• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Race to the finish! #ExcitetheBallot! Vote for Excitebiker now!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So guys, how do you all think we're doing on the Excitebiker front? Also, if Excitebiker was in Smash, would he be starter, unlockable, or DLC? Also, if unlockable, how would you unlock him?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So guys, how do you all think we're doing on the Excitebiker front? Also, if Excitebiker was in Smash, would he be starter, unlockable, or DLC? Also, if unlockable, how would you unlock him?
Not as well as it should be. Excitebiker isn't being pushed as much as he should considering he is a classic icon of video games. I think he'd be DLC because you can't add to the main roster :ohwell:.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Not as well as it should be. Excitebiker isn't being pushed as much as he should considering he is a classic icon of video games. I think he'd be DLC because you can't add to the main roster :ohwell:.
Aw, that's too bad.:urg: I also consider him one of gaming's classic icons. Also, I meant if Excitebiker was playable in a Smash game, would he be starter, unlockable, or DLC? BTW, if unlockable, how would you unlock him?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
lol I didn't want to double post. Guess Excitebiker isn't as popular as I thought he was.
He's a pretty popular (more retro oriented) character- His series is, alongside games like Advance Wars, one of the longest running series In Nintendo's history without a playable character and now even without an assist... We even know he was 'considered' in Melee as a retro character, but his series isn't really dead.

Jaden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jadenthemerle
3DS FC
2664-2123-0479
Oh wow, the Excitebiker thread. I haven't been around the character boards a lot, but I'm here now to pledge my unending support for the Biker, and to proudly say that I voted for our favorite motorcycle-rider in the Ballot. I have very fond memories of playing Excitebike as a kid. If the Excitebike Arena in Mario Kart 8 was enough nostalgia to get me feeling a little emotional, I can't imagine what seeing the Excitebiker in Smash would be like.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
He's a pretty popular (more retro oriented) character- His series is, alongside games like Advance Wars, one of the longest running series In Nintendo's history without a playable character and now even without an assist... We even know he was 'considered' in Melee as a retro character, but his series isn't really dead.
Yeah I know, just thought there would be more activity on this thread.
Oh wow, the Excitebiker thread. I haven't been around the character boards a lot, but I'm here now to pledge my unending support for the Biker, and to proudly say that I voted for our favorite motorcycle-rider in the Ballot. I have very fond memories of playing Excitebike as a kid. If the Excitebike Arena in Mario Kart 8 was enough nostalgia to get me feeling a little emotional, I can't imagine what seeing the Excitebiker in Smash would be like.
I'll add you to the group of supporters!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yeah I know, just thought there would be more activity on this thread.

I'll add you to the group of supporters!
I think its common for retro characters to have slower and less speculation. To me he seems like the series is such an iconic Nintendo property that its a matter of when he will be added not if he will be, but he will probably be part of the base game's roster so maybe next time.

I'd like to be added to the support as well.

He seems like such a good candidate, and if they keep him on his bike for the majority of his attacks, if not all his attacks, he will be forced to be unique.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Top Bottom