• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Impa
50% chance
100% want
Ghirahim
30% chance
100% want
I think we will get a Zelda newcomer, and these two are the front runners, Impa in the lead though...

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Ghirahim and Impa's chances: 3% each - I still don't think there will be a Zelda newcomer, but these are the two most likely.
Impa want: 0% - Nah.
Ghirahim want: 30% - Meh.

Dark Pit prediction: 7.38%
Medusa prediction: 8.42%

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Captain Toad
4.62% chance (was 2.62%)
51.11% want (was 31.79%)

A new game only managed to boost the Captain's chance score by 2%, but the level of support for him spiked. He went from being pretty unpopular to breaking the 50% barrier there; not so bad, eh? I was glad to see @ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad finally get a chance to talk about him some; it's good to have you back! It wasn't dee same without you!​
Would ya look at the beautiful score. Hopefully Treasure Tracker turns out to be a hit and support increases for next time.

I promise to try and stick around for all Toad based ratings in future Groose. Not that I think there will be anymore, but still!

Impa
Chance: 13%

Slightly better than Captain Toad, but like him her biggest popularity boost came too late. She does however have Skyward Sword, a Wii game, to fall back upon though.

Want: 86%
Hyrule Warriors. That's the main reason. Screw Link and Zelda and...that new bug girl that was revealed yesterday(seriously, what's up with her?) I'm looking forward to playing as Impa most from that now...unless of course Vaati arrives, and then I'll be back to supporting him next Smash instead.

Still; deserving reoccurring character is deserving. Unlike Tingle not hated(apart from on Smashboards in some parts) and I can see her having a decent shot next time...maybe even this time with DLC.

MAYBE.

Ghirahim
Chance: 15%

Popular villain. Wii generation. Showed some Smash possibilities in his appearance, etc.
Downside; not in the Gematsu Leak, won't replace Ganondorf, Zelda not guaranteed a newcomer and kind of one off...unless he ALSO appears in Hyrule Warriors...hmmm....

Want: Abstain
Prefer Vaati and Impa myself, but having not played Skyward Sword I don't have a connection with the guy. Go figure.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Impa:
Chance: 5% - Front runner for a Zelda newcomer. Don't see a Zelda newcomer.
Want: 10% - Not really attached despite how great Skyward Sword was.

Ghirahim:
Chance: 0.1% Lolnope
Want: 0% - Aside from the Ghirahim Dance Scene, I would've preferred Ganondorf as a villain.

Dark Pit: 2.56%
Medusa: 4.67%

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Impa - 2%

Still think Tetra would be the first in line for a Zelda newcomer at this point.

Want - 50%

Didn't like the thought of her replacing Sheik, but he/she's back now, so I'm now just indifferent to Impa.

Ghirahim - 5%

Yeah....I know Sheik was a one-off at the time, but at least at the time of Melee Sheik was incorporated as a part of Zelda, fittingly enough. Yes, it's changed now. I just really can't see Ghirahim making it in, I can't see him appearing again in future Zelda titles, and I can't see him making enough of an impact on Smash so that he'll stay for any future Smash Bros titles.

Want - 85%

Which is a shame, to be honest. With all his powers and fighting techniques, I can't deny that he would fit so well in Smash, and I'd love to play as him.

Dark Pit Prediction - 5.33%

Medusa Prediction - 7.05%

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Impa

Chance - 0.05% - I'd think that if they wanted to, they would have given Sheik's old move set into Impa instead. Now that Sheik's solo, what's the point?

Want - 15% - Bleh. Offers nothing and I don't think that she'd be that interesting with a number of ninjas already on the roster. Pass.

Ghirahim

Chance - 2.5% - With roster space as limited as it is and not much else, it looks like he's sunk.

Want - 20% - I'd rather have a character from the Toon Universe, thanks.

Predictions

Pittoo - 3.52% - How many people think the Palutena Trailer was teasing him? 'Cause I don't.

Medusa - 2.51% - Ha, we're impossibly lucky to even get 3 Kid Icarus characters.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'm going to try to do what I have been taught about how to rate characters chances, so I'll go with this so far.
Impa
Chance:40%
Hyrule Warriors and her Skyward Sword self definitely help her, along with her reoccuring importance in the franchise, she's definitely one of the biggest Zelda newcomers we have.

Want: 40%
Vaati's my most wanted newcomer, so I would much prefer him over Impa, but if he ever gets deconfirmed, I'd like Impa to take the spot.

Vaati:40%

No Zelda newcomer:10%

Other: 10%

Now Ghirahim fits in the other, along with characters like Ganon, and Tetra. Ghirahim really doesn't have too much going for him besides his unique moveset, which every other Zelda newcomer has, with the exception of Toon Zelda. He still hasn't appeared in another Zelda game, and doesn't seem very likely to return to Zelda U, so he'll probably be another Majora and Zant character

Want:30%
I really don't see what would warrent his inclusion above others.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Impa
Chance: 18%
Want: 100%

Ghirahim
Chance: 15%
Want: 100%

Before I begin, I would just like to say that Zelda, being my favorite series, any newcomer would be a welcome addition, barring Toon Zelda and Tingle. Ghirahim? Awesome. Impa? Awesome too.

Now the meat and potatoes. Both these characters have their own merits. They are both recent, being in and premiering in Skyward Sword. Moveset would not be a problem to implement.

The main difference between them is fairly obvious: longevity. Impa has been in multiple games (I believe 8?) In some shape or form, while Ghirahim has been in one, which happens to be the most recent. Overall Impa has been around longer, and gets a slight edge, even though Ghirahim plays an important role in the timeline. Ghirahim is still a one-time villain, and we can compare this to pre-Brawl, where Zant was in the same situation.

Overall, getting one of these characters is dependant on Zelda getting a newcomer. Personally, I dont find it too likely, but it is possible. I would chalk it in at a little less than 50%. Why around there? Well, even though Zelda has had 5 characters since Melee and no newcomers in Brawl (Toon Link does not count) the series could still be at its maximum. Group that with Zelda/Shiek being separate and Ganondorf more than likely being revamped, and the series could be already done (and im okay with that too.)

Dark Pit: 6.4%
Medusa: 7.3%

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Why is everyone comparing Ghirahim to Zant? That is both arbitrary and incorrect, you should be comparing him to Midna or nobody.
And also, why is anyone assuming Ganondorf would be replaced by him? There's nothing indicating that would be the case.

andimidna

Smash Master
Why is everyone comparing Ghirahim to Zant? That is both arbitrary and incorrect, you should be comparing him to Midna or nobody.
And also, why is anyone assuming Ganondorf would be replaced by him? There's nothing indicating that would be the case.
If he should be compared to anybody, I think it should be Sheik. Brawl's roster was apparently decided in (September?) 2005, and she debuted November 2006 (I know you know this, I just wanted to say it), so they would have had no reason to add her, she was just a random character in a trailer then, characters only become popular after their games come out and it's safe to assume Smash 4's roster was decided after 2011.

Edit: In other Zelda news, Agitha and an original character, Lana, are now playable in Hyrule Warriors!
And Zant seems to be a villain like Argorok. So there's really no doubt that Ghirahim will appear, but he'll probably be a boss/villain character, and not playable

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
If he should be compared to anybody, I think it should be Sheik. Brawl's roster was apparently decided in (September?) 2005, and she debuted November 2006 (I know you know this, I just wanted to say it), so they would have had no reason to add her, she was just a random character in a trailer then, characters only become popular after their games come out and it's safe to assume Smash 4's roster was decided after 2011.

Edit: In other Zelda news, Agitha and an original character, Lana, are now playable in Hyrule Warriors!
And Zant seems to be a villain like Argorok. So there's really no doubt that Ghirahim will appear, but he'll probably be a boss/villain character, and not playable
Agitha4Smash #greatchoicenintendo #sarcasm

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Chance
Impa - 3%
Ghirahim - 8%

Both of them suffer considerably from post-E3, Gematsu-is-probably-happening syndrome. Like I said in the past few days, if we get newcomers that are not in that leak, I expect them to be a bit more sizable in terms of impact or popular demand. I give Ghirahim more chance because he DOES have the popular demand, but he still remains relatively down due to being part of Zelda, which already has five character slots if we assume Ganondorf is back.
I also feel like Sakurai seems to be favoring Zelda more in terms of items than anything else.

Want
Impa - 50%
Ghirahim - 50%

I've grown indifferent towards both. I used to care more about Ghirahim, but now that's it's crunch time I prefer others. I also used to care less about Impa, but seeing her in Warriors has made me lean more towards indifference than dislike.
I feel like currently the only Zelda characters I'd be excited to see are Tetra or Groose. And only one of those is remotely likely.

Predictions
Medusa - 12%
One of the most likely third reps along with Hades
Pittoo - 9%
I do not look forward to seeing people giving him over 50% ratings when I feel he's been quite obviously disconfirmed. Ugh.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Wait... does this mean we have to rate Agitha now??? She's such a bizarre choice!

Impa:
Chance: 5% She's got longevity, but I just don't see it happening.
Want: 50% Meh.

Ghirahim:
Chance: 7.5% Slightly better because of popularity, but that's it. I have to wonder if we're seeing any skyward sword stuff in Hyrule Warriors. Does anyone know yet?
Want: 60% Slightly positive for his charisma, but I'm mostly indifferent.

Dark Pit: 14.2%
Medusa: 4.5%

Burigu

Smash Ace
Wait... does this mean we have to rate Agitha now??? She's such a bizarre choice!
I don't see why we need to rate her, a character revealed as playable in one game don't actually increases said character chances to appear in Smash (specially a character like Agitha), she is an odd ball in Hyrule Warriors, most likely to be in the game to diversify the roster and nothing more, which until now is not even considered canon. So yeah we could rate her but in the end is not realistically necesary

Last edited:

Mars-

Smash Champion
I don't see why we need to rate her, a character revealed as playable in one game don't actually increases said character chances to appear in Smash (specially a character like Agitha), she is an odd ball in Hyrule Warriors, most likely to be in the game to diversify the roster and nothing more, which until now is not even considered canon. So yeah we could rate her but in the end is not realistically necesary
To be honest I don't think anyone saw the wii fit trainer coming, and if the leaks are true chorus kids. Although then again these characters represented a franchise where as Agitha does not. Could go either way, we haven't had a new Zelda character since Melee.

Burigu

Smash Ace
To be honest I don't think anyone saw the wii fit trainer coming, and if the leaks are true chorus kids. Although then again these characters represented a franchise where as Agitha does not. Could go either way, we haven't had a new Zelda character since Melee.
That is the point they represent new franchises, Agitha is such a random character, I am not bashing here but speaking realistic nobody expect a character with such a minor role in one game and a spin off appearance in another to make the jump to Smash, Malon has appeared in lots of games as a NPC I don't see her happening either, if Zelda gets a newcomer it's going to be someone with actual relevance to the franchise, so I stand in my position I can almost say for sure that Agitha WILL never be in smash playable, not a protagonist, not a sidekick, not a villian and no popularity (in the main series), she will be forever remembered as playable in Hyrule Warriors and we might get more choices like her for that game, she is nothing special. (Unless that for some odd reason the devs start threatening her as a relevant character to the series but I find that not likely, they already passed the oportunity in Skyward Sword and A Link between worlds).

I agree sometimes it's better to no discard something but there are "Save guesses" we can make based in the characters we have seen so far. And the importance of the characters we are speculing, there are rankings.

So
WFT, Chorus Kids, Any new franchise newcomer, any good sidekick, any villian, any other character with more prominence to their franchise >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> characters like Agitha atm

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I don't know why so many people have said "IF we get a Zelda newcomer" but then go on to give ratings that imply they think a Zelda newcomer is practically assured.

Not going to name names so as to avoid an argument, but come on people.

Anyway...

The fact is that there's not a lot of room.

And Zelda is not underrepresented. If you don't think that they can expand the roster indefinitely + the roster should add new series and so forth, then Zelda has good representation. Assuming Ganondorf returns, it's already tied with Mario and maybe tied or behind Pokemon. In fact, my statistical model which incorporates series sales + previous representation thinks that 5 characters is almost on the dot the right number.

Finally, if Ganondorf is revamped it's almost like getting a new character, especially when combined with Zelda and Sheik getting new moves. I will be pleased with the Zelda roster if Ganondorf finally gets some moves based on the actual Zelda games.

That said, I wouldn't get mad if there was a Zelda newcomer... And if there's more than a couple DLC characters, I'd be surprised if Zelda didn't get one.

So, all that's left is Ghirahim vs. Impa.

+ Impa is the most important recurring character not represented in Smash yet
+ Impa is an ally who, with Hyrule Warriors, has three warrior appearances (as opposed to fat/old Impa) giving her some decent move set potential. She's distinguishing herself from Sheik more in the last two appearances as well. Of course, if they get lazy, borrowing from Sheik would be an easy way to fill out her moves.
+ If they're looking for another female...

+ Ghirahim was very well received
+ Ghirahim has tons of move set potential that can be drawn directly from Skyward Sword
- Ghirahim is a one-off villain that seems unlikely to recur

All in all, Ghirahim is a more popular choice with a bit better move set potential, but Impa has everything else going for her. Since Ghirahim would be a little more unique, I give him the edge. Not that it matters, since I don't think we'll see either.

Impa chances: 1.4%
Ghirahim chances: 2%
I just don't see a Zelda newcomer happening. Add in Tetra, Toon Zelda, Vaati, beast Ganon and Zelda surprise, and it comes to maybe 7%.

Impa want: 62%
I wanted a Sheikah. With Sheik back, Impa is less interesting to me. So my want is lower than before. But she'd still be cool.

Ghirahim want: 62%
Ghirahim is a little more interesting in personality and move set, but he's less deserving.

Like I said, honestly, if they revamp Ganondorf I will be pleased with Zelda reps.

Predictions:
Dark Pit - 8%
Overreactions to the Palutena trailer are going to boost him way beyond what he deserves.
Medusa - 2%
Meanwhile people realize Medusa's in trouble.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Impa
Chance: 1% - Hyrule warriors not only came out too late, plus we already have Sheik.
Want: 19% - I can live without her.

Ghirahim
Chance: 6% - I just don't think Zelda's going to get a sixth rep. He is the frontrunner for a Zelda character otherwise.
Want: 69% - He has my full support.

Predictions
Dark Pit: 6%
Medusa: 8%

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Chance - Impa
Impa seems like a more likely candidate. With her new Hyrule Warriors incarnation she is relevant, playable, and revived in a sort. She stills out prioritized by other Zelda newcomers, but she deserves a solid 25.9%
Want Level - 80.24%

Chance- Ghirahim
Remember how most everyone thought Ghirahim was a shoe in? Well, while not as much as before, he still is! Nintendo loves promoting older titles of theirs, as seen with Punch Out. I can't see them doing any different in Skyward Sword. 66.6%
Want Level - 100%

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Chance - Impa
Impa seems like a more likely candidate. With her new Hyrule Warriors incarnation she is relevant, playable, and revived in a sort. She stills out prioritized by other Zelda newcomers, but she deserves a solid 25.9%
Want Level - 80.24%

Chance- Ghirahim
Remember how most everyone thought Ghirahim was a shoe in? Well, while not as much as before, he still is! Nintendo loves promoting older titles of theirs, as seen with Punch Out. I can't see them doing any different in Skyward Sword. 66.6%
Want Level - 100%
Fixed, by the way not to argue with you but compare Punch Out's Little Mac with Skyward Sword's Ghirahim is a bit odd and not a really good comparation.
Punch Out is way older that Skyward Sword, so they really aren't in the same level

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
@Diddy Kong's Mistress Chance: 40%
After the Direct, she was completely unlikely, as Shiek was returning, and everything that Impa could do was done by Shiek.
Then Hyrule Warriors info came out. It showed Impa with a completely different fighting style from Shiek, using a gigantic sword.
With Impa still being important to the franchise, and now being unique move-wise, her chances went much higher!
So yeah......that's all I have to say.......

Impoo Want: 25%
A solid eh.

Ghirahim Chance: 65%
Rosalina was in because of being a new, popular character with a lot of moveset potential.
Greninja was in because of being a new, popular character with a lot of moveset potential.
Ghirahim will be in because of being a new, popular, character with a lot of Moveset potential.

Also, a Zelda newcomer still has a decent chance.
Who cares of if it has 5 slots now. It always had 5 slots before, and it's not that much more work for Sakurai. It's not like he is adding a character on to the work he did with Brawl. He has the same characters, in different slots.

Ghirahim Want: 100%
GIMME! GIMME GIMME GIMME NOOOOOOWWW!!!!!!!

Predictions:

Dark Pit: 20%
He was in a newcomer trailer, therefore he is confirmed. Just like Tom Nook, Yellow Devil, Doc Louis, and all those Pokéball Pokémon.
People will overrate him.

Medusa: 20%
Eh. We probably won't get anymore KI characters.
But again, people will overrate.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Greninja was in because of being a new, popular character with a lot of moveset potential.
Just feeling the need to correct you quickly, Greninja was chosen to be in Smash before anyone knew it was a thing. Therefore it couldn't have been chosen because it was popular.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Just feeling the need to correct you quickly, Greninja was chosen to be in Smash before anyone knew it was a thing. Therefore it couldn't have been chosen because it was popular.
They did choose him based off his design. But I'd bet what they were looking for in the design was "which one will become the popular one"?
And they chose right.

Groose

Smash Champion
Sorry for the late update! Tomorrow there will be no update; I'll be back on Thursday afternoon. I have an appointment in the Underworld...

having not played Skyward Sword I don't have a connection with the guy. Go figure.
Despite its pretty negative reputation, I do recommend playing it.

...well, that's pretty obvious coming from a Ghirahim fan with the username Groose, eh?

Impa: 2.5%
I don't think Hyrule Warriors helps Impa out at all. Why? First of all, the game probably didn't go into major development until after the initial roster was decided; judging from the number of releases in the series, Dynasty Warrior games aren't exactly behemoths of development time. Additionally, I'm quite confident that there are a number of other characters (like Midna) in it; it's not like the role is exclusive to Impa. That said, Hyrule Warriors has made me pay more serious attention to Impa, and I realized that before she was announced for it, I should have considered her more heavily.

That said, I still have some doubts about her. The most obvious qualm is that she's so similar to her protege, Sheik. We haven't seen any newcomer semi-clones yet, and the way the game is going, I doubt we'll get any. Still, she'd be an easy one to add late on, and that could explain her absence from Gematsu. She could be unique, too, but she's not really an obvious candidate for that role.

Impa Want: 0%
Even if she's unique, there are just so many other Zelda characters I'd prefer to see. You deconfirmed Tingle and Midna? I'd still much rather see Ghirahim, Beast Ganon, and even Groose. I don't really support Groose, but I wouldn't be opposed to it if it happened. I still find him more desirable than Impa, though.

Ghirahim: 2.5%
He's about tied with Impa for the title of most likely Zelda newcomer; he's got more obvious potential and higher popularity, but he lacks the long-term importance and is likely to lose that popularity before too long. With all of the Skyward Sword stuff we've seen, I'd say it's unwise to rule him out entirely.

Ghirahim Want: 100%
I used to have trouble deciding who was my most wanted Zelda newcomer. It always bounced back and forth between Tingle and Ghriahim. Now that Tingle's out, Ghirahim has no competition. I guess I can briefly reiterate one of my favorite stories; when I was playing Skyward Sword, I spent all three of the Ghirahim fights going, "he's absolutely made for Smash! This move is made for Smash! Aww, this would work great in Smash!" I've never really done that for any other character, bar King K. Rool.

DAY OVER

GROOSE IS LOOSE!

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Ghirahim
Chance - 75%
I believe he may actually have a chance and it's thanks to that question regarding Greninja's inclusion. The roster was probably finalized around Feb/March 2012 when development of the game began. SS was released in Nov 2011. That's a 3-4 month time gap between the two games. Ghirahim was still fresh on the minds of Zelda fans and to the developers when deciding on a potential Zelda newcomer. The trophy theory could be hinting at Ghirahim and his theme is mixed in with the Ballad of the Goddess remix.

Want - 100%
I remember getting hyped up for the Demon Lord's inclusion when I first saw his support thread back in fall 2012. I may have lost hope for a possible Zelda newcomer due to transformation being removed, but recently my support has gone back up. His inclusion will make people reconsider the chances of one-shot Zelda villains or just anyone who's a one-shot of getting into Smash.

Impa
Chance - 40%
While she is more iconic than Ghirahim, she didn't have anything to work with back in 2012. With Shiek returning, it does hinder Impa's chances but then there's Hyrule Warriors Impa. The problem with that game is we don't know exactly when development of the game began for Sakurai to look at some early documents of the game. That is, if he was even aware of Hyrule Warriors existence before its reveal in Dec 2013. It could've been too late for Impa to be added to the roster if development of HW happened after the roster was finalized.

Want - 50%
I prefer Ghirahim over Impa to be the sixth Zelda rep. For the Zelda series, I would like someone that's not another version of Link, Zelda or Ganondorf to be playable. So, if it's Impa over Ghirahim, I won't be upset.

If character DLC is a thing in Smash 4, then hopefully both Ghirahim and Impa are added if it's one over the other or neither.

Pyrrhon

Smash Rookie
Impa
16.82% chance
49.48% want

It looks like Impa did better than before. It must be because of that new Hyrule Warriors game that she's in. I heard she can take down an army all by herself! Pyrrhon can relate.

Ghirahim
18.13% chance
56.58% want

Ahahaha! Looks like everyone appreciates a good villain! Ghirahim is one awesome demon, and for that he beat out Impa in want! His chances aren't too shabby, either. Pyrrhon possesses the noble belief that Ghirahim would make a great character.

HAHAHAHAHA! A little birdy told me that some evil fool with a pompadour stopped you from nominating? Never fear, Pyrrhon is here! I have a delivery, and the return address is justice! KABLOOOEY, KABLAAAAAAAMY! There you go, citizens. You can nominate again!

Today we're going to be discussing my godly brethren. Let me drop a little knowledge on you--we'll be talking about Dark Pit, Medusa, and the Level Infinity Epic Super God Plus--PYRRHON! Please rate me and those other two scrubs in chance and want.

Tomorrow we'll be going back to regularly scheduled programming. Please predict how the song Calling to the Night (from the Metal Gear franchise) and the Fountain of Dreams stage will do. Don't worry, citizens--I'll keep that evil God of the Underworld at bay for today. He can't defeat my epic levels of PURE AWESOME!

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nominations post will be updated at some point tomorrow. I haven't finished gathering all of the results yet.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Well, may as well vote now.
Pittoo:
Chance - 0.001%
As much as I'm a fan of the character, he's most likely going to be an alternate skin for Pit like he was in Brawl. Before the game was even being developed, but my point still stands.
Want - 0%
If this was rating him to be a skin, I'd go with 100%. I love the character, but see above: He should stick to being tacked onto Pit.
Medusa:
Chance - 10%
I might even be biased for giving her 10%. Ehhhh, I don't see it happening but I want to see it happening. She at least has something of a chance! She's humanoid so she can be scaled down easily, and she's not as spoiler-bound as Hades would be as much as I want Hades to be in.
Want - 70%
I don't want her too much, but she'd be a decent addition to the roster. After all, we need more female characters (though that issue has lessened with Palutena, Rosalina, WFT and Villager alt skins) and more villains (though that issue has been lessened with... nobody at all. We really need more villains). 2 birds with 1 stone!
Pyrrhon:
Chance - 0.5%
Sorry Phyrron. You were a minor one-shot character in a random part of the game involving random aliens. For some reason. Unless a future Kid Icarus game changes brings you back, I don't see it happening.
Want - 90%
Not as wanted as some of my other characters (Read: K Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo) but HE'S PHYRRON. WHO DOESN'T LIKE PHYRRON.
Well, maybe not Palutena after he became a villain briefly but she's such a spoilsport.

Calling to the Night - 5% - People don't see Snake as being likely so why should a song from his franchise be highly rated?
Fountain of Dreams - 20% - Because it wasn't in Brawl. Though it could still return.

EDIT: I forgot to nominate! I'm new to this though. Let's see...
Nominate Masked Dedede Alt. Costume x5
I think it's an interesting idea. Could be cool.

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Pyrrhon
Chance 1% - who? KI doesn't deserve a third rep much less this nobody.
Want 0%

-Dark Pit
Chance 0% - he's out. He was merely a shadow, a gimmick in the Palutena trailer.
Want 0% - I really dislike clones (and he's literally one) so no.

-Medusa
Chance 10% - maybe for Smash 5.
Want 60% - a female villain would be a nice addition to the roster.

Last edited:

Medusa

Smash Rookie
HAHAHAHAHA! A little birdy told me that some evil fool with a pompadour stopped you from nominating? Never fear, Pyrrhon is here! I have a delivery, and the return address is justice! KABLOOOEY, KABLAAAAAAAMY! There you go, citizens.​
You can nominate again!

Today we're going to be discussing my godly brethren. Let me drop a little knowledge on you--we'll be talking about Dark Pit, Medusa, and the Level Infinity Epic Super God Plus--PYRRHON! Please rate me and those other two scrubs in chance and want.

Tomorrow we'll be going back to regularly scheduled programming. Please predict how the song Calling to the Night (from the Metal Gear franchise) and the Fountain of Dreams stage will do. Don't worry, citizens--I'll keep that evil God of the Underworld at bay for today. He can't defeat my epic levels of PURE AWESOME!
Who are you calling a scrub?

Anyway for myself

Want - 0%
No I don't want to participate in your little game.

Chance - Actually never mind, I shouldn't participate in this. My divine knowledge would make it unfair.

D

Deleted member

PYRRHON?! Looks like someone is pulling the RTC strings now!
Dark Pit, Medusa, and Pyrrhon have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Dark Pit and Medusa, check to see what you've said on their days!

Dark Pit, the Pit who is not a pawn
Chance:
0%

If anything, that trailer teased him as Pit's palette swap. It's more worth the time and resources to make him that instead of a full character. Heck, they can change Pit's regular voice to Dark Pit's when you use that palette swap and it's not that hard to do when Dark Pit and Pit have the same voice actor.
Want: 0%
Adding him would be like what PSABR did by adding both Cole and Evil Cole on their roster.

Medusa, whose homecoming party was crashed by Pit and Palutena
Chance:
5%

Even when I lowered her score, i don't think that she would get in over Hades, but it's still possible for her to get added. She might get looked at since she is the very first KI antagonist and she would be semi-clone material for Palutena. While these things are going for her, the fact that she wasn't the main villain in Uprising after Chapter 9 and how Kid Icarus might not even get a 3rd character hurt her. It's not that big of a franchise to be on-par with Kirby and Star Fox or even series that potentially could get a third rep like Donkey Kong and Fire Emblem.
She's old news, and old news bores me! Also, I want Hades.

Pyrrhon, Super Infinity Awesome God Plus
Chance:
0%

I would be surprised if he was chosen over Medusa and Hades. He was only in three Chapters in Uprising, pretty damn insignificant to be even considered for a slot. But hey, he could make it in as an Assist Trophy!
Want: 60%
Sure! Why not? He would be awesome! And I doubt Pyrrhon will read this comment under all of this AWESOME!

Calling to the Night Prediction: 15.49%
I would be surprised if this got a higher rating than Snake.
Fountain of Dreams Prediction: 34.52%
I imagine that the want will be high.

Oh boy...
It's time!
I will revive the dark lord. He must rise again...
Nominations: Owain 5x

And with that, I must bid you adieu...

Last edited by a moderator:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Pittoo
Chances: 0%
ehhhh, I don't think the end of that trailer really meant anything in favor of him becoming playable, getting a 3rd KI rep is unlikely as it is, why would Sakurai choose the likeliest to be a clone when he said he wanted to avoid those in this game?
No, to be fair with Dark Pit, he actually has a personality over other "dark" versions of characters that differs from the original, but I still don't want him playable, would rather see someone else from KIU
Medusa
Chances: 5%
She fits 2 roles that are still lacking in Smash Bros (femmes and villains) and she has the advantage of appearing in the first KI and Uprising (unsure about of Myths and Monsters)
Want: 20%
could be cool, but I'd prefer a certain other antagonist from KI over her *cough*Hades*cough*
Pyrrhon
Chances: 0%
I'm actually kinda surprised that with all the KIU stuff thrown in the game there has been nothing about Pyrrhon, will likely end up as a trophy though
Sure, why not? He could be fun

Burigu

Smash Ace
I have been waiting for this day to come let's get this party started

Dark Pit
Chance: 0%
Ok I think that this might be a controversial score but here are my reasons.
Palutena's quote "here to crash my party" obviously is a hind towards Dark Pit inclusion? No not really a similar quote was used in Chapter 1 The Return of Palutena and In the anime shot Medusa's Revenge, both times said by Medusa to Pit, in this case the trailer makes a pun on this having a Dark angel to "crash Palutena's party"

"Dark Pit's appearance obviously makes him more likely" people forget about Tom Nook appearing in Villager's trailer and nothing happened, the same with Doc Louis in Little Mac trailer

"But Dark Pit also appears in Palutena's official artwork", also Isabelle in Villager's and she is not playable either

"But Dark Pit wasn't present in the Pallete Swaps in the demo" neither was Frame Mac and other classic colors like White Kirby so this hold little evidence.

In other words I don't think this is a hint toward Dark Pit being playable, Has Sakurai in the past spoiled a NEWCOMER this directly? I am certain he hasn't.

I can see him having a different moveset based on the other weapons Pit don't use, but in game rankings there are characters more appealing and more important to the franchise like Medusa, Hades and Viridi.
Dark Pit might get a different movepool but design wise he is the same as Pit, why put him in when you can add more variety to the game.
Why use Dark Pit as precedent to include dark character variants? the next think we would get are, Shadow Mario, Cosmic Mario, Dark Link and Dark Samus, some of these indeed have different qualities and different personalities, yet the more diverse the roster both in moves and in design the better, including basically a recolor as a separate character seems lazy.

Medusa
Chance: 7%
She deserves a 3rd spot for KI being the first main antagonist, she would complete the protagonist, the ally and the antagonist circle like with Link, Zelda and Ganondorf or Mario, Peach and Bowser.
She might compite with Hades who is considered more powerful and more relevant to Uprising but Medusa still beat him in the seniority department.

As per the character, I like Viridi, Hades and even Amazon Pandora as gods more than her, but her status and significance to the franchise can't be ignored that easily. So I am ok with her inclusion

Pyrrhon
Chance: 6%
This is funny I don't see Pyrrhon happening in like 10 games.

Want: 6%
He is funny, I will give him that

So if Kid Icarus is going to get new characters it's going to be like this
Medusa, Viridi, Hades, Phosphora, Amazon Pandora, Dynthos, Arlon, Magnus, Gragalanche, Pyrrhon, Thanatos, Chariot Master, Girl, Centurion Strongarm, Eggplant Wizzard, Souflee, Dark Pit, Poseidon, Monoeye.

I don't hate Dark Pit, I just don't like the idea of getting basically a recolor as a separate character

Predictions:
Song: 4%
Fountain of dreams: 14.5%

Nominations:
Bandit x 5

Kid Icarus Uprising is the best game ever!

Last edited:

Pyrrhon

Smash Rookie
Chance - Actually never mind, I shouldn't participate in this. My divine knowledge would make it unfair.
Looks like I'm not the only fan of Divinipedia! Now begone from my thread before I have to break out some Pyro-Cannon action! Remember--villains are no match for Pyrrhon!

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Medusa
Chance - 5%
Could happen, but I really doubt we'll see any other KI characters

Want - 50%
Indifference. Now, if it were Hades ... oh my, I'd genuinely love that so much.

Dark Pit
Want - 40%
I'd like him, actually, but the want score goes down because of the fact that he'd be kind of a boring addition, in my opinion at least. Looks too similar to Pit. And yes, I know very well he is his own awesome character, but in the greater context of things I'd rather have unique newcomers and not two Links and two Pits and two Samus, etc.

Chance - 0%
FACT ONE: Newcomers get their own reveal video
FACT TWO: Newcomers aren't shown or named before their reveal video
FACT THREE: Dark pit appeared in someone else's reveal video and was named as well

DECONFIRMED!!

Pyrrhon
Chance - 0%
Yea no
Want - 0%
Awesome, but no. Not before Hades, Medusa, Pittoo, Viridi or Magnus.

Predictions
That song - 1.3%
not expecting Metal Gear stuff
Fountain of Dreams - 29%
A very likely 3DS stage, I believe.

Nominations
um ...
x5 Unrevealed veterans as unlockable characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom