• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Lanky
chance 5% want 5%
Most likely not going to happen as anything but trophy, he's well below 5 other DK characters and as an assist i'd sooner expect Rambi.

Fawful
chance 10% want 66.66%
He is popular, and is the most recurring RPG villain. Regardless of how lower or higher he is than competition a second Mario newcomer seems incredibly unlikely he's a better fit as an assist at this point.

x5 Barbara

Predict .95% and 1.48%

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Lanky Kong:

Chance: 0%
I'm positive that we'll get King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, and Cranky before he would even get considered.

Want: 0%
No.

Fawful:

Chance: 4%
Possible, but incredibly unlikely.

Want: 25%
He's interesting, but the best part about him was his dialogue. Same reason I don't really want Hades.

Predictions:
Jill: 7.45%
Captain Toad: 4.87%

Nominations: Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man x5

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lanky Kong:

Chance: 1%.
He is a character who is more or less shelved in recent years, and he isn't quite important or prominent for a revival. Plus, Diddy Kong seems to be more or less taking some his unique abilities away (as some of his melee moves involve him stretching his arms).

Want: 0%.
He has no style, he has no grace, and also has no appeal to me. Next!

Fawful:

Chance: 5%. While he does have a bit of prominence through the Mario & Luigi subseries, Mario RPGs have historically been pretty much completely ignored in Smash Bros. I would be surprised, given this fact, if he was to even get an Assist Trophy this time. Plus, Mario probably won't get another character, and there are quite a few characters that would out-prioritize him (though as we've already seen, that might not matter).

Want: 10%.
I've had next to no experience with Mario & Luigi, so I don't really care to see him. I would prefer to see a Paper Mario villain, specifically Dimentio (even though Fawful would fit in much better).

Sorry, Mega Bidoof.

--- Predictions:

Jill (From Drill Dozer, not Resident Evil, unfortunately) : 3.50%.
Captain Toad: 4.21%.

--- Nominations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqHtI2pbqVs
Aran Ryan x5

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Lanky Kong
Chance: 1% - Well he should at least have a one right? Has a better chance than Zip.
Want: 60% - I would prefer him compared to Dixie or Cranky

Fawful
Chance: 8% - 6 Mario characters without Bowser Jr. would be kind of strange to me.
Want: 75% - He's way too funny, I really like this guy. I remember him from Partners in Time, pretty fun game.

Predictions:
Jill 15%- She will be given a decent score because she's in the same boat as Isaac, a GBA IP who wasn't killed in the direct.
Captain Toad: 6% - I think since regular Toad won't happen, the Toad fans will bump up his score, but the sane people will keep it down..

Nominations:
Mr. Dream Boss x 4
Charlie (Mario Golf) x 1

Last edited:

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Lanky
Chance:0% It's obvious
Want:50% He'd have a cool move set. Balloon float thing would be his recovery.

Fawful
Chance:0%
Want:10% I want to see him use his mechanical jaw arm.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Not a lot of excitement today.

Lanky Kong

Minor/obscure Kong is minor/obscure.

Lanky chances: 0%
Lanky want: 0%
No thanks. K Rool, Dixie, or bust.

Fawful

Mario & Luigi has gotten surprisingly little content, considering how long it's been around and so forth. But if we get a 6th Mario rep, it's almost certainly going to be Bowser Jr, imo.

Fawful chances: 1%
Fawful want: 52%
He'd be alright.

Predictions:
Jill - 5%
Captain Toad - 3%

Nominations
5x Bowser Land

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
@Mega Bidoof aren't you going to rate?

Going to rerate Mii because of this recent leak:
Huh, that's funny.
I was just thinking to myself today about how there had never been a picture leak of a Mii. Debunked or not. Thought it might be because of choosing the face, but I thought it would be interesting to see a fake one pop up.
Weird. Here's a fake Mii leak.
Well, wasn't expecting that.
jk i made the leak

Captain Toad: 3%
O-oh darn. I had a whole mega post prepared for the Captain, but the secret to great tragedy, like comedy(or both in this case) is timing.

DAMMIT.
Sorry Captain, I have failed you. Hopefully some of the other Toad Brigade at least show some want.

Nominations
x5 NFC Smash Trophies
Also genuinely interested in reading about this one when I get back.

Okay, I'm off on my honeymoon with the missus for realzies now.

Laters!
If it's not too late and you still have access to the large post abut Captain Toad, I've seen Groose allow people to submit ratings ahead of time when people can't be here on the day of the character. So if you still have what the post is saved on, you could send it to him and he'd probably allow that. But if that's not the case, then we'll see you when you come back, have fun!

Nomz:
Ooccoo and Oocoo Jr. x5
YES. I WILL RATE THIS WITH YOU. :o

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Lanky
Chance: 0.1%, very unlikely
Want: 100%, One of my favorite video game characters and most wanted newcomers. He'd have a great moveset. He could toss orange grenades, use his grape blow-dart, and inflate himself back to stage. Stretchiness and odd figure could lend to bizarre and unique melee. Also, I really would like to see him make a comeback after being snubbed in Tropical Freeze.

Fawful

Chance: 1%, pretty unlikely, due to more popular contenders competing for a sixth spot that may not even exist
Want: 30%
He is amusing, but I don't have much desire to fight as him.

Nomz:
Ooccoo and Oocoo Jr. x5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Lanky
Chance: 0.4%
Want: 10%

Stretchiness has been taken by Diddy, hes not too important to the series. Overcoming K Rool, Dixie and Cranky is a bit too much. No thanks. He was cool in DK64, but that is where he should stay.

Fawful
Chance: 1%
Want: 25%

Too much competition from better picks, and the roster for Mario may be complete. Dont know too much about him, but he does not have a great chance.

Jill Dozer: 6.3%
Captain Toad: 2.3%

7 Pokemanz x10

Last edited:

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Lanky Kong:
Chance: 0%

Making Lanky a character seems like such a waste of development time, especially if he gets in over K. Rool or ANY other nintendo character.

Fawful

Want: 10%

He seems like an okay character. I would much rather have paper mario or bowser jr as a Mario character though.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Lanky Kong
Chance: 2% Just because we are going to get at least one other DK rep. But she is not going to get a shot before King K Rool, Dixie, Cranky or even Rambi.
Want: 60% She was one of my favorite playable characters in DK64.

Fawful
Chance: 50% The only RPG character that makes sense to me. And probably the most or the second most likely 6th Mario rep at this point. Well, Waluigi would be the true rep of sports series, but now we know that he's an AT, Daisy only appeared in only one game of main series, Kamek would be an Yoshi rep, and we are not going to see all the Koopalings. Bowser Jr, that was cut from the MK8 roster and Paper Mario, that would make more sense than add Yarn Kirby or Yoshi, are the only ones that can take his shot.
Want: 60% Would be unique, and I like it.

D

Deleted member

Lanky

Chance: 1% - Strechiness taken by Diddy & K Rool, Dixie, Cranky, & even Funky Kong would get in before him.

Want: 0% - No thanks

Fawful

Chance: 1% - Too much stiff competition for the next Mario newcomer & Bowser Jr. would probably be the next pick before Fawful...doesn't help that he hasn't appeared outside the RPG games & the latest M&L game.

Want: 10% - Meh.

Nomination: Mallo x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I hate it when people say that Bowser Jr. is not likely because he wasn't in Mario Kart 8. We already know that the recent Mario Kart rosters are ********. If we go by that logic, then Pink-Gold Peach, Metal Mario, and Honey Queen would have a chance. Oh, and Diddy wasn't in 7 or 8 ether! Oh, no!

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Lanky Kong:
Chance: 0% Diddy is stretchy now, what can this guy offer?
Want: 0% I haven't played much DKC (I got in at DKC Returns)

Fawful has fury!
...at being rated so low.
Chance: 1% He's from the RPGs but those don't get much love
Want: 80% He was funny, but I feel like he could just be a joke character

Predictions:
Jill: 8.9% She's a dead series with only one game.
Captain Toad: 5.4% Mario has 5 unique reps, with a bunch of competition for a possibly non-existent 6th slot.

Nominations:
Doctor Lobe x5 (I know he doesn't have much chance, but we should still rate him, just in case)

Groose

Smash Champion
x2 Ooccoo and Ooccoo Jr (Where they're from? Just guess... hehehhe...)
This game. The game that got me back into the Zelda franchise.
P.S. @ Groose Groose I think you forgot to add my noms from day 226. I can't blame you, after I wrote that rant and all:awesome:
What were they? I'll be glad to add them in.
@ Groose Groose - Warrior of Light is the one from Final Fantasy I, and the representative of the Light side of that game in Dissidia Final Fantasy (I am referring to the one with heavy armor, a shield, and horns on his helmet)
Understood. The whole "light" concept is bandied about so much that it was difficult for me to pick one of them and run with it. Reminds me of the whole "Dark Lord" cliche.
Chrom was never on the Want chart.

Actually, Chrom used to be in the Top Ten--he was there for exactly 100 Days. When we rated him in July on Day 25, he has a 57% want score; it wasn't until he was rerated in January on Day 125 that he fell out of the Top Ten. He has been out of it for a solid four months now, however, while Robin and Anna have bounced in and out.
I know the results of this game too well..

Lanky Kong: 0%
He's got no style. He's got no grace. Oh, and he doesn't have a chance, either. Dixie and K. Rool are both highly requested, more recurring, and more relevant than him. Cranky Kong and Funky Kong have also been pushed much more by the Big N. Oh, and Lanky's signature moves have already been stolen by Diddy for this game, and Dixie is pretty much guaranteed to beat him out if they need a Diddy clone.

Lanky Kong Want: 0%
I love Lanky. He's so uncharismatic that it's hilarious. Even so, I never had any desire to play as him in Smash; furthermore, it would basically be a big "screw you" to all of the people requesting K. Rool, Dixie, and even Cranky, and I'd prefer to avoid that drama.

Fawful Chance: 1%

If we see someone else from the Mario Franchise, I'd expect them to come from one of the main games instead of the spin-offs; Fawful just doesn't have that recognizability that those in the mainstream do. Also, I'm against the notion that Sakurai seeks to "represent" stuff in this way; to clarify, I don't think he'll take a Mario RPG character just to represent the RPGs, just like he didn't take Waluigi to represent the sports. All in all, he does stand out, but I doubt it'll be anywhere near enough.

Fawful Want: 100%
Sounds great to me! I love the Mario RPGs, and I think Bowser's Inside Story is the best of them all; Fawful is a big reason for that. When it boils down, Fawful is a character I like who is distinctive from the rest of the cast; I'd main him.

x5 Ridley and Rool

Don't know why, but I felt like bringing this back for today.
#ThrowBackWhateverDayItIs​

Groose

Smash Champion
Lanky Kong
0.71% chance
14.14% want

...deflate his chances, just like a balloon! This crazy kong, just fails at this game!

Fawful
4.40% chance (was 3.06%)
38.54% want (was 34.52%)

Want increase? Chance increase? Fawful has chortles! His scores are rising like an elevator! Soon he will be doing the sprinkling of the mustard of doom on the Smashers that reek of loser-itis. Aheeewheeeewheeeeew!

Today we're talking about the Captain. No, not Falcon. No, not Olimar. No, not Rainbow. No, not N. No, not Dorf. No, not Crunch. Look, you get the picture, right? Right? TOAD! Also, we're going to be discussing Jill from Drill Dozer. She was an AT in Brawl and survived the massacre, but hasn't done much lately; can this Game Freak creation make the cut? Please rate Captain Toad and Jill. Tomorrow we're heading back to third-party land to discuss Spyro. Oh, and I accidentally reset. I think Resetti will be here, too. You can predict how they'll do.

Note: I think I'll wait until early Thursday evening to end this day; Smashboards maintenance will disrupt things, methinks.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nominations post has been updated.

Not rating tonight, tired.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Captain Toad :
Chance: 8% - If regular Toad isn't getting in, I don't see Captain Toad getting in either.
Want: 0% - I always found the idea of Toad being playable to be dumb, I don't know what he could do, and he seems weak anyway.

Jill:
Chance: 15% - I think that since she didn't get named as an AT she has a fighting chance. Plus I could see her getting another game since the first seemed popular enough (I've never played it)
Want: 40% - I don't have a connection with her. But, she would add something different which I am fine with.

Predictions:
Spyro: 1%
Resetti: 7%

Nominations:
Mr. Dream Boss x 4
Charlie (Mario Golf) x 1

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Captain Toad

Chance: 10%

Captain Toad seems like a random character to add to Smash Bros., but you never know.

Want: 50%

I'm indifferent.

Jill

Chance: 10%

See my opinion on Cpt. Toad.

Want:

70%

She would have a unique and fun playstyle.

Predictions

Spyro: 0.1% (Sorry. I've played every main non-Skylanders Spyro installment (by "main," I mean the console games + Shadow Legacy for DS), and I'm a big fan of the purple dragon, but he's already doomed. I could be 100% wrong, though.)
Resetti: 10%

D

Deleted member

Captain Toad and Jill Dozer have been added to the Directory.

Captain Toad

I am going to rate Captain Toad as if I am rating Toad. And... he is on life support.
The Pic of the Day before the December Direct, the fact that Toad is still Peach's neutral special, the fact that Rosalina got in over Mario characters...
Things aren't looking well for the poor shroom. It's pretty obvious to me that Sakurai isn't going to add Toad in this installment in Smash. Still, with overall importance Toad has to the Mario series and the popularity that Toad has (whether he is famous or infamous depending on the person), I can perhaps see that someone will pull for Toad.
I am going to keep the refresh moves quote in mind. I can see Sakurai go out of left field and perhaps change Peach's neutral special in the future.
Want: 100%
I love the passion that the Toad supporters have for him. I'm not the biggest fan of Toad, but he is an incredibly important Mario character that warrants a Smash inclusion. Bowser Jr. may be my number 5, but I will gladly take any form of Toad for a sixth Mario rep.

Jill
Chance:
1%

She survived the Direct massacre. However, her series hasn't been revisited in quite some time. Knowing Game Freak, I bet that they would want to push more on Pokemon rather than Drill Dozer (heck, they're mainly making Pokemon games nowadays with some rare exceptions).
I doubt that Sakurai or Game Freak will push for her inclusion, especially when the fans aren't pulling for her like they have with Little Mac, Isaac, and Ray.
She survived the massacre... but I think that she will eventually be shown off as an Assist Trophy.
No thank you.

Spyro Prediction: 1.65%
A 3rd party character who is more synonymous with Sony. I expect that he will do better on the merits of Skylanders and such, but I expect a lot of comments that will mention his ties to Sony or that he should have been in Battle Royale and not be in Smash. Also, he's not the purple dragon that many people on this board want.
Mr. Resetti Prediction: .89%
Looks like the mole is impatient as he wants to be rated now with Spyro instead of Captain Toad and Jill! I expect him to do poorly. With the demise of Tom Nook, it's pretty apparent that Villager will probably be our only Animal Crossing character in this installment.

Nominations: "X" Protagonist 5x

2. [collapse=Fawful] He also died in Superstar Saga, but I guess that death was more ambiguous. I do think they'll resurrect him somewhere down the line; he is pretty popular.[/collapse]
I can see them return to Fawful in a future installment for sure. However, if he doesn't return in any shape or form in the next Mario & Luigi... he's probably done.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Captain Toad and Jill have been added to the Directory.

Captain Toad

I am going to rate Captain Toad as if I am rating Toad. And... he is on life support.
The Pic of the Day before the December Direct, the fact that Toad is still Peach's neutral special, the fact that Rosalina got in over Mario characters...
Things aren't looking well for the poor shroom. It's pretty obvious to me that Sakurai isn't going to add Toad in this installment in Smash. Still, with overall importance Toad has to the Mario series and the popularity that Toad has (whether he is famous or infamous depending on the person), I can perhaps see that someone will pull for Toad.
I am going to keep the refresh moves quote in mind. I can see Sakurai go out of left field and perhaps change Peach's neutral special in the future.
I love the passion that the Toad supporters have for him. I'm not the biggest fan of Toad, but he is an incredibly important Mario character that warrants a Smash inclusion. Bowser Jr. may be my number 5, but I will gladly take any form of Toad for a sixth Mario rep.

Jill
Chance:
1%

She survived the Direct massacre. However, her series hasn't been revisited in quite some time. Knowing Game Freak, I bet that they would want to push more on Pokemon rather than Drill Dozer (heck, they're mainly making Pokemon games nowadays with some rare exceptions).
I doubt that Sakurai or Game Freak will push for her inclusion, especially when the fans aren't pulling for her like they have with Little Mac, Isaac, and Ray.
She survived the massacre... but I think that she will eventually will be shown off.
No thank you.

Spyro Prediction: 1.65%
A 3rd party character who is more synonymous with Sony. I expect that he will do better on the merits of Skylanders and such, but I expect a lot of comments that will mention his ties to Sony or that he should have been in Battle Royale and not be in Smash. Also, he's not the purple dragon that many people on this board want.
Mr. Resetti Prediction: .89%
Looks like the mole is impatient as he wants to be rated now with Spyro instead of Captain Toad and Jill! I expect him to do poorly. With the demise of Tom Nook, it's pretty apparent that Villager will probably be our only Animal Crossing character in this installment.

Nominations: "X" Protagonist 5x

I can see them return to Fawful in a future installment for sure. However, if he doesn't return in any shape or form in the next Mario & Luigi... he's probably done.

Wait even if he did die in Super Star Saga, wasn't he in Partners in Time alive and well?

andimidna

Smash Master
Jill:
I think she has a legitimate shot. She's somewhat well-liked, but she's pretty obscure.
Her moveset could be made interesting but there would be limits to her fighting style because she's on a drill dozer the whole time.
Let's see her games reception:
Drill Dozer was nominated as GBA Game of the Year by Nintendo Power, as well as Overall Game of the Year, and Best New Character (Jill) and Best Platformer throughout all systems for 2006.[9] Of these, it won GBA Game of the Year as "NP's Pick".[10] It was also runner-up for GameSpot's Game Boy Advance Game of the Year.[11]
Sounds good. Doesn't mean much though. But she's definitely in a better situation than Zip, that's for sure.
I can't tell if she has multiple games, but Drill Dozer eventually sold world-wide, so that's helpful.
Hmm... I can't think of much more to put here other than my score.
Chance: 8.5%
I'm going to go on the high end of the rates this time, I am considering her as a possibility.
But I can't find a reason to give her over 10%
So went slightly below a 9%
Want: 79%
No real attachment, but I'm interested in what I am seeing, and I'll admit I'd like to see more of Jill and Drill Dozer. I'm interested, but not attached.

Captain Toad:
Well, I don't think this is happening. He wasn't more prominent than [Blue] Toad in 3d World, Captain Toad, I believe, had about 6 levels.
And he also wasn't a big deal in the Galaxy games, unlike Rosalina. He made appearances on certain levels and gave you a couple stars, and I think he came back to the Observatory and Starship Mario to talk to you, but that's really not much. I think his prominence is comparable to Honey Queen's. And there isn't moveset material, unlike Toad, which there is. Him before Toad... just doesn't make sense. (back to 3d world) This isn't too much of a problem, but the guy can't even jump. He was a puzzle game character, but what makes him so much less unique than other puzzle game characters is that he acts basically as just a block with feet to represent your movement. He didn't hit anything, he was unable to jump, he walked, fell, and took hits. Now, any character can get a moveset made from scratch, but would be much more noticeable than a non-fighter. He's less than a non-fighter.
But, on his side, there is a possibility his mini-game could turn into something like his own e-shop game. Which would make him marketable, or able to be used for promotion, but it's more of just an idea that came up after it was requested when fans played his mini-games after the release of 3d world. Now, when we get information, such as new remakes, I don't count it out as being too new unless I know when the idea started, and I never do because that's not generally something we here from developers, however, making a full game of just Captain Toad levels would have had to be something decided after the release of 3d world a while after his levels became popular, and until I see the game (which I would definitely get), it doesn't sound like a priority to promote through a playable character in Smash Bros. So I'm a bit pessimistic with this one. I think regular Toad has at least 3x a better chance than the Captain.
Chance: 0.7%
And do I like him?
Well, I loved his levels. And I love 3d world, and want it represented.
But I can't say I love the idea of this. I'd honestly prefer Plessie as a complete troll character than this. (Don't tell me you don't want Lord Plessie, it's impossible)
Want: 20% or so...

Pre:
Spyro: 1.34%
won't do well
ReseT: 1.89%
won't do well either

Nom: (I won for Lanky Kang!)
x2 Ooocoo and Ooccoo Jr
x1 Mallo
x1 Ridley re-rate
x2 Chorus Men re-rate
x4 Bayonetta re-rate

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Captain Toad
Chance 1% - Toad didn't get in much less this Toad with a hat on.
Want 0% - what would he do anyway? dazzle enemies with his headlamp? ...right.

-Jill
Chance 0% - not relevant/interesting/etc enough. She's lucky if she's still an AT.
Want 0% - I don't even want her as an AT.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
But she's definitely in a better situation than Zip, that's for sure.
Doesn't mean much when literally every character we've rated is in a better situation than Zip.

Jill
Chance - 1%
If we had kept getting games or mention of this series, maybe. But as it is, the only thing that helps her is being Nintendo.
Also, I'm not even sure she'll still be an Assist Trophy seeing how there's a new item (Drill Arm from Kid Icarus) that probably does exactly the same thing she did. Kind of like how some people see Lip as disconfirmed because of her item being confirmed.

Want - 0%
Too much of a small fry to belong in this game

Captain Toad
Chance - 1%
They're turning their back on Toad as it is, there's no reason why a much more minor and inconsequential incarnation of the character should make it instead. I respect the support Toad supporters show to their character, but Captain Toad is a cop-out and Toad himself has a higher chance. Heck, even Toadsworth or "Blue" Toad.

Want - 0%
I'm ok with Toad, but not with Captain Toad. I think it'd be insultingly stupid if we got this instead of just Toad.

Predictions
Spyro: 0.8%
I guess I'm ok discussing Skylanders right before we consider how Nintendo might be trying that same stunt.
Resetti: 5.3%
I never understood this one either.

Nominations
x5 NFC Smash Trophies ... just to be sure it is rated next

Got Greninja'd by the French. Sigh.
x5 Smash TV/Spectator Mode

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Doesn't mean much when literally every character we've rated is in a better situation than Zip.
*cough*lupusyarne&owainsandbag*cough*
Well, then it's a good thing it wasn't one of my main points, or really a point at all. Just a side-note... and it does show that Nintendo seems to actually care about the game and the character, and it's reception was better. I still don't think she's likely, but I'd put her in the Top... 75.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Jill Dozer
Chance: 2%
One game (Which admittedly did fairly well) and did appear as an Assist trophy, which is probably where she will stay. Not quite old enough to be retro, not quite new enough to be relevant, no continuation of her series in sight... I don't really see anything going for her.

Want: 50%
She's adorable! Look at that face! Wouldn't you love to be beaten to death by a character with that face?

Captain Toad
Chance: 13%
I was actually very surprised when I put down all the facts for him that, while I definitely don't think he's likely, he's not impossible either. He's only been in 3 main series Mario games and only barely playable in one, sure... but so was Rosalina. And like her, I think he's going to become a recurring character. (Albeit a supporting one) He hasn't appeared in spin offs admittedly, but Toads as a species have been, and this would be an easy way of differentiating the Toads Peach uses to a playable Toad. I always thought Toad was the most likely candidate for the 5th Mario spot, he's one of the highest recurring characters, he's been playable in both main games and spinoffs, he even had his own game! And if they were still to include Toad in this installment, I think this is how they would do it.

Want: 60%
Now that I've researched and thought about it, I kinda want this to happen. I like Toad, and I like his fans, and I like Captain Toad and his cowardly, lazy, naive ways. I'd love to see how Sakurai could make that into a moveset.

Spyro Predictions: .3%
Not a chance. Ever.

Mr. Resetti: 3%
Would have been Tom Nook if we got a 2nd, but he's a Final Smash.

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Jill: 1%

Captain Toad: 1% At least he isn't deconfirmed.
Want: 0% I never saw why anyone would want toad in. He is so boaring.

Spyro: 1.34%
Mr. Resetti: 4.87%

x5 Competitively Overpowered Character
@ Groose Groose the title is wrong...

D

Deleted member

Jill

Chance: 1% - She may have survivied the Direct massacre but I see her missing out as an assist trophy (One of the Kid Icarus Uprising weapons may possibly fuction similar to her Assist Trophy in Brawl but that has yet to be seen) & I doubt Game Freak will be pushing for Drill Dozer again in the future. She'll probaby get a trophy reference at best.

Want: 0% - No thanks

Captain Toad

Chance: 1% - IMO at this point, its either Bowser Jr. or possibly Paper Mario for Mario newcomer or bust.

Want: 0% - Would rather have Toadsworth or a regular Toad

Nomination: Mallo x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Jill - 2%

Really don't think being a part of the massacre means much for her, though that's pretty much the only thing she has going for her at all anyway. She is incredibly obscure, being from only one game on the GBA.

Want - 55%

I honestly think she could be interesting, though I'm not entirely sure how. I don't want her enough to where I'll be upset if she doesn't get in. (which I fully doubt she will)

Captain Toad - 1%

I can't really see any Toad happening at this point. If anything, we may get Bowser Jr. or, far less likely, Dr. Mario, if only because they are both easy clones, though Bowser Jr. less so since with his size and build, some of Bowser's moves would just look weird if Bowser Jr. tried to copy them IMO.

Want - 40%

Meh. Would prefer a normal-looking Toad, whom I've began to lose a bit of interest in myself.

Spyro Prediction - 0.88%

Not nearly as famous or wanted as Pac-man and Snake.

Mr. Resetti Prediction - 2.17%

I'm expecting a little bit of generosity, but he'll most likely be an Assist Trophy again, if anything.

Plusle/Minun x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Actually, Chrom used to be in the Top Ten--he was there for exactly 100 Days. When we rated him in July on Day 25, he has a 57% want score; it wasn't until he was rerated in January on Day 125 that he fell out of the Top Ten. He has been out of it for a solid four months now, however, while Robin and Anna have bounced in and out.
I know the results of this game too well..
Ah, I remember that. I started making my charts quite late in the game though, so Chrom never got a chance to be on there. Poor guy.

I'll post my ratings later.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Jill:
Chance - 4% I'm gonna be generous because she survived alongside Tingle, Isaac, Barbara and others.
Want: 100% - Since I first played Brawl, I remembered her on my GBA. Let's bring her back. Drill Dozer 3D - Make it happen Nintendo!

Captain Fal-Toad:
Chance: 0.000001% - It's normal Toad or nothing.
Want: 2% - I guess he'd be better than no Toad.

Spyro: 1.24% - Beloved character but not really Legendary amongst Nintendo players, same as Crash Bandicoot.

Resetti: 2.35%

"Now, hold on just a second! I work day in and day out in game after game of Animal Crossing, and all I get to do is pop out of some black-and-green crystal? Now, lemme tell ya kid, life ain't fair. Ya gotta play by the rules, and Resetting ain't on of them. Sooner you accept that, sooner we can get back to the Surveillence Center. What I wouldn't give to be one of them Smash brothers, believe you me. But that's life!

I have to go between games and consoles..... only one real Mr. Resetti.... and I don't even get a chance to fight.... Thanks, Nintendo.

Now, what was I sayin?
Oh yeah, ya can't ve doin' none of that Resettin' nonsense. Life ain't fair, and them's the rules.

Now SCRAM!"

Resetti OUT! Return of Keybladeguy

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Oh, we're rating Jill? What an ideal time for me to stop chain-lurking.

But I'll start with Captain Toad, first.

Captain Toad: 5%
This is being generous. The only thing that could possibly take away my doubt is if Bandanna Dee was confirmed as playable. Because, as it stands, species rep = deconfirmed.

Want: 6%
I love Toad. I love that they made him playable in a game that doesn't stink of rehashed NSMB concepts. And I love that the Captain had a neat playable mode in 3D World. I would love to see that little puzzle game grow into something big. But when it comes to Smash, I would love it if Sakurai confirmed Wario, revealed K. Rool, and then left the Mario universe alone for a little while.

Okay, on to the Dozer...

Jill: 5%
Game Freak isn't going to revisit a barely successful not-franchise when they have more Pokemon to milk (don't get me wrong. I love Pokemon to bits and pieces. But we all know it's true). Jill had one game that not a whole lot of people know about. Granted, that's not the game's fault, so much as the decision to make a game for a dying/dead system's fault, but the fact still remains that Drill Dozer isn't much of a hype-builder.

In case those of you who know me remember, I have been all for Jill as long as I've been on this site. Sure, my interests have taken a slightly more realistic turn since then, but I still love me some Drill Dozer. It's a gem of a game, and the same can be said about the main character. To be able to play as Jill in glorious HD would be...glorious.

At the very least, I'd like to see a stage. Maybe a remix of the Third Gear theme. I digress.

I'm not good at predictions, so I'll just try to be back here tomorrow for Spyro/Resetti Day. It's the least I could do after missing the opportunity to rep muh Chibi.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Captain Toad Chance: 0.5% This has crossed the line in terms of Toad playable. Unless he gets some sort of spin-off, he's not viable to be considered for a character in Smash.

Captain Toad Want: 1% Just give me the one and only Toad, not the one you met in the Toad starship.

Jill Dozer Chance: 10% Pretty good chance IMO, being part of Game Freak shouldn't really stop her inclusion in Smash if they added her as an AT in Brawl.

x5 Ayumi Tachibana.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Jill's chances: 0.5% - She's only had one game. It's been quite a while since said game was released, yet she's not even close to retro status. She's probably just going to return as an Assist.
Want: 50% - Indifferent. I bought Drill Dozer last year and it's a good game, but it didn't quite convince me that she would make for a great fighter. I at least hope she's an AT again though.

Captain Toad's chances: 0.5% - I don't think we're getting any playable Toad at this point.
Want: 20% - I'd rather have regular Toad, and I'd rather have Bowser Jr. over that.

Spyro prediction: 1.56%
Mr. Resetti prediction: 0.48%

Mallo x10. I think he'd be a more interesting rate than Peppy, so I'll go with him first.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Captain Toad
Chance: 2% - Toad is still the most iconic Mario character not to be playable and if he somehow still has a chance, maybe this is the the route they are going to take. It does seem to be his new look in the console main series Mario games
Want: 100% - The Captain Toad levels were one of my favorite parts of 3D World. I'd love to see him in.

Jill
Chance: 1 - Drill Dozer is one of Nintendo's more obscure forgotten games. I find it kind hard to believe she would make it in.
Want: 62% - I lend my support regardless, a drill basedoveset sounds like fun.

Mr. Resetti prediction: 3.3%
Spyro prediction: 0.4%

Nominations: Calling to the Night x5

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Captain Toad -

Chance - 1% DIdn't they say no more mario newcomers?
Want - 50% Hey, why not?

Jill
Chance - 20% Unique, cool, from a Nintendo IP, and a great way to re-release her game on the virtual console. Just too obscure.
Want - 85% All the reasons she has a chance.

Nominations:
Konami/Hudson third party rep X5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom