• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smady

Smash Master

The speculation lives on!

Looks as though the pair-up is a final smash with Chrom. Lucina is a clone. Robin has a magic/sword moveset that uses lightning/fire/wind/dark magic. I predicted this pretty wrong myself, but I'm very happy in how it all turned out.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace

Lucina not shown...

It's odd to say this given how I previously gave it such a low chance, but I'm on team Alt Costume!

And Sakurai's right!! When are you getting a new game?!

*hopes this is a hint that one's in development*
Except for the fact SHE has HER OWN PAGE on the website
Her own WARNING CHALLENGER APROACHING BANNER
Her own introduction
Really I don't get this alt business some people are claiming, team alt costume don't know what they are talking about, where is FEMALE Villager page, where is Frame Mac page?

Clone isn't the same as costume

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guess what? No satisfaction today. We're going to have to chill first! Because of the unexpected announcement and the crippling blow to Gematsu, we're having a cool down day. See you bright and early tomorrow morning for Lucina and Robin satisfaction!

...mixed thoughts myself. Robin is cool, but Lucina is a bit... ugh.

On the subject of the Gematsu leak, I do think it does have some truth to it. For example, Chrom may have been deconfirmed, but he's still in the game as Robin's Final Smash partner.

Thanks to a certain Smash Run enemy, I can't help but think that Rhythm Heaven will get some representation in the form of a playable character whether it's the Chorus Men or not.

Lucina has got to have some stuff to differentiate her from Marth, right?
Judging by her animations shown in the second half of the reveal trailer (particularly at 2:01), she is clearly an alternate skin for Marth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burigu

Smash Ace
On the subject of the Gematsu leak, I do think it does have some truth to it. For example, Chrom may have been deconfirmed, but he's still in the game as Robin's Final Smash partner.

Thanks to a certain Smash Run enemy, I can't help but think that Rhythm Heaven will get some representation in the form of a playable character whether it's the Chorus Men or not.

Judging by her animations shown in the reveal trailer (particularly at 2:01), she is clearly an alternate skin for Marth.

A clone isn't the same as an alt, really since when alt get their own introduction, her own model artwork and page, people need to learn the difference between a costume and a clone

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Sorry but what stage is this? It looks like Pilotwings except for the starfox ship in the back.
That's Falcon's entry pose at the start of a match. Fox or Falco is in the Arwing, and that is Pilotwings. :)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Re-rates are going to be very interesting now, especially Chorus Men. A Rhythm Heaven character is still possible, but I don't think the Sneaky Spirit is guaranteeing anything.

I have a feeling particularly K. Rool and Ridley are going to jump up a ton given the lack of a villain and a heavy weight newcomer. Dixie is probably going to see a rise too with the confirmation of clone newcomers.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
You know what, I'm going to revise my most hype and most deflating moments.
Most hype: That trailer just then, for confirming 2 of my most wanted character, the amazing Captain Falcon and deconfirming the Gematsu leak all in one!
Most deflating: None.
The above moment removed all doubts about the game. It's going to be great.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I just have to say I have got my number 1 Palutena and my number 2 Lucina can lot of people really say that?
Since my number 1(sorta; Captain Toad not currently deconfirmed, but unlikely) and 2(Meowth) as well as 3(Samurai Goroh) are all deconfirmed, I certainly can't.

Still, that was incredible. We got an interesting FE rep who shows it's not all Male Blue Sword Lords in Fire Emblem. Sometimes it's white haired magic weilders with swords.

Also we got Lucina who seems an odd choice, but I'm weirdly not as against it as I first thought I'd be when Robin was confirmed. Huh...guess I don't mind characters if others from that series I think have stronger resumes get in.

I didn't think anything would top Rayman this morning, but Robin's actually someone I badly wanted.

D

Deleted member

A clone isn't the same as an alt, really since when alt get their own introduction, her own model artwork and page, people need to learn the difference between a costume and a clone
The difference between Marth/Lucina and the other gender-swap characters (Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Robin, Mii) is that the latter are customizable avatars in their source material. Marth and Lucina are two separate characters (hence why Lucina has her introduction and her own page) with different models (just like the male and female Wii Fit Trainers) and the exact same moveset and animations. In Melee, did Roy have all of Marth's animations despite being a clone of him? No. Does Toon Link have Twilight Princess Link's animations? No. Lucina is nothing more than a glorified alt with her own voice actor. Maybe that's why she was revealed alongside Robin.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
It's crazy how everything can change in just 1 day.
Anything can change (ironically, a Chrom quote xD)

really, teatime? ... @_@

I, for one, can't feel happier
@ Burigu Burigu My top was palutena, second was little mac, fifth was robin, seventh was a pokemon newcomer, tenth was pac-man. Sure, we're still missing Shulk, K. Rool, Ridley and Rhythm Heaven rep, but I'd say I'm doing pretty freaking well =P

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
The difference between Marth/Lucina and the other gender-swap characters (Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Robin, Mii) is that the latter are customizable avatars in their source material. Marth and Lucina are two separate characters (hence why Lucina has her introduction and her own page) with different models (just like the male and female Wii Fit Trainers) and the exact same moveset and animations. In Melee, did Roy have all of Marth's animations despite being a clone of him? No. Does Toon Link have Twilight Princess Link's animations? No. Lucina is nothing more than a glorified alt with her own voice actor. Maybe that's why she was revealed alongside Robin.
No you are wrong, sorry but alt costumes don't have their own page, their own banner, their own intro, I simply dislike when people show up "evidence" regarding in their believes based on absolutely nothing shown in the past.
The "well Lucina gets her own page because she is a different character alt for Marth" makes no sense, that is only and argument made up to look like you are right, when in the past no alt costumes get them. Male and Female WFT and Villager are tecnically different characters, so putting them in a different parameter to make this argument more valid makes no sense.

Every character in the game has it own:
  • PICTURES
  • NOTICES THAT IS PLAYABLE
  • OWN VIDEO IN CASE OF NEWCOMER
  • OWN INTRO SECUENCE

So why break that with Lucina? the evidence for her being playable is there if a NEWCOMER BANNER IN THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE DON'T CONVINCE PEOPLE, they really don't know what they are talking about,

An ALT COSTUME WITH ITS OWN PAGE HAS NO PRECEDENT BEFORE so until that actually happens this theory lacks any credibility but only to proof she isn't a skin

Not the same jump animation Marth's sword is pointing forward and Lucina's backward.

It is all the same like when Dark Pit was shown. OMG Dark Pit is hinted! people always want to believe the opposite of what they get.
In this case they see Lucina with her own NEWCOMER page on the site and say "OMG SHE OBVIOUSLY IS AN ALT COSTUME".

Clones isn't the same as costumes

Last edited:

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so fortunately for everyone, Smashboards refused to load for me for three hours or so after the leak, because I don't know if I could have been held entirely responsible for my posts. (I'm only just semi coherent now, kind of. Apologies in advance.)

This Reveal...Where to even start...

IT. HAPPENED.

IT. ACTUALLY. HAPPENED!

I can finally tick someone off from my want list, and they were even in my top three most wanted. With the added bonus of looking even better than I ever thought they would!

All I can say is that It's been a great day. Rayman trophy, followed by Robin... not much will be able to top this reveal for me.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Since my number 1(sorta; Captain Toad not currently deconfirmed, but unlikely) and 2(Meowth) as well as 3(Samurai Goroh) are all deconfirmed, I certainly can't.

Still, that was incredible. We got an interesting FE rep who shows it's not all Male Blue Sword Lords in Fire Emblem. Sometimes it's white haired magic weilders with swords.

Also we got Lucina who seems an odd choice, but I'm weirdly not as against it as I first thought I'd be when Robin was confirmed. Huh...guess I don't mind characters if others from that series I think have stronger resumes get in.

I didn't think anything would top Rayman this morning, but Robin's actually someone I badly wanted.
I guess I am just lucky but yeah I haven't felt the dissapoint of a character deconfirmation yet.

Anything can change (ironically, a Chrom quote xD)

really, teatime? ... @_@

I, for one, can't feel happier
@ Burigu Burigu My top was palutena, second was little mac, fifth was robin, seventh was a pokemon newcomer, tenth was pac-man. Sure, we're still missing Shulk, K. Rool, Ridley and Rhythm Heaven rep, but I'd say I'm doing pretty freaking well =P
Actually I just notice that every game on my 3ds library have got a character
Kid Icarus Uprising: Palutena
Fire Emblem Awakening: Robin and Lucina
Animal Crossing New Leaf: Villager
Pokemon X: Greninja

I certainly know how to pick games :colorful:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No you are wrong, sorry but alt costumes don't have their own page, their own banner, their own intro, I simply dislike when people show up "evidence" regarding in their believes based on absolutely nothing shown in the past.
The "well Lucina gets her own page because she is a different character alt for Marth" makes no sense, that is only and argument made up to look like you are right, when in the past no alt costumes get them. Male and Female WFT and Villager are tecnically different characters, so putting them in a different parameter to make this argument more valid makes no sense.

Every character in the game has it own:
  • PICTURES
  • NOTICES THAT IS PLAYABLE
  • OWN VIDEO IN CASE OF NEWCOMER
  • OWN INTRO SECUENCE

So why break that with Lucina? the evidence for her being playable is there if a NEWCOMER BANNER IN THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE DON'T CONVINCE PEOPLE, they really don't know what they are talking about,

An ALT COSTUME WITH ITS OWN PAGE HAS NO PRECEDENT BEFORE so until that actually happens this theory lacks any credibility but only to proof she isn't a skin

Not the same jump animation Marth's sword is pointing forward and Lucina's backward.

It is all the same like when Dark Pit was shown. OMG Dark Pit is hinted! people always want to believe the opposite of what they get.
In this case they see Lucina with her own NEWCOMER page on the site and say "OMG SHE OBVIOUSLY IS AN ALT COSTUME".

Clones isn't the same as costumes
As someone who mains Marth in Melee and Project M (plus he is one of my secondaries in Brawl), I know for a fact that Lucina is at the first stage of her jumping animation while Marth is about to land. You can disagree with me all you want, but I've made my point and I'm sticking to it.

Burigu

Smash Ace
As someone who mains Marth in Melee and Project M (plus he is one of my secondaries in Brawl), I know for a fact that Lucina is at the first stage of her jumping animation while Marth is about to land. You can disagree with me all you want, but I've made my point and I'm sticking to it.
So let's throw all of the actual evidence that she is her own character out of the window then and stick with a theory that until proven true has Zero evidence? good luck.

A guess newcomer's banner in the CHARACTERS page isn't good enough for some people

Edit: I don't want to antagonize you or anything but I stick to actual evidence and not theories, because that theory has zero evidence in its favor, only your own personal view of the situation, opinions aren't facts.

But Lucina's page and newcomer next to her name is a FACT

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
...but, she has her own page. If Sakurai just wanted to show her off as an alt, he would have done so in a pic or wouldn't have given her those announcements.

I say wait until we get news on Lucina info, then we can judge.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Oh boy we have so many rerates to do... So many...
Some that I think we need to do are:

Anything related to Gematsu. That being Shulk, Chorus Kids (Well, Rhythm Heaven in general) and Lucas.
Snake/Rayman/Ubisoft rep/whatever in gods name that trophy means
Anything pertaining to a bigger roster just got a boost.
Dark Pit just got a whole lot more likely.
Any character that people were saying Gematsu lowered their chances (TOLD YA! :D )

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
What I assume we'll be rating over the next few days:
276: Satisfaction
277: Shulk and Chorus Men Rerate
Rerate the following:
-Dark Pit
-Lucas
-Snake
-Zelda Newcomer
-DK Newcomer (Dixie & K Rool)

Just a few ideas, but we need to rerate Shulk and Chorus Men (at least the latter, I don't expect Shulk to change much at all)

Burigu

Smash Ace
So much Lucina debate...
I'm sorry, but "Lucina is an alternate costume" actually sounds like a perfect thing to rate :troll:
No it isn't, I know you are only joking, and the next don't apply to you but it drives me crazy when people can't acept the obvious,
  • She has her own fighting intro,
  • Her own page,
  • Her own model art,
  • Her own Warning challenger approaching banner
  • Next to her name the newcomer word is written.

This yet again is why I dislike people overanalizing things
"So I see Lucina has her own page she must be an alt" that is nonsense

Then some responds
"Alt costumes don't get pages"

And the logical answer
"Yeah but Lucina is different because she isn't Marth, and no Villager and Male WFT obviously don't count because they are the same" despite having different voices and gender. Talk about contradictions here. So Lucina is in the page because she is a different gender and person but Villager and WFT are casually the same, avatars or not they aren't the same. So where are their pages?

So what does this argument has of veracity or actual proof?
The answer is ZERO all is especulation UNTIL an actual ALT makes an appearance in the characters page, this thing has no proof and not actual argument to sustain itself

Don't overanalize people, there is not always something hidden or hinted, do yourselves a favor and believe what the official site clearly says until proven untrue. If Lucina is PROVEN an alt then THAT SETS THE PRECEDENT there is no reason to believe otherwise until that actually happens.

Edit: CLEARLY ALT COSTUME

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Lucina is a different person, but Fem Villager is still Villager and Wireframe Mac is still Mac and He Fit Trainer is still Wii Fit Trainer.

Lucina is not Marth.
You are totally right those just cross dressed they are the exact same person

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
You are totally right those just cross dressed they are the exact same person
Well I think he means no matter the gender their identity is the same. Wii Fit Trainer will still be WFT no matter male or female; and the same goes for Villager.

I just wanted to point that out please don't hurt me ^^;;;

Burigu

Smash Ace
Well I think he means no matter the gender their identity is the same. Wii Fit Trainer will still be WFT no matter male or female; and the same goes for Villager.

I just wanted to point that out please don't hurt me ^^;;;
I won't hurt you, it just bothers me the arbitrary parameter some use to proof how Lucina is an alt of Marth, when the site labelled her as a NEWCOMER haven't people heard of CLONES?

If Lucina is an alt I would gladly accept I was wrong, but it wasn't because alt believers have actual evidence and just because they got lucky. IF Lucina is an alt SHE IS SETTING THE PRECEDENT there is no precedent before her therefore if right they only got a lucky guess based on no evidence.

On the other hand I stick with evidence, Lucina is labelled as a Newcomer in the site, and I will believe that until proven wrong there is no reason to believe otherwise.

I am really tired right now so people who I have argued with, don't think this is personal, I am not offended by your view, but I find unrealistic to adamantly claim she is an ALT with no actual evidence when you have a site that says she is a newcomer. I am a person that like facts and defend my believes with facts and proofs, if someone comes to me with hypothesis and theories to counter my view, I can't really take it seriously, the future is going to prove me right or wrong and I don't care, but if anybody is going to say Lucina is an alt better have actual evidence and not inner feelings and constructed facts with zero basis. Like this gem "Lucina is an alt for Marth but since she isn't him, she got her own page". This might be true or wrong but until proven true this holds no true argument it is just a guess, so people can't claim it as a fact

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think Lucina is a glorified alt personally. No, I don't think she's LITERALLY an alt of Marth. Basically, she has her own name, voice, and slot on the roster, because she's a separate character. But otherwise she's a literal direct clone of Marth. Its possible that will be proven wrong later, not sure, but that's my theory right now. Maybe she's Marth with different custom moves and different base stats, which basically only proves my theory about character alts being correct, except they do get separate slots on the roster.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Well people, we do have more PotD this week. Sakurai may clarify some of these issues for us. He's got at least 3 pictures this week (not sure if we'll get one tonight, but Lucina could get a pic maybe).

We won't have to wait TOO long to find out how Lucina differs from Marth, and how Robin's books work...
Any character that people were saying Gematsu lowered their chances (TOLD YA! :D )
Aside from the top ten and Rhythm Heaven, I think the characters most affected by Gematsu were... Robin and Lucina. And there's no need to rerate them.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I'm betting on Lucina being more of a semi-clone. We have not seen much of her gameplay at all so far, and the way she plays is probably going to differ from Marth. I don't think she'd be given her own slot if there wasn't at least some difference.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Warning Received
I know this is late, but I just wanted to do these last few days, knowing they won't count:

Most Hype Moment:
EDIT: Whoops, sorry, didn't realize it was the non-fam-friendly version, I just Googled for a Pic of Villager. Won't happen again.
Anyway, I was saying that it was Villager's reveal.

Please do not post images with profanity in them.

- Sincerely, the Mod Squad! :D

Least Hyped moment: Miis banned from For Everyone (Yes, there's Gematsu, but I never believed it way before Lucina/Robin)

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Well, looks like Lucina isn't her own character, sharing her moveset with Marth, and will have her own reskins, like male Wii Fit Trainer, but is technically a newcomer under a new name, unlike male Wii Fit Trainer. This would explain why she's not listed as a newcomer in main site, as she's rather hard to classify. The other possibility I've seen floating around is because her video is shared with someone else, but do you think this would be the case if let's say both K. Rool and Shulk were announced in the same trailer?
It's something strange that has never happened before. Whether we call it a clone or a glorified alt doesn't really matter all that much except for to distinguish between a few possibilities:

1) Lucina is a clone.
What this refers to is that Lucina takes up a character slot on the Character Select Screen but has the same exact movesets as Marth.

2) Lucina is a glorified alt.
This could mean the same thing as clone or this could mean that Lucina is chosen in a similar fashion to picking between Shiek and Zelda or ZSS or Samus (just wouldn't be able to change while in battle)

3) Lucina is an alt.
This would imply that she and Marth are like Biker Wario and non-Biker Wario

4) Lucina is a 'clone'
This is when somebody is saying she's like Roy is to Marth

I guess by my definitions I would see her as a clone, in the same sense as the clone engine that was created for Smash Bros Brawl modding can be used to put in extra alts. The only reason for this instead of glorified alt or alt is that I think fans of Lucina wouldn't want to click on Marth's face when they want to use her instead of Marth. I don't stand by this argument strongly, though. If she was like Roy, she would probably have a newcomer tag.

Although by my definition I technically believe she's a clone, I would probably use glorified alt so that people don't think I mean a 'clone.' Glorified alt also shows the complexity in categorizing her, being the first of her kind.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
You Know I actually don't mind the Overrepresentation of FE. Awakening Sold really well and was extremely popular. I think Fire Emblem: Awakening going to be my next game I playthrough.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
You Know I actually don't mind the Overrepresentation of FE. Awakening Sold really well and was extremely popular. I think Fire Emblem: Awakening going to be my next game I playthrough.
I find this post confusing. Are you assuming that Lucina is or isn't a character with your idea of how represented they are? Or is she like a half a character, lol.

I find myself agreeing. Although, I don't see it as overrepresentation because I don't consider Lucina a character. If I did consider her a character, though, then I would see the four characters as overrepresentation but still agree.

D

Deleted member

Guess these need to be removed from the nomination list:

X22 Three Fire Emblem Characters
X18 Chrom [Stance-Based Moveset]
x5 Fire Emblem Newcomer (Not Chrom)
x5 Four Fire Emblem Characters

(Unless I'm missing anyone else)

Last edited by a moderator:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I love today's reveals, I really did not expect Lucina much less Robin. To me it looks like Fire Emblem is complete. Although i'm saddened that Anna did not make it i'm glad one of her attributes was given to Robin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom