• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Race to the finish! #ExcitetheBallot! Vote for Excitebiker now!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So smashkirby do you think that Excitebots should be referenced in his moveset. I didn't put it in mine since I could find a feasable way to add it but someone could probably think of something.
Well, I'm not too sure, but I was thinking of having them be used as ExciteBiker's FS, in the style of Duck Hunt's FS, where everything from the NES Zapper games comes at you in one big onslaught, ExciteBiker would have everything from the Excite series rush at you, like Captain Falcon's FS.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Well, I'm not too sure, but I was thinking of having them be used as ExciteBiker's FS, in the style of Duck Hunt's FS, where everything from the NES Zapper games comes at you in one big onslaught, ExciteBiker would have everything from the Excite series rush at you, like Captain Falcon's FS.
That seems like a good idea actually might change my FS to that.

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
I support Excitebiker :079:
I made this video 8 months ago :079:

I made this in photoshop... :079:
maxresdefault.jpg

I made this picture a long time ago... :079:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Excitebiker is an interesting character. In terms of retro characters, I'd say he is one of the last BIG retro characters. He can easily be placed along Duck Hunt and Super Mario Bros as being one of the iconic games on NES. I do like the moveset that's in the OP. It would be cool if illustrations came along with them to get a better understanding on how they would look like (Would take a lot of effort, but would be great none of the less). One question though, if he would get in the game, what would he be called? I'm thinking he would simply be called Excitebike, like Duck Hunt and Ice Climbers. He doesn't have a name, so it would be best if he was to be called that.

With that said, I would like to show my support for Excitebiker! The chances of Mach Rider getting in are low, so Excitebiker would be my best choice. Also helps that I also do like the character and games.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Here's my take on an Excite Bike moveset (note, it's just a general idea, I didn't list their standard moves yet)

ExciteBike:

Excitebike is (obviously) a fast air-combo-oriented fighter that fuses elements of Excitebike and Mach Rider. Excitebike's power comes from momentum; Excitebike's moves become more potent so long as he keeps moving. As such, his tilts and jab is one of the worst in the game, but his aerials are some of the best.
His standard moves and aerials are all based on real-life motorcycle tricks.

Special Moves:

Neutral Special: Oil Drum: Excitebike kicks over an oil barrel that splashes an oil slick on the ground. The barrel deals heavy damage, and anyone who comes in content with the spill it creates will trip. It dries up rather quickly.

Side Special: Turbo Boost: Excitebike activates jet boosters on his motorcycle and speeds forward. Excitebike is nearly unstoppable while boosting, but it leaves him wide open when it ends. If Excitebike Boosts over his oil slick it will catch fire for a short time and become a fire pit.

Up Special: Trick Ramp: Excitebike creates a ramp beneath his bike and jumps off of it. Aerials are much easier to land after performing this move. Essentially a combination of Rosalina's Warp Star and Sonic's Spring Jump.

Down Special: Switch Gears: Excitebike has three modes on his bike for different situations; the default, Mode 2, which makes the bike faster, but harder to control, and Mode 3, which makes the bike much harder to launch, but jumping ability and speed is hindered.

Final Smash: Excite Truck: Excitebike turns his bike into a giant monster truck. Can run over enemies, or jump to create a powerful earthquake to launch them. After a few moments the Excite Truck runs out of fuel and Excitebike returns to his bike.

His down special comes from Mach Rider, where the motorcycle had four gears to switch between. His neutral special is both from Mach Rider and Excitebike, the oil drum from Mach Rider, the oil slick from both.
His side and up specials are both pulled directly from Excitebike.
Well? What do you guys think?
I think I did a really good job.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Excitebiker is an interesting character. In terms of retro characters, I'd say he is one of the last BIG retro characters. He can easily be placed along Duck Hunt and Super Mario Bros as being one of the iconic games on NES. I do like the moveset that's in the OP. It would be cool if illustrations came along with them to get a better understanding on how they would look like (Would take a lot of effort, but would be great none of the less). One question though, if he would get in the game, what would he be called? I'm thinking he would simply be called Excitebike, like Duck Hunt and Ice Climbers. He doesn't have a name, so it would be best if he was to be called that.

With that said, I would like to show my support for Excitebiker! The chances of Mach Rider getting in are low, so Excitebiker would be my best choice. Also helps that I also do like the character and games.
I like Excitebiker more since its a person. I'll add you on the supporters list. I can't really draw so there's a problem there.
Here's my take on an Excite Bike moveset (note, it's just a general idea, I didn't list their standard moves yet)
ExciteBike:

Excitebike is (obviously) a fast air-combo-oriented fighter that fuses elements of Excitebike and Mach Rider. Excitebike's power comes from momentum; Excitebike's moves become more potent so long as he keeps moving. As such, his tilts and jab is one of the worst in the game, but his aerials are some of the best.
His standard moves and aerials are all based on real-life motorcycle tricks.

Special Moves:

Neutral Special: Oil Drum: Excitebike kicks over an oil barrel that splashes an oil slick on the ground. The barrel deals heavy damage, and anyone who comes in content with the spill it creates will trip. It dries up rather quickly.

Side Special: Turbo Boost: Excitebike activates jet boosters on his motorcycle and speeds forward. Excitebike is nearly unstoppable while boosting, but it leaves him wide open when it ends. If Excitebike Boosts over his oil slick it will catch fire for a short time and become a fire pit.

Up Special: Trick Ramp: Excitebike creates a ramp beneath his bike and jumps off of it. Aerials are much easier to land after performing this move. Essentially a combination of Rosalina's Warp Star and Sonic's Spring Jump.

Down Special: Switch Gears: Excitebike has three modes on his bike for different situations; the default, Mode 2, which makes the bike faster, but harder to control, and Mode 3, which makes the bike much harder to launch, but jumping ability and speed is hindered.

Final Smash: Excite Truck: Excitebike turns his bike into a giant monster truck. Can run over enemies, or jump to create a powerful earthquake to launch them. After a few moments the Excite Truck runs out of fuel and Excitebike returns to his bike.

His down special comes from Mach Rider, where the motorcycle had four gears to switch between. His neutral special is both from Mach Rider and Excitebike, the oil drum from Mach Rider, the oil slick from both.
His side and up specials are both pulled directly from Excitebike.
Well? What do you guys think?
I think I did a really good job.
IT SUCKS!

Just kidding. I like some of the special moves (down special is pretty cool), but how would you know what mode its on. I like how you simply said the aerials are based of real motorcycle tricks when I looked up tricks for Excitebiker to use in my moveset.

slambros

Smash Ace
I don't know if I'm on the support list, but I'd enjoy being on it. The Excitebike games were great!

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Excitebike is, in my opinion, the most prominent Nintendo franchise not currently represented in Smash Bros.
The Excitebike Assist Trophy was cut and the Famicom Medley with the Excitebike theme in it? Also gone.

Maybe it's...foreshadowing? O.O

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I don't know if I'm on the support list, but I'd enjoy being on it. The Excitebike games were great!
You could just go check on the OP but you are on it.
Excitebike is, in my opinion, the most prominent Nintendo franchise not currently represented in Smash Bros.
The Excitebike Assist Trophy was cut and the Famicom Medley with the Excitebike theme in it? Also gone.

Maybe it's...foreshadowing? O.O
A lot of Assist Trophies were cut (Isaac and Ray). I also was hopeful that they'd be put into Smash because of that. (My top wanted character since Bowser Jr. is still an assist trophy though). It might not mean anything.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I never really liked the design they had from World Rally, I hope they go with a redesign of the original Excitebiker look if he does get added.
Yeah, that's probably a safe bet. I hope they keep the cartoony proportions though.
Like smashkirby said it'd be easier to work with in terms of size and animations.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's probably a safe bet. I hope they keep the cartoony proportions though.
Like smashkirby said it'd be easier to work with in terms of size and animations.
Exactly, I mean they've already got the model from World Rally right? Don't get me wrong, I have NO problem with the original design, I'm just spit-balling here.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's not really that different to me.
I mean...like Punch-Out!! Wii's Little Mac, it's basically a direct adaptation of NES look anyway, the only think being inconsistent is the palette.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Hey, if I could be added to the support list that'd be awesome! The one retro character I was ever really in support of

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I think it could be a cool addition, and even though I'm all for the idea, (I even voted for him once) I don't think it'll happen, sadly.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I think it could be a cool addition, and even though I'm all for the idea, (I even voted for him once) I don't think it'll happen, sadly.
Well of course. Sakurai said it'd be fan service from now on and since the Excitebiker doesn't have a huge amount of supporters that are vocal, I don't see him getting in either. But there's always a chance.

GenesisTheSmashColt

Smash Rookie
NNID
GenesisMaster
3DS FC
1160-9984-2569

Boom, third vote goes to him. Yeah I'm a multi-voter and proud B)

By the way I might make a splash art for him like I did with Mallo from Pushmo. Excitebiker is my second most wanted in Smash. Does he have a support Twitter yet? Even though I did Mallo already, I think I can do Excitebiker as well if that's alright.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Boom, third vote goes to him. Yeah I'm a multi-voter and proud B)

By the way I might make a splash art for him like I did with Mallo from Pushmo. Excitebiker is my second most wanted in Smash. Does he have a support Twitter yet? Even though I did Mallo already, I think I can do Excitebiker as well if that's alright.
I don't think he has a Twitter support site. You can make it if you want.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, in the event that Sakurai chooses a retro character specifically for DLC, do you think Excitebiker will be the one?

Top Bottom