• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Here's what I said last time for Jigglypuff, and I still stand by it.

Jigglypuff:
Chance: 95%
I don't see Jiggs going anywhere, or any of the original 12, but there's always a speck of doubt with me.
Want: 60%
For Pokemon, I would rather have Mewtwo return, but I do like Jigglypuff too.
As for Mewtwo, I want him back in the game badly. Want=100%. He had such a unique move-set and deserves to be back. He's a very well known Pokemon too. Chance? I don't know, I'm gonna say 40%.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Jigglypuff:

Chance: 100%

I cannot for the life of me envision any of the original 12 ever getting cut from the roster.

Want: 40%

I love characters with great air games, but Jigglypuff's overall characteristics (light, slow on the ground, floaty) and appearance/personality put me off a good deal.

Mewtwo:

Chance: 80%

Given his vast worldwide popularity and the fact that he's been planned for all 3 of the past games I think he has a very good chance to come back, and this time around since there is no SSE to eat development time I think his chances are better than ever.

Want: 100%

Mewtwo is one of my Melee mains, my 2nd favorite legendary pokemon, and hands down my favorite character in Smash Bros. ever. He's the only character I want in Smash 4 more than Ridley.

andimidna

Smash Master
I'm sorry for these ratings...
But I think these 2 are very possible to become DLC...

Chance of both being in the game eventually: 100%
Want of both being in the game eventually: 100%
If they're not on the roster at release, they will be later. And I want that.
However...
That's 2 Pokemon left, would they both really be secret characters?
I just think they'll be secret characters. And Mewtwo is much more popular than Brawl-time. And while Jigglypuff seems very loved by older gamers on here, she's the most hated veteran from what I've seen on Miiverse and Youtube. I think Nintendo knows she's not popular or marketable anymore, especially compared to Mewtwo, the 2nd/3rd most popular Pokemon after Charizard and/or Pikachu. I give Mewtwo the better chance for being on the main roster of the 2.

Mewtwo chance: 49%
Jigglypuff chance: 45%
Maybe Sceptile or Blaziken will be on the main roster (certainly wouldn't be the first time we've gotten 2 Pokemon in 1 game)
Maybe Squirtle and Ivysaur will be our only DLC Pokemon and I shouldn't be worrying about these 2. Maybe even Pichu could be DLC, I don't know. But my chances for Pokemon add up to around 140% right now
Mewtwo want: 95%
Jigglypuff want: 65%
I have no problem with them not being in the game not as DLC.
I'd prefer Sceptile, but I guess 7 Pokemon could happen. I think 1 of the 5 Pokemon I mentioned will definitely be DLC.
I wish I could be less pessimistic on such major characters that need to be in the game eventually. But there's no Pokemon I find to be more likely than not for the main roster at this point.
Oh, and while I don't think Jiggly ever deserved smash, I'm not

Predictions:
Takamaru: 39%
I don't think people know his full credentials. Pit was added in Brawl, so I don't see why Takamaru wouldn't be seen as likely. You think he's too small and not well-known enough? What, compared to the majority of our current newcomer roster?
We have 2 semi-retro newcomers I guess... well, no, we don't actually.
That's Punch Out Wii Little Mac. I don't care that he has 1 retro alt. Black and white Kirby doesn't make him a retro rep, he got brought back. Same with Pit and Palutena. They're more Uprising than any other KI game. Not retro characters. And while Pac-Man did have a retro focus in his trailer, but
1. He's had new games
2. He's not Nintendo, the point of the retros in Smash are celebrating Nintendo's past and reviving old franchises.
With this, Mega Man is more of a retro rep than him.
iirc, Sakurai said something along the lines of a retro focus, so even if he considers these 2 to be retro... that's just 2-- the same amount we got in Melee and Brawl. That's not some sort of new focus, that's just the same exact thing again.
And Greninja is not a Samurai. Takamaru will probably use fire, his items, and be much more sword-focused than Greninja. I'd bet on him being more similar to Marth than Greninja.
It's safe to assume at this point I'll be giving a much higher score than I predict you guys will rank him.
Isaac: 32%
He just keeps moving down as more reveals happen :/
I'm no longer giving him the 50+ rankings I used to give like 55% and 51%. I think he's more like a 40% chance now, but I'm sure the people who always thought he was only possible if Shulk wasn't on the roster will be giving him very unnecessarily low ratings due to Shulk's major boost.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff
Chance: 80% I believe in the 12 original rule until proven wrong
Want: 70% Could live without it, but is iconic to smash

Mewtwo
Chance: 40% Sakurai don't adress fan demand all the time, if we get yet another pokemon which Final Smash revolves around mega evolution, it could get boring and no so special
Want: 50% Indifferent to the original most loved legendary of all times.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Jigglypuff
Chance: 80% I believe in the 12 original rule until proven wrong
Want: 70% Could live without it, but is iconic to smash

Mewtwo
Chance: 40% Gematsu leak; Sakurai don't adress fan demand all the time
Want: 50% Indifferent to the original most loved legendary of all times
Gematsu leak doesn't mean crap in this case.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Gematsu leak doesn't mean crap in this case.
I know I was about to edit when saw your post, through that doesn't change my score, a veteran not coming back in a game but coming back again, mmmm Sakurai is a troll sometimes fan demand is not good enough for him so I will keep my score. CRAP is an ugly word, polite people polite you can extern your opinion with less crap

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Mewtwo: 75% chance and 100% want
Jigglypuff: 75% chance and 75% want

I think I've established that I'm pretty pessimistic about the chances of us getting a non-Gematsu newcomer, but I'm actually pretty optimistic when it comes to veterans. I still believe Mewtwo is very likely to strike back in this installment; there really isn't anything going against him. Remember everything I said about K. Rool yesterday? Pretty much everything there applies to Mewtwo as well, but the ultimate clone also has the advantages of being extremely relevant in his series and also having appeared in Smash in the past. Honestly, I don't know why Game Freak or Sakurai would not be really behind the idea of putting him in the game! I can understand if most of the popular characters don't make the cut, but I think it would be pretty foolish not to have Mewtwo from a development standpoint.

Jigglypuff is also someone I pretty heavily expect to see. She has made the cut every single time so far, and Sakurai has proven that he's not a huge fan of cutting characters. Although the Original Twelve aren't sacred, they're still pretty safe, and Jigglypuff doesn't really have a similar moveset to another character like Ness. Like Mewtwo, I wouldn't be quite shocked to see her cut, but I'd certainly be surprised.

For want? Jigglypuff is someone who it would be sad to see go, but I don't really need to have her again. I'd like the roster to move forward, and I have an even better troll character in Wii Fit Trainer now. Overall I'd say I want her, but I do have some misgivings about that.

Mewtwo is one of my most wanted characters. I used to be ambivalent about his return ("I've played as him before; I don't need to do so again"), I'm now in his corner. What changed? Well, I found an old cassette that I had recorded all those years ago. It was mostly just me talking with my family, but there was one little section of note--I was talking about Mewtwo and the movie. The whole experience brought tears to my eyes--I remembered just how much I loved Mewtwo as a kid. I really want to see him back now.

DAY OVER

WILD SAKURAI USED CUT!

Groose

Smash Champion
Mewtwo
66.93% chance (was 76.27%)
78.21% want (was 81.50%)

Mewtwo's power seems to be waning a bit; his chance score fell by almost a full ten percent. It looks like his lack of presence at E3 in addition to the Gematsu Leak has shaken our confidence in him a bit. He still remains highly wanted, but his want score did fall by a minor amount, too. K. Rool has once again passed him on the want charts. Machoke one up for the King!

Jigglypuff
86.46% chance (was 88.44%)
70.93% want (was 71.71%)

Jigglypuff's scores remain virtually identical. They dropped, but they only went down by a number so small that it's probably just incidental. Really, there's nothing Mew to talk about here. The implications? E3 and the Gematsu Leak didn't really hurt or help her Chansey at all. She's Blissey unaware.

Today we're going to be rating two Aegislashmen who have a lot at their disposal. Takamaru, a Samurott whose game has just been localized to Europe, has not only his katana, but a variety of other tools. Isaac (who hails from the Golden Solrock franchise) has access to various magical abilities in addition to his blade. How likely (and how wanted) are they? Please rate Isaac and Takamaru in chance and want.

The next update won't be until Friday, and it probably will be sometime in the afternoon rather than at night like most updates have been. I really want to do daytime updates, but I'm not sure how feasible they'll be. Anyway, nominations are currently on hold, but you can still predict! Next we'll be discussing Solid Ekans and Lucas--please predict how they'll do!

Projected Schedule:
Day 250: Ridley and Sceptile
Day 251: Gematsu Leak, Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men
Day 252: King K. Rool and Dixie Kong
Day 253: Mewtwo and Jigglypuff
Day 254: Isaac and Takamaru
Day 255: Solid Snake and Lucas
Day 256: Robin and Lucina
Day 257: Bandana Dee and Captain Toad
Day 258: Impa and Ghirahim
Day 259: Medusa and Dark Pit

Finally, I apologize. I know all of my PokePuns are absolute Garbodor. I'll try harder next time, OK?

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Honestly, I haven't heard of Isaac or Takamaru until joining here...Well, I knew Isaac from the AT in Brawl haha.

I read up on both of them though as they are highly wanted characters. I think Isaac's chance is 75%, and I'll make my want 75% too. The fact that he hasn't been shown as an AT yet is promising, and Little Mac went from AT to playable, why can't Isaac? Takamaru I honestly don't know enough about to judge, so I will just abstain.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Isaac:
Chances: 40%
Want: 30%

-Takamaru:
Chances: 5%
Want: 0%

Honestly, I haven't heard of Isaac or Takamaru intil joining here...Well, I knew Isaac from the AT in Brawl haha.

I read up on both of them though as they are highly wanted characters. I think Isaac's chance is 75%, and I'll make my want 75% too. The fact that he hasn't been shown as an AT yet is promising, and Little Mac went from AT to playable, why can't Isaac? Takamaru I honestly don't know enough to judge, so I will just say 50% chance and 50% want (I know, sorry).
Hi! well, if you don't know enough about a character you can write "abstain" instead of a score.
Example:

-Takamaru:
Chances: Abstain
Want: Abstain

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Isaac
Chance: 30%- I'm having my doubts now. Gematsu newcomers, the "hype 3" and Takamaru all feel like the most likely newcomers to me. I'm not sure what's going to happen to Isaac at this point. We haven't seen his assist trophy yet so that's good news. He still has a chance, but I'm not expecting like I did a few months ago

I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up as DLC.

Want: 80%- Never played Golden sun, but he looks like an awesome character to play as. I would love if his assist trophy ability was a side special or something. (but a bit weaker of course)

Takamaru

Chance: 80%- I have a good feeling about him. Sakurai always brings back a retro character and Takamaru seems like the perfect fit. He's been showing up in random games lately and his game is finally being released outside of Japan. Takamaru making it into smash bros seems like the perfect way to complete his revival.

Want: 85%: Never played his game either, but he seems like the type of gut I'd want to play as in smash bros. I also want him in so there can be an awesome Murasame Caste Sequel like what happened to Kid Icarus after Pit made it in.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
-Isaac:
Chances: 50%, 50/50 on him right now but I think he's still got a decent shot at being in. Especially since we haven't seen his AT yet but we've seen almost all the Brawl AT's already including a couple unlockables.
Want: 100%, really think he deserves to be playable. His Psynergy would make him very unique as a fighter.

-Takamaru:
Chances: 30%, I'd say 50/50 before but honestly, it doesn't look like we'll be getting a proper Nintendo retro addition at this point.
Want: 50%, don't really care either way. I don't not want him but I don't particularly want him either, so I just say 50/50. He could be interesting, but at the same time, he'd just be another sword-based character with a few projectile attacks... AKA, Link without a shield. I'd rather have Lip.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I don't believe the Gematsu leak affect the chanc- Ah screw it.

Isaac Chance: 50%

I dunno what to think about Isaac. On one hand, he's a pretty popular character request, with great potential to be unique, who hasn't been revealed as an AT. (If he isn't playable, he is definitely still an AT) On the other hand, he was an unlockable AT, and might be again if he stays in that role. Plus his games aren't as popular as other potential newcomers. Sooooo...... I dunno! 50/50

Want: 85%

I really like Golden Sun, and it would be cool to see Isaac get in. He's not exactly one of my most wanted newcomers, but I would be very happy to see him!

Takamaru Chance: 20%

Retro has been taken by Pacman. Ninja/Samurai/whatever has been taken by Greninja, Sheik, and the Mii Swordfighters. Sakurai said that any newcomer that got in would have to mesh well with the cast of characters and bring something unique to the table. I don't doubt Sakurai's ability to make anything unique, but I don't really see the point in adding Takamaru anymore.

Want: 15%

Don't care about him in the slightest. He could be cool, but I won't bat an eye if he misses out on this installment.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't believe the Gematsu leak affect the chanc- Ah screw it.

Isaac Chance: 50%

I dunno what to think about Isaac. On one hand, he's a pretty popular character request, with great potential to be unique, who hasn't been revealed as an AT. (If he isn't playable, he is definitely still an AT) On the other hand, he was an unlockable AT, and might be again if he stays in that role. Plus his games aren't as popular as other potential newcomers. Sooooo...... I dunno! 50/50

I really like Golden Sun, and it would be cool to see Isaac get in. He's not exactly one of my most wanted newcomers, but I would be very happy to see him!

Takamaru Chance: 20%

Retro has been taken by Pacman. Ninja/Samurai/whatever has been taken by Greninja, Sheik, and the Mii Swordfighters. Sakurai said that any newcomer that got in would have to mesh well with the cast of characters and bring something unique to the table. I don't doubt Sakurai's ability to make anything unique, but I don't really see the point in adding Takamaru anymore.

Want: 15%

Don't care about him in the slightest. He could be cool, but I won't bat an eye if he misses out on this installment.
Chrom destroys that argument assuming Gematsu is correct.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
My previous top ten:

Shulk 85% (RTC: 91.70%)
Chrom 70% (RTC: 88.82%)
Chorus Men 67.5% (RTC: 81.25%)
King K. Rool 65% (RTC: 68.75%)
Takamaru 60% (RTC: 46.06%)
Ridley: 55% (RTC: 48.41%)
Robin 25% (RTC: 25.83%)
Bandana Dee 20% (RTC: 24.72%)
Isaac 17.5% (RTC: 43.07%)
Dixie Kong 15% (RTC: 49.04%)

Arguing for Takamaru in the character discussion thread made me more confident in him again.

Takamaru:

Chance: 67.5%

+++ Sakurai's quote:

"Adam Riley: You have mentioned how you like to breathe new life into forgotten franchises. Now that Kid Icarus has been completed, what other old classic would you like to look at? Ice Climbers, Star Tropics, MoleMania…or something non-Nintendo?

Sakurai-san: I am planning on doing my best to bring old characters back in Smash Bros. From that perspective, I am probably in the most fortunate position in the world."

It's easy to argue semantics with this quote, but it seems obvious to me that this is a confirmation that Sakurai at least attempted to get a retro newcomer in this game (and early in development at that, since this interview was right after Uprising's release). This is the biggest point in his favor, as it's essentially his "we're thinking about it".

+ Takamaru or Nazo no Murasame jo have been referenced in Pikmin 2, Captain Rainbow, SSBB, Warioware DIY, Samurai Warriors 3, and Nintendo Land. That's more recent cameos than any other potential retro candidate at this point in time. Something interesting of note is that the only franchises that were represented in Nintendo Land which do not already have playable representatives in Smash are Balloon Fight (RIP Balloon Fighter) and Nazo no Murasame jo.

+ Takamaru is the most notable retro representative left.
Takamaru is to Link what Pit is to Samus. Nazo no Murasame jo and the Legend of Zelda were based off of the same engine, and only one of them went on to be a successful series (Zelda). Takamaru is the last piece of this four person puzzle.

+ Sakurai's oddly out-of-place 1986 comment.

So where's the doubt come in? Well, the Gematsu leak doesn't leave a lot of room for newcomers, so it's possible that Sakurai actually failed to include a retro this time around (and is probably planning one for DLC if so). That, and the fact that Takamaru does still have some competition left, even if it's not as notable as the disconfirmed Lip and Balloon Fighter.

Now that Pac-Man's in, Takamaru's one of my top 3 most wanted, and easily the most likely of the three.

I may do Isaac later.

Predictions:

Lucas: 33.33%
Poor guy's chances are going to plummet because of Gematsu.

Snake: 30%
He's not looking so hot after E3 either.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Takamaru: 70%
I don't think people know his full credentials. Pit was added in Brawl, so I don't see why Takamaru wouldn't be seen as likely. You think he's too small and not well-known enough? What, compared to the majority of our current newcomer roster?
We have 2 semi-retro newcomers I guess... well, no, we don't actually.
That's Punch Out Wii Little Mac. I don't care that he has 1 retro alt. Black and white Kirby doesn't make him a retro rep, he got brought back. Same with Pit and Palutena. They're more Uprising than any other KI game. Not retro characters. And while Pac-Man did have a retro focus in his trailer, but
1. He's had new games
2. He's not Nintendo, the point of the retros in Smash are celebrating Nintendo's past and reviving old franchises.
With this, Mega Man is more of a retro rep than him.
iirc, Sakurai said something along the lines of a retro focus, so even if he considers these 2 to be retro... that's just 2-- the same amount we got in Melee and Brawl. That's not some sort of new focus, that's just the same exact thing again.
And Greninja is not a Samurai. Takamaru will probably use fire, his items, and be much more sword-focused than Greninja. I'd bet on him being more similar to Marth than Greninja.
It's safe to assume at this point I'll be giving a much higher score than I predict you guys will rank him.
+no actual retro characters yet, which would be very odd to see us not get 1
+the most popular retro
+game is being remade outside of Japan
+the focus on videogame history has gone to Pac-Man and G&W, making a popular pick more likely, but still not the only choice-- not a major point
+Samus is to Pit as Link is to Takamaru -- the missing piece is Takamaru
+Sakurai said something about a focus on retros?
+While he is a retro character because his series hasn't been revived, the character isn't dead at all. Nintendo Land, Samurai Warriors, Captain Rainbow- they all prove that. They're are even rumors that he's in Hyrule Warriors- but that doesn't help him until proven true.
There is a theory that the Shuriken the Mii uses was taken from Takamaru and not Greninja, however, I doubt Takamaru, would use a Shuriken (why would he?), so I don't use this in his favor

Anyways, the Gematsu Leak has not changed my opinion on Takamaru/retro newcomer and a DK newcomer. I think they're by far the most likely newcomers not on the leak-- I still thing that getting a character from each of these concepts is almost definite. Sure there are other characters, but I don't see them taking priority, not this time. I also still believe in Ridley, but that's it for characters I rank above 50% at this point. And if the 51 characters thing is real-- there is room for all of them.

Edit: I see people using the MIIS as an argument against him. No.
1. Takamaru does not use a Shuriken
2. Miis also take:
Link's Gale Boomerang-- Gale
Mega Man's Blade-- Chakram
They took Greninja's Shuriken, so what? It was already a move on the roster. Which Takamaru won't use anyways. Not a good argument.

Want: 97%
Yes, I have become more and more fond of Takamaru.

Isaac:
I have become less and less sure of his chances though. I'm starting to think that, except the DK newcomer that doesn't get picked, he'll be the highest priority/likely/realistically wanted character that doesn't make the cut.
Not much to explain here.
Oh, Shulk doesn't hurt him.
Chance: 41%
Want: 98%
Yes please! I've always wanted Isaac!

Pre:
Snake: 20%
Zero Suit Samus/ No E3 reveal= Kojima probably wasn't trolling
Lucas: 25%
Gematsu
They'll be DLC, right? :/

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Isaac

Chance: 40%
I'll admit that there's an off chance that he might actually be an unlockable character, but it always seemed to me that Golden Sun was a franchise that never truly caught Sakurai's attention. But hey, perhaps I'm wrong.

I've played the first two Golden Sun games, and they were definitely a lot of fun. Isaac is someone who has a lot of potential into becoming a popular character.

Takamaru

Chance: 33%
I'm afraid his chances have plummeted after both Greninja's reveal and the Mii Fighters using a shuriken as part of their moveset.

My desire for him has also gone down somewhat, which is also attributed to Greninja itself. At first I didn't like it, but then I've started to like it more as a character and that it fits pretty well in the roster. Sorry, Tak.

Prediction:

Lucas: 27%
Snake: 20%
Poor guys.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Isaac - 20%
I haven't been looking forward to this rating because of how much I want Isaac to be in this game, and, though I have high hopes for him possibly being DLC, I'm no longer confident he can make it onto the disc. I've stated a couple times already that I think it's likely that the roster will end up being 47 characters, and if that's the case, it feels extremely unlikely that Isaac could make it in due to most of the remaining Brawl veterans, the Gematsu characters, Mewtwo, and Ridley all having better claims to the remaining spots. So why give Isaac any reasonable shot? Simple: speculation on a 47 character roster could be wrong. There's slightly too many characters with solid claims to being in SSB4 to fit that number, and while it's possible that they will simply be cut, it could just be an indication that it's larger than 47. Even going up by a mere four slots to 51 opens up enough space to avoid those awkward omissions while allowing one or two slots for surprise newcomers, and of all the non-Gematsu newcomer prospects remaining, Isaac's easily in the top ten. After all, he's quite popuplar, he's easily the best option for an assist trophy upgrade past Little Mac, he still hasn't appeared as an AT in SSB4 even after all the new ones featured in the E3 demo builds, he's from an unrepped franchise, and his moveset potential is among the best there is. I don't want to say he's at all likely because, honestly, I don't think he is anymore, but if I'm wrong about the roster size, he's definitely still in the running, and of course he remains a top option for DLC.
Want - 100% - My most wanted newcomer by far.

Takamaru - 5%
I've been generous in the past about Takamaru's chances because he has a surprisingly fervent fanbase among hardcore Smash fans along with some surprising cameos in recent years. However, I no longer think he's deserving of that benefit of the doubt due to failing one crucial test: not being in the Gematsu leak. For most characters, that would be bad, but not necessarily the end of the road, as you can see by my Isaac rating above and for my recent ratings of Ridley and K. Rool (heck, I even rated Dixie higher). Takamaru's problem is that he would get into SSB4 as the token retro character. Why does that hurt him? Because as the token retro, his inclusion would have been deliberately planned to fulfill that specific need, and if he were part of those early roster decisions, there's little reason to believe he wouldn't have been part of the Gematsu leaks. After all, we heard about inclusions as surprising as Wii Fit Trainer and Chorus Men there first, so why wouldn't Takamaru, a character who would likely have been on the roster from early planning phases, not been mentioned by now? Frankly, I think we all just misinterpreted who might be our retro: Mega Man, Little Mac, and Pac-Man all fulfill that role to varying degrees, and if we've already got our retro, why would Takamaru be slipping in as a secret character? It's been a nice thought, but unless the Gematsu leaks truly managed to miss our retro somehow, I don't see how Takamaru sneaks into the game at this point.
Want - 50% - I hadn't even heard of him prior to joining Smashboards, and I continue to have trouble caring about him even knowing his moveset potential.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Oh, yeah, let me invite some people for Takamaru's day.

In no particular order (basically just people who frequent the Takamaru thread), @BluePikmin11 @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy @Sobreviviente @CrophMaruMariolu2W0vol41PEeeeeek @ Marakatu Marakatu @Reila @RhymesWithEmpty @Arcadenik @Louie G. @egaddmario @Fatmanonice @DustyPumpkin @Keybladeguy @Banjodorf @Chauzu @shinhed-echi @ bksbestbwoy bksbestbwoy @Speculator @8-bit Man @ D Dj.D @TeenGirlSquad

I think that's most everyone. Went through the most recent three pages of support.

Just be within reason for his chances, guys. No 100%'s. Go nuts on the want scores, though.

D

Deleted member

Isaac and Takamaru have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Isaac or Takamaru, check to see what you've said on their days!

Oh man... after Snake and Lucas is Robin and Lucina. After playing Awakening, I'm pretty excited for that day.
As for now, I will be rating tomorrow.

And those PokePuns were brilliant!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Issac:
Chance: 40%

Takamaru:
Chance: 50%
Want: 30%
I'd prefer Mach Rider or Lip for a retro rep, but Takamaru would be an ok choice.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Isaac

Chance: 30%
Isaac is the protagonist of a GBA RPG with a small cult following that has the moveset potential to be a very interesting fight. This is due to his usage of Psyenergy (the type of magic in the Golden Sun universe) and he specializes in earth based magic depite wielding a sword. Despite Golden Sun being released on the Wii U's Virtual Console, I'm afraid it's too late for the Ventus Adapt to be added. There's still a slight chance that he may return as an Assist Trophy with the same function. It didn't help the fact that the third title in the series (which he played a small role in) had mixed reviews and flopped really hard.

Want: 70%
I've been wanting this guy for quite a while despite not playing his game until 2013 due to a ROM and I've heard plenty of good things about him over the years.

Takamaru

Chance: 58%
He's been getting some spotlight thanks to Nintendo after the release of Brawl over the years. He appeared as a guest character in one of Tecmo Koei's most popular titles (Samurai/Dynasty Warriors), had a supporting role in the quirky Wii title Captain Rainbow (which is already represented in the form of a Fat!Mac trophy), and his game is released outside of Japan for the first time in history a la 3DS eshop Virtual Console (though it's in Europe for now). Even though he had a sticker like Sable in Brawl, the main overworld theme of Nazo no Murasame-Jo appears as an unlockable track along with Mach Rider, Balloon Fight, and Shin Onigashima. Despite the sudden appearance of Greninja, he doesn't really harm him at all due to the fact that he's more of a samurai as opposed to ninja and that he could use kunai instead of shiruken despite what others say. I can imagine his playstyle as a projectile heavy character with many ranged attacks while he would attack with his trusty katana for some close combat. The gimmick that he would have would be a sheath/unsheating mechanic in which could determine whether he would use a projectile or attack with his blade depending on the inputs of certain attacks. Lastly, I can easily see him having the most potential for having a revival in the near future due to the game's setting and concept.

My most wanted retro since pre-Melee and still going after all these years. He's got a badass design, unique power-ups/weapons, interesting world, and he's from Nintendo's hardest game in history. Not to mention the explosion of fanfictions and yaoi that could occur with his inclusion.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Isaac
Chance: 15%. As much as he is loved, we know that most ATs will remain as ATs. With only one Nintendo Direct before the Japanese release, we won't get much newcomers anymore.
Want: abstain. I've never played Golden Sun. He looks cool, though.

Takamaru
Chance: 50%. Sure, there's only one Nintendo Direct before the Japanese release, and Shulchrom Men are guaranteed to appear, but we didn't get our retro yet.
Want: 100%. I want him since I became a Famicom Disk System fanatic. I wrote articles about FDS characters on Nintendo Wiki, I uploaded FDS tracks on YouTube. He's my most expected thing since SSB4 was announced.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Isaac chance- 60%
It's looking better for him as the days go by while other characters are being de-confirmed as we go Isaac still hangs in there as one of the very few existing assist trophies left.
Isaac want- 90%
I'd love for Isaac to make it in but there are some above him in the want category.
For me at least.
Takamaru chance- 75%
I think this is a safe bet as there hasn't been solid evidence against him. He's also a very requested character as far as I can tell (most requested Retro that is)
Takamaru want- 100%
Obviousley he Isaac and Snake are the only ones I want at this point with Mike Jones not far behind.

...What can I say I'm optimistic.

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Takamaru

Chance 50%

It's the ultimate coin toss. Pacack did enough of the Columbo work to give an idea but with all of the signs slowly pointing to either no last second dump of tertiary characters on top of the remaining three (boring ass Chrom, Shulk and the Chorus Men) from the second leak and leak 2.5, it's all up to chance as to whether or not there'll be any last second entrants.

At least there's DLC!

With Megaman in and Palutena recently confirmed, Takamaru is LITERALLY the single character short of a surprise Mike Jones confirmation that would break me down into a mess of "Thank You Based Sakurai". Hell, for as big a Mike fan as I am, I'd actually be sad if Taka wasn't coming along with.

I need muh iaijutsu/sword draw and sheathes & cool ass projectiles. **** all these knights and European inspired swordsmanship styles. (Marf's cool tho)

Issac

Chance: 20%

Not knocking the character at all, but I really wonder if the team at Nintendo would come out swinging for Golden Sun of all franchises given all the other franchises both from that era and earlier that still want one playable representative and have all of the collective Nintendo nerd-dom pressing the issue.

Want: 80%

I am so down for more magicians/mixed magicians (Robin or Anna over Chrom pls Sakurai). They add a visual flair to these games like you wouldn't believe. I haven't played Golden Sun, but from the descriptions of the game's mechanics and the character's story, he sounds like he'd have a very distinct fighting style. People who go "but sword" are ****ing deficient in imagination if they don't see the djinn's potentials or realize that swords can also be for gestures rather than attacks.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'm going to be giving some of those ratings on the lower end of chance

Isaac
Chance - 8%
Given the rate of reveals and the gematsu leak pretty much being correct ... I'm starting to feel that we won't really get any more newcomers than that. And even if we do get more newcomers than the leak, I imagine they'll be stuff like Ridley or a DK rep and Mewtwo returning.
Going beyond that, imo, is pushing the chances a little bit, and while it is true we haven't seen anything from Isaac regarding his AT status ... we also don't have anything indicating interest in the Golden Sun series aside from the GBA virtual console revive, which puts him in the same range as a character from Console Wars. So I think Isaac should be closer to Andy's levels of chance.

Want - 70%
Would be a great character from a great series. Unique moveset, interesting, the series would contribute a lot: smash run enemies, stages, music. Yea, I'd be psyched to see this. But if it doesn't happen I'd understand and I'm not holding my breath for this.

Takamaru
Chance - 12%
Similar issues I have with Isaac regarding newcomers being much more limited now, but with Takamaru I feel that there have definitely been more hints or indication that it might happen, namely the fact no retro newcomer has really emerged and it's something Sakurai likes to do. Still, nothing extremely obvious, and while before I would have given him above 50%, the roster nearing completion and the leak probably being true means I'm hesitant to see any other newcomers as too likely.
I suppose I'll leave him a bit over Isaac, but not by much.

Want - 85%
I like what happened with Kid Icarus's revival, and it would be fun to see what happens to Takamaru if he makes it into Smash. He's been on my top ten wanted because of that.
However ... a bit of my want went down simply because right now I don't see his moveset as unique anymore, for obvious reasons. Most of the things he does in his game are now being done by other characters, and while his moves could definitely be given a particular style or quirk, as of now without seeing it I'm not convinced anything would be missing from Smash if he weren't in it.
I'd be happy to see him, I just wouldn't be too sad if he didn't make it.

Predictions
Lucas - 53%
that leak ...

Snake - 43%
Pac-Man waka waka'd his chances

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Takamaru
Chance 45%
It's a coin toss for me I'm not sure we're going to get a retro newcomer or if Little Mac counted as the one but if he didn't and if I thought of the safest choice Takamaru would be the one although with mii fighter and potentially Chrom I'm not secure enough to give him past 50 rating.

Want 85%

Isaac
Chance 25%
He's the type of character that seems like they've missed the train but not entirely either because his series is yet to be represented with a character. If it did have one he'd be one of the top contenders. His assist hasn't been announced but I believe he's more likely to stay as an assist trophy.

Want 1.5% I'm not a golden sun fan, and I'm not a fan of his design. Also I prefer Felix.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Isaac-
Chance 50%. He's the main character from a great series, though we haven't seen too much of it recently.
Want: 80% He would be a great addition to the roster, especially if Sakurai dives into his diverse list of abilities.

Takamaru-
Chance: 0%. I don't care that he was in Nintendo Land or, the failure of a game, Captain Rainbow. He's irrelevant and not important to Nintendo's history in any way. On top of that, the vast majority of the world, people on this board included, didn't even know of his existence until Smash 4 talk grew and he was suggested. Somehow I doubt Sakurai gives a crap that we don't gave a samurai yet either. Lastly, the Mii Swordfighter already uses Shurikens and Chakram. If you really want to play Takamaru, make a Mii out of him.
Want: 0%. If you didn't figure out why I don't want him from my chance description, you should probably read it again.

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Isaac
Chance 20% - he was the protagonist in the first Golden Sun, then a secondary character in the second installment to finally become a NPC in the latest game. That doesn't look good. Not to mention the last Golden Sun game flopped real bad.
Want 0% - not particularly interested.

-Takamaru
Chance 50% - he has had several cameos lately so that gives him an advantage if Sakurai is willing to include another retro.
Want 0% - I think he fits more into games like Samurai/Dynasty Warriors for obvious reasons not Smash. Also he's just too much of a generic bland samurai to me.

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
Takamaru

Chance: 55% I feel like it could go either way. If you look at the Takamaru thread here and the cameo's he's made in the past few years, I think there is a good chance of him appearing. His game was recently released for the virtual console in Europe (When will the U.S. get it?) He would make the perfect Nintendo retro choice and possibly have his franchise revived. But it also seems like he's not in demand enough by Smash players. Takamaru not being mentioned by the "leak" kind of worries me. I am kind of hoping that with the Captain Rainbow version of Little Mac shown as a trophy in one photo, that Takamaru's chances of appearing as a playable character improve. It would mean another franchise gets represented, since there's not a whole lot of newcomers from unrepresented Nintendo franchises as fighters in the new Smash Bros. Also we know Sakurai is aware of Takamaru's existence, after having a song from his game in the Mario Bros. stage of Brawl and that Takamaru is a sticker. And since I heard from an interview that Sakurai wants to add some more older characters, I hope Takamaru is among the choices, since there's not a whole lot of other retro Nintendo characters that have moveset potential for a Smash game. If Ice Climbers could be put in, with their game being so limited and Sakurai having to invent moves for them, which don't exist in their game, surely Sakurai could make Takamaru work?

Want: 100% After playing his game, Takamaru is my most wanted newcomer. To me, there's no reason for him not to be in the game. He has moveset potential, other than using his sword samurai style and reflect projectitles,, he can throw knives, disappear and use lightning. He could be fast and use combos. His stage could involve the ninjas from his game popping out of the background and they throw stars or fire sometimes.

Issac

Chance 30% I won't mind Issac. Though I worry he's not in demand enough. Strange since I thought the Golden Sun games were highly praised. We could use another fighter who uses magic. I would think after a few games, he has moveset potential.

Want: 50% I feel he deserves to be playable. I haven't played his games and have been meaning to, but maybe he will get the same treatment as Little Mac? Assist Trophy and then playable? Issac would be a good choice so there's a little more variety in the roster. Though if he's not in, it won't bother me much, but it would be nice to have another magic user.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Isaac - F

Chance 20%
This is being generous. Isaac had a monsoon of fan support during the Brawl days, yet his resume since then has been less than impressive. Like I said, it's all about fan demand and sales. If you've got neither, you've got nothing.

Want 0%:
He made a cool assist trophy and I wouldn't mind seeing him in that capacity again. Beyond that, not exactly on my wishlist.

Takamaru - F

Chance: 10%
If it's an Edo period character Sakurai wants, he should attempt to acquire Ganbare Goemon. Far more recognizable and his history with Nintendo is extensive enough for even the most staunch purists out there.

Want 0%
I'm not feeling it. Takamaru might have some historical significance, but that only gets you so far. I think he'd look good inside a glass case.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Isaac: 8% Chance / 5% Want
He really just lacks the star power to compete with any non-Gematsu characters for any few precious spots left.

Takamaru: 1% Chance / 2% Want
We've already got our retro character(s) in Little Mac and Pac-Man, a samurai and ninja in Greninja and a swordbased newcomer in Chrom. Any niche he wants to fill is taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom