• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Rhythm Heaven:

Chance: 87.5%
I give the Gematsu leak an 80% chance of being real, and give a character a 7.5% chance if it's not.

Want: 80%
I like all of them, but it's most likely going to be Chorus Kids, who are the blandest character choice imo.

Only Gematsu:

Chance: 30%
I don't think we're getting only Gematsu newcomers. Mainly because King K. Rool, Ridley, and Takamaru have all been somewhat hinted at.

Want: 0%
I don't think I need to explain.

Predictions:
Ms. Pac-Man Alt: 44.44%
Oocoo and Oocoo Jr.: .05%

Nominations: Eirika x5

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Rhythm Heaven character

Chance: 95%
We're almost definitely getting one, considering that an enemy from their series actually makes an appearance in Smash Run. They wouldn't just put it in there without making a character from its franchise playable.

Want: 15%
I was always hesitant on the idea of their franchise getting a playable character over more deserving candidates, and I still am at this moment. However, I won't rage and cancel my preorder if/when this happens. Hey, maybe they could even end up as one of my mains.

Only Gematsu characters

Chance: 80%
I might be pessimistic, but I honestly think we're only getting 48 newcomers for this game (I think Mewtwo is a lock). Yeah, Ridley, K. Rool, and Takamaru have been hinted at some points, but they could all be red herrings. I seriously doubt someone like Ridley or K. Rool could be kept secret from Sal.

This was my immediate reaction:

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
RH Character Chance: 99% Sneaky Spirit being in Smash Run completely seals the deal that we will definitely get a character.

Gematsu Only Chance: 5% I most certain we will get unlockable newcomers (I think the 3 unrevealed Gematsu newcomers are starter), there are still some obvious choices left to fill in the last minute clones or retros such as Dark Pit, Dixie, and Takamaru.

Nominations:
x5 Two Retro Newcomers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Rhythm Heaven Character and Only Gematsu Newcomers have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Rhythm Heaven Character before, check to see what you've said on its day!

Rhythm Heaven Character
Chance:
95%

I have given the Gematsu leak a 95% chance. Therefore, I find there to be a 95% chance of us getting a character from this series, mainly the Chorus Men. The series is pretty successful and at least has a cult following, I'm pretty sure Sakurai picked up on it and saw the potential that it could bring (lots of unique content that is). What also ties into us getting a character is how almost every series with a character has an enemy in Smash Run; I doubt that we will get a Rhythm Heaven enemy and not have a character to go with it.
While I hold that the Chorus men have a 95% chance of getting in, I have to put into consideration that a character like Marshal get in over them.
Want: 80%
I never played a Rhythm Heaven game, but sure. Why not?

Only Gematsu Newcomers
Chance:
40%

I can see us stick with only the Gematsu newcomers and, at the same time, I can see us get another character not listed there.
I don't think that Sal's tipper knows every single thing about the newcomers, such as Rosalina being a playable character. There are still some characters with a legitimate chance that are still in the wings (like King K. Rool and Takamaru for example) that could get in this game despite not being a part of the Gematsu leak.
Realistically, I see us get 2 non-Gematsu newcomers. The thing with the Gematsu leak is that it gives us a total of 12 newcomers, which is a realistic amount considering Sakurai's comments. There is definitely room for more, but I don't expect us to get over 15 newcomers. There is also the matter that characters like King K. Rool have been teased in a way (with the Kremlings return), possibly showing that Sakurai has some secrets up his sleeve.
Overall, I can see us get another newcomer not listed in the Gematsu leak. I would be kinda shocked if we didn't, but not overly surprised.
Want: 50%
I'm honestly conflicted.
On one hand, it lists Shulk, my most wanted newcomer for Smash 4. On the other hand, I might not get Bandana Dee and King K. Rool, two characters that I want.
I would be disappointed if those two don't make it, but Shulk is enough to appease me for the loss really.

Ms. Pac-Man Alt. Prediction: 34.98%
Random number thrown here.
Ooccoo & Ooccoo Jr. Prediction: .25%
They should be at Cole levels, but I expect someone to rate them high...

Nominations: Owain 5x
After the dark lord... I dunno what I'll nominate. Maybe an interesting concept or another troll nomination just for the hilarity of it all (especially when most re-rates will be depressing now...).

Last edited by a moderator:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Rhythm Heaven rep
Chance 80% - only 3 more characters (8/11) left to completely confirm the leak. There's a RH enemy in Smash Run where only playable characters get rep, I say very likely. It makes me wonder though, was it an honest mistake or did Sakurai et al included the Sneaky Spirit on purpose? who knows.
Want 100% - I'm 100% behind the Chorus Kids and to a lesser extent Marshall. The one that I really don't want is Karate Joe. He wouldn't represent RH as a music-based series.

-Only Gematsu
Chance 60% - there's Rosalina and that Sal's leaker had the intention to apparently leak only E3/Direct reveals.
Want 20% - I'd be happy with the Chorus Kids but I certainly want more newcomers.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
OK, Now I understand how this works, whoops :p

Anyway, I'll just repost the RH/Gematsu stuff from yesterday so it gets more visible:

Playable Newcomer from Rhythm Heaven:
Chance: 92.03% (With Villager and Wii Fit Trainer setting a precedent on playable characters repping nonviolent games and the Sneaky Spirit already repping Rhythm Heaven as a Smash Run enemy, it seems like the road's pretty well paved for a character from that world, whoever the actual character used is.)
Want: 99% (the only thing keeping the want from 100% is that there are certain characters I would want to see before we get a Rhythm Heaven character. Beyond that, OH YEAH!)
The Only Newcomers Were Already Leaked by Gematsu:
Chance: 71%, as no matter how accurate this leak is, it's still only a rumor until proven true (plus, I am a believer that all "leaks" have a chance of being completely fake yet coincidentally being proven true regardless anyway, but that's neither here nor there. :p)
Want: 40% (Not only do I want characters not covered in the leak, it would be a little upsetting if the leak being true meant there would be no surprises concerning newcomers beyond Rosalina and the shock/hype in itself of said newcomers being revealed.)

Predictions:
Ms. Pac-Man alt: 64%
Ooccoo/Ooccoo Jr: 5%

Nominations:
Additional Mii Fighter Classes x4
Interactive Eternal Darkness representation x1

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Rhythm Heaven character: 95%
Seeing that the leak is likely true at this point.... though I think there is a microscopic room for doubt.

I'm sorry, but I just flat out dislike the character designs in Rhythm Heaven. None of them appeal to me.

Only Gematsu newcomers: 80%
Unfortunately, it seems like a grim reality. Well, I've prepared myself for that.

Please, no. Almost of my most wanted character fell outside the leak. It would frankly be upsetting.... I don't want to paint a red mark on the rest of the characters on my signature.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Rhythm Heaven character: 100% - Basically a Chorus Men re-rate.

Want: 0% - Even if it isn't Chorus Men the style of Rhythm Heaven just isn't for me, it's bland character designs trying to be whacky

Only Gematsu newcomers: 85% - The most likely scenario by far.

Want: 0% - Veterans unite, you're the only ones I actually care for!

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Rhythm Heaven Character:
Chance - 100%
These guys:

They are the only enemy in Smash Run to not be from a franchise represented yet to my knowledge (aside from SSE enemies), which heavily implies that one of them will get in.
Want - 50%
Eh. Don't really care for the series.
Only Gematsu:
Chance - 20%
I REALLY don't see us only getting 2 or 3 secret newcomers, depending on who's announced. But sadly it could be the case. ....It very, very faintly could be the case.
Want - -11000000% 0%
NO. I like Shulk and Chrom, but NO. I want my K. Rool dammit. Ridley would be nice too, of course.

Predictions:
Ms Pac-Man costume: 76.2%
Ooccoo and oocoo Jr: 0.2%
I didn't know who they were at first, and when I looked them up...

also I nominate Aran Ryan x5 again because I can

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Rhythm Heaven Playable Character

Chance: 100%
*Groan*
Sakurai is good for exactly one off-the-wall roster decision per game and I guess this would be it. I don't consider WFT to be in the same category, because even if it was surprising in the beginning, it made sense in the end when you considered the popularity of those games and the viability of exercises as attacks.

Want: 30%
The Chorus Men (likely candidates) are standing on the shoulder of a giant. All 3 of them should be kissing PaRappa the Rapper's sneakers for paving the way to their frankly undeserving Smash appearance. Without him, there wouldn't BE a rhythm genre. An RH rep might have something to offer in the way of an interesting moveset, and that's the only reason I've given any points at all even though the nature of these games tend to produce people with ZERO character development (SOMETHING PARAPPA HAD!).

All Gematsu From Here On

Chance: 90%
Good luck making a successful prediction that runs counter to what the leak reveals so far. To stop with Chrom, Shulk, and Chorus Men would be a very Sakurai thing to do, and that's precisely what worries me most. I don't think it's the end of newcomers period if DLC matters, but the leak to me signals the beginning of it as far as what's already going to be on the game.

Who WOULD want this to be it except if you're one of those fans who's like, "Well, I've got my guy. Day 1 purchase." I remember when the Brawl roster got leaked. Lot of tears that day. I expect Sakurai, one of the world's best trolls, to come through in the clutch again and produce even more tears, but I hope it's not this way.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Rhythm Heaven Rep
Chance: 90%

Im indifferent, but they do have a good chance, what with the enemy now in Smash run + Gematsu.

Gematsu only
Chance: 50%

All I have to say about the only newcomers being Gematsu is I really, REALLY dont want that. Thankfully, we have Rosalina which suggests that there may be more characters to come, being that Rosalina was not mentioned in any of the leaks. We don't know the circumstances in which Sal's source got his information. Does he work at Nintendo? Well if he did, I would imagine that he would have known about Rosalina, but he may have omitted it to save his own skin. More likely, Sal's source is a distributor for the media that Nintendo has shown off, and was unaware of Rosalina. Another possibility is that Sal's source recieved all the information before Rosalina was actually decided on.

I could literally write paragraphs speculating Sal's sources circumstances, but the bottom line is that some information was missing from the leak, and there is a chance there may be more information missing from the leaks as well.

Honestly, who would want only three more newcomers?

I will be extremely disappointed if this is all we get. Seriously, the lack of any villain character is really disappointing, considering that Nintendo has some of the best villains to date. At the top, K Rool, Ridley and somewhat Mewtwo are some of Nintendo's best characters. considering in Brawl we only had a handful of true villains (Bowser, Ganondorf, Wolf and somewhat Wario) and that Sakurai has included so many female characters this time around, you would think he would want to do the same with villains. But if the Gematsu leak is all we get, then that is 0 additions for villains. Seriously, one of the best parts about Smash is being able to play as characters you would normally not be able to play with, and some of the best candidates for that are Villains. Ganondorf, Bowser (to an extent, i know hes in Mario kart and other games as playable, but not using their trademark moves from their own games. Its usually tennis or golf or whatever.) even the lesser villains like Medusa, Black Knight, Vaati, etc. will be passed over.

Even though I have been quite happy with the characters so far, If this is all we get, I can honestly say I would be a little disappointed with the remaining characters. Chrom brings nothing new to the table in terms of representation, and Im not very interested in Chorus men. Of course, this might change once i see a moveset. the diamond in the rough, however, would be Shulk. Im pretty excited hes included in the bunch. But like i said, more characters is better within reason.)

Ooccoo & Ooccoo Jr: 0.21% (Really?)
Ms Pacman Costume: 43.4%

Nominations:
Six Pokemon Characters x5

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Rhythm Heaven Character

Chance: 97%
The gematsu leak calls for Chorus Men, and that is true so far. The Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run makes it an almost guarantee.

Want: 54%
I have never played any Rhythm Heaven games. One of my friends wants a RH character, so if one gets in, he will be happy.

Gematsu Only Newcomers

Chance: 40%
Sakurai said he won't focus as much on newcomers. That said, I think there will be one or two non-gematsu newcomers. Namely K. Rool, Ridley and Retro character. (Mewtwo if you include him aswell.) 64 introduced 12, Melee introduced 14 and Brawl introduced 18. I think we will get 13-15 newcomers.

Want: 45%
On the plus, I get Palutena, Little Mac and Pac-Man. I get some other characters some friends wanted. No K. Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo makes me sad though. I am preparing for the possibility of only gematsu newcomers.

Nominations: Bowser Jr. rerate x5

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Rhythm heaven:
Chance: 96%
Same score I gave the gematsu leak + 1.
Want: Abstain
Depends on who/what "Chorus men" really means.
Only Gematsu:
Chance: 15.77%
This is the same score we gave :rosalina:, and I think it's quite fitting considering she wasn't leaked.

I understand that people would be ok if Gematsu was the final roster, but I don't feel like that is a good basis for rating this. Saying "not only Gematsu newcomers" isn't saying "Gematsu is deconfimed".With not only Gematsu newcomers, the Gematsu newcomers are still included, yet we get more newcomers as well! You can see Chorus men outmaneuver bandana Dee! Have Chrom engage in an epic melee with K. Rool! Have Shulk slice through Ridley! Having newcomers in addition to Gematsu is live having a delicious cake on your birthday and then receiving another one the next day! And who doesn't want two cakes? This want score isn't a score on how satisfied you would be if Gematsu is the final roster, it's your want for NOT having additional characters outside of Gematsu.

Oh yeah, almost forgot:
OWAINx5

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Rhythm Heaven Rep 100% Chance
100% Want
Gematsu...

Only Gematsu
10% Chance
Rosalina proved we can get more newcomers...
0% Want
Nominating Excitebiker x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Rhythm Heaven
Chance: 100%
You don't add Smash Run enemies of Rhythm Heaven of all series unless they're receiving a character. The franchise doesn't exactly have a 'villain' so it'd be a weird choice otherwise to try and pool enemies from there.

Want: 88%
I think Rhythm Heaven deserves SOMETHING. Not a full 100% because honestly I'd of been content with a stage or Assist Trophy.

The terrible fate that awaits; Gematsu only newcomers!
Chance: 75%
Yet to be proven wrong. In over a year. Did slip up with not leaking Rosalina prior to her reveal, but that is literally the only slip up...it IS possible however that we get another Rosalina incident, but I'm not overly hopeful.

So far I've had; Villager and Pac-Man that I genuinely wanted and have been really pleased with the outcomes of. I was expecting Megaman and Little Mac, and both came out a lot better than I was expecting, but the rest I'm either indifferent to, or actively am not looking forward to them.

Chrom I'm outright dreading. I just can't picture how on earth Sakurai's going to make him anything other than a middle ground between Marth and Ike and the premise doesn't exactly entice me. Maybe, just maybe he'll be like Mii Fighter and will surprise me in not being quite as bad as expected.

Shulk is a character I'm very much indifferent to due to never playing Xenoblade and generally not being big(to put it nicely) on JRPGs in the first place. He is British and a psychic which are two things I can get behind, but otherwise he's just another swordsman to me at this point. I'm quietly confident I can warm up to him better than some of the other choices(Palutena, Rosalina, Mii Fighter, Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja and definitely Chrom).

Chorus Kids are an intriguing idea, but I can't picture how they work yet. I get why they'd be picked to represent Rhythm Heaven over some of the other choices. I'm not too pumped for them just yet, but I'm leaning more on the side of interested than not.

But let's look at what I hoped for this time last year:
I was hoping for some of the older Nintendo stars; Toad, Dixie Kong, Meowth, Samurai Goroh...

Poor Samurai Goroh. The only swordsman I would have wanted but also because he'd bring hope to a now dead series.
Now obviously Black Shadow hasn't been kicked out yet, but I was kind of hoping another F-Zero character may get Nintendo to actually make a new game since Captain Falcon turned out to be a hugely popular character and the series was a lot of high speed adrenaline fun. Alas, it's not to be.

Dixie Kong on that list was someone I was genuinely looking forward to having fond memories of watching my friends play DKC2 and DKC3(albeit to a lesser extent). With Tropical Freeze coming out, and DK being the fourth biggest series in Nintendo I was really expecting some newcomer from the DK series, but we've barely seen any representation of the franchise outside Donkey and Diddy. Jungle Japes return, Kremling Smash Run enemies and a rumoured Chunky Kong assist is all I can think of.

With SM3D World coming out and Rosalina currently being held secret this time last year, I actually really felt Toad had a shot of being the next Mario character. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker gives me some hope for the future though, and it seems like Toad is eventually going to have to be added it's just a question of when...but I'm still bummed I have to wait yet another 8 frigging years to see my most wanted since Smash 64 get another chance.

In Meowth's case, he is probably one of the most famous Pokemon and is always used in the anime...however I realised he'd be a longshot at this point due to Pokemon using new mons to advertise their new games...the fact Greninja was set aside a slot under 'Pokemon X/Y' rather than getting in on his own merits drove the point home, and as much as I love the scratchcat I feel it's time I give up on my number 2 biggest want.

The lack of a villain, and I mean ANY villain, really sucks too. I was never that fussed about K. Rool personally, nor Ridley but they certainly seem like bigger names than some of the characters of the Gematsu Leak's list. Secondary villains like Vaati would of been great for me too, and although I couldn't stand him; Bowser Jr. has a huge fan following for Smash and seems to have missed the boat as well much to my surprise.

Overall I'd be surprised if anyone wanted just the Gematsu Leak newcomers as the ONLY newcomers, but it's a very real possibility.

Predictions:
Ooccoo & Ooccoo Jr: 0.12%. I will genuinely be disappointed with you all if the want is much higher than this either.
Ms Pacman Costume: 38%

Saving Nominations for when I can think of someone or something I'd like to discuss.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Rhythm Heaven:
Chance: 67%
Franchises had stuff like that before and weren't represented.
EX: Electroplancton

Want:
If marshall: 80%
If anyone other than chorus men: 50%
If Chorus men: 30%
If Luchador wrestler: 110%

Gematsu:
Chance : 30%
I dont see why everyone suddlenly tinks anything not writen in the leak is disproved all of a sudden, Heck we Know the leak ignored Rosalina a character that was heavily requested, shoe horned in all most every mario game since her existence, and ended up being in regardless.

Okay, Never mind the fact that nearly all of my most wanted characters are not mentioned in the leak, never mind the fact that most of the leaks predictions ended up true, never mind the fact that i dont think we will only have the characters mentioned in said leak. What kind of person would say no to more characters in a fighting especially if it gives no consequences whetsoever. I mean, it literally only implies that there will be more character possibilities on top of those set by gematsu, nothing more nothing less.
God i swear it's like people literelly turn they're imagination off when some one mentions the leak.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Rhythm Heaven Representative:
Chance: 95% Gematsu plus Spirit equals Rep
Want: 95% I'm always a fan of unrepresented series

Gematsu Only:
First off, this rating is extremely important. No one should go outside of these parameters. For instance if you say it has 80% chance of having, only rate your most likely 20%. That being said.
Chance: 75% It's a gut feeling, but this is what I'm thinking.
Want: 50% I'm indifferent to this. The characters would make sense, but I would want something more.

Ms. Pacman Alt: 45.2%
Ocooco and Son: 0.81%

Nominations: Bowser Jr. x5

andimidna

Smash Master
Rh character
99.7% chance
Abstain want

All Gematsu
20% chance
No DK newcomer? Are you ****ing kidding me?!
No retro? No Ridley?
I still find takdmaru, k Rool,and Ridley more likely than not
Staying optimistic
0 want
No!

Pre
Ooccoo 0%
This will be fun
Ms. Pacman 50%

X5 Andy rerate

Last edited:

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Rhythm Heaven character: 100%
It'd happen with or without leak.

My true hope for a Rhythm Rep is the Elite Beat Agents, but lord knows that would never happen. I would take another Rhythm Heaven Rep (Rhythm Girl for all-encompassing rep or Wrestler and Reporter for unique playstyle) over the Chrous Kids in a heartbeat. I would rather have no RH rep over Chrous Kids.

Only Gematsu newcomers: 70%
No.

No.

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Rhythm Heaven Character: 99%
I gave Gematsu 90% chance of being real (I think...), and regardless of whether the last 3 characters are correct or not, we've got Rhythm Heaven enemies in Smash Run. We're almost definitely getting a Rhythm Heaven character.

Want: 90%
I don't really want the Chorus Kids Glee Club to represent Rhythm Heaven, but a character from that franchise would be extremely interesting, and I want to see what sakurai does with it.

Only Gematsu newcomers Chance: 20%
:rosalina: says hello.

No DK newcomer? No Ridley? Lacking more info on veteran fighters?

The guy has partial and outdated information, I highly doubt that Chrom, Chorus Kids, and Shulk are the only characters left.

Another Blue haired sword wielding lord, a Rhythm Heaven character that's poor representation of the franchise, and a character from a series I've never played. (Sorry! It's to expensive!) I will be very disappointing if those characters are all we're getting.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Rhythm Heaven Rep:
Chance and want: 100% . A Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run seals it. Rhythm Heaven is awesome and its great Nintendo gives them a rep.

Gemitsu only:
Chance: 40% 12 newcomers does sound like a number they would end it on...but I have doubts, Its possible the leak is just for characters getting trailers and there are hidden unlockable ones. Or the tipper (obviously Sakurai) is a good person and wants to leave at least one surprise.

Want: 0%. I love all the newcomers confirmed and rumored, I really do...but seriously, why wouldn't I want more newcomers?

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
RH rep - 95.1% it makes sense to give this slightly higher than what I rate the Gematsu leak.
Want - 30% I'm sure the idea will come to life amazingly, but until I see it/know who else is in, I'm not excited for it.

Gematsu only - 20% I don't really see there not being at least one more beyond the leak.
Want - 0% Without Ridley or K. Rool, I won't be 100% satisfied with the game's content - just 98% ;)

predict Ms. Pac-Man 50%
Oocoo and Oocoo Jr. 0.10%

nominate Jill Valentine x5

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok lets chat

A rythem heaven rep

Chance 95%

Look

That white guy down there is called the sneaky spirit and it is from rythem heaven

So sakurai is acknowledging rythem heaven for smash bros so this helps a rep significantly

(Ps it does not neccesary mean its going to be the chorus men i mean i could be anyone and the other 3 sal characters are not locks thats for sure.)

Want 99%

Not only i want a rythem heaven character i want a rythem heaven stage i love rythem games.

The rest of the newcomers being gemusatu characters

Chance 30%

Rosalina is not on that list so there could be more than them, and theres 1 other character that can proove this true and thats Ridley because hes role has still not ben revealed after one full year p, and my shadow comparison all the character character ahadows strech out like ridleys and rosalinas is almost the same height as ridleys. (And for others we have king k rool and any random newcomer not on the list.)

Oh and the leak never said anything about the Mii's being 3 separate variations i think. (Correct me if im wrong.)

Want 2%

I want a few more newcomers.

Last edited:

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Oh and the leak never said anything about the Mii's being 3 separate variations i think. (Correct me if im wrong.)
The leaker didn't talk about having three variations of Miis. However, he did mention right before E3 2014 that the Miis were called "Mii Fighter" which ended up being their actual name. That's just something to think about.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
RH: 60%. Leak + Enemy = Good chance.
Want: 50%. Most of it's from Wrestler.
No Items, Gematsu Only, Final Destination!: 10%. Rosalina says hi.
Want: 0%. Heavens no, the newcomer choices are poor enough as it is! Just the last three would be a brutal nightmare. Chrom would be okay as long as he isn't ****ed up at least.
Oocoo: 0.16%. Wat.
Mrs.: 46.73%. Gonna be quite overrated.
Okay... oh screw it.
Chef Kawasaki X5!
"You mortals shall burn in my stove for those pathetic scores..."
"Don't you think that's pushing it?"
"Pyyrhon disagrees."
"For the love of Medusa... this is going downhill fast... as usual."

D

Deleted member

Finally decided to join in on the chance rating!

RH Character:
Chance:99%
Want:100%
The Rhythm Heaven enemy pretty much seals the deal as others have stated, plus considering the Gematsu leak, it would be the most shocking thing in the world not to see one. It would be cool

Gematsu only:
Chance:10%
Want:0%
I would be really surprised not to see neither K.Rool, Ridley, or a new Retro rep. Just near impossible in my eyes.

Nomination:
Mii Wizard/Mage X5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Rhythm Heaven rep
Chance: 92% - It's all but confirmed.
Want: 61% - I can't say that I'm a fan of the series but I've grown to love the Chorus men.

Gematsu only
Chance: 60% - I was never expecting more than 10-13 newcomers.
Want: 45% - I'd be happy with the newcomers on that list but I would still take more newcomers if possible.

Predictions
Oocoo and Oocoo Jr: 0.04%
Ms. Male character alt: 47%

Nominations: Shepard x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nominations post has been updated.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Rhythm Heaven Rep: 96%

Only Gematsu Newcomers: 10%

Mrs. Pac-Man Alt.: 34.28%
Occo & Occo Jr.: 0.19%

x5 Bowser Jr.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Rhythm Heaven Character:

Chance: 99%

An enemy in Smash Run cannot be a coincidence. The Sal Leak is looking more real by the day, so it's mostly a matter of when we'll be getting a RH character as opposed to if.

Want: 100%
And I couldn't be happier. Rhythm Heaven is one of the most unique and fun franchises that Nintendo has to offer. Smash will definitely bring this underrated (in the west) series into a good light. As for the playstyle of a Rhythm Heaven character, I can't wait for a rhythm-based character. Chorus Kids all the way!

Only Gematsu Newcomers:

I'm sorry guys, but it's the harsh reality whether you like it or not. Rosalina knocks some chance off of this, but Sakurai did say to expect less newcomers this time around and more emphasis on gameplay and balance. 12 (actually, 14) newcomers is a solid number, and 48 slots/50 characters makes an eerie amount of sense. Many people are knocking off of chance because they want K. Rool, or Ridley, or whoever, but I wouldn't let that fog up the actual likeliness. I'm really sad that we may not get K. Rool and Ridley too, but I have faith that you'll all be happy in the end, no matter what happens.

Want: 30%
I don't want this as much as I would be okay with it. I love Chorus Kids. Shulk is pretty cool and I can live with Chrom. All I needed in this game was Little Mac, Palutena, and Mewtwo. I have the first two and Mewtwo is still looking very likely in my eyes (not a newcomer), even if only DLC. What knocks want off of this score is the lack of K. Rool and Ridley, two of my most wanted newcomers. I'd be content if we only got Sal newcomers, however if I had the choice to add K. Rool and Ridley I'd do it in a second.

Ms. Pac Man: 38.5%
I dunno, maybe.

Oocoo and Oocoo Jr: 0.5%
Anyone who rates this more than 0.5% is an idiot. I know we have a few idiots out here so we'll see.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Rhythm Heaven Character:
Chance: 98%
Sal Romano and the Sneaky Spirit makes one almost guaranteed. Most likely Chorus Men.

Want: 92%
I love the Chorus Men. They are interesting, original and exceedingly cute. Rhythm Heaven definitely is justified in getting a rep. It is all good.

Only Gematsu Newcomers:

Chance: 40%
I truly believe Ridley is playable. K. Rool has also been hinted at.

Want:30%
Not getting Ridley would be a bt disappointing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Rhythm Heaven Character:
Chance: 100% - Yeah, with the spirit, how big the series actually is, Japanese popularity, and the fact that Rhythm Heaven has yet to be represented makes me think that this is a guarantee.
Want: 100% - I'm certain that they will do something incredibly unique with said Rhythm Heaven character, whether it's the Chorus Kids, Karate Joe, the Wrestler, etc.

Gematsu Newcomers Only:
Chance: 80% - I find this to be a very real possibility.
Want: 70(-ish)% - I don't outright hate the prospect of this becoming real like most. In fact, I'd be perfectly okay with it for the most part. Chorus Kids would be extremely unique, Shulk is my most wanted newcomer, and I'd be fine with Chrom for what he represents, and I'd have a new troll character to use other than Yoshi. I have no issues with any of the newcomers revealed thus far. As for popular requests that wouldn't make it; I have no connection to Ridley, so his absence would mean nothing for me. I don't think a retro character is a necessity, so Takamaru's absence would mean nothing to me also. In fact with the Chorus Kids, you can still have the East vs. West grudge match. (Chorus Kids vs. Little Mac) Really, the only soft spot would be the lack of King K. Rool. K. Rool and Shulk are the only newcomers I want in at this point, and it would be kind of sad to see the King not make it again. Shulk's presence elevates this above 50%.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
YOU CAN FEEL THE CONTROVERSY

Rhythm Heaven Character:
Chance: 98%
I don't think I can add anything to the conversation.
Want: Abstain
Uh... um, hmm... I don't know what to think of this.

Only Gematsu newcomers:
Chance: 35%
I do see it as a possibility, but it just seems like there would be a lot of charaters absent that shouldn't have been. Also, we can be sure that the leaker didn't know all of the newcomers because :rosalina:.
Want:0%
N-n-n-n-no. Th bigger the better.

Predictions:

We have officially made a record for the fastest idea/concept to be rated. Well done people who nominated Ms Pac-Man alt.
Ms Pac-Man alt for Pac-Man - 60%
Ooccoo and Ooccoo Jr - 0%

Nominations:
5 x DK silhouette stage

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Rhythm Heaven Character:
Want: 0.5%

Only due to the leak. And I have no interest in Rhythm Heaven so I don't really care to see a character from the series. That's not to say that I would be disappointed if one were to appear.

Only Gematsu newcomers:
Chance: 10%

By God, if these were the only newcomers I'd have to say that I'd be extremely dissatisfied with the newcomer content. Well, maybe not that harsh.

Nominations:
Airship Stage x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Rhythm Heaven
Chance - 95%
Huge increase from my previous score because of the leak + sneaky spirits. I'm expecting it now.

Want - 100%
This makes me so so so happy. It's a fantastic, quirky franchise that has a lot to offer, and Sakurai could do wonders with it. The possible music and stages and hazards and assist trophies are all huge plusses, and it's also one of the most successful Nintendo franchises since it began in 2006. Even if people in the states don't appreciate it as much as in Japan, the series is fantastic and has earned its spot.
I can't wait to see it happen.

Only Gematsu
Chance - 50%
I'm going to try and iron things out because I don't know what to think of this.
The way I imagine it, the characters in Gematsu were the ones initially planned since long ago, but there's always a chance that Sakurai noted the hype behind certain characters and the huge expectation of them (ie. Ridley) and figured he should try and include them as well.
And then we get a small delay, and considerations of DLC as well. So in this sense, I think it makes sense we'll only get Gematsu and then others as possible DLC.

EXCEPT ... :rosalina:

I'm not sure what Rosalina tells us about this whole thing. Because it's the one huge oversight of the Gematsu leaker, and it implies that this person doesn't have all the information.

Add to that the bit from the treehouse guy
some dude from Treehouse kind of said:
We've been practicing behind closed doors with these secret characters, it sucks. You're like crowded in a closet. The treehouse is secret anyways, but like within the treehouse we haven't been able to (mumble mumble, while the other dude says "layers, and layers") ...
Which gives us the impression that only a select few of the Treehouse get to actually play and know of certain characters. It is always possible that what Gematsu has given us are characters that have been prepped for eventual reveal, while others are still completely secret to the leaker.

So ultimately ... I'm split. I do not know towards which side to lean, but naturally ...

Want - 0%
I really really hope there's more newcomers. Not that I'm unsatisfied really, with the newcomers we expect probably happening I'm extremely happy, with only one newcomer I actively dislike (Mii Fighters) while most of the rest I really really love/wanted.
But, the lack of Ridley and a DK newcomer is definitely felt. I think these two non-Gematsu newcomers are rather big absences (lol) and sincerely hope they are some of those hyper-secret characters treehouse dude was talking about.

Predictions
Ms. Pac-Man alt. - 45%
Ooccoo (jr.) - 0.15%
Not zero because someone will give them a 1% on account of them being Nintendo owned.

Nominations
x5 Unrevealed veterans as unlockables

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Rhythm Heaven Likelihood: 80%
Want: 100%

Only Gematsu Likelihood: 60%
Want: 25%
Rhythm Heaven ain't gonna save this score.

Ms. Pac-Man: 47%
Oocoo: .41%

Non-Chorus Kid Rhythm Heaven character x5

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
RH REP - 100L | 50W
I don't care too much about the series, but given the Sneaky Spirit, I can honestly see Marshal having a chance.

GEMATSU GUYS - 30L | 0W
I don't care for this notion, simply because of Rosalina. This space princess alone makes it somewhat likely we'll get a non-Gematsu newcomer.

NOMINATIONS
2x WayForward rep
3x Inklings as Assists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom