• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Hmm, time to get dibs on everyone nobody else will guess.
  • Lupus
  • Scrappy Doo
  • Shrek from Kirby's Air Ride
  • Lumineon
  • Owain and Yarne Tag Team
  • Aran Ryan
  • Pudge
  • Gematsu. Not the Gematsu leak, but Gematsu itself.
  • Waddle Doo
  • Commander Shepard
Obviously, these have the best chance because 14 has the number 4 in it, which is unlucky. We'd be unlucky to have any of these revealed, but we all know Sakurai is a troll. :troll:
Please, please do not take this post seriously. I'm hoping for Shulk as much as the next guy, I just wanted to mess around for a bit

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Place Your Bets! has been added to the Directory.

Who do I think will get confirmed? I am thinking that we'll either get Shulk or Chrom. Shulk because of that Tweet and Chrom because a certain Fire Emblem game has an anniversary this Tuesday (coincidentally, it's also the birthday of Dark Lord Owain).

I'm really, really hoping that it's Shulk!
#MonadoMonday
MAKE IT HAPPEN, SAKURAI!
There's a tweet? What tweet?! :0

Oh and I'd like to mention I'm glad well be rating newcomer satisfaction again because I've had a realization about Pac-Man and I will be rating him much higher this time.

Oh and I'll also mention how it looks like I can't get on YouTube here so I'll probably have to find out that it was Shulk who got revealed through this thread.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
In all seriousness, Shulk or Ridley is what I'm expecting. Shulk based on bandwagon mob mentality, and Ridley based on logic.
After all, they couldn't wait for a Direct to announce this character, so it's clearly a big deal.

Big deal.

Big deal.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
With those retweets from the Xenoblade staff, Shulk seems very likely. However, I would not be surprised if we got someone else like Ridley.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
My heart says Ridley, but my brain says Shulk. I've learned not to trust the former for this game (that sounds worse than it actually is), so I'm going with Shulk.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Monolith Soft couldn't contain their excitement for one weekend, so I think the situation is we're looking at a Shulk reveal. A veteran announcement is also possible within the 3 minute space, but there's a lot of them to choose from right now. It's hard to say.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I don't think Sakurai would let a reveal that he publicly announced 3 days in advance be spoiled. My gut feeling is that the Xenoblade creator tweet is a red herring, my brain tells me it's not... I don't know what to think anymore!!!

I'm going to say Shulk. Obvious pick is obvious. But since it's obvious, does that mean that the obvious pick is not obvious because people would obviously come up with it, therefore meaning it's obvious that we won't be getting the obvious pick? Or the obvious pick is actually obvious because people will be thinking the obvious pick is not obvious because it's the obvious pick, leading them to believe that it's not the obvious pick, when in reality it is!

Obviously!

You know what, screw it, I'm gonna say Ridley. If it's not Shulk I don't know who, and I want Ridley. So there! Logic!

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Logically, it's probably Shulk, there's a bunch of evidence pointing to it, that I don't need to go over, as someone else probably has.
However I just have this feeling, that Sakurai wants to throw us a curveball. I have this feeling it MIGHT just be K. Rool, however that's my heart talking, not my brain. I thought about the possibility of a newcomer being in the trailer as well, maybe Captain Falcon due to his immense popularity? The problem with this is that I don't know how they would put a veteran and a newcomer (presumably from different series) in the same trailer, so this seems unlikely, unless the newcomer ends up being from an already represented series...

All this aside, I'm gunna say King K. Rool because why not. It's probably Shulk, but who cares, it's fun to stray from the crowd.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
The majority say Shulk, and I'm not often a bandwagoner (sometimes I'm right being in the minority of believers, i.e. Villager / other times I'm wrong, as I didn't believe Gematsu until E3 2014), but this time the evidence is clearly in favor of a particular character.

Granted, we have one piece of evidence to suggest that it is specifically Shulk being shown tomorrow, so perhaps it isn't, in which case I would love Ridley or KKR.

My question is will a veteran be shown in addition to the newcomer (as Charizard was in the Greninja trailer), and who will it be?

Meta Knight is past due, and as an edgy sword-user would fit in a Shulk trailer just fine, but my heart and gut say Mewtwo.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
There are three people who I think could show up:
  • Shulk - for obvious reasons
  • Ridley - not really any reason except to bring the hype.
  • Dixie Kong - good of a place as any to be revealed
Maybe a veteran is revealed as well but there isn't any that I can think of that could work with these three.

Groose

Smash Champion
Hmm, time to get dibs on everyone nobody else will guess.
  • Lupus
  • Scrappy Doo
  • Shrek from Kirby's Air Ride
  • Lumineon
  • Owain and Yarne Tag Team
  • Aran Ryan
  • Pudge
  • Gematsu. Not the Gematsu leak, but Gematsu itself.
  • Waddle Doo
  • Commander Shepard
Obviously, these have the best chance because 14 has the number 4 in it, which is unlucky. We'd be unlucky to have any of these revealed, but we all know Sakurai is a troll. :troll:
Please, please do not take this post seriously. I'm hoping for Shulk as much as the next guy, I just wanted to mess around for a bit
[collapse=Xenoblade Spoilers]
You listed Shulk in that list, and everyone is guessing him. Therefore, your initial statement is a lie.

...hey, Shulk is "Literally God" in the Xenoblade franchise. He does create a universe after all.
[/collapse]

Doesn't Hades believe in #HightimeforHadesDay? :laugh:
I'm a Zelda character. Hades is a Kid Icarus character. My game universe and his game universe have absolutely nothing to do with each other. I have absolutely no idea what goes on through his head.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
[collapse=Xenoblade Spoilers]
You listed Shulk in that list, and everyone is guessing him. Therefore, your initial statement is a lie.

...hey, Shulk is "Literally God" in the Xenoblade franchise. He does create a universe after all.
[/collapse]

I'm a Zelda character. Hades is a Kid Icarus character. My game universe and his game universe have absolutely nothing to do with each other. I have absolutely no idea what goes on through his head.
Oh, you

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Real prediction is Shulk.

But secretly I'm hoping the Xenoblade dude and old man Sakurai are in cahoots and it's gonna be someone totally different.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I predict Shulk to be announced at Monday.
The Gematsu leak already has Shulk on the list, so if it's real, he's 100% in. If it's not, there are still (re)tweets by the writer of Xenoblade and Shulk's english voice actor, who said he works on "very exciting games", especially notable since he doesn't do voice acting for games that often. Also, another Xenoblade dev told us on Twitter he had good news! And his inclusion makes sense to promote X.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For reasons that have already been stated by others, it's probably Shulk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'm a Zelda character. Hades is a Kid Icarus character. My game universe and his game universe have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
Seems like someone found a copy of The Wise Words Of Viridi! Didn't know we shipped products all the way out to Skyloft!

If we get a Veteran tomorrow, I'd say Meta Knight would fit perfectly in.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Yeah, I think we're getting Shulk. Considering it's a 3 minute trailer, I wouldn't be surprised if we also saw a Xenoblade stage for the Wii U version and an assist trophy (Reyn? Melia?) as well.

That said, I'm still hoping for a freak reveal of Robin/K. Rool/Ridley/anyone not on the Gematsu leak that'd put the zealots to rest. Who knows, for all we know, the retweet could've been a coincidence...or less likely, a smokescreen?

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
75% Shulk
10% Chrom/Lucina
5% Rhythm Heaven Character
5% Ridley
5% Other

Honestly Shulk felt like he was the most likely reveal even before Twitter mucked things up, so that's definitely what I'm expecting. Some chance we get another Gematsu reveal, a bit of chance of surprise Ridley since he seems like the most likely non-Gematsu, and a bit more chance it's something totally unexpected. Whatever it ends up being, I'm just happy to get another hype Smash trailer!

Burigu

Smash Ace
I am going to say this you hear this first so I want my credit tomorrow
Shulk ok not really an unexpected prediction, basically Monolith tweet

Yet this is the perfect oportunity to shake the community revealing a non gematsu character, bonus points if said character isn't from Fire Emblem and Rhythm Heaven, since this would absolutely proof that there are more character apart from the leaked ones, still in the wings, this would be so sweet, but at the same time would bring hope to people supporting characters with 0 chance realistically speaking and fan made proofs and evidence supporting them, which I am against.

Still the pros would be higher than the cons so as much as I would like to see Shulk fans dream come to reallity an unexpected addition is something to hope for.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I think it's going to be Shulk, it may be the obvious choice, but that's because it's the one that lines up the best between the other newcomers. He would get the most hype overall between the three, and there's that tweet to consider.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
My prediction is either Shulk or something that's going to leave the Gemastu Leak in shambles. Either/or!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm betting on Shulk.

But I want it to be Chrom, King K. Rool, or the Chorus Kids.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
It's going to be Ridley. Tomorrow is my birthday, it's obvious that I'm getting my most wanted character as a present!

...Yeah no it's probably going to be Shulk.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Why does everyone think Shulk rather than Chrom or Chorus Men?

I mean, I could see not going for Chrom considering we got Ike sorta recently, but other than that...

Is it all just the retweet from the Xenoblade dev?

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
I'm putting my money on Ghirahim. He was just recently announced to be a boss in Hyrule Warriors, and now seems like just as good a time as any for him to be announced.

Last edited:

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking Shulk is the most likely, but I'd be thankful to see Ridley or K. Rool or really any non-gematsu character.

Also Mewtwo or ROB would make a nice veteran crossover reveal. Mewtwo would be good because his reveal would be hype AF and ROB would make sense for the Famicon anniversary.

But I'm honestly not expecting anything more than Shulk...

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
#SolomonMonday
#OrgeMonday.

Nah, in all seriousness, even though Xenoblade was the only thing I did in the last 8 hours, I'd says its Chrom < Chorus Kids = Shulk in possibility, Chorus Kids have potential to be revealed alongside the long coming Wario, plus they're the only one who doesn't have a game upcoming. Despite that, Chrom does seem like the most likely to get a 3 minute long trailer, so he's slightly behind the 3. So I'm not taking any bets, because that will make the reveal ruined.

However, I think we might finally, finally get Snake revealed this time, most likly alongside a newcomer.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
59% - Shulk
21% - Chorus Men
10% - Chrom
5% - Ridley
5%- Other

Man... I really wish there was more than 100% :p I'd like to give Shulk more, but you can't forget the other Gematsu characters. Also giving a shout-out to Ridley, because I think he's one of the more likely other characters...though another part of me says he's disconfirmed. My opinions on him are... intricate... and they change by the minute. So mark the time on this, as my verdict on this will probably change really soon.:smash: I'll try not to edit anything this time.

My money is on Shulk, though, no doubt.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Why does everyone think Shulk rather than Chrom or Chorus Men?

I mean, I could see not going for Chrom considering we got Ike sorta recently, but other than that...

Is it all just the retweet from the Xenoblade dev?
No, Salromano said that Shulk is going to be revealed tomorrow.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
No, Salromano said that Shulk is going to be revealed tomorrow.
Pit's_Poses.png

Man... I would hear this just after posting that I wouldn't edit my ratings (previous edit was grammatical... I promise!)

I'll keep to my word, though. What is done is done :shades: Since Shulk is still my highest, who really cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom