• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
This implies you think there's some chance that we'll get both Lucina solo and Lucina as part of a team with Chrom.
How so? Once one happens, the other is 0%
I said in my post I put Chrom and Chromcina on equal grounds at around 80%, I think one is going to happen, but I don't know which one. I'm just sure it won't be both.
So I don't get what you mean.
These are supposed to be mutually exclusive ratings, they should not be able to add up to more than 100%.
I... don't understand. I only think one will happen. And until one does, the other still can be considered to have a good chance...
I dunno... competitive types like ICs because they're high tier. I'm not sure they're that popular though really...
Well... they're among the most requested characters, and win every Awakening poll... they're pretty popular.
How is Snake more complicated for the hardware than any of those characters? He has a weird moveset, but he doesn't require the CPU to control additional characters.
Alright. Pretend Snake's not on that list.
What does that have to do with anything?
Someone said it was impossible because it was a team of 2.
But the 3ds technological issues never came up yesterday when we rated a trio, so I'm not sure why this is happening.
Is having a more realistic model really all that important to consider?
OH! That's why I mentioned Snake. He has the most realistic model in the game, and is much more detailed and realisic than these 2, it doesn't relate to the point entirely as he's not a team, I just wanted to bring it up.

The days of dual characters are over.

I never once understood how it was supposed to work.

:p

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
How so? Once one happens, the other is 0%
I said in my post I put Chrom and Chromcina on equal grounds at around 80%, I think one is going to happen, but I don't know which one. I'm just sure it won't be both.
So I don't get what you mean.
If Lucina has a 20% chance of being in by herself, and a Chromcina team has an 85% chance of being in, then you're saying that there's at least a 5% chance that Lucina will be in by herself AND Chromcina will be in.

Lucina getting her own slot and Chromcina getting a slot can't happen at the same time, right? So the maximum that you can have for chance(no Lucina) + chance(Lucina independently) + chance(Chromcina) is 100%. Those are the three possibilities.

It's not that complicated... When you flip a quarter, it could be fair, or it could be weighted. But the chance of heads and the chance of tails can't add up to more than 100%.
I... don't understand. I only think one will happen. And until one does, the other still can be considered to have a good chance...
That's not how percentages work though.

If you think Chromcina has an 85% chance of happening, and there's some chance of no Lucina, then independent Lucina has to have less than 15% chance.

Although honestly, 85% is ridiculously high. Of course you think that Fire Emblem already has a good chance of having 4 characters. But you already gave Chrom an 83% chance and Robin a 50% chance.

For the same reasons as Lucina, the chance of Chromcina plus the chance of Chrom can't add up to more than 100%. You can't boost all of them up by mathematically impossible numbers. I don't wanna get in people's faces about high ratings for things I find unlikely, but in this case you've given mathematically impossible numbers. So much so that if I were running the game I'd say to correct them or I wouldn't use them.

Either Chrom is in a team or he's independent or he's not playable. He can't be more than one of those at the same time, just like a quarter can't come up both heads and tails. The chance of heads + the chance of tails has to add up to 100%. 85% + 83% is 168%.

Either Lucina is in a team or she's independent or she's not playable. She can't be more than one of those at the same time, just like a quarter can't come up both heads and tails.
Well... they're among the most requested characters, and win every Awakening poll... they're pretty popular.
I meant Ice Climbers. I'm not sure that the Ice Climbers move set is as popular as you think. My point was that Smash fans might not like Chromcina as much as you are assuming.

It feels like you have a hard time accepting that most Nintendo fans aren't that into Fire Emblem. Not everyone would find Chromcina as exciting as you do.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Lucina
Chance: 8%
Frankly looks wise too similar to Marth. Because she's a rule 63 Marth. She even fights like Marth, with Marth's sword! Did I mention Marth is already in the game? Her best hope is a reference in a 'Masked Marth' costume(for Marth).
MARTH.

Marth making her totally pointless aside, Lucina does have Japanese popularity(probably due to looking like a rule 63 version of the most popular Japanese lord...ya know...MARTH) and recency on her side.

Want: 0%
No more Falchions, No more blue hair, No more sword lords. I beg of you. There's more to FE than this.

Roy
Chance: 12%(if no DLC characters), 95%(if DLC characters are a thing)
Roy isn't recent. He's also a sword lord. He's also a clone of Marth in Melee due to being added late. However, he's also the second most requested character in Japan, and if Sakurai has any sense he'll add both Mewtwo AND Roy to appease the Japanese fans even if that's through DLC.

His blade has a lot of unique properties in FE which could easily allow him to not be such a Cloney McClone this time round. Roy also still has a western fanbase due to Smash introducing Fire Emblem in the first place to the west, making him somewhat of a pioneering face for the series even if we didn't receive his game.

Prior to Awakening, Roy's game also boosted the series sales considerably over yonder. From what I've read it ironically went downhill after Ike and Marth(the two most popular lords) had their games. Not sure how that even works.

However, working against Roy is the existence of Chrom who is just different enough from Marth and Ike to get away with being included and not feeling like a total clone, whilst also being recent, decently popular in Japan still(Lucina is slightly more popular over there I believe) and having western appeal from Awakening being very successful.

Should we get DLC character packs though, a Melee pack seems logical and Roy would be amongst the first characters added via DLC, alongside Mewtwo(should he for whatever reason not be included on the initial roster).

Want: 85%
Roy was my boy. Between him and Marth, Roy was the character who appealed most; fire sword(it's called Fire Emblem...I didn't understand why at the time, but figured it was logical to have fire attacks with such a title), more like an atypical shonen protagonist opposed to a pretty bishonen type and I preferred his reckless battle style rather than the 'cowardly but more efficient' Marth style of playing keep away with the tip of the blade.

Fire Emblem ideally for me would receive four playables; Marth, Roy, Ike and Robin. The Smash vets and someone who offers a large amount of variety to the series(gender, magic, not technically a lord, tactics maybe...preferably no counter...).

You can bumper that up to 100% if Roy gets some proper decloned treatment...or at least Project M treatment at the bare minimum.

Chrom + Lucina team
Chance: 2%

Too complex. Yes we have Rosalina and Luma, but as of current we don't know the fate of the Ice Climbers, whether they are still plural or not.
Chrom and Lucina are both popular characters, but I can't picture this working...recall the amount of slowdown Melee and Brawl had from four sets of Ice Climbers? Imagine that online. I can't picture the two Awakening Lords being any friendlier on the game honestly.

No. I am sick of gimmicks now. This gimmick isn't even a new gimmick, it's a combination of Rosalina + Luma, Ice Climbers and to a lesser extent Pikmin.

Plus I really don't want the Fire Emblem cast to have THREE Falchion users. That's the opposite of unique.

Predictions:

Squirtle/Ivysaur: 2.2%
Honestly it'll be weird if one's higher than the other. I guess you could argue that there's no grass starter so Ivysaur has a shot, but at the same time Squirtle is more popular than Ivysaur and iconic.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Lucina Chance: 5%. For one, it's a potential newcomer that's not Chrom. That alone hurts her chances, considering how likely Chrom is. The fact that she's also Marth 2.0 doesn't exactly help.
Want: 10%. Very slight interest, but meh.
Roy Chance: 5%. At this point, none of the "Cut Meleers" are likely, not even Mewtwo. Besides, only thing that he had was he really going for him was his popularity. But that won't get you thrusted into Smash easily, especially if you're not Sonic. You need more.
Want: 0%. No.
Chrucina Chances: 0%. Pretty much would only rip off another gimmick.
Want: 0%. Speaking off which, gimmicky characters are getting old.

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
Chrom + Lucina
Chance: 6%
As Sakurai stated in the direct, transformations are cut, so I doubt a tag team will be possible..
Want: 70%
Would be pretty cool as teaming up was an important mechanic in Fire Emblem Awakening.

Lucina
Chance: 8%
She's more likely than the tag team, but she still has a very low chance.
Want: 30%
Although she is a pretty cool character, she is pretty much an instant Marth clone and aside from that, I like Anna more as a female FE rep!

Roy
Chance: 10%
Hard to say, but a lot of people like him, so I guess he has a small chance of making it.
Want: 50%
If they would polish his moveset somewhat, I would be fine with his return.

Smady

Smash Master
Lucina

5% Chance: Marth lookalike, exact same fighting style as Chrom. She doesn't even get the Exalted Falchion and her inclusion would be minor spoilers for Awakening's plot. She is a very popular character from Awakening, but from other Fire Emblems, so were Micaiah, Hector and Lyn. It's clear to me that Chrom will be the newcomer for Fire Emblem, based on Sakurai's established patterns.

0% Want: Lucina's a fairly dull, run-of-the-mill sword user when it comes down to it, everything negative spouted on Chrom can be doubly said for Lucina, who not only uses the literal exact same weapon, but inherits his exact same abilities. Whereas Chrom is a leader of the group and a somewhat inspired one in my opinion, Lucina is a total downer. That's okay, but there's not any more to the character. By all accounts an inferior Marth.

Roy

25% Chance: Far lower than Mewtwo, but I'll bite on some of the Chronobound sentiment that Japan is full-blown Roy fan club central. It's obvious that aside from Mewtwo, the only other character who could return is Roy, due to popularity and that Roy's competition is Pichu, Dr. Mario and Young Link. On the negative side, we don''t know for sure if Mewtwo is going to come back. Fire Emblem is enjoying a peak in popularity right now, though, and Roy would be an obvious choice as the "fourth" rep. But four Fire Emblem characters for the scope of the series' popularity is reaching absurd.

100% Want: It's always bull when a character gets cut from a fighting game sequel, Roy was one of my Melee mains and I was disappointed, if understanding when I found out he was cut. Same for Dr. Mario, but I can see why he'd be cut. Roy may have been a Marth clone, but I found his playstyle appealing and I like his game. Marth is fun to play too in Brawl for me, so I'd love to see a spin on that set in Smash 4.

Chrom and Lucina

1% Chance: I don't know where this idea came from, all I can say is it's fairly hilarious how it almost takes the piss out of the utterly broken pair-up system. It's a clunky system to imagine working, when the Ice Climbers aren't human-sized sword users and I don't see how it'd improve either character. If anything, a Robin and Chrom team-up would make sense, not Chrom and his rule 63 daughter.

0% Want: Sticking Lucina to Chrom doesn't make her any better, if anything it makes her worse as she's actively taken away his deserved solo character slot. Plus when transformations are out, I can't see how this would even work. It's really not that interesting, because they're both sword users and in game, pair-up is basically just stacking turns on top of one another, and luck determines if the other character's turn "triggers." In short, it's entirely mechanical and would not translate naturally into Smash Bros.

Squirtle: 10%
I think he's absolutely cut, but he's still technically a veteran.
Ivysaur: 20%
Not a water starter so not thought of as unlikely as Squirtle.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Lucina
Chance:40%
Contrary to popular belief, Lucina fights nothing like Marth, as Marth has more of a slash the opponents to bits playstyle and Lucina outright stabs the opponents for her attacks, and she could also use some time elements in her attacks, possibly as a recovery. She is also being used alot for FE promotion and was about as important as Chrom and Robin in Awakening.

Want:60%
I definitely like to see her over Chrom. Tbh, I'd like to see anybody over Chrom.

Roy
Chance:55%
Roy's got the potential to be really unique and is overall, the 2nd most wanted character for SSB4. He even has a possibility of being in the next FE game, as one of the higher-ups at IS said that if they were to have another remake, it'd definitely be Roy's game. He's also got the veteran status and being planned for Brawl helping him. So, I believe he's going to be in, unless time constraints happen.

Want:70%
I'd definitely like to see him return again.

Chrom+Lucina
Not very likely, just as the fact that Sakurai's having a really hard time implementing the Ice Climbers.

Want:25%
It's better than seeing Chrom alone, at least.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Lucina
Chance - 15%
As before, I consider it 100% likely we get an Awakening Fire Emblem rep. I gave Chrom 70% and Robin 15%, which means that Lucina gets that last 15%. In her case, more than anything it's sheer popularity as she was featured as much as Chrom in promotion, but what she has there she lacks in uniqueness. Not to mention her inclusion raises the question of "why her and not Chrom?" which is a question that can be answered much more easily for Robin.

Want - 70%
I actually do like her, and would probably use her because all things considered she was a great character. In the game also happened to be my avatar's daughter which made me like her even more. But ... I'm still held back from wanting her a lot due to the principle of her being pretty much a female Marth in terms of both appearance and fighting style. And I'd really really would just like to use my avatar more.

Roy
Chance - 5%
I feel like we really overrated him before. Or at least I did. But with so many things clearly new in Smash 4 it's hard to see Sakurai going back to Roy, at least for the initial roster. If they add DLC characters, Roy would probably be among the first considered. But as it stands, Marth is there and I see an awakening character happening for sure, so it's a question of "will we have a third FE rep?" and if so, Ike or Roy? Personally, I'd prefer Ike given he felt much more unique.

Want - 30%
Meh. Roy is a fun character to use in Melee and Project M, but ... if I want to use him, I'll just play those games. With Fire Emblem I have always had the feelings I'm starting to have towards Pokemon: There's too many characters from this franchise that would work in Smash, just give me new ones in each iteration and keep things fresh. If Roy and Ike's continued absence means new characters, I'm ok with that. Assuming of course that Chrom doesn't turn out to be as boring as we all expect (which is why I hope we get Robin instead since THAT would be an interesting addition.)

Chromcina
Chance - 0%
I'm not even considering this as a possibility. Will it come back and bite me? Perhaps.

Want - 55%
Mostly indifferent, but there's a part of me that would be curious to see how they would make it work, just like I was curious about how a Diddy+Dixie tag team would work.

Predictions
Squritle - 1.89%
Solo Charizard and Greninja ate up his chances
Ivysaur - 4.76%
I expect some people want a grass starter now to balance the Pokemon starter triangle, and Ivysaur's return fills that niche.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Lucina:
Chance: 35%
Want: 80%

Roy:
Chance: 15%

Chrom/Lucina:
Chance: 0%
Want: 95%
Sakurai stated that characters will not switch anymore.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Lucina:
Chance: 20%
Want: 70%

Roy:
Chance: 5%
Want: 10%

Chrom/Lucina:
Chance: 0%

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Challenger of Fate: 0.01%
If she was chosen I wouldn't understand it... Chrom and her use the same Basterd (sic.) Sword, in the same way, and Chrom is more of a main character (although the trio are all main characters in some extent). The only thing she'd bring is her gender... and it's not enough of a boost to put her even close to her father.

Want: 25%
I like her slightly more than Chrom... but in smash terms she's basically the same thing. The return of the Basterd (sic.) Sword is what I want, and while I'd prefer Ike, I would still be happy to see one in the game.

Our Boy: 10%
Awakening's popularity explosion may (but unlikely was) too late in the dev cycle to get a definitive yes at the starting stages of Roster development... if this was true Roy has a good chance of being chosen as a third FE rep... After this of course Awakening's huge success would give them a character (even if just an Ike semi-clone), but it's a possibility I've concidered, but that sadly is quite low on the chance scale... Add a little extra for just fan pandering and you have a decent 1/10 chance of him getting in.

Want: 60%
He's kinda irrelevant, but his game did save the series (like someone else I can think of), and is my personal favorite FE game too so I kinda like him... Sadly he'd probably just be bought over from Melee, which would be a huge shame as his most important feature was his fiery ranged attack... something he didn't get in smash and that would make him an awesome addition... If he got a ranged attack using his rune-sword I would be pretty excited for his return, if not I'd probably drop this want rating...

Ike Climbers: 12%
Seriously, that's what they'd be like. Go watch the Project M video, and see how awesome that would be, but also how hard it could be to balance... I think it's do-able, and I would love to see Ice Climbers with Basterd (sic.) Swords, but it would take more work than just making Chrom an Ike clone, so it's certainly less likely....

Want: 100%
Have you seen that video?! It's awesome! Yes, the Ike Climbers look utterly broken, but the Chromcina duo would be better balanced for it, so it wouldn't be such a big issue... and it'd be cool as balls!

Squirtle+Ivysaur: 3.4%
I think they'll get maybe a .4% variation between the two at best... I think the Want scores will be most interesting though...

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Roy

Chance - 35% - I'd say he's somewhere between Chrom and Robin right around now, so this is where my last to scores meet in the middle.

Want - 75% - Just so that people who wanted him to return can rejoice.

Lucina

Chance - 10% - Yeah, being outcompeted by a lot. She's popular, but I'm not Shure if she has what it takes.

Want - 33% - Better than Chrom, but I still find her an uninteresting waste of a slot.

Chrom/Lucina Team

Chance - 0% - I'm calling it disconfirmed due to the lack of "transforming" characters. Shure, you could argue they could be able to be together without switching, but what would make them different from characters like Rosalina and Luma or the Ice Climbers?

Want - 5% - Too much work, not enough return.

Squrtile - 0.86% - Most are going to call him cut.

Ivysaur - 0.55% - Even more pessimistic due to not being iconic.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Roy

I guess he was cool in Melee, but his time has come and gone. He gets some chance because he is technically a veteran, and t3h PHYRE! In all seriousness, his clone status could be changed, but at that point you might as well add a newer, more popular character (Chrom.) The fire was made to differentiate him from Marth a little more, but it is a shell of an argument for his uniqueness, because in the end he's just another Lord.

Lucina
Chance: 12%
Want: 15%

She gets a slight edge over Roy because she is more advertised than Roy, and more recent. She has had more exposure with the larger audience from Awakening, so she is more popular/recognizable as well. However, she gets a big minus because she draws extreme similarities to both Chrom, who is the frontrunner in this race, and Marth, the face of the franchise. Being in direct competition with Chrom is going to be difficult for her, but then again, "ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!"

Chrom/Lucina
Chance: 1%
Want: 1%

I really don't want another tag-team/puppet master gimmick, and we also don't need it either. Its just pointless to have the same gimmick. Ill admit that it could be well done, there is evidence of that, but it is more of the issue as to what the point would be? Ya you're representing the team up mechanic from Awakening, but mechanics don't need to be represented, at all. If that's the way it works out, that is okay with me, but trying to force a mechanic into the game for the sake of representation is just... unnecessary.

I want to end this by saying that Fire Emblem doesn't need any more sword Lords. Its not that they cant be unique, its more because of redundancy. That's why my want scores are so low for all these characters, we don't need any more of these characters.

Predictions
Squirtle: 2.3%
Ivysaur: 2.5% (Ivysaur gets the slight edge because grass- types complete the starter triangle, and we already have a water-type.)

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Lucina
Chance: 15% - I just don't see her likely as Chrom would be the more popular and prominent choice.
Want: 50% - That said, I'm pretty indifferent to her. I wouldn't mind her though, and I think another female on the cast would be pretty cool.

Roy
Chance: 12% - There's always a chance cut characters might return, but since it seems like we get Marth plus Most-Current-Fire-Emblem-Rep, Roy's chances are pretty low.
Want: 34% - Meh. Never really liked him that much in Melee. He was basically a heavier, more powerful Marth, and I'm often not a fan of clones.

Chrom/Lucina
Chance: 4% - Can't see it happening at all ever since the killing of transformation characters.
Want: 50% - Though I can't deny it would be a cool mechanic, although I also don't know how it would differ much from a transformation character, if at all.

Squirtle prediction: 35% - It's hard to say here. I feel like Pokemon Trainer's pokemon could be broken up into separate characters, but with Greninja in the fray, Squirtle doesn't look likely.
Ivysaur prediction: 50% - Same with Squirtle. Hard to say.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Lucina
Chance - 10% There are more prominent characters than her. She has the 'female card' to her favor?
Want - 30% No more generic sword wielders please...but she's female so that would be a refreshing twist.

-Roy
Chance 0% lol must be really sad to stan for Roy these days after his dismissal in Brawl.
Want 0% I have no absolute interest in this bland boring ass Marth clone.

-Chrom/Lucina
Chance 0% who even thought of this? there are no more transformations. There's no need for this.
Want 0% not here for this fanfic.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Lucina

Chance 5%

Sorry girl you said you were marth so marth is you

Want 0%
Pi prefer chrom

Roy

Chance 3%

Roy I would love it if you come back but except for mewtwo you guys from melee will never comeback (mewtwo still has a good chance for his comeback)

Want 70%

Same as above

Chrom/lucina

Chance 0%

Transformation mechanic is dead so this is impossible now

Want 50%
It would be able to do a father daughter duo

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Chrom/Lucina
Chance: 4% - Can't see it happening at all ever since the killing of transformation characters.
- Though I can't deny it would be a cool mechanic, although I also don't know how it would differ much from a transformation character, if at all.
-Chrom/Lucina
Chance 0% who even thought of this? there are no more transformations. There's no need for this.
Want 0% not here for this fanfic.
Chrom/lucina

Chance 0%

Transformation mechanic is dead so this is impossible now

Want 50%
It would be able to do a father daughter duo
This is not a transformation character. This is a duo like the Ice Climbers.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Lucina

Roy
Want: 10% he was cool but nothing outstanding

Chrom/Lucina
Chance: 1%
Want: 40% I find ridiculous the "no more gimmick" argument

Xyn

Smash Cadet
Lucina

Want: 75%

Roy:
Chance: 20%
Want: 80%

Chrom/Lucina:
Chance: 0,000001%
Want: 1%

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
The idea of Chrom/Lucina is not based on a transformation mechanic. This was mentioned before.
Ah, I was on my phone when I wrote that and it's a pain scrolling through forums. I still don't see it happening though. Unless one's part of the others' Final Smash.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
You know, since Sakurai already said the Ice Climbers alone are being a bit of a technical hassle, I'm surprised there are still some people that believe the Chrom Lucina combo is possible, let alone worthwhile.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
You know, since Sakurai already said the Ice Climbers alone are being a bit of a technical hassle, I'm surprised there are still some people that believe the Chrom Lucina combo is possible, let alone worthwhile.
Which makes me wonder why people think the Sal leak is true. Wouldn't the Chorus Men be harder to make than the Ice Climbers?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Which makes me wonder why people think the Sal leak is true. Wouldn't the Chorus Men be harder to make than the Ice Climbers?
Except we don't know what the Chorus Men actually is or involves. The character being a trio is an assumption a bunch of people are making, similar to the "Rosalina is just a Peach clone" assumption that held her back when she was rated.

"Chorus Men" is the name of the mini game in which you see that character. It's why some people wonder if the guy just meant one of them or Marshal instead. Fact is, we don't know.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
And wasn't that said over half of the development time ago?
Pretty sure it's been about 10 months since that was said about the Ice Climbers.
It could have been fixed the day after he said that, or the next day, or any of the other 300 days following that one.
I don't see how Olimar and Rosalina aren't enough proof for technical issues on the 3ds to be a garbage argument.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
"Chorus Men" is the name of the mini game in which you see that character. It's why some people wonder if the guy just meant one of them or Marshal instead. Fact is, we don't know.
From what I've read the name of the mini game was Glee Club. I don't know where the name chorus men comes from but the wiki refers to the singers as chorus kids.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lucina:

Chance: 20%. The only argument I could see against her is that she wouldn't stand out as a fighter. If being similar to Marth hurts her chances, which is bogus by the way, then it hurts Chrom's too, since he is essentially Marth+Ike. Lucina's design is actually very different from Marth, especially if you factor in her fighting style, personality, etc., and her official colour scheme is also quite different. Is she similar? Of course, but as I mentioned before, so is Chrom, and Ike, and Roy, and literally every other Lord. She is actually the most promoted (and probably most popular) of the Awakening trio: she was a focus in a multiple-part DLC. She appears solely on the soundtrack and artbook. There was almost a figure of her made. She certainly warrants inclusion, and anyone says she "can't" be unique is not very creative. Besides, Lyn got in as an Assist Trophy over the other protagonists from Fire Emblem. This would be almost be the exact same circumstance as Lucina is in, should she be have been playable.

Also, she's actually one of the best female characters in Nintendo's library, and she's voiced by Laura Bailey, who doesn't want that??

Want: 90%. My second most wanted character, but I won't lie to myself that she's very likely.
But she is a better choice than Chrom in my opinion, and represents the game better than him (but not better than Robin)

Roy:

Chance: 35%. He hasn't had any prominence in his own series in over ten years. Or so you'd think. In fact, he actually had a hand in saving it and bringing the series to America. And he's one the most highly requested characters for Smash Bros, and would stand out from the other two Fire Emblem characters (esp. if Ike takes his Radiant Dawn outfit) and is just all around a great character. If people think Mewtwo will be brought back, I see few reasons Roy should stay a cut character, especially if he really was planned for Brawl.

Want: 50%. He wasn't a very effective character in Melee, but I loved him nonetheless. Seeing his blazing sword and glorious red hair in HD Smash would be grand.

Chrom/Lucina Tag Team

Chance: 0%. This could be one of two things. Either way it has a lot of issues. So either we have something akin to Ice Climbers, only there are very different designs and different movesets constantly onscreen, and if the Ice Climbers really did give the 3DS trouble, this seems incredibly unlikely. Also, if it was an actual tag team, it is already disconfirmed.

Want: 0%. I don't see why we can't just have both characters separated. It would be boring, sure, but it's not impossible.

Squirtle prediction: 15%.
Ivysaur prediction: 15%.

I can't see one of them getting cut with the other staying. So it's either all of them, or just the 'Zard.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Lucina:
Chance: 1% - Lucina will not get in this installment, especially over Chrom, IF he makes it.
Want: 0% - Unless as a female Marth alt costume.

Roy:
Chance: 5% - Veteran status is the only way he's getting in. He didn't even get a trophy in Brawl.
Want: 50% - Wouldn't mind him but won't be butthurt.

Chrom/Lucina Tag Team:
Chance: 0% - Aside from Ice Climbers, Pikmin/Olimar, Rosalina, and possibly the Chorus Men, we won't get any others. Moreso if Ice Climbers casue trouble in programming, why waste more time developing another team like them.
Want: 0% Chrom alone or bust. And I don't like Chrom much.

Squirtle: 15%
Ivysaur: 15%

@ Groose Groose - when will we be able to nominate again? I'm so anxious.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
im on mobile thanks t my computers busting. don't expect much of a rateing from me.
Roy gets an 5
Lucina gets an 12
Anna gets an 5.75
everyone else probably just a drop dead zero
all that equals to 75% that's is as likely as I see a newcomer, I see them getting a good chance, buts its not garneted.
I say its most likely just marth and ike, with a coin toss for chrom, which a very lowly chance of Lucina,
also just to be clear my thinking is that if they have a 5% chance means that they bare minimum of being considered, still in the competition and in the running but at most at the bottom (anything under that I believe has no chance)
i still stand by this,
while lucina is a story element, chrom is still the poster boy. her chance just involves if IS recommends her. which i doubt to be honest.
also roy is a veteran. but is long past the point for fire emblem and seems to only be expected by popularity from melee smashers. something that seems to be fading a bit (his popularity, just in case any one thought differently) heck when the legendary mewtwo seems to have some doubt thats a calling that almost all other veterans are done.
oh and for chrom/lucina:
duo character issues + characters that fit status alone + sharing an already established gimmick (sakurai likes his gimmick to be unique) = doomed.
so just to be eaiser to read.
Roy - 5%
want -5%
lucina -12%
want -0%
chrom/lucina -0%
want -0%

ivy - 1.25%
squirt - 0.15%
thats going to be sad for me. still since greninja is a water type squitle is going to be down to the nonexistent levels

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Lucina
Chance - 10%
Want - 50%

Least prominent of the awakening trio. 'nuff said. However, more subclassing options gives her some decent options for movesets. Also, I like her design.

Roy
Chance - 5%
Want - 10%

Last game was a while ago, there's no word on an FE6 remake (sadly). Never liked him as a character in his own game, just found him enjoyable to play as. And, if he gets in, I'll probably be constantly thinking 'The P:M version is funner..."

Chrom Lucina team
Chance - 1%
Want - 1%

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Lucina:
Chance: 15% She's popular I guess, but guys there's a reason she effectively disguised herself as Marth. She looks like him, which would be kind of annoying visually. I think we'd be better off with a Masked Marth alt. I give her a few points because maybe she'd fight a bit differently, as she seems to favor a two handed swordfighting style.

Want: 5% I like her, but I can't see her bringing anything interesting to the table.

Roy:
Chance: 10% I think his time has passed. Not much else to say. He's apparently still a somewhat common request though.

Want: 5% Similarly, his time has passed for me. I've played enough Fire Emblem since Melee to know that there are way more interesting options.

Pair Up: the character:
Chance: 1% What a pain in the neck this would be. Yeah pairup was one of the hot new features in FEA, but I feel like if they really wanted to include it it would just be one of Chrom/Robin's special moves instead.

Want: 0% No thanks.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Lucina
Chances: 15%
Like Chrom, she does have popularity within the Awakening fanbase and is promoted like him, so there's merits to her being chosen. The problem is, she's not as much the posterboy as him, which makes him stand out more then her as a choice.

I'm ambivalent on her.

Roy
Chances: 10%
He has extreme popularity and is one of the Melee veterans that is heavily wanted, both very notable points that can easily win Sakurai's favor. However, the problem is that he lacks in most of the other areas. Unlike Mewtwo, who has the benefit of being heavily pushed as of late, Roy hasn't had that, the best is DLC for Awakening which almost every other lord got. Also, Ike and Chrom both have merits over him (the former also being a veteran and popular, the latter being popular and from a successful game), which makes him a hard sell over either. Theoretically, he could get a fourth slot, but it's not that likely an occurrence.

Want: 40%
While I did have fun with him in Melee, I didn't like him that much in his home game and he wasn't one of the characters I got attached to. So while it'd be nice to see him back, he's not someone I'm too excited about.

Chrom & Lucina
Chances: 3%
They do appear together in advertisements, and there's the Pair-Up Mechanic, but there are some problems that prevent this from happening.

Want: 40%
It sounds interesting on paper and would be fun, but I prefer them separate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Were you expecting Groose to come in and end the day?

Well, TOO BAD!

Unfortunately, Groose is absolutely busy and has charged me to end the day! (he'll be back soon though!)
For now... oh man I've always wanted to do this...

DAY OVER!
RETURN OF BRAWLER610!
THE GROOSE ISN'T LOOSE!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Were you expecting Groose to come in and end the day?

Well, TOO BAD!

Unfortunately, Groose is absolutely busy and has charged me to end the day! (he'll be back soon though!)
For now... oh man I've always wanted to do this...

DAY OVER!
RETURN OF BRAWLER610!
THE GROOSE ISN'T LOOSE!
That pun...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lucina
Chance: 12.78%
Want: 38.64%

Her chance score dropped about three percent. Her want also dropped. Some of you are still not impressed by her as she is a bit too similar to Marth in her appearance. But some of you still like her.

Roy
Chance: 14.58%
Want: 34.25%

Is Roy really our boy? It doesn't seem like it. His want dropped down by 10%. Worst of all, his chance dropped down significantly. We all seem to like Ike and think that Chrom is the bomb, but you guys just don't want Roy to be your boy again. Personally, mine's Knuckles.

Chrom & Lucina
Chance: 9.41%
Want: 28.83%

The chance ratings have increased slightly. Perhaps is it because of the leak? Nevertheless, some of you don't like this concept and thus the want rating dropped down. Some of you adore it because you like these characters and think this concept is unique. Others don't like it as it could be a technical nightmare.

Today, will be going back to Kanto ladies and gentlemen! Charizard is now its own character slot. That's right, Charizard has abandoned his almighty and powerful trainer, Red, so that it could join the fight. I... guess he didn't have enough badges to train him. The big question now is, what about Squirtle and Ivysaur? What are their chances of becoming separate characters on the roster? Also, how much do you want them? Please rate Squirtle and Ivysaur in chance and want today!

Squirtle and Ivysaur have been added to the Directory!

Tomorrow, we are rating two small, but pretty popular characters. Bowser Jr. and Jigglypuff are entering the fray tomorrow! Have their chances changed during the Direct? Please predict how Bowser Jr. and Jigglypuff will do tomorrow! Keep in mind that nominations are still on hold!

Last edited by a moderator:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Squirtle: 1% The only thing he has going for him is his veteran status.

Ivysaur: 1.5% He has a half of a percent more chance than squirtle because there is not a grass starter in the roster yet.
Want: 100% With all of this balancing going on, I would love to see a competitive Ivysaur in an official game.

Bowser Jr.: 53.41%
Jigglypuff: 93.41%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom