• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Wait, so iconic weapon in the game means that they are not playable?

I guess Chrom, Little Mac and Lucina are both deconfirmed. And so does the Gematsu leak by an extent.:troll:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Wait, so iconic weapon in the game means that they are not playable?

I guess Chrom, Little Mac and Lucina are both deconfirmed. And so does the Gematsu leak by an extent.:troll:
Does Little Mac gloves have a name (not even the same color as Villager's)? as said Mushrooms and Boxing Gloves are generic objects really? If sudendly Little Mac Gloves get a name and an unique design that would be a different story. The thing with the Falchion is tottaly different, you don't see Falchions as ITEMS ITEMS, you can have a character with a similar or the same weapon as a tool to them because the share the series, but the day we see Master Swords, Falchions, Galactas or Ragnels as items OUTSIDE of Link and Toon Link, Marth, Meta Knight and Ike then you have a point

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
So undisconfirm (lol) Toad as well?
Yep. Generic Lumas are stage elements and in a playable duo.
I think Toad still has a 1% chance.
We already re-rated him after his "deconfirmation" and he was rated to have about a 3% chance. There's no reason to deconfirm him now, after destroying his score.
Same for Balloon Fighter too. (I didn't check if he was called deconfirmed in the front post, but if he is)

Let's just stick to deconfirming characters that are physically shown as assist, pokeball pokemon, etc.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Dixie Kong:

Want: 0% I'd rather have K. Rool, enough said. I have nothing against her, though.
I don't think it's fair to give her no want simply because you'd rather have K Rool because you might as well put 0% want for every other character. Rate her individually and not compare her to K Rool. It's fine to want K Rool more than Dixie but I think it's unfair to not want her because K Rool would be the 'better' choice.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yep. Generic Lumas are stage elements and in a playable duo.
I think Toad still has a 1% chance.
We already re-rated him after his "deconfirmation" and he was rated to have about a 3% chance. There's no reason to deconfirm him now, after destroying his score.
Same for Balloon Fighter too. (I didn't check if he was called deconfirmed in the front post, but if he is)

Let's just stick to deconfirming characters that are physically shown as assist, pokeball pokemon, etc.
And trophies not from the modes playable characters get trophies from. Namely, for example, getting trophies in Smash Run. I don't think we have any confirmed (with visual evidence) of this, but Cranky Kong was mentioned as having been picked up as a trophy. If we can prove it, that safely disconfirms him.

I don't think it's fair to give her no want simply because you'd rather have K Rool because you might as well put 0% want for every other character. Rate her individually and not compare her to K Rool. It's fine to want K Rool more than Dixie but I think it's unfair to not want her because K Rool would be the 'better' choice.
Agreed. I want both K. Rool and Dixie, I just want K. Rool slightly more. And Dixie is my favorite DK character. :D

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Despite that those aren't items while Lip's Stick is so not the same situation
Of course. Lip still has no chance, but you have to keep in mind that there technically is precedent. So giving her the status of complete disconfimation would be an assumption. And we want to keep any and all assumptions out of the front post.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Of course. Lip still has no chance, but you have to keep in mind that there technically is precedent. So giving her the status of complete disconfimation would be an assumption. And we want to keep any and all assumptions out of the front post.
I understand, that nothing is absolute with her right now, but I find really flawed to think she has a real shot because other characters share weapons, but those weapons aren't items. That said I really like Lip, I consider her to get a trophy since Captain Rainbow is confirmed to get trophy rep (at least)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd like Lip to at least get an AT status, but at this point she's not disconfirmed, just incredibly unlikely.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I understand, that nothing is absolute with her right now, but I find really flawed to think she has a real shot because other characters share weapons, but that weapons aren't items. That said I really like Lip, I consider her to get a trophy since Captain Rainbow is confirmed to get trophy rep (at least)
Understandable, but the mere fact that there's a debate over it is enough to not list her as officially disconfirmed in my opinion.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
King K. Rool
Chances: 65%
The Gematsu leak does constrict things, but he's still a very popular character with importance to his series, and to be fair, the Kremlings do show that older material is being referred to. So he still has his good merits to get him into the roster alongside the Gematsu characters if the scenario plays out in his favor.

Want: 100%
He's one of the characters I want the most, I enjoyed him in the DK series and it'd be a lot of fun to finally see him on the roster.

Dixie
Chances: 40%
I don't think she's completely dead despite missing Tropical Freeze. While her popularity isn't as strong as King K. Rool's, it's still pretty notable in its own right, and she was on Sakurai's mind at least at one point in time. So I think she still has a chance.

Want: 50%
I'm ambivalent on her.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Just to be clear, we're only supposed to rate chance of being on the main roster and not including chance of being DLC, right? Because it seems like that's remaining a point of confusion.
You are correct.

I'd like Lip to at least get an AT status, but at this point she's not disconfirmed, just incredibly unlikely.
This is the opinion that I hold, as well. I think it's a little premature to cross her name off the list, but if I supported her, I certainly wouldn't be getting my hopes up if I were a supporter. I'm of the same mind with Toad, as well.

I think that's enough discussion of the two right now. Nominations start again in a week; feel free to nominate the duo then. For now, I have the results in, and I'm just writing my piece about Dixie and Rool before I switch us over to Pokemon talk.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
King K. Rool
Chance: 90% - Probably (hopefully) the most likely newcomer that isn't a part of The Leak.
Want: 100% - My most wanted newcomer.

Dixie Kong
Chance: 20% - She has a chance, but not much of a chance.
Want: 25% - I'm okay with her as long as K. Rool gets in.

Predictions
Jigglypuff: 90%
Mewtwo: 35%

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
There's a Toad trophy in the 3DS trailer.
Just saiyan.

However CAPTAIN Toad is still in the running.
Well, it is possible (though, again, unlikely) that the Blue version of Toad would be the default and that the red-capped, blue-vested Toad wouldn't even be an alt color.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
There's a Toad trophy in the 3DS trailer.
Just saiyan.

However CAPTAIN Toad is still in the running.
Well, then, Toad is out. Didn't see that one--nice call!

Dixie Kong: 5% chance and 50% want
King K. Rool: 20% chance and 100% want

We got our Mario newcomer, our Kid Icarus newcomer, our Pokemon newcomer, our third-party newcomers, our Fire Emblem guy, our WTF addition, our Miis, our JRPG character, and debatably our Retro addition. Isn't that pretty much every category of newcomer that we thought for sure we would get? Well, every category but one--we still don't have a Donkey Kong newcomer.

A Donkey Kong newcomer is something we've pretty much taken as a fact for a few years now. The franchise is one of Nintendo's largest in terms of sales, has one of Nintendo's richest group of characters, is seeing a massive revival in terms of sales and critical acclaim, and has two of the most requested characters for this game. I'd argue that if we were to get another character not listed on the Gematsu Leak, it would probably be someone from the franchise; its credentials are just too great.

There are two choices for this slot--King K. Rool and Dixie Kong. Right now, I'd argue that K. Rool has most of the cards. He was at least as important as Dixie in the pre-Tropical Freeze franchise, and he was far more requested for Smash in 2012 (when requests mattered). Although the data is incomplete, it does seem that this game won't really take Tropical Freeze into major account--Tikis over Snowmads in Smash Run, not hints of Tropical Freeze content with plenty of older stuff--so K. Rool therefore has the upper hand. That's why he's the guy I consider the most likely non-Gematsu newcomer; Dixie is still in my top-five, however.

One thing I'd like to point out--if there's DLC, I'd say Dixie would probably be chosen for that instead of K. Rool. If they're making DLC, they'd definitely take into account Tropical Freeze and the spike in popularity it brought Dixie, and I believe it would give her the edge. DLC is not to be taken into account in our ratings, but I thought I'd get that prediction out in the open.

As for want? K. Rool is my most wanted newcomer. Since playing DKC2 as a child, I've wanted to play as him; I particularly find childlike wonder in the concept of using his Blunderbuss (or his "Musket," as I called it as a kid), but I'd like to use his helibackpack and his crown-toss as well. I also love his personality, especially that from the cartoon (which I also have great memories of as a kid). The bottom line is this--I just really want to play as him in something other than a baseball game.

How about Dixie? Well, I do love her in DKC2 and DKC3--her spunky guitar-playing is awesome and her ability to glide is a godsend--I've never been quite so attached to the idea of taking her into a fighting game. I'd probably have her at like an 80% if it weren't for the fact that she'd essentially mean no King K. Rool, but as of now I can't say I want her.

DAY OVER

TAKE THE SMASH INVITATION BACK TO SAKURAI!

...NO, BRING IT BACK TO ME!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, then, Toad is out. Didn't see that one--nice call!

Dixie Kong: 5% chance and 50% want
King K. Rool: 20% chance and 100% want

We got our Mario newcomer, our Kid Icarus newcomer, our Pokemon newcomer, our third-party newcomers, our Fire Emblem guy, our WTF addition, our Miis, our JRPG character, and debatably our Retro addition. Isn't that pretty much every category of newcomer that we thought for sure we would get? Well, every category but one--we still don't have a Donkey Kong newcomer.

A Donkey Kong newcomer is something we've pretty much taken as a fact for a few years now. The franchise is one of Nintendo's largest in terms of sales, has one of Nintendo's richest group of characters, is seeing a massive revival in terms of sales and critical acclaim, and has two of the most requested characters for this game. I'd argue that if we were to get another character not listed on the Gematsu Leak, it would probably be someone from the franchise; its credentials are just too great.

There are two choices for this slot--King K. Rool and Dixie Kong. Right now, I'd argue that K. Rool has most of the cards. He was at least as important as Dixie in the pre-Tropical Freeze franchise, and he was far more requested for Smash in 2012 (when requests mattered). Although the data is incomplete, it does seem that this game won't really take Tropical Freeze into major account--Tikis over Snowmads in Smash Run, not hints of Tropical Freeze content with plenty of older stuff--so K. Rool therefore has the upper hand. That's why he's the guy I consider the most likely non-Gematsu newcomer; Dixie is still in my top-five, however.

One thing I'd like to point out--if there's DLC, I'd say Dixie would probably be chosen for that instead of K. Rool. If they're making DLC, they'd definitely take into account Tropical Freeze and the spike in popularity it brought Dixie, and I believe it would give her the edge. DLC is not to be taken into account in our ratings, but I thought I'd get that prediction out in the open.

As for want? K. Rool is my most wanted newcomer. Since playing DKC2 as a child, I've wanted to play as him; I particularly find childlike wonder in the concept of using his Blunderbuss (or his "Musket," as I called it as a kid), but I'd like to use his helibackpack and his crown-toss as well. I also love his personality, especially that from the cartoon (which I also have great memories of as a kid). The bottom line is this--I just really want to play as him in something other than a baseball game.

How about Dixie? Well, I do love her in DKC2 and DKC3--her spunky guitar-playing is awesome and her ability to glide is a godsend--I've never been quite so attached to the idea of taking her into a fighting game. I'd probably have her at like an 80% if it weren't for the fact that she'd essentially mean no King K. Rool, but as of now I can't say I want her.

DAY OVER

TAKE THE SMASH INVITATION BACK TO SAKURAI!

...NO, BRING IT BACK TO ME!
DK newcomer is something that really should be in, and frankly I think even if K. Rool is in the game, Dixie could still make it as DLC. If K. Rool isn't in the main game and he wasn't planned to be added before, I can't see him getting in as DLC. He'd only be DLC material if he was already started and they just couldn't finish him before release. Dixie wouldn't be too hard because her model is similar to Diddy's and her moves as a whole are similar, too, plus her main moves and animations can be drawn from Tropical Freeze, something that can't be said about K. Rool unfortunately.

Groose

Smash Champion
Baron King Kaptain Krusha K. Roolenstein
53.62% chance (was 68.75%)
80.53% want (was 78.88%)

King K. Rool's chance dropped a bit, but he's still expected to be playable in the game. His chance drop is probably just a result of more people believing the Gematsu Leak, which leaves less room for newcomers. That said, he remains our Most Wanted Newcomer; his want score actually increased, and BKupa didn't even have to show up. Hopefully, his finest hour will soon come!

Dixie Kong
40.85% chance (was 49.04%)
57.55% want (was 54.24%)

Just because K. Rool is both likely and popular doesn't mean that Dixie is lacking in either regard. She also saw a want increase, and she's now back among our most wanted characters. He chance score also places her in the Top Ten in that regard, as well. It's amazing how popular the DK series is on these boards.

Since I've already used the "we dreamed of rating the world's most powerful Pokemon" joke about three times now, I decided to come up with a new joke instead this time. Unfortunately, I was only able to make clones of that last joke, so it looks like I'll have to go without one. It' Mewtwo again, guys. Also, we have Jigglypuff--has the Gematsu Leak deflated the Balloon Pokemon, or are her chances still high? Please rate Mewtwo and Jigglypuff in chance and want.

Tomorrow we'll be discussing two swordsmen who can offer so much more--Isaac and Takamaru. Predict away! Nominations are still on hold; our schedule is below.

Projected Schedule:
Day 250: Ridley and Sceptile
Day 251: Gematsu Leak, Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men
Day 252: King K. Rool and Dixie Kong
Day 253: Mewtwo and Jigglypuff
Day 254: Isaac and Takamaru
Day 255: Solid Snake and Lucas
Day 256: Robin and Lucina
Day 257: Bandana Dee and Captain Toad
Day 258: Impa and Ghirahim
Day 259: Medusa and Dark Pit

And before I go, I just felt like linking you all to this song. How many of you did I just make nostalgic?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Mewtwo Chance: 80%, the most reviled cut. Even though he sucked in Melee he could see a nice revamp this time around.
Want: 60%, I've never cared much for Pokemon. That said Mewtwo is quite cool and I think he'd be way better than Jigglypuff.

Jigglypuff Chance: 65%, next-to-no one has ever liked Jigglypuff. She's never been that great, her popularity is dwindling, and the one excuse she had for sticking around has pretty much been destroyed with the notion that Ness is once again being considered to be cut. Yeah, it appears Lucas is more likely to get cut, but they still considered cutting Lucas. There is the whole Fairy Type thing, but she's still just another round, floaty character who was only added to the original game because they could make her more easily as they based her off of Kirby, otherwise Meowth would've gotten in instead. She wasn't even that good in Brawl, either.
Want: 5%, I've never liked Jigglypuff. I don't care for Pokemon as is, and Jigglypuff is probably the character I hate most in all of Smash Bros. I couldn't care less if she gets cut.

Regardless, I could see Jigglypuff and Mewtwo BOTH get in, but if it came between the two of them, I think Mewtwo would win out this time.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
My most desired character is being rated again, it seems. Hopefully I can get some reassurance out of this.

Mewtwo Chance: Abstain

Unfortunately, I don't think I can accurately rate Mewtwo at this point. I simply want him in too much and am far too pessimistic about his chances to make a useful contribution to his overall chance score.

Mewtwo Want: 100%

Mewtwo remains my all time favorite character to have ever been playable in a Smash game. I absolutely loved him in Melee, and I think it was a crime that he was left out of Brawl. Mewtwo has absolutely every reason to be in this game now, and if he does end up being included, I'm going to be absolutely ecstatic about it.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Mewtwo
Chance 30% - no idea where could his chances stand, maybe the new evolution mechanic will work to his favor.
Want 60% - I wouldn't mind him in he's pretty recognizable and has a respectably-sized fanbase but if I had to choose between him and Jiggly I'd choose the latter. Or they both could be in but honestly no more than these two, enough of Pokemon reps.

Jigglypuff
Chance 90% - perfect attendee. Unique moveset.
Want 100% - she's adorable.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Mewtwo:
Chance - 80%
One of the most wanted characters after he was cut from Brawl. Time constraints were apparently the main reason for this, and while Pichu and Young Link can die in a hole Mewtwo had a unique moveset and people liked him: Really should've been considered before adding a different Link clone in Toon Link (Though I will admit, Toon Link does at least add something artistically). Even when considering Lucario who only shared 1 move!
Want - 100%
My main from Melee, despite being apparently bad. Gosh dang tier lists can't ruin my fun though, I play who I want and I liked playing Mewtwo. Who knows: They might even buff him for 4!
Jigglypuff:
Chance - 99.9%
Why are people considering her to be cut? I mean, I get the popularity drop, but that doesn't change the fact that she's been in every game prior. She's only not announced yet cause secret characters simply aren't announced unless they're third party or Luigi.
Want - 99.9%
Only reason she's missing 0.1% is cause I don't like her as much as Mewtwo. One of my mains in Melee cause she was strong, one of my mains in Brawl despite being nerfed (See above: Me liking Mewtwo despite tier lists) plus I like her anyway unlike these haters (⌐■_■)

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Mewtwo:
Chance: 40%
I see him as being DLC, so 50% off of what his score would be (because we are not rating DLC chance)
Want: 80%
I've always found him to be really cool.
Jiggs:
Chance: 99.5%
Sheik has a new sleeping animation. Why make that, and cut the character that puts people to sleep?
next-to-no one has ever liked Jigglypuff.
OBJECTION!

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Mewtwo
Chance : I don't know, 50% ? I'm not sure he counts as a newcomer so maybe the leak doesn't apply to him ? Very popular and stuff, he has a good chance.
Want : 100%. The fact that he was cut in Brawl was a travesty.

Jigglypuff :
Chance : 100%. I'm not sure at all, but I would be so mad if they were once again cutting two characters I liked. Bye Ivy !
Want : 100%. My main in 64, Top 3 in Melee and Brawl after Peach and Zelda.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Mewtwo: 65% I see him as more likely than not, but not by much. The question to ask yourself is: will pokemon get 6 reps?
Want: 100% I would LOVE this. I just hope they can make him better than project m did. (Yes, I am disappointed in pm Mewtwo. Deal with it.)

Jigglypuff: 95% Sakurai has cut only one character with a unique moveset. Look how that turned out. The question to ask yourself is: will Sakurai be dumb enough to let it happen again?

Isaac: 31%
Takamaru: 42.06%

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Mewtwo

Chance: 90%

Well i'm slightly optimistic but this is all info.

Anyway mewtwo is the most wanted character out of all of them, the greninja is likely a troll because a few stuff was removed off of greninja to make him look like mewtwo in the trailer.

Sakurai is listening to the fans quite a few of the stuff he did is what we request so clearly he knows about mewtwo easily, and look at all the promotion mewtwo has gotten (excluding the remakes of ruby and sapphire.)

And finally we had 6 in brawl not 4 its likely we will get 6 again, and we saw what the roster looks like its either 47 or 51 at this point and 51 has a higher chance. (Aka looks like plenty of room for him either way.)

Want: off the charts

Hes my favorite pokemon.

Jigglypuff

Chance: 99%

Ben here since 64 and plus with the new fairy type easily can get new moves for her.

Want 70%

Not too found of her but i like her.

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Oh bother, I was dreading this day, because I know it's going to take me FOREVER to type this...

OK. Easy one first:

Jiggs Chance: 70%

Everyone seems to like Gematsu, right? Well, remember how the guy was saying that there were debates about cutting Ness or Lucas?

If the very fact that this can be debated is any indicator, Jigglypuff being an original twelve isn't as strong a credential as people make her out to be. She still has a very good shot, most definitely, but outside of her waning popularity, her perfect attendence, and unique moveset, she doesn't have much going for her in a franchise with other characters grappling for one of the precious slots.

That all said, I fully expect Jiggs to be in this game. Whether she's in the initial version or not is what that rating is.

Want: 10% 20% (EDIT: Remembered how fun it is to set 3 level 1 Jigglypuffs to high percent then pick Bowser :troll:

I don't like Jigglypuff. There, I said it.

She is the one character, outside Dr. Mario, whose inclusion in Smash just doesn't make sense to me. Pichu represented the baby Pokemon, and was cut when its time passed. The Ice Climbers, while outdated, still represent their own franchise. Jigglypuff is just... there. She was popular in the anime, sure, but so were many other Pokemon. It boggles my mind how Jiggs could have gotten in before Charizard, Mewtwo, and Meowth, how on earth did she beat Meowth!!! He's the second most iconic and recognizable Pokemon of the anime for crying out loud!

Mewtwo's Chances: 95%

I've said it before, and I will say it again: No character even comes CLOSE to having the credentials that Mewtwo has for being in Smash Bros. Want a list?

1. One of the most popular Pokemon of all time, in all the polls I've seen ranking the greatest Pokemon, he either tops the charts or is in the top 5.
2. Most popular request to get into this game. By far. Globally. There is no other character that would make the Smash community more hyped to have in the game then Mewtwo coming back, I feel completely confident in saying this.
3. Veteran character is a veteran. If he's not in the initial build he will definitely come back as DLC, people want him in this game! (Which is the only reason there is 5% missing from the initial score: They might advertise DLC with him)
4. Unique moveset. If you think Lucario's a clone of him, you either don't know what a clone is or haven't played Melee. -_-
5. Legendary Pokemon: One of the most iconic parts of Pokemon is catching the ultimate Pokemon in that game. And Mewtwo is the best of the best when it comes to legendaries. I have the same thought cycle when it comes to Sceptile and the starter triangle, only Mewtwo has a ton more going for him.
6. TWO Mega Evolutions. One of two Pokemon who was so iconic and important that they gave him two Mega Evolutions! They used those to advertise the games, the deciding factor for which game I was going to get was the X and Y forms of Mewtwo and Charizard, and I know I was far from the only one. And speaking of his Mega's advertsing the games:
7. Mega Evolution posterboy! While Lucario was the main focus in the games, Mewtwo was the focus everywhere else. He was the Pokemon they advertised the Mega Evolution concept, they gave him a whole movie because of this role, and both Megas are appearing in the next one. He is one of the most imporant Pokemon in the anime right now, something Sakurai went out of his way to say that was one of the things they looked at for Pokemon characters.
8. Villain... Anti Hero? Person of questionable actions? Whatever. He brings a breath of refreshing malicious air to a roster compromised entirely of good and righteous people. I mean, all we've got at this point are Bowser and Dedede and the eternal glutton known as Kirby. Smash needs more villains!
9. 6 Pokemon reps a problem? Because having 6 in Brawl when we had less characters was a travesty?
10. The Ridley Theorem Teasing. Wait, what? Teasing you say? Yes. I don't know how people keep forgetting this, but Sakurai went out of his way to tell people that he was considering including Mewtwo in the next Smash Bros games. He didn't have to do that. He could have kept his mouth shut, let the Pokemon representatives sweep aside the question, and move on. But no, he told everyone that the most requested character was being considered for Smash Bros. And there is more!

Remember the Greninja trailer? How everybody thought it was Mewtwo? Well:

Smeargle confirmed!

But seriously, that trailer was designed to make you think it was Mewtwo initially. There was no reason for that, lots of people reacted poorly because they thought it was Mewtwo and got dissapointed. This was an incredibly stupid move... unless it was setting people up for an even better reveal in the future.

Whew! Pretty sure I'm forgetting a few things, but I will edit those in as I remember.

As for want: 100%

Come on, it's Mewtwo for crying out loud. Do I really need to say any more then that?

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Jigglypuff

Chance: 100%
Considering that she's a veteran from the 64 days, a widely popular character in both the competitive scene and the Japanese fanbase, her chances are exactly the same as every other game: She's a lock.

Want: 55%
Nothing against Jigglypuff, I'm just...indifferent towards her. I never particularly liked playing as her, as she never fit my fighting style.

Mewtwo

I was going to post a list of reasons on why Mewtwo is a lock for this game, but...
Oh bother, I was dreading this day, because I know it's going to take me FOREVER to type this...

OK. Easy one first:

Jiggs Chance: 70%

Everyone seems to like Gematsu, right? Well, remember how the guy was saying that there were debates about cutting Ness or Lucas?

If the very fact that this can be debated is any indicator, Jigglypuff being an original twelve isn't as strong a credential as people make her out to be. She still has a very good shot, most definitely, but outside of her waning popularity, her perfect attendence, and unique moveset, she doesn't have much going for her in a franchise with other characters grappling for one of the precious slots.

That all said, I fully expect Jiggs to be in this game. Whether she's in the initial version or not is what that rating is.

Want: 10%

I don't like Jigglypuff. There, I said it.

She is the one character, outside Dr. Mario, whose inclusion in Smash just doesn't make sense to me. Pichu represented the baby Pokemon, and was cut when its time passed. The Ice Climbers, while outdated, still represent their own franchise. Jigglypuff is just... there. She was popular in the anime, sure, but so were many other Pokemon. It boggles my mind how Jiggs could have gotten in before Charizard, Mewtwo, and Meowth, how on earth did she beat Meowth!!! He's the second most iconic and recognizable Pokemon of the anime for crying out loud!

Mewtwo's Chances: 95%

I've said it before, and I will say it again: No character even comes CLOSE to having the credentials that Mewtwo has for being in Smash Bros. Want a list?

1. One of the most popular Pokemon of all time, in all the polls I've seen ranking the greatest Pokemon, he either tops the charts or is in the top 5.
2. Most popular request to get into this game. By far. Globally. There is no other character that would make the Smash community more hyped to have in the game then Mewtwo coming back, I feel completely confident in saying this.
3. Veteran character is a veteran. If he's not in the initial build he will definitely come back as DLC, people want him in this game! (Which is the only reason there is 5% missing from the initial score: They might advertise DLC with him)
4. Unique moveset. If you think Lucario's a clone of him, you either don't know what a clone is or haven't played Melee. -_-
5. Legendary Pokemon: One of the most iconic parts of Pokemon is catching the ultimate Pokemon in that game. And Mewtwo is the best of the best when it comes to legendaries. I have the same thought cycle when it comes to Sceptile and the starter triangle, only Mewtwo has a ton more going for him.
6. TWO Mega Evolutions. One of two Pokemon who was so iconic and important that they gave him two Mega Evolutions! They used those to advertise the games, the deciding factor for which game I was going to get was the X and Y forms of Mewtwo and Charizard, and I know I was far from the only one. And speaking of his Mega's advertsing the games:
7. Mega Evolution posterboy! While Lucario was the main focus in the games, Mewtwo was the focus everywhere else. He was the Pokemon they advertised the Mega Evolution concept, they gave him a whole movie because of this role, and both Megas are appearing in the next one. He is one of the most imporant Pokemon in the anime right now, something Sakurai went out of his way to say that was one of the things they looked at for Pokemon characters.
8. Villain... Anti Hero? Person of questionable actions? Whatever. He brings a breath of refreshing malicious air to a roster compromised entirely of good and righteous people. I mean, all we've got at this point are Bowser and Dedede and the eternal glutton known as Kirby. Smash needs more villains!
9. 6 Pokemon reps a problem? Because having 6 in Brawl when we had less characters was a travesty?
10. The Ridley Theorem Teasing. Wait, what? Teasing you say? Yes. I don't know how people keep forgetting this, but Sakurai went out of his way to tell people that he was considering including Mewtwo in the next Smash Bros games. He didn't have to do that. He could have kept his mouth shut, let the Pokemon representatives sweep aside the question, and move on. But no, he told everyone that the most requested character was being considered for Smash Bros. And there is more!

Remember the Greninja trailer? How everybody thought it was Mewtwo? Well:

Smeargle confirmed!

But seriously, that trailer was designed to make you think it was Mewtwo initially. There was no reason for that, lots of people reacted poorly because they thought it was Mewtwo and got dissapointed. This was an incredibly stupid move... unless it was setting people up for an even better reveal in the future.

Whew! Pretty sure I'm forgetting a few things, but I will edit those in as I remember.

As for want: 100%

Come on, it's Mewtwo for crying out loud. Do I really need to say any more then that?
You took the words right out of my mouth, Kalimdori.

Definitely. I would be devastated if he didn't return for this game.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Mewtwo

Chances: 75%
Anything can happen in the realm of unlockables and that's where I think Mewtwo has the best chance of recapturing a roster spot. If you think about it, it's do-able. Still wouldn't get my hopes up, though.

Want: 90%
I liked playing as him even though he'll probably receive a rework. He's got far more to his arsenal than what he showed in Melee, so it should be no giant task in setting him apart from Lucario.

Jigglypuff

Chances: 70%
I don't know what to think of Jiggly's chances. I'm certain his popularity has diminished since the Kanto days and let's be honest, Charizard broke away on the strength of his popularity alone - it kind of matters. Sakurai could ultimately leave Jiggly in for seniority reasons, but that wouldn't make sense given the talks about cuts. This Pokemon just seems like the type to be thrown into the fire if push comes to shove.

Want: 0%
Jiggly wasn't my first pick from the beginning and I think he's had his day. If you're going to stuff the roster with Pokemon, go with the essentials and replace the rest with something more interesting.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Jigglypuff's chances: 90% - Not quite a shoe-in, but I still doubt that she'll go anywhere at this point, especially with six Pokemon characters being a decent possibility.
Want: 100% - I've always liked her. Far more than Mewtwo. I'd miss her if she got cut.

Mewtwo's chances: 75% - Still think Jigglypuff is more likely, but he could still get in over her and there's a decent chance of both returning.
Want: 55% - He deserves it and I'd be happy for his fans so I'd prefer that he returned, but I don't care much about him and he was one of my least favorites in Melee so I wouldn't be upset at all if he missed the cut again.

Isaac prediction: 36.93%
Takamaru prediction: 43.25%

Last edited:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff's been a staple ever since Smash first began. O12 status is real, very real, and this is even reinforced by the Gematsu Leak with Lucas's likelihood in being cut. Who'd he go up against? Ness, another O12. She survived the transition into Melee. She beat Mewtwo for Brawl. Nothing exists yet that suggests that she's gone. She's as sure a bet at this point as Captain Falcon is. She's gotten representation in recent Nintendo advertising, and she retains a fair amount of popularity not just in Japan, but in Smash in general especially among those who hold to Melee. She also has the heart of Sakurai himself, as she is one of his favorite pokemon. Given that we've already confirmed Sakurai bias to exist, there's little reason at all to doubt her return. Whether her re-typing comes into play with a moveset shift is unsure, but her participation is undeniable. The only question is when.

Just a quick glance at my avatar'll make things very easy to understand. Played her since 64, as well as used her in the actual Pokemon games. She's no OU by any means, but I never cared about that. Hopefully some tweaks'll being her back from the Brawl nerfs she'd received. Smash 4's apparent focus on air-to-air combat due to the death of edgehogging plays very well to her strength though. I can see her being an absolute terror to face once both fighters leave the stage. Mac, meet your worst matchup. Very excited for the future of Jigglypuff.

Mewtwo

Chance: 0%

His day is over. He had his chance in Melee, and he turned out to be a dud. Not only that, but the amount of work that went into him in Brawl does not happen when you are in a rush.It's just unexplainable that you wouldn't push your heavy-hitters to completion first before the time crunch sets in. I think the evidence suggests he was well into development, and then either due to Sonic showing up, difficulties in getting him to work, or just being dissatisfied with him in general, the team gave uop on him. They decided he just wasn't worth finishing, and so they dummied out his data and soldiered on. He may return to the game, but it won't be as a playable character. His status as the only Legendary to have not just a Mega Evolution but two suggest that he may actually be a Boss Battle/Boss Hazard, and which Mega Evo he goes for depends on the platform he's faced on(3DS/WiiU). The Master Ball suggests he might come back as a Pokeball. The roster leaks suggest 47 + Random. No matter what, as far as playability goes, there's no room, and there's no hope. As Sakurai said once(and I paraphrase), 'just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll get into Smash Bros'.

Didn't play him in Melee beyond earning his trophies, didn't miss him in Brawl, won't even notice him gone here. Didn't even use him in the games, actually. Just Masterballed and boxed.

STARRRaptor

Smash Rookie
did everyone miss me. i have to play by the rules now :c

Mewtwo
Chance: 30% - if he didn't come back in Brawl, I doubt it for Smash 4
Want: 50% - It would be cool if they changed his moves as Lucario's moveset seems to be heavily inspired by Mewtwo's.

Jigglypuff
Chance: 80% - I think so solely because she's been around since Smash 64?? I'd be rotted if they let go some of the true smash vets.
Want: 80% because she's prettymuch irrelevant at this point and the irony of her being in the game is just too rich!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff's been a staple ever since Smash first began. O12 status is real, very real, and this is even reinforced by the Gematsu Leak with Lucas's likelihood in being cut. Who'd he go up against? Ness, another O12. She survived the transition into Melee. She beat Mewtwo for Brawl. Nothing exists yet that suggests that she's gone. She's as sure a bet at this point as Captain Falcon is. She's gotten representation in recent Nintendo advertising, and she retains a fair amount of popularity not just in Japan, but in Smash in general especially among those who hold to Melee. She also has the heart of Sakurai himself, as she is one of his favorite pokemon. Given that we've already confirmed Sakurai bias to exist, there's little reason at all to doubt her return. Whether her re-typing comes into play with a moveset shift is unsure, but her participation is undeniable. The only question is when.

Just a quick glance at my avatar'll make things very easy to understand. Played her since 64, as well as used her in the actual Pokemon games. She's no OU by any means, but I never cared about that. Hopefully some tweaks'll being her back from the Brawl nerfs she'd received. Smash 4's apparent focus on air-to-air combat due to the death of edgehogging plays very well to her strength though. I can see her being an absolute terror to face once both fighters leave the stage. Mac, meet your worst matchup. Very excited for the future of Jigglypuff.

Mewtwo

Chance: 0%

His day is over. He had his chance in Melee, and he turned out to be a dud. Not only that, but the amount of work that went into him in Brawl does not happen when you are in a rush.It's just unexplainable that you wouldn't push your heavy-hitters to completion first before the time crunch sets in. I think the evidence suggests he was well into development, and then either due to Sonic showing up, difficulties in getting him to work, or just being dissatisfied with him in general, the team gave uop on him. They decided he just wasn't worth finishing, and so they dummied out his data and soldiered on. He may return to the game, but it won't be as a playable character. His status as the only Legendary to have not just a Mega Evolution but two suggest that he may actually be a Boss Battle/Boss Hazard, and which Mega Evo he goes for depends on the platform he's faced on(3DS/WiiU). The Master Ball suggests he might come back as a Pokeball. The roster leaks suggest 47 + Random. No matter what, as far as playability goes, there's no room, and there's no hope. As Sakurai said once(and I paraphrase), 'just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll get into Smash Bros'.

Didn't play him in Melee beyond earning his trophies, didn't miss him in Brawl, won't even notice him gone here. Didn't even use him in the games, actually. Just Masterballed and boxed.
If O12 really mattered as much as you say, there wouldn't be a debate over who to cut. That's the whole point.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
A veteran rating day? This seems like a great time to analyze the whole predicted roster! (No, seriously, doing that really helps confirm if either/both of these characters are as likely as they feel.)

Confirmed In: 33 Characters (9 Newcomers, 24 Veterans)
Gematsu Leak: +3 Newcomers, +1 Mother Veteran (Likely Ness>Lucas)
Expected Veterans: +8 (Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Jigglypuff, Meta Knight, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Wario)
Unsure Veterans: +? (Falco, Mewtwo, Snake, Wolf)
Unlikely Veterans: +0 (Dr. Mario, Ivysaur, Pichu, Roy, Squirtle, Young Link)

Current Total: 45, plus up to four from Unsure category

Considering what appears to be a four row character select, 47 could easily prove our final roster size, which leaves roughly two spots to be fought over between any anticipated surprise newcomers and those questionable veterans. Thankfully, one of those unsure veterans is being rated today, so let's get to it!

Mewtwo - 50%
I honestly haven't the slightest idea what to believe about Mewtwo these days. He's got extremely compelling arguments to be included, both between his high popularity and his star treatment in X/Y, yet it remains difficult to reconcile that with him being cut in Brawl and seeing just how full the SSB4 roster is currently looking. Based on my above predictions, if he's going to make it in, he has to hope for the following scenarios come true: Star Fox loses a character, Snake fails to return, and there are no further newcomers on the disc beyond the three remaining Gematsu newcomers. Snake's looking like he missed the roster after being a no-show at E3, the space animals remain an obvious cut point due to being at best semi-clones, and while Ridley in particular feels likely, we can't say for sure if there will be a secret newcomer beyond the leaks, so while it's far from guaranteed at this point, it seems Mewtwo has a solid shot of getting the scenario he needs for inclusion. I wouldn't count on his inclusion quite yet, which is why I'm keeping his rating at 50/50, but prospects are looking good for the legendary to make his return with SSB4.
Want - 50% - I don't care much for him personally, but he'd clearly deserve his spot.

Jigglypuff - 90%
Last time we rated Jigglypuff, I opted for this high but imperfect score because I felt her original 12 status might not actually guarantee her inclusion. Considering the latest Gematsu leak notes that there was discussion on only using Ness or Lucas, even if Ness is the presumptive winner of that discussion, that seems to prove my hypothesis that being original 12 doesn't mean as much as we think it does. Having no other news that might affect Jigglypuff ensures I have no reason to change her score from before, and while I don't think she's in any particular danger, it's interesting to see the small bit of doubt is justified.
Want - 100% - I gave her a 90% want before, but y'know what, she can get a perfect score here. The original 12 deserve inclusion every game, no questions asked, and it would be a shame if that status quo ever changed.

(EDIT today because I left out Meta Knight of my roster analysis by accident, meaning I had to rethink Mewtwo a bit. Long story short, no rating change, though arguably the rating fits even more now since it's less clear cut if he makes it.)

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Wow, that music is bringing back so many feels. Anyway, Mewtwo and Jiggs:

Mewtwo:

Chance: 80%
Since I screwed up yesterday, I won't count DLC chance in this, otherwise I'd put him at 100%. That being said, I'm still adamant in my belief that Mewtwo has a very high chance of returning. Sakurai's comments at the X and Y roundtable last year, combined with him being the most requested character in Japan by far when the roster was finalized (according to ChronoBound's research). Also, if Sakurai knew about Greninja at that time, he had to have known about Mewtwo's resurgence in relevancy. Mewtwo is very likely in the game, in my opinion. I just think he'll be an unlockable like he was in Melee.

Mewtwo definitely deserves a return in my book. I was dumfounded the first time I controlled him in Melee; I was actually able to take control of the worlds most powerful Pokemon. His (and Roy's) absence in Brawl was one of the main reasons why I dropped Brawl as my primary Smash game and kept returning to Melee. I understand that Roy isn't that important to the FE series, so I can understand him being cut, but come on. There was NO NEED to cut Mewtwo; he was iconic and had a unique moveset. Despite how bad he was in Melee, I still want him back. And, besides: Sakurai is giving all of the veterans moveset overhauls, so he could make Mewtwo better.

Jigglypuff:

I'm very sure that Jigglypuff is staying. He's a Smash staple at this point. Not much left to say.

While I have never seriously mained Jigglypuff, I still love to use him occasionally when I'm just screwing around in FFAs with friends. I love trolling people with his Down Throw and Rollout; I would hate to see that gone. Plus, it would make me feel kind of empty knowing that one of the Original 12 was cut from the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom