• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Andy Chance: 15% Same as Isaac, they don't seem to be doing much to the Wars franchise recently, and Sakurai had already skipped a perfectly good opportunity to add Andy as a unique character in Brawl, I feel he won't be picked again in SSB4.

Brain Age Stage Prediction: 35.47%

Nominations:
x5 Mother 3 Content Without Lucas.

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Pheonix Wright Trophy: 35%
Want: 50% I've, sadly, never played any of his games.

Andy: 1%
Want: 25% Same with Andy, but I know enough about the series to know that it's unlikely that we will get anyone from there any time soon.

Ghirahim: 17.35%
Brain Age Stage: 56.42%

x5 Excitebiker

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Phoenix Wright Trophy:
Chance: 10% - Capcom's Mega Man is playable and thus gets trophies, but Rayman's shows their might be more 3rd part ones... Layton, Snake, Simon, some Sega and Namco ones, and possibly Wright and Ryu.
Want: 95% More third party trophies would make me ecstatic!

Andy: 5% - I like Advance Wars and if we get anyone it'll be him, but I doubt it.
Want: 99% - I'm down for this. After Shulk and a RH Rep, and K. Rool. Since Takamaru is gone and all...

Ghirahim: 16.54% - The Diehard Ghirahim fans will over-rate this. Mark my words.
Brain Age Stage - 58.67% - Likely and hopeful for it.

x5 Warrior of Light

D

Deleted member

Andy
Chance:
10%

I gave him 15% last time. I brought his score down by 5% for a few reasons.
First, the series is still very dormant. We haven't seen an installment in the Wars series for the past few years. This is an issue as the latest trend with the newcomers are that they have come from newer Nintendo games or franchises. We see this with Wii Fit getting representation, Little Mac and Punch Out!!'s revival, Greninja, Palutena, and 2 Awakening characters. Wars doesn't fit into this mold due to its dormancy.
Second, the demand for a Wars rep is rather low. There hasn't been a massive outcry for a Wars rep compared to another Donkey Kong rep or having Shulk from Xenoblade engage the enemy.
While this hurts him, there are two things that he kinda has going for him. First off is that Wars is one of the last long-running, major Nintendo franchises to not have a character in Smash yet. Second, and I'm going this off by research, but Andy is the disputed main character of the Wars games; his situation is more of a Xenoblade scenario where there is a definite main character rather than an Awakening situation where there was constant debate on who the main character is. As such, I think that Andy has a distinct advantage over Sami for that reason; she's one of the main protagonists, but not the main protagonist. As such, I would probably give her something around 5%-7%.
Still, the main issue here is dormancy. If Wars was active like Fire Emblem today, I'm sure that we would have gotten a Wars rep by now.
Want: 65%
I really need to play Advance Wars...
While I haven't played it yet, I would like what Andy brings with him. He would have some potential uniqueness and a franchise with some unique content.
When the speculation is all said and done, I will probably buy his game.

Wow... that was longer than I intended...

Phoenix Wright Trophy
Chance:
50%

Capcom already has content in the game and all of it is Mega Man. Still, it's not outright impossible for Phoenix Wright to get a trophy, especially when he has a major history with Nintendo.
There's not much that I can add really. I see this go either way.
Want: 90%
I haven't played any of the Phoenix Wright games, but sure! Why not? The more the merrier!

Ghirahim Prediciton: 20.16%
Now that he playable in Hyrule Warriors, I can see his scores increase.
Brain Age Stage Prediction: 26.84%
Nothing to say here.

Nominations: Dr. Mario Alt. Costume 5x

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Andy
Chance: 15%
As I've said before there's a very small pool of characters left that have a plausible chance of getting into this game, maybe 10 or so. Andy is definitely one of them. His series is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, that doesn't have a playable rep at the moment, so it makes sense. One of the biggest issues with him is that all the other plausible characters have some sort of evidence in their favor. An RH rep has the Sneaky Spirit, Shulk has those tweets, Ridley has the shadow, K. Rool has the Kremlings, Paper Mario has a stage, etc. Andy is in the same boat as Isaac in that all we have is the lack of their assist trophy. With so few spots remaining on this roster, I can't give him a terribly high score, because there are simply other characters with more evidence in their favor. I think he'll be a front-runner for Smash 5, but right now, I think he falls just short

Want: 10%
I've never played any of his games, so I'm not really attached to him, but it seems like he could be interesting. I'm all for representation, so seeing another series get a rep would be great. However as I said, there are so few spots left, and there are characters I just want more than him
Phoenix Wright Trophy
Chance: 75%
Phoenix Wright has extremely close ties to Nintendo. If Rayman can get one, than Phoenix Wright should, and probably will get one. Nintendo are already working with Capcom with Mega Man in the game, so getting Phoenix Wright shouldn't be THAT hard.. should it?

Want: 100%
Never played any of his games either, but I'm all for trophies. The more the merrier really. It's not like Andy where he has the potential to replace a character. I've seen alot of him across the Internet, and understand how awesome of a character he is. I could easily see a trophy of him screaming his famous "Objection". And it will be glorious
Nominations
Olimar Alternate Costume x3
Balance Patches x2

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Phoenix Wright as an AT: 3%
They already have a Capcom franchise shown, and if they're bringing any more then Monster Hunter, Ghosts n' Goblins and Resident Evil all come before way him... Then there's Street Fighter, Okami and Dark Stalkers to contend with... I just don't see there being that many third party trophies set aside for him to have a decent shot.

Want: 25%
Meh, the three above should be greater priorities, but our favourite ace attourney isn't too bad.

Andy: 33.33%
I'm saying 1 in 3.
The fact we've still not seen any Wars stuff (dat AT) makes me suspicious, and we still don't have a summoner character... but we also probably don't have a stealth character thanks to Takamaru's deconfirmation, so maybe it's just an archetype we're not getting. I still think he's decently likely though.

I like summoner types and stage control, it'd be cool!

Ghirahim: 17.7%
Still no ganondorf, so I think people will be expecting no Zelda newcomer, but we are an overly hopeful bunch here...

Brain Age Stage: 66.6%
It's this of Big Brain Academy and this has the edge.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Phoenix Wright Trophy:
Chance: 10%
Want: 0%

I don't care about him or his series. It just doesn't interest me.

Andy:
Chance: 25%
Want: 30%

I've never played any of the games, but I think the series merits a character.

Nominations:
Ken Masters x3
M. Bison x2

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Collectible Trophy of Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
Chance: 45% - The fact that Rayman is a trophy in this game more or less implies that Ubisoft isn't getting a playable character from their stable. Conversely, Capcom, who would be the 3rd party company to contact for Ace Attorney-related goods, already has it's hat in the ring as far as playable content goes is Mega Man Classic. On one hand, Capcom already teaming up with Nintendo for the game helps with any further negotiations beyond Mega Man. On the other, the fact that Mega Man is the series Sora/Nintendo went with diminishes the opportunity for additional series to be acknowledged. It's a toss-up, but I think Capcom/Nintendo's just gonna settle with Mega Man.
Want: 80% - I mean, it won't really do anything if Phoenix was just a trophy, but I would totally be for getting one.

Andy (Advance Wars) as a Playable Newcomer
Chance: 39% - If everyone is gonna point towards ATs that are still missing as possibly getting a promotion to being playable like Little Mac such as Isaac, then that should count for the Infantry and Tanks too, darn it! While I can't say for certain it specifically would be Andy anymore thanks to the Robin/Lucina trailer (never mind Sami, it could very well be neither of them, like say a villain or Max), I do think Andy would at least be the first consideration, similar to Chrom. The only true issue is how long Advance Wars has been on the backburner, especially when it's another RTS by Intelligent Systems and possibly might be on the low for repping because of Fire Emblem overshadowing it. <On that note, maybe AW just needs it's own return in the vein of Awakening. Please, Nintendo? :p>
Want: 100% - YES. With AW as a military-based game, Andy could have so much more of a thinking dude's character than even Robin. Precisely aim and time attacks correctly with weapons for massive damage, summon unit sprites like a good number of people suggest in the Andy subforum (which might actually have some credence thanks to Pac-Man chucking sprites around), requires proper spacing just like an RTS...Andy could be the perfect candidate for a character you need to plan a course of action ahead of time in order to sweep fights.

Predictions:
Ghirahim (Zelda) as a Playable Newcomer: 56% Chance, 50% Want
New Stage from Brain Age: 29% Chance, 47% Want

Nominations:
Additional Mii Fighter Classes x5

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Andy

Chance: 35% - Sakurai keeps insisting we're almost out of newcomers. There's a couple of characters left I can see coming, and Sora/Nintendo could always surprise me. But out of all that, I don't see Andy being too much of a contender. He's basically in the same lot as Isaac at this point; characters who represent their own franchises, yet their sole content (Assist Trophies) is conspiciously absent.
Want: 7% - Meh. I have never touched an Advanced Wars game in my life. So I have no attachment to him. Not to say there aren't people who do, so that would make them very happy. I would definitely take Andy over many other characters people request on Smashboards though.

Phoenix Wright Trophy

Chance: 80% - Ace Attorney was a game that had it's advent on Nintendo handhelds. It remains one of Capcom's strongest modern Nintendo-bound franchises. I mean, the game practically invented its own genre! If Rayman's trophy is anything to go by, we'll likely see a few Capcom properties get their own trophies as well. This is made even easier since Mega Man leaves the door wide open for them.
Want: 97% - I'm down for this. There's really no harm in having a crispy Phoenix Wright trophy with that famous "OBJECTION!" speech bubble. I also think Ace Attorney's persistence with Nintendo just about makes this deserved.

Nominations

x3 CPU Uses Alt Costumes
x2 NiGHTS Trophy

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Phoenix Trophy
chance 50%
want 50%

There's a few third parties that have been 'loyal' or closer to Nintendo than some of the previous third parties that starred in Brawl *cough*Snake*cough*. Rayman scored a trophy so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for Phoenix to score a trophy. The other exclusive third parties I know about: Layton, Cooking Mama, Izuna, Wayforward's characters like Shantae and Patricia; and potentially Bayonetta.

Andy
chance 10%
want 75%

I'm on the camp that Advance deserves representation, and I believe Andy would have a unique moveset. However some of his competition beats him in a war-like moveset. For example the soldier grunts, although generic, fit the AW theme better. There's also some of the other COs that 'fit' better. However I could see him as a weird/quirky addition similar to Pac-Man where he summons sprites of the AW soldiers. It sucks that Advance Wars and Battalion Wars both have been dormant.

Brain Age Stage: 52.25%
Ghirahim: 26.66%

x5 Star-man (Pro-wrestling)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Phoenix Trophy
chance 50%
want 50%

There's a few third parties that have been 'loyal' or closer to Nintendo than some of the previous third parties that starred in Brawl *cough*Snake*cough*. Rayman scored a trophy so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for Phoenix to score a trophy. The other exclusive third parties I know about: Layton, Cooking Mama, Izuna, Wayforward's characters like Shantae and Patricia; and potentially Bayonetta.

Andy
chance 10%
want 75%

I'm on the camp that Advance deserves representation, and I believe Andy would have a unique moveset. However some of his competition beats him in a war-like moveset. For example the soldier grunts, although generic, fit the AW theme better. There's also some of the other COs that 'fit' better. However I could see him as a weird/quirky addition similar to Pac-Man where he summons sprites of the AW soldiers. It sucks that Advance Wars and Battalion Wars both have been dormant.

Brain Age Stage: 52.25%
Ghirahim: 26.66%

x5 Star-man (Pro-wrestling)
Soldier grunts would never get in over a CO. Andy has competition from other CO's, though. The biggest is probably Sami, since Sami looks more like a proper soldier and would fit the War moveset much better than anyone else. Andy being an original character is actually a problem for him, I think; at least Sami is easy to give a tweaked Snake moveset to.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Andy

Chance - 4% - Cutting his old score in half. Getting closer to release without any sign of representation does not bode well.

Want - 75% - Hey, I'm down for a military tactics to be introduced.

Phoenix Wright Trophy

Chance - 70% - While I'm certain what the stance on third party trophies are, Rayman at least proves that it is possible and with Mega Man in he already has one foot in the door.

Want - 60% - Trophies aren't something I can get exited over, but I'd like it.

Predictions

Brain Age Stage - 46.78% - No clue.

Ghirahim - 21.45% - Mild increase due to Hyrule Warriors appearance.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Andy

Chance: 5%
Unfortunately, things seem grim for him and the Advance Wars series. Not only is Nintendo disinterested in continuing the franchise, but we have yet to even hear anything about it in SSB4.

Want: 65%
I'm all for Advance Wars getting a character.

Phoenix Wright Trophy

Chance: 95%
Okay, if Rayman can get a trophy of his own, then I can easily imagine that Phoenix Wright, a Capcom character, can do the same. In fact, I'm hoping that he'll become an AT.

Want: 95%
Ace Attorney is by far my favorite Capcom franchise. I'd love to see it get represented in some form!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Andy - 7%

Not much to say here.

- Want 65%

Could be interesting at least.

Phoenix Wright Trophy - 65%

There's no doubt in my mind that Rayman won't be the only third-party trophy we get. Phoenix Wright seems perfect for this sort of thing now.

Want - 90%

I have never played an Ace Attorney game in my life....what kinds of fun am I missing out on? I'm not sure. Nonetheless I still think it'd be pretty dang awesome if he did get one.

Brain Age Stage - 36.44%

Ghirahim - 18.85%

Outset Toon Link x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Andy Chance:9.87%

Want:0%

Never really cared about the franchise. I only heard of it through Canada's old gaming competition show Video Game Arcade Top Ten.

Phoenix Wright Trophy

Chance: 75%

Want:50%

If it weren't for that Rayman trophy I would have doubt it but since Ray Man made everyone's jaw drop, there's a good possibility here.

Prediction:

Brain Age: 58.76%

Ghirahim:22.34%

Nominate Valkyrie(Legend of Valkyrie) trophy x5.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Andy

He, like Isaac is in that awkward timeframe which isn't considered retro nor new and exciting.

Want: 80%
Certainly feel Wars deserves a rep, and Andy is probably the most well known option.

Phoenix Wright TrophyChance: 50%Depends if Capcom's only using Megaman or not for trophies.

Why not? Certainly a famous 3rd party. I'd till prefer a Bomberman trophy, a :ayton trophy and a few others before him, but he could do with one.

D

Deleted member

Andy
Chance-5%
Want-50% I'm not paricularly asking for an advance wars rep to get in, but I'm certainly not against it.

Wright Trophy
Want-100%
Chance-10% It's certainly possible due to that Rayman trophy, plus the fact it's a series that releases on Nintendo consoles.

Nomination. Mii Wizard/Mage- X5

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Andy:
Chance:10%
An Advance Wars character just doesn't seem very likely right now.

Want:30%
I prefer Sami.

Phoenix Wright Trophy:
Chance:50%
Like what @ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad said, it really depends on whether Capcom's just using Megaman or not.

Want:80%
I definitely like the character, so seeing a trophy of him would be nice.

Nominate:
Destiny (Awakening) x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Andy
Chance: 3% - I can't see him making it. Advance Wars has not gotten much recognition as of late and Andy wasn't even in the last one.
Want: 36% - The comic in the OP actually made me raise this score quite a bit.

Phoenix Wright
Chance: 10% - I'm completely shocked that we got a Rayman Trophy, but I don't think that's going to mean that we'll somehow get lots of Third Party trophies.
Want: 50% - I just don't care.

Predictions
Brain Age: 61%
Ghirahim: 12%

Nominations: Rundas x5

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
"Court Begins 2004"

This court is now in session for the trial of a Phoenix Wright trophy...

Hmmm...

What seems to be the problem, Your Honor?

Well... it's just been so long since we've done this, hasn't it?
...and judging by today's date, it looks like it will be the last time.

Yes, now that I think about it...
This will probably be the last time.

Very well, then. Let's end this with style.
Are the defense and the prosecution ready?

The defense was born ready, Your Honor!

Mr. Godot? Are you alright?

Of course. It's Trite that I'm worried about.

Um... he seems fine to me, Mr. Godot.

Oh, he's quite fine now, Your Honor.
The thing is, I'm not so sure he'll be fine
in a couple of minutes. You see, I'm about
to break his spirit and crush his dreams.

Same old Godot...

Just wait... here comes a coffee metaphor...

After today, Trite's outlook on life will be as empty
as the cup of coffee that I had with breakfast today.

Knew it.

Well, we've dawdled long enough. Mr. Godot,
I presume you'd like to call a witness to testify
in order to prove a trophy of Wright is unlikely?

Correct, You Honor. I'd like to make this case brief.
The prosecution calls Detective Gumshoe to the stand.

Witness, please state your name and occupation.

The name is Police Detective. I'm a Gumshoe down at the precinct, pal.

Erm, witness? Don't you have that a little backwards?

Your Honor, this detective's whole life is a little backwards.
Heck, he doesn't even drink coffee. He claims it's too bitter.

Oof. That hurts, pal.

Um... Nick? I don't drink coffee, either.

Don't let Godot hear you say that.

Despite his shortcomings, I can assure you that
Gumshoe's testimony is extremely accurate.

That's right! And it's bulletproof, too.
Your lawyer tricks won't work this time,
Mr. Wright. I'm winning this one, pal!

Witness. Would you please start your testimony?

See, the problem is that Phoenix Wright isn't that big of a series.

Why, it's sold less than a quarter of what Rayman has over the years!

Oh, and it's owned by Capcom. We all know how uncooperative they are.

Yeah... all things considered, a trophy of you won't happen.

Mr. Edgeworth might get one, though. He certainly deserves it!

Does Gumshoe even know that
your name is the one in the title
of most of the franchise, Nick?

It's Gumshoe, Maya. Since when has
he ever known any of the crucial details?

Anyway, it's time for your cross-examination.
You can get him, Nick. That testimony was the worst.

Thank you, Detective. Mr. Wright, please begin your cross-examination.

HA!

Mr. Wright, your chances of finding a contradiction
are as slim as the odds that I'll stop drinking coffee...

NONE!

See, the problem is that Phoenix Wright isn't that big of a series.

Detective, I hard--

Mr. Wright, the witness hasn't said
anything you can challenge yet.

Huh, but he said...

He's said nothing concrete. His statement is
vague,and therefore it cannot be challenged.
It'd be like I said "coffee is delicious."

You can't object to something like that.

He's got a point. You're too
eager to bang on that desk, Nick.

Huh?

You need to learn to listen to others
before pointing your finger, Mr. Wright.

Huh? Huh?

Every time someone tells me that I'm bad at listening,
I think of you, and I feel much better!

Huh? Huh? HUH!?!

Sometimes I'm convinced that there's
a "kick me" sign attached to this bench.

Next time you try something like that, I'll have to penalize you.
Detective, please continue you testimony.

Why, it's sold less than a quarter of what Rayman has over the years!

"Objection 2013"

Detective, where did you get that information?

VGChartz, pal. It says that games with "Phoenix Wright"
in the title have sold only 3 million titles, while the Rayman games
have sold roughly 17 million.

Gumshoe...

Detective, please look Prosecutor Godot's
face. Does he seem happy to you?

Um... no.

Your investigation was very flawed, Detective!

Uh... does that mean my pay is
going to get cut again pal?

Anyway, there are two points you missed.
First, not every game in my series has my name
in the title. Searching for "Ace Attorney" instead
brings the results up to over four and a half million sales.

That's still a lot less than Rayman, pal!

I'm not finished yet, Detective.

Well, I'm finished my fifth cup already,
so you better hurry it up, Trite. Or is that really it?

Additionally, my franchise is digital
almost as often as it is physical. Many best
know me from the Wii ports of my games, and they're
not counted on VGChartz. Heck, my last game was digital-
only, and its sales are absent on VGChartz!

My sales are grossly underrepresented on that site, Detective.

Mr. Trite, our point still stands. Even accounting for
those sales, it's still a fact that your series is much smaller
than Rayman's. You'll need some other strong point in order
to turn this case around!

You've got nothing. You'll never be half
the lawyer that Mia was, Trite!

Want to make a bet?

You neglected to mention one thing--
my franchise is deeply connected to Nintendo!
My games have never been available on rival consoles!

Oof... Wait just a sec--

And nobody has mentioned what a huge
cultural impact I've had! There have been
concerts and even a movie based on the
antics in my game. I'm a Japanese icon.

That may be so, but...

Come to think of it, I'm relevant, too.
I just had two recent releases, and a new game is
in development as we speak. Want me to go on?

Uuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh!

Mr. Godot? Are you OK?

No, Your Honor... he's losing it.

When you try to hide the truth, you
always lose it, Your Honor!

Why, that seems to be the case.
I guess I have to choice but to pronounce
a Phoenix Wright Trophy very like--

Hah... this isn't over.

I'm only on my eighth cup.
And you haven't disproved one of my main points.

What now? I thought I've covered everything.

He's probably just going to make something up.

Oh, that's right. It was part of my testimony.

Well, then... could you resume the testimony?
Your case depends on it!

Ace Attorney is owned by Capcom. We all know how uncooperative they are.

Detective, have you ever
heard of Mega Man?

His name sounds familiar, pal. I think
I saw him on a wanted poster once.

He's a Capcom character.
He's in this game.
Capcom is working on this game.
I'd hardly call that cooperative!

Detective, that's the last straw.
I'm afraid that Mr. Wright has the prosecution truly cornered.
I have no choice but to pass my verdict. Unless, of course,
Mr. Godot has any objections...

Nope. I know when to admit defeat.

Huh? Really?

Don't worry, Trite. Next time will
be your undoing... that's a promise.

Very well then. If we're all finished here, I'd like to
declare a Phoenix Wright Trophy very likel--

WHO WAS THAT?

To be continued...

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
It occurs to me that, as an Advance Wars fan, I really ought to rate the most notable Advance Wars character.

Andy - 5%

The prospect of an Advance Wars rep, while certainly appealing, is problematic. The series has been dormant for over six years, barring the odd Virtual Console rerelease, and much like fellow Intelligent Systems series Fire Emblem, Advance Wars has quite a few interesting, notable characters to choose from. The last three games in the series all had different main protagonists, with each game having its own set of COs that generally have more character than the primary ones do. It's telling, perhaps, that the Wars-themed assist trophy simply spawned a bunch of units without a CO. Simply getting an Advance Wars character into Smash is an uphill battle, and even if Sakurai were to agree to add one, it's not all that clear who the rep should be.

To be fair to Andy, though, he's certainly the most obvious choice. The protagonist of the first two Wars games to leave Japan and easily the most iconic character of the series, he's a natural choice even if he became a supporting character in Dual Strike and wasn't around at all for Days of Ruin. His big wrench seems like a natural focus point for a moveset along with summoning units, and he's certainly got enough personality and star-power to hang with the other Nintendo all-stars. Were we much earlier in Smash spoiler season, he'd justifiably earn a much more generous rating that I can give now. It's just that, well, it's very late in Smash spoiler season, and we've still not got anything Advance Wars, which bodes poorly for its chances as a dormant franchise. Further, with lots of other COs to choose from including similarly iconic ones like Sami, saying Andy would 100% be the pick isn't really fair. I'm expecting that, barring DLC, Fire Emblem will remain the sole focus of Intelligent Systems in SSB4, but there's still a glimmer of hope that Andy or another Wars rep could sneak in at the last minute.

Want - 75% - Let me be clear: I'd love to see an Advance Wars rep. While I admittedly wasn't a big fan of the GBA entries, Dual Strike was the first truly great game I played on the DS, and Days of Ruin sealed the deal of ensuring I'd stay a fan of the franchise (and convincing me to give those tough GBA entries a second chance). Heck, my ring tone has been Gage's theme from Days of Ruin ever since the game released. My big thing is that I'm just not much of a fan of Andy himself. Thanks to not taking to the series til Dual Strike, I don't have much of a personal attachment to the character, so I'm not a huge fan of him being the pick. I'd certainly support it and boy would I be hype for Advance Wars, but I'd like to see something a bit more surprising.

Phoenix Wright Trophy - 25%
I'm not even going to try to live up to what Groose just posted, so I'll simply say that after the Rayman trophy, it's certainly plausible.
Want - 75% - I'd be for it!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I haven't even played an Ace Attorney game, and yet, just like every RTC day that has one of these I'm absolutely loving all of it!

...I've still never played Ace Attorney....(sits depressed in a corner)

Groose

Smash Champion
I think I went over the maximum space a single post can take up. Fortunately, this allowed me to split up my post into two parts... and increase the suspense while doing so. Wondering who tossed out that last objection. Well, it's time to find out!

"The Great Revival ~ Miles Edgeworth"

Your Honor, I cannot let this
farce of a trial continue.

Mr. Edgeworth? I have no idea--

What do you mean, Edgeworth?
I'm doing really well. This isn't
a farce!

Exactly, Wright. You're doing well. That
means that something suspicious is going on.

You have to admit, Nick...
Edgeworth has style.

Not you too, Maya.

Mr. Godot has been throwing this case from
the very beginning. He never meant to win this debate.

What are you talking about, Mr. Edgeworth? Mr. Godot
let me handle all of this cases's details, and I've done
my absolute best. How could he be planning on losing?

Erm... Detective...
You probably don't want Edgeworth
to answer that question.

This is interesting. Tell me, Chief Prosecutor.
Why would I throw a case like this?
We all know that I hate Trite with a passion.
Why would I let him beat me in a case
about his own importance? How would that help me?

There's an obvious explanation for that, Mr. Godot.
You're a character in the Phoenix Wright series, right?
I think you couldn't bring yourself to prove that it probably isn't
going to get any representation in Smash. You can't deflate your
own ego like that.

You're right. Everything you've said
is completely accurate. I suppose you want
me to leave now. Am I correct?

Right. I'll be taking over the proceedings from here.
Detective, you are also dismissed.
You'll be receiving a pay cut for the mess you've made of things.

Urk.

Just one question before I leave, amigo.
Why are you willing to take over this case?
Don't you realize you'll be admitting your own unimportance?

Unlike you, Prosecutor Godot, I rise above
meaningless pride. The job of a prosecutor isn't
always glorious. However, under all conditions, I much
pursue that one single truth.

That can't be all, surely.

You're right. See, unlike you, I have my own series of games.
I'm far more than a Phoenix Wright character at this point.
I don't suffer from the insecurities you do.

We were so close to winning this...
Think we can still pull it out, Maya?

This won't be easy. It is Edgeworth after all.

OK. So, Mr. Edgeworth has replaced Mr. Godot as
the lead prosecutor for this case. Mr. Edgeworth, would you like
to call a witness at this time?

That won't be necessary.
All I need to win this case is to ask
Mr. Wright a single question.

Just come out with it, Edgeworth.

Why do you feel it's likely that there will be
trophies of unrepresented third-party franchises?

Well, that's because there's a trophy
of Rayman, and he's confirmed not
to be playable...

Is that all? Is that the only reason?

Yes. Isn't that enough?

Mr. Edgeworth, it seems like
valid reasoning to me!

Since when has one thing always
been indicative of a pattern?

Erm... what?

How does having a single trophy of the
sort imply that there will be many?
I was taught that it takes three to make
a pattern, Wright. Not one. If that were
the case, than everything would indicate
a pattern, and the world would be chaos.

Ahhh!

Mr. Edgeworth is correct, Mr. Wright.
I'm afraid that I can't take the sole Rayman trophy as proof
that there will be a lot of trophies from unrepresented
third-party franchises.

Do you see what this means, Wright?
All that you've proved so far about your iconic
status has been useless. This entire trial is a
case of jumping the gun to the extreme.

No, no, no! Not again!

I hereby declare a Phoenix Wright Trophy to be...

VERY UNLIKELY
(or about a 10% chance for the record books)

Thank you for reading along.

Of course, you'll hear no objections from me to a 100% want score.
Oh, and bitter about my scores? Here's one last song for you:

"Fragrance of Dark Coffee"
I'll end the day shortly, OK? I still have to tally nominations and actually read through your posts first.

Last edited:

ChazzzyF

Smash Cadet
Before I post, bravo to you Sir @ Groose Groose . Masterful work.

Andy:

A while ago, I would have given this idea more thought. But in terms of playable characters, we seem to be running down the clock, and it just feels like there isn't much left now. I think Sakurai is looking to end on a few big reveals and unfortunately, I don't think Andy's one of them.

Want: 15%

It'd be interesting, but I don't know Advance Wars very well, and have little attachment to it. Not much else to say.

Phoenix Wright Trophy:

Chance: 35%

While Groose is definitely correct in saying that Rayman does not a pattern make, I will give the idea credit on the grounds of the fact that Capcom is at least involved with Mega Man, and not just throwing in a trophy for an unexplained reason. However, at least to my knowledge, this didn't occur with Brawl's third-parties, although that can change. Still, I say plausible, but unlikely.

Want: 75%

I certainly don't know Wright's games nearly as much as other franchises like (I assumed you've noted my avatar and nominations) Sonic, it would still be fun to see.

5 more nominations onto 3DS Sonic Stage (Not Green Hill Zone).

Man, I sure hope this makes it in before the day ends...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

I hereby declare a Phoenix Wright Trophy to be...

VERY UNLIKELY
(or about a 10% chance for the record books)

Thank you for reading along.

Of course, you'll hear no objections from me to a 100% want score.
Oh, and bitter about my scores? Here's one last song for you:

"Fragrance of Dark Coffee"
I'll end the day shortly, OK? I still have to tally nominations and actually read through your posts first.

M-Mia....!

Phoenix, you know you can still win this, just remember what I told you.

Oh, right. (now what was that again...?)

Alright, I'll be going now...

What is it, Mr. Wright?

I... Uh... thought of something...​

The trial is over, Wright...​

Your honor, the defense has one last assertion it wants to make, it's a good one.​

Well, Wright has always been the kind for turnabouts, so why not?

[Cornered music starts playing]

Thank you your honor.
(alright, now all I need to do is turn my thinking around.)

What if the Rayman trophy is not a pattern, but a hint of what is to come?
I honestly doubt if Sakurai had any third party to choose from,
Rayman would be the first one that comes to mind.

For example, Rayman has had little exclusivity with Nintendo (especially in Japan) until very recent,
where Nintendo personally published Rayman in Japan. If I was Sakurai and wanted third party content
in my game, Rayman wouldn't even be in my Top 5! Simon Belmont and Bomberman are good examples,
as well as Square Enix's Black Mage or Slime.

So I guess my point here would be...

Rayman under no circumstance should be the FIRST third party to be brought up in terms of trophies! His entire
existence proves that there were MORE than just him considered, where I could be another one that was considered!

That, along with Capcom already being in a deal with Nintendo with smash
makes it more than possible enough that I could in fact have a trophy.

Well, that settles it, well... at least it makes it less severe.
I declare Phoenix Wright having a trophy at a high plausibility at 70%
Of course, everyone here does agree on a 100% want, correct?​

....Correct, your honor.​

Well, That's it then, court adjourned.

EDIT:
After the trial

Nick, you know you forgot something in there right?

(Huh? I wonder what she's talking about...?)

You know, don't you? Maybe if I NOM on that burger you are going to buy me in celebration you will remember!

(Ah, right, the nominations, obviously it would be getting the Cornered 2001 [x5] music in Smash Bros.)
Wait, Maya, what was that about a burger?​

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Phoenix Wright Trophy

Chance: 100%

Andy

Double zeroes.

x5 Robot Ness Alt Costume

Groose

Smash Champion
We did get a Capcom trophy for todays pick of the day.
Forshadowing?
I swear, the development team watches this game. There are just too many coincidences to explain at this point. Watch, Lupus will be added just to spite us.
uh groose you mind holding out on ending the day for a sec? I appreciate it, I want to do.... something, ok?
You have forty-five minutes. Unfortunately, I have to move on then. Alternatively, you could post a short version, then make the full post a little bit later. I wouldn't complain!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I swear, the development team watches this game. There are just too many coincidences to explain at this point. Watch, Lupus will be added just to spite us.

You have forty-five minutes. Unfortunately, I have to move on then. Alternatively, you could post a short version, then make the full post a little bit later. I wouldn't complain!
hey look, 45 minutes exactly! I didn't even look at this post until now, fancy how things turn out, eh?

andimidna

Smash Master
*slow claps*
Amazing. All of it.
And that last piece seems convincing enough,

If it's too late, forget it. But I think this has a 50% chance now, not a 25% chance like I said before.

Groose

Smash Champion
I've, sadly, never played any of his games.
I certainly don't know Wright's games nearly as much as other franchises
I haven't played any of the Phoenix Wright games
Never played any of his games either
...I've still never played Ace Attorney....(sits depressed in a corner)

...if I've convinced any of you guys to give one a shot, I've achieved a great personal victory today.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

...if I've convinced any of you guys to give one a shot, I've achieved a great personal victory today.
mine wasn't nearly as long as yours but the same goes for me!

(also I'm pretty sure you were the reason I got into AA, so I guess there's that)

Groose

Smash Champion
(also I'm pretty sure you were the reason I got into AA, so I guess there's that)
I'm very glad, then. It's kind of funny... when I joined these boards, I still hadn't even beaten Trials and Tribulations myself. It's just strange looking back at it...

Andy: 5% chance and 75% want
I'm afraid I'm a bit burnt out at this point, but I'll just toss this up--I'm not sure he's the most likely candidate in his franchise, and while I think the franchise as a whole has a decent chance to get a character, I still don't think that's very likely. I certainly wouldn't mind him, though, especially after reading the BitF Comic about him. Also, it could provide the impetus to get into the Wars franchise, a series I'd definitely love.

More Mii Fighter Classes x5

DAY OVER

Groose

Smash Champion
Andy
13.87% chance (was 19.01%)
57.54% want (was 52.64%)

Generally, there's a pretty strong correlation between chance and want in this game. While we do an admirable job, it's tough to truly escape our biases. When a rerate happens, both scores usually go in the same direction; however, this is a rare exception where the scores diverged. As the competition has increased, Andy's chances have decreased, but he has more fans than ever.

Phoenix Wright Trophy
48.06% chance
78.34% want

You know, I'd be really interested in an Ace Attorney styled post by @Hades the Magnificent. Who else is with me on that one? I cain't be alone, right?

Sooo, who's ready to talk about some Skyward Sword? Don't listen to Egoraptor, buddy! You're not as unpopular as you think! More specifically, we'll be discussing Demon Lord Ghirahim, who was recently confirmed to be both a boss and a playable character in Hyrule Warriors. In addition, it's time to return to the world of Brain Age once more, but this time we're not talking about a playable character; rather, we're discussing the odds of a stage from the franchise. Please rate Ghirahim and a Brain Age Stage in chance and want. Tomorrow also seems to be bewitching. Bayonetta and an Inkling will be the topic of discussion; predict away!

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
@ Groose Groose , you silly dude, you for forgot to type Phoenix's thoughts in blue! It seems @ Starcutter Starcutter had more law experience than you! :troll:

But anyway, All these Ace Attorney story posts make want to take up playing Phoenix in UMVC 3 again!

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Lord Fabulous:
Chance: 10%
I still think it was e3 or bust for him to be announced. Besides, he's got a truckload of competition.

Darn it Ghirahim, between Hyrule Warriors and smash bros, why did you choose to be playable in the game that I'm not getting? Groose could have certainly taken the spot as a Skyward Sword villain...:troll::troll::troll:

Brain Age Stage:
Chance: 30%
If we needed a silly ds stage, we could always just bring back Pictochat. But it's still a possibility.

Want: Abstain.
I have no idea how this would work. Would we solve math problems while fighting? Dodge Sudoku puzzles? Fight Devil Kawashima as a boss?

Predictions:
Bayonetta: 8.2%
Inkling: 7.1%

Nominating Galacta Knight x5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Andy
13.87% chance (was 19.01%)
57.54% want (was 52.64%)

Generally, there's a pretty strong correlation between chance and want in this game. While we do an admirable job, it's tough to truly escape our biases. When a rerate happens, both scores usually go in the same direction; however, this is a rare exception where the scores diverged. As the competition has increased, Andy's chances have decreased, but he has more fans than ever.

Phoenix Wright Trophy
48.06% chance
78.34% want

You know, I'd be really interested in an Ace Attorney styled post by @Hades the Magnificent. Who else is with me on that one? I cain't be alone, right?

Sooo, who's ready to talk about some Skyward Sword? Don't listen to Egoraptor, buddy! You're not as unpopular as you think! More specifically, we'll be discussing Demon Lord Ghirahim, who was recently confirmed to be both a boss and a playable character in Hyrule Warriors. In addition, it's time to return to the world of Brain Age once more, but this time we're not talking about a playable character; rather, we're discussing the odds of a stage from the franchise. Please rate Ghirahim and a Brain Age Stage in chance and want. Tomorrow also seems to be bewitching. Bayonetta and an Inkling will be the topic of discussion; predict away!
Ah, and groose, I think you missed my nominations. I think. (I say I think cause I couldn't find it on the list) I even made it AA style!
After the trial

Nick, you know you forgot something in there right?

(Huh? I wonder what she's talking about...?)

You know, don't you? Maybe if I NOM on that burger you are going to buy me in celebration you will remember!

(Ah, right, the nominations, obviously it would be getting the Cornered 2001 [x5] music in Smash Bros.)
Wait, Maya, what was that about a burger?​
Also, I might do the ratings tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom