• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quite the Impressive Collection of Swords in SSB4.

Which Sword and Wielder are Your Favorite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Impaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............ :estatic:

'Impa imparts in battle!'

Her Giant Blade would even put the Ragnell and EVEN 'the powah of thu Mon-ah-dowh' to shame. Just look at the size of that thing!

In this pic, you can literally hear her thinking: 'Heh, thought that that pansy Marth had range? Better prepare your buttholes, a sword the size of 2 Bowsers is coming with full speed at you at any moment now!'
That would be really awesome, but the real question is whether Sakurai could have any Hyrule Warriors content in Smash or not.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I've already addressed Mii in the OP but sadly I can't add them in the poll anymore.
Pit is an interesting case since his weapon classifies more as a bow than the swords. Still there's nothing more awesome than dual wielding so I'll allow it. Again sorry no poll option.
Kirby doesn't even get that from Sword Kirby, its from Cutter Kirby. And it's only one move. The Ultra Sword is entirely different so I'll add that.
The water swords are only for one of the standard smash attacks. I dunno, water swords are pretty cool though.
Ganondorf's I would add if he would at least freaking attack with it. Doesn't count I'm afraid...

Kirby doesn't have a sword of his own per se, but he's still a wielder. There's his UpB and whatever copy move he steals from the swordsmen, plus his Final Smash. I'd even argue that because most of Kirby's abilities are based on copied moves, he can be added to this list.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Impaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............ :estatic:

'Impa imparts in battle!'

Her Giant Blade would even put the Ragnell and EVEN 'the powah of thu Mon-ah-dowh' to shame. Just look at the size of that thing!

In this pic, you can literally hear her thinking: 'Heh, thought that that pansy Marth had range? Better prepare your buttholes, a sword the size of 2 Bowsers is coming with full speed at you at any moment now!'
GAWD! DLC FOR WII U PLZ!!!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Out of the available options, I voted for the Levin Sword. It's such a unique and clever idea for a weapon and, in the game itself, it acts exactly the opposite of how you would expect it to. I love that.

I also love Greninja's water blade, though. I feel that deserves an honourable mention.

What other swords would I like to see? Wonder Red uniting up with Wonder Blue to wield the Unite Sword, of course! ;3

I will also settle for Professor Layton and his fencing rapier.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Kirby doesn't have a sword of his own per se, but he's still a wielder. There's his UpB and whatever copy move he steals from the swordsmen, plus his Final Smash. I'd even argue that because most of Kirby's abilities are based on copied moves, he can be added to this list.
Not really. You wouldn't put Kirby next to Marth and say that they were the exact same in how much they use their swords. The majority of Kirby's attacks come from Fighter Kirby. He uses cutter for one attack and that's barely considered a sword.
The Ultra Sword is pretty impressive but it's just a Final Smash which most people probably won't even use since they turn off items.
If Kirby was based off of Sword Kirby it'd be different.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I'd go with Link's Master Sword, Lucina's Parallel Falchion, and Shulk's lightsaber Manado. The Manado looks to be quite an impressive weapon.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
It's nice to see that the Monado is getting so much love. Haha I'm sure probably half of you don't know much about what it does though. I'll admit that I don't either. I just know it looks FREAKING AWESOME.

mark welford

Smash Ace
I'm just waiting to see Link vs. Meta Knight vs. Ike vs. Shulk. In my opinion meta knight would win but you guys could have different opinions on the matter of best sword wielder.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The Sol Blade.

Please..?

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
For Smash 5, I'm hoping for Takamaru and the Wandering Heroes (Find Mii) to be the new sword fighters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
For Smash 5, I'm hoping for Takamaru and the Wandering Heroes (Find Mii) to be the new sword fighters.
Agreed, especially since the later will make up for the fact that there will be no Mii Mage in Smash for now.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Shulk and the Monado. Anyone who hasn't played that game should.
If they could afford it or find a copy. That and some might not have a Wii and have to wait for the New 3DS and the Xenoblade: Chronicles port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom