• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Crono:
Chance: 0%
Third Party character is Third Party, there's just to much standing in his way in the form of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, even Kingdom Hearts, before he'd have a shot at being playable.

Want: 30%
I like Crono. But he doesn't deserve to get in over other 3rd party characters, and I wouldn't want him to.

Zip:
Who on earth nominated this guy!? If your going for obscurity go for a character from a cherished, long forgotten game that people loved. Not an unheard badly received Wii game! There is no reason for this guy to get in, not a chance.

Want: 0%
No!

Fawful predictions: 3%
Oh how I wish it could be so.... but it won't....

Lanky Kong: .3%
Is this another joke nomination? Why are we rating characters like him and Zip?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Damn, I missed Anna's day. Ah well. (No bring up what happened though, please.)

Crono: 0%
He's a 3rd party, and by Square Enix. no less. That alone brings him down almost completely.

Want: 10%
I love his game, but he's the least interesting character in his party, design-wise.

Zip: 0%
Nah. Basically what @ Kalimdori Kalimdori said

Ermmm, he looks even worse than Pac-Man's Ghostly Adventures design to me.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Crono: 0
It's hard to give flat zeroes, but this is Square Enix we're talking about... even back in Chrono Trigger's day it couldn't compete with Final Fantasy for deservednes and had some competition from Seiken Densetsu and SaGa (though it would likely beat those two)... now-a-days they've got Enix' side with Dragon Quest and Star Ocean to deal with and let's not forget Kingdom Hearts, Million Arthur, Thief, Drakenguard and even Tomb Raider to overcome. Way WAY too much competition!!

And that's to be fair as he's really not all the iconic... I like his game, don't get me wrong, but is he an Icon of gaming history? No! He doesn't deserve the spot, as much as gameFAQs is enamored with him...

Second Party, and not even a close one...

As an AT he could be fun, but I think Pong does what he could better...

Lanky: 0.33%
Beaten to Tropical Freeze by his elderly uncle...

Fawful: 0.22%
Beaten to Smash by the Queen of the cosmos...

Spyro*5
(I hope no-one voted him high chance...)

D

Deleted member

Crono

Chance: 0% - 3rd party character is 3rd party (As if competition isn't stiff & Sakurai's criteria hurts Crono), also from...a now dead franchise as Square Enix seems to be focusing on Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Star Ocean, etc.

Want: 0% - I liked the game but I don't think he'll ever be in Smash Bros & I don't want him so no thanks.

Zip

Chance: 1% - Theres Nintendo characters that are from forgotten franchises...and then there is Flingsmash. Given that no sequel is planned in the works & it had a mixed reception, I don't think Zip has a shot of being playable but seeing how he is a Nintendo character, I will give him 1%.

Want: 0% - Was unfortunate enough to own a copy & I didn't really like it. Wouldn't like seeing him joinin SSB4, no thanks.

Nominate: Peppy Hare x 5

Last edited by a moderator:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Crono - 2.5% - a very deserving third aprty - if this were Smash 64. As it is, it isn't too relevant for Nintendo these days.
Want - 90% Such an amazing game - buy the DS remake, inevitable Virtual Console release, or original SNES version

Zip - 0% I can't believe I'm giving a Nintendo character a 0%, but come on. Not even a trophy.
Want - 0%

Predictions -
Lanky Kong - 0.4%
Fawful - 1.1%

nominate Flynn x3, X protag x2
...He hasn't gotten a trophy yet because his game came out in 2010 and Brawl came out in 2008. The sad thing is that he most likely won't get a trophy in SSB4.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Both:
Chance: .01%
I can't see either of them happening.
Want: 4%
Nor do I want to see either of them.
Nominating NFC smash trophies x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Chrono's chances: 0% - Third party, inactive series, has the likes of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest to deal with.
Want: 50% - Indifferent, though I should mention that this is the first time I've given something that isn't a 0 to a Square Enix character.

Zip's chances: 0% - Game isn't well known and had mixed reception.
Edit: And apparently isn't actually owned by Nintendo, so he gets dropped to zero.
Want: 50% - Indifferent.

Lanky Kong prediction: 0.18%
Fawful prediction: 4.49%

Jill x5

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Chrono:
Chance: 0.01%
Want: 55%

Zip:
Chance: Abstain
I have no idea who this is.

Predictions:
Lanky Kong: 2%
Fawful: 5%

Nominations:
Chaos 0 x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Ponytail Pac-man
Chance: 0% - Obscure unsuccessful franchise and he looks too similar to Pac-man.
Want: 0% - I'm not a fan.

Chrono
Chance: 0% - His fanbase won't be enough to save him. Even if we were to get a Square character, they'd push for someone else.
Want: 9% - I've heard good things about Chrono Trigger. Maybe I'd warm up to him eventually.

Lanky prediction: 0.6%
Fawful prediction: 4%

Nominations: Captain Toad x5

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Chrono:

Not happening. Third party franchise that's long dead from Square Enix, who has waaaaay better candidates.

Want: 15%
I have no attachment to the character whatsoever since I've never played his game, but it being based on the end times described in the Bible is somewhat intriguing. I may try it out sometime.

And he does seem to have a ton of potential as well.

Zip:

He's in one of the strangest positions I've ever heard of...apparently, FlingSmash (his game) was developed by a subsidiary of a now defunct third party company, but the game was exclusive to the Wii. From what I understand, the rights of FlingSmash were never sold to Nintendo, and they don't have the rights to use him. He should be getting a lower score than even Chrono.

Not interested.

Predictions:

Lanky: 1.55%
Fawful: 9.75%

Nominations: x5 Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man (Thanks for fixing it, Groose.)

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Crono:
Chance: 0% - Ok even Cloud and Sora have a better chance at this.
Want: 0% I've had enough of him in Super Smash Flash, no thank you.

Zip:
Chance: - 0.5% - Is he or is he not, Nintendo?
Want: 35% - Could be fun and unique, but seems more like fangame material.

Predictions: Lanky - 1.67%
Fawful: 8.74%

Nominations:
Tails x2
Warrior of Light x3

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Going to have to not join in the ratings for a few weeks Groose, I'm off on my honeymoon!

Chrono

Look...Chrono's a VERY popular 3rd party character but his game has niche appeal at best and he's hardly a household name.
Further making his appearance a problem is he'd have to essentially be the mascot of Square Enix; a company that doesn't appear to have a defined company mascot.

He has some very heavy competition from the following:
Lightning; the current face of the ever popular Final Fantasy series,
Slime; the face of the Dragon Quest series,
Sora; the ever popular Mickey Mouse gijinka who wields a giant key as a weapon,
Cloud Strife; the most popular Final Fantasy protagonist in the world,
Black Mage; an actual Nintendo related FF guy who has crossed over with Mario...

...and then there's inexplicably popular Brawl request Geno who is technically a Mario character.

All of the above have a little more going for them than Chrono. Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Kingdom Hearts are all current franchises that are better from an advertising viewpoint and Geno's inclusion was obviously a popular idea at some point amongst Smash fans...between all that competition, I can't see Chrono getting picked.

Anyone remember what I said about us Brits only just getting Earthbound after Ness had been in Smash for fourteen years?

Well Chrono's the same deal. We got his game released on VC officially in 2011. Ergo I have no connections with him at all.

I don't really like the majority of Square's protagonists either. Final Fantasy for me is now seems more like a Sony franchise and same to Kingdom Hearts. Slime just doesn't get me 'gooing' either. His designs a little too simple for me.

Spiky haired swordsmen also seem redundant for a third party option whilst we're still awaiting Isaac; Nintendo's OWN spiky haired swordsman to appear in Smash.

Abstaining from Zip, he's too obscure for me to even care.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Zip chance: 1.5% Has had one of the worse reception of any Wii game Nintendo has published. I did watch some gameplay of it, and honestly I don't think Sakurai will think this game is worth representing in Smash Bros at all.

Zip Want: 5% Has a cool design, but bad games leave my opinion to a NO-NO.

x5 Ayumi Tachibana

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
For once, I agree with Bluepikmin11!

Girl's Mode (I played my girlfiriend's version, and she's Japanese so to me it will always be Girl's Mode) is actually pretty fun, and has a LOT of variety in the outfits and requests... It's not something I could play much more than the few hours or so I spent on it, but that time went surprisingly quickly and was surprisingly good, simple fun... I'm not in the demographic but if I were into fashion (like my girlfriend is) I could see myself getting pretty into it.

Even if you disagree on it being good, per se, you have to compare to other games of the same genre, and since most of those are barbie cash-ins or actual shovel-ware (I haven't forgotten Groose!)... I think it's fairly clear that Girl's Mode is one of, if not the, best fashion game by a country mile!

Disclaimer: This post is not an accurate representation of how often I agree with Blupikmin11.

Anyways!

Back on topic, it appears my straight 0 prediction is too low for Crono... And her I thought he'd join Lupus...

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Crono: 0% nope.

Zip: I nominated him so I should explain some things that he has going for him. He is a Nintendo character. He would be unique. Yup, as you can see, he has a lot going for him. And he has next to no cons (if everything means next to none to you.) 0.1%
Want: 100% This is the only troll character I would like.

Lanky Kong: 1.11%
Fawful: 2.08%

x5 Competitively Overpowered Character
Edit: apparently flingsmash is not a nintendo game like I saw on a video review so my new score will be 0% in both.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Zip: I nominated him so I should explain some things that he has going for him. He is a Nintendo character. He would be unique. Yup, as you can see, he has a lot going for him. And he has next to no cons (if everything means next to none to you.) 0.1%
Want: 100% This is the only troll character I would like.
Can you provide a source for that? Wikipedia says that it was developed by Artoon, which is a subsidiary of AQ Interactive, which is now defunct.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Crono
Chance: 0.1%
Want: 70%

I liked Chrono Trigger, but it is only one RPG that Squenix has made out of a lot of other choices. A FF rep seems more likely, hell even Spra is more likely. That doesnt mean I wouldnt like to see it. If Squenix does end up getting a rep, it will most likely be a recent character they made for advertisement purposes, or one of their famous creations like Cloud, Sora, maybe even Tiz (doubt it.)

Zip
Chance: 0.0001%

Did some research and found nothing but bad things commenting on Fling Smash. Im pretty sure a criteria for getting in is your game cannot be terrible :laugh:

Seriously though its a pretty obscure addition, and I with many others would question Sakurai's sanity if he were added.

Lanky: 2.1%
Fawful: 6.8%

7 Pokemanz x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Can you provide a source for that? Wikipedia says that it was developed by Artoon, which is a subsidiary of AQ Interactive, which is now defunct.
Oh... Upon further research he is not nintendo. That's to bad. I wasted a lot of noms on him including my 15 extra from the big post-direct event and then I learn that he isn't even nintendo so I don't want him in...

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Second day in a row I'm giving double zeroes! Thankfully, unlike yesterday, I don't think either of today's are terribly controversial...

Crono - 0%
Protagonist of a flat out amazing game...but it's also a very old game (not counting the re-releases which are themselves fairly old now), a third party game owned by Square Enix of all companies. Considering I gave Slime a 0% yesterday despite being a more plausible pick, I can't say I see Crono faring any better.
Want - 90% - I would be very happy to be wrong here.

Zip - 0%
As the name didn't ring any bells, I googled "Zip Nintendo" to try to find some information. The only character to appear on the first page of results was a minor Paper Mario character, and it turns out that character isn't even the one we're rating today. That's really, really bad.
Want - 0% - No thank you.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Oh... Upon further research he is not nintendo. That's to bad. I wasted a lot of noms on him including my 15 extra from the big post-direct event and then I learn that he isn't even nintendo so I don't want him in...
My condolences. Well, you have changed my rating--I thought he was a "Wonder Red" type and not a "Professor Layton" type, so I was going to give him a low but existent rating. Now he'll be a zero.

Going to have to not join in the ratings for a few weeks Groose, I'm off on my honeymoon!

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Chrono

Chance - 0% - Getting in over any Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest character would be a miracle. Considering the last game wasn't released in decades...

Want - 50% - Indifferent.

Zip

Chance - 0% - Wow, a character from a defunct third party. He's not even possible.

Want - 0% - He can barely even do anything...

Predictions

Lankey Kong - 1.85% - Shouldn't be getting more than Cranky, at least.

Fawful - 2.56 - Drop like brick that does not fly.

Nominations
Fountain of Dreams X5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
My condolences. Well, you have changed my rating--I thought he was a "Wonder Red" type and not a "Professor Layton" type, so I was going to give him a low but existent rating. Now he'll be a zero.

On top of being a professor layton type of character, the company he was done by is apparently now out of business.

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet
Zip Chance: 0%
Zip Want: 0%

An unknown character from an unknown poor game made by a now defunct third-party company. There's not much else I can really say, other than... why?

Crono Chance: 2%
Crono Want: 100%

Even though he is far from likely, Crono is my most wanted newcomer for Smash. Even though I do agree that Lucca would be a much more interesting character to play as, Crono is the main character of the game, so he'd get in before Lucca would. Chrono Trigger is my favorite game of all time, so I may be a bit biased, but I think that Crono could have a very unique moveset as opposed to being a generic sword character through the use of his techs and other abilities. His game is legendary and well known, but the game is old and hasn't had a reboot or remake since the DS. As far some people saying he's not "iconic", isn't that phrase a bit subjective? People enjoy different genres/series of games, so they recognize certain characters. I realize that, Slime, for example, can be considered iconic for some, but others simply won't recognize the character or his history, and the same goes for Crono. Overall, I would love to see Crono in, but he's a third party from an old game, so I'm not exactly getting my hopes up.

Almost forgot Predictions and Noms

Predictions:
Lanky Kong: 3.4%
Fawful: 6.2%

Nominations: Viewtiful Joe x5

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Zip:
Chance: 0% - He's 3rd party, and a dead company at that there is no reason for marketing value to include him. Besides, the only companies plausible for third parties in my mind are Sega, Konami, Namco, Level - 5, and Capcom, and that would only be because certain characters within those companies have very strong ties with Nintendo. His game according to Pacack apparently received a 6/10 which isn't high enough to warrant a 3rd party character from one game. Zip doesn't have the history. Pacman, Prof. Layton, Crono, and Snake would all be prioritized before him. Zip probably wasn't even considered.
Want: 0% - I have no connection to him

Crono
Chance: 15% - I think he would be the front runner for a Square Enix rep, but I really don't think they will be getting one. Crono is really famous on the SNES and he'd be the best choice for a retro rep if he was 1st or 2nd party, but he isn't. Heck if he was 2nd party he'd probably be chosen over Marth in melee.
Want: 95% - While I haven't beaten his game, I've played quite a bit of it and I really do like it. He's in the top 10 for sure maybe top 5 of most wanted.

Predictions:
Lanky Kong: 5%
Fawful: 7%

Nominations:
Mr. Dream Boss x 5

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Zip:
Chance: 1% - Because his game isn't popular at all, and no one really knows who he is. I had to do a google search to figure it out.
Want: 0% - I have no connection to him
Zip is the protagonist of FlingSmash; a game released exclusively for Wii in 2010. It was developed by Artoon, which is a subsidiary of the defunct third party company AQ Interactive. The game was received with mixed reception, getting an average of about 6/10.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Zip is the protagonist of FlingSmash; a game released exclusively for Wii in 2010. It was developed by Artoon, which is a subsidiary of the defunct third party company AQ Interactive. The game was received with mixed reception, getting an average of about 6/10.
Ok, gotcha. I knew he was from Fling Smash but I didn't know it was developed by third party. I'll edit my reasoning then. Thanks.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Chrono - 0%
he was the protagonist from one game, an lengendary game but only one, and its in the past, if squenix gets an rep it'll be an much more recent character that can be used to advertise, that is even assuming Nintendo is going to try to negoticate using one of their characters.
want - 0%
i'll pass
Zip - 0%
I couldn't find anything about him on the web, i'm just going off whats been said around here and apparently he's third party, he's from an franchise that has a defunct company, he had an one time game which not very many people know about, and it wasn't even rated good,
how does he have any chance?
want - 0%
i'll most certainly pass
Lanky - 6.38%
another one of those days eh?
fawful - 7.19%
. . . I have no clue
nominations
Mr. ResettiX5

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Crono Chance: 3%
Too many competitions. One-game series.
2 lazy 2 type.

Crono Want: 50%
Cool.

Zip Chance: 0.1%
He's stupid.

He's stupid.

Lanky Kong Prediction: 5%
Eh.

Fawfulcopter Prediction: 5%
He's nice.
I like him.

Omnomnominations: X5 Ressetti.

Groose

Smash Champion
Aran Ryan x5
My second-favorite Punch-Out enemy... just so you know, I already have the picture for his day picked out.
And keep in mind the "defunct" part. That means the company is no more, basically.
The developers from Artoon have all joined a new company known as Arzest; they made Yoshi's New Island. I believe their old IPs are in limbo; I don't think any internet journalist cared enough to write an article... I did ten minutes of searching and couldn't pull anything up.

Crono: 0%
Crono is from a neglected (yet critically acclaimed) franchise owned by a company who has so many other popular series. There is pretty much no chance that they would select him over someone more promotable, such as a character from Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and Dragon Quest. Oh, and there's always Geno, too.

Crono Want: 100%
This is yet another instance of a game that I just haven't had the chance to try with a character that I would be thrilled by. Crono is someone who would probably make many dreams come true were he put in the game; he'd be an amazing surprise.

A virtually unknown game that isn't even owned by Nintendo, but rather a defunct company that probably places the IP in limbo? This is on Yarne/Owain Team and Lupus level of impossible.

No attraction to the character's design, and I don't think he justifies all of the hoops that Sakurai would have to go through. At all.

Nominate: Double Trouble--Ridley and Rool

How likely is it that our number one and three on the want chart both get in?
How thrilled would it make us?
That's what this concept seeks to find out.

DAY OVER

...THIS DAY IS CLASSIFIED BY AN UNUSUAL AMOUNT OF AGREEMENT...

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I missed my time to make a joke about how Crono isn't Kidd Zeal? :laugh:
Shucks.

Though Crono would still be cool, just saying.

Also, Groose, that double image seems like the best film Michael Bay never directed.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Crono
1.09% chance
35.86% want

Crono is very much a character in decline; he is faltering as many other mascots are rising. He has very little chance, and his fanbase here is small; I can only imagine it decreasing in the future. Looks like he really can't transcend time, eh? #GrooseStillGotIt #CornyJokeMonday #It'sOKToLaughIt'sFunny

Zip
0.01% chance
8.78% want

I have an important thing to note here--I did leave out all of the chance scores that mentioned or implied that Zip was owned by Nintendo (except 0s, but I figured they wouldn't increase with the news). The fault is mine for not doing proper research in order to properly introduce the character. Zip goes down as our second least likely character, but know that there was some confusion on his day.

Today we're rating things more interesting, I promise! First up, we have... oh dear. He has no style, he has no grace--this Kong has a funny face! He can handstand if he needs to, and stretch his arms out, just for you. No, we're not talking about Diddy, but rather Lanky. In addition, in the last moments of the finale of the finale, when relief leads to negligence that begets rashness... That is when the comeback that faltered comes back and beats your pathetic comeback that I scoff at! Erm... yeah. Fawful. Please do the rating of Lanky Kong and his lordship Fawful in the chance and the wants! Tomorrow is Jill from Drill Dozer and Captain Toad of the Mario franchise; set your predictions down!

I missed my time to make a joke about how Crono isn't Kidd Zeal? :laugh:
Shucks.

Though Crono would still be cool, just saying.

Also, Groose, that double image seems like the best film Michael Bay never directed.
Pretty sure Angelglory here on Smashboards made it. It's one of my favorite images to come from these boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom