• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Skyward Sword (A good Zelda game? Y-you talking bout me?)

Ghirahim:
Chance - 5% If we get another Zelda rep, I think it'd be Toon Zelda. Hyrule Warriors doesn't really affect this game...
Want: 0% - Please no.

Brain Age Stage:
Chance: 20% - Concentration Training makes me think we'll get one. It sells well as a series.
Want: 100% - YES PLEASE

Abstaining from predictions

Noms: Warrior of Light x5

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Ghirahim

Chance: 70%

I'll give him this decent chance score because of the amount of representation that Zelda has been given in this installment, not to mention the Trophy Quiz theory. And considering his unique appearance, incredibly potency for a unique moveset, and popularity from his home game (and reappearance in Hyrule Warriors), he truly has a legitimate shot. There is some competition between him and Impa, but I think it's closed in by this point and that he will come out on top.

Want: 65%

My preferred Zelda newcomer is Ganon, but I wouldn't mind if he were playable at all.

Abstain on Brain Age stage.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Ghirahim - 30%
The only thing he doesn't have going for him is that he has a lot of competition from other characters who have been requested longer, but no noteworthy ones from his series unless Sakurai considers five spots too many. (I don't consider Impa or Tetra/Toon Zelda a contender anymore, and Tingle is out of the running).

He is from a critically beloved title, that is the most recent console entry. He's not just a one-off final boss like Skull Kid - he plays an essential role in the origins of the series, so he is important. and he has a very obvious and intuitive moveset. but again, Ganondorf and other characters pin him against a wall. I am a mild supporter of the Direct Trophy Theory though.
Want - 100%

Brain Age stage - 55%
It was the first DS VC game for Wii U. It sold as much or more as Nintendogs. It would only make sense.
Want - 75%

predict -
Bayonetta - 4%
Inkling - 3%

nominate:
Marshal Rerate x5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Ghirahim, Grand Overlord of Fabulous: 5%. Honestly, a Zelda newcomer isn't likely in the slightest. The Trophy Theory is just a bunch of straw grasping nonsense, just like the "Ridley's never been called by his name!" theory or the "Greninja looked like Mewtwo" theory. Just a bunch of delusional, straw grasping nonsense.
And we're all out of straws.
Even if we did have another Zelda newcomer, Impa and Vaati have much better chances.
Want: 50%. Despite the fact I like him in SS, I'm rather indifferent to him in Smash.
Brain Age Stage... Hey, that rhymes!: 10%. Shot in the dark.
Want: 0%. Bleh.
Bayonetta: 3.65%.
Inkling: 28.5%.
Lief X5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Results Tab Updated

This knocks Andy out of the top ten in chance... and it appears Marshal will squeeze in to the #10 spot, who I happen to be rerating. and I have literally no idea if his chance will go up or down, but perhaps @ Groose Groose will allow us to rate both him and Chorus Men again in the same day since the concepts directly compete with and eliminate the other if true?

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Ghirahim's chances: 5% - He's one of the most likely picks for a Zelda newcomer, I just don't think we're going to get one.
Want: 30% - Meh.

Brain Age Stage: 50% - It's a pretty successful series.
Want: 100% - I'd like it.

Bayonetta prediction: 4.59%
Inkling prediction: 2.19%

Sami x10

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ghirahim
Chance: 20%, he's a decent character but I don't think he's going to be playable. I'd say there's probably only about a 55% chance of getting ANY Zelda newcomers. Not that Zelda couldn't use a newcomer, but that Ganondorf needs to be revamped first, and there's so many other characters that should get in as well. And Impa should be in this game over Ghirahim, a one-time character. Yes, one-time characters can get in, but from franchises that have new casts every game. Zelda casts change a lot, but there's still quite a few recurring characters with more prevalence than Ghirahim.
Want: 15%, I don't really care. He'd be ok, but I'd rather not have him at all.

Brain Age Stage: Abstain

Nominations: Sami x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ghirahim - 10%

I honestly doubt that we're going to get a new Zelda character at all at this point, and if we did I still think Tetra stands out a little more than him.

Want - 75%

He would fit in Smash just so well, there's no way I would say no.

Brain Age Stage - 70%

It's a successful series, that's for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if we got one.

Want - 50%

Meh.

Bayonetta Prediction - 5.04%

Inkling Prediction - 0.3%

Outset Toon Link x5

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Ghirahim-35%
Probably the most likely Zelda rep with his recency and popularity but I don't think we will get a Zelda newcomer
Want: 80 %
Tongue whipping action in HD man
Brain Age Stage: 75%
The series is really important in the handheld especially with the game released in the Wiiu virtual console
Want:50%
Eh
Nintendo Land x5
Bayonetta: 1.18%
Inkling: 0.9%

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Ghirahim: chances: 70%

Because I think we will get a Zelda newcomer, and Ghirahim gets the spotlight because he can be easier to be unique than the others...(a Rosalina case here)

Want: 100%

Brain Age stage:
70%, it's a pretty good series

Bayonetta prediction: 6.75
Inkling: 0.75

Nominations:
Adeleine

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Ghirahim:
Chance - 20%. I don't really think we'll be getting a new Zelda rep this time
Want - 95%. I like his hair. I haven't played or seen much of Skyward Sword, but his hair alone makes me want him.

Abstain from Brain Age

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Ghirahim Chance: 80%

It was always blatantly overt that we were to receive an additional Legend of Zelda representative, there is the presumption based on marketing surrounding both franchises, there was the precedent that indicates we were to have three variants of Zelda over half a decade ago, and there is all of the content in Smash indicating such. However, the real question is: who? The trophy quiz theory is treated as coincidence; regardless, the "Ballad of the Goddess" is our hint whether or not the Smash community likes it. Impa is feasible, but after Greninja, I find Ghirahim to offer a more observable move-set potential. He is no longer a "one-shot" antagonist and he was more prominent in his one game that Ganondorf is in any given game. His personality would contribute to roster diversity as well.

Ghirahim Want: 100%

I want all characters that are in Smash. :troll:

But seriously, he is one of the more eccentric characters offered by Nintendo. Unpopular opinion time, most Nintendo characters are repugnant non-characters, they are glorified archetypes without development. The characters rely on nostalgia and your interpretation of them to remain iconic. Essentially, they are blank slates with childish designs. So if I see a good character with depth, Ghirahim being one of them, I am drawn to their character.

D

Deleted member

Ghirahim-
Chance-50%
Want-50% He's one of the most likely Zelda newcomers, and that whole trophy quiz theory. I'm not particularly asking for a zelda newcomer, but he'd be cool.

Brain age stage
Chance 10%
Want 30% It'd be cool, but I don't know what they'd do.

Nomination Mii Mage/Wizard x5

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Ghirahim:
Chance:10%
I honestly don't see him happening. (And no, not just because of my huge bias for Vaati) If we got any Skyward Sword character, I would bet it be Impa, since she's overall more important to the franchise than Ghirahim is. The only thing Debbie has is his popularity and being recent, which saves him from getting a flat zero from me.

Want:5%
Because of my huge Vaati bias.

Brain Age Stage:
Chance:60%
With stages, they can be kind of unpredictable. I doubt any of us expected ElectroPlankton or Pictochat for stages, but since Brain Age is a fairly large franchise (or at least, compared to the other two I just mentioned) I think it has a better chance of getting a stage than not.

Want:50%
I really wouldn't care either way.

Nomination:
Destiny (Awakening) x5

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Ghirahim chance - 15%
Zant didn't get into Brawl, so why would Ghirahim get in here? Non-recurring (HW doesn't count) and not highly-requested. All he has is recency from a comparatively unpopular Zelda game. Plus, there are better candidates for Zelda newcomers, most notably Impa.

Want - 1%
He gets 1 for a potentially interesting moveset, but otherwise, absolutely no. Keep such a comically evil, one-off villain out of this game, please.

Abstain from Brain Age.

andimidna

Smash Master
Sorry, can't resist. :drshrug:
Ghirahim chance - 15%
Zant didn't get into Brawl, so why would Ghirahim get in here?
1. Brawl's roster was finalized a full year before Twilight Princess released
2. Zant wasn't the most notable character introduced in Twilight Princess (Midna was)
3. :sheikmelee:
Non-recurring (HW doesn't count)
Why doesn't it? Smash isn't canon. If canon games didn't count as appearances, then Waluigi has never been in any game ever.
Is that true? No.
He's one of three Zelda villains getting recognized. That's not something you can just skip over, especially when he's always being called less prominent than Vaati and Pig Ganon.
and not highly-requested.
Proof? Because he kind of is.
I mean, this isn't something easy to prove but it's pretty much generally known that he is highly-requested.
As for Zelda characters, there's no doubt he's the most popular one not in Smash, and the most requested throughout development. Impa getting love this late doesn't mean crap to Ghirahim.
All he has is recency from a comparatively unpopular Zelda game.
It's not unpopular to Nintendo. Fans don't make this game, you need to realize this. Nintendo loves Skyward Sword and is still pushing it to this day. Also, even if it is the least popular 3d Zelda to certain fans (which it may be atm), it's still one of the 3d Zeldas, the 5 major Zelda games. The new 3d Zelda is always bound to get the most Zelda content in Smash.
Plus, there are better candidates for Zelda newcomers, most notably Impa.
That's very subjective, but oh well. I already explained in my post how Impa does not hurt Ghirahim's chances so I'll just paste that here:

[collapse=Explanation 1]
Impa wasn't popular enough until Hyrule Warriors. I could see her have being planned to be a Sheik alt, makes as much sense as Lucina given the story of each, and once she was confirmed for HW and all of this excitement over her started up, Sakurai might have thought "hey, Sheik is really popular competitively too, maybe I should give her the same treatment I gave Marth"
And then we have Impa as a Sheik clone getting the Lucina treatment.
And this has no affect on Ghirahim, as Sakurai doesn't care about "amount of reps per series"
So either he was already added before her, or he's not in.
And of course the Sheik clone thing isn't 100% either, I see them both as major DLC candidates assuming there are ones.

[collapse=Explanation 2]
Hyrule Warriors was too late to influence the initial roster of Smash. And almost nobody wanted Impa before she was revealed for Hyrule Warriors, except as a Sheik replacement. And still, that was very few. Only lately has she become popular, meaning that all she can be now is Sheik's Lucina or DLC. She really didn't have enough merits before Hyrule Warriors to be noticed by Sakurai. I wouldn't be saying this if our newcomer selection was of less popular recurring characters like Toad, Ganon, Anna, Waddle Dee, Meowth, Tingle, Cranky Kong, etc.
But that's not what we have. [/collapse]
Why do people suddenly think Impa was worth noticing before Hyrule Warriors? Just look at her appearances. She'll be a sage or she'll say a few things, she was never a main character... until Hyrule Warriors. Skyward Sword is her most prominent appearance yet she is definitely overshadowed by many more popular characters in the game like Ghirahim and Groose, and even other characters are more important like Fi and Zelda. She didn't do much fighting except for that scene where Ghirahim broke her shield, like I said before, she was always seen just as a possible Sheik replacement, and when that didn't happen, everybody gave up on her inclusion. Yet suddenly Hyrule Warriors, a game way too late to influence the initial roster gets announced and people start bringing up how recurring and important she is. Bull. She has decent chances, but that's only because it's possible that she was made as an alt for Sheik early in development like Lucina was, and Sakurai wanted to expand the roster so her late popularity spark resulted in a separate clone character. That's is all.
[/collapse]
Want - 1%
He gets 1 for a potentially interesting moveset, but otherwise, absolutely no. Keep such a comically evil, one-off villain out of this game, please.
Yea, aren't one-time characters just the worst?
*looks at your avatar*
Oh... that's interesting.

...Ok, I'm done.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ghirahim:
Chance: 10%

I'm of the opinion that a Zelda newcomer is highly unlikely, and if any, I think Impa would be chosen over a one-off villain.
Want: 30%
Eh.

Nominating Brash the Bear x5

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
*looks at your avatar*

...Ok, I'm done.
The argument for one-time characters doesn't work for franchises with established characters and larger casts. Zelda doesn't constantly have characters returning, but it does have quite a few. Compared to Mother and Fire Emblem, which have new casts almost every game (FE has a few direct sequels, while Mother only has Giygas and Porky for recurring characters), the argument doesn't hold up at all.

Wh-why?! Again?! Agh...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Brash the Bear is clearly a superior character to Ghirahim. :troll:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Is this my first rerate? I think it is.

Ghirahim
Chance:
-Main Roster: 15%
-As DLC: 15%
-As Assist Trophy: 60%

Unlike Impa, Ghirahim was around long before development started. However...I don't think it helps his chances any. He may be a memorable villain and he may do a great job of making you hate him by the end of the game...but there's still another Zelda villain who has way more sway on the series as a whole, who he won't unseat for a roster spot. Ghirahim has no chance on a 47-roster, and even on a 51 there are other characters from other franchises who'd likely get the nod over him. Honestly, I don't even see him making it as DLC, either.

I think he'll most likely be an assist trophy. It'd be right up his alley to show up to swing some blades at people and steal the show for just a little while.
My stance hasn't changed much. I think he's slightly more likely now, since his being playable in Hyrule Warriors means someone at either Nintendo or Koei-Tecmo thinks he's still important...or maybe it's because they wanted one villain from each game setting that got dragged into HW. The Gematsu leak's loss of credibility also helps him...but again, only slightly. I still think he's most likely an Assist Trophy.

Want: 20%

I've warmed up to him...a little. I still don't care a ton about him, though.

Brain Age Stage
Chance: 7%

So this would probably be a semi-random "wtf" stage like Pictochat or Hanenbow? Ordinarily, I'd say there's a chance...but with yesterday's freak reveal of some kind of Game Boy stage, our chance of a Brain Age stage just took a nosedive. Now it's really unlikely...but it could happen still, potentially.

Want: Abstain

Why's my analysis for this one so short? I haven't played Brain Age. >_>

Predictions

Bayonetta: 8.75%
Inkling: 1.84%

Nominations

Rundas x5

andimidna

Smash Master
The argument for one-time characters doesn't work for franchises with established characters and larger casts. Zelda doesn't constantly have characters returning, but it does have quite a few. Compared to Mother and Fire Emblem, which have new casts almost every game (FE has a few direct sequels, while Mother only has Giygas and Porky for recurring characters), the argument doesn't hold up at all.

Wh-why?! Again?! Agh...
There's just been too many cases of less important characters from only one or a few more games getting in Smash for moveset potential or popularity for me to agree with your argument. Given what we have, I 100% stick to what I said. The recent Smash trailer for Robin and Lucina and the Gematsu Leak have only made me more sure of this. Palutena is the only character that's joined from an existing series that was the next more prominent character from the series, but you know what else she is, the next most popular too.
Impa's merits sound good on paper, but when you think about it, do you really think Sakurai would notice her? Recognize these merits? Have her planned to be added from the start?
Reflect off of what we have now, and does it still make sense to you?

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Ghirahim (Zelda) as a Playable Character
Chance: 30% - I will say that the only reason it's not at least 40% is that between Zelda and Sheik divorcing their movesets and Ganon still unconfirmed back, I don't think it's very likely that we'll get any new Zelda character to begin with. That said, the hypothetical new character being from Skyward Sword is probably the most likely, be it Ghirahim, Groose (fingers crossed for either of them) or Demise (very low chance considering Ganon, but you never know). Of those 3, Ghirahim has the best odds in his favor.
Want: 20% - I'm hurting for more villains as much as the next guy, but I wasn't too fond of Ghirahim's character, though his moveset would be quite interesting.

New Stage based from Brain Age
Chance: 7% - As much as I like my two Brain Age Express games, the fact that we've already had stages for PictoChat, Nintendogs, and the recently revealed Game Boy stage is the only thing keeping me from giving it an even lower score.
Want: 47% - I love the idea in itself of it, but i'm not entirely sold on a Brain Age stage actually happening.

Predictions:
Bayonetta as a Playable Character: 25% Chance, 64% Want
Inkling (Splatoon) as a Playable Character: 2.1% Chance, 43% Want

Nominations:
More Mii Fighter Classes x5

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's just been too many cases of less important characters from only one or a few more games getting in Smash for moveset potential or popularity for me to agree with your argument. Given what we have, I 100% stick to what I said. The recent Smash trailer for Robin and Lucina and the Gematsu Leak have only made me more sure of this. Palutena is the only character that's joined from an existing series that was the next more prominent character from the series, but you know what else she is, the next most popular too.
Impa's merits sound good on paper, but when you think about it, do you really think Sakurai would notice her? Recognize these merits? Have her planned to be added from the start?
Reflect off of what we have now, and does it still make sense to you?
Why would he do the same for Ghirahim? And he certainly didn't take any interest in Midna despite her being extremely popular. He was even hesitant to add Ganondorf in Melee because he wasn't sure if Ganondorf would appear in future games (and he didn't want to make Ganondorf a clone, though he did so by virtue of not being able to find anyone else to be a clone).

Also, what characters have appeared from an established franchise that have appeared over the course of several games that are one-offs? Retro characters tend to only have one game, and even then, the only character who fits the bill is Ice Climbers.

Sheik was included by nature of literally just being Zelda in a different costume. Sakurai thought it'd be a neat mechanic, and later he split Sheik off into her own character.

Robin/Lucina, again, from a franchise with a new cast every game.

Greninja? Pokemon will ALWAYS come back in future games. That's a given.

If Shulk gets in, its due to the nature of him being in a brand new franchise, and frankly he'd be the first and only character to date to get that kind of treatment (Pokemon had several games before Smash64).

For the other SmashU newcomers:

- Wii Fit and Wii Fit Resort
- Villager appears in all Animal Crossing games, that's 5 to date (the first was Japan-only).
- Palutena has been in all three Kid Icarus games.
- Little Mac has several Punch Out games.
- Rosalina has been in quite a few Mario spinoffs now and three main games (more than the likes of Waluigi).
- Same with Mii's.
- No need to bring up the third-parties at all.

Dunno what you're getting at.

Brawl:
- Pit is a retro character, but even then, he still had two games.
- ROB isn't an actually character, but he made numerous appearances in other games.
- Toon Link had Phantom Hourglass in development and Minish Cap already by this point.
- Diddy Kong, Dedede, Metaknight are obvious.
- Lucario had the Pokemon scenario going for him, he's guaranteed to come back in future games.
- Ike already had two games by this point.
- Zero Suit Samus appeared in several games already.
- Olimar had 2 games. Even then, its still a new franchise, so its a different situation with an established franchise.
- Wolf is a main Star Fox character.
- No need to bring up the third-parties, they're all well-established characters.

Lucas is the one exception in this game. And again, whole situation with the cast being all new in every game.

andimidna

Smash Master
Why would he do the same for Ghirahim? And he certainly didn't take any interest in Midna despite her being extremely popular. He was even hesitant to add Ganondorf in Melee because he wasn't sure if Ganondorf would appear in future games (and he didn't want to make Ganondorf a clone, though he did so by virtue of not being able to find anyone else to be a clone).

Also, what characters have appeared from an established franchise that have appeared over the course of several games that are one-offs? Retro characters tend to only have one game, and even then, the only character who fits the bill is Ice Climbers.

Sheik was included by nature of literally just being Zelda in a different costume. Sakurai thought it'd be a neat mechanic, and later he split Sheik off into her own character.

Robin/Lucina, again, from a franchise with a new cast every game.

Greninja? Pokemon will ALWAYS come back in future games. That's a given.

If Shulk gets in, its due to the nature of him being in a brand new franchise, and frankly he'd be the first and only character to date to get that kind of treatment (Pokemon had several games before Smash64).

For the other SmashU newcomers:

- Wii Fit and Wii Fit Resort
- Villager appears in all Animal Crossing games, that's 5 to date (the first was Japan-only).
- Palutena has been in all three Kid Icarus games.
- Little Mac has several Punch Out games.
- Rosalina has been in quite a few Mario spinoffs now and three main games (more than the likes of Waluigi).
- Same with Mii's.
- No need to bring up the third-parties at all.

Dunno what you're getting at.

Brawl:
- Pit is a retro character, but even then, he still had two games.
- ROB isn't an actually character, but he made numerous appearances in other games.
- Toon Link had Phantom Hourglass in development and Minish Cap already by this point.
- Diddy Kong, Dedede, Metaknight are obvious.
- Lucario had the Pokemon scenario going for him, he's guaranteed to come back in future games.
- Ike already had two games by this point.
- Zero Suit Samus appeared in several games already.
- Olimar had 2 games. Even then, its still a new franchise, so its a different situation with an established franchise.
- Wolf is a main Star Fox character.
- No need to bring up the third-parties, they're all well-established characters.

Lucas is the one exception in this game. And again, whole situation with the cast being all new in every game.
I don't have time atm to read all of this but I immediately saw that you brought up Midna, a character you debuted a full year and some months after Brawl's roster was finalized.
Maybe I'll edit this post later when I see the rest.
Edit: But I have time to predict.
Bayonetta: 4%
Inkling: 3%

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Sorry, can't resist. :drshrug:

1. Brawl's roster was finalized a full year before Twilight Princess released
2. Zant wasn't the most notable character introduced in Twilight Princess (Midna was)
3. :sheikmelee:
1. :4greninja:
2. Midna also didn't get into Brawl.
3. What does Sheik have to do with what I said? For the record, I also don't agree with Sheik having her own slot and think she's insanely lucky to be in.

Why doesn't it? Smash isn't canon. If canon games didn't count as appearances, then Waluigi has never been in any game ever.
Is that true? No.
He's one of three Zelda villains getting recognized. That's not something you can just skip over, especially when he's always being called less prominent than Vaati and Pig Ganon.
Because it's an all-stars spin-off game. If you can use the game to say Ghirahim is recurring, you can say the same now for Midna, Ruto, Darunia, etc. It's less that it doesn't count and more that it doesn't mean anything for his case as for being recurring goes.

Proof? Because he kind of is.
I mean, this isn't something easy to prove but it's pretty much generally known that he is highly-requested.
As for Zelda characters, there's no doubt he's the most popular one not in Smash, and the most requested throughout development. Impa getting love this late doesn't mean crap to Ghirahim.
Ghirahim might be the most-requested Zelda newcomer, but he's not highly-requested overall. He's not even on the top 10 of want for this topic.

It's not unpopular to Nintendo. Fans don't make this game, you need to realize this. Nintendo loves Skyward Sword and is still pushing it to this day. Also, even if it is the least popular 3d Zelda to certain fans (which it may be atm), it's still one of the 3d Zeldas, the 5 major Zelda games. The new 3d Zelda is always bound to get the most Zelda content in Smash.
Nintendo "loves" all their games. The mention of Skyward Sword being unpopular as a Zelda game isn't so much to say it shouldn't get representation, but more that it means there are that many fewer fans to support Ghirahim.

*looks at your avatar*
JaidynReiman already explained this; you're comparing apples and oranges. Fire Emblem pretty much already has its relevant recurring characters on the roster (Marth and Ike; Ike himself barely even counts). The only others it could have are Anna, the series' Toad, and Tiki. You didn't mention Mother (at least in this quote, not sure if you've used it elsewhere), but that's a similar case. Zelda might not have the largest cast of recurring characters, but it still has a few left.

And before you go "Well Impa is never very relevant anyway," I'll mention that I only think she'd be better than Ghirahim, not necessarily that she should get in. Zelda really doesn't need a newcomer at all.

In addition, Robin is the "main" Fire Emblem newcomer (Lucina is basically a bonus), and while Robin isn't a recurring character alone, Robin does represent the tactical side of Fire Emblem and the player avatar that has been present in three games now and likely will continue to exist. You can consider Robin recurring in the same sense that Link is recurring (since almost every Zelda technically features a different Link).

Oh, and Lucina also isn't a villain.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Ghirahim:
Chance: 75%
I think he's the most likely Zelda newcomer, mainly for the trophy theory.
Want: 100% One of my most wanted newcomers

Brain age stage:
Chance: 40%
I think it's possible.
Want: 40% I would be okay with it.

Nomination: Rundas x5

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Ghirahim
Chance: 11%
Want: 59%

Brain Stage
Chance: 13%
Want: 21%

Predictions
Bayonetta: 2%
Inkling: 5%

Nominations: Rundas x5

Burigu

Smash Ace
Lot of controvesy over Ghirahim going around
Ghirahim:
Chance: 22% (High chance by my standards) I am still unsure Zelda is going to get a newcomer, but it is possible, I think comparing Ghirahim alone with other Zelda characters is only mentioning half of the matter, in this game people are already complaining (not sure if with a good reason) about the lack of villians with Bowser being the only one at this moment (no Dedede isn't considered a true villlian given how many more times he had honorable intentions hidden behind his apparently evil actions), so if villians are in the way Ridley and Rool beat Ghirahim in seniority and demand.

I am aware that Sakurai doesn't always go with the demand and I approve his decisions, but right know Ridley might stand a better shot to expand the Metroid representation which is "needed" on the other hand we have already 5 Zelda characters: Link, Zelda, Sheik, Toon Link and Ganondorf (there is NO way Ganondorf doesn't return) so only time can tell, he has a semi decend shot but not so shoe in as some people here claim, when we have other franchises in the game and no villian for them.

I think Sakurai decided to go with TP designs for Zelda and Link because of the lack of SS model for Ganondorf, but if the models are completelly new and Ghirahim is indeed a character, why not give Link and Zelda SS outfits and get creative to ajust Ganondorf to that style? This is not a strong argument against Ghirahim I agree, but I will point out it is still suspicious presenting Link, Zelda and to an extend Sheik (for people unaware Sheik had a design for TP but since the idea was dropped Sheik never appears in TP, by the time Sakurai was working on Brawl he asked for TP designs including Sheik) in TP style and not SS style.

Want: 20%
Apparently he is fabolous, and a memorable character, sadly my lack of experience with SS make this character unrelated.

Brain Age stage
Chance: 5%
I don't see the need to represent EVERYTHING.
Want: 0%
Stages like Hanebow in Brawl weren't so great and PictoChat was a novelty at best, I don't want a Brain Age stage, I prefer stages with a better setting and thematic going around, with epic music or at least iconic going in them even if they are gimmicky a Brain Age stage seems boring and not really needed.

Brain Age seems targeted to the casual market and we already have WiFit, Nintendogs and even Miis in the game ( and please no I am not saying hardcores can't enjoy these)

Predictions:
Bayonetta: 3.53%
Inkling: 0.88%

Nominations:
Unlockeable Taunts x 5

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Ghirahim: 18%
Want: 100%

Brain Age Stage: 20%
Want: 50%

Bayonetta: 1.56%
Inkling: 3.45%

x5 Excitebiker

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
...Should I be ashamed that I didn't notice that pun? Geeze, with the pic of the day too...
I thought you were making an intentional yet subtle reference to the pic of the day. I suppose I'm just looking too hard for punny jokes.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Ghirahim: 2%
I've written my reasoning as to why I don't believe Ghirahim has much of a chance on a few occasions. To be concise, he isn't able to represent the Zelda franchise, rather one game in the franchise. Many will bring up characters like Rosalina, Greninja, Robin, and Lucina, but the truth is that those characters have way more merits than Ghirahim does when it comes to telling you what their franchise is about while representing different aspects of it. We never got Midna, Zant, Tingle, or Skull Kid even though they were popular choices by the fans for the same reason I believe we won't get Ghirahim. They don't mean that much to the Zelda series as a whole. They're great characters in the Zelda games that they're in. I definitely have nothing against them; Zelda is one of my top favorite gaming franchises, but they don't play a big enough role overall to warrant a position on the Smash roster. I just don't think Ghirahim is going to be there.

Want: 0%
There are still a few Zelda characters that deserve to get in before Ghirahim does. I would be disappointed if he got in only because he represents the latest installment of the 3D Zelda games, when another one is right around the corner which, more likely than not, won't feature Ghirahim.

Brain Age Stage: 32%
The idea of including a stage from this series is something that I never thought of before, but I think it makes sense. The series is home to handhelds, originating on the DS while having a title as recent as being on the 3DS. When you think of stages that we got in the past such as Pictochat, Brain Age doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to me.

Want: 70%
I think it would be a pretty good idea for a stage. It sounds like a fun and eccentric idea. I would have to see how a stage like that would work before I give my full judgement to it of course.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Ghirahim
chance:60% could go ether way. He can be very unique, but he might share a simlar fate as over one off zelda villains.
want: 90% It will make me happy because I will go around smash tournaments doing this.

brian age stage:
chance: 55% There could be worst ideas for stages.
want: 50% meh

Non-playable characters becoming playable with DLC. x5

Groose

Smash Champion

Seriously, though, thanks for giving me a chance to use this today. I was afraid no one would present me with the opportunity.

Oh, and we're not rerating Brash. Ever. Not happening.
I desperately need to play the games... better get them on the Wii Shop Channel while I have the chance!
Superjeenius is doing a Blind LP of the first game right now, and it's a really good one. Since the games are more interactive visual novels than true games, you will get the majority of the experience. Check out the first case, or maybe the first two, if you have a chance
Ah, and groose, I think you missed my nominations. I think. (I say I think cause I couldn't find it on the list) I even made it AA style!
Didn't forget. I had already updated the nominations post when you edited them in, and I made a note to include them today as I do the nominations. ;)

@ Groose Groose , you silly dude, you for forgot to type Phoenix's thoughts in blue! It seems @legendofrob1 had more law experience than you! :troll:

But anyway, All these Ace Attorney story posts make want to take up playing Phoenix in UMVC 3 again!
I forgot to include a key at the top of my first post. Anyway, Bold=Spoken Aloud, Plan=Aside, Italics=Thoughts. I used to do each character's text in a different color, but I find now that it's just a pretty pointless thing on which to focus my time. I'd much rather spend the effort expanding a conversation than editing the text in my post.

@ Groose Groose , on the day we rate this, could you change the title of the thread to include Paper Mario, e.g.:
Rate Their Chances Day 299: The Theater Stage (Paper Mario) and other thing
The reason I'm making this request is because I know there are Paper Mario fans here that normally don't stop by this thread, but might if they see we are rating a Paper Mario stage.
No problem. Remind me if I somehow forget, though.

Results Tab Updated

This knocks Andy out of the top ten in chance... and it appears Marshal will squeeze in to the #10 spot, who I happen to be rerating. and I have literally no idea if his chance will go up or down, but perhaps @ Groose Groose will allow us to rate both him and Chorus Men again in the same day since the concepts directly compete with and eliminate the other if true?
Why not? I should have done this in the first place.

Demon Lord Ghirahim: 10% chance and 100% want
First off, I highly doubt that Hyrule Warriors affects anything. First of all, it probably didn't even enter development until well after the Smash roster was decided (the Warriors games have short development cycles, and you can really see how raw the game was just six months ago). More importantly, pretty much everyone you'd ever want (bar Groose) is playable in that game, so it doesn't really seem to be all that important.

With Tingle in the grave, Ghirahim is now the most likely candidate from the Zelda franchise to get in as a unique newcomer. I think Impa is the most likely character overall from the franchise (she has some potential as a unique character and even more as a clone), but nobody bar perhaps Tetra really stands out as a potential unique newcomer.

I have one fear about Ghriahim, though. Now that we know the developers are aware of the "too many swordsmen" stigma, I feel there's a chance that they deemed Ghirahim as too generic. His speedy style of swordplay does draw some comparisons to Marth and his clone.

Over all though, Ghirahim is still one of my most wanted newcomers. I think he's my sixth most wanted left. As usual, I feel obligated to bring up my story of playing Skyward Sword--every time I saw Ghirahim in action, I instinctively pictured all of his attacks in a Smash setting. I certainly want to see him there now.

Brain Age Stage: 50% chance and 10% want
Although I don't share @BluePikmin11's optimism for Kawashima's chances, I do think that this idea is far from farfetched. Brain Age is a gigantic franchise--heck, if representation is derived from sales, which is at least partly the case, it would be an absolute crime if it didn't get at least a stage. However, just like with playable Kawashima there are issues with this idea. The most notable one is that I don't think there's really anything to make a stage out of. I played Brain Age for over half a year, and from that time I can't remember anything that would have sufficed as a stage. I suppose they could go the abstract, Flat Zone-esque way of doing it, but there's another issue to discuss. Kawashima would almost definitely have to appear, and this could bring up licensing issues.

The point I'm trying to get across here? I think that there are issues holding back this potential stage from being the shoo-in the series sales suggest, but I still can't say that it's likely that they'll succumb to such issues. I don't actually relish the idea of a Brain Age stage forced into the game because of sales when there really isn't much interesting in the way of stage potential; however, I would be very satisfied if it came with playable Kawashima, as I do really want him.

More Mii Fighter Classes x5

DAY OVER

GROOSE > GHIRAHIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom