• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
you left out jiggly, nana, w/e other female pokemon theyd have, prob a Cappy in there, Crystal, and whoever else they can think of.

edit: Berk, fail harder next time.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Peach
Samus
Zelda
Marth

Fun game, diverse cast.
What? You could make a smash spin off just with the fine *****es from the zelda universe

Ruto
Malon
Midna
Great faeries(TP especially)
Impa
Nabooru
Marin

Throw in some metroid for good measure and you have pure gold, you know you want to see some hot mother brain action.

By popping a label of Snake vs Falco on this video you distract from a very important question aimmed at yourself Dark. But, I see right through you ^_^

That question is why were you watching a video of something as random as a woodpecker vs a hide-in-solid-tree-snake?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Snake vs Falco = 50:50. Proof > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkmmhZrBm6Y&feature=player_embedded
Look at that snake's tech chase and falco's spammy beak lasers. Also, falco is forced to approach, haha. I dunno, I thought this vid was funny.
That Falco needed to laser moar. That Snake had the right idea of camping and letting that Falco approach, the Snake also got some nice grabs in, you can clearly see the Falco fishing for the chaingrab and getting punished for it.

That is a pretty good Snake right there, but the Falco def needs work.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
By popping a label of Snake vs Falco on this video you distract from a very important question aimmed at yourself Dark. But, I see right through you ^_^

That question is why were you watching a video of something as random as a woodpecker vs a hide-in-solid-tree-snake?
Haha, when I'm bored I occasionally go to gorillamask dot net and watch some random vids. Either there or Iambored dot com. There was some caption about bird vs snake so I decided to watch it... yea, it is random, hahaha.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
hullo there snakes! i was once a wolf mainer (like about ten minutes ago) but i have recently made the jump to snake after realizing that i place better with him (no duh) and have more fun playing as him

That's why I started making the threads I made:
Doubles
Snake VS what move
Advanced techniques
MU disagreements

And we're missing a research thread but I'm not gonna make a thread about it.

That's why I started making the threads I made:
Doubles
Snake VS what move
Advanced techniques
MU disagreements

And we're missing a research thread but I'm not gonna make a thread about it.
It depends upon how much utility you can get out of the thread.
-Doubles I think is good.
-Snake vs what move is good
-MU disagreements.... Trust me, you'll never be able to get people to agree to a common idea to that. DDD has been argued over for months that it's 70-30 DDD to 55-45 DDD. And the same is true everywhere. Those disagreements pop up all over the place in SWF. From a personal stand point, you need not care about MU numbers and just figure out what you can deal with and how.

Research... SuSa tried that before a long time ago, but really its hard to figure out what we really need. I really would like to know the viability of Jab -> Ftilt on people. But, I think EY has been working on that a lot with PSA stuff.

Xeylode said:
-MU disagreements.... Trust me, you'll never be able to get people to agree to a common idea to that. DDD has been argued over for months that it's 70-30 DDD to 55-45 DDD. And the same is true everywhere. Those disagreements pop up all over the place in SWF. From a personal stand point, you need not care about MU numbers and just figure out what you can deal with and how.
Got a point there

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Since we're on the topic of research, ph1ny3 posted this on Susa's profile a while back.

So I have a question:
As we all know, there isn't much of a lag penalty to buffering things out of a crouch, including dash. I noticed while practicing tech chasing with snake dthrowthat if you crouch before they make a move, if they roll backwards, your body frame slows them down, making that side much easier to cover. If it is possible to buffer shield, dash, and other moves out of crouch to still cover the other options, would this make some of the characters with a good backwards roll less effective in playing against dthrow?

Edit: In fact, if you buffer the crawl backwards at the right time, they won't roll behind you, like the dthrow vs. Charizard effect.

soo.... if we do some testing with this maybe we can get better results with techchasing?

Okay I'm gonna let these threads:
AT thread
MU disagree
^ locked up or die

Now it's fine syx? I hope your happy about it :)

Nappy, sorry to burst but you got postrolled:
At 3:31 exactly I started thinking of the threads that need to delete because I couldn't handle all of them so I decided to delete 2 then you just barge in and say stuff when I was about to do that. Lol postrolled

Since we're on the topic of research, ph1ny3 posted this on Susa's profile a while back:

So I have a question:
As we all know, there isn't much of a lag penalty to buffering things out of a crouch, including dash. I noticed while practicing tech chasing with snake dthrowthat if you crouch before they make a move, if they roll backwards, your body frame slows them down, making that side much easier to cover. If it is possible to buffer shield, dash, and other moves out of crouch to still cover the other options, would this make some of the characters with a good backwards roll less effective in playing against dthrow?

Edit: In fact, if you buffer the crawl backwards at the right time, they won't roll behind you, like the dthrow vs. Charizard effect.

soo.... if we do some testing with this maybe we can get better results with techchasing?

Least's see. Dthrow gives -1 advantage to Snake. Crouching takes 3 frames. That's -4 advantage before doing anything. Then tack on whatever it is you are going to do out of a crouch.

Also, if you noticed, they still slow down even if simply stand from a Dthrow. If crouching actually slows it down even more than standing, I would say it's worth testing all characters. But, if it doesn't do that much, I would say it's better to keep standing to keep your frame advantage ot -1. Sometimes a few frames means the difference between getting a grab or whiffing.

However, right now I don't really feel like testing anything lol It's took early.

Top Bottom