• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rancho Cucamonga Tournament 3/17/07

4ColorFantasies

Smash Rookie
HAPPY ST SMASH DAY!

4 Color Fantasies and Game Crazy are joining forces to brina a little smash to Rancho Cucamonga on March 17, 2007 at 10am.

HOW DO I ENTER??
Registration spots are LIMITED (64 people max). The entry fee is $5.00 per person. To reserve your spot send an email with your name and phone number to chris@4colorfantasies.com. You can come by the store and pay anytime you want to up to the morning of the event. No more email registrations will be accepted after March 15, 2007​

RULES & BEHAVIOR
This will be a double elimination tournament, MLG rules will be in use.

1 round games

4 stock

8 minute time limit

STAGES - Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dream Land 64

Controllers will be provided, but since some players preferances are different than others, we strongly suggest BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller).

4 Color Fantasies will be open for business during the tournament, as such players are asked to respect the property and employees. Anyone caught acting in an unfit manner will be elimintated and asked to leave. As with most tournaments everyone wants to win, but those caught "money matching" will also be asked to leave, no exceptions.

Anyone wishing to document their matches may film as long as it does not disrupt the other players.​

7172 Archibald Ave.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701​

Phone: 909-563-8751

10w exit Archibald, turn north. west side past Baseline in IHOP Plaza

210w exit Archibald, turn south, west side before baseline in IHOP Plaza.​

TIME TO PLAY
REGISTRATION AND CHECK IN FOR PRE-REGISTRATION BEGINS AT 10AMAND CONTINUES TO 10:30AM
IF YOU ARE LATE YOU WILL LOSE YOUR PRE-REGISTRATION SLOT

TOURNAMENT STARTS AT 11AM​

PRIZES
1ST PLACE: $75.00
2ND PLACE: $50.00
3RD PLACE: $25.00​
Plus other prizes to be announced!!!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Already signed up.

But Gamecrazy said the pot was going to be split among 4 people :\

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
lolol @ single elim, no tx

EDIT: Jake wants me to say it should be double elim... which it should. If it was I'd go cuz it's like 15 min from me

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
If its only Singles, single elim will go by VERY fast. You should do Double Elimination, it will maybe take 3-4 hours, and it will bring in more people.

Also, it would suck if the two best people there had to fight first round and take each other out, totally screwing up the top 3 players there. :\

4ColorFantasies

Smash Rookie
I would love to do that.. but since this is the first one that we are holding.. I want to see how the time goes.. we have other regular events that are scheduled...

If the time frame works right for dbl, the next one will be.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Ok, is each match atleast best 2 out of 3?

The only reason I'm asking all these questions is because the rules are kind of vague :\

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Sounds good!

And to those of you that come, theres a bunch of food places all around. Theres a Del Taco, Taco Bell, Dairy Queen (hamburgers), Round Table Pizza, Little Ceasers, Pizza Hut, and IHOP.

TOO GOOD

Lit

Smash Ace
We will be there me and the rest of our crew we will proably take first.......... maybe i hope..... and is there going to be time for friendlys at alll

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Dont worry, we still got this ^_^

Lit

Smash Ace
yeah wat u talking about 6th we still got this mi *****.......... why you trippin for..... u no u aint doin sht on that day anyways..... so u are gona ***.... and so is wreckless and fate... jtb doesnt have a promblem wit them either so the point is u r cumin

Lit

Smash Ace
is there going to be any other tv to play their bec that big tv that yall ****** have lags a bit and i have to slow myslef down a little.... so are we going to be able to play on the tv on the ceilings or wat.....?

4ColorFantasies

Smash Rookie
is there going to be any other tv to play their bec that big tv that yall ****** have lags a bit and i have to slow myslef down a little.... so are we going to be able to play on the tv on the ceilings or wat.....?
Yes... there will be 3 different stations set up for the tournament!!.

3 matches will be going on at the same time!!

4ColorFantasies

Smash Rookie
No more than 64 people I doubt that much will go.
Well we hope that many people show up and make this a sucess. If it works itself out we will try doing this once a month.

Cash and prizes for the winners!!

So get as many people to come and make it sucessful

Lit

Smash Ace
Awwwwwwwww, Laggy tvs make luigi sad =[
yeah they hav a big screen but u have to play their really often to get the right timing down for your moves... i espically dont like that tv when ppl use fox, falco, falcon, and marth bec u have to slow your fingers down....

Lit

Smash Ace
a thats to bold you rolling up there wit your tv no way... il just bring my 12 in tv instead dont even trip

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Another Rancho person perhaps?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Because Azeem likes it so much, and it fits the current situation...

Lit

Smash Ace
yeah who are u if u know brian than i must of seen u around....... and i think it is on sat... 6th and jtb..... go to wreckless house on friday..... we need to get a little pract. in before this tourney... AND CREW MATCHES ANYONE??:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

$ick

Smash Lord
Hmm, didn't realize this was kind of close. No doubles kinda sucks. Hopefully I'll be there.

Edi: lol I didn't know you had a smash boards name Sonny. He's a younger smasher from my area. :)

Top Bottom