• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Before I rate my satisfaction:

Nomination: Fierce Deity Link Costume x5

I honestly would have rated that with 20% chance and 100% want.

Now, to today's topic:

Lucina: 80%

While I do consider Lucina a lazy rush job, she is the closest we'll ever get to having Roy back (at least in Smash 4).

Robin: 100%

While Robin's play style isn't the most appealing to me, I chose to rate him/her 100% solely because of this:

Shulk: 100%

My second most wanted newcomer ended up becoming my most hyped at reveal, topping Mega Man, and I didn't think that was possible. Shulk's play style not only appeals to me, but I also think his inclusion is important for reasons that @Brawler610 will probably explain in great detail.

Also, we get to fight while listening to You Will Know Our Names.

In a nutshell, I'm really feeling the excitement for this character.

Last edited by a moderator:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Lucina: 10%
It's not that I don't like clones, it's that I don't love her, Awakening, or Marth, but I need to try the latter and Lucina.

Robin: 60%
His satisfaction is above the troll mains Villager and WFT and below "mains" Rosalina and Greninja.
Mainly because of his playstyle: He has a few projectiles and a sword. Exactly like my current main Toon Link.

Shulk: 60%
No projectiles, but great range, so same deal.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
:4lucina: - 100%

Favorite FE character, I was really surprised by her inclusion and she will be like a breeze of fresh air to Marth's moveset and the game in general... Also more female representation in Smash is always welcome... Main for sure :grin:

:4robinm::4robinf: - 100%

Awakening has all the rights to introduce 2 newcomers and Robin is a reminder that there's magic in this series, nice to see him (and her) join the fray

:4shulk: - 90%

I haven't played Xenoblade but I'm sure that is a great game... Because of that is nice to see additions of more recent games and Smash is a great boost for franchises, hoping that Xenoblade turns into a first line Nintendo franchise

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
:4lucina: - 100%

Second best FE character (after Lyn), I was really surprised by her inclusion because I knew she'd be a Marth clone, so when Marth was confirmed, I thought she was out.

:4robinm::4robinf: - 100%

Fantastic all the way around. Representing so many awesome parts of the series.

:4shulk: - 70%
I would have been a lot happier with his inclusion if the Shulk fans didn't get on my nerves so damned much during the lead up.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
:4robinm::4robinf: Robin 80%
I don't care too much about them but I did think they were a much better choice than Chrom for a FE:A rep, and what do you know, Sakurai thought the same. Good and unique moveset.

:4lucina: Lucina 80%
I'm one of the very few people who don't mind clones. I like Lucina's character, and ironically, it makes sense for her to be a clone in Smash 4 considering her role in Awakening. Upon recent developments she has the chance to surpass Marth which wasn't very expected. I might use her a few times. Th-thanks, girl Marth.

:4shulk: Shulk 90%
Shulk is a cool character. I did play Xenoblade and he was... alright there. I like his moveset, range and unique weapon among other swordfighters. But I mostly like him because of that swimsuit alt. :colorful:

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
:4shulk: 100%. As someone I wanted without even having played his game (too hard to find) I don't have anything to go off except that he is in, so full marks.

:4robinm::4robinf: 95% I need to see the palates before I am 100% But the moveset is perfect.

:4lucina: 70%. I don't like clones, but I'm too noob to use Marth properly... Also she killed Gematsu, so bonus marks.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
:4lucina:Lucina: 90% - She's basically a fixed Marth for me, never been good with the tipper and never will be, I like being in my opponent's face, so Lucina is the perfect fit for me. Still, I didn't really want her before her release, and she is a clone too which means she isn't quite as interesting as others, so she'll go no higher than this.

:4robinm:Robin: 80% - Really cool moveset, but just like with Mega Man it isn't my kind of playstyle. Despite that I think he's going to be one of the most fun characters to face in battle, he really adds a lot to the roster imo.

:4shulk:Shulk: 50% - I'm not really feeling it as much as other people do, but at least he looks better than he did in the leaked footage. Not a fan of the stance switching honestly, but his smash attacks look fun, so I guess he has his pluses and minuses, but all in all I won't play him, but I don't exactly mind him either, I guess I won't ever be anything but indifferent to him. Xenoblade has sick music though, so thanks for that.

Last edited:

BertholdtFubar

Smash Cadet
:4lucina: Lucina - 80%

In terms of her character, she was probably my most-wanted character from Awakening. Moreso than Chrom, because she added to the females on the roster and was a great character overall. I don't so much mind her being a clone (besides the fact that everyone hates on her because of it), so still a large satisfaction score for me.

:4robinm: :4robinf: Robin - 85%

Before July 14, I never expected Robin to be playable. How would they pick a name for him, since everyone could pick their own name for him? How would they pick one specific image for him out of the many different possibilities? I was very pleasantly surprised when he was announced, though. He brings a much-needed magic-based moveset from Fire Emblem. Also, the addition of the female Robin is really cool.

:4shulk: Shulk - 75%

I never heard anything about this guy until leaks like Gematsu and Ninka started pointing towards him. He seems like a popular character, so I'm happy he's in. The different Monado modes look really cool, and it's great to see a newer series get represented.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
:4robinm::4robinf: Robin satisfaction: 100 %
Warning: very, VERY long text in this spoiler box. Read the tl;dr version instead if you don't like much reading very long texts.
A few year ago, I wanted to play to at least one game for every single series represented by playable characters in Brawl. I bought the Wii re-edition of the first Pikmin game, and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, to discover those series. I was kind of afraid by the general atmosphere of Pikmin due to the time limit and all of those giant monsters that would decimate all of my Pikmins, so I didn't enjoyed this game that much at the time, I should retry it one day or another. On the other hand, I really enjoyed Radiant Dawn's gameplay, probably because it was my first tactical RPG, a genre I didn't know before. Finally, the series represented in Brawl I still didn't touch at all are F-Zero, Mother, Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, Kid Icarus, the one with R.O.B. and Metal Gear... okay I also played Kirby Air Ride and Starfox Assault at the home of my sister's boyfriend for like... five minutes, I don't know if its really counts lol.

I desperately wanted to rediscover the Fire Emblem series, but my Wii didn't work anymore and I lent my Radiant Dawn game to one of my brother's friends (I'm trying to get it back currently to give it to my sister who has a Wii, but isn't easy when you didn't get back the game for years and you see the person far less often than before). Shortly after starting to care about the Smash 4 speculation scene, I did researches to see who were the most speculated characters, and one of them was Chrom, one of the main characters of the latest Fire Emblem game on the 3DS. BTW I bought Awakening for the 3DS to rediscover the Fire Emblem series and to have an idea of Chrom's merits.

When I played the game, I wasn't really impressed by Chrom when it came to imagine a Smash moveset for him, I didn't saw much more than a potential compromise between Marth's speed and Ike's power who uses new sword techniques coming out of nowhere for the sake of making him a playable Smash character. On the other hand, I felt that another main character, Robin, was more suited as a playable Awakening rep for Smash. I absolutely had no trouble to imagine a cool moveset for Robin, and the more I went far in Awakening, the more I felt that Robin was the actual main character, while Chrom was more of a support protagonist rather than the main one.

After playing Awakening I quickly became a Robin supporter, but I felt alone because Chrom was pretty much the only discussed potential newcomer from this game. Until I discovered the Robin support thread on Smashboards, I really felt happy to see that I was not the only one who seriously considered him for playable role in Smash. But overall Chrom was taken more seriously, probably because he has a fixed design, contrary to Robin who is an avatar-like character with customisable design in the game he, or even she comes from. I also discovered the Gematsu leak, which seemed extremely believable, at the point that I felt I was in denial when I hoped to see Robin as the new Fire Emblem rep for Smash. I had to admit it - Chrom is going to become the new Fire Emblem rep no matter what. I tried to find a cool moveset for him, like an Ice Climbers-like team with Robin - to reflect the pair-up mechanic in Awakening - but it was way too gimmicky. I also tried to imagine a moveset with lances in addition to swordplay, but it wasn't cool, it wasn't really less boring than a potential compromise between Marth's speed and Ike's power, plus Chrom cannot use lances before promotion in Awakening anyway, and if Chrom uses lances why would Ike not use axes? I really, REALLY had a hard time to imagine a cool moveset for Chrom - I'm not against swordplay in Smash Bros. but when it comes to add another swordplay master to a series which ONLY has swordplay masters a representants, eh... - and because I thought that Robin would be a much more interesting choice in pretty much every way I still supported him and really hoped the Gematsu leak was either wrong or outdated.

Then we come to the hype part - the July 14 reveal trailer. It was quickly and easily recognizable as a Fire Emblem-themed one. When I saw Chrom and Lucina, I thought "One of them will be the Fire Emblem newcomer" and Lucina was confirmed for playable role. I felt disappointed because our now FE rep is finally another swordplay master with blue hair, but at least it deconfirmed the indisputability of the Gematsu leak, so I still was kinda happy. I was quite surprised that the newcomer was introduced so early in the trailer, and by the fact that the animated sequence after the splash art took a while, so when the green energy prevented Captain Falcon to punch Lucina I kinda expected another newcomer.
But when I saw that levitating hooded mage, I immediately understood who he was. I was astonished by the idea of two Fire Emblem newcomers, I thought that it would be absolutely impossible. Then the mage reveals his head, says his legendary "Time to tip the scales!", and the splash art appears "Robin Brings the Thunder!"

SO MUCH HYPE compared to the other reveal trailers I watched in live:
> I watched Little Mac's reveal trailer at a period when I didn't care about the Smash 4 speculation, and it took me a while to understand what I was watching.
> During the Smash Direct newcomer trailer I thought that Mewtwo was using Psycho Cut in the dark, but actually it was Greninja using Water Shuriken. I was absurdly astonished, and not exactly in a positive way.
> I didn't like how the Palutena trailer was made, because you literally see her at the very first quarter of second once the flame Smash symbol disappears, and I personally didn't care much about her.

And now, we have a trailer that shows my most wanted newcomer despite my loss of hope due to Gematsu, as well as the deconfirmation of its undisputability. Really the only trailer I watched in live that made me really, REALLY hyped. A magic user and a tactician are exactly what Fire Emblem needed to be well represented in Smash, and the idea of the Levin Sword is awesome! I love how his tomes were implemented, how my most wanted newcomer joined the battle, and again how the undisputability of the Gematsu leak was destroyed. I planed to give a slightly imperfect satisfaction score because there is apparently no Ignis on his moveset and because the weapon durability system, despite being a clever idea to contrast with the other FE reps with their personal and unbreakable weapon, could probably cause balance problems, but I gave a 100 % satisfaction score to Little Mac and there is no way I could give Robin a lower score than him.

tl;dr I loved Radiant Dawn and because it was not possible for me to replay it I bought Awakening to rediscover the Fire Emblem series and to see the potential of the widely speculated Chrom. Unfortunately he turned out to be a meh candidate IMO, and I quickly considered Robin as a better potential FE rep in Smash. Still, Chrom was the most speculated one, overall taken much more seriously than Robin, and the Gematsu leak didn't help either. Despite this I continued to support Robin as a newcomer for Smash and the July 14 reveal trailer proven me right. I was so hyped to see my most wanted newcomer as a Smash character with an amazing magic-based moveset!

:4lucina: Lucina satisfaction: 10 %
Like Chrom she was one of the potential newcomers I wanted the least because I thought that there is no way we could get four Fire Emblem characters, and I really wanted to see Robin as the third one. Still, IF Lucina got the spot instead, she seemed more interesting than Chrom in my mind, due to potentially countering the Gematsu leak, and having more moveset potential due to having access much more skills than Chrom in Awakening, like Vantage, Pavise, Galeforce... so I imagined her as an unique character with a moveset inspired from FE:A skills.
When I saw her on the Fire Emblem-themed trailer, I was kinda disappointed, but I still found her to be a better pick than Chrom. But there is absolutely no way I could consider the idea of four Fire Emblem characters in Smash prior to this trailer, and seeing Robin playable increased my hype so much. I'm fine with her being a Marth clone because it makes so much sense and because at least she doesn't use new swordplay techniques coming out of nowhere for the sake of making her a non-clone swordplay master as a Smash fighter.
But really, four Fire Emblem characters is too much assuming we don't get another series with the exact same number of playable reps, and she doesn't really help for Fire Emblem representation, given that she comes from the same game as Robin. Easily my least favourite newcomer, I don't give a flat zero because at least she doesn't use new and uninspired swordplay techniques coming out of nowhere as a fighter like I feared.

:4shulk: Shulk satisfaction: 80 %
He always has been a probable and expected newcomer, but contrary to Palutena I wasn't absolutely confident on him before the leaked ESRB footage, and I'm happy with his inclusion because he will make me want to play to Xenoblade Chronicles much more than he was just an Assist Trophy. I like how this game seems to mix fantasy and technology in one universe, and with the huge notoriety it has I'm really curious to play it. I don't give a perfect score because asides from giving stat changes I thought that Monado was able of much more than slashing, such as summoning cyclones or things like that, but at least the swordplay techniques he uses as B-moves doesn't come out of nowhere because they're inspired from actual arts he uses in Xenoblade Chronicles. Also the fact that he doesn't come from Fire Emblem definitely helps (really Fire Emblem in Smash is the only reason why people are sick of swordsmen).

Oh, and the Shulk Assist Trophy concept on the results post is still not marked as deconfirmed!

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
:4lucina:Lucina Satisfaction: 100000000000%.:4lucina:

"HYPE WILL NEVER DIE!"
Lucina was my second most wanted character (closely after the late Ghirahim:sadeyes:) and while I was an advocate of her having her own moveset, the timing, style, and sheer joy of her reveal is truly out of this world.

Five seconds before the reveal, I was dreading the accuracy of the Gematsu leak, and most importantly, the boring addition of Chrom.
Five seconds after, I was hyperventilating and nearly crying from excitement.
I can not elaborate further how satisfied I am with Lucina. The fact she plays like my main in Melee and is basically a better version of him is a nice touch. The fact she was promoted means I get a Lucina amiibo too! :love::love::love:

On the same note:

:4robinm::4robinf:Robin Satisfaction: 100%.:4robinm::4robinf:

Robin killed Gematsu. More accurately, he killed Chrom (literally). The one-two punch combo reveal of Captain Falcon, Lucina, and Robin was too much for me to handle. My least wanted character was completely wiped off the map and I got one of my most beloved characters and an entirely new playstyle I am incredibly invested in.
Most importantly, everyone who mocked me (and others) for claiming Lucina and Robin were both more probable than Chrom got #rekt.

"It's going to be alright."

Yes Robin. Yes it is.

Now, for the less hype:
:4shulk:Shulk Satisfaction: 100%.:4shulk:

I was never really sold on Shulk. I found him likely to the point of being guaranteed, but never found him too interesting. I figured when I saw his moveset/model I would see it.

And now that I have, I can truly say that I'm really feeling it for Shulk! His moveset looks super fun and interesting, and most importantly, he brings with him a plethora of super awesome music tracks:

Particularly:

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
:4lucina:: 75%
Let me get this straight, I am not against clones. The way I see them is that they were put in because the developers simply had more time to work with. With Lucina, I am thankful Sakurai decided to make her a different character from Marth. I can understand that she really wouldn't have a very unique moveset because of y'know, she's pretty much your average sword fighter so a Marth clone is fine for her in fact it makes sense. Lucina and Marth are related and use the same sword (albeit with a different design). I'm not complaining she was one of my most wanted though the simple fact that she is a clone brings her down for me because it's nothing special.

:4robinm::4robinf:
: 100%
Story time!
I remember waiting till the middle of the night to watch this illusive newcomer that was going to be revealed. Unfortunately for me, the internet was terrible at that moment (I don't have the most reliable internet). I saw a brief section of Lucina's gameplay and then it kept on buffering. But at that brief moment when I saw Lucina, I saw her clone-ish-ness and then I was frustrated.
"I stayed up all that time to see a clone?!" I tried watching it a bit after and the internet was still being bad. Later in the morning, I was grumpy. I got little sleep and the little gameplay of Lucina wasn't worth it. I decided to see if the internet was working, fortunately it was now. And then I saw it, Robin. Oh, My God. My mind was blown. He looked absolutely awesome. My previously bad day had been lit up and I never stopped loving him.

I loved Fire Emblem Awakening. It was one of my favourite games last year so unsurprisingly I love him/her. Robin's moveset just looked great. It looked really unique and looked to have a lot of hidden potential like how I described Rosalina. So yeah, nothing against him. Looking forward to trying him out.

People complain that Fire Emblem is getting too much representation and while I understand it, if it means getting two newcomers that are one super unique fighter and a clone, I don't really care.

:4shulk:: 100%
Story Time Again!
Unlike a lot of people, I clicked onto Smashboards to find the link to the Japaneze Nintendo direct. I wasn't in time to see the Smash logo because was taking my time. I wasn't expecting much because it was a Japan only direct. Just in time though, I saw Gaur Plains in all it's glory. I was like "Xenoblade? What is this?" I saw the Monado hitting Bowser then I realised it. "No!" Then it happened. Shulk was confirmed! I fist punched in the air. The Marth + Link vs Shulk also solidified that Shulk's trailer was my favourite one of them all.

I haven't played Xenoblade but I have been watching various playthroughs of it. I was happy. I do like sword fighters because of their reach but Shulk's was amazing. He looks like a highly technical character that I'm looking forward to.

"Now it's Shulk time!"

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
:4lucina:0%:i dont like her at all she is just marth clone and she have blue hair like other SSB4 fire emblem charcters also i wanted :roypm: back :cry: he is my 4th most wanted charcter
:roypm: OUR BOY!!!
:4robinm:45%:i dont know who is he but i like having a playable mage in SSB4 and i really dont care about him:ohwell:
:4shulk:85%:i didnt play xenonblade but he looks awsome charcter but... i am not going to main him

Chauzu

Smash Ace
:4lucina:0%:i dont like her at all she is just marth clone and she have blue hair like other SSB4 fire emblem charcters also i wanted :roypm: back :cry: he is my 4th most wanted charcter
:4robinm:45%:i dont know who is he but i like having a playable mage in SSB4 and i really dont care about him:ohwell:
:4shulk:85%:i didnt play xenonblade but he looks awsome charcter but... i am not going to main him
This post needs some honourable mention lol.

Robin - 95%

Looks awesome, perfect FE rep and killer of Gematsu leak.

Lucina - 80%

Clone but I am fine with that. More females always good.

Shulk - 95%

Looks awesome all around and we get the fantastic Xenoblade music.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
:4lucina:: 55%

I liked Roy in Melee....I did quite a bit, but I liked him just in Melee. Once Brawl came out he was, as with many of the cuts from Melee, a character I did not want to see return, nor did I want a repeat of how he was handled, with a Marth clone and all, and Lucina here is just that, taken to an extreme level. So I can't say I'm particularly fond of her inclusion, at least the way she was handled anyway.

:4robinm::4robinf:: 80%

Now THIS character (or characters, rather) looks seriously interesting to me. Having a limited use of magic powers, and a sword for backup. I'll have to try them for myself once the game comes out before I can really decide if I like their style, but so far I've got high hopes for them.

Oh, and both Robin and Lucina hurt at least a good portion of the Gemastu leak's credibility, so bonus points for that.

:4shulk::80%

I'M REALLY FEELING IT

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

But in all seriousness, Shulk himself looks like a fun character to me but also one that hasn't really stunned me like many others did. I'll definitely be trying him out ASAP and I'll probably end up liking his playstyle, but I just wasn't that impressed by what was shown of him in his trailer.

Above all else I'm still really happy to see him in due to the extremely strong support and fan following he has around here, especially considered that he came from an IP with only two games, one of which hasn't even been released yet. That's quite impressive considering characters from such franchises (other than Retros) rarely get much more than a role as an Assist Trophy. So I was really satisfied with that, despite not yet having played Xenoblade myself.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
:4lucina:: 50%
If you'd asked me who were the characters I would like least in Smash Bros. back in June, Lucina would of easily ranked in the top three alongside Bowser Jr.

When I first saw her appear in the trailer; my heart sank. Not only were we doomed to have Chrom, we were going to get the even more clone like Lucina.

Had it just been Lucina, I would have ranked her far far lower than mere indifference.

Luckily for her, she was somewhat saved from both my disappointing gaze and Falcon's mighty fists by...

:4robinm:: 100%
Honestly, I always wanted this guy. Robin was the most exciting of the three protagonists to me when I was playing Awakening; the plot revolved around them, they had access to more than just swords and technically they could be classed as a villain. Sorta.

Robin descended from the heavens, revealing himself and suddenly the hype levels went through the roof. I'd resigned myself to accepting Chrom, a character I found particularly bland, and at first I thought 'ALL THREE?'...and then Chrom was revealed to be a Final Smash.

Welcome to the exclusive doomed forever club Chrom. Toad and Ridley say hi.

Robin represents magic, which is hugely important in FE as well as tactics. Having to manage your tomes and Levin blade uses is a clever way to better resemble the series. Mad props.

:4robinf: makes it even better. Great choice.

:4shulk:: 65%
In Shulk's case I'm not sure how I feel yet. I don't really KNOW Shulk, so he's not hyping me up particularly, but nor has he disappointed me.

Overall Shulk is the character I'm looking forward to learning about most, but right now I'm just satisfied with his inclusion. Hard to get excited either way when I know next to nothing about him at this point.

Is this the last day?

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
:4lucina:(90%):I'm the kind of guy who dosen't mind clones(though it would've been nice if she had ONE move that was different, yeah) and since my melee main was Marth, I am totally okay with a different version of him. The fact that I liked her personality in FE:A helps too. And according to Sakurai, these three clones were originally alts for their respective originals, but gave them slight programing differences and added them in. I think that took very little time, so yeah, I don't mind her at all. (If she was here without Robin, then I would've been angry tho)

:4robinf:(100%):TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!
YES. JUST...YES.
I have been rooting for her inclusion ever since I bought the original game, loved it, and especially took a liking towards Robin.She had a mix between a sorcerer and a swordsman(which is always good stuff), a funny personality(nothing too bright or too dim, the perfect balance), a history that gives her character good depth, and she was cute. Took to her instantly.

I always thought :4marth::4myfriends::4robinf:(insert Chrom here as clone) would be the best choice for FE, considering Robin's depth in skill, completely different class, and someone who's not blue for the umpteenth time:troll: but there was always the possibility that Sakurai thought otherwise and simply use the three everyone was thinking. Thus made me feel pretty sick while I endured the months of wait and those Gematsu fanboys, hoping for her reveal.
Then...it happened.
July 14th. Thought it was going to be Shulk. See Lucina. Go WTF. See Falcon. Two collide. Some attack. Skips heartbeat. Sees Robin.
I should've recorded my reaction somehow. I don't remember what I was saying myself.
Now, not only did I get her, but she has some really nice unique system coming with her, male Robin as a bonus, and Chrom shows up as her FS. That's too much. In a good way.
I've found my SSB4 main, and am going to have a blast for the next few years. a
I just wonder if all of her colors are 4x2, I heard Little Mac has 8x2 and would be very happy if she has as many...

:4shulk:(95%):I really never knew about Shulk until the Gematsu, and I never played the game even then. While I was sure of his confirmation, I was wondering if he has a really original moveset. Then came the video leak, and I thought he was a ripoff of PM Roy. Then Sakurai officially anounced him, and he looked way better. I think I will give the original game a go once it comes out on 3DS.

:4villager:(100%):The series needed some representation, so yeah
:4megaman:(100%):About time. The fact that they had StarForce appear on his FS makes me a bit more happy.
:4wiifit:(70%):Not sure what to make of her yet. I'll try her out in the game, and then I will know what to make of her. All I can say now is that she is Sakurai at his best.
:rosalina:(100%):Liked her as a character, never thought she'd be playable. Will have a blast as her though.
:4littlemac:(90%):Expected. Probably will use him a couple of times.
:4greninja:(90%):While I haven't played much of XY yet, there always was a new gen Poke rep in Smash. And he's looking pretty cool, so why the hell not?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Today's easy as usual

Lucina
95%
A phenomenal character from a great series, and one we didn't need to wind up having but that instead was thrown in as an awesome bonus. I seriously cannot complain.
She's not 100% because based on her clone moveset and particularities, I'm afraid she won't be as powerful since she lacks the tipper. Hoping she plays faster and can compensate for that by really punishing when close up.
I don't envision maining her, but will probably use her now and then due to good memories of Marth in melee and of her in her game.

Also, I'm really ****ing happy that when the time came for another Marth clone, it wasn't Roy. Whenever I'd mention not finding Roy possible I was met with walls of attacks and counter arguments and treated like an idiot, so yea, it's petty but I'm pleased it's an awesome lord and strong female character instead of sword-fire Eliwood.

I also seriously hope we move away from this stupidity of all the female characters being at the bottom of the charts with the mii fighters. I can't be the only one who finds that upsetting. (Especially since someone already mentioned it)

Robin
100%
Let's be honest here. In the entire history of smash 4 speculation, in the entire year and a half of smash trailers ... this is the most pleasant surprise we got, and interestingly the belief in gematsu made it all the sweeter. Easily one of the best inclusions in this game, and one of the best calls Sakurai made.
If there is justice, Robin should be at the top of satisfaction. Mega Man was awesome, but an expected awesome. And WFT was a surprise, but one that took time to grow to appreciate. This one ... it has to be the sweetest surprise we could have gotten.

Shulk
100%
I kind of wish we had done his satisfaction closer to the trailer, but in retrospect that would have just thrown off the entire schedule and been complex entirely.
What bothers me the most about Shulk is the fact that Sakurai completely botched his reveal (complain about Pac-Man all you want, but to me this is a greater one in terms of messing it up.) Establishing as a precedent that he would let people know to watch out for directs whenever there was a reveal, and then giving us a ****ty picture of Multi-man miis instead and then revealing Shulk's trailer to Japan during the worst time possible for the US and only tweeting it in Japan ... yea, I'm still extremely salty about that. So very much, because I was able to ride the hype about every character, every surprise, and at the very end of the whole thing, at what may have been the last character revealed by trailer and not by japan telling the world, Sakurai forgets the west and we get constant pictures of UIs while Japan has a weekend of demo followed by the game.
So yea, the whole situation with Shulk is just awful since the trailer should have been so hype, so awesome, but the situation in which it was presented made it more of a dud than any other character trailer. Even with it being awesome and having stupendous music and everything, it still failed to live up to the hype of stuff like Robin or Greninja.

I mention that mostly to give a rant I've been saving for the topic of Shulk, but in the end note I won't rate down the character based on the conditions of a trailer, since it's kind of stupid and has nothing to do with the character *AHEM*
Shulk himself is being executed phenomenally. The arts looks fantastically interesting and may be an even more complex system than the Luma, and I am really excited to see what a top tier player will do with his arts and his awesome range. His HD visuals also look great, and what he brings from Xenoblade (music, gaur plains, dunban, riki) is all fantastic and feels very natural to the world of smash. I seriously just love everything about the character, and while I don't see him as main potential, I do look forward to using him.
He. just. FITS.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Lucina: 100%
A great character reveal, even if a clone. Plus, she's the closest I'll get to Chrom...

I'm honestly really surprised that I'm such a fan. I've never (and still don't plan on) playing Xenoblade, but his playstyle looks really fun to use. I definitely plan on maining him.

Robin: 0%
In order to prevent angering 95% of this site I'll just leave it at this.

D

Deleted member

:4robinm::4robinf:100%: The award to the 2nd most hype trailer goes to… Robin! He killed Gematsu, and I got a laugh out of mocking Chrom, as cruel as it was to his fans. Not to mention that he has a great moveset, seems fun to play, and I really liked it when he said "And… Thoron!" for some reason. :laugh:
:4lucina: 100%: It was Lucina, or nothing. I'll take Lucina for simple diversity. Plus I have a friend who wanted a Chrom and Lucina team, and it was so close to fruition.

:4shulk: 100%: You Will Know Our Names is epic, he isn't as bland as the leak showed, and I like him.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Shulk: I'm really feeling it! 1000000%

Was my most wanted character by the length of the Nile, even managing to overtake Mewtwo. As long as he was in the roster would be fine no matter who else got in. And then we got that trailer, and it was the amazing Xenoblade fanservice I never even dreamed we would actually get. Shulk playable with a moveset that true to the game, an incredible mechanic that makes him one of the most unique and interesting characters in Smash. A beautiful Gaur Plains level, the soundtrack, Riki and Dunban appearing for the final smash, Metal Face as a stage boss, and of course the glorious British voice acting. Heck the first thing that happens in the trailer was Shulk backslashing a creature who was minding its own business for no reason as soon as possible, which is what basically 90% of the game is. Xenoblade was one of the best games of the last generation, it's one of my favourite games ever.

The fact that a great, recent IP is getting so much representation in Smash is a great vindication for the series and Monolith. From a game that we had to convince Nintendo to localise to getting a character in Smash and the sequel being one of the premier titles for the Wii U. I can't remember who said it in the Shulk thread, but there was poster that claimed this was because of the fans, it was our doing, and they were right. Operation Rainfall was all about the fans letting Nintendo know how much we wanted this game and wanted to support it, I'd say it went pretty well.

Kay there's no way I can be bothered writing near that much for the FE crew, so I'll just say Robin was one of the few other characters I cared about getting into the game, and Lucina's pretty cool.
Lucina: 70%

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Robin satisfaction - 100%

Lucina satisfaction - 60%

Shulk satisfaction - 100%

Robin and Shulk were in my five most wanted. Lucina is ok, I like her as a character but being a clone isn't the most exciting role.

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.
If you have rated Robin and Lucina in Satisfaction, check to see what you've said on their day!

Here we are at last... Shulk and Robin. Two of my most satisfied newcomers and two of my favorite video game characters. I have written a long speech for both of these characters. This includes how I got introduced to their games, my experiences with them, my personal connections with the characters, my thoughts on their movesets, and my thoughts on their trailers.

Without further delay...
Heir to the Monado, Shulk

Satisfaction: 100%

The time has come… the time is now! I still can’t believe that it actually happened. Even if it was obvious for a very long time, it’s like a dream come true.

The first time I heard of Xenoblade Chronicles was through a friend of mine and he told me how amazing the game was. When I saw the game get a proper release in the US, I thought, “It’s one of the Rainfall games! I guess it’s certainly possible for all of them to get released!” Like an idiot, I skipped out on it first… mostly because I am not a big fan of RPGs (I don’t hate them, but I don’t play them often). When speculation started, I had a hunch that Shulk would get added… I dunno why, I just had the feeling that he would.

I saw that Shulk was a highly requested character, so naturally my curiosity peeked and I scoured to find the game for a very long time at the GameStop that I went to. I didn’t lose any determination of finding a copy of Xenoblade; I knew that I eventually would get one. At long last, the words “Xenoblade Chronicles” met my eyes at my local GameStop. I bought it for $70 and I didn’t care for how expensive it was; I just wanted to see why this game was amazing and why Shulk was so requested. I remember in my car, I was so happy and giddy that I finally got the game that I opened the case for Xenoblade just to look at the disc… it just felt, well, magical for a lack of a better word. I knew that I was going in for quite the adventure.

I was enamored with everything that I saw. It was early in the game and when I was starting to play it, I immediately wanted Shulk in the game. I thought, “He could do so much in Smash! I want to make a moveset for him! He would be incredibly awesome to see!” Xenoblade is a game that I absolutely cherish and love; it’s quite possibly one of the most important games that I have ever played. I loved the characters, the story, the sense of exploration, the battles, the music, the graphics, the areas… just nearly everything about this game. I remember checking my Wii’s Daily Activities just to see how long I played Xenoblade for one day and I’m not kidding, I once played Xenoblade for 8 straight hours! That’s a third of a day! I just didn’t want to put the game down! When I reached the final area, I was upset since I didn’t want the game to end so soon and I wanted it to keep going. I didn’t want the game to end, but I knew that it had to eventually.

As I played through more of Xenoblade, my want for him skyrocketed and I never felt so passionate for a single character in the entirety of speculation. At first, he was a character that I wanted to get in just for more content and have a new franchise be represented in Smash; eventually he became a character that I really wanted in Smash because I thought he deserved it, he comes from a masterpiece of a game, and so much more. My passion for Shulk’s inclusion is heavily seen in numerous posts, especially on this thread where I typed up a long post detailing why I think Shulk had an incredible chance of being playable and I filled it with both pros and cons.

Shulk is my most wanted newcomer not just for the content he would bring or his moveset, but also because I really like the character. He is my third favorite video game character of all-time, only losing to Luigi and Pit. I highly related to him in several points in the story.

[collapse=Xenoblade spoilers]Although I expected it to come, the death of his friend Fiora always made me sad. I felt terribly sorry for him and I know what it’s like to lose a close friend. I could sense how sorrowful and furious he was in that moment.

Shulk was cemented as one of my favorite characters when he came into contact with Mumkhar at Sword Valley. When Dunban was about to kill Mumkhar, Shulk saved him and said that it was wrong to kill him because he is a Homs. Even in moments of revenge and anger, he feels sympathy for those and he knows that he wouldn’t be any better than Mumkhar if he killed him.

I found Shulk to also be an incredible protagonist. He isn’t some dumb, rough, and tough hero who thinks that he is immortal and whatnot. He may have the almighty and powerful Monado, but he knows his limits and he knows that he wouldn’t have made it far without the help of his friends. He is inexperienced as a fighter and while he doesn’t attack his enemies head-on, he isn’t afraid to strike. It was a breath of fresh air just to see a character like him.

If that didn’t tell you how much I wanted Shulk in Smash, then I don’t know what will.

In terms of satisfaction, of course I am satisfied! I didn’t think that anyone would get revealed in that Direct, but I had a feeling that it might be him if they were to reveal someone (and I remember screaming “SHULK! SHULK! HE GOT CONFIRMED! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!” when I saw him on the website in all of his glory). At first I was iffy with Shulk carrying the Monado on his back and the Monado modes, but I grown accustomed to it and I think that the Monado modes do represent using Arts from Xenoblade and what different effects they have. He looks like a very interesting fighter with a tricky learning curve from the looks of things. I dunno if I would main him just yet since I need to see for myself if I can manage his Monado Arts.

The trailer itself was also incredible. It was a love letter to fans as it had a load of references and fan service for Xenoblade fans. I grinned when I saw Shulk use Back Slash on Bowser (who was hilariously distracted by a butterfly) and heard him reference some quotes from Xenoblade by saying lines like “I’m really feeling it!”, “Now it’s Shulk time!”, and “This is the Monado’s power!” It was amazing to see Dunban and Riki in the trailer and have Metal Face be teased. And… THAT MUSIC! YES! YES! YES! YOU WILL KNOW OUR NAMES! YES!!!! I actually lost count of how many times I watched that trailer… probably over 20-30 times that day.

The best part is that Shulk is probably a shoo-in for every game. Since Xenoblade Chronicles is being promoted by Nintendo as their equivalent to Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, it is now a definite series that has its stay in Smash. What this means is that Shulk is now the Marth of Xenoblade; future Xenoblade reps will get in with him instead of replace him. It was also Shulk’s only chance of getting in a Smash game and he succeeded… it was certainly a massive victory for us!

Overall, if you couldn’t tell, yes. I am highly satisfied and Shulk is my most satisfied newcomer. No one can top him for me. I have my most wanted newcomer and my third favorite video game character of all-time in Smash. It was by far one of the most beautiful days for me. Thank you! Thank you Sakurai for including this incredible character from this masterpiece of a game!

BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE MONADO!

What’s important isn’t whether you can see the future or not. It’s the will to make a choice, and the strength to seize your destiny! Our time has come. Our destiny is our own!
-Shulk[/collapse]

Grandmaster Tactician, Robin

Satisfaction: 100%

Before I start this, I will be referring to Robin as a “he” as I mostly know the character as a male.
I must say, Robin has really soared for me. At first, he was a character that I didn’t really care about at all. Over time though, he became one of my favorite video game characters of all-time.

I’ve first heard of Awakening from a couple of friends and I heard about how good it was. I didn’t get it since I have never played a Fire Emblem game and I had no interest in getting Awakening. Like Xenoblade, my interest in the game peeked a little when I heard about how demanded an Awakening character was. I agree that it was pretty inevitable that we were going to get one since it was the most recent installment to the franchise and the one that saved it.

Despite hearing how good Awakening was, I avoided this title because I didn’t want to join in on the Fire Emblem discussions and you don’t get any sympathy from them. Still, I held that Chrom was the most likely candidate. What I thought with Shulk and leaks is that I held that he didn’t need one to get in; the same thing could be applied to Chrom. Even then, I didn’t want Chrom to happen since I thought he would be a boring choice.

I’ve heard of Robin through the boards and, of course, I didn’t have any true connection with him. I heard that he could use swords and magic, so I wanted him more than Chrom due to how he could potentially be more unique, but I didn’t support him initially. I thought that he would be a distant thing because of Chrom.

A close friend of mine often talked with me about Awakening. He is a big fan of the game and he really wanted me to get into the game and to try it out. I told him that, “I’ll think about it, but some parts of the fanbase kinda scare me.” He told me to look past it and play the game for what it is. I told him I would get it when Smash speculation was done since, again, I don’t want to join in on the Fire Emblem discussions.

I couldn’t hold it any longer. I downloaded the demo and I loved what I played. That demo, and the combination of my friend’s conversations, convinced me to download the game. Like Xenoblade, I didn’t want to put the game down. I wanted to see what happened next in the story and what was going to happen next in terms of gameplay. I remember playing the game for 6 hours in one day; I was that hooked.

What stood out to me the most were the characters; I absolutely love many of these characters for what they are and the cast is incredibly diverse with a grim stalker, a gynophobe, a candy-loving thief, a knight with no presence, and a girl who trips all the time. However, I initially wasn’t too big on the main cast of Chrom, Robin, and Lucina. My thoughts on Chrom were still the same; I thought that he was bland. Lucina was an OK character to me, but I was highly indifferent on her.

As for Robin… as I’ve stated at the beginning, I just didn’t care for him and I thought that he was bland as well. My main gripe with him before was that he was meant to be me but he has none of my qualities. That was wrong of me to do since I interpreted the character wrong; I interpreted Robin as me… not as Robin. When I started to interpret Robin as his own character, I started to love the character even more. I appreciated the character more for being a crafty, tactical genius. He doesn’t rush into danger without some sort of plan (including back-up plans); he always has something on his mind, he is organized, and he is determined to make sure his friends are safe and alive. He knows that he can’t succeed without the bonds of his friends (and family) and he wouldn’t have made it far without them. His backstory also greatly intrigued me; I actually like mysterious characters like Robin as it leads to more character development and it gives the player a sense of, “Who am I playing as? Where did I come from?” As we see more of what happens, I felt sympathetic towards Robin and he does have a bit of a tragic past. Recently, by unlocking a couple of his supports, he became one of my favorite video game characters of all-time and I greatly appreciated him. I would probably list him as my 6th favorite video game character (tied with Tharja and behind Luigi, Pit, Shulk, Kirby, and Ganondorf). Sometimes, I thought in his supports, “Wow! I would actually say something like that!” So, I connected with him a lot more and I find him to be an incredible hero and character.

In terms of Smash, I wasn’t so interested in the sword-play, mostly the tomes. I think that a tome based moveset in Smash would be interesting and I thought that Robin could kind of have this moveset (I should mention that my Robin is a strict tome user). The night before he got confirmed, I was thinking that we would get Shulk or Chrom and I came in his support thread and I gave him my incredibly late support. I started to want him in Smash, but I didn’t expect it.

The next day, my mind was blown. I thought, “I JUST SUPPORTED ROBIN YESTERDAY! HAHAHA! WOW!” In any case, I was hyped for him and my hype for him has been growing since his reveal. I sense that a lot of love went into his moveset and it is by far one of the most creative movesets in Smash. He greatly represents Fire Emblem with his limited sword and tome use; this makes his moveset heavily based on tactics, something that every Fire Emblem character has failed to represent in Smash and this is a big aspect of the games.

His trailer is the best by far! It greatly represented a game that I loved; it gave every character equal representation, showcased Robin’s gameplay perfectly as it captured both the essence of Fire Emblem and Awakening, had some build-up towards who was going to save Lucina from Captain Falcon (I remember thinking, “Wait? Is that ROBIN?! Wow…!”), and the Awakening cutscenes were amazing. It was just perfect in my opinion. I remember watching that trailer a couple of times, I listened to Id~Purpose for a very long time after his announcement, and I was hyped so much that I changed my icon to Robin on other websites. I still grin to this day hearing Robin say lines like, “It’s going to be alright.”, “Time to tip the scales!”, “Smash has many powerful foes, Lucina. But I am no ordinary swordsman!”, and “I can only use them so many times, which is why I carry my Levin Sword!” Also, I liked the end of the trailer with Chrom saying, “I suppose I’ll get my chance… another day.” As an Awakening fan, this trailer really makes me happy since it perfectly represents the game and even with how far the franchise has come at the end when we see Marth and Ike begin to fight Robin and Lucina.

Robin was by far the best choice for Awakening as he represents the game perfectly with his gameplay. He represents Awakening far better than Chrom could, who would only represent his popularity and that he is that game’s lord with a sword. Sakurai and the public seem to agree since Sakurai chose Robin on the merits that he could represent Fire Emblem’s tactics with his gameplay and the public downloaded Awakening because Robin showed that Fire Emblem is more than just blue-haired swordsmen to the uninformed.

If I didn’t show you how glad I am he is in the game, check my signature; I took out a character just to make room for Robin. Yeah, I joined in on the Robin train at the last minute, but I am more than satisfied with what we have here. If I played Awakening earlier, I would most likely be as passionate for Robin as I am with Shulk (I probably would have made a giant post for Robin; I think that this long post alone makes up for some lost time). I am even considering having him be one of my mains; I just have to see if his gameplay is for me.

Robin, I’m glad that you’re here and I like to thank Sakurai for representing this amazing game with him. This is by far the best choice that you have made for Awakening representation!
TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!

We’re not pawns of some scripted fate. I believe we are more. Much more… There’s something between us all. Something that keeps us together… Like… invisible ties, connecting us.
-Robin

As you can tell, I love both of these characters; they are amongst my favorite video game characters of all-time and I love the games that they come from.

If you haven’t played Xenoblade Chronicles: You are doing yourself a major disservice. The game is absolutely incredible and massive with fantastic gameplay, characters, story, and music. Please, I beg of you, try to find a copy of the game at your local GameStop or online. If you can’t, then watch Chuggaaconroy’s Let’s Play of the game; it’s a very good and a very informative Let’s Play. You should at least get to know Shulk more before playing Smash.

If you haven’t played Fire Emblem: Awakening: You are missing out on quite a lot. If you haven’t played strategy RPGs before or haven’t really gotten into Fire Emblem before like me, then pick this game up or download it since it’s a good starting point. The game has amazing characters, music, gameplay, and story. I believe the Smash sale will reduce the sale price of this game on the eShop soon, so you should take advantage of it and get the game then!

Lucina
Satisfaction:
40%

Unfortunately for the Foreseer, I don’t have much to say about her.
She isn’t my favorite female character in Awakening; someone won my gaze for that title. Still, I kinda like her since she is a strong female lead and we lack those nowadays.
In Smash, he falls under the category of a character that I like but would rather not see in Smash. I’m not a big fan of clones and I didn’t want her for that reason.
I gave her a 10% boost from before because I have a lot of friends who absolutely love Lucina and are ecstatic to see her in Smash (I believe that two of them will have Lucina ditto battles on day one). I am at least glad that she got in for their sakes.

BONUS ROUND!
Bowser Jr.
Satisfaction:
100%

I am part of the minority when I say that I like Bowser Jr. I have fond memories of going to the first level of Pinna Park in Sunshine just so that I could hear him call Princess Peach his mother; I always found that scene to be stupidly hilarious. I like his character and how mischievous he is and how he is willing to help his father no matter what.
He was my most wanted newcomer in Brawl and I was disappointed when he didn’t make the cut. When Rosalina came along, I lost all hope for him. Now, seeing him here, I am extremely glad and surprised that he did! It’s a dream come true for me and I’m glad to see it is finally fulfilled.
Although we haven’t seen much of him outside of the leaked footage, I can say that he is my fourth most satisfying newcomer. He just looks interesting as a fighter in the Koopa Clown Car; I think that it’s better that he’s fighting in it rather than fighting with his magic paintbrush since it leads to a more creative moveset.
I’m glad that he finally made it in after all this time.

My overall scores:
Little Mac: 100%
Bowser Jr.: 100%
Mega Man: 100%
Villager: 100%
Pac-Man: 90%
Greninja: 60%
Lucina: 40%
Palutena: 10%
Wii Fit Trainer: 10%
Rosalina: 0%
Mii Fighters: -300% (0%)

Oh! If you've read all of this, congrats! Here's two of my favorite songs from both games!
(oh! and watch this to see the lyrics to Id~Purpose! they're short, but they are oh-so beautiful)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Robin and Lucina: -9000%. They aren't Chrom, so yeah, no way i'd be satysfied.
Picky picky, aren'tcha?
-----------
:4lucina: = 100%
Now as a guy who Super-Mains :luigi64: in 64 and :drmario: in Melee, as well as Normal-Maining :roymelee: in Melee and :lucas: in Brawl, I am perfectly OK with clones. :4lucina: is no exception, especially because I love Marth's playstyle, but I can't for the life of me get a Tipper, even if I tried. So :4lucina: is there as a Balanced out Marth. Which--ironic as it is--makes her the only "Easy" Clone, as :luigi64::drmario::ganondorfmelee::pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee: and :lucas: always brought something new that made them a tad harder, but worth it--atleast, for everyone but Pichu. Lucina is the only clone that makes her a More Balanced version of her Clonee--an Easy-to-Use Marth, if you will--with shorter height and faster speed to boot.

:4robinm::4robinf: = 95%
Oh goodness, I love Robin. I've been asking for YEARS for a Mage to be in Smash Brothers, like Black Mage, or whoever Nintendo can pull outta their ptooties, but using the literal MAIN protagonist of FE:A, not only being your Avatar, but also being a Main, Plot-Important Chatacter in a series like FIRE EMBLEM, is a pretty good replacement for Black Mage's Ideas.
The only problem I have with Robin, ironic as it is, is his/her Color Swaps.
All it does is change the hair. That's all it does. I don't even think it changes the Hair COLOR.
Just imagine if you have Player Display and Outlines off and a bunch of Robins all looking the same are just running around you, you can't tell what player's what unless you look REAAAAAALLY CLOSE or use the Touch-Screen Tracking-Device. Makes it challenging, y'know?

:4shulk: = 100%
Just as Villager in my previous entry was anti-climatic, so is Shulk.
He looks like me. That's all.
...Also, I'm really feeling it. (His Moveset's awesome too)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
:4robinm:-100%- Love having an FE magic user in Smash. That fact he kicks ass according to the demos is even better.
:4lucina:-110% - Bias. A lot of bias here.
:4shulk:-90%- Has a unique playstyle, although points are docked for his sexualization of men.

zon770

Smash Rookie
Lucina The Slayer of Gematsu: 90%
It's the closest thing I'll get to Roy.

Only mage in Smash, and a great one at that.

Shulk: 85%
Never played XenoBlade so I'm not connected to the character, but I like the stance changing.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Lucina - 90%
Awakening is my favorite game ever, and I really love Lucina as a character.

Robin - 80%
Again, Awakening is my favorite game and I really like the Avatar as a character. The only reason he has less than Lucina is because I don't think I'll like his gimmick.

Shulk - 20%
I have a grudge against Shulk because of the spam fest that is the Shulk thread, and his moveset doesn't seem very interesting to me.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Coming down the home stretch, I see.

:4lucina:: 100%
She's my #1 go to character, the thread about maining Lucina owned by yours truly. As soon as I started playing Fire Emblem Awakening, I fell in love with Lucina right off the spot.

:4robinf:: 100%
It's also pretty cool that we finally have our first Magic User from Fire Emblem in Smash. I bet a lot of people didn't even know that Magic in Fire Emblem was a thing. I would shoot for Micaiah as DLC though.

:4shulk:: 100%
Nice to see him since Chuggaaconroy is currently doing a lets play of Xenoblade Chronicles

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
:4lucina: 65%
Never really played Marth, so I guess she'd be in the same boat. I originally thought she was just a Marth alternate when I saw the trailer (which used to be the case, incidentally) but she turned out to be a clone. Meh, if fits for her in universe because reasons pertaining to her Kirby hat. Not really a fan of the pure cloneness though. I was ok with her existing as the only pure clone when she was, but then she allowed other pure clones to come by, and DP and Dr I am NOT happy about. Sakurai needs to make those mistakes up to me (and others, since I know most people are not happy with them) by giving us Mewtwo and Ridley

:4robinm: 100%
Whoa, he looks awesome! The sword/mage style is completely unique and I for one can't wait to see it in action. Plus, he has a female alt so that's cool too. Nothing to complain about here. Also, awesome trailer for these two.

:4shulk: 75%
Another one I don't know his games, so meh. I'm nervous about the switching mechanic since it seems to make the character really complicated, but I'll find out. The trailer was weird, though. Not a big fan of his incredibly thick accent, though. It just doesn't seem to fit the character's art style. But then again, I saw the main page for the game, and they had voice clips from the other characters who sounded even worse (a 13 year old looking anime princess who sounded like Ivy from SoulCalibur?!? I was expecting Xianghua.) I'll get used to it.

Folt

Smash Ace
:4robinm: 100%

Character from one of my favorite series who uses tomes? Yesss! He's A male spellcaster? Heck yeah! He primarily uses lightning magic instead of fire? Let's tack on more yay points! He can use dark spells as well, and it's NOSFERATU?! YYYEEEESSSS!!!!! He was the major reveal in that trailer? Oh yeah. CHROM IS SUMMONED AS HIS FINAL SMASH?! BRING ON THE HYPE!!!!

(Oh, and most of the points above would apply to :4robinf: as well.)

:4lucina: 50%

She's alright. Unlike most Awakening fans, Lucina never clicked for me and I actually prefer Chrom to her. Still, she was never the major reveal in the trailer with her and Robin which is fine by me since having a major reveal being a clone (and an FE character being a clone of another FE character at that) would hae been really hype deflating. As such, she was a fine addition.

:4shulk: 99%

Xenoblade Chronicles owned! Shulk also owned as a main protag which is impressive considering most male main protags in JRPGs tend to be rather average. I like that he is a stance character who gets strengths and weaknesses depending on his stance Monado Art. But I really love that Riki and Dunban, my two favorite characters, get to take part in his Final Smash. Also, the world needs more British English (and accents) in their JRPGs.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
:4robinf:- 99% - No, she isn't Micaiah, but she is the next best thing that had a chance to get in from Fire Emblem, (Well maybe Anna was better I don't really know.) Anyway, it was hype city when she was announced because her game play looks fantastic, and she was a much better choice to have in the game than Chrom. Thank you based Sakurai.

:4lucina: - 95% - The last of the three newcomers that we've seen that I really do like. Yes, I would have preferred her to be less of a clone, but she's still awesome. Lucina and Robin personality wise were much stronger than the boring old Chrom, and I'm glad I got a female Fire Emblem character who is only female. The females in Fire Emblem are too amazing not to get represented. Oh, not to mention, I hate Marth and was a Roy main, so I'm really glad to have her.

:4shulk:- 10% - See when people kept telling me about him, I thought he would be a really cool fighter, so I was okay with his inclusion. But with his terrible accent, and really boring move set (from what I have seen), I think it would have been better if he hadn't joined.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Lucina - 50% - Eh. I'll admit I like her better than Chrom, and the fact that she was a "bonus" more than a character that took development time is enough to put her in my good graces. Still, I don't think I'll be growing attached to her: she already feels like she's going to be cut for the next game.

Robin - 85% - I'll admit that most of my dislike comes from being salty due to me preferring Anna over the two of them. Still, I gotta admit that busting Gematsu, showing off some magic, and having a mildly reasonable gimmick keeps him in my good graces. I still think we should get a stave user, though...

Shulk - 55% - He looks kinda cool, and he may deserve it, but overall I'm nearly as apathetic about him before his reveal as I was afterwords.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
More Triple-100%s.

And I mean it this time. We got Lucina, Robin, and my most wanted, Shulk.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Lucina 100% It makes sense she is a clone, she is the best wife in video games IMO, and I don't mind clones! It also hurt Chrom fans badly, and that I love! My apologies to people who really wanted Chrom, I just hate the guy, not you
Robin 100% FE character who isn't a blue haired swordsman? Yes please!
Shulk 100% He is a bit like Ike, one of my mains, and You will know our names is in there aswell

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
:4lucina: 75%

I actually been a quiet supporter of Lucina. When the swords clinged and the blue hairs came into view, I really thought it was Chrom. Then Lucina I was like holy **** hype.
But her being a clone did make me cringe quite a bit though :/

:4robinm: 95%
Mage hype. I like his playstyle and HIS HAIR <3

:4shulk: 80%
New IP representation although another swordsman. But he is really interesting! ^^
The leak did killed half of my hype for him though :|

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Lucina: 85%
I'm glad to see more female characters, even if Lucina is a clone. I haven't played Awakening, so I don't have as much investment in her, but she seems awesome.

Robin: 90%
Robin definitely intrigued me when they were revealed. Interesting moveset, ability to use male or female alts...Robin just seems like a great character to me.

My most wanted newcomer made it in. It's impossible to describe how happy I am, and how much it meant to me to see him make it in. I think @Brawler610 summed it up pretty well. I'm just so happy, there's really no other way to put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom