• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raptor Boost Dash -> Falcon Kick Cancel

DarkRaptor

Smash Cadet
First of all, I want to apologize to anyone who has discovered this already. I've looked all over smashboards and I can't find a thread about this. If anyone has already discovered this, please report it to me, and I'll give credit to him.

So basically, you have to go to Yoshi's Island, Raptor Boost Dash -> Falcon Kick Cancel. Also, you have to do it with precise timing. Do it too late, you go offstage. Do it to early, you won't reach the ledge.

This is NOT a Captain Falcon Advanced Technique. It's more of a Captain Falcon Discovery.

Again, sorry if this has already been discovered. I'm just trying to get it out there.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
vid please? im trying to picture it in my head, but im getting a weird image

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So basically, you have to go to Yoshi's Island, Raptor Boost Dash -> Falcon Kick Cancel. Also, you have to do it with precise timing. Do it too late, you go offstage. Do it to early, you won't reach the ledge.
That doesn't really tell us how to do it, lol

If i'm getting this right, i think this has already been discovered.

And may i point out that we do have a Q&A thread to check things like this and make sure they are legit findings, before we create a thread for discussion.

Player-3

Smash Hero
yes it does lol

you mock waveland by aerial side bing into the sloped edge, tehn falcon kicck and it cancels on the other side

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So basically, you have to go to Yoshi's Island, Raptor Boost Dash -> Falcon Kick Cancel.
yes it does lol
lolwut?
Even if i had to ask: Where?

you mock waveland by aerial side bing into the sloped edge, tehn falcon kicck and it cancels on the other side
Ah, that's nice to know. Sounds useful.

Also, why the hell was i thinking Yoshi's Island (Melee) when he said that? @___@
Maybe he should add which YI.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
sounds good if you want to get to the other side that quickly
but yet again, why would Falcon want to approach?

running is better imo

lawl
good find tho :)

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Pretty sure Ayaz discovered the waveland. If not he made the thread.

I don't actually have any threads for the FK Cancel :S

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
FK cancel is in 2knee's guide.
But both FK cancel and mock waveland are pure Falcon skills.
... in that they're borderline useless

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
FK cancel is in 2knee's guide.
But both FK cancel and mock waveland are pure Falcon skills.
... in that they're borderline useless
Agreed.

Though falcon kick cancel for edgeguarding is severely underrated

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Run>speedhug.
Faster, easier and more versatile.
LCFK is good when it happens after you kicked someone at high percent = autoedgehog.
Else it's >:I

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
First time I've heard of Falcon Kick cancel, lol. But yeah, it doesn't really sound that useful.

Imma gonna try it out for laughs anyway. Someone said that doing unexpected stuff is good for mixing up our game, right?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Falcon Kick cancel is a semi-useful tactic. It's when you cancel the Falcon Kick off of a ledge. Basically, the Falcon Kick animation ends right were Falcon would enter the teetering animation if he was standing on the ledge. The cooldown time of the Falcon Kick cancels entirely and he can use another attack immediately after. Surely you've seen Ganondorf's Wizard Foot Cancel. Same thing, just stricter on timing for Falcon.

Zeallyx

Falcon Kick cancel is a semi-useful tactic. It's when you cancel the Falcon Kick off of a ledge. Basically, the Falcon Kick animation ends right were Falcon would enter the teetering animation if he was standing on the ledge. The cooldown time of the Falcon Kick cancels entirely and he can use another attack immediately after. Surely you've seen Ganondorf's Wizard Foot Cancel. Same thing, just stricter on timing for Falcon.
Its only practical use is edgeguarding.
And its very good for edgeguarding, at that.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah, edgeguarding is it's only decent purpose. The only other way I use it is Falcon Kick -> Immediate Raptor Boost back onto the stage so it cancels. You can use a drop down knee, bair or uair out of it too.

It just gives more stability over stage control knowing how to use it, but it's not all that useful. I don't see it being used except maybe 1/5 games.

Zeallyx

Yeah, edgeguarding is it's only decent purpose. The only other way I use it is Falcon Kick -> Immediate Raptor Boost back onto the stage so it cancels. You can use a drop down knee, bair or uair out of it too.

It just gives more stability over stage control knowing how to use it, but it's not all that useful. I don't see it being used except maybe 1/5 games.
Then you should watch my current games. =PP

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Hmm... I'm trying to picture what you guys are talking about, but I don't think I've got the right idea...

Any vids?

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Oh, I see it now. I've done it accidentaly quite a few times, lol.

Speaking of doing things accidentaly, here's something-interesting-that-everyone-knows: if you FK from the rising platforms in Yoshi's Island (SSBB), Falcon will go forward without stopping at/hitting the ledge. I've surprised a lot more people than I thought I would with this.

Top Bottom