• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Anna
Chance:
1%

With little to no knowledge on Fire Emblem, I gave her 24% chance. That's a bit too high in my eyes.
She may be a reoccurring character, but that doesn't save her nor help her from being a legitimate competitor. Characters like Rosalina and Bandana Dee are reoccurring characters within their franchises and are pretty recognizable; Anna is reoccurring and isn't as recognizable. One could argue that she is the face of Fire Emblem, but if that was the case, then I bet that she would have gotten in over Marth in Melee.
She is just from a series with too much competition. Characters like Ike, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, and Roy will outcompete her. Unless IS and Sakurai want a shake-up, I doubt that she will get in.
Want: 0%
Fire Emblem madness.

How to beat Fire Emblem Awakening in 5 easy steps!
1. Create male Robin.
2. Recruit Anna.
3. Marry Anna to Robin.
4. Pair Robin with Anna
5. Laugh as common enemy and final boss alike miss while you wail on them. PROFIT!!!
I don't have Awakening yet; I plan on eventually getting it. However, thanks for telling me how to break the game!

Slime
Chance:
4%

I don't think that I can go higher than Layton.
The fact that a Dragon Quest game is being considered to being brought over to the west is a major thing, it is not major in a Smash sense. Slime still has the same amount of demand as he did before, which is kinda little. Looking at the development of SSB4 so far, it seems to be kinda close to completion and everything is going smoothly. Since we are this far in, I doubt that Slime is going to be able to pull a Sonic in this game.
I am giving Slime 4% on the basis of that Dragon Quest is more synonymous with Nintendo than Final Fantasy is and Slime would most likely be our Square Enix rep on those merits. Someone on the development team might pull for Slime.
Want: 80%
Yet while I pretty much decimated Slime, I still want him. I like his design and moveset potential as he could be a lot of fun to play as. I never played a Dragon Quest game, but I would enjoy Slime's inclusion regardless. My third party thinking goes like this:
Sonic > Bomberman > Mega Man > Slime
So yeah, I would like his inclusion.

Crono Prediction: .36%
He doesn't have connections like Slime does nor does he have the popularity that Cloud Strife has. Heck, his series hasn't been seen for years. I expect him to get decimated.
Zip Prediction: .12%
Another "Cole Day?"

@PaulKagebein, let's do this.
Nominations: "X" Protagonist 5x
I'm so freaking hyped for this game. I hope to see more of it at E3!

Wait... Prince Fluff's music selection is... small... I must fix that.
@ Toxicroaker Toxicroaker , here is some music.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet
Anna Chance: 5%
Anna Want: 30%

Anna would bring a more diverse moveset than the typical sword-wielding characters in Fire Emblem, like Chrom, so that somewhat boosts her want for me. However, I don't think that she's really iconic enough to get in. People use the argument that she's a recurring character in Fire Emblem, appearing in nearly every game, but that doesn't really mean much, because she isn't the main focus of the game, like Chrom is. I don't necessarily want Chrom, but I feel as though Anna wouldn't really be a good pick for FE.

Slime Chance: 1.5%
Slime Want: 10%

Dragon Quest does have a long history with Nintendo, so I think that if any Square Enix character does get in, I think that a Dragon Quest character would be decently close to the top. However, I just don't really see Slime in a fighting game like Smash Bros. I love the design of the Slime, but it would just be... odd to see in Smash Bros. To me, it would be like if a Goomba became playable. I just don't really like the idea.

Predictions:

Crono: 2.4%
Zip: 1.2%

Nominations: Porky x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Slime
Chance:
4%

I don't think that I can go higher than Layton.
The fact that a Dragon Quest game is being considered to being brought over to the west is a major thing, it is not major in a Smash sense. Slime still has the same amount of demand as he did before, which is kinda little. Looking at the development of SSB4 so far, it seems to be kinda close to completion and everything is going smoothly. Since we are this far in, I doubt that Slime is going to be able to pull a Sonic in this game.
I am giving Slime 4% on the basis of that Dragon Quest is more synonymous with Nintendo than Final Fantasy is and if we get a Square Enix rep, I think that it will be Slime. Someone might pull for Slime.
Want: 80%
Yet while I pretty much decimated Slime, I still want him. I like his design and moveset potential as he could be a lot of fun to play as. I never played a Dragon Quest game, but I would enjoy Slime's inclusion regardless. My third party thinking goes like this:
Sonic > Bomberman > Mega Man > Slime
So yeah, I would like his inclusion.
I respect your opinion (and am happy to hear your support), but the DQX consideration is the tip of an iceberg of other stuff that hasn't had an official comment made (even when asked, repeatedly, and to be fair it's very Square Enix to refuse to comment on something that's going on), and this has been happening for since atleast autumn lat year... and personally I think the 'consideration' is more completed than they're making out, but I'm making a Snake excuse their so I'll accept that you take them at their word.

Yes, this doesn't neccesarily relate to Smash... but hopefully I'm about to explain why I think is related to smash...

Firstly, a few tracks from Dragon Quest X for you all to enjoy (these are not on the music section as I didn't hadn't played much DQX first time round):

Melody of the Blade (battle theme)
Might of the Being (boss theme)
Visitors from the Underwold

The music in this game is way too good for an MMO...

Now that you have suitable mood music I'm going to go through my Dragon Quest expectations at E3:

Dragon Quest 1&2 iOS western release: 80%, it's not on a console so it could get revealed at any time, but it's also the first two games... while it won't be in Nintendo's hands I expect SE will reveal it around the same time with a very close release date to capitalise on hype.

Dragon Quest VIII iOS western release: 80%, pretty uch the same but most popular in west rather than first... probably later as it's only moved more recently.

Rocket Slime 2 west: 35% Basically tied to Slime in Smash Bros, only a very small (5% chance) otherwise, probably won't be released if Dragon Quest doesn't get much more popular, but obviously being Slime's game, if he's in I think it's 75% coming with him.

Dragon Quest VII 3DS west: 95%, one of those sub-titles man... some time this winter perhaps?

Dragon Quest IX iOS OR Virtual Console Japan: 30%, either would be hype for Japan (it's the most popular of the series), but are more difficult... and the latter depends on DS Virtual Console being announced at E3...

Dragon Quest X Wii U west: 50%, I'm still fairly confident the 'considering' is either bullturd or is like A Realm Reborn where they considered what other areas to release after JPN/KOR/US/EU... but my confidence is down from before, and I'm not expecting it out for a while... I question if they even have footage to show of the translation just yet, or use the Japanese version...

Dragon Quest Monster 3DS west: 55%, DQM is a fan fave and a memory from many childhoods, it would be a great boon for us fans, and have great nostalgia baiting sales appeal.

Dragon Quest XI Japan (I think 3DS): 75% Yuji Horii pulling that comment out about the next game makes me think he's itching to talk about it, but has to sit on his hands 'till E3... but it may be earlier in development... either way, there's no better way to get Japan excited than a new single player Dragon Quest! 3DS has 95% chance of being the console of choice with the 5% being that they specifically decided on a home console which then split 1.5% for PS3, 0.5% for PS3 and PS4, 3% for Wii U (it's won the war in Japan).

Itadaki Street Mario x Dragon Quest 3DS: 60%, it's a great little cash cow, which makes good sales for little work, and Square Enix love profit when a new system's settled!

That's a 99.9975% (by my numbers, yours may be lower) chance of something Dragon Quest, and still really high chances of multiple things in my opinions... there's just too much that has hapened recently, and that make sense financially for them, not to be putting a lot of focus on Dragon Quest, which opens up two questions. Why now? and What more can they do?

The 'What more can they do?' is easy:
Put Slime in Smash Bros.

so let's move on to:
Why now?

Well, there are three real options here:

Bravely Default has shown them that with proper advertising games made for the Japanese can excite the West, and are restructuring their model around this... which is one hundred percent true, but the Dragon Quest sub-titles where filed nearly a month before BD came out in Europe... maybe the hype convinced them? I'm not buying it personally! 5% from me, others may go higher, but it just doesn't add up.

They are in Profit so want to expand one of their most (in fact probably the most thanks to it's higher average sales per game, higher merchandise sales and lower cost on translations and international marketing) profitable franchise to be even more profitable outside of Japan. Which makes sense, DQ's translations are pretty beefy and do cost a bit, but I would expect them to test the waters first rather than have so much queued up... but a dramatic return would be hype inducing even without the Smash Bros cherry so this is VERY possible, probably about that of Slime's chances in smash. 40%

Or they're expecting some sort of huge boost in Dragon Quests popularity... and to me I don't see much that is could be other than Smash Bros. especially given the timing of this all!

It could be to coincide with the Japanese reveal of DQXI, but I just don't think that'd be enough to organise such a big collection of potential releases! I give it a pretty good chance, as it will be super hype inducing, but so was DQX's reveal, so I can give it 10%.
I previously considerd the DQXI title to be part of the build up for Slime, but now DQX's western release looks much further away I'm giving it more stock as the reason for this all... but it's still smaller than what we're here for.

The remaining 40% is Slime for Smash Bros 4... I just don't see a real explanation as to why else this would be going on in such a big way... but I'm aware I'm probably biased, and you may think it's the sort of thing SE may just do without a reason, or that DQXI is enough reason... I don't think that way, and I hope I've explained why I think Slime is so likely, and maybe convinced you he's a likely too :p :).

As for if he deserves to be in, the answer is a most definite yes! He's the most iconic image in jRPG history, insanely popular, and closely tied to Nintendo... he also has great move set potential, and would make a great fun character... He does have competition, and I do agree that Pac-Man is more likely and should be higher priority (I mean, he's friggin' Pac-Man!!) ((similar for Megaman, even with his lower sales, but he clearly already was)) but since I think Konami have peed Nintendo off big-time I think there's a reasonably likely (in my opinion 60%, with a bonus 20% across the Konami boys just because of Veterancy, History (Bomberman) and Simon Belmont's incredible Smash Popularity) fourth slot open for another big developer, and in my opinion Square Enix (and thus Slime) is the most likely on that list by some way...
Layton would help sales, but isn't really legendary, Hayabusa is legendary but will likely not help sales, and I'm not sure Bayonetta fits either criteria... but is from a developer who is possibly going second party after he game's release... Add in a few tiny sprinkles of Spyro (who would fit both, but has MASSIVE issues to overcome), Rayman (fewer issues, but less of each), Black Mage (who's and inferior choice to Slime imo, and as explained in the Slime support thread and my essay on the first Slime rating day) and a few far far more minor options and I think Slime is the clear winner in the race.

Yes, I'm the Slime Knight of this board! And I will protect him!

(I can't wait 'till after E3 so I can change my Smash 4 main to Slime and have him sitting on the right hand side of all of these posts)

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't have Awakening yet; I plan on eventually getting it. However, thanks for telling me how to break the game!
I'm pretty sure you can break the game by marrying Robin to just about anyone, really.

Actually, Robin and Morgan pretty much break the game on their own.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Anna

Chance - 7.5% - While not exactly the most likely, she's not someone you can completely ignore, either. I just have a feeling she can easily slip past the radar, overlooked due to not being "imortaint" enough to the sereis. As the closest thing the series has to a mascot, she might appear again.

Want - 74.5% - I want Roy more than her, but otherwise she's #2. Mostly because she's the most interesting to me move set-wise, more-so than Robin.

Blue Slime

Chance - 3% - The hard part of third parties is that there is little to change there situation. I'm keeping my chance the same as last time.

Want - 60% - Still not changing.

Predictions

Chrono - 0.25% - About as well as any random third party.

Zip - 0.79% - How the heck is this character supposed to work? He doesn't have much to work with.

Nominations
Fountain of Dreams X5

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Anna Likelihood: 2%
Want: 40%

Slime Likelihood: 0%
Want: 30%

Chrono: .95%
Zip: .86%

Rhythm Rerate x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Anna:

Chance: 11%
Since Tiki's disconfirmation, Anna's chances have gone up a bit. However, Robin's a far more likely dark horse candidate.

Want: 75%
Should've gotten in before Ike, imo. However, I'd prefer Robin.

Abstaining on Slime.

I have no idea what to predict.

Nominations: Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man x5

@ Groose Groose this should have five nominations already. I think it was accidently listed as "Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man". I'm specifically doing this to see that want.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Anna:
Chance: 10% I'd say she'd have more of a chance if FE wasn't jam-packed with characters with more importance. Yeah she's recurring and finally becoming a playable unit was nice, but it's difficult to see her getting in over Chrom or Robin.

Want: 75% I love Anna! She's entertaining and having a thief sort of character in smash could be fun.

Abstain from Slime.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Anna:
Chance - 7% - She's recurring, and has semi-decent popularity.
Want: 0% -Thanks but no Thanks.

Slime:
Chance - 4% - He's an icon of Square, but I don't seem him getting in without a FF character, despite Fortune Street.
Want: 100% - He's legit.

Noms: Tails x5

Chrono: 4.56%
Zip: 2.35%

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Slime:
Chance - 4% - He's an icon of Square, but I don't seem him getting in without a FF character, despite Fortune Street.
Want: 100% - He's legit.
I don't want to say bad against someone who gave a 100% want, but he's Enix' Icon, not Square's...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Anna! =D

Chance 7%
As much as I'd LOVE to see her making it as a playable character, I don't really think she's an overly likely character at all, I'm pretty sure she at least has a good chance to become a trophy though, would love to see her become an Assist Trophy.

Want 100%
Definitely my most favourite character in the Fire Embem series along with Lyn. She was also my most favourite unit in Awakening. Anna is just plain awesome! So yes, I'd really love to see her become a playable character in the Super Smash Bros series.

It's such a shame she has such a small chance of actually becoming playable though, at least she's a character who will always be around in the Fire Emblem series, so I'm looking forward to seeing her again in future Fire Emblem games at least. Hopefully playable again like she was in Awakening.

Abstaining from Slime

If I have to then I guess a 0% for both chance and want, can't see it happening at all, nor am I really interested in it.
Nominations
Porky Minch X5

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Anna:
Chance - 5%
Want - 90%

The only thing keeping her from getting 0% is that she's recurring. However, an extremely small chance it better than nothing. Personally, I'd love to see her, I'd probably place her at the top of FE newcomers for me.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Anna:
Chance: 13%
Ten more than Micaiah yesterday, she IS the mascot of Fire Emblem so, she has a slim chance

Want: 76%
She is a funny character, and I like funny characters that also look elegant (or are women)

Slime:
Chance: 1%
Or in other words
NOT GONNA HAPPEN!
Ok jokes aside I might copy- paste my Layton chance post
Third party, third party, third party.
The story on Nintendo consoles seems irrelevant, Slime is a third party in a game where third parties are considered "a special case" there is no way we would get a lot 3 or 4 at best so this slime has no space and no chance 1% only because anything can happen theorically

Here the artist that made the Anna I used: http://astralunasol.deviantart.com/

Want: 0%
I don't like third parties in general so the lesser the better for me

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Since similar, rather strict logic applies to both characters today, I'll explain my thinking before I give ratings. We've got a summer 2014 release window for the 3DS version, and we know that will have the full roster of characters. That means we have a maximum of four months left of reveals (now to mid-September). Given a very slow pace for newcomer reveals and roughly 3/5s of the roster confirmed, even if we assume a lot of the roster will remain a secret til release, that doesn't leave a whole lot of character slots left. To that end, characters that I may have been more lenient towards, say, at the beginning of this year, may not seem possible anymore unless they have very good reason to remain in consideration. Both of today's characters at least used to have potential, but this late in the process, I don't think the potential is there anymore.

Anna - 0%
Anna seems to enjoy a cult following here on Smashboards, which is nice to see as one of the very few recurring Fire Emblem characters out there, but given what little evidence I have, she isn't so popular elsewhere. That puts her as the 13th most popular female in Awakening among the all-important Japanese fan-base, which seems like a really bad sign. She's not a protagonist, her recruitment can be flat-out skipped in Awakening, she faces tons of competition, and considering we have two ninja in the roster now, her being a thief/trickster isn't even all that unique. Maybe she would have a shot if she had more popularity or if Fire Emblem had any evidence it would see a big increase in representation; considering we still only have Marth, it's not looking too good for the franchise. Those two points failing her, though, I don't think Anna has any realistic shot left.
Want - 0% - Doesn't really interest me, sorry.

Slime - 0%
I've never been 100% sold on the idea that Slime is the ideal candidate for a Square Enix rep, but even if it is, do we really think Square Enix is getting a rep at this point? Over the course of this nearly year-long reveal process we've only gotten two third-party reps, only one of which is a newcomer. Meanwhile, the case for Pac-Man appearing as a seemingly inevitable Namco rep has only gotten stronger, and we still don't have an answer regarding the ever-popular Snake. That brings us to 3, maybe 4 third-party reps, and either one being in would surely justify a major reveal. So, where does a Square Enix rep fit in now? Again, we have a maximum of four months left, we have no reason to believe a third party rep would be kept a secret til release, and we've got good reason to believe at least one more third party reveal is on the way, and that isn't for a Square Enix character. Frankly, it appears the third party schedule is full. Now, maybe there's the dream scenario where new Dragon Quest is announced at E3, Sakurai was clued into this game's existence over a year ago, and we somehow get Slime as an E3 reveal instead of Pac-Man/Snake...but then again, that's a dream scenario, not really a serious consideration. As it stands, I just can't see how a Square Enix rep gets in, and by extension Slime is out.
Want - 0% - Also doesn't interest me, sorry.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Slime - 2%

With the amount of third party competition and the fact that we likely won't be getting any more than four third parties, if not even that many, I can't really see the Slime making it in. Not over Snake and Pac-man.

Want - 50%

Indifferent.

Abstaining from Anna.

Crono Prediction 0.24%

Zip Prediction - 0.12%

Spyro x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Slime - 0%
I've never been 100% sold on the idea that Slime is the ideal candidate for a Square Enix rep, but even if it is, do we really think Square Enix is getting a rep at this point? Over the course of this nearly year-long reveal process we've only gotten two third-party reps, only one of which is a newcomer. Meanwhile, the case for Pac-Man appearing as a seemingly inevitable Namco rep has only gotten stronger, and we still don't have an answer regarding the ever-popular Snake. That brings us to 3, maybe 4 third-party reps, and either one being in would surely justify a major reveal. So, where does a Square Enix rep fit in now? Again, we have a maximum of four months left, we have no reason to believe a third party rep would be kept a secret til release, and we've got good reason to believe at least one more third party reveal is on the way, and that isn't for a Square Enix character. Frankly, it appears the third party schedule is full. Now, maybe there's the dream scenario where new Dragon Quest is announced at E3, Sakurai was clued into this game's existence over a year ago, and we somehow get Slime as an E3 reveal instead of Pac-Man/Snake...but then again, that's a dream scenario, not really a serious consideration. As it stands, I just can't see how a Square Enix rep gets in, and by extension Slime is out.
Want - 0% - Also doesn't interest me, sorry.

See, here's the kind of argument I like, you've actually thought this through... personally I think wrongly but there we go.

I don't see much chance of Snake and Slime co-existing, but since Snake is a veteran I see no reason they wouldn't be fine showing him off at E3 if that's the case... and moreover I see a fairly high chance of having only one more third party given they'll have E3 and the pre-release Smash Direct that they've got to seriously hype people with (this is much easier with 3rd parties)... As such my beliefs are based on a belief that Snake's not returning, and we'll get a third party at each of these big events.

As for the second part why must it be more than a year ago that he got clued in? Major third parties do get some leeway, much like Sonic, and it's quite clear from all the motion at SE headquarters that they've been planning something big for Dragon Quest since at least Autumn last year (we got wind in early winter, and they'd have to have actually worked on these things)... which would be fairly in line with your predictions if we assume they waited 'till after getting an agreement... So I don't see why it's a dream scenario when not only does Slime have a really easy body-shape to animate, but also indication that something happened about a year ago... And we know for certain that the next Dragon Quest game is in development... You may feel it unlikely to be that, but impossible is something I can't see any justification for?

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Well, you did pick to only show the poll she did worst in :rolleyes:
I really don't know what you're trying to imply.
She isn't very popular. She never has been, really.
Plus, doing bad in an official poll can't be ignored. Even if said poll is limited to Japanese people who played Awakeing early enough to participate in it. I'm not sure just how varied that sample is, so I can't judge.

Bah, I hate that poll. It does not conform to my beliefs! :p

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Eh, Anna would be 10% chance, 90% want. Sorry I don't have good reasons. I love the look and concept behind her personality, despite never having played a FE game. (Need to change that!)

andimidna

Smash Master
I really don't know what you're trying to imply.
She isn't very popular. She never has been, really.
Plus, doing bad in an official poll can't be ignored. Even if said poll is limited to Japanese people who played Awakeing early enough to participate in it. I'm not sure just how varied that sample is, so I can't judge.

Bah, I hate that poll. It does not conform to my beliefs! :p
I was referring to this poll: http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/fe13poll.jpg
However, I had remembered it wrong. I thought she got 10th out of the 60. But she got 17th. So, it's a bit better than 13th out of 25, but nothing too noticeable.
Also, I think this US poll I was remembering is actually unofficial: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65812544
Which is too bad, because Anna scored 6th out of 35.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And so it begins!

Anna

Chance: 20%. She is largely overshadowed by the the main three characters of Awakening - Chrom, Robin, and Lucina, in both popularity and prominence. But I think she has a few things they don't have. Firstly, she have been in almost every game in the series. So adding her wouldn't exactly be a random choice - and had quite a few roles in Awakening.
Secondly, uniqueness. It may not be immediately obvious, but she has quite a few unique characteristics. She reverse grips her sword, for example. Visually, she stands out too. And she can wield the Levin Sword, which can cast lightning and is a recurring item (she could an entire movesets based on recurring items), unique for a sword wielder.
Thirdly, she is very charismatic and entertaining, in a way that makes her stand out immediately, especially amongst her stern, sword-wielding friends.
While those factors certainly don't give her an edge over her "rivals", I think it's unwise to outright dismiss her, given we already have another character we thought would never be chosen.

Want: 100%. As soon as I realized how good of a character she would be for this game, she instantly became one of my most wanted characters.

Slime

Chance: 3%. We have the potential for four third-parties, and this one comes from Square Enix, who is historically...very lenient with use of their characters. What would he do, anyway?

Want: 20%.

Predictions:
Crono: 4.75%.
Zip: 2.7%.

Nominations:

Aran Ryan x5

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Anna:
Chance: 10%
Want: 90%
Her, Robin, and Lucina are my most wanted FE characters.

Slime:
Chance: 2%
Want: 5%

Groose

Smash Champion
Just as I did last weekend, I'll be eschewing the Saturday lip date in favor of one on Sunday. Don't expect a pattern or anything like that, though.

Well, you did pick to only show the poll she did worst in :rolleyes:
Well, it is the poll that Nintendo based their DLC off of; if that doesn't make it the most important poll of them all, I don't know what will. If you could show me a handful of other polls where Anna is consistently one of the most popular characters I will concede ground; otherwise, my rating will use that poll as one of its primary points.

Pacack said:
Nominations: Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man x5

@ Groose Groose this should have five nominations already. I think it was accidently listed as "Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man". I'm specifically doing this to see that want.
Think I just forgot to type the non. I'll fix it when I tally the nominations tomorrow.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, it is the poll that Nintendo based their DLC off of; if that doesn't make it the most important poll of them all, I don't know what will. If you could show me a handful of other polls where Anna is consistently one of the most popular characters I will concede ground; otherwise, my rating will use that poll as one of its primary points.
It shouldn't matter whether on not the polls got her DL C content; she is in all of them anyway (including as a boss)

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Anna:

Chance: 30%
She seems to be an oddball character similar to Greninja and Rosalina who have some popularity but is somewhat overshadowed by requests of other characters of their series.
While people say there are too many Swordsmen, there has yet to be a Swords-woman. :3
Want: 100%
Married her to my Avatar in Awakening and I friggin love her color scheme. And Goshdangit, her idle animation is so freaken cute! (even though all female Tricksters have it, Anna is default Trickster!)

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
What?!?

Am I too late?
I hope no!

Anna:

Chance: 40%
Given the mascot of Fire Emblem, and massive uniqueness potential, I'd say she's likely but not over 50%, many see her as 'oddball' but that's never stopped her before.
I married her too, and I really really really want a non-lord non-sword user, this is the best bet we've got.

Slime:

Chance: 20%
I've heard of this guy, apparently he's a mascot too, but he's less likely due to the dubious nature of the party/series' relationship with Nintendo.
Want: 35%
He's a pretty cool guy.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Anna & Elsa Chance: 20%
Waaaaaay too much competition.
She has Chrom, Robin, Lucina, and even Michaiah to compete with.

Anna Want: 10%
Eh.
Not a huge fan.

Slime Chance: 20%
Just like Anna, has too much competition.
There are just too many 3rd Parties that would get in before him.
Pac-Man, Layton, and maybe even Simon Belmont would get in before Slime would.
Plus, what garuntees that Slime would be the Square-Enix character to get in?
What about a FF character, or even the DQ Hero himself?

Slime Want: 45%
I would like him.

Crono Prediction: 4.5%
Just like the rest of today's characters, too much competition!

Zip Prediction: Abstain for now
Have no idea who this is.
I may look him up and come back and edit it.

Omnomnominations: X5 Fawful (His day is on the horizon).

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Anna
Chance: 8%

More potential to be unqie with the trickster class and interesting swordplay style. There is too much competition in FE for her to stand a big chance.

Slime
Chance: 1%
Want: 60%

It would be interesteing to see a moveset for this little guy, but there may be too many 3rd parties as it is. 3rd parties are already so limited and Slime falls a little short on the legendary status.

Crono: 1.3%
Zip: 1.1% who?

7 Pokemon Characters x5

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
What?!?

Am I too late?
I hope no!

Anna:

Chance: 40%
Given the mascot of Fire Emblem, and massive uniqueness potential, I'd say she's likely but not over 50%, many see her as 'oddball' but that's never stopped her before.
I married her too, and I really really really want a non-lord non-sword user, this is the best bet we've got.

Slime:

Chance: 20%
I've heard of this guy, apparently he's a mascot too, but he's less likely due to the dubious nature of the party/series' relationship with Nintendo.
Want: 35%
He's a pretty cool guy.
Anna's the mascot of fire emblem? Since when?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
It would be interesting to see a moveset for this little guy, but there may be too many 3rd parties as it is. 3rd parties are already so limited and Slime falls a little short on the legendary status.
I'm not meaning to be rude but I hear this a few times from people who accept Megaman as legendary despite his series having less than half as many sales across 175% as many games, and him not even appearing in most of the games in his franchise... Maybe I'm just off because I'm a massive Slime supporter, but by what metric is Mega Man (or Snake) legendary and Slime not?

More Smash requested I get, Megaman screams Smash moveset potential... but I don't see how he's less legendary...

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I'm not meaning to be rude but I hear this a few times from people who accept Megaman as legendary despite his series having less than half as many sales across 175% as many games, and him not even appearing in most of the games in his franchise... Maybe I'm just off because I'm a massive Slime supporter, but by what metric is Mega Man (or Snake) legendary and Slime not?

More Smash requested I get, Megaman screams Smash moveset potential... but I don't see how he's less legendary...
Almost anyone who knows games knows Mega Man. Snake... not so much. When I think legendary I think Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man. I would then think of Snake, Riu, and Bomberman. I think Slime would be in my third group tho.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Since the fanbase has considered her to be:
Famitsu issue describing FE13 called her the mascot. (No link for this, it's in a magazine and I'm a scrub :c)
Serenes Forest calls her the mascot.
Even TV tropes calls her the mascot.
The famitsu issue I'd understand as some sort of source, but the other sites being the sort of sites ANYONE can edit kind of goes against your own point. Using any wiki as a source is always a weak argument, imo.
Also, whether the fanbase considers her a mascot or not the fact is that to Nintendo Marth became the face of Fire Emblem, and a much better recognized one at that. Not to mention that fan demand and expectation for the protagonist Awakening characters is much higher, and that's something all those 40% ratings seem to ignore.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Anna

Chance: 10%

Sakurai is a master of drawing wild cards and IntSys loves their mascot enough to keep her in (nearly) every FE made while expanding her (their?) roles as per Awakening. People are too much in love with their blue haired lord protagonists, but the time is coming soon.

On another note, her use of the trickster style and vague allusions to being proficient with every type of weapon and ability used in FE thus far (including the Levin Sword, a blade she's traditionally depicted with) could make for the most interesting Jack (Jill?) of All Trades the series has seen. It also wouldn't hurt having another cool lady in the roster.

Pretty much my most wanted Fire Emblem newcomer and tied with Lip as my 3rd most wanted character overall at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom