't have to die out with the release, and this seems like the perfect opportunity to start preparing for that.
@Brawler610 since you're in charge atm, what do you think?
I think that we will rate the Chorus Men as characters that are planned in the game and not as DLC. Also, having four ratings in one day is a bit too much, in my opinion. I plan to have Marshal and the Chorus Men be rated alongside something else.
Once the game is out, this thread is finished. I don't think that we will be rating the chances of characters being DLC.
We could continue on, but that decision falls entirely on @ Groose Groose .

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Shulk AT:
Chance: 30%

This is the perfect place for this over-hyped character. He's had one solid game and has received some well deserved praise for characterization and the overall quality of the game. He's also a new face who is not even confirmed to be in his own sequel. He'd be rotting away much lower on the roster were it not for Gematsu, and I think his overall chances are much higher to be an AT and then get promoted in Smash 5 (if anyone still cares about him by then) than to be thrown in as a playable character at this point.

Bandana Dee:
Chance: 25%
Want: 25%

He's got decent chances, but he is definitely not going to be the next character in if we get one. I'd like him in, but there are others I'd like in as well. I can take him or leave him.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Hahaha! Sorry about that! I like to update earlier than Groose normally does.

Since you have no connection with Shulk, maybe this extremely informative Let's Play of Xenoblade Chronicles will help you?

Don't worry. I was very baffled when I got those results for Magikarp. I fully expected it to get a 0%.

Timing in this thread has its strange ways, doesn't it?
First we rated Sceptile before the Hoenn remakes were confirmed days later, then we rated Takamaru before his game was going to come over to the US and before he got disconfirmed, then we rated Paper Mario the same day as that stage got confirmed, and finally this happened.

Just for reference in the future, don't say things like this; it's very flame baity.

Hahaha! You're welcome! The concept interests me and I'm thankful this leak happened so that I could nominate this.
Hilariously though, my Robin is mostly default with his eyes at Option 4. :laugh:

I'm still ending the day tomorrow at 6:00 PM EST!
I actually plan on playing it. I just don't have the time. I'll probably try it soon enough though.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Shulk Assist Trophy - 1%

I really don't think that this would happen at this point, whether the fresh leak is true or not.

Want - 20%

Eh, I haven't played Xenoblade but of course I'm well aware that he has a large following and I do think he deserves to be in. I'd be upset for his fans if this did happen, but otherwise I can't say I'd be truly disappointed with it myself.

Bandana Dee - 20%

I'm really starting to doubt the little guy is in. Even with (likely) few newcomers left, he's still got a large amount of competition as a whole and, as I've said in my past ratings of him, a fourth Kirby character was never likely in the first place, due to Sakurai's modesty (and perhaps a bit of paranoia) towards Kirby representation in Smash, having created the Kirby franchise himself.

Want - 80%

Always liked him in the Kirby games, always liked the idea of him being playable in Smash 4.

The Doctor - 58.66%

The leak will definitely raise his chances for some.

Lana 0.6%

Wreck-It Ralph x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
People abstaining about Bandana Dee... Come on now, you can just give your scores and go. Most people are too distracted by the leaks to argue anyway, it appears.

This is the perfect place for this over-hyped character. [...] He'd be rotting away much lower on the roster were it not for Gematsu
He was scoring about 50% from the very beginning, well before Gematsu. He was in the top ten or so basically the entire time. His score got as high as 64% before Gematsu named him. So I don't think Gematsu is the only reason for his higher scores. So maybe you can attribute that 20% increase to Gematsu, but at 64%... he'd still be in first place among unconfirmed characters.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Shulk Assist Trophy
Chance - 1%
Want - 0%

Bandana Waddle Dee
Chances - 0%
Want - 10%

IronFish

Smash Ace
Shulk Assist Trophy
Chance - 1%
Want - 0%

Bandana Waddle Dee
Chances - 0%
Want - 10%
Thank you for explaining your viewpoints, and making yourself very clear, so we can understand why you believe the things you do.
But seriously

Bandana Waddle Dee
Chances: 55%
He is more likely than you think and he is certainly a dark horse candidate, he has been teased a few times and he is a bit of a similar boat to Rosalina, having non-playable appearances, and a notable playable appearance, plus look at the bias Sakurai is showing Kid Icarus? I just find it likely he will show Kirby some love this time around. Plus him getting shouldn't be a problem for other newcomers, we can get a bunch of them, relax.

Want: 90% he is my second most wanted Newcomer, I got my most wanted, being Robin, so I'd like to see him, if only to finally get 4 Kirby reps.

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Shulk AT:
I love Shulk, so I thought this idea would be a fun concept considering his IP and himself are in similar situation as many other IPs were in Brawl.

It would be weird to see such a new and strongly pushed IP as Xenoblade not receiving an AT. If they were to receive an AT rather than a character, then they would probably go the route they did with Sin and Punishment, Golden Sun, Starfy, etc and use the main protagonist. We forget that originally Xenoblade was not supposed to be published in the US, and even then, the game succeeded in spite of NoA. I am purely talking about Xenoblade, not its sequel.

So all that considered, I think Xenoblade will get at least an AT. It would not be that big of slap in the face to make Shulk an AT, considering they have done that with every other new IP in Smash aside from the (massively selling) Wii Series. Golden Sun was a much more successful series in terms of sales, and they only got an AT. But, I think momentum is one Shulk's side for being a character, considering the position the series is in. So:

Shulk's likelihood of being a playable character: 55%
AT chance: 35%
with 10% going to neither.
Anything that gets Shulk in the game.

Bandanna Dee:
Chances: 1%
I don't think he will be the fourth kirby rep.
Not my cup of Dee.

Noms:
Groose Representation x5

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Shulk (Assist Trophy)
Chance: 20%

It really shows you how many heads Xenoblade Chronicles turned by how popular Shulk is and how badly he's been requested for SSB4. In this thread and elsewhere, he's considered the most likely newcomer remaining. But what if his meteoric rise wasn't enough to sway Sakurai?

In all honesty, I'd be surprised if Shulk was only an AT. Sakurai has shown a lot of interest in XC, and we've had a couple big non-leak-related hints that seem to hint toward Shulk having an important role. Can't rule out the chance of us being off the mark, though...especially with what happened with the last newcomer reveal. >_>

Want: 20%

With Robin confirmed, Shulk is my most wanted of the remaining newcomers. Needless to say, I'd rather he wasn't an AT, but if it was AT or nothing, I'd settle for the former.

Bandana Dee
Chance:
-Main Roster: 35%
-As DeeDLC: 60%

Who knew a right-hand-man with a bandana and a spear could cause so much controversy? This guy's as polarizing as Krystal, and he's appeared in games that were really well-received!

I think there's a decent chance of Bandana Dee being a secret newcomer. We have all three Kirby veterans now, meaning there's that chance Sakurai is staggering their reveals so a fourth wouldn't seem like a reach. He's gained prominence over the last several games, starting with Kirby Super Star Ultra (which first illustrated his role as King Dedede's royal guard and advisor), up to Return to Dreamland where he was the poster character for the new Spear ability, and now Triple Deluxe, where he plays more of a role than Meta Knight! He's also an established character with an established role, not the "generic enemy, just with headgear" some see him as, and he's even been getting treated as a major character in the latest promotional stuff.

That alone probably wouldn't be enough for Sakurai to give him the nod, but he also has something the other newcomers have had: moveset potential. He'd be the first lance-wielder in Smash, and--if it wasn't considered a stretch--could also incorporate other items and powers the more generic Waddle Dees are associated with; parasols, beam staves to emulate Waddle Doo, et cetera.

Even if he didn't make it in the initial roster, he's be one of the most likely candidates for newcomer DLC. I just can't see Sakurai balking on giving his old franchise a hand, not when the potential's there.

Want: 55%

He's really grown on me in the last few months. I can also get behind us finally having more varied weapon users, even though I'm a little concerned about how much mileage they'd get out of the Spear ability if they choose not to pull from other ones. Still, though, that didn't stop them from giving interesting movepools to Pac-Man and Little Mac.

Predictions
Dr. Mario (Character): 26.75%
Dr. Mario (Alternate Costume): 40.25%
Lana: 0.49%

Hopefully people don't jump to conclusions too much...and we're not rating Lana and Cia on the same day? :ohwell:

Nominations
Sceptile Rerate x5

Burigu

Smash Ace
I have to say I am a bit worried about going right into rating the characters in the leak, I am not sure how many of you showed up in that thread today but the whole situation is a mess. (Not the leak but the thread) I hope the chaos doesn't expand here as leaks are always controversial topics.

Ghirahim deconfirmed! not that this helps debuck the leak but this is important

Shulk assit trophy
Chance: 0.1%
Monolith tweet

Playable or playable

Waddle Dee
In the light of the leak I have to rate him low

Want: 40%
It is ok but we need to stop rating him on a monthly basis or at least this is like the 3rd time since I joined.

Predictions
Dr. Mario 75.34%
Lana: 2.32%

Nominations
Unlockeable Taunts x 5

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Pour one out for Ghirahim... He's confirmed to be an AT.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Shulk AT:

Chance-10%

Want-75%

I don't really want him, no real reasons why tho. Almost a shoo-in imo

Bandana Frickin Dee:

Chance: 70%

Want: Indefinite%

Kirby is a sakurai franchise, and I feel like it may get a new character. Bandana Dee is the next in line, even sakurai has shown that BDee is one of the Main kirby protaganists. Also, Bandana Dee is the best character ever... :p

D

Deleted member

~Snip I'm late~

Sorry Ghirahim fans :(

Last edited by a moderator:

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Shulk as an AT:

Chance: 0%
Sakurai would not put him of all characters as an assist. He's either in the roster or not.

Shulk really deserves a spot in the roster. If he is in as an AT I might not buy this game. (JK)

Bandana Waddle Dee:

Chance: 20%
The character has only become somewhat relevant in Return to Dreamland. Sakurai knows that Kirby, Dedede and Meta Knight are the most important characters in the series and the ones that deserves spots.

Want: 10%
I could care less for him. If he's in, I don't care and if he's not, I still don't care.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Shulk AT
Chance:5% Shulk looks more like Newcomer material. Then again, I said the same about Dillon.
Want:50% I couldn't care less about Shulk being playable or not, even though it would be nice to play as him,
Bandana Dee
Chance: 65% I doubt Kirby will get less reps the FE considering who made the games and the fact Sakurai is going for more recent characters
Want:10000000000000000000% My most wanted, even if my amount of posts on there compared to the Ridley thread say otherwise

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
*Sigh* I believed... but I was wrong.
#Ghirahim4Smash5

Shulk AT:
Chance: abstain
Really, I have no idea at this point how Shulk will fare. The roster is really limited now. Heck, I could see him as a simple trophy.
To be totally honest, anything got to do with Shulk would be awesome, playable or not.

Bandanna Dee:
Chance: 10%
He always has a shot but Sakurai has been more invested to Kid Icirus this time around. Though the lack of Kirby content is suspicious...
Want: 20%
I've always seen him as 'meh, a normal waddle dee with a bandanna' but I suppose the spear redeems him a bit.

Predicitons:
Lana - 0.3%
Dr Mario playable - 50%
Dr Mario alt - 50%

Noms:
5 x Groose representation

Firelucario

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2664-2218-5783
Shulk Assist Trophy:
Chance: 35% The Xenoblade Chronicles series has gained quite the following over the years. Operation Rainfall is the prime example of this. With a new upcoming game, the series deserves an assist trophy at the very least. But I think a character is more likely.
Want: 5% I rather have Shulk as an assist Trophy than not in the game at all. But Shulk is my top-favorite character that I want to see playable, so I only gave 5%.

Bandana Dee:
Chance: 30% Since Sakurai is the creator of the Kirby series there is a possible chance of a new Kirby representative. However just like Toad from the Mario series, waddle Dee, while iconic, is just too plentyfull. Since the waddle dees are already in Smash Run I don't see one becoming a playable character. But it is still a possibillity.
Want: 10% As an assist trophy, sure. But I rather see a different Kirby character playable, one that is less generic.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Shulk AT chance - 40%
I think it's more likely he'll be playable, but not by much, and I see him as assist otherwise.

Want - 50%
I'm pretty neutral.

Bandana Dee chance - 25%
I think he's more likely than plenty others, but still too low to be considered to have a good shot.

Want - 25%
Eh. If he was a bonus Kirby clone like Lucina, I'd be alright, but there are too many characters I want before him. Still, it wouldn't be a big deal to me.

Nominate Impa x5

Last edited:

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
Shulk Assist Trophy
Chance - 20%
Want - 40%
At this point, I think he is playable, but if he isn't I could see him being an AT. It's better then not being in the game.

Bandana Waddle Dee
Chances - 5%
Want - 10%
Nah, this is another one I don't see the appeal of. If he get's more major roles in future Kirby games I could see myself supporting him in Smash 5.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
This post doesn't take account the new leak at all. I absolutely despise those leaks with unclear legitimacy, and that's why I was so hyped with the July 14 reveal and the death of Gematsu.
Asides from the fact that Robin was my most wanted newcomer at the time.

Bandana Dee chances: 8 %
Meh. Like I said in my Magikarp post, "popularity doesn't excuse anything", and Bandana Dee's main point is... popularity, not much more. It looks like he's in the Kirby franchise at the same hierarchy level as Toad, Bowser Jr. or Impa in their respective series, who are all very important and recurring, but are not much more than sidekicks of NPCs or important enemies. Those are the perfect archetype of characters who are at best Assist Trophy summons IMO.

Bandana Dee want: 0.15 %
Easily one of my least wanted newcomers, one of those who would make me facepalm at the reveal trailer. It looks like he's nothing more than a desperate addition for the sake of adding a Kirby character IMO. "But Sakurai is the one who created Kirby!" We already have Palutena, thanks. (I know that Sakurai didn't create Palutena, but he completely redesigned her and she's 100 % inspired from Uprising as a Smash fighter) I know that Bandana Dee isn't exactly a generic Waddle Dee, but still I hate the idea of a glorified generic-looking enemy as a Smash fighter.
The only reason why I don't give a flat zero is because at least the support he gets isn't as baseless or based on irrelevant arguments compared to some other characters *cough* Sceptile *cough*

Shulk Assist Trophy chances: 45 %
This score could be much lower without the reveal of Ghirahim as an Assist Trophy on Pic of the Day. He was one of the characters I expected to be playable in Smash 4 due to his important role in the Zelda history (he resurrects the original evil from The Legend of Zelda universe, the reason why Ganon always resurrects according to Hyrule Historia because he's a manifestation of Demise's hatred for Hylia) and being pointed at a lot with item designs coming mainly from Skyward Sword, the Fi trophy shown in the Smash Direct, the fact that the remixed Ballad of the Goddess includes a part of Ghirahim's theme, and his theme being used in an official announcement for Nintendo at E3.
If today's pic of the day learnt me something, it's that pointing at a character a lot doesn't mean that this character will be playable in Smash (and I'm not that confident on playable Ridley anymore tbh). Does Xenoblade deserve to have a playable rep in Smash? Maybe, but I don't think that it's absolutely necessary. It's only one game from the Wii era, that is already represented by Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, and Ike to a lesser extent, though I admit that Xenoblade as a game is nothing like Mario Galaxy and Wii Fit. All this teasing about Xenoblade on Twitter pretty much guarantee Xenoblade content or references in Smash 4, but maybe the collaboration between Sakurai and Monolith are nothing more than an Assist Trophy - or even worse, just trophies. We already had this situation with collaboration between Sakurai and Platinum Games, and we got... Wonderful 101 trophies and nothing more. Also note the complete absence of Xenoblade content in Smash 4 currently - IMO that means that Shulk will be either absent from the playable roster or one of those hidden characters not officially revealed before the game's release.
But according to what I read Sakurai seems to like Xenoblade a lot, and he's obviously biased by the games he particularly likes, meaning that he could include playable Shulk as well as a lot of Xenoblade content in Smash 4 as a manifestation of his love for this game. That's the reason why I don't give more than 50 % to my Shulk Assist Trophy chances; I think that he has 50 % chances to be playable, 45 % chances to be an Assist Trophy, 5 % chances to be just a trophy, and a negligible chance to be not featured in the game at all.

Shulk Assist Trophy want: 10 %
Xenoblade is one of those games I'd like to play one day or another. But if Shulk isn't in the playable roster then my desire to play to Xenoblade would probably decrease a lot, and his supporters would be immensely disappointed. Anyway there is another JRPG potential newcomer I want much more and who is more deserving to join the playable roster IMO.

Predictions:
Lana: 0.11 %
I refuse to predict Dr. Mario's score due to probable heavily leak-based bias.

Nominating:
Concept: non-Fire Emblem franchise with exactly four playable reps x5

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Waluigi Shulk:

Chance: 5% - At this point Shulk is by far and wide the most likely newcomer candidate, and even more likely than many veterans imo, so I doubt this would happen.

Want: 50% - As always I'm just indifferent to anything with Shulk. It'd be fun to shake things up, but at the same time it'd suck for his supporters, so I'm just indifferent.

Bandana Dee

Chance: 15% - Not incredibly likely imo. He'd be a great DLC choice though if he isn't an AT.

Want: 80% - Given how big a Kirby fan I am it comes naturally that I'd enjoy his inclusion a lot. His moveset is already cut out for him too, and seeing the whole main character Kirby cast playable would be very cool.

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Shulk as AT
Want: 50%
Bandana Dee
Nomination
Dark Pit as Stage Boss x5

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Shulk AT
Chance: 25% - He's more than likely playable.

Bandanna Dee
Chance: 21%
Want: 77%

Predictions
Lana: 1%
Dr Mario: 27%

Nominations: SSB4 outsells Brawl x5

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I don't know about Bandana Waddle Dee's chances. I don't know about any character's chances. I feel like we think we KNOW something (like Chrom being confirmed) and than other things happen. I think Sakurai and his team can be very surprising.

I just know I'd LOVE a Kirby rep and think Bandana Waddle Dee is perfect. He very relevant in the recent games as well as the new upcoming Kirby game. I do think he's now the 4th most important Kirby rep and SO far he hasn't been deconfirmed. He hasn't been listed as an AT trophy yet, he's not a part of Dedede's moveset, we still don't have a Kirby stage reveal. So until he's legit deconfirmed I still see him having decent prospect.

Also we're talking abut Bandana Waddle Dee not General Waddle Dee. We're talking abut A CHARACTER. I think a lot of people are a bit misinformed on who this character is by non-fans or people not up to date with Kirby games.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Shulk AT:
Chance - 2% It's pretty much playable or trophy for him.
Want: 0% Playable pls

Bandana Dee:
Chance - 15% Pretty high from me. At this point, since Takamaru is gone; I see Bowser Jr., Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, Shulk, and a RH rep as the most likely newcomers. Plus that PotD Monday was pretty sneaky.... all the major Kirby characters except Bandana Dee looking in fear at Nightmare. Could Bandana Dee come to save them?
Want: 100% As long as Mewtwo and most vets are there aside from Wolf, Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and maybe R.O.B. (and I mean I can take or leave these 5) I'd be content with this.

Predictions:
Doc as a Full Character: 23.54% - That stupid "leak" will do too much for this....
Lana: 3.46% - Oh boy here come the Zeldataku fanboys.

Noms:
Kirby Triple Deluxe Stage x5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom