• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
Rosalina: 100%
Duh. This is never changing.
I thought she'd make the perfect character, fresh and unique,
And she did.
The complaints against her are hilarious. "She's too unique and that's just annoying!" Lol, cry about it.
Also, I'd like to give a shout-out to the Toad supporters out there. It seems like you have all looked at what you got and have been able to accept it, and have even come to like it. It seems as though the Bowser Jr fans felt entitled to receive the character they wanted and only that character. It makes me sick to see that. I see the opinion on Rosalina rising each time from Toad supporters, but the Bowser Jr supporters always rank her the same. It's always the same few people giving her 0s. Anybody who thinks that way deserves to be upset IMO.
Wii Fit Trainer: 88%
Messed around with Wii Fit with a couple of friends recently and that made me appreciate her addition much more than originally. I love the fact that they were able to create a moveset that made sense for her of all people. I also like the male alt.
Villager: 72%
A good pick, but he doesn't interest me as much as most of the newcomers. I like the swaps though.
Mega Man: 75%
Looked low-tier in the demo but I'm not going to let that hurt my opinion of him much.

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Wii Fit Trainers: 0%

Last time I gave them 10% because I had no idea what their playstyle would be. Thanks to the demos, I've seen a ton of gameplay of the Trainers, and I can honestly say that I don't have the slightest interest in playing as them.

Here's what I posted before, and I still stand by it:

She's an even bigger blank slate then the Mii and Villager! Other characters that I have liked that I wasn't expecting, Ice Climbers, G&W, ROB, they were so unique, they had personality, the Trainer feels unique to me because... she isn't. She's just a human. Who stretches. She is a novelty to me solely because she wasn't expected to be in the game. I'm more excited for any of the other characters then her, veterans and newcomers. The only time I will ever choose to use her is to get her trophy in Classic, and if I ever happen to random her.

Rosalina and Luma: 60%

Rosalina and Luma have risen in favor in my eyes. I've seen how she plays, and while I still don't think I'll be very good with her, I think I'll have fun trying to use her. But I haven't enjoyed any puppet characters beforehand, so I'll give her the benefit of doubt.

Plus I'm more confident that we might get another Mario character that I wanted more then her. (Captain Toad 4 DLC)

Villager : 70%

Copy Paste time!

The character looks interesting to play as, but I have no personal attachment to him. I will probably like playing as them, but they don't do much more for me then that.

Also, I've never played an Animal Crossing game. Don't hate me...

Megaman: 80%

Copy paste time: The sequel

I've never played a Megaman game. (SACRILEGE!!!!) So why is he higher? Because I appreciate what he stands for in Smash Bros. He's a dead character from a third party company, but Nintendo has brought him back to life. There's something about that that I really, really like. Just seeing how much people were freaking out about him getting into Smash Bros, I like that he got in. He deserved it.

Plus he's got coolest Final Smash hands down.

And I don't care in the slightest about tier lists, so that won't spoil my view of him.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Villager: 43% - He has some fun looking moves but I'm otherwise not a big fan of the character.

Mega Man: 64% - He's one of the most iconic video game characters there is and he fits into Smash perfectly, but I wish they'd gone for a more modern design. That's just a personal nitpick.

Wii Fit Trainer: 71% - I don't think anyone can stand against the incredible-zen-aerobic-acrobat-ninja-amazonian-faceless-emotionless-pale-killer-zombie-mannequin.

Rosalina: 89% - I loved her in the galaxy series and I love gimmick fighters like Ice Climbers and Olimar. She's one of my absolute favorite characters so far.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Villager: 100%
Mega Man: 100%
Wii Fit Trainer: 30%
Rosalina: 60%

Opinions haven't changed for any of these. No complaints with Villager and Mega Man, want to try out Rosalina but I'm still not a fan of the character, and WFT still doesn't interest me much.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Villager 70%
Mega man 100%
Rosalina 90%
Wii fit trainer 50%
the only one these newcomers that I didn't like was WFT but over time the character has grown on me

CanadianSmasher1992

Smash Cadet
Villager - 100%

Awesome, unique moveset. Villager was the first character I played for Smash Fest and from what I could tell, he was pretty good. Besides Animal Crossing definitely deserves a rep and Villager is the best option for an AC Character. Also love the multiple alternate costumes. Creepy yellow shirt guy all the way!

Megaman - 100%

Going on Youtube and watching people react over Megaman's announcement from E3 2013 still gives me the chills. Even though I haven't played every single Megaman game ever, I know how much he was loved by so many. And FIGHTING TO SAVE THE WORLD was the best moment of the Smash Invitational. Even if you don't like him, you have to give him some points for that amazing E3 moment.

Rosalina and Luma - 100%

I really like her. She has a unique moveset and she brings something different to Smash. Though controlling Luma seems like it'll be difficult, if it wasn't for her and DJ Nintendo, we also wouldn't have FIGHTING TO SAVE THE WORLD. Therefore, she gets 100% from me.

Wii Fit Trainer - 95%

Although I feel like her series could have been better repped with items and trophies, she does bring something different with her unique moveset, which is why she is this high. I just wish though that some of her moves were different. I'm still kind of annoyed that her Sun Salutation randomly creates a chargeable projectile. I view her as just an ordinary yoga trainer, but to have a move that randomly summons a giant ball of energy seems too out of place even for Smash. But that's just my opinion I guess. I also wish she had a different Final Smash. Maybe having all her opponents do a yoga workout would have been really cool and much more original. Like can you imagine Bowser (and Ridley) doing yoga poses?!

Claire Farron

Smash Rookie
Villager: 80%
Cool addition, very imaginative moveset

Mega Man:50%
I don't care about him at all but I guess he was probably the best 3rd party character to add.

Wii Fit Trainer: 100%
Very strange addition which definitely adds a lot to the roster in the sense that she makes people say "we got WFT so why not ___?" I played as her during Smash fest and she was a very strong character especially with Deep Breathing!
Rosalina: 80%
Very unique character who I didn't expect and seems like a much more controlled Ice Climber.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Wii Fit Trainer: 75%
I wasn't too big on her when she was announced but I am actually looking forward to her. I'll admit, she isn't the most expressive like others and, lets be honest, is pretty much a blank slate. However, she's not a clone... that's gotta count for something. Also, she actually does have some things going for her to make her unique: deep breathing + sun salutation combo and multiple attacks that hit in multiple directions. I am looking forward to playing her and I think she'll have a large appearance in competitive play.

Villager: 70%
Up 5% (I think) from my last satisfaction rating on him. After seeing some gameplay on him, I am more open on him. I don't really want to put him any higher because I can't see myself using him too much. I don't know but his moveset doesn't look too appealing to me but I could change.

MegaMan: 100%
I haven't actually played a MegaMan but hot damn that moveset! I really like the look of his highly projectile moveset. I realy liked Toon Link in Brawl and he was a highly projectile based character as well so I can really see MegaMan being one of my mains as well. Probably a character that would take some more exploring than most to master but I accept the challenge.

Rosalina: 90%
I really don't have any complaints on her, just that I'm probably not going to use her to an incredible amount.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
:4villager:Villager: 90%
The Villager is the only character that I would consider to be one of the fabled "Nintendo All Star's" that Nintendo hasn't put into smash bros yet, so it's good to see him on that alone. I admit I haven't played Animal Crossing Yet and it doesn't look like something that would interest me, but there is something about him that makes me happy to see him here.

:4megaman:Mega Man: 85%
Funnily enough, Megaman excited me the least out of the newcomers announced last E3, I guess I don't really have any connections to the character, but I can say that he is a worthy 3rd party rep and Sakurai and team have done a great job representing the character.

:4wiifit:Wii Fit Trainer: 92%
One of my biggest concerns about the roster before E3 last year was that the roster was going to be... predictable, as soon as I saw that the Wii Fit Trainer was playable, I never doubted that it would be again. She also look's like a lot of fun to use but she won't take to long to get used to her.

:rosalina:Rosalina: 97%
Controversial opinion time, Rosalina was the most deserving Mario character to take the fifth Mario character slot. Toad has been around for longer but Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser do a good enough job representing Mario's beginnings, what Rosalina represents is The Mario Galaxy games, and if the best games in existence don't deserve a rep then I don't know what does. That and Rosalina is a lot more popular with the Mario fanbase than any of the other potential reps.
Rosalina also has one of the most unique moveset in the game and she just look's like a lot of fun to use.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Mega Man 85%
Although I'm not a big Mega Man fan myself, I understand the significance of his inclusion and am happy for both the fans and the historical significance.

Wii Fit Trainer:80%
Asked me this at her reveal? Well the score was likely 30%. With time and a chance, I've released she's really not that bad. She's unique and as much as I don't want to admit it.... important to Nintendo...somewhat..Ahhh

Rosalina: 89%
Looking forward to trying out her puppet moveset. Big fan of the Galaxy games and I view her as their rep. Even though most people scratch their heads at her conclusion, Rosalina is a rising star. Pun intended? She's only going to become more prominent in future mario titles and I wouldn't be surprised if she has her own game.

Villager: 85%
Villager is awesome. Rad moveset. True to his game. Menacing and uses the power of capitalism to kill!

The newcomer choices are far better than most people give them credit for and they only seem to improve over time as we near release

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
:4villager: Villager :4villager: : Animal Crossing's Residential Psychotic Murderer is shaping up to be my new main. I love AC to death and his simple yet fun design and delightfully wacky moveset make me happy. Satisfaction: 100%

:4megaman: Mega Man :4megaman: : The Super Fighting Robot is also shaping himself into a new main of mine. His widespread moveset and insane range make him look fun, too bad he'll probably be low tier. Satisfaction: 100%

:4wiifit: Wii Fit Trainer :4wiifit: : Unfortunately, Miss Fit does not excite me very much, similar to Greninja and... well, she's better than DAMN Lucina. She looks fun but the choice is just too oddball for me to take seriously as a fighter. I'll play her on occasion (I like to play everyone) but... Satisfaction: 5%

:rosalina: Rosalina & Luma :rosalina: : At first, I was like, "WHAT? ROSALINA OVER TOAD? BULLSH*T!" but then I realized something; Super Mario Galaxy is one of my all-time favorite games. The music, the level design, even Rosalina herself make a great game. Love her in Mario Kart, plus her unique gimmick looks really awesome, albeit possibly hard to control. Only time will tell if I main her alongside Pac-Man, Mac, Mii, Villager, and Mega Man. Satisfaction: 100%

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Villager - 80%
The memes alone have made the character worth it. But AC definitely deserved a character, as its just too popular to not have one.

Mega Man - 100%
The only third party character you will ever need. Also:

Wii Fit Trainer - 75%
And interesting choice that represents the Wii series well.

Rosalina - 90%
I'm glad that Rosalina got added. I joined the bandwagon late (right as she was announced for 3D World), but I joined it nonetheless.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Villager Satisfaction: 95%

Animal Crossing is a great series that's become an important part of Nintendo. It's long overdue for a representative, and the Villager is a great choice with a rather fun looking move set.

Mega Man Satisfaction: 90%

A legendary character in video game history. One of the best choices they could make for a Third Party character. Though I have to take off a few points due to me having no real connection with him. Even so, I appreciate how important he is as a video game icon, and I think he deserves to be in Smash.

Wii Fit Trainer Satisfaction: 85%

I figured we would get some kind of character no one expected or even necessarily wanted, so unlike the majority of people here, I don't dislike the Wii Fit Trainer. The idea of her being in Smash is so ludicrous that I have a hard time not liking her, and even though she's a ridiculous character choice she still makes sense as a representative of an important part of Nintendo's recent history. I think she'll be fun.

Rosalina Satisfaction: 100%

As I've said before, it was Rosalina's reveal that got me really excited for this game, enough for me to want to join the speculating community. While not the most obvious choice for a new Mario character, I think her inclusion makes sense and I love what they're doing with her play style. I can't wait to play as her when the games come out.

D

Deleted member

All: 80%. None of them got me excited as much as the concept of a new Smash Bros. did. However, none of them are bad choices, and they all look like they have have some interesting moves. I don't intend to play any of them seriously, but I'm glad they're playable.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Villager - 60%: A rather interesting character, though not one that really has my interests.

Mega Man - 70%: A nice character to represent Capcom. Of course, I never really got into Mega Man titles.

Wii Fit Trainer - 50%: She seemed like a very odd inclusion, and didn't really catch my interest very much.

Rosalina - 100%: I had to deal with a good deal of people who were against Rosalina before her reveal. Seeing her confirmation really gave me a lucky break, and her playstyle with the Luma looks rather promising. Sure, Rosalina may have been an unexpected inclusion to some, but she has touched my heart throughout the years.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Villager: 70%
He's OK, I do like how they drew from his games, but I'm mostly neutral on him.

Mega Man: 100%
I like how he transitioned from his home series to Smash. He has many nods to his history and the abilities that he's gained over the years, and they're brought together very well, making a fantastic moveset for this character. Due to that, he's a great newcomer and a treat to see in the game.

WFT: 20%
There's not a lot about her that stand out to me, so I'm not that interested in her.

Rosalina: 80%
I like the puppeteer moveset, and I look forward to trying it out.

Eleventy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eleventyseventy
3DS FC
4828-5212-8645
:4villager:: 100% - Lovable psycho. I can't wait to use him.

:4megaman:: 70% - I may be in the minority that aren't so excited about using him but I can definitely appreciate his inclusion.

:4wiifit:: 75% - She actually seems like a fun character! I'll probably only use her for a laugh though.

:rosalina:: 85% - I don't particularly like Rosalina but I love the idea of controlling Luma. I think it's brilliant. If I can't use my beloved Ice Climbers in the next Smash I'll be devastated, sure, but I think I'll be able to settle for the Rosalina + Luma combo.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
:4villager:: 60% - I'm glad he's in, but I don't think I'll use him very often.

:4megaman:: 100% - After Geno, he is my favorite video game character ever. His inclusion feels like a great victory, I plan on maining him.

:4wiifit:: 70% - Eh, she's unique. I don't have anything against her but I don't like her too much either.

:rosalina:: 30% Her mechanics look fun, and I'll probably play her more than Villager and WFTrainer. But I'm more displeased about her overall character, rather than simply her inclusion in Smash. She's so similar (looking) to Peach! I COULD THINK OF A FEW OTHER STAR WARRIORS I'D RATHER HAVE..

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I'll try to keep it short and swanky.

:4villager: 100%: From initial reveal to BestBuy Smashfest, the newcomer I look forward to spending time with the most. I'm a diehard Animal Crossing fan and Animal Crossing was one of those franchises was long overdue for a character. Villager was the best choice for that, amalgamating different tools and facets of everyday town life and then some. Sakurai's character design philosophies are done to a T here.
:4megaman: 97%: SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT! MEGA MAN! I think it's safe to say, who wasn't hyped and squeeing like a homonal fangirl when the Blue Bomber was revealed? Mega Man is a character that has been pretty synonymous with Nintendo through the generations and he fits so well in this epoch of all-stars. One thing that's particularly relieving of his reveal is that he seemed overdue since Brawl. From Smash Flash to the fan art and speculation, he always felt like a severed Siamese twin of the rest of the characters. It just shows how relevant he's been with the fanbase for years. Deduced his score a bit just because i have little personal attachment to him.
:4wiifit: 60%: Our token WTF character. So much so that she got me to lie in bed and contemplate life at 5 AM post-E3. She took me a bit to warm up to. She was so left field that I felt a temporary void of newcomers because I didn't fully realize her character. But I grew to her and she's a pretty hilarious edition. Even if her standard seem like they were modeled right off figurine poses. She just doesn't get me excited, really.
:rosalina: 95%: I dunno why I didn't support her earlier. Yeah, I didn't buy into the BS Peach clone strawman. She was just more released when she was revealed. Anyways, Rosalina's one of my favorite Mario characters and I she's somewhat of a main for me in more recent Mario spinoffs. Not only that, but she's a genuinely interesting and relatable character a la her significance in the Super Mario Galaxy games. All these ideas folded into one character just sum up to why I love Rosalina: she's a character Nintendo took time creating over the past few years. Smash is starting to run out of notable characters from all series with this installment. Unlike many one-off characters and characters deemed to filler, Rosalina demonstrates that she has more importance to Nintendo than people realize. I'll probably second her by the time the game comes out, as I didn't get to try her out at BestBuy. (Also, she brings along the Lumas! D'aww, the little wad of space gel wouldn't have made it in without mommy! That's a character you would've been lynched for supporting alone. Seriously, Luma could use some love too. :4luma:)

Last edited:

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
You missed to add Tomorrows before these

I respect your opinion on Palutena but the "too serious argument" is a bit odd, so people expect her to go around laughing and making puns like a clown? On the other hand I HIGHLY suggest you to try KIU as soon as posible, the game is full of funny moments, but also shows some serious moments and Palutena isn't shown making puns all the time, you won't regret your time with this game so go and buy it this second.
Whilst I don't expect her to always play the clown, she seems like a fun expressive character in both the game and Palutena's revolting dinner (I think I got the title right.) So I thought she'd look a bit more expressive.

I'll take your recommendation, and see if I can get my hands on the game. (And circle pad plus because damn my left-handedness haha)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
D'aww, the little wad of space gel wouldn't have made it in without mommy! That's a character you would've been lynched for supporting alone. Seriously, Luma could use some love too.
I've said it before, but - I think Luma alone would make for a much more potentially unique character than the majority of fan requests, especially the commonly requested Mario characters.

Because people seem to forget that Lumas can transform into LITERALLY ANYTHING.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
:4villager: Villager: 70%
I was one of the ones who thought an Animal Crossing character didn't have enough movepool potential to make it. That they'd end up fairly generic and boring, little more than franchise lip service where a more interesting character could've made it instead.

I'm glad I was wrong. I had a pretty neutral response when he showed up in the trailer (I want to say my reaction was "okay, sure, I guess"), but as we learned more about him I gained a lot of respect for how they built a truly unique movepool and playstyle using all the (mostly) innocuous things you can do in Animal Crossing. I don't plan on using him, but I see why so many people wanted an AC character in.

:4megaman: Mega Man: 90%
One of gaming's biggest icons returns in a giant love letter to his old stomping grounds on the NES and SNES, and his movepool is loaded with weapons he gathered in the classic games. This guy was what got me from being interested in SSB4 to hyped. And then they topped it all off with a Final Smash that pays more homage to all the Mega Men than anything his parent company has done in years.

Hey, Nintendo. You'd do a better job with Capcom than the likes of EA or Ubisoft. Just saying.

:4wiifit: Wii Fit Trainer: 45%
We've had a character in each game that no one saw coming...but I don't think anyone was expecting SSB4's "wtf" newcomer to be the third one revealed.

Miss Fit took some time to grow on me. Like the Villager, it was seeing her in action in the Directs that got me to think she was a worthy addition, with a moveset based on fitness and exercise poses that feels thematically whole.

That said...I'm still not that interested in her. Maybe it's because I've never played Wii Fit. Maybe she's just overshadowed in my head by other newcomers.

:rosalina: Rosalina & Luma: 90%
Talk about your surprises. So much of the discussion about Mario newcomers was focused on Toad and Waluigi and Bowser Jr. But instead, Rosalina came flying in...and I think the roster is that much more interesting for it.

I don't get the Rosalina hate. She may be newer than many other Mario characters, but she's become very well liked in a short time, in no small part to her backstory and the means through which she tells it. She's (sort of) a spellcaster, rare in Smash, and the series' first puppeteer character. Her ability to direct the Luma around and have it use its own unique attacks alongside her gives her the ability to do things the Ice Climbers (where Nana is more a familiar than anything else) can't.

We haven't even seen Rosalina's full potential yet. I bet once fall comes around and Rosalina players start figuring out how to utilize the Luma, we'll see some truly impressive stuff.

Groose

Smash Champion
Do we really need to constantly rerate the confirmed characters? I don't think anyone's opinion has changed that much.
We started doing it when we only got a single newcomer once every two months or more, so a lot could change over that period of time. Now that we're likely to get one every month, I'm reconsidering doing another of these days... until right before release, of course.

:4villager:: 100%
Initially, I had my reservations about Villager. I wasn't too fond of having a mute avatar as a playable character, and I thought that it would have been better if they had chosen a character with more personality from the colorful world of Animal Crossing. However, I still really loved how he looked in action--I'm a huge Animal Crossing fan, and he tied in so much of the series through his moveset that it was completely awesome. I had imagined a similar moveset for Tom Nook, so seeing something even better than I had dreamed of was really nice. As time has gone on, however, my reservations about Villager being a generic avatar have left me, and I now see Villager as a truly amazing newcomer bursting with personality who is likely to become my main.

:4megaman:: 100%
Mega Man wasn't my most wanted newcomer. I wanted him, but there were other characters and franchises that I wanted to see in first. Even so, I can't deny that Mega Man is the perfect addition and the one with which I am most satisfied. It's remarkable just how much detail they've put into him--I still marvel at how close his animations and movements match his 8-Bit incarnation, and it's incredible how every one of his moves is drawn from one of his games, with no filler whatsoever. It's also great how his Final Smash brings the entire franchise into play, and I love the glorious music that's coming with him.

:4wiifit:: 25%
Although I'd take her over Lucina any day, I'm still not a fan of Ms. Fit. Everyone still uses the whole, "Wii Fit deserves representation" argument, but I still don't see sales alone as justification for getting a character. Wii Fit may have sold enough to earn a character, and I fully support it getting a stage, music, item, assist trophy, trophies, stickers, and all that, but I simply don't feel it was necessary to add the trainer as a character. The only time I'll really use her is when I'm deliberately messing around or sandbagging. I do really like her for that purpose, but it's not enough for me to be satisfied with her as a whole.

:rosalina:: 90%
Rosie has been growing on me. By this point, I've warmed up to her enough that I'm not the slightest bit disappointed that she was chosen of Toad, Waluigi, and Junior (though this was one thing I held against her for a long time). I still hold reservations about how gimmicky she is, however; while I really, really want to give the puppeteer a shot at this point, I don't think she's a character I'll be able to use for the long hall; my impression is that she's just a bit too technical. Oh, and I can't wait to pit her against the Lady Palutena; that should be one epic fight. She interacts better with the other characters than I initially expected.

DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Newcomer Satisfaction Scores
89.55%--Robin

86.95%--Mega Man
83.36%--Villager
74.18%--Rosalina
71.40%--Lucina

63.51%--Wii FIt Trainer
It looks like even Mega Man and Villager, two characters that have traditionally been rated very highly in satisfaction, were unable to best Robin in that category. That said, we have yet to see the full picture--we still have a few more characters to rate before we analyze how they all stack up. Please rate Little Mac, Greninja, Mii Fighter, Palutena, and Pac-Man in satisfaction today. Will one of them manage to topple Robin? ...and will Miis wind up at the bottom again? Tomorrow we'll be getting back to the grind and doing some chance ratings, but I don't have a schedule finalized yet, and predictions are still barred for one more day. Bis spaeter!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Everyone:
Still gets 100%. Even Mii Fighters. Ice-T vs Abraham Lincoln is just too awesome to be lowered.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
:4littlemac:: 75%
I can't really see myself using him and he wasn't really one of my most wanted but I can appreciate him.

:4greninja:: 95%
Okay, I was very surprised to see Greninja make it when I was expecting Mewtwo instead and when he was revealed, I was in a state of shock. I couldn't appreciate his playstyle the first time I saw him but now, my opinion has become very positive.

:4mii:: 50%
This is the only newcomer that I have mixed opiions on. I'm glad that Sakurai put effort into them because without it, I probably would give them a 0% satisfaction but honestly, I never actually cared for them.

:4palutena::85%
Palutena looks cool and I'm glad sh got in but again, I can't see myself going for her. I could change my mind when I get to play her though.

:4pacman:: 100%
What can I say, Pac-Man is one of gamings greatest icons and to see him with Mario, Sonic and MegaMan alone is awesome. But there are other reaons he's one of my favourite newcomers so far. For one, THEY DIDN'T USE HIS GHOSTLY ADVENTURES LOOK! It was a pleasant surprise for me but I love it. Secondly, his moveset, it looks awesome. I find it funy that everyone was struggling to make a moveset for him and Sakurai seemlessly pulls it off. It's times like this when I want to say Bravo Sakurai.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
:4littlemac: 100% - One of my most wanted characters, and he seems fun to play as.
:4greninja: 99% - When playing Pokemon Y, I actually thought about how cool it'd be to have Greninja in Smash, so I was really excited when it happened. The only reason that he doesn't get 100% is that I'm kinda worried about Jiggs.
:4mii: 100% - I originally didn't want Miis, but then when I saw what Sakurai did with them, they became one of my most anticipated newcomers.
:4palutena: 80% - She's a cool character, but there's a couple of Kid Icarus characters that I'd rather have.
:4pacman: 90% - He seems really unique and fun, and I'm really impressed at how well they did him.

D

Deleted member

2014 Newcomers Satisfaction has been added to the Directory.
If you have rated these characters, check to see what you've said!

Champion of the Ring, Little Mac
Satisfaction:
100%

Robin, you may tip the scales, but you couldn't knockout Little Mac. For months, he has engaged in Title Defense Mode and has held onto his title as my most satisfied newcomer. The trailer is incredible as is his moveset. When the game comes out, he might be the first one that I try out, granted if Shulk isn't unlocked from the beginning. I have already made my mind on maining him!

Greninja
Satisfaction:
90%

He might not be a character that I would play very often, but he will definitely be a fun character. I'll admit that Greninja isn't the most interesting newcomer and he didn't hype me as much as other characters, but I'm still pleased with him nonetheless. I used a Greninja in X & Y and it didn't disappoint!

Mii Fighters
Satisfaction:
-300% (0%)

I am sick of the Miis and seeing them so many damn times in the Pics of the Day. Their pics are just as bad as filler pics, in my opinion.

Palutena
Satisfaction:
50%

I'm back in indifferentville again. I'm not opposed towards Palutena, but I'm not hyped for her either. I'm a bit meh over her. Perhaps better explanation of her moveset or moves would be nice, Sakurai. Or, how about telling me what her default specials are? I can't make a good opinion on her because she is so shrouded in mystery.

Pac-Man
Satisfaction:
95%

Pac-Man, on the other hand, is a newcomer that has grown on me more since the last time. His trailer is among one of my favorites and I am digging what I have seen in his moveset. He's not my 3rd party of choice, but he is still a fantastic newcomer addition.

My satisfaction goes like this in this order:
Little Mac (100%)
Robin (100%)
Mega Man (100%)
Villager (100%)
Pac-Man (95%)
Greninja (90%)
Palutena (50%)
Lucina (30%)
Wii Fit Trainer (15%)
Rosalina (0%)
Mii Fighters (-300% / 0%)

Last edited by a moderator:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Palutena
Satisfaction:
50%

I'm back in indifferentville again. I'm not opposed towards Palutena, but I'm not hyped for her either. I'm a bit meh over her. Perhaps better explanation of her moveset or moves would be nice, Sakurai. Or, how about telling me what her default specials are? I can't make a good opinion on her because she is so shrouded in mystery.
Default specials are posted to mii-verse on a rolling basis. Here's Palutena's moveset:
http://smashbros-miiverse.com/characters/palutena

Nvm. Anyways:

:4pacman: &:4greninja: - 100%
:4palutena: & :4littlemac: - 80%
:4mii: - 0% (x3), These are the only newcomers that I am disappointed in. Their attacks just look like a mash-up of those of others on the roster, and it appears as if they were deliberately designed to be as bland as possible. I wouldn't have minded just getting one mii, though.

Overall (for those interested):

:4greninja: > :4pacman: > :4robinf: > :4wiifit: >>>:rosalina: >:4megaman: > :4villager: >>> :4palutena:> :4littlemac: >>>:4lucina: >>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>:4mii:

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Little Mac 10% - boring generic boxer. Won't even touch it with a ten-foot pole.
-Greninja 40% - Not into this Pokemon flavor of the month.
-Mii Fighter 20% - horrible but understandable family/business decision.
-Palutena 50% - expected. Looks a bit overpowered.
-Pacman 100% - one of the world's greatest, a gaming icon, etc. I'm beyond happy Sakurai went with his classic design.

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
You know that is a fan site, Sakurai hasn't stated which are her default special, until Sakurai mention them everything is speculation regarding her default specials
Huh. On closer inspection I now see fansite written at the top. Thank you for pointing that out.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
:4littlemac: 75%
He was one of my most wanted due to the importance of the series, but I have to say ... the more I see him in the game the more boring he gets. He's like inverse WFT for me ... she seems more and more interesting and balanced, and little mac seems more and more uninteresting.
I like that he's in the game though, he fits really well. Just not a character for me.

:4greninja: 100%
Greninja looks simply amazing and so much fun to play. I love how well it fits, I love what the internet has done with the character, and I'm really glad a pokemon I like but that didn't seem likely actually happened.
Not sure if it'll be main or secondary, but I'll be using it a lot.

:4mii: 0%
I've said everything I've had to say about the mii

:4palutena:100%
All of my hype. ALL OF IT. My main main.

:4pacman: 100%
Wanted him for a long time, makes sense in the game, looks and sounds amazing. Can't wait to see more gameplay.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
:4littlemac: - 100%
"Just punches" was the worst excuse for him to not get in, let's face it. But even so, Nintendo has shown that it's very possible for him to get a good moveset.
:4greninja: - 100%
Probably the best choice for a 6th gen rep, and pulled off fantastically.
:4mii: - 60%
I expected to hate them. But I'm more just indifferent. I guess these guys will mostly just be my backup plan in case Layton doesn't get in.
:4palutena: - 0%
The only character I'm actually distinctly dissatisfied with. EDIT: Because my reasonings spurred a lot of controversy, they have been removed from this post. Sorry about my idiocy.
:4pacman: - 100%
All doubts about him were expelled when I saw his trailer. Just simply awesome.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Little Mac: 100%

Little Mac gets his criticism for being too plain, generic, whatever you want to call it. I think he translated well as a playable character. He offers an interesting style that sharply contrasts with what we have so far as a ground focused attacker who relies on punches. His moves look like they belong and I think Bandai Namco has succeeded in carving out a place for him.

Greninja: 100%

I lost count of these Pokemon, so naturally, I knew next to nothing about Greninja when his trailer dropped. He looks like a cool character. One area of contention with him is that he was picked before his popularity was ever established, which is generally the main criteria for being in as a Pokemon. After seeing how he turned out, I think he was a good choice anyway.

Mii Fighter: 0%

I can hear the wailing screams of quality newcomers being flushed down the toilet due to this gimmick and the development time it must have eaten up. A zero is being generous. I've already discussed them in saying their aesthetics feel lazy and are best suited for the Miiverse, where they belong. You dare bring Miis to my lair?! YOU MUST DIE!

Palutena: 100%

What she brings as a newcomer is interesting. I've never seen so many spells performed by one Smash character. She, with Zelda, bring the magic heavy dynamic to this game. Some may argue that her credentials are a little shaky, being a secondary protagonist of a revived retro franchise, but I feel it was a sound pick. This is Pit's boss after all.

Pac-Man: 100%

I had an unhealthy addiction to this game growing up. It's kind of strange to see a character who I never thought in a million years would be playable actually be... well, playable. I don't know what to expect from this newcomer given his very limited screen time, but I'm scoring under the assumption he'll have fun abilities up his sleeve. I don't care whether or not he's competitive or high tier, I just want to have a blast with him. Pac-Man looks promising in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom