• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The Extra Nominations post has been updated.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
CROWNED: 95%.
Want: 100%. YES! This is one of the best music pieces from Nintendo. FLOWERED, Moonstruck Blossom, Dirty and Beauty, Dedede's Theme, Adventure's End, and Johto Trainer Theme are the only things that beat it IMO.
MMM: 5%.
Want: 10%. Meh.
Lief X3, Zoroark X2
Dry Bowser: 38.46%.
The Other Thing: 50.34%.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
CROWNED

Chance - 90% - Music can be hard to predict, but this is a fairly iconic theme from Returns. Also, was it ever mentioned that this theme was remixed for Dedede's Drum Dash Z? Any reason not to put it in is arbitrary.

Want - 99% - I may like "Dirty and Beauty" and "Moonstruck Bloosom" more, but it still is one of my favorite themes of all time.

Moo Moo Medows

Chance - 35% - Not exactly a good track for a fight, I'd imagine, but weirder themes have been put forth.

Want - 50% - Eh.

Nominations

"In the Space Pirate Ship" X10

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
MUSIC DAY

C-R-O-W-N-E-D:

Chance: 75%
One of the most likely Kirby: Return to Dreamland songs hands down.
Want: 100%
Yeah. I'm all for it.

Moo Moo Meadows theme:
Chance: 20%
It could be used in a potential Mario Kart stage because it was actually quite popular out of Mario Kart Wii's songs and it was updated for Mario Kart 8's so it has more going for it than most other Mario Kart songs.
My favourite song in Mario Kart 8, and that's saying a lot. That glorious violinn. :colorful:
[collapse=MK8 Moo Moo Meadows theme]
[/collapse]

Nominations:
Ghirahim rerate x 5

Predictions:
Dry Bowser Alt Costume - 30.34%
To be honest, I have no idea.
Stage Music No Longer Limited By Franchise - 6.79%
Oh, how I wish it would happen.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
CROWNED
Chance: abstain
I don't know
Want: abstain
I don't care

Moo Moo Meadows
Chance: 7%
It's more unlikely than most think IMO.
Before Mario Kart 8, it was just another MKWii song. And the MKWii version isn't all that popular.
The only MK game getting repped in this game so far is 7. And it wouldn't be all that fitting on Rainbow Road from MK7.
MK8 could easily have come out too late for any affect, X and Y is the most recent game that's got representation, right?
Almost no chance.
Want: 110%
My new favorite MK track and song of all time. No, seriously. I'd love this that much.

Pre:
Dry Bowser: 42%
Stage Music: 10%

x5 Cia (for now...)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
CROWNED
Chance: 60%
The problem with its chance, in the direct we heard happy-go-lucky music which means we are getting a happy-go-lucky kirby stage, And this track wouldn't fit on it, and we only got one Kirby stage in brawl. And 3DS stages only have 2 music pieces. However it is a popular track and Kirby should hopefully get more then one stage this time, it certainly deserves it.
Most wanted music track, this tune is absolutely fantastic and really is a great work of art.

Moo Moo Meadows
Chance: 50% Maybe?
Want: 50% I guess it would be alright.

Nominate Parabo & Satebo x5

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
CROWNED
Chance: 90%
Haven't played Return to Dream Land, but I just gave it a listen and it sounds like it would be a decent choice for a song.

Moo Moo Meadows
Abstain

x5 Riki

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
C-R-O-W-N-E-D
Chance: 30%
I am shocked by how high people are rating this... Kirby stage aesthetics are often cutesy and happy go lucky, this song is not any of those things... it just wouldn't go with what we'll likely get as a stage! It could well be there on notoriety alone, but I don't think it's that big a deal tbh.

Want: 10%
Meh, I don't actually like the track, or much of the RTDL music tbh. This track isn't the worst pick, but it's not conducive to a fast paced fighting game track; I'd prefer the regular boss theme... Super Ability would be nice too, but it's all about the classic tracks... and Triple Deluxe...

Moo Moo Meadows:
Another track that I can't imagine on a stage. On a Mario Kart 8 stage the aesthetics are likely going to be either road-like, more futuristic, or Bowsers Castle... and Moo Moo meadows wouldn't suit any of these at all. The Track does have more widespread usage though, so could be used on another Mario stage... But given it has in my opinion less chance than above in it's home stage I've gotta give it lower, but I can actually much more easily see it on a level.

Want: 50%
I'd be cool with it, it's a good track and it'd make a great backdrop on a grassy Mario stage, but there are a lot of good Mario tracks to chose from, so it's got competition.

Dry Bowser Alt Costume: 33.33%
I don't know, it seems the obvious choice for Bowser, but I don't know how much effort they're putting into alts.

Stage Music no longer limited by franchise: 13.13%
It kinda goes against the point, especially with the FD versions trying to give you the full smash bros experience by taking you to the different universes... that happening with random music would just be weird.

Wii Fit Meter*5

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
C-R-O-W-N-E-D: Chance: 70%
02 and the Marx battle made it into Brawl, I'd be very surprised if this one didn't make it in to this one. Would rate it higher, but we haven't actually seen the Kirby stage(s) for Wii U. (But even then, it could just be played on the Halberd)

I love that song.

Moo Moo Meadows: Abstain both chance and want.
At least for the time being, I'm tired :p

Want: 0%
I have Project M for Dry Bowser. Gimme something new and cool for this one!

College homework does terrible things to a persons brain. Still 0% though, while it is a cool song, it's not one I would want for Smash.

Nominations: Rayman Rerate x5

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
C-R-O-W-N-E-D
Chance: 70%
The Green Greens theme in the Direct fits in a outer space stage too and seeing this is the final boss theme, yeah it can happen.

It means KRtDL gets a Landia/Outer Space stage.

MMM:
Chance: 10%
Moo Moo Meadows stage won't be happening and I don't think it fits a generic circuit either.
The only saving grace for this would be a stage based on the Wii Play minigame Charge!!

Predictions:
Dry Bowser alt: 26.4%
Stage music not limited by franchise: 3.2%

Nominations:
Mega Mewtwo Y x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Double Cherry Item
Chance: 7.82%
Want: 50.51%

This concept is seen as pretty unlikely due to how much of a technical nightmare is. You've also said that while Sakurai may have prior knowledge of Super Mario 3D World when he added Rosalina, he might have not known about this. This concept is also barely above the 50% mark. Some of you love this item and want to see it, others don't want it for how technical it really is and don't like the chaos involved (though, some loved it for the chaos alone).

Frederick Assist Trophy
Chance: 18.66%
Want: 46.72%

Frederick picked a god and he prayed to become an Assist Trophy. Unfortunately, he comes from a series with way too much competition in both fighters and Assist Trophies. Some of the more popular suggestions over him included Tharja, Anna, and Tiki. Still, he is in the hearts of many Awakening players and a lot of people want to see him aid milord's daughter and tactician. Farewell, Frederick.

Today is yet another musical showdown! Last time, we were In the Final and people knew our names! Today, two musical tracks will stand against each other in all all-out Brawl! What a Melee this will be!
In the pink corner is C-R-O-W-N-E-D, the final boss theme of Kirby's Return to Dream Land! In the red corner is Moo Moo Meadows, the song that is heard in the farm track of the same name in Mario Kart Wii!
One will be crowned the victor here while one will go back to the pasture. In the end though, will these songs appear in Smash 4? Please rate the chance of C-R-O-W-N-E-D and Moo Moo Meadows being selectable songs and state how much you want them!

Tomorrow... you know the Bowser that lost in the tournament? Well, he's back and he's feeling... dry. He is seeking revenge with his Dry Bowser Alternate Costume! Not all is grim though as he brought the nifty concept of "Stage Music No Longer Being Limited by Franchise!"
Please predict how a Dry Bowser Alt. Costume and "Stage Music No Longer Being Limited by Franchise" will fare in tomorrows game!

[collapse=Nominations]Next Available Day:Dry Bowser Costume
x60 Stage Music Not Limited By Franchise
x57 Interactive Eternal Darkness Representation
x57 John Raimi (Geist)
x55 Akari Hayami (Wave Race)
x55 Rayman Rerate
x53 Bayonetta Rerate
x50 Jill Valentine
x50 Olimar Alternate Costume
x47 Lana (Hyrule Warriors)
x45 Legendary Heropon Riki
x45 Warrior of Light (Final Fantasy)
x42 IdolM@ster Character
x40 Ditto Pokeball
x40 Brain Age Stage
X37 Porky Rerate
x37 Phoenix Wright Trophy
x37 Cia (Hyrule Warriors)
x36 Andy Rerate
x35 Mii Wizard
x35 Ghirahim Rerate
x35 Petey Piranha (Super Mario Bros)
x35 Inkling
X35 Galacta Knight (Kirby)
x35 Mega Mewtwo Y
X32 Kiddy Kong (Donkey Kong)
x32 “In the Space-Pirate Ship”
x30 Karate Joe
x30 Four or More Third Parties
x30 Hyrule Warriors Costumes
x30 Tag Team Battles
x30 The Theater Stage
x29 Parabo and Satebo
x28 Nightmare Rerate
x27 Chef Kawasaki Rerate
X27 Protoman (Mega Man)
x27 Six Mario Characters
x26 Krystal Rerate
x26 Excitebiker Rerate
x25 “Punch Bowl"
x25 Metal Face Boss
x25 Sonic 3DS Stage (Not Green Hill Zone)
x23 Marina (Mischief Makers)
x20 Hannebow Stage
x20 Cain and Abel
x20 Gaius (Fire Embelm)
x20 Playable Bosses Rerate
x20 Daroach (Kirby)
x20 City Trial Stage
x20 Mother 3 Content Without Lucas
x20 Unlockable Costumes
x20 Magikarp
x20 Rundas (Super Ridley)
x20 Wii Fit Meter
x19 Balance Patches
x18 Third Party Assist Trophy [From a series without a playable character]
X15 Dedede Arena
x15 Heracross (Pokemon)
x15 Kid Icarus Dog (Kid Icarus)
x15 All Brawl Veterans / No Brawl Cuts
x15 Team-Up Attacks in Team Battle
x15 Venusaur (Pokemon)
x15 Chaos 0 (Sonic)
x15 Inkling Assist Trophy
x15 Villain Newcomer (Mewtwo Counts)
x15 Bidoof
x15 Wreck-It Ralph! (Wreck-It Ralph!)
x15 Endless Ocean Stage
x15 More Mii Fighter Classes
x14 CPU Uses Alternate Costumes
x13 Standalone Pokemon Trainer Rerate
X10 Leif (Fire Emblem)
x10 Gyrardos (Pokemon)
x10 Franchise Other Than Fire Emblem With Four Character
x10 Batallion Was Rifle Grunts (Battalion Wars)
x10 Mallow (Super Mario)
x10 Godot (Ace Attorney)
x10 Billy Hatcher (The Giant Egg)
X10 King Boo Rerate
x10 NFC DLC
x10 Captain Syrup Rerate
x10 Daisy Rerate
x10 Purchasale DLC Music
x10 Mach Rider Rerate
x10 Sami
x8 Charlie (Mario Golf)
x8 Ken Masters
x6 Zoroark
x6 Japanese Voice Options
x6 Six Pokemon Characte
x6 Kid Icarus Girl (Kid Icarus)
x6 Impa Rerate
x5 Metal Overlord Boss
x5 DLC Character
x5 Micaiah AT
x5 Captain Viridian (VVVVVVV)
x5 Sealed Grounds Stage
x5 Yumetaro (Famicom)
x5 N Rerate
x5 Rambi AT
x5 Masterpieces Returns
X5 Medli NPC
x5 Airship Stage
x5 General DLC
x5 Villains Trailer
x5 Konami Character
x5 “Bellumbeck”
x5 Kirby Triple Deluxe Stage
x5 “The Won-Stopable Wonderful 100”
X5 Dark Matter Rerate
x5 Tropical Resort
x5 Kururin
x5 Lysandre (Pokemon)
x5 Masked Man Rerate
x5 Q Bert (Q*Bert)
X5 Toadsworth (Super Mario)
x5 Post-Release Patches
x5 Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe)
x5 Kumatora (Mother/Earthbound)
X5 Tony (Earthbound)
x5 Wuhu Island 3DS Stage
x5 Hades Rerate
x5 Hooktail Stage Hazard
x5 Star Man (Prowrestling)
x5 Four Fire Emblem Characters
x5 King Hippo (Punch-Out!)
x5 Little Mac Codec
x5 Ganon Rerate
x5 Pokemon Series Newcomer
x5 WayForward Rep
x5 Tharja Rerate
x5 Robot Ness Alt Costume
x5 Ice Climbers Rerate
x5 Destiny (FE:A song)
x4 M. Bison
x4 Coco Bandicoot
x3 “Adventure’s End”
x3 More Pokeball Pokemon
x3 Sceptile Rerate
x2 Isa Rerate
x2 Spinner Item
x2 Kat & Ana (Wario)
x2 Birdo AT
x2 Pilotwings Character
x2 Kirby Air Ride Stage
x1 Bomberman Rerate
x1 Yuga (Zelda)
x1 Ravio (Zelda)
x1 Blaze the Cat
x1 Hilda (Zelda)
x1 Ilyana (Fire Emblem)
x1 Six Zelda Characters
x1 Giygas (Mother)
x1 Fossil Fighters (Fossil Fighters)
x1 Newcomers Without a Stage
x1 Customizable Event Matches
x1 Blaziken Rerate
x1 Pink Gold Peach (Mario Kart)[/collapse]

@BigAxle
@FalKoopa
Can one of you please change the title of the thread? I can't.
I don't see Parabo & Satebo on that list, I think they would be up to 15 or 20 by now.

29? Didn't expect to see them that high!

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
C-R-O-W-N-E-D chances: abstain
Didn't played Kirby RTDL. I know it's a boss battle theme, but I don't know how important is this boss in this game.
[Edit: didn't entirely read Brawler610's intro post for this day, and it's actually the final boss battle theme :facepalm: I'll still abstain for the chance rate though]

C-R-O-W-N-E-D want: 74 %
A very cool music, well suited for battle.

Moo Moo Meadows chances: 3 % and want: 2 %
I don't particularly hate this theme, but isn't really memorable and isn't suited for battle at all. I really don't imagine this theme on the Rainbow Road stage. Well, maybe a remix could work, but I still doubt about it...

Changed my mind about Tharja in a way: I think she's possible as an AT due to her weird relationship with Robin, who's a playable character in Smash, but the popularity factor is still pretty much irrelevant IMO.

Prediction:
Dry Bowser alternate costume: 15,55 %
Stage music no longer limited by franchise: 4,80 %

Nominating:
Playable newcommer: Magikarp x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

C-R-O-W-N-E-D

A-B-S-T-A-I-N

Moo Moo Meadows

Chance: 5%
Want: 0% - Cool song but I don't think it'd be good in Smash. Would prefer something like N64 Rainbow Road

Nomination

Andy x5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
C-R-O-W-N-E-D: 90%
Sooooooooooo good o_o Plus, it's probably one of the more noteworthy Kirby songs now if not the most and it's new.

Moo Moo Meadows: 20% Only because we might get a Mario Kart 8 stage.
Want: 40% Kinda meh

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
C-R-O-W-N-E-D
Chance: 25%
It's awesome music, that I can't deny, but what stage to put it on? It doesn't go with the cutesy stages, that's for sure. It could only appear if the decision has been made that one of the final boss-ish stages of Kirby is added. Which sounds totally fine in my book, because I think those need some representation too. Especially the darker ones. Kirby isn't always a saccharine mess of cutesy creatures and happy worlds.
Want: 70%
OOooo yes. Like I said, awesome music. Would've rated higher if it weren't for the fact I'd actually rather have the Zero Two theme remixed. I wonder how it would sound.

Moo Moo Meadows
Abstain
Not sure what to think of it.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
CROWNED (Kirby) as a Selectable Song
Chance: 50% - Really, music from Return to Dreamland is all but assured no matter what game they pull Kirby stages from. That said, i'm not entirely sure if they would go for this song specifically.
Want: 30% - It's a nice song, but there's quite a few Kirby songs I would want first.

Moo Moo Meadows (Mario Kart) as a Selectable Song
Chance: 10% - Considering our only Mario Kart stage so far is Rainbow Road 7 on the 3DS version with only 2 songs per stage, I doubt this song is making it through.
Want: 10% - I like this song, especially with how they redid it for Mario Kart 8, but there are quite a few songs I like more for Smash Bros.

Predictions:
Dry Bowser as a costume for Bowser: 23% Chance, 86% Want
Music Selection Uninhibited by Home Franchise: Abstain, I'm still confused on what this is exactly.

Nominations:
More Mii Fighter Classes x3
Phoenix Wright Trophy x1
Andy Rerate x1

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
C-R-O-W-N-E-D- abstain

Moo Moo Meadows- 5%
Want- 70%

Dry Bowser- 17.5%
Stage music not limited by franchise- 5.6%

Oooh, extra nomz!
Theater Stage (Paper Mario TTYD) x10

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
C-R-O-W-N-E-D: 60% - It's a notable track from a game that's very likely to get a stage.
Want: 50% - Honestly, music is the single least important thing to me for Smash. Almost every track we could possibly rate would get an "I don't care" ranking from me.

Moo Moo Meadows: 10% - I just don't see this one as likely.
Want: 50% - See above.

Dry Bowser prediction: 25.39%
Stage Music not limited by franchise prediction: 6.50%

Brain Age Stage x5

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
C-R-O-W-N-E-D
Chance: 60%
As the final boss theme of the most recent console Kirby game, this song has a very reasonable chance to appear on whatever Kirby Wii U stage we get, whether it be Halberd or a new stage. I see people think that it competes with Triple Deluxe's final theme, but that'll probably appear on the 3DS Kirby stage. Final boss themes are pretty common in Smash, so this seems like a likely pick

Want: 20%
The song really wasn't all that great in my opinion, but seeing as there are usually a ton of songs per stage, I wouldn't mind seeing this stage
Moo Moo Meadows
Chance: 5%
Very unlikely. There's nowhere to really put it imo. The only place I could reasonably see it go is the New Super Mario Bros stage, but even that isn't very likely. It can't be on the 3DS Mario Kart stage, because it doesn't fit Rainbow Road at all. I just don't see this one, it's only saving grace is it's popularity, but even still there are far superior Mario Kart Tracks

Want: 15%
It's a good song, but it definitely would need to be remixed, as it doesn't suit fighting in the original form.
Nominations
Olimar Alternate Costumes (Louie, President, Alphy, Charlie) x3
Balance Patches x2

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Moo Moo Meadows Music:
Chance: 0.5%

I hated that song nor does it really suit a stage as of now.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
C-R-O-W-N-E-D:

Chance: 70%
Hesitant to say any music is likely, but this one is more likely than not, imo.

Want: 70%
It's a cool track, but I imagine it would just be ripped. I much prefer remixes.

Moo Moo Meadows: Abstain

Predictions:
Dry Bowser: 47.47%
Music: 23.45%

Nominations: Hyrule Warriors Alternate Costumes x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
C-R-O-W-N-E-D
Chance: 40%
Want: 80%

Moo Moo Meadows theme
Chance: 10%
Want: 30%

Predictions
Dry Bowser: 13%
Music thing: 50%

Nominations: Rundas x15

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Crowned
80% Chance
100% Want
Moo Moo Meadows
1% Chance
0% Want

Dry Bowser 27.27%
Music 50%

Nominations
Lip x5

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
C-R-O-W-N-E-D

Chance: 85%
We can expect plenty of music in the game to come. Any song of note will more than likely be added. I fully expect extra content to be overflowing with the absence of time hogs like SSE. Songs should be no exception.

Not my favorite piece. :urg:

Moo Moo Meadows

To me, the song was not one of Mario Kart's best. Music is hard to rate chance wise because it's a very subjective thing. What Sakurai or his staff find highly appealing could be something I find completely unlistenable. Decent consideration will be given to the fans' tastes, but what of the non-essential tracks? Anything could be added at that point.

Moo Moo Meadows was unfortunately a tune that I didn't find memorable at all. Mario Kart has a handful of more appealing songs, but it wouldn't surprise me if they threw in Moo Moo Meadows for the hell of it.

Groose

Smash Champion
Outset Toon Link x5 (have we rated that before? Will change if so)
Nope. Good idea.

Nominations: Rayman Rerate x5
Unfortunately, Nintendo has just confirmed that Rayman will not be playable in this game, so I have to disbar this nomination. Still, since I feel pretty bad that you worked him all the way to the top (we would have predicted him tomorrow), I'm giving you 20 bonus nominations to get you started on what you want to rate next. @ Smasher 101 Smasher 101 : Could you add this to the extra nominations post, please?

"C-R-O-W-N-E-D": 66% chance and 50% want
It is an important song from a game that's very likely to get a stage. I'd actually be pretty surprised if it didn't make it into the game because of this. In terms of want? It's a good song that I wouldn't mind getting in, but I feel like there are too many better choices from the Kirby franchise for me to truly want it.

"Moo Moo Meadows": 10% chance and 25% want
I'm not entirely certain that the Wii U version will get a Mario Kart stage, but it's got a pretty good shot at it. If the franchise doesn't get a stage, though, "Moo Moo Meadows" is dead in the water; even if it does get a stage, I'm not so certain "Moo Moo Meadows" would make the tracklist because of sheer competition. In terms of want, I'd be slightly disappointed if this song were chosen; I love it, but it just doesn't really seem to fit into a fighting game. Something like Dolphin Shoals or Electrodome would work a whole lot better, in my opinion.

The Wright Trophy
"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."

DAY OVER

MOO-VING ON TO THE NEXT DAY!

Groose

Smash Champion
"C-R-O-W-N-E-D"
68.41% chance
77.09% want

Slap a crown on this song and call it the king; it certainly proved to be a popular song inde-de-de-d! I hope for our sakes that we're not just being dee-lusional when it comes to its chances, or it will really be a let-down.

"Moo Moo Meadows"
15.30% chance
37.14% want

Unfortunately enough, this song got put out to pasture. Nobody really rallied behind it, and it isn't really expected to be in the game. I'd say "holy cow," but I'm not really surprised by this result. Oh, and I've already used too many bad puns this post. I don't want to exhaust my source material when we still have almost a month left to go.

We're not completely leaving the realm of music behind today. In Brawl, a stage's music was pretty much determined by what franchise the stage came from. For example, you'd hear almost only Zelda music on a Zelda-based stage. What are the odds that this changes? For example, how likely is it that we could see Mario music on a Kirby stage, or Fire Emblem music on a Zelda stage? Please rate "Stage Music Not Limited By Franchise" in chance and want. Oh, and rate a Dry Bowser Costume while you're at it. I don't think that needs any introduction, but use the picture in the OP as reference if necessary.

Tomorrow we'll be visiting the Wave Race franchise for the first time, and we'll also be talking about Eternal Darkness (I believe for the second time). Please predict how Akari Hayami and Interactive Eternal Darkness representation will do.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Music not limited By Franchise
Chance: 1%
Just seems so unlikely. One of the biggest parts of a game is it's music, especially in Nintendo games. It's never been in Smash, and I just doubt we'll see it. It's kinda hard to explain without being very opinionated, it just wouldn't fit, and I think the developers understand that.

If I pick a Mario stage, I want to listen to Mario music. It's up to the developers to pick music from a series that works on a stage. It just would feel really off battling in a Mario stage listening to Kirby music. Even if the music fits, it just wouldn't feel right. When you want to represent a game through a stage, I want the whole nine-yards. Music, stage, backround elements, hazards etc to be from the represented series. So long as we don't get any really unfitting music (like Green Greens in Halberd) then I think we'll be in fine shape
Dry Bowser Alternate Costume
Chance: 50%
Definitely the most likely Bowser Alt, but we still don't really know the extent of alternate costumes that we'll be getting. Dry Bowser is a very popular character, really one of the few "lazy" characters in the Mario universe to become popular. He's still relevant too, appearing recently in Super Mario 3D Land.

I've supported the idea of alts for a long time, and this one just seems like one of the most likely ideas. He was a cool character in Mario Kart, and I'd love to play as him in some capacity in Smash
Nominations
Balance Patches x3
Olimar Alternate Costumes (Louie, President, Alph, Charlie) x2

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Music Not Limited By Franchise:
Chances: 0%

-Dry Bowser Alternate Costume:
Chances: 70%
Want: 65%

-Nominations: Andy X5

D

Deleted member

This long title has been added to the Directory.

Stage Music Not Limited By Franchise
Chance:
0%

This isn't going to happen. I doubt that Sakurai will do something like this. In a way, it might ruin the uniqueness of a stage.
YES! YES!! YES!!!

One reason I love Project M is the usage of BRSTMs. These allow you to replace songs in the game with a different song. I had such a fun time listening to You Will Know Our Names on Battlefield and Magnus's Theme on Castle Siege for example. If this was implemented in Smash, I would love it! It isn't going to happen, but I wish it did so badly!

Dry Bowser Alt Costume
Chance:
50%

I can see this one go either way. It's a popularly requested alt. costume for Bowser and Dry Bowser is a major part of Bowser's character. Such a thing isn't impossible.
Bowser might not receive priority to get that Dry Bowser alt. In a way, Dry Bowser is still a separate character with a different voice believe it or not and is more prone to shooting blue flames instead of red. Heck, Sakurai didn't allow Dr. Mario be an alt. for Mario since he thought it would be weird for him to shoot out Fireballs instead of Megavitamins. Hmm...
I don't have anything to add on this one, really.
One of my most wanted Alt. Costumes for this game.

Akari Hayami Prediction: .35%
I'm not feeling this one.
Interactive Eternal Darkness Representation Prediction: 13.66%
Nor this one.

Nominations: HEROPON RUN FROM NOTHING! (Riki 5x)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Music not limited by franchise: Chance 100%/5% (Confused about what this actually is)

Already happened in both Melee and Brawl. Fire Emblem music in Melee with no stage, Golden Sun music in Brawl with no stage. Unless this is referring to something like Fire Emblem on Zelda stages, in which case, 5% chance.

Want: 100%/0%

Gets in more unrepresented franchises into Smash Bros in the form of music.

Dry Bowser Chance: 60%

Obvious alt costume is obvious. Which is why they may not do it :p

Want: 0% (NOW I got this on the right day)

Already have Dry Bowser in Project M. I'd prefer something else for this iteration of Smash.

Unfortunately, Nintendo has just confirmed that Rayman will not be playable in this game, so I have to disbar this nomination. Still, since I feel pretty bad that you worked him all the way to the top (we would have predicted him tomorrow), I'm giving you 20 bonus nominations to get you started on what you want to rate next. @ Smasher 101 Smasher 101 : Could you add this to the extra nominations post, please?
“In the recent interview in Canada about Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Rayman was mentioned, and this was referring to the previously announced Rayman trophy in the game.”

Meh, misleading article title, they didn't actually disconfirm him in the article, just justified why the guy said it. (Which feels fishy in my mind, seeing as he mentioned Rayman directly when talking about other playable characters) Still, based on previous experience with "disconfirmations" in this thread, it's probably not worth rerating him.

Nominations: x25 Third Party assist trophy (Next best thing for Rayman if he isn't playable XD )

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
-Music Not Limited By Franchise:
Abstain

We already had stages that did this in Brawl, and I imagine it will be the same here.

-Dry Bowser Alternate Costume:
Chances: 30%
Want: 50%
It would be neat, but I don't care that much.

-Nominations: Playable Inkling X5

Akari Hayami Prediction: 2.25%

Interactive Eternal Darkness Representation Prediction: 6.45%

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Music Not Limited By Franchise
Chance:95%
It happened in both Melee and Brawl, more likely than not, it's going to happen again.

Want:90%
It'd be nice to give franchises that don't have any stages some music.

Dry Bowser: (I swear, it feels like we just predicted him)
Chance:35%
It's possible, just hope he doesn't get the Lucina treatment. :troll:

Want:50%
I'm indifferent to it.

Akira Toriyama: .45%
I highly doubt a waverace character will be added. I even doubt an Assist Trophy

Eternal Darkness:5%
Basicly for the same reasons.

Nominate: Destiny (Fire Emblem Awakening) x5

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Music Not Limited By Franchise:
Chance - 100%
Last time I checked, this wasn't the case in Brawl, why would it not happen now?

Just re-read the description, and I can confirm I am dumb.
Chance - 5%
Because those specific instances have not happened before
Want - 100%
And why the hell not?

Dry Bowser Costume:
Chance - 60%
This iteration of Bowser is surprisingly popular, and to be honest the only reason why it might not happen is either being forgotten or technical difficulties. Or it might take a while with all of Bowser's animations and it'd be a unique model.
Want - 100%
I did nominate this for a reason, you know. This would be kind of awesome. I know Project M already did this but that shouldn't stop it from being a thing in Smash 4 especially since Project M is a mod anyway

Abstaining on predictions. I might just pop in tomorrow to abstain again on those and just fill in my predictions and nominate Metal Face Boss x5 again.
That being said, I nominate Metal Face x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Music not limited by franchise

Chance: 5% - After carefully re-reading the description, I have changed my thoughts. Probably not happening
Want: 30%

Dry Bowser

Chance: 55% - Can go either way but its possible.
Want: 60% - Spooky scary skeletons.

Nomination

Andy x5

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Going to do a quick rating for this one, as they are probably easy to judge by chances.

Music Not Limited by Franchise Chance: 99% Um? I think this has happened several times in Brawl, it should probably happen again.

Dry Bowser Alt. Costume Chance: 50% Could go either way, they both are Bowser, just in skeleton form.

Nominations:
x5 Mother 3 Content without Lucas

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Stage Music Uninhibited by Home Series
Chance: 0% - OK, Thanks Groose for clearing that up! I thought this meant how Brawl had songs from misc. games that didn't have stages to itself (X music on Lylat Cruise or Golden Sun and Marionation Gear on Norfair), but now I see it stands as songs being added to stages willy-nilly, regardless of if the game already has a stage. Well, in this matter, there would be a better chance of Ness or Jigglypuff being disconfirmed before this happens (which, Ness/Jiggz being cut already has a 0% chance anyway, IMO)
W: 5% - I'm with Pureownage on this one; If I want Mario music, I want it on a Mario stage, not on an EarthBound stage. Now, this is excluding songs from stage-orphaned series like Melee and Brawl have done, but to have music placed on a dissimilar stage when there already is a stage/stages to put it would be an awkward thing to do.

<For the record, misc. songs being placed on stages gets a 100% Chance from me. It's just i'm nixing games already with stages to have music placed on other games' stages>

Dry Bowser Costume for Bowser
Chance: 10% - Save for Lucina's fate as a Marth costume before being promoted into the roster, we've never seen any costumes of characters depict them as different characters, save for the characters with the near-mandatory gender swap costumes like Villager and Robin. In this case, I go with the Mario Kart stance on treating Bowser and Dry Bowser as separate characters. That said, i'm not rating with that in mind. I feel that they just won't pull for costumes that either need to happen (gender toggles) or already there for easy work (Mac's track suit). On that note, I realize that other than Lucina before turning into a clone, Wireframe Mac is the mutual exception to this "criteria"; In this case, I don't think Wireframe Mac is a costume, and in fact is a high-maintenance color shift in the vein of Blood Falcon or Skyward Sword Casuals Link.
Want: 0% - Ehhh, I was never a fan of Dry Bowser, and it would personally be kinda weird if Bowser got a costume instead of whichever characters go without.

Predictions
Akari Hayami (Wave Race) as a Playable Newcomer: 2% Chance, 19% Want
Interactable Representation from Eternal Darkness: 1% Chance, 5% Want (WHY?! WHY MUST I MAKE THIS ONE'S PREDICTIONS SO LOW?!? :cry:)

Nominations
More Mii Fighter Classes x1
Phoenix Wright Trophy x1
Andy Rerate x3

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Guys, what are you doing?
The music thing is not that.
Is this, Example:

Oh, I will put Mario Music in Pokemon Stadium, because potato.
In other words, 0% chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom