• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Phoenix Wright trophy:
Chance: 60%
With Megaman as a character, I say we could easily get a Phoenix Wright trophy.

Want: 99%
This would be a really awesome thing to have. Yet I took 1% off because a Phoenix Wright stage could be so much more awesome.
Just imagine District Court #001 as a stage. The stage is a flat platform with the judge's stand dividing the stage into two halves.
Then Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth take their respective stands. Occasionally one of them will yell "Objection!" and it will fly around the screen and damage anyone it hits.The music is set like in Brawl's Hanebrow stage, with the music changing depending on who shouted the famous phrase. The Objection would react differently depending on who said it:

Defense Attorneys (Left side)
Pheonix: It travels in a arched line across the top of the stage at a moderate speed.
Mia: It travels in a slow loop that resembles the Magatama.
Apollo: It will fly erraticly at a slow pace, then stop halfway across the screen.

Prosecutors (Right side)
Edgeworth: Identical to Pheonix's.
Franciska: It travels at a very fast speed across the center of the stage.
Godot: Instead of an Objection bubble, Godot will throw his coffee, which reverses the controls of a player it hits.

If the attack doesn't connect, they will walk away from the stand, and a different prosecutor or defense attorney will replace them.
While I'm sure this will never happen, it would be infinitely cool if it did.

Chance: 4%
I'd give Advance wars an 8% chance for a rep, with it divided between Andy and Sami.

Want: 80%
I'm all for an Advance wars rep.

Brain Age: 40%
Lord Fabulous: 18.22%
eh, Galacta Knight can wait.
Nominating Bayonetta x5

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Phoenix Wright trophy
Chance - 20%
After Rayman getting one, I think this has become really likely. Mainly for the reason they're already working with Capcom, and also the fact that Phoenix Wright sold well hand-in-hand with the DS. So in terms of Nintendo history, he's got the credentials.
I'd say Layton is a bunch more likely to get one though. Could see both getting it.

Want - 100%
Sure, why not? If trophies create this massive Nintendo-pedia, Wright definitely deserves to be in it.

Andy
Chance - 4%
Less and less likely as time goes by and we run out of newcomer spots and, well, time to reveal them. I find it very unlikely.

Want - 100%
Console wars is one of those series I'd enjoy seeing represented much more.

Predictions
Brain Age Stage - 38%
Ghirahim - 34%

Nominations
x5 Tag Team Battles

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Phoenix Wright Trophy Chance - 0.5%
Phoenix Wright Troppy Want - 15%
He's great and I love him, but I don't see it happening.

Andy Chance 1%
Andy Want 25%
An engineer kinda character would be cool, but I don't think he's unique enough to catch Sakurai's eye. I know inherent uniqueness isn't mandatory when making movesets, but his series has also been dormant for a few years. I find his inclusion unlikely.

Last edited:

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Phoenix wright trophy chance: 70%
Phoenix is hugely famous in all places of the internet. It would be an injustice not to at least show a trophy.

Want: 100%
Two words: hell yes.

Andy joins the battle chance: 55%
Alright, might as well get it over with.

I don't think Andy is the best choice for smash compared to his fellow C.O.s
I think sami is the better suited for this position

I mean, just look at her!

I do think its 40-60 when it comes to Andy vs. Sami and if you throw in my Andy alone chance of 70% we arrive at a 55 ish chance.

Want: 65%
Not over Sami, but i'd rather see an advanced wars rep instead of one

Sami x4
Non-FS Mega Lucario x1

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Andy
Chance: 25% (Previously 35%) Back when I first rated Andy we only had 6 newcomers. Now we have 11, 13 if you count each Mii Fighter, with plenty of more iconic or popular choices left floating around. I highly doubt we'll be matching Brawl's lofty 18 newcomers this time around, so Andy's chances are looking less and less probable. I'm not giving up on him though. With 4 FE characters fighting in this installment it would honestly surprise me if Sakurai has never even considered any potential from FE's sister series, popularity be damned.

Want: 100% I'd accept an assist at this point, but I'd really really really like to see this happen.

Abstain From Nick's Trophy

Nomination

Sami X5 The more I think about it she's actually possibly a bit more likely than Andy...

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
OBJECTION Trophy: 75% Chance / 100% Want
Rayman isn't exclusive to Nintendo and he's getting a trophy. Being exclusive to Nintendo is a huge point in Wright's favor. I'd frankly be surprised if he didn't get a trophy.

Andy: 15% Chance / 50% Want
Advance Wars is Nintendo's largest IP without a playable character so I think it'll happen eventually. Maybe next game, or if the series ever gets a more recurring mascot (I think he's only in like 3 games).

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Phoenix Wright Trophy:
Chance - 85%
Want - 100%

If anyone was gonna get a trophy it would be Phoenix Wright and Layton. I'd expect them to get one before Rayman based on their relation to Nintendo. His only non-Nintendo appearances are his PC port and UMvC3, he should get one.

Andy
Chance - 20%
Want - 75%

He seems like an interesting character. I think Isaac, Andy, and Ghiriham are fighting for a spot.

I'll put it on hold once it gets to the top.
Thanks. I'll nominate Micaiah AT until then. I might be able to rate, but I rather be home so I can do an in depth want rating for IdolM@ster.

Nominations:
Micaiah AT x 2
Neku Sakuraba Trophy x 1
Crono (Chrono Trigger) Trophy x 1
Idolm@ster song on Pac Man Stage x 1

Predictions:
Ghiriham -34%
Brain Age Stage - 12%

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Phoenix Wright trophy

Chance 70%
Want: 75%

Andy

Chance: 10%
Want: 40%

Nomination

Marshal rerate x5

Last edited by a moderator:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Phoenix Wright trophy:
Chance - 80%
Only thing that makes me skeptical is that we don't know the frequency of 3rd party trophies. Capcom already has representation in the game of course, so it's boosted a lot by that.
Want - 100%
Why the hell not? It wouldn't even hurt his already low chances of being playable, since, well... If trophies being in the game disconfirmed characters, Mario disconfirmed

Abstain on Andy since I'm not familiar with the Advance Wars series

Brain Age Stage - 23.35%
Ghirahim - 42.24%

Metal Face Boss x5

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Phoenix Wright Trophy- 65%
Want- 100%

Andy- abstain

Brain age stage- 31%
Ghirahim- 31%

Theater Stage x5

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Andy:
Chance: 11%.
Want: 65% Haven't played Advance Wars but he looks fun.

Phoenix Wright trophy: Chance: 32%. Ace Attorney is pretty much the Capcom series most loyal to Nintendo, so there's a chance they'd want to throw in Wright somewhere in the game. However, I still have doubts it'll just happen. It'd be way more likely if someone proposed him as a character to Sakurai, which some characters actually have going for them...reminds me I'll have to nominate a Tales trophy and Bayonetta trophy soon.
Want: 100% Wright deserves to get in Smash in some form after how many Nintendo exclusives it had.

Nomination: Bayonetta rerate x5.

Burigu

Smash Ace
lol is this a typo or a joke I don't get?
She is refering to all Nintendo Wars type of games, Advance Wars is only a part of them as a whole

Phoenix Wright trophy:
Chance: 50%
The coin is in the air, but if Rayman got it then I think a bunch of 3rd parties close to Nintendo have a chance
Want: 90%
Pretty high scores coming from me I know and for something unrelated to KI mark this day, on a more serious note I find this series deserving and I love the characters.

Andy
Chance
: 0.1%
Nothing pointing to him, find Sammy more interesting, the reveal of newcomers don't point to kind of dormant series
Want: 2%
Being created by the same people that made Fire Emblem the strategic and generic nature of the units don't really make these characters as deep as Fire Emblem ones, I am aware that is made on purpose but I am more of a Fire Emblem strategy type of person than modern war strategy type.

Predictions:
Brain Age: 13.56% even in the 3ds version this seems cheap, please keep the stages more related to better franchises (nothing wrong with this series) but I prefer to see stages related to the epic adventures that I have saw than this
Ghirahim: 46.22% Mmmmm honestly I don't know what to think about him

Nominations
Unlockeable taunts x 5

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Phoenix Wright trophy
Chance: 50% Maybe? We have only seen one third party trophy so we don't know how they choose which third party trophies to choose
Want: 50% Sure?

Brain Age stage
Chance: 40% We have already seen a couple of casual esk stages and I can't think what they could do for a stage
Want: 50% sure?

Andy
Chance: 30% We don't have many left and I don't see this happening.
Want: 20% Ehh, I would rather other characters.

Nominate Parabo & Satebo x5

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
lol is this a typo or a joke I don't get?
When I became acquainted with the series I saw it being referred to as Console Wars, since the first part of the name of each game usually has to do with the Console it's on (Famicom Wars, Super Famicom Wars, Game Boy Wars, Advance Wars (on GBA), etc.)

Of course by the last installments it wasn't the case anymore since Wii has Battalion Wars instead, and DS had Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. And I notice more and more people just refer to it as Advance Wars since that one became the most iconic.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Phoenix Wright Trophy
Chance: 0%
Come on, people, Capcom doesn't deserve that much, we're lucky that the MegaMan franchise has involvement in the first place.

Andy
Chance: 5%

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Oh @ Groose Groose , your Pheonix Wright posts always are great.

Pheonix Trophy:
Honestly, I can see it going either way.
Want: abstain

Andy:
Chance: abstain
Want: abstain
I have no ral knowledge on this guy.

Predictions:
Fabulous Demon Lord Ghirahim - 15%
The other guy - 13.5%

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Pheonix Wright Trophy Likelihood: 25%
Want: 50%

Andy Likelihood: 5%

Karate Joe x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Results Tab Updated

Andy - 5% chance, 65% want

Phoenix Wright Trophy - 30% chance, 100% want

predict Ghirahim - 18%
Brain Age stage - 25%

@Tillie-152 , I got your back. Marshal Rerate x5

D

Deleted member

I'm abstaining from Andy.

Phoenix Wright Trophy

You never know.

He's Phoenix Wright for crying out loud! Why wouldn't I want him to be represented somehow?

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The Extra Nominations post has been updated.

Andy's chances: 10% - If we get a Wars character it would be either Andy or Sami. I used to think Andy was more likely but now I could see it going either way. I don't think we'll get a Wars character at all, though.
Want: 90% - I think Wars should get a character. Either one would be fine with me.

Phoenix Wright Trophy: 50% - I could see it happen, and I could see it not happen.
Want: 100% - Why not? It's a great series.

Ghirahim prediction: 20.79%
Brain Age Stage prediction: 30.17%

Sami x5

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Andy's chances: Abstain
I have never played Advance Wars, and don't know enough about the series to make a good judgement.
That being said, I love turn based strategy games, and I know how Advance Wars plays, and I would love to see how Sakurai would make that into a moveset.

Nick's Trophy: Chances: 90%
Capcom already has a character into the game, and the Phoenix Wright games are exclusive to Nintendo. Ubisoft had neither of those with Rayman and they still got him into the game as at least a trophy. With a 15% chance of him being playable. He, along with Professor Layton, will almost certainly have trophies in this game, heck they might even be assist trophies. I will be very surprised if Wright doesn't appear in some form in this iteration of Smash Bros.

I adore the Phoenix Wright games, they are challenging, have great stories, and are usually quite funny (Speaking of which, @ Groose Groose I really hope you have a Phoenix Wright post for this one) Why on earth would anybody would be against his inclusion as a trophy is beyond me.

Predictions:
Ghirahim : 17.4%
Brain Age Stage: 40.5%

x10 Third Party Assist Trophy [From a series without a playable character]

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Phoenix Wright (as Trophy)

More likely than many might think. We already have Capcom representation in the form of Mega Man, and Ace Attorney has gained a cult following...plus, it's nearly entirely exclusive to Nintendo systems. The only question is whether we'll see trophies of third party characters from franchises that don't have playable characters.

His best bet seems to be on the 3DS version, since the Ace Attorney games are all on portable systems.

Want: 70%

I only know so much about the series, but he certainly seems popular enough. Sure, let him be a trophy.

Andy
Chance:
-Main Roster: 5%
-As DLC: Abstain

Advance Wars has been on the backburner for a while now, with no new entries since Days of Ruin in 2008. It's in an even worse situation than Star Fox; at least the latter had a remake of one of its most famous titles in 2011 and a new game announced at this year's E3!

Worse yet, Andy himself hasn't been in a game since 2005. With no appearance in his home franchise's most recent game (as different as Days of Ruin is compared to the others), plus no new game on the horizon, Andy's chance of being in is all but shot to pieces.

Want: Abstain

I haven't played any of Advance Wars, and I have little to no idea what his moveset potential looks like. Jury's out.

Predictions
Ghirahim: 22.74%
Brain Age Stage: 11.25%

Nominations

Rundas x5

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Andy:
Chances: 0,2%
Want: 5%

-Phoenix Wright Trophy:
Chances: 17%
Want: 30%

-Ghirahim Prediction: 24%

-Brain Age Stage Prediction: 31%

-Nominations: Hyrule Warriors Alternate Costumes X5

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Andy: Chances: 25%
I think the Wars series is prime for a true revival and perhaps Sakurai is thinking a little less retro for his revival this time around. The series has been around since the Famicom, and might be longest running series to not have representation in Smash. I think Andy would the most likely choice out of the bunch from Advance Wars group. But the dormancy of the series hurts it, and Sakurai hasnt represent well in the past.

Want: 99%
The other 1% is because Sami gets a higher want then him. But really, I love the Wars series and I hope Nintendo does something with it in the future. If Andy or Sami being playable can help that, that would be great as well. I think a Wars character could have some great offensive moves and really fun to play as.

Phoenix Wright Trophy:
Chances: 20%
The series has been a Nintendo mainstay, but I think the third party trophies would be more of the de facto representatives from companies, so long as that character has a strong history with Nintendo. Mega Man's already in the game, and Ryu has a strong connection to Nintendo, as last time I checked he was pretty close to the face of Capcom. If the third party trophies are plentiful per company, then I think we will see more.
I object to anyone putting less than 100%

Nominations:
Shulk Assist Trophy x5

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Andy

Chance - 50%

It is hard for me to determine how much of a chance that Andy has. One can only hope for him to get in and warrant a playable spot.

Want - 65%

I don't hate the guy to be honest, but I believe Sami would be the best Advance Wars Character.

Phoenix Wright Trophy

Chance - 75%

I would think Sakurai would put something for the series that has supported Nintendo throughout its entire life.

Want - 99%

I would love Ace Attorney to get the recognition it deserves for supporting the Nintendo Handhelds.

Request - Added Assist Trophy Feature.

Morbi

Scavenger
Phoenix Trophy Chance: 90%
After Rayman, it is apparent that we will get more third-party character trophies. Capcom is already collaborating with Nintendo. I would be more surprised at its absence than its inclusion by a significant margin.

Phoenix Trophy Want: 50%
I am indifferent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andy Chance: 10%
I believe that one out of every ten rosters designed by the creative director would include, Andy.

Andy Want: 55%
I am indifferent to his inclusion. I do; however, want him above other characters that I am indifferent about as he is reminiscent of Monkey D. Luffy.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Andy chances: 12 %
Nintendo Wars is one of the most important Nintendo series without a playable character, so it kinda deserves one, and one game was released after Brawl (okay actually it was released before Brawl, but like Mario Galaxy the game was too recent). Andy isn't in this game, but he could be chosen a a playable rep, because he's probably one of the most recognizable character from the series (I don't know the Wars series very well).

Andy want: 44 %
Even though I never played a Nintendo Wars game I won't say that I don't have any connection to the series like I said for Eternal Darkness and Geist, because I known that the series existed and I roughly known how the game plays as well. As a military character he would have his moveset partially based on Snake's if he's cut, so an entire playstyle wouldn't be cut from Brawl. Otherwise I don't care that much about Andy.

Phoenix Wright trophy chances: 51 %
I see the Rayman trophy as an opportunity for third-party characters to be featured in SSB4 as trophies. Assuming it's right, a Phoenix Wright trophy looks likely, due to the series being developed by Capcom, the same company who owns Mega Man, and the Ace Attorney being exclusively released on handheld Nintendo consoles. A such trophy would be a cool 3DS exclusive one.

Phoenix Wright trophy want: 67 %
I never played an Ace Attorney game, but that would be cool.

Predictions:
Ghirahim: 23,78 %
Brain Age stage, 31,33 %

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Magikarp x4
Concept: non-Fire Emblem franchise with exactly four playable reps x1

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Handy Manny:
Chance: 14%
Lets see: dormant franchise, not known to the greater public, competition in its own series.
But Sakurai seems to look for new series and AW has senority.

Want: 20%
I don't want Snake back. :troll:

A trophy from California and by that I mean Japan:
Rayman has one, so they are looking for other third parties represented.
Capcom is already represented.
I think this is really possible.

I have no objections. :troll:

Predictions:
Ghirahim: 26%
Brain Age stage: 36,3%

Nominations:
Mega Mewtwo Y x5

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Handy Manny:
Chance: 14%
Lets see: dormant franchise, not known to the greater public, competition in its own series.
But Sakurai seems to look for new series and AW has senority.

Want: 20%
I don't want Snake back. :troll:

A trophy from California and by that I mean Japan:
Rayman has one, so they are looking for other third parties represented.
Capcom is already represented.
I think this is really possible.

I have no objections. :troll:

Predictions:
Ghirahim: 26%
Brain Age stage: 36,3%

Nominations:
Mega Mewtwo Y x5
If you have a big OBJECTION
To where I'm coming from
You can TAKE THAT, HOLD IT,
and shove it up your bum. :troll:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Phoenix Wright trophy chance - 60%

Pretty likely considering Nintendo already has Capcom on board and Ace Attorney is a popular series. However there's still a slight chance Rayman turns out to be just an anomaly.

Phoenix Wright trophy want - 100%

Oh yes please. Although I'd prefer if the trophy had both Phoenix Wright and Maya Fey on it.

Andy chance - 20%

Not looking too hot but anything could still happen. All we really have going against an Advance Wars rep is our assumptions.

Andy Want - 90%

Not necessarily Andy, any Advance Wars rep would be really cool.

D

Deleted member

Phoenix Wright Trophy:
Chance - 65%: Slightly above 50%. I think this is certainly possible. We don't know the circumstances regarding Rayman, but if having third party guest trophies extends to other characters too, Phoenix Wright will probably get one. The only time he hasn't been on a Nintendo console (excluding ports) is UMvC3.
Want - 100%: Hell yeah. I may be in a minority, but I would have rather had Wright over Mega Man. I love this guy and his games. Even if he just appeared as a trophy, it would be great.

Andy:
Chance - 5%: I don't see it happening.
Want - 75%: Sure. He seems like he could be interesting.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
With all the Pheonix love, I think that a Pheonix Wright trophy might end up as our most wanted newcomer:troll:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Well, the thing is a concept like a trophy has no reason to elicit low want scores unless it's completely absurd.

For one, there's barely competition for trophies especially now we know there's more in the 3DS version alone than there were in Brawl.
Then Rayman getting one means every iconic third party that seems impossible in terms of playability could get a trophy.
And then even if people don't care, at the least that's a 50%. All things considered it's an idea that doesn't step on any toes so it has no reason to be actively hated, particularly since we're talking about a character that's not one people hate nor is he likely to be playable.

Now I'm wondering how this would stack up versus ideas like a Layton trophy, or a Bomberman trophy, etc.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Well, the thing is a concept like a trophy has no reason to elicit low want scores unless it's completely absurd.

For one, there's barely competition for trophies especially now we know there's more in the 3DS version alone than there were in Brawl.
Then Rayman getting one means every iconic third party that seems impossible in terms of playability could get a trophy.
And then even if people don't care, at the least that's a 50%. All things considered it's an idea that doesn't step on any toes so it has no reason to be actively hated, particularly since we're talking about a character that's not one people hate nor is he likely to be playable.

Now I'm wondering how this would stack up versus ideas like a Layton trophy, or a Bomberman trophy, etc.
I was only joking. I think any trophy that we rate will get high amounts of approval.:colorful:

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I was only joking. I think any trophy that we rate will get high amounts of approval.:colorful:
If we weren't so close to release, this would probably prompt a "Challenge Accepted!" followed by nominations of stuff like a King Harkinian trophy, a Seattle Mariners trophy, or w.e. else absurdity would have brought to mind.

But alas, it is too late for such silliness.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Abstaining from Andy.

Phoenix Wright Trophy
chance : 65%
I don't know wether Rayman is the exception or the rule but if his appearance means that other third parties who may not receive a playable character but may still receive a friendly nod in the games, then I'd definitely see Phoenix Wright as a possible candidate to receive the trophy treatment.

Definitely want, if Rayman gets a trophy, then Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton should definitely get one too! :)

predictions
Ghirahim : 26.5%
Brain Age stage : 34.3%

Nominations
Outset Toon Link alternate costume x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom