• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I don't mean this to be argumentative, but if you "don't care," wouldn't that mean the "Want" score is 50%? (IE Indifference)
0% would imply that you do care. In fact, you care a lot! :laugh:
That's just the suggested benchmarks. I also use the zero for I don't care. Not wanting a character in the game in mind is a negative percentage, which this game doesn't quantify. The term "want percentage" indicates to me that we are purely gaging want. Additionally, that aren't many characters that would get a negative from me. The only one I can think of is Cloud. But that's how I look at the came.

So this is how my scoring breaks down:
100% absolutely want them in the game
75% want them in the game, but there are some arguments against them
50% I kind of want them in the game, but not a whole lot of intensity
25% I don't really need them in the game, but there are some thing about them that might be interesting
0% Don't care if they are in the game/ Don't think they should be in the game

Purchasable DLC Characters: 10%
It doesnt seem like Sakurai or even Nintendo's style for that matter. Fire Emblem is often used as an example of Nintendo changing their ways, but that game also contained free DLC characters as well. I think rebalancing the game is another reason they wouldnt do it.
Want: 0%
I really don't like DLC in games. My response would be different if Lucina or Robin wasn't in the game of course.

Crash Bandicoot: 0%
Crash is a Sony guy. End of story.
See above.

TF Content: 75%
Considering TF's planned released date being around Sonic's, I think it's reasonable to get some TF representation.
Want: 100%
I love the DKC revival so the more of it the better.

noms:
Akari Hayami x 5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Takamaru is officially an Assist Trophy. Better luck next time, can't wait to finally play your NES game on VC. My condolences to his supporters.

Edit: Greninja'd

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Just when we were arguing we should rerate him because his chances had gone up.

Oh the irony...

Sorry Takamaru supporters

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Purchasable DLC Newcomers:
Chance: 45%
Want: 80%

I'd pay a couple of dollars for a character.

Crash:
Chance: 0.01%

I didn't grow up with a Playstation so I have no interest.

Tropical Freeze Representation:
Abstain
Nominations:
Mach Rider x5

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Purchaseable DLC newcomers
Chance - 10%
What with Sakurai talking about how stressful it is to add newcomers, I can't imagine him planning to add even more after the main game is released.

Want - 15%
Eh...on the one hand, getting characters I like as DLC is better than not at all, but I still think it's a very bad idea and would rather they just don't do it.

Crash Bandicoot
Chance/Want - 0%
Not happening, don't want it.

Abstaining from Tropical Freeze representation.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
DLC Newcomers:
Chance: 45% I won't write off the possibility they focus only on veterans, make it free, don't do character dlc, or only have character add-ons through amiibos

Want: 75%. Originally, I was planning to write an entire rant about how making newcomers dlc will spoil the fanbase and give a load of people false hope their newcomer can be dlc, especially if you give the treatment to someone who got deconfirmed via trophy or the like, and that Smash Bros last forever without any help from dlc.

...Then Chrom got deconfirmed.

So 75% just for him. I’m hoping they add more newcomers through an Arcade Edition update though, rather than one at a time.

Crash:
Double Zeroes. Dead Activision Icon who can't even be called a Sony Icon anymore. Didn't even want him in Battle Royale after what Activision did. His chances are pretty much non-existent since Sony couldn't even get him in their game from Activision, though I guess that could have been Super Bot's fault...regardless, its not happening.

Tropical Freeze Representation: I don't want to think about this, so abstain.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I....didn't expect such a huge disconfirmation like that all of the sudden. My condolences to Takamaru supporters.

Purchasable DLC - 80%

Nintendo's finally been experimenting a lot with DLC lately. I think they'll try and get some more profit out of it, Smash just seems almost perfect for DLC>

Want - 60%

Only because they could potentially add some characters that I would hate to see, but there are also a lot of characters I'd love to see that I have little faith in being playable at this point. So I guess I'm kind of conflicted.

Crash Bandicoot - 0%

Practically dead franchise that has much more history and a closer relationship to Sony than it does with Nintendo. In the already unlikely event that Crash would suddenly be resurrected by an appearance in a fighting game (or be resurrected at all anytime soon), it'd be Playstation Allstars, not Smash Bros.

Want - 0%

I like Crash, but I don't want him in a Smash Bros. game.

Tropical Freeze Representation - 0.1%

Honestly, this game seems to be a little TOO new to get any representation in Smash 4. Other than that, the presence of Kremlings and Tikis in Smash Run with the Snowmads nowhere to be seen is a pretty solid indication that DKC content will be focused on Returns and the original series.

Want - 50%

Would be neat to see some stuff from it, especially some of the music from it's soundtrack. but nonetheless I don't really care.

Brash the Friggin' Bear x5

Oh what the heck, I'll join the party too!

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Dlc
Chance:50%
Could happen, but maybe Sakurai wants to keep the newcomer for Smash 5.
Want:80%
I must see the price, but if it is a right price, I would love it!

Crash
Chance: 0%
He was Sony mascotte, no way he will be in the game.
Never liked his games, his look, his character...

TF Rappr.
Chance: 20%
Could be, but I'm not sure.
Want: 50%
Nevermind.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
DLC:
Chance: 25%
Yeah, Nintendo does this lately, but Sakurai?

Please let the man have some rest.

Crash Bandicoot
Chance: *insert picture of the Mega Man character Zero here*

Want: *Do the same here*

TF represesentation: Abstain
Absolutely waaay better than DKCR levels, from which Sakurai will pick the most basic jungle.

CHROMINATIONS:
Mega Mewtwo Y x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Purchasable DLC newcommers chances : 30 %
The problem is than a lot of potential newcommers would probably be already represented in Smash as Assist Trophies or just trophies, and I hardly imagine them joining the battle. Plus Smash Bros. 4 is a wide targeted game, aimed at every Nintendo fan, and I'm not sure than a game with such a wide target audience is welcoming for paid DLC. But maybe I'll be proven wrong and DLC purchasable newcommers will be a thing, and if it's the case I think than it will focus more on post-SSB4 characters.

Purchasable DLC newommers want : 60 %
As long as they're not too expensive and come with 2-3 months between each paid newcommer to renew the game experience, I'm fine with it. Personally I don't mind much paying for additional content if I think it's worth it.

Crash Bandicoot: double 0 %
No new guest please, and I hardly think than Sakurai woul care about him.

Tropical Freeze representation chances: 90 %
According to other posters TF was planned to be released late 2013 instead of early 2014, meaning than the game being too recent isn't really an argument against this.

Tropical Freeze representation want: abstain
I don't care about this game and I didn't played it.

Nominating:
> Concept: franchise other than Fire Emblem with exactly 4 playable reps x5

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Purchasable DLC Newcomers
Chance: 60%
Not quite as confident as I was prior to Gematsu breaking down, but since Smash Bros. seems to be getting pushed as the cash cow this time(Amiibos introduced with them rather than MK8 for example), Nintendo have been experimenting with DLC and that the Amiibos could yet still have said DLC character data on them(like Skylanders and Disney Infinity) I'm leaning more towards it than not for chances.

I honestly wish the roster had been decided this year instead. We've had Tropical Freeze's release which may have been released too late to affect this game, Hyrule Warriors is coming out and looks great, Captain Toad's levels in 3D World proving popular enough to warrant a whole game on them(yes you knew that was coming), Yoshi's Wooly World showcasing some stage aesthetic I could get behind and the announcement of intriguing new IP; Splatoon.

The only plus if these games don't get included in some way via DLC is they'll most likely affect the next game...in seven years time.

Urgh.

Crash Bandicoot
Could not even get into Playstation All Stars, despite being largely one of Sony's biggest All Stars in years gone by. Fire the guy in charge of the Playstation All Stars Roster. No Spyro either. What the hell?

Whilst I do like Crash Bandicoot...he belongs on the Playstation first.

Tropical Freeze
Chance: 50%

Depends when stages are decided upon in the development time. If Dixie counts as TF rep boost this an additional 15%

Love the game; it's great. One of the best Wii U titles out at the moment and I really would like it to get some love in Smash 4.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sorry, Takamaru fans, but this is the outcome I expected. Even if we had done a rerate, I wouldn't have changed my score at all. The game only just now is getting localized, two years too late. We have no idea the circumstances from when it started development, so once again, the roster was likely finalized before this was even planned.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Tropical Freeze Representation 99.99% Chance
50% Want
Crash 0% Chance
100% Want
Purchasable DLC Newcomer 60% Chance
90% Want (don't be too pricey)

Nominating Lucas (The Wizard) x5

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Tropical Freeze Representation:
Chance: 95%. If a stage, trophy, music, or the inclusion of Dixie Kong counts as representation of this game, then I think at least one of those things is all but guaranteed.

Want: 80%. No personal attachment to the game, but it does look fun.

Crash Bandicoot:

Chance: 0.000001%. He gets that much because I don't know. But seriously, what reason does a Sony mascot created at the peak of a rivalry between still rival companies, who has been ll but forgotten by Sony themselves? If we get another rival company's character's, Banjo-Kazooie makes a hell of a lot more sense.
Want: 3%. Only because he might actually be fun. Still, he's among my least favorite Sony characters, along with Kratos.

Purchasable DLC Newcomers:

Chance: 80%. Pretty much every fighting game has DLC characters now, especially crossovers like Injustice, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (it's new characters in UMvC3 were were initially planned as DLC), Street Fighter X Tekken...it seems like a huge missed opportunity for Nintendo to not include DLC characters, as there are a lot of unique and popular characters that could be added later in development. Also, Smash Bros. Wii U is likely going to be played for years to come, and releasing new content for the game over that span of time would be ideal. Look at Melee and Brawl; there are people who still play both, particularly Melee, a 13 year old game. There's no reason why DLC characters shouldn't be included considering how successful it would be. They could even be integrated with Amiibos; DLC characters could be sold at retail in the form of Amiibo figurines.
That all being said, I don't see it too likely DLC content will alter the game's existing content too much, particularly Assist Trophies, so that may hinder a lot of possibilities of new characters. Plus, it's Sakurai's game, and he doesn't seem to like the idea.

Want: 50%. Honestly, it's entirely dependent on the character choices. I don't think the characters themselves will be too pricey; and I believe if there's Amiibo+DLC Code deals that are made, they will be fairly priced as well. After all, Nintendo is not known for having extremely overpriced products to my knowledge.
--- Nominating...

Concept: Non-Fire Emblem series with exactly four playable characters x5 (Thanks, @ ShinyRegice ShinyRegice )

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Didn't expect him to get deconfirmed this soon...

(I wouldn't have changed my score if we had rerated him, though)

Purchasable DLC Newcomers: 50% - This could go either way.
Want: 50% - Indifferent.

Tropical Freeze: 60% - I could see it.
Want: 70% - Sure, it's a good game.

Crash Bandicoot's chances: 0% - It's not happening.
Want: 50% - He belongs on a Sony game, but I do like the character.

Paper Mario prediction: 10.27%
Birdo prediction: 0.67%

Brain Age Stage x5

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Crash Bandicoot
We really shouldn't be accepting nominations that are obvious to get ridiculously low scores.

Tropical Freeze Representation
Chance: 90%
Torn on this. I think we'll definitely get SOMETHING. But my want depends on the extent. If it's just a stage, I'm all for it. There could be some interesting stages, and they'd have really good music. But of course I don't want a character like Dixie, due to to a certain Kremling King. I don't know, I don't think the fact that it's recent is an issue, but representation is very subjective. It could mean just a trophy, or it could mean a stage, music, a character etc. I love the game, and am all for representation from it, but only if it doesn't impede the entry of K. Rool

DLC Newcomers
Want: 20%
Not really something that I'm looking forward to. I'm already going to drop ALOT of money on this game, with the actual game, gamecube adapters, and amiibo. Not to mention I'm not sure if they'd support cross buy DLC. Another thing that makes me cautious, is how they'd be implemented in the future. If they make the roster huge with DLC, there will be even less characters to add in the next game. We are already gunna get a roster of around 50 or so characters, I'll be happy with that.

Nominations
Olimar Alternate Costumes (Louie, President, Alph, Brittany, Charlie) x3
Balance Patches x2

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Newcomer DLC (Buy)
Chance: 65% Want: 80%
Simply put, I can see this happening. If a character was made, but never finished for reasons or maybe Sakurai feels he missed out on some one, this would get them in, and I wont pass up something like that. Its just Sakurai might just not though.

Bandicoot: Both 1%
Do I even need to say it?

Tropical freeze rep
Chance: 45% Want: 40%
I'd more like the king for this one, but I can see it. I leave a margin for another character though.

D

Deleted member

I had the exact same thoughts that you guys did; it was odd that we just rated Takamaru only for him to get disconfirmed.
RIP Takamaru.

Chance:
50%

I can see this go either way. It's hard to predict DLC when it hasn't been planned yet.
I would buy some more characters.

Crash Bandicoot
Chance AND Want:
0%

Crash Bandicoot has more of a relationship with Sony than Nintendo. If one character from the PS1 era came to mind, it would probably be Crash Bandicoot. Though, that time has passed him and he's pretty much dead.
As for want, I never played a Crash Bandicoot game, so I have no connection with him.

Chance:
10%

I doubt that this will happen. This game is a bit too recent to add any content to and, looking at some of the DKC content we have thus far, a lot of it comes from Returns.
I love Tropical Freeze and I wouldn't mind representation.

Paper Mario Prediction: 2.48%
He'll fall flat... again.
Birdo Prediction: .98%
Not happening.

Extra nominations!
I've come to the realization that I don't have a lot of time left...
So, I'm going against what I did yesterday to nominate a character.
Originally... my gaze was won over by a certain lady... but now, I've decided to change my nominations! ...Again. So, let's bring in...
Nominations: Heropon Riki (Xenoblade) 10x

Last edited by a moderator:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Chance- 60%
I see this happening.
Want- 70%
I see me liking this. Relax, Nintendo has always done a good job when it comes to DLC. I do want to see what it looks like, though.

Crash
Chance- 0%
No need to explain.
Want- 0%
Crash for PSASBR!

Chance- 80%
Even if it isn't a stage, I think we will see something. The game was originally supposed to come out less than a couple months after X and Y, right? And I think they've gotten a pretty hearty share of representation.
Want- 100%
Why not?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Chance: 75% I can see this happening. DLC characters are something most fighting games have done in the digital age. New characters also get the fans hyped even after years after release and the initial interest period thereafter. I'm not completely banking on this because I the amiibo push seems to just be working hand-in-hand with in-game customization features (although they already have incentive to make more revenue with new figures) and Nintendo is strangely lenient with DLC for major titles.

I guess you could also say how Sakurai could throw in characters his team didn't complete upon release. But with his roster decisions, it seems that he'll just shrug off those who didn't go too far and save them for the next game. You want future rosters to be pretty substantial, right?

Want: 25% I'm gonna be blunt here; Please. ****ing. Don't. With me, something feels very off when it comes to having fully-fleshed out characters being optional add-on content. Something about the character being optional to purchase means you could exclude them from being in the game. Even if it's a real cringeworthy character, you cannot deny that they exist and are readily available. Then comes forum discussions, seeing them online, etc. I like having my roster available through the full-game. Not having to spend money just to round it off.

If there's any DLC I hope for, something akin to an expansion pack, new modes, even alt costume sets are all great. The latter two can especially enhance a game's lifespan if done right.

Crash Bandicoot
DUB ZERO'D

Ah, Crash Bandicoot. My first video game. I remember him way back from the PS1. Safe to say he was a brief substitute for Mario to me. Other than that, I sparsely played a couple of his later games, but never really got into them.

I just don't think he's likely because he seems more important to Sony at this point. He's definitely possible, but not likely.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Representation

Chance: 97% Smash 4 was well into development when Tropical Freeze was announced. But then again, Greninja was decided years before Pokémon X & Y were things to us and we got a Sonic Lost World stage despite it's relatively recent release. Sakurai clearly has industry insider nepotism on his side. Whether it's a stage, trophy, special move, track, Smash Run enemy, item, etc., I'm sure we'll see a couple nods to that game. Personally, I'm hoping for a DKC Returns 3D stage on 3DS and a Tropical Freeze stage on Wii U (Wonder what you're gonna do about that, inevitable Ice Climber stage.)
Want: 100% What is there not to like? I hear Tropical Freeze is an amazing platformer (which I still need to get my hands on) and representation would just give the DK series more prominence in this game!

NOMINATIONS

CPU Uses Alt Costumes x8
Interactive Eternal Darkness Representation x2

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Purchasable DLC Newcomers: 60%
I quite expect it. Smash is one of the best games to capitalise on DLC, considering how much pomp and show each newcomer is shown off with.

"The more the merrier" argument aside, I don't mind paying some money if I can get my wanted characters that way.

Crash Bandicoot: 0%
He's a Sony icon, and unlike Snake he has no relation to Nintendo whatsoever (at least to my knowledge.)

I have played his games, and probably won't be upset at his inclusion. And I have a friend who loves Crash. We still play Crash's Racing games on occasion.

Tropical Freeze Representation: 100%
I give this such a high chance because I think a few trophies from that game are really inevitable.

No reason to not want it. Tropical Freeze is awesome.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace

And this is why I didn't edited my chance score for Takamaru, a game doesn't traslate exactly as Smash hinted but, I have to recognoize people had motives to believe that. I give him 10% sorry to all the supporters who considered him almost a shoe in.

But on the bright site he NOW stands a REAL chance for Smash 6 and Takamaru depicted with dark blue hair, I think it is safe to asume blue is his hair color and not the early black.

Now on to the Aurum Brain!

DLC
Chance: 65% I am thinking about stages and the like, but find characters less likely because, devs, have been balancing the charaters and testing them, if we are to get dlc characters, one after another, that means testing and balancing are not going to be that good, unless we expect a bunch of clones or dlc every 4 or 5 months. I don't know

Want: 65% as long as these are REAL dlc and not that pay to unlock some companies like to do

Tropical Freeze:
Chance: 75% DK and Diddy appears in the game oh if they aren't considered, the game was released sometime ago so trophies are a good thing.
Want: 50% Totally indifferent

Crash
Chance: 0% Simply no
Want: 0% Noooo stay were you are in the forgotten Sony section

Predictions
Paper Mario. 16.36%
Birdo: 2.34%

Nominations
Amazon Pandora x 5

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Hey everybody, Captain Groose has selected me as temporary Results Guardian, so within the next 24 hours you can expect the contents of that tab to reflect all changes within the past month. It may appear to be temporarily under construction if you view it now, as the numbering is currently a little off. Once I have updated all results, I'll go back and renumber the list.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Tropical Freeze Representation 60% Chance
60% Want

While I do love the newer Donkey Kong games I'd like it more if they took a character from the older country series.

Crash 0% Chance
30% Want

I don't care much for him but it'd be nice if he got in.

Purchasable DLC Newcomer 70% Chance
100% Want

I'd say it's pretty likely and please sakurai... give Rayman a chance. </3

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Purchasable DLC Newcomers - 50%
For a game as big as Super Smash Bros. with a huge variety of characters that fans want to play as, having DLC newcomers seems like a no-brainer. Players get even more characters, Nintendo gets to extend the lifetime (and profit) of their game, an easy win-win for both sides. The only reason this isn't higher is that Nintendo is still quite new to the whole DLC thing. My gut says this will happen, but things like purchasable Fire Emblem chapters or Mario Golf courses don't necessarily translate to getting unique Smash characters, so I guess we'll see what happens.
Want - 100% - Some people don't like DLC. I'm not one of those people. The more characters the better, and I'll happily pay for them if it means Smash continuing to grow long past the initial release.

Crash Bandicoot - 0%
Pretty cut and dry: Crash is a long-dead Playstation character who didn't even make it into Playstation All-Stars and that, while notable in his heyday, still isn't the same caliber as Sonic, Pac-Man, or arguably even Mega Man. Simply can't see it happening.
Want - 0% - Would be an unfortunate choice for a third-party.

Tropical Freeze Representation - 95%
Tropical Freeze is a major release from a major Nintendo franchise with multiple playable characters in Smash. Frankly, it would be extremely surprising if the game didn't at least get a nod via a trophy, never mind a stage, assist trophy, Smash Run enemy, or Dixie as a playable character.
Want - 50% - I'd be happy to see Dixie playable, but I'm not really worried about anything else Tropical Freeze, so my want is left fairly neutral.

Also, I haven't nominated in quite a while, but I'll start up again for this guy:

Brash the Friggin' Bear x5

Last edited:

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
DLC:
Chance: 70%
Want: 100% - As long as is not included in base game like EA loves to do.

Crash:
Chance: 1%
Want: 10%

TF Rep:
Chance: 100% - If trophies count, then I'm sure we're getting. If it's like playable character/stage, I would change it to 60%
Want: Abstain - Don't really care

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Takamaru depicted with dark blue hair, I think it is safe to asume blue is his hair color and not the early black.
The Smash design is obviously not fully faithful to the original design.

SSB4's Takamaru has blue hair, gray sleeves, has white skin, and is using a ninjato. The original design has black hair, blue sleeves, an asian complection (This restoration is slightly inaccurate. His skin's a bit darker in the actual art.), and an actual katana.

I'm not happy with this, if you can't already tell. If they're going to make him an assist, they should at least be faithful to his original design.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
The Smash design is obviously not fully faithful to the original design.

SSB4's Takamaru has blue hair, gray sleeves, has white skin, and is using a ninjato. The original design has black hair, blue sleeves, an asian complection (This restoration is slightly inaccurate. His skin's a bit darker in the actual art.), and an actual katana.

I'm not happy with this, if you can't already tell. If they're going to make him an assist, they should at least be faithful to his original design.
Well for his cameos in recent games insisting in giving him blue hair for me it was kind of obvious, the design changed, these things are to be expected, almost every character have had redesings even Mario or Kirby have had minor, the only argument in favor for black hair Takamaru was the canon artwork.

But otherwise Takamaru has been portrayed with blue hair and most likely it was because his game sprite has it, leading to redesign him in future appearance so people will recognoize him easier.

It's like Pikachu isn't chubby like originally or Kirby isn't white and now have bigger eyes or Pit and Palutena using their design from Brawl and not the original, or the tons of designs Link and Zelda have had.

Nintendo changed the canon at some point but since Takamaru doesn´t have a new game, this was only reflected in cameos

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well for his cameos in recent games insisting in giving him blue hair for me it was kind of obvious, the design changed, these things are to be expected, almost every character have had redesings even Mario or Kirby have had minor, the only argument in favor for black hair Takamaru was the canon artwork.

But otherwise Takamaru has been portrayed with blue hair and most likely it was because his game sprite has it, leading to redesign him in future appearance so people will recognoize him easier.

It's like Pikachu isn't chubby like originally or Kirby isn't white and now have bigger eyes or Pit and Palutena using their design from Brawl and not the original, or the tons of designs Link and Zelda have had.

Nintendo changed the canon at some point but since Takamaru doesn´t have a new game, this was only reflected in cameos
Actually, I think it was probably a design choice. Blue hair just makes him more distinct.

The only officially canon design is the original one. All others are from spin-offs. Yes, including this one. That's not to say he won't have blue hair if/when a new game comes out for him, but it's not officially canon.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Ok, I can definitely understand double zeroes but we're only giving 2 ratings for each thing, chance and want. I don't see how 1 category can get 4 0s.
Oh sorry, dub zero's would have been more appropriate. Going to edit that now.

I've been seeing that dub/quad zero's basically give a quicker chance at getting noms. I could turn out to be completely wrong for this round though.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Actually, I think it was probably a design choice. Blue hair just makes him more distinct.

The only officially canon design is the original one. All others are from spin-offs. Yes, including this one. That's not to say he won't have blue hair if/when a new game comes out for him, but it's not officially canon.
That is what I said about him being easier to recognoize.

I understand the only official artwork has black air because is the only (to my knowlegde) game that have him in the protagonic role.

The others might be spin offs but giving him blue hair was Nintendo's choice, they changed the canon black hair with blue hair, since this is how he has been portrayed recently in other Nintendo games, Smash only reinforce this idea.

Most likely if a new game someday comes, Takamaru will have blue hair basically he has blue hair in every appearance baring the artwork, something similar to Venomoth's first gen artwork it has spots on the back of it's wings, yet this design were never present in the game in any gen

Edit: I saw the gameplay and Takamaru is definitelly long ranged, but with his blue hair supporters will have to deal with "another blue haired swordman" from detractors, I personally don't believe in such argument, but still I can see that happening coming from uninformed people

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Takamaru... I was so sure... How...
Edit: just realized he's next to Link. See? Sakurai gets it.
Edit2: Oh and thanks for making me expect a bunch of retro charavters, Sakurai. I'm so satisfied with the half of one we have. Thanks.
Hey everybody, Captain Groose has selected me as temporary Results Guardian, so within the next 24 hours you can expect the contents of that tab to reflect all changes within the past month. It may appear to be temporarily under construction if you view it now, as the numbering is currently a little off. Once I have updated all results, I'll go back and renumber the list.
Huh? I already did the past month. The only thing left that needs to be done is the past 3 or 4 days and adding in some colors.
Didn't you see my post on the thread and the message?
Edit: rating time

$$$ DLC newcomers:
Chance: 30%
I don't think it's happening but it's far from impossible. I would have given this a 50% if purchasable wasn't part of it.
Y'know what? I'd buy it. I know it wouldn't be content purposely held from the game. Just extra stuff, which is awesome.

Crash:
He's ready to join Lupus and Shepard at the bottom.
Want: 1%
Might be cool. But I don't care about him much.

TF rep:
Yea, Less than Dixie. I think she can get in without any physical content from this game as long as just her role gets considered. Plus, brawl was before TF and she was planned for it.
I'm split on this game getting content. Not much more to say.

Want: 99%
But I'm not split on how much I want it. I hope we do get this.

x3 Daisy
x3 Cia
x1 Lana
(15 left)

Paper Mario: 7%
Birdo: 2.5%

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Takamaru... I was so sure... How...
Edit: just realized he's next to Link. See? Sakurai gets it.
Edit2: Oh and thanks for making me expect a bunch of retro charavters, Sakurai. I'm so satisfied with the half of one we have. Thanks.

Huh? I already did the past month. The only thing left that needs to be done is the past 3 or 4 days and adding in some colors.
Didn't you see my post on the thread and the message?
Edit: rating time

$$$ DLC newcomers:
Chance: 30%
I don't think it's happening but it's far from impossible. I would have given this a 50% if purchasable wasn't part of it.
Y'know what? I'd buy it. I know it wouldn't be content purposely held from the game. Just extra stuff, which is awesome.

Crash:
He's ready to join Lupus and Shepard at the bottom.
Want: 1%
Might be cool. But I don't care about him much.

TF rep:
Yea, Less than Dixie. I think she can get in without any physical content from this game as long as just her role gets considered. Plus, brawl was before TF and she was planned for it.
I'm split on this game getting content. Not much more to say.

Want: 99%
But I'm not split on how much I want it. I hope we do get this.

x3 Daisy
x3 Cia
x1 Lana
(15 left)

Paper Mario: 7%
Birdo: 2.5%
The difference between Brawl and now is that around the time of Brawl, Dixie and K. Rool and everyone were appearing in games left and right. Spinoffs, yes, but they were still appearing frequently. People think that TF helps Dixie because she hadn't appeared in 6 years since then (not that I personally think it matters, but whatever).

andimidna

Smash Master
The difference between Brawl and now is that around the time of Brawl, Dixie and K. Rool and everyone were appearing in games left and right. Spinoffs, yes, but they were still appearing frequently. People think that TF helps Dixie because she hadn't appeared in 6 years since then (not that I personally think it matters, but whatever).
I know. I wasn't trying to disagree with any of this. I just disagree with people that say what helps her chances most is relevance.
But that was more of a side-part of my post. Back to rating... And mourning over Takamaru...

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Purchasable DLC characters

Chance - 65%
Want - 100% - As long as these are a mixture of characters which did not make the final roster and characters from newer franchises eg Splatoon, Codename: STEAM etc, then I'm fine with this.

I can't rate Crash Bandicoot or a Tropical Freeze Stage as I have not played either game.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Purchasable DLC Newcomers:
Chances: 40%

-Crash:
Chances: 0%

-Tropical Freeze Representation:
Chances: 50%
Want: 58%

Status