• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
By the way, this is our Top 10 Chance Chart right now. 3 reveals, all on the chart.

So, in all, we have had 4 characters checked off from our Top 10.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

By the way, this is our Top 10 Chance Chart right now. 3 reveals, all on the chart.

So, in all, we have had 4 characters checked off from our Top 10.
You should take Ridley off that chart and add in Little Mac.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
So with Chrom, Chorus Men and Shulk being all but confirmed at this point, could we have a re-rate on them (Or alternatively, re-rate the Gematsu leak as a whole)?

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
If anything, for consistency's sake, we should be removing the three reveals and bumping up whatever the next three are. I'd recommend waiting a little while on that, though, since the chance charts are liable to see a massive shake-up.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
New ledge tumble mechanics allow you to dash off and throw out an aerial more quickly, and confirmation that there are other newcomers unrevealed, and by the sounds of it a decent number... maybe one will come up soon.

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Throw in the fact that people are saying that they're playing unannounced characters, and...

My goodness, I don't think my poor heart can take all the hype...

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
They also just said 'This roster is huge!'

I mean, I guess it already is, but it's an odd thing to say if we've already seen most of it...

Last edited:

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
NFC
Want:100%
There are a bunch of ways they can use it, Dlc if you want to customize the character, customization, memory card, and one thing I hope they do with is they go th Street Fighter 3ds way by saving you characters moves and records, And have it battle other trophies for points.
I call myself a winner for getting close to what the amiibo actually does.

andimidna

Smash Master
Well, users here wanted to see Mac removed from the chart, so I don't want to go against them. Though opinions can change.
That was so we could have a list of the top ten unconfirmed characters. Brawler was suggesting a full overall top ten, as a temporary thing, people will most likely want the one in the OP to not have Palutena, Pac-Man, or Mii in it. (which looks like it would now include Chorus Men, Bowser Jr, and Robin)
Same for the want chart. It would be neat to see an overall picture, but eventually people will probably want to see Robin and Sceptile there instead of Palutena and Pac-Man.

------------

Woah....
CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE LINK ME TO WHAT'S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW?
They also just said 'This roster is huge!'

I mean, I guess it already is, but it's an odd thing to say if we've already seen most of it...
You! Where are you watching this? Ah! Hype! But I'm missing it! :o

Smady

Smash Master
I am the worst at this game. Can I retroactively swap my Mii and Ridley predictions? Just kidding.

I've undoubtedly missed a post detailing it, but I'll be interested to see what falls into top ten now that our E3 newcomers have been revealed as #1, #2 and #6.

Also, the longer we go on, the more obvious it is that there's some truth in the Sal Romano leak (which has always been a very depressing prospective roster). I've been out of the game a long time, but I'm seeing that it's beginning to strongly coalesce with the chance results. It's a sad reminder that, once Smash 4 is out, RTC is going to have to be retired. Thanks to @ Groose Groose and everyone who helps out, if I don't start posting here again before it's all over. You all did a superb job running an excellent series of threads.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
DAWN OF A NEW DAY

DAY 247: E3 NEWCOMER SATISFACTION

We got three newcomers. The obvious question remaining about them is this--are you satisfied?

Please rate Mii Fighter, Palutena, and Pac-Man for satisfaction.

andimidna

Smash Master
Palutena: 1000000000%
No explanation needed!!!!!!!!!!!
:4palutena::rosalina::4palutena::rosalina::4palutena::rosalina:HYYYYPE
Pac-Man: 83%
They gave him a great moveset, chose the right design, so my satisfaction is higher than my want was for him.
Some hype was lost because I found out he was in before I saw his trailer, they should have fit him in somewhere. And not just tweet it.
It was weird, he just kind of showed up. And then he was in. But I have a lot of sympathy for the character because despite being liked here, he's hated in most places, and his reveal has received equal to or more backlash than Miis so far. I'm not sure if he'll be one of my mains.
Mii Fighter: 10%
The follow-through was good, but they're still freaking Miis.
I don't want to play as Elijah Wood and Ice-T in Smash Bros. This was a mistake.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I CAN'T GET ENOUGH SATISFACTION GROOSE. You need Viridi's Almighty Hype Insurance? We're offering discounts now! :awesome:

Mii Fighter: Now using Pros and Cons!
Pros:
+Not just a generic little moveset. I like it!
+Customization Heavy, good Customization
+1 Slot
+-Not usable on With Anyone
+Badass trailer with Satoru Iwata now E. Honda.
Cons:
-Still Miis.
-They take up 3 fighters.
-Seem kind of similar to Little Mac, Link and Samus respectively.
-Feels like a waste if they can't be used fully online.
Overall, what they did was very interesting. However, it felt a little rehashy thanks to other characters, and the fact that they are Miis drags it down. Overall, it's good. Not my favorite newcomer, but good.
OVERALL SATISFACTION: 50%

Palutena: Expert Tuna Cook
Pros:
+****ing Palutena.
+Customization is awesome. Different specials!
+Design is actually good
+Reveal Trailer was fan-aimed on many levels.
Cons:
-Feels like she'll be broken. She has a combination of Mega Man's and Samus's FSes.
OVERALL SATISFACTION: 85%- Not very surprising to me, but a very welcome addition nonetheless.

Wakka Wakka!

Wrong Wakka.

Pac-Man: Master of Bloodshot Eyes and Sprites
Pros:
+Unique Moveset is Unique.
+CLASSIC PAC WORLD DESIGN
+HILARIOUS TAG LINE THAT SOUNDS SLIGHTLY CREEPY AT THE SAME TIME
+NO TEETH
+NO ANNOYING VOICE
+WAKKA WAKKA
+USAGE OF THE BEST TWO DESIGNS
+GALAGA SHIP
++++++++++EVERYTHING! MOST HYPED NEWCOMER BY A LANDSLIDE!
Cons:
-Why was he not revealed at the main event? Seeing how the Q&A focused on Customization it would have made more sense for Miis there...
OVERALL SATISFACTION: 9100%- He barely beat Greninja in my top newcomers so far. I cannot be happier with how he turned out in the end. His design. His moves. The Galaga Ship. There's only one other person who will be able to overpass the Pac... The Monado Boy will have his day. But it is Pac's now!

Overall, I like what Sakurai has done with the newcomers here (even Miis.) It's only getting better from here with fan favorites like Captain Knee and Fuzzy Pickles waiting!

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Palutena: 100% Check my reaction video. This is clearly the only score I'd give her.
Mii: 5% - I hate them. But they aren't useable on non-friend mode so they get +5% If Manaphy is back this might go up.
Pac-Man: 0% - My heart stopped when I heard he was in, and I was depressed for the rest of the day, hoping it was one big lie. And the fact he uses the ghosts in his moves? Eh, that doesn't seem right to me at all.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Palutena: 70%
I kind of expected her, but I'm still satisfied with how she turned out.
Mii Fighter: 50%
I would prefer them not in the game before their reveal, but they aren't terrible enough for me to outright hate them.
Pac-Man: 80%
Method of reveal was a bit offputting, but other than that he's been handled fantastically. It's also really awesome how basically the 4 old-school giants are in the game now.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Mii -60% They came out better than I thought, but I still have no interest in playing them.
Palutena- 80% First newcomer I've been really excited for and that I've wanted.
Pac-Man - I wanted him in, but wasn't an active supporter. However, he is undeniably awesome and I can't wait to try him out after Palutena 90%

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Mii Satisfaction: 99% Was really satisfied, especially with the Iwata and Reggie fight, they actually look like a lot of fun.
Palutena Satisfaction: 90% Mostly because I saw it coming, however that tease of Dark Pit got me extremely excited.
Pac-Man Satisfaction: 100% Completely satisfied, now we have all 4 gaming legends together. :D

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Mii Fighter: 50%
They look interesting, but I'm kinda upset that they took three movesets.

Palutena: 60%
I like Palutena, but her reveal wasn't up to par with many others.

And the one I actually care about:

Pac-Man:

Pros:
+++++ It's Pac-Man. They could have messed him up really badly and I'd still put like an 80% satisfaction.
+ PAC-MAN WORLD DESIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+ HE LOOKS SO EMOTIVE AND HAPPY!!!!
+ UNIQUE MOVESET THAT LOOKS FUN TO PLAY WITH!!
+ Good trailer, although not the best.

Cons:
- Not shown live for some stupid reason.
- No signs of any of the modern designs yet?
- No butt-bounce ;_;
- Why the fire hydrant of all things to use?
- Was late. Would have been much more convenient if he was revealed in place of Palutena.

Satisfation: 97.5%
It's Pac-Man, so I'm really satisfied. James got his wish. I just had some minor nitpicks because it is my favorite character and I do feel like the situation could've been handled a lot better. But I was still hyped, so whatever.

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Mii Fighter: 55%
Wellllll..... they are iconic. I know my brother, the casualest of casuals (the only Nintendo games he plays are Smash and Mario Kart), has no idea who K. Rool, Ridley, Shulk, Chrom, Palutena, Bandana Dee, etc. is. Yet, he still recognized the Mii, and he thought they were a hilarious addition. We laughed about fighting as laser shooting Abraham Lincolns. So, I feel like it'
s a decent addition based on its iconic status alone. Also, I feel like their little niche as the most customizable character fits them. HOWEVER, Nintendo has got a long way to go to make these soulless mannequins charming. They still unnerve me.

Palutena: 75%
Nice to have another strong woman in Smash. I like her as a character, and she looks fun to use. Feel like the customization went overboard on this one, though. It makes sense on Miis but here it just feels like it'll prevent her from establishing an identity.

Pac-Man: 100%
His trailer was perfect. This has been my most hype Smash 4 moment thus far.

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Mii: 80%

They get a fairly good score because I was expecting a fairly plain moveset,but they look pretty interesting. Minus some points because they are 3 fighters.

Palutena: 90%

Everything was superb. The intro, moveset, appearance, need I go on? Minus a little bit for her being so expected.

Pacman: 95%

Only behind Megamans and Little Macs reveals for me. He looks very fun to play. I like how Sakurai emphasized that "Now you can play as these gaming icons all in one game! Mario, Sonic, Megaman and Pacman."

One common thing is these characters were expected to be bland, or uninspired. Turned out to be the opposite. Can we finally officially bury the argument of "their moveset will be bland?"

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Mii Fighters

Pros:
+ Their implementation is less boring than I thought it would be
+ Looks like at least one of them should fit my play style
+ The different costumes are cool
+ I guess I can admit that playing as some funny Miis could be amusing. Play as Jesus, or Zoidberg, or whatever.
Cons:
- Three move sets for them, extra effort on their specials... development time that I would've preferred be used on pretty much any major character that ends up not making the cut
- Boring, bland characters... again, I'd prefer almost any other worthy character
- Move sets look ok, but they seem to be cobbled together with moves that are mostly borrowed from other characters
- All that and we can't even use them in With Anyone online matches... They could just give you some default Miis to choose from if they're so worried about Hitler and Saddam Hussein Miis, or bullying.

Mii Fighters satisfaction: 23%
Roster implications: 10%
In isolation: 54%
Really... all that effort on Miis. I may revise this if it ends up that the roster was done right. But given that Ridley, K Rool and Isaac are not part of the Gematsu leak, which is looking pretty legit at this point... If none of them are included, and we got THREE frikkin Miis instead... I'll be pissed.

If not for my worries about what they mean for the rest of the roster... So I'm judging them just like, what's my reaction if Sakurai said "I can put them in, or the roster will just be that much smaller"... Then I'd give them a 54%... mostly indifference. They look better than expected, but they certainly don't excite me, and the online mode restriction makes them lose points.

Palutena

Pros:
+ She looks pretty cool
+ Good character choice
+ Great trailer intro, that fight with Link and Pit was cool

+/- Unique customizable moves give her more variety, but also mean that being forced to use her default set will be more annoying
+/- Not enough info to figure out how she will play in her default move set

Cons:
- Emphasis on customizable moves makes me feel so-so. At the very least, it makes me feel like there's something unfair going on - Link has tons of equipment, Mega Man has tons of weapons to choose from, even Mario has a decent number of power ups (ice balls instead of fireballs, anyone?),... But Palutena is the only one who gets to have such a large variety of moves? Sakurai had lots of fun making up weapons for Kid Icarus: Uprising, and it just looks like favoritism. It really feels like a missed opportunity if she gets this, while characters like Link and Mega Man don't.

A couple things that annoyed me about the trailer:
- There's no way to tell what her default specials are.
- I HOPE that Dark Pit thing wasn't teasing him as a newcomer... Bad enough we get three Miis, but two Pits as well?

Palutena satisfaction: 80%
Just a solid character.

Pac-Man

Pros:
+ Quirky...
+ A lot of history in one place

+/- I don't really care about the design choice of Pac-Man World vs. Ghostly Adventures or whatever...
+/- Not enough info yet to evaluate his play style

Cons:
- I don't really care about Pac-Man. He seems boring to me. The fact that they had to basically make him into "Captain 8-bit Namco" basically confirms that there's not a lot interesting going on there, IMO.
- I still maintain he doesn't really have a lot to do with Nintendo history, hence he's a less fitting choice

Pac-Man satisfaction: 53%
Meh. I've accepted his inevitability*. Seeing Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man in screen shots is cool and all, but otherwise... I don't care about Pac-Man.

*I would be saying the same thing about Miis... If we had gotten just one Mii. But we got three of them, which was NOT what I expected, and not welcome.

Summary: Palutena good, Pac-Man meh, Mii Fighters bad.

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Mii - 5%
I still don't like them. They are an avatar not a character but anyway what can you do about it. Obviously it was a business decision to please your grandma, dad or whatever.

-Palutena - 60%
I thought it was funny how in her trailer her special moves kept going on and on. No surprise her moves aren't customizable.

-Pac-man - 90%
Glad they kept the old design. He's super cute and adorable! he's an icon he deserves to be there.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
But given that Ridley, K Rool and Isaac are not part of the Gematsu leak, which is looking pretty legit at this point... If none of them are included, and we got THREE frikkin Miis instead... I'll be pissed.
Well, the Gematsu leak also didn't mention Rosalina. So there's hope.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I know. There's definitely room for 2 or 3 more newcomers if we finish out the Gematsu leak. But I don't see room for much more, and we might not even get that.

Isaac is my least wanted of those three, but if we get Ridley or K Rool, I'll be alright. If we get Ridley and K Rool, I'll be pretty much completely satisfied. Isaac and one of the other two would be pretty good too.

At least Shulk is a character I would be happy to see, and he's part of the Gematsu leak.

I don't want Chorus Men, and Chrom is boring.

And then there's the possibility of cuts... I'm fine with Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur. I can live with Wolf or maybe Falco, Lucas or ROB being cut. But beyond that, it starts to hurt a bit.
-Palutena - 60%
I thought it was funny how in her trailer her special moves kept going on and on. No surprise her moves aren't customizable.
They aren't?
They are. Maybe he worded that poorly? Like Mario's moves are "customizable" in that you can change the way his Fireball works, instead of replacing it with a different move. But they all have customizable move sets.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
"However, Mii Fighters and Palutena don't have spin-off variations, but rather completely unique types of attacks."
I think you misinterpreted it, she won't have "spin-off attacks" as in Mario having a slow fireball, medium speed fireball or fast fireball. Her customizations are completely unique from each other.

D

Deleted member

Mii Fighter, Palutena, and Pac-Man Satisfaction has been added to the Directory.
Oh man! I have a lot to say at the end! But first, the newcomers.

Mii Fighters
Satisfaction:
-300% (0%)

Rosalina? Congrats, you are no longer my most deflating moment anymore.
I said before that if I want the Gematsu leak to be real and thus have Shulk, I have to accept them... but that doesn't mean that I wanted them in! Good gods! My worst nightmares have become true! Customizable movesets? Unfortunately so... but a crisis was averted when Miis were stated to be unavailable With Anyone.
Why -300%? It's -100% for every freaking Mii type. Now we lost three potential slots to them...
When I saw them, I was honestly thinking, "No. This can't be the Smash news... how terribly disappointing." Though... a heavenly light saved me...
Regardless. No. Just no. I hate the fact that they got in Smash.

Palutena
Satisfaction:
95%

I've stated that I have been completely indifferent on her many times before. The boss fight was just boring and dull to really translate into a working moveset...
But then... oh man! OH MAN! Her moveset is probably my second favorite in the game, losing only to Mega Man. I mean, it's so brilliant! So well-done! So... perfect!
The trailer was also incredible. I am a huge fan of Kid Icarus: Uprising. After playing that game, Pit became my second favorite video game character, losing only to Luigi. That trailer was a love letter to the fans of the game! All of the references, dialogue... it was incredible! It was also how I imagined the trailer to look like as it was animated like Palutena's Revolting Dinner (my favorite of the three KI:U animes). The action in the beginning between Pit and Link was also amazing! However... no Hades in sight. :(
Now, while I love her moveset and her trailer, I have to deduct 5% because Palutena isn't one of my favorite video game characters. I was indifferent to her in Uprising; she was funny and well-written character, but it irked me at times how this motherly figure picked on Pit throughout the game. So, I can't say that I am as satisfied with her as I was with Little Mac (who is my #2 in my Elite Four) and Mega Man (who has an amazing moveset).
She really went beyond my expectations. Though, I fear that she will be OP.

Pac-Man
Satisfaction:
80%

I was absolutely confused as to why he wasn't confirmed earlier at E3.
Another character who went beyond my expectations. His trailer was absolutely incredible with how it was set up and it's up there as one of my favorites for this game.
Gameplay wise, I love how he references so many classic Namco games and he could do more than what I anticipated. I mostly expected some generic moveset, but it looks like a lot of thought and creativity went into it.
However... I dunno. While I am thrilled by his moveset and trailer, I can't say that I find him to be as thrilling as other characters. I could care less if he made it in or not, but I'm glad he made it anyway.
Honestly, I am hyped to see Pac-Man join the fray and I never thought that I would be. I'm glad that Pac-Supporters got the last laugh.

Now... we have one major matter to bring up... it's, you guessed it, the Gematsu leak.
First off, Palutena and Pac-Man are neutral to the leak. Palutena was a shoo-in and I was strongly confident with Pac-Man.
However, the Mii Fighters, a certain statement in the Q&A, and a new image have added credibility to the leak.
Mii Fighters
Sal Romano said this in the Gematsu leak thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ano-gematsu-leak.353570/page-52#post-16866157
Hey, guys.

Funny that this page is talking about a new e-mail, because that's exactly why I'm here. Received one last night, but missed it in the mix of all this crazy E3 coverae.

But there's not much new about it, so I didn't think it was worth posting on the site.

I'll leave what it says here, though, in case you guys can use it in any way.

Basically, I was told that:

- Last E3 before game's launch (obviously)
- Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men (none of these are new, obv, so I take he means these are the participating characters for E3?)
- There has been internal debate about keeping Lucas versus Ness, apparently Lucas is likely to get the cut
- Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn't like this as he thinks it's greedy

And that's it. This E3 should make or break whether this guy's the real deal. Let's hope for the best! =)
He mentions about Mii Fighters. He correctly stated what the Miis were going to be called by their name. This adds more credibility to the leak...

Sakurai in the Q&A
Q: When did they decide to include Greninja?
A: All of the characters to consider were on our internal roster from the beginning of development. We had a slot for a new Pokemon reserved, but did not way for X and Y. We decided to use Greninja well before X/Y came out, based on early reference drawings.

What this means is that Sakurai decided to give a Pokemon from X and Y a roster spot, but it wasn't decided who initially. This adds even more credibility to the second batch of characters as it kills another argument of it "coming from a fake leak" or something like that. One was planned, but it was unknown who during development.

New Image

You see that? It's an enemy from Rhythm Heaven. Connecting the dots, it means that the series might get a character.

The stars have aligned to the Gematsu leak and everything is so clear to us now...

From now on, all remaining beneficiaries of the Gematsu leak (Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men) will all be given a 95% in chance.
Shulk has his merits thanks to Monolith Soft and now Xenoblade is an established series.
Chrom is the main star of Awakening, the game that saved his franchise.
Chorus Men come from a series that people underestimated and now its getting content.

I can't define them as really "shoo-ins," but the Gematsu leak makes them so damn close towards it.

Due to the Gematsu leak, I have to lower the scores of various characters. I've mentioned that King K. Rool would be given 50%... but I might give him a 60% with all things considered.
I'm still figuring out what I will give the other characters will be given in terms of chance. Because the Gematsu leak is most definitely real, anyone who isn't Shulk, Chrom, or Chorus Men are impaired by the leak becoming close to true. There might not be as many newcomer spots left.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Mii Fighters: 70%
The three forms seem like a waste of development time but considering how all of the moves seem to be rehashes of other character moves, I really don't mind it. Of course they then feel a lot like clones, but I think they're kinda interesting.

Pac-Man: 90%
I love this. Only played the first Pac-Man but I really feel like this guy deserved to appear than a lot of the characters we've rated (like a good 95% don't deserve it as much as Pac-Man). The four pillars of gaming are together for the first. time. ever. That's a huge deal.

Palutena: 100%
It's Palutena. nuff said

Okay the custom move stuff is weird but I like the depth it brings to her character. She looks like a lot of fun.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Palutena
Satisfaction: 100%
Way to represent a GODDESS, the style of the trailer was superb, animated by Shaft resposable of Palutena's revolting dinner, couldn't ask for something better, the battle between Pit and Link was epic, also the moment Palutena save Pit was really exiting.
About her 12 unique specials, I don't see them as a problem but an advantage, maybe I can't use some of them at tournaments or online and I don't care, the same will happen for every character. The difference is that her specials are not variant but totally different

Her trailer was THE BEST BY FAR!

Pacman
Satisfaction: 75%
I never supported him, and have my doubts but after watching his trailer, I think he fits so well in smash, can't wait to try him.
He looks cool.

Mii fighter
Satisfation: 20%
They look better than expected, still I am not a huge fan of the Miis as playable fighters

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Mii Fighters Satisfaction: 55%

Palutena Satisfaction: 60%

Pac-Man Satisfaction: 90%

SNEAKY SPIRIT SATISFACTION: 999%

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom