• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Shulk as an Assist Trophy
Chance: 0%
Want: 0%
I got that sneaking suspicion that Shulk is playable, even with Gematsu dead.

Bandana Waddle Dee
Want: 78%
Would be nice, but it's a pipe dream

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Shulk

Chance - 20% - You know, I'm staring to think we're falling into a trap, where a character absolutely MUST be represented by playability or nothing. It's become something of blind side we fail to take into account Honestly with this in mind I may have slightly overrated Shulk previously. As for him being an assist trophy, I ask "Why not?" Especially sense it won't be long until release.

Want - 50% - Have I established I don't care for him in the slightest?

Bandanna Dee

Chance - 20% - Getting so close to release, I give him a slightly lower score than he has had pre-Gematsu.

Want - 75% - I'm starting to notice a number of characters I want haven't been checked off, so there's a bit of a decrease. Still want him in, though.

Predictions

Dr. Mario - 14.35% - Go die in a hole, leak.

Lana - 1.23% - Wow, a Hyrule Warriors exclusive character. Good luck with that.

Nominations

"Moonstruck Blossom" X5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Shulk AT Chance: 1% With the new roster leak in mind, I think every newcomer I'm going to rate here that's NOT one of the newcomers from the leak is automatically downgraded to 5% and I won't put much thought into it. Which means Shulk being an AT is less than a 1% chance of happening.

Bandanna Dee: 5% I still don't a 4th Kirby character as necessary until Dee becomes more important and has a more interest moveset concept.

Nominations:
x5 Duck Hunt Dog

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Shulk as an AT

Chance: 25%
Anything goes in my eyes. There's an off-chance that he really could just be an assist character.

Want: 50%
I'm indifferent.

Bandanna Dee

Chance: 30%
I don't know too much about the current state of the Kirby series, but I find his inclusion to be a bit doubtful.

Same as Shulk.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It seems I've won some extra nomination points c: Just a question, for when the next day comes up, how would I use/distribute said extra points?

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Shulk as an AT:

Chance: 50%

Want: 100%

I'm not a fan of Xenoblade and another swordsperson playable just doesn't sit right with me, but he does need to be in smash somehow so AT is A-OK for me.

Bandana Dee Playable

Chance: 66%

Sakurai is definitely playing favorites with his own franchise, as seen by Kid Icarus getting EVERY SINGLE ITEM THERE IS. We know that no Kirby rep is getting cut in Sm4sh as Meta Knight was just revealed, Triple Deluxe came out recently and B-Dee is bigger in that then Meta Knight, and we haven't seen a new Kirby stage at all. I think it would be good to reveal B-Dee along with a Kirby stage, something from Return to Dreamland or Triple Deluxe. Also, he is NOT a generic waddle Dee. Check out his character thread if you want to know why.

Tl;dr: BANDANA DEE FTW

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Abstain on Shulk. Prior to the 'leak' I was going towards him being an AT, but now with the leak a thing I'm not sure anymore... I don't think it's real, but it's having too much effect for me to give a valid answer.

Thanks to the leak I now want Shulk to be an AT simply because the leak makes him out to be an Ike clone... Seriously, being a clone is a worse fate than being a unique AT, and wasting his Monado abilities like that is a massive insult. If he were a unique newcomer he'd also get a 100%, but right now with the weight of a clone Shulk on the table I would have a huge moment of relief if we got a Shulk AT appearing.

Bandanna Dee: 1%
It's too late, and he's not got a veteran life-line anymore. One could have argued the full gang could have appeared in a trailer together but Meta-knight has scuppered that one, and he's not enough to be there alone... he's just not big enough to hype the game anymore... and either way I'm now tending towards Magalor being the more likely 4th Kirby rep (in Smash 5).

I'm sick of him. Even though I would like a spear guy seeing him playable will be a much of as hype kill as Bowser Bot and Shike as playable now-a-days. Maybe I'd grow to love him, because he is a move set I was previously interested in, but you have ruined my enjoyment of the Character.

Dr Playable: 67.8%
Because people are drawn to matters of the moment.

Dr Alt: 32.1%
Because people are also bad at being realistic.

Lana: 1.6%
Someone's going to think this is more likely than it is... honestly she's not even going to make an AT, though she would be a friggin' awesome one if she did!

Dragon Quest*5

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Can't be bothered with explanations today.

Shulk AT
Chance: 10%
Want: 80%

Bandana dee

Abstain predictions

Nominations
Duck hunt x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Results Tab Updated

Would anyone like to help rerate Impa because of Ghirahim's deconfirmation?

Shulk AT - Double Zeroes. I am convinced he is playable, with or without any leak.

Bandana Dee - 4% chance, 0% want

predict:
Dr. Mario playable - 40%
Dr. Mario alt costume - 40%
Lana - 1%

nominate - Impa x5

Burruni

Smash Hero
Shulk AT
Want - 5% - This is basically a fallback in case he isn't playable. I have every belief in him being in despite saying that this ESRB leak is a miserable little pile of lies.
Chance - 5%.

Bandana Dee
Want - 90% - He's honestly the last character that I "wrote in" that still has a strong enough chance of coming by. I want the Dee.
Chance - 60% - He's the Rosalina of Kirby games with a weapon that nobody uses yet in Smash. Since Palutena not being part of Pit's final smash was evidence for her being playable, is not a playable Waddle Dee not also plausible from the Dedede change to Gordo Toss? If Sakurai could give R.O.B. a unique moveset, there's no reason why Bandana Dee can't. With all the weaponry Waddle Dees have used throughout the series alongside his spear, there's potential. He's the only 4th Kirby rep foreseeable, why not have him included now and not later?

Dr.Mario - 90% chance as an alt, 5% chance playable, 5% not in the game.

Lana - 5%. A big case of too little, too late, too minor.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Shulk as an AT:
Chance: 25%
Unlikely, but Isaac and Saki have both been made this in the past. He's either playable or this, but the smart money is on playable.

I'm indifferent to Shulk, but I feel like he should be in the game somehow. He deserves that much.

Bandana Dee:
I don't know anymore! He could be? Like he's a dark horse candidate, and seems to be a beloved Kirby character, but he could easily be passed over as many other beloved individuals have been this time.

Yep. Bandana Dee love right here. Loved Return to Dreamland, and it'd be nice if at least one battle butler got to be playable....outside Pit I mean.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Shulk AT:
Chance: If I'd have answered last week, I'd put it at a good 75%. Now with the leak, it's definitely in 25% territory. It really looks closer to him being playable.
Want: 50% - Wouldn't mind him being playable, but wouldn't mid AT either

Bandanna Dee:
Chance: I'll say about 35% or so. He is plastered around a lot, but he is still a generic enemy for Kirby.
Want: 10%. Sorry everyone, but there are other characters I would want in over him. At least SSB4 is not giving off the Kirby-game vibe that Brawl did (it feels like a Kid Icarus game instead) with the excess of Kirby and the dearth of Zelda, Metroid, etc it had (but I might be biased), but there is still a lot of Kirby in. I'd like to see some DK/Metroid representation added, since SSB has been giving them the one-finger salute for the past 13 years or so.

Predictions:
Dr. Mario: 85%
Lana: 3%

Nominations:
Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf x5

Burigu

Smash Ace
It seems I've won some extra nomination points c: Just a question, for when the next day comes up, how would I use/distribute said extra points?
You can use them and distribute them in any way you want, it would help if you specify if you spend all your extra points or if you still have some left by the end of your nominations for that day.

Nominations:
Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf x5
Are you nominating him as a costume? as a character?
If as a costume we have a rate on Hyrule Warriors costumes like last week, so you might look at that day it wasn't specific for Ganondorf but to Zelda characters getting HW costumes.

By the way LEVEL UP! Smash Ace

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Are you nominating him as a costume? as a character?
If as a costume we have a rate on Hyrule Warriors costumes like last week, so you might look at that day it wasn't specific for Ganondorf but to Zelda characters getting HW costumes.
By the way LEVEL UP! Smash Ace
Replacing his moveset with that non-Falcondorf moveset more than anything, but the costume is boss. That alone gets all of my want.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Abstain on Shulk.

Bandana Dee;

Predictions:
Doctor Mario (Seperate) 99.999999%
DOWN B
DAIR
SPECIAL FAIR
SO MUCH DIFFERENCES, I LOVE IT
Doctor Mario (Alt) 00.000001%
It could happen, but I don't want it to.

Nominations:
Doctor Mario (Seperate Character) x5

Burigu

Smash Ace
Replacing his moveset with that non-Falcondorf moveset more than anything, but the costume is boss. That alone gets all of my want.
Ok I get it, I asked because that would help @Brawler610 understand the objetive of your nomination, so I suggest you to explain other nominations in the future, at least the first time so people in charge can get what is your idea and explain it to the others in case your nom get to the top, I am confident Brawler will see your reply to me so no need to edit your inicial post. :)

Last edited:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
First time doing this:

Shulk AT

40-50% Chance - Sakurai has always been known for throwing curveballs and considering how many people truly believe Shulk is an in, I wouldn't see it impossible that Shulk would appear as something other than a playable character.
0% Want - Probably deserves to be a playable character.

Bandana Dee
5-10% Chance - Sakurai has stated on numerous occasions that he doesn't want to concentrate too hard on his own franchises. I find it hard to believe that Bandana Dee would get in over than some of the big villians.
0% Want - I still don't get it. Yeah he was playable in one game. He truly is a generic kirby enemy with a bandana, a spear, and some flair. Let's nominate some of the famous goombas like Goombario or Goombella! I mean come on -_-

Nomination:
Geno X5

Weeman

Smash Crusader
*Bandana Dee
-Chance: 10% Don't think he has much chance
-Want: 20% Not a fan of him

*Shulk AT
-Chance: 10% I think he's most likely in, leak or not
-Want: 0% Nope

*Nomination: Four or more third parties x5

D

Deleted member

Before I begin my ratings, I want to say that the leak affects nothing on them. They look convincing, but the pictures also have some instances of them possibly being fake. As such, my ratings on these two won't increase or decrease purely because of the leak.
Shulk AT
Chance:
18%

I've taken this one into a lot of consideration.
I am still on my belief that Shulk is most likely in the game and I still stand by my 80% chance. While I expect him, I still find the possibility of him being an Assist Trophy to be rather likely. If he is not playable, this is most likely the role that he will fulfill. If he is neither, then I think that there is a 1% chance where he will be a mere trophy and a 1% chance of not getting in the game at all.
Xenoblade is Nintendo's newest, uprising franchise and they are promoting this series with X. I doubt that Nintendo and Monolith will pass on the opportunity to promote it in Smash.
I agree on one notion: Having Shulk in the game is better than not having him at all. As such, if he isn't playable, then I would love for him to be an Assist Trophy at least.
...But here's the issue. There is a lot going towards his inclusion. There's some teasing from Monolith and a lot of hints that suggest that he's in. As such, hyping him and then making him this would feel like an insult to Xenoblade and Monolith Soft. They deserve representation.
Shulk is also my most wanted newcomer and one of my favorite video game characters of all-time. Seeing him be some lame Assist Trophy will definitely make me sad...

Bandana Dee
Chance:
35%

I've increased his chance by 5% because Fire Emblem is a less successful and less popular franchise than Kirby and yet it got 4 reps. As such, I think having a 4th Kirby is more justifiable now.
I would add more, but I rather not.
Remember when I said with Gematsu where even though if Bandana Dee and King K. Rool don't make it in, Shulk is enough to appease me for the loss? That isn't entirely true anymore. I don't expect Bandana Dee to get in Smash, but that won't stop me from wanting him in the game. I love the enthusiasm from his supporters and they have given me some hope that he possibly got added.
If we got Bandana Dee revealed this month and not Shulk, I wouldn't mind it at all to be honest. He's my dark horse character; I absolutely love the little guy and I love what he could bring with him. Seeing him would be a pleasant surprise!

Dr. Mario (Character) Prediction: 15.76%
Leaks, leaks, and more leaks!
Dr. Mario (Alt. Costume) Prediction: 50.14%
Slightly more likely than not? I can see the leak and a possible Lucina situation be thrown around.
Lana Prediction: .09%
Too new, too new, too new...

Extra nominations! It's time to tip the scales!
Nominations: Use Your Own Villager/Robin 10x

DAY OVER!
THE FUTURE... DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Shulk Assist Trophy Chance: 10%

I gave Shulk a 75% chance to be playable last time we rated him. I stand by that rating. I think Shulk is likely, and probably will be playable, but there is a very real chance that he may not be. My rating gives that a 25% (or, for some perspective, 1/4) chance of happening. If he isn't going to be playable, then an Assist of him is very possible, but simply not being playable does not guarantee an Assist. It's hard to accurately predict, but I'd say a Shulk Assist Trophy is unlikely, but within the realm of possibility.

Shulk Assist Trophy Want: 40%

Frankly, I want Shulk to be playable. However, I would understand if he is not. While being an Assist Trophy would guarantee that he would not be playable, I think it's better than having no Xenoblade content in the game at all. Also, Shulk being disconfirmed, while very unfortunate, would finally silence some of those stupid "leaks." I would prefer that this does not happen, but I wouldn't be too upset by it.

Nominate: Impa x5

Sure, I'll help the Impa rerate.
That doesn't sound like a bad idea at this point.

Nominating: Impa x5

Last edited:

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Shulk AT

Want: 0% I'd be a shame to see my most wanted as just an assist trophy

Chance: 3%- I'm certain he's playable.

Bandana Dee

Chance - 30%: It depends on if Kirby is getting a newcomer. Sakurai bias is a thing, but it's directed more towards Kid Icarus

Want: 100%- He'd make a great character and is like my sixth most wanted

D

Deleted member

Shulk Assist Trophy
Chance: 12.74%
Want: 30.74%

I had a Vision of Shulk being an Assist Trophy... but wait! It's changing! WHAT! NO! WHY DOES THE VISION END HERE?!
While the want for him as an AT was miles away from him being playable, it is this way because you are either tired of him, rather have him as one, or have him in the game as this than to not have him at all. Many of you are convinced that he is playable.

Bandana Dee
Chance: 27.58%
Want: 59.11%

Bandana Dee dee-dn't suffer from a dee-cline! He used his Spear Copter and rose his chance and want scores! Perhaps it is in light of the Meta Knight or Fire Emblem reveals?
By the way, thank you all for cooperating on this day. We made it through without one Dee-bate. I am proud of each and every one of you!

Today, I am having some Fevers and Chills! What I need is a doctor... thankfully, I have called over Dr. Mario and his assistant Lana!
Dr. Mario wants to be a playable character once more! However, a doctor never quits until he gets the cure, right? So, alongside him being a character, he is being rated as an alternate costume for Mario!
His assistant is the White Witch, Lana. She is a new character in the Zelda and Dynasty Warriors Crossover game Hyrule Warriors. Will her Book of Sorcery aid her in this battle to prove that she is a true warrior?
Please rate Dr. Mario as a separate character & an alternate costume and Lana in chance and want today!

I AM WARNING EVERYONE RIGHT NOW: DO NOT FIGHT ANYONE OVER THE LEAKS WHETHER YOU BELIEVE THEM OR NOT. KEEP THINGS CIVIL!

I have made a decision. Instead of rating 2 concepts in one day, we will now rate 3. My reason? Next week is the last week before this game ends and this week is almost over. I want to push as many things to get rated as possible before this game officially ends. I dunno if we will keep at this though; that decision will fall on @ Groose Groose .
For now, we will be rating Groose Representation, Four or More Third Parties, and Cia from Hyrule Warriors tomorrow. Please predict how these will fair in tomorrow's game!

@FalKoopa
@ Gunla Gunla
Can one of you please change the title of the thread? I can't.

[collapse=Nominations]X117 Groose Representation
X102 Four or More Third Parties
X101 Cia (Hyrule Warriors)
X100 Sonic 3DS Stage (Not Green Hill Zone)
x96 Balance Patches
x96 Dragon Quest Representation
x90 Marshal and Chorus Men Day
x87 City Trial Stages
x81 SSB4 Outsells Brawl
x80 “Destiny” (Awakening)
x75 Unlockable Taunts
x74 Parabo and Satebo
x65 Use Your Own Villager or Robin
x62 M. Bison
x61 Jill Valentine
x60 Unlockable Costumes
x60 Four or More Newcomers
x54 Duck Hunt Dog Rerate
x50 Ditto Pokeball
x50 "Moonstruck Blossom"
x50 Galacta Knight and Dark Meta Knight Costumes
x50 Fiora
x45 Mii Wizard
x44 Micaiah AT
x40 Wreck-It Ralph! (Wreck-It Ralph!)
x40 Petey Piranha(Super Mario Bros)
x40 Star Man (Prowrestling)
x38 NonplayableCharacter to Playable Via DLC
x37 Porky Rerate
x36 Franchise Other Than Fire Emblem With Four Characters
x36 Endless Ocean Stage
x32 Kiddy Kong Donkey Kong)
x32 Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf
x31 Impa Rerate
x30 Playable Bosses Rerate
x30 Wii Fit Meter
x28 Nightmare Rerate
x27 Chef Kawasaki Rerate
x27 Protoman (Mega Man)
x27 Six Mario Characters
x27 Kirby Triple Deluxe Stage
x26 Smash Direct
x25 Tetra and Toon Zelda Day
x25 “Punch Bowl"
x25 Hannebow Stage
x25 Nintendo Land Plaza
x23 Ken Masters
x23 Marina (Michief Makers)
x22 Captain Falcon’s Theme
x20 Cain and Abel
x20 Ganon Rerate
x20 Gaius (Fire Emblem)
x20 Daroach (Kirby)
x18 Sceptile Rerate
x17 Lief
x17 CPU Uses Alternate Costumes
X15 Dedede Arena
x15 Heracross (Pokemon)
x15 Kid Icarus Dog (Kid Icarus)
x15 All Brawl Veterans / No Brawl Cuts
x15 3D World Representation
x15 Team-Up Attacks in Team Battle
x15 Venusaur (Pokemon)
x15 Chaos 0 (Sonic)
X15 Leif (Fire Emblem)
x15 Inkling Assist Trophy
x15 Villain Newcomer (Mewtwo Counts)
x15 Bidoof
x15 Adeleine
x15 Mach Rider Rerate
x15 Bowser Jr. Rerate
x14 Zoroark
x14 Mario Party Content
x13 Standalone Pokemon Trainer Rerate
x11 Captain Syrup Rerate
x10 Gyrardos (Pokemon)
x10 Batallion Was Rifle Grunts (Battalion Wars)
x10 Mallow (Super Mario)
x10 Godot (Ace Attorney)
x10 Billy Hatcher (The Giant Egg)
x10 Different Starting Roster Between Versions
x10 King Boo Rerate
x10 NFC DLC
x10 Dark Pit
x10 Robot Ness Alt Costume
x10 Daisy Rerate
x10 Purchasale DLC Music
x10 Valkyrie Trophy
x10 Crocodile Cacophony
x9 N Rerate
x8 Fossil Fighters (Fossil Fighters)
x8 Charlie (Mario Golf)
x7 Ridley
x7 Zant
x6 Japanese Voice Options
x6 Six Pokemon Characte
x6 Kid Icarus Girl (Kid Icarus)
x5 Mario Party Stage
x5 Cooking Mama
x5 Resetti AT
x5 Secret Newcomers
x5 Quote Rerate
x5 Professor Layton Representation
x5 Dark Pit Stage Boss
x5 Pokemon Center Delivery Pikachu
x5 Metal Overlord Boss
x5 Beedrill Pokeball Returns
x5 DLC Character
x5 Added Assist Trophy Feature
x5 Lip Rerate
x5 Captain Viridian (VVVVVVV)
x5 Rattle and Roll
x5 Sealed Grounds Stage
x5 Yumetao (Famicom)
x5 Rambi AT
x5 Masterpieces Returns
x5 Medli NPC
x5 Airship Stage
x5 Doctor Mario
x5 General DLC
x5 Konami Character
x5 “Bellumbeck"
x5 “Kanto Legendary Battle”
x5 “The Won-Stopable Wonderful 100”
x5 Dark Matter Rerate
x5 Tropical Resort
x5 Kururin
x5 Lysandre (Pokemon)
x5 Masked Man Rerate
x5 Q Bert (Q*Bert)
X5 Toadsworth (Super Mario)
x5 Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe)
x5 Kumatora (Mother/Earthbound)
X5 Tony (Earthbound)
x5 Wuhu Island 3DS Stage
x5 Hades Rerate
x5 Pursuit~Cornered
x5 Smash 3DS Sells 1Mil in One Month
x5 Hooktail Stage Hazard
x5 Unknown Renders Leak
x5 King Hippo (Punch-Out!)
x5 Little Mac Codec
x5 Pokemon Series Newcomer
x5 WayForward Rep
x5 Geno
x5 Vaati
x5 Dr. Mario
x5 Isaac
x5 Ogres and Dronkeys Tag Team [NOMINATIONS DISABLED]
x5 Tharja Rerate
x4 Coco Bandicoot
x3 “Adventure’s End”
x3 Jigglypuff Rerate
x3 More Pokeall Pokemon
x3 E. Gadd AT
x2 Isa Rerate
x2 Gray Fox AT
x2 Spinner Item
x2 NiGHTS Trophy
x2 Kat & Aa (Wario)
x2 Birdo AT
x2 Pyrosphere 3DS
x2 Yoshi’s Story [Melee]\ Stage
x2 Pilotwings Character
x2 Kirby Air Ride Stage
x2 Neku Trophy
x1 Bomberman Rerate
x1 Yuga (Zelda)
x1 Crono Trophy
x1 Ravio (Zelda)
x1 Blaze the Cat
x1 Hilda (Zelda
x1 Ilyana (Fire Emblem)
x1 Idolm@ster Song on Pac-Man Stage
x1 Six Zelda Characters
x1 Giygas (Mother)
x1 Fatal Frame Representation
x1 Newcomers Without a Stage
x1 Customizable Event Matchs
x1 Blaziken Rerate
x1 Non-Final Smash Mega Lucario
x1 Pink Gold Peach (Mario Kart)[/collapse]

Last edited by a moderator:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Dr. Mario Character Likelihood: 50%

Dr. Mario Costume Likelihood: 50%
Want: 90%

Lana Likelihood: .05%
Want: 10%

4+ more newcomers x5

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Dr. Mario:

Same score I'd give the leak. Could be real, could be fake.

Want: 20%
Ehhhh.....

Alt:

Chance: 20%
The leak hurts this, but I could possibly see this happening otherwise.

Want: 80%

Definitely beats a playable version.

Lana:
So obviously the leak is an obstacle for Lana. But let's pretend that it's false. Then there is the issue of Hyrule warriors (and her creation) being too close to release. But let's pretend she was designed ahead of time. Then there is the issue of putting in a character from a game that could absolutely bomb commercially. But let's pretend that Nintendo is positive that Hyrule Warriors will be a success. We already know that one of her standout features, summoning Cuccos, is already an item. But let's say that they never intended on putting that in her moveset. Then there is the possibility that she won't be accepted because she is a one-off character. But let's pretend that that does not matter in the slightest. Yet there are always more relevant Zelda reps that could get in, such as Impa or Toon Zelda. But let's pretend that they have already been AT'ed. Then there is the issue of her Tecmo Koei preferring to have one of their more well-know characters represent them in smash. But let's pretend that they insist on Lana. I've been pretending quite a bit, haven't I? Only under the impossibility of all of these issues being met could Lana ever get in. 0%, and I can only presume that any score above 5% is trolling or ridiculously biased.

I have no interest in Hyrule Warriors.

Nominating Impa x5

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Playable Doc: 100% Chance / 50% Want
Costume Doc: 0% Chance / 0% Want
Lana: 0% Want / 75% Want

5x Bowser Jr

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Dr. Mario Playable:
Chance: 10% - He just doesn't seem like he should be playable anymore. I think Sakurai will be able to make is so regular Mario can throw pills as an alt.
Want: 90% - I loved the guy in Melee

Dr. Mario Alt:
Chance: 90% - It's just too perfect of a set up
Want: 90% - I'm fine as long as he's playable in some way.

Lana
Chance: 10% - Micaiah clause. Too new for one smash, too old for the next.
Want: 95% - I don't play Zelda but I love her design.

Predictions:
Groose Rep: 34%
Cila: 4%
4 or more 3rd parties: 43%

Nominations:
Micaiah AT x 5

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Playable Dr. Mario
Chance - 50%. That's all I'll say on this matter.
Want - 1%. If anything Mewtwo is more deserving of the "returning Melee vet" role imo. And if Doc is extremely cloney, well...even more points against him

Dr. Mario as an alt
Chance - 50%
Want - 100% - would prefer this to playable Dr. Mario.

Lana: abstain

Predictions:
4+ Third Parties - 30%
Groose - 8%
Cia - 2%

Nominations:
I will use 4 of my extra nomination points here, leaving one left over for future use
"Captain Falcon's theme" x 5
Fiora x 3

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Dr Mario (solo):
Chance: 100%
Even without the roster leak his chances soared thanks to Lucina's reveal. If a minor change like Marth's tipper constituted one of his planned costumes to become their own fighter than I see no reason for the same to not be done for doc and his pills/lack of F.L.U.D.D.
It'll be great having my melee main back; bonus points if he retains his/Mario's old melee moveset!

Dr Mario (alt)
See above on why I believe this is an impossibility even without the leak. I would've been perfectly fine with this though if Lucina had ended up a Marth alt.

Lana:
Chance: 2%
I'm inclined to believe if we still have a few more unrevealed newcomers and if one of the is from the Zelda franchise, it'll be Impa. Hyrule Warriors is simply too new at this point IMO. Since the game is not out yet, I'm neutral on her inclusion.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Lana

Chance: .01%
Hyrule Warriors and her are too new.
Want: 25%
Prefer Tingle, Tetra or Impa for a new Zelda rep.

Dr. Mario As an Alternate Costume

Chance: 12%
Want: 15%
It would be a nice homage to Melee.

Dr. Mario as a Playable Character

Chance: 45%
I give that leak a 40% chance as of now. Since Dr. Mario is included in that leak, his scores raise by 40%.
Want: 25%
He'd be cool. He was a fun choice in Melee.

Predictions
Groose Representation: 36.5%
Cia: 2%
4 or More Third Parties: 40.43%

Nominations
Endless Ocean Stage x5

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Ugh we rated Dr. Mario like a couple weeks ago...

Dr. Mario (Own Character)
Chance: 5%
I don't believe this leak. There is plenty of things wrong with it that many people overlook for some reason. I've said this before, but I'm not going to believe a leak the second it's put out. it took me around a year to warm up to Gematsu, I'm not suddenly going to believe a leak that's less than a week old. 5% is the chance I give for the leak being real, because I don't see him getting in if the leak is fake

Would be a waste of a roster spot. Many people have reported that regular Mario now plays alot like Dr. Mario used to play, so there is flat out no need for him

Dr. Mario (Alt for Mario)
Chance: 90%
One of the most likely alternate costumes not just for Mario, but for the game in general. When most people bring up the idea of alts, Dr. Mario almost always is the first thing to come to mind. I know some people want him to be a full playable character again, but I feel like that's a minority, and a skin would all around please more people

Dr. Mario would be cool to play as, but not if he gets his own roster spot. It'd be awesome if they went all out and even reskined his fireballs to look like pills (but that's probably a stretch). I've always been an avid supporter of alternate costumes, so seeing one of an old Smash character would be perfect.

Lana
People SERIOUSLY overstate the importance of Hyrule Warriors. It's a Spinoff Game not a main series Zelda. I HIGHLY doubt it will get recognized by Nintendo down the line in the Zelda canon. Because of that, is it really much better off than the CD-i games (aside from quality)? Spin-offs are notorious for their lack of representation in Smash outside of trophies. Why did it take four games for something Paper Mario related? Why has their never been any Pokemon Spin-off representation? Spin-offs, (especially when made by 3rd parties) hold zero importance to the main franchise, and Hyrule Warriors is no different. Not only that, but the game is WAY too recent, nor is she as memorable other one-time characters like Ghirahim. She's not happening.

I don't want such needless character additions, and the game doesn't look THAT interesting to me.

Nominations
Balance Patches x5

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Playable Dr. Mario:
Chance: 60% - I need to wait and see.
Want: 0% - One Mario is enough, thank you. I'm not even happy that Zelda and Samus are taking two slots, and Zelda's my secondary.​

Alt Costume Dr. Mario:
Chance: 40% - Still need to wait and see.
Want: 80% - I love the idea of characters having different costumes instead of just recolors. I didn't see too much difference in Melee between the Dr. and Mario, besides the vitamins. Give him the vitamins as an alt special, and done.
Lana:
Chance: 0% - HW is too late for her. Sorry.
Want: 10% - No. There are loads of good Zelda characters, and we don't really know her much outside of her being a stereotypical animeish teenage sorceress. I hope there's more to her than that, but that's what we have now. I'd rather have Midna. Or Ghirahim. Or Impa.
Predictions:
4+ Third Parties: 13%
Cia: 5%
Groose Rep: 73%
Nomination:
Promote NPC (Assists) to Playable via DLC x5​

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
To get the mood going:

Dr. Mario Chance:
99% I believe he is getting in not only because the leak completely seals his return and the fact the model shown looks extremely slick and similar to the character models of Smash 4's, but because he's a an important part of Nintendo's history. Dr. Mario's games were one of the best rest received puzzles out there, the games have been in several all time best Nintendo games (Honestly it's the main reason why i think he should have never been removed from Brawl. People do ignore this bit about the doctor really often, it's probably one of the reasons why he was picked as a feasible clone (with the exception of Pichu) back in Melee and Sakurai didn't find the Dr. Mario costume working out well.

And like Dark Pit, his chances get even hotter and better because of Lucina, the addition of semi-clones and the statement of "if the function slightly, they can get their own roster spot.", now seems like an obvious time to add him as a filler clone. I think this time if they are bringing him back as a character, he's probably going to have a refined moveset to make him feel less like a pure clone.

I think overall, I feel really confident about his chances, his importance, his easy feasibility as a semi-clone, and the leak sums out Dr. Mario's great chances at being a playable character in the roster.

Dr. Mario as an alt. Chance: 1% Almost no chance of happening, if Sakurai already stated that it would look odd for Dr. Mario to shoot fireballs back in Melee, then there's just no way he can work as an alt. costume.

Nominations:
x5 Duck Hunt Dog

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Mario as a Playable Character- 70%, That leak was really convincing, but not completely so.
Want- 0%, Horrible, horrible idea for a character. At least Dark Pit is a completely different person. Dr. Mario is Mario in a different outfit. And it pretty much locks out Paper Mario.

Dr. Mario Alt- 20%, Possible.
Want- 100%

Lana- 0.1%
Want- 10%, She's better than Impa at least. Although, I am still mourning the loss of Ghirahim (and Skull Kid and Tingle and Midna).

Groose Representation- 56.7%
Cia- 0.86%
4 or More third Parties- 11.3%

City Trial Stage x5

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Playable Doctor Mario:
Chance: 5%
Until we get a character release whose artwork matches what the leak shows, I will consider it fake. I've been participating in Smash speculation long enough to know that fake, convincing leaks exist, and that they are all over the place. As of right now I will give it a 5% benefit of doubt, because I don't see any way that Dr. Mario will get in if that leak is fake.

GOD. NO.

Doctor Mario costume:
Chance: 60%
Easy, obvious alt costume.

I don't like Doctor Mario. Sue me.

Lana Chance: 0%
Groose has a better chance then her
And Groose would be much better.

Predictions:
4+ 3rd parties: 47%
Cia: 0%
Groose Rep: 87% (Assuming this includes trophy representation)

Noms:
Impa Rerate x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom