• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quite the Impressive Collection of Swords in SSB4.

Which Sword and Wielder are Your Favorite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Too many swordsmen? Ha, that's ridiculous! Swords are awesome and I know I'm not the only one who thinks so.

So far we have:
Link (and Toon) with the Master Sword

Shulk's Monado

Two forms of the Falchion

Robin's Levin (and Bronze) Sword
Ike's Ragnell

Meta Knight's Galaxia

Honorable Mentions:
Kirby's Ultra Sword
Pit's Bow which can split into two swords (Bonus points for dual wielding)
Greninja's Water Blades
And Mii Swordsman's various collection of blades, like the Beam Sword

I would kill to have a collection of replicas of all these awesome swords. (sadly there's no room for such a collection in this house...)

Which sword (and wielder) is your favorite?
And which other sword would you like to see in Smash Bros?
I would like to see a certain Keyblade wielder join the fray but it's pretty unlikely so I won't harp on it too much.

Last edited:

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
The Monado is probably the best looking sword out of the lot, coupled to the fact that it has special abilities like buffing up party members, being able to damage mechon, and hell, being able to see into the future.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You forgot the Mii Swordfighter.

Anyway, out of all the swords used in Smash, I'd have to say that the Monado is my favorite. It's vastly different from your typical "sword of legend" concept seen in the Master Sword and Falchion, in the sense that it's aesthetically unique and it has multiple functions and abilities, all of which are explored within the story of Xenoblade. I think it's really just the most developed weapon of all of them due to being the focus of Xenoblade Chronicles.

That being said, Shulk is not my favorite sword wielder. That would definitely be Robin.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Oh right, I forgot to answer the first question myself.

I'm really digging the Levin sword, since I associate it with Tricksters mostly and mah girl Anna's a Trickster :awesome: Robin's pretty awesome too and he's probably my favorite newcomer of the bunch.
Haha, the lightning bolt design just looks pretty cool too. Sure it's no Master Sword but it can shoot out lightning so that's awesome enough.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Which sword (and wielder) is your favorite?
And which other sword would you like to see in Smash Bros?
I like the design of Lucina's Falchion the most of the swords we have now. As for other swords, I'd like to see the Murasame Blade (Takamaru's signature sword in Samurai Warriors 3 and maybe Smash 5?) and the Rainbow (Crono's ultimate sword in Chrono Trigger but god knows his chances of ever coming back are pretty much zilch).

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Ganondorf's taunt..

I'll go with Link, that's always a safe bet.

The sword I wanted to see belonged to Takamaru, but he's out the window. So Ganondorf's taunt.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
You forgot the Mii Swordfighter.
I thought they were just going to use a nameless blade but then I remembered that they can use various swords like Beam Sword too and whatnot. I'll edit the OP but I can't edit the poll. Sorry about that.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I'm going to say the Monado for multiple reasons. Those who've played all of Xenoblade know exactly what I'm talking about.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Which is my fav? Well, since LoZ is my fav series than the obvious answer is Link's "Sword of Evil's Bane." Course from a technical stand point this is TP Link 2.0 and that sword title I refer to is more akin to OoT/Melee Link but I digress.

As for sword weilder I want still? Gia Blade/Isaac. I think there was a sword called Ragnell in Golden Sun but I remember Gia Blade being one of the best, if not the best sword in Golden Sun and The Lost Age. That and there was the Hestia Blade, Sol Blade, Dark Sword, Huge Sword, Excalibur...

Actually, now that I think about it, Sol Blade and the Magido unleash was near broken. SO I would want that to be Isaac's sword.

spd12

Smash Cadet
NNID
PinkDodecahedron
3DS FC
0104-0418-0459
I want to vote for Robin's Bronze Sword (I actually dig the aesthetics of it, really), but it's not an option.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I want to vote for Robin's Bronze Sword (I actually dig the aesthetics of it, really), but it's not an option.
Hmm yes the Bronze sword does look pretty cool for even the most basic of swords (by Awakening's standards anyways). Sorry I didn't consider that. Still can't edit polls I'm afraid.

D

Deleted member

I voted for Shulk's Monado, Robin's Levin Sword, and Link's Master Sword; I love the designs and abilities of each of these weapons!
If I had to choose one though, it is easily Shulk's Monado. It has powers unimaginable; it can make Shulk move faster, create shields, and so much more all while giving Shulk visions of the future. It is by far the coolest weapon that is currently in Smash and my favorite weapon in gaming.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
If we extend the list to characters who use bladed slash attacks, we can also add Kirby and Pit to the list. I'm torn between Shulk's blade and Pit's. Shulk's is very unique looking but Pit's blades can combine into a bow.

CrazyChaos

Smash Cadet
I suppose Meta Knight's Galaxia would be my favorite. Monado is pretty neat looking too, but I have no knowledge of the series it is from.

I would not mind seeing Rathalos Firesword appear...in the paws of a Felyne.

We also have more swords than this technically. Mii Fighter with a sword which apparently can be changed, Pit has dual sword thingies that come from his bow, Kirby has has little sword with his up special, and Greninja has watery swords. Ganondorf probably has a very nice and clean sword too.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I really like the new falchion, lucina in general makes marth look so sad and dated. That she's a bad marth for noobs herself is such a travesty.

The monado is very cool too and the master sword has a really great design

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
They're all cool swords, so I voted for all but Toon Link's.
My number one favorite would be the Monado, in terms of design (not atypical) and abilities/functions.
Though, I'm also very fond of Lucina's Falchion, the Levin Sword, Ragnell and of course, the Master Sword.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You call those swords? This is a sword.

Personally, I tend to like "bland-looking" swords. Swords that look practical and that lack gems, gilding, etc. In the Zelda series, I preferred Link's Goddess Sword - and it's upgrades -, the Ordon Sword - Practice Sword in Skyward Sword -, the Biggoron Sword, Gilded Sword - it doesn't look that flashy -, and I guess, the Hero's Sword over the Master Sword. The Razor Sword was really cool, it's a shame that it only lasted for hundred strikes or so.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975

I like Ragnell's the most. For wielders, Ike in my opinion is the best developed sword-character in Smash (story and personality wise).

I love Chrom's/Lucina's neo Falchion...but I don't like how the sword looks in Lucina's render, that render is a lie (textures, model and size don't match the in-game neo Falchion in my eyes).

Last edited:

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Can I say all of them except Toon Link and Metaknight?

1. Lucina's Parallel Falchion because she's my bae.
2. Robin's Levin sword looks awesome even though in-game sucks lol.
3. Link's Master Sword because it's damn Link!
4. Shulk's Monado... This guy is that kind of character you didn't know you wanted until you see the trailer (Same for Robin).
5. Ike's Ragnell because «Ragnell is the counterpart of my sword, Alondite, tell me you weren't stupid enough to leave it behind»
6. Marth's Falchion because that's where it all started.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
We also have more swords than this technically. Mii Fighter with a sword which apparently can be changed, Pit has dual sword thingies that come from his bow, Kirby has has little sword with his up special, and Greninja has watery swords. Ganondorf probably has a very nice and clean sword too.
I've already addressed Mii in the OP but sadly I can't add them in the poll anymore.
Pit is an interesting case since his weapon classifies more as a bow than the swords. Still there's nothing more awesome than dual wielding so I'll allow it. Again sorry no poll option.
Kirby doesn't even get that from Sword Kirby, its from Cutter Kirby. And it's only one move. The Ultra Sword is entirely different so I'll add that.
The water swords are only for one of the standard smash attacks. I dunno, water swords are pretty cool though.
Ganondorf's I would add if he would at least freaking attack with it. Doesn't count I'm afraid...

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Can I just say that I'm sick of swords in Smash Bros? Don't get me wrong, they're iconic, and important, and a lot of characters use them, and that's fine. But they're so generic and overdone, especially for something with as unique and varied a history as Nintendo!

Why can't we see more spear wielders? More axe wielders? More bows? More magicians? More hammers? More pole-arms? More off-the-wall, unique weapons? There are only so many spins you can put on a sword before it gets old. And with two cloned sword wielders, it's just even more tiresome.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Can I just say that I'm sick of swords in Smash Bros? Don't get me wrong, they're iconic, and important, and a lot of characters use them, and that's fine. But they're so generic and overdone, especially for something with as unique and varied a history as Nintendo!

Why can't we see more spear wielders? More axe wielders? More bows? More magicians? More hammers? More pole-arms? More off-the-wall, unique weapons? There are only so many spins you can put on a sword before it gets old. And with two cloned sword wielders, it's just even more tiresome.
I agree. We need some spear wielders and magic users. But as someone who likes swords, I'm not too bothered by it.

With that said, let me ask which one do you find the least generic? :3

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
The Links, Meta-Knight, and Robin, because their movesets don't wholly revolve around the sword in some fashion.

Robin probably wins overall, due to his tomes, and the fact that he's using a Levin Sword, which never seems to get used as a traditional melee weapon in FE anyway.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My favorite blade user will have to be none other than Link because he comes in all shapes, sizes, and characters throughout the franchise. I admire his determination, strength,tactics throughout the franchise since childhood.

Best blade however can go to non other than the Falchion (the original, not the butchered new design) since it's more like traditional old fashioned swords with the gem accessory embroidered in the hilt. Nothing can go wrong with fenching swords and rubies for mucho fabuloso.

As a for what sword wielder I want for Super Smash Bros for the Ultra Nintendo and Nintendo 4DS, it's pretty obvious who it is and my Nintendo Network tag is a dead giveaway. In other words, there's too many European swords and not enough Eastern swords in Smash yet that's in playable form. Though main issue is that Sakurai retconned the lighter katana into a darker ninjato sword for some odd reason that I can't put my finger on. :/

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Have to go with Shulk and the Monado.

Probably the first time I've really liked a sword, it has a personality to it that I haven't seen elsewhere.

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
My favorite sword wielders from there are probably Toon Link and Shulk. In regards to the swords themselves, the Monado and the Levin Sword look pretty cool.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Meta Knight Galactica, because is not OP, is because is the name IS OP GALACTICA! That sword sound so galactic of OP Broken galaxy of OP! I love it!!!

Only Meta Knight and true heroes can hold the Sword, is your not worthy, the Sword will take your life away, that why Meta Knight is a true warrior because of the OP sword. But Kirby can use it too, sometime even better than Meta Knight and that kinda more broken!!!! Seriously Kirby use that sword like a ****ing BOSS!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike and Ragnell.

No other sword is quite made to Fight For Your Friends as the Ragnell.:4myfriends:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Toss up for me between Ike and the Ragnell and Robin and his Levin Sword. Both very different swords, but I can appreciate the former for it's simplistic design, and raw destructive power, and the latter for it's unique properties and just plain cool, although arguably impractical looking design.

Other sword wielders I would want?

Hyrule Warriors Impa(see Diddy's sig for details), Samurai Goroh(alas doomed to AT status forever) and Melee favourite Roy. His sword of seals has some interesting properties outside of ph1r3...at least according to the manga story.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Hey guys, so today's PotD more or less confirms that we might have another newcomer that potentially wasn't leaked. What do you think? Could there be room for one last sword wielder?
My vote naturally goes to mah bae Anna. Though realistically Issac would be our best bet. Or perhaps the Impa rumor is true? What do you guys think?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hey guys, so today's PotD more or less confirms that we might have another newcomer that potentially wasn't leaked. What do you think? Could there be room for one last sword wielder?
My vote naturally goes to mah bae Anna. Though realistically Issac would be our best bet. Or perhaps the Impa rumor is true? What do you guys think?
Impaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............ :estatic:

'Impa imparts in battle!'

Her Giant Blade would even put the Ragnell and EVEN 'the powah of thu Mon-ah-dowh' to shame. Just look at the size of that thing!

In this pic, you can literally hear her thinking: 'Heh, thought that that pansy Marth had range? Better prepare your buttholes, a sword the size of 2 Bowsers is coming with full speed at you at any moment now!'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom