• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Vote for Medusa's Homecoming Party!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
To be honest I'm surprised they haven't had a DK villain yet. That's the big thing about medusa, I feel every popular franchise should have at least one villain added, and for kid icarus it's between medusa and hades. I think medusa should take it though because of her longevity in the series, and how much focus was on her, even though it was just to throw you off from the real villain.
Well, that's why I keep advocating for Medusa. IF Kid Icarus is to get a third rep, it should be Medusa hands down. I don't necessarily think Medusa will get in this time around, though, and it annoys me but I honestly think Sakurai might choose Hades because he created Hades and Hades tends to be a lot more popular "because he's funny."

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Although not a supporter, I do agree that King K Rool presence is long overdue. Being a mere trophy is really not cool. I see him more as a boss (probably because of my first DK game, DK64 :awesome:), or an assist trophy, but a playable character is cool too.

In Brawl, I really thought DK was put aside. No assist trophies, bad stages, only two items that don't really remind the DK universe (especially the spring).

This time, every series seems to get some love. DK got his rolling dash attack for example. Although assist trophies, Metroid got Mother Brain and Dark Samus, two characters REALLY important (and we know Ridley is here, we just have to know if he is playable or not). Zelda got Skull Kid and Wario got Ashley, two fan favorite.

Now, to go back on Kid Icarus, the fact we got minor characters as assists, that the series have tons of enemies and is considered a front runner in Smash 4, plus the fact we have no news at all from Medusa really makes me hope for the best scenario. Not to mention that reference to Medusa's first appearance in Uprising.

I just do hope it's not a cliffhanger leading to Hades saying "Now wait just a second". I love him, and I would play him, but his reveal would be mix of joy and regret. And this guy clearly have his place as a big boss a la Galactus in MvsC3.

Edit: I also realise that we reach Brawl's number a new series, counting Miis with their Smash logo. Will we get only newcommers from existing series now? :awesome: Will the Gematsu leak prove me wrong?

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
So, any ideas for Medusa's reveal trailer now that we've seen Palutena's?

All I'll say is that it should be called "Goddess of Darkness" to match with the "Goddess of Light".

majora_787

Smash Hero
I seriously think people need to stop using leaks for evidence of things. I don't think there's any shakier ground to be standing on.

"But no leaks mention it! D:" is probably the shakiest thing I've ever heard though.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Well, that's why I keep advocating for Medusa. IF Kid Icarus is to get a third rep, it should be Medusa hands down. I don't necessarily think Medusa will get in this time around, though, and it annoys me but I honestly think Sakurai might choose Hades because he created Hades and Hades tends to be a lot more popular "because he's funny."
He also recreated medusa. Just saying.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, so far we don't get new characters before getting the "old" ones, right? He even "ressurected" Mother Brain's good ol' form for an assist trophy!

We have three special cases, named Fire Emblem, Mother and Pokemon, but there's no real established characters. And as far as I know, we have the two most reccuring heroes for Fire Emblem (but my knowledge about this serie is limited).

Nah, if Sakurai want to put a third Kid Icarus character, I'm pretty sure he'll put the last piece of "Kid Icarus' Triforce". And we already have Palutena (with her powers), Phosphora, Viridi and Magnus to represent Uprising :awesome:

Mars-

Smash Champion
Idk, I had a dream last night that she was a stage hazard on a stage called Medusa's Castle. Kinda like Kraid in brinstar depths. I'm hoping I'm wrong but for some reason my dreams are always correct lol.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If we are basing it on leaks then Rosalina was not in any leak, so using that solely as your basis for characters making the game is wrong. Kirby had 2 additions most likely because sakurai developed the games. And looking at how successful Uprising was I would be surprised if the guy who made it didn't pay homage to his own game. I just find it unlikely that he is limiting himself to one newcomer per series, most series don't need more than one, but if there is any that could get two, it is Kid Icarus.
Rosalina wasn't in the original leak, he spaced characters out to get more attention, and Rosalina was shown before he could reveal her. Easy answer.Kirby had two additions because very popular, prominent, and important Nintendo characters were missing from Melee. He's not specifically limiting himself, I'm just saying it's unlikely we will have multiple because he's broadening the smaller franchises included, and we're already have 90% of the major Nintendo characters playable. He's just branching out now.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Rosalina wasn't in the original leak, he spaced characters out to get more attention, and Rosalina was shown before he could reveal her. Easy answer.Kirby had two additions because very popular, prominent, and important Nintendo characters were missing from Melee. He's not specifically limiting himself, I'm just saying it's unlikely we will have multiple because he's broadening the smaller franchises included, and we're already have 90% of the major Nintendo characters playable. He's just branching out now.
Well, as I stated, we reached the numbers of Brawl's new franchises, 6. I have no doubts we will get more (where are you, Advance Wars?!), but, as someone who wants new franchises, I do admit that we also need to represent the existing series correctly. Considering Kid Icarus is one of Smash Bros main franchise now, that we have "less important characters" as assist trophies and that Medusa is a classic villain who have absolutely no mentions so far, it's fair to think she have a good shot to be playable (not a shoe in, though). She was in Captain N after all! :awesome:
Also, with Villager, and to an extent Wii Fit Trainer (but just because of the sales) and the Miis, I think we have the missing "big names", since Brawl. For example, I see Punch Out as a good ol' classic, but also as a less important serie.

About the leak, I still think there's part of truth (basically, half of the first leak) and part of fake (basically the rest). If he knew about Little Mac, Pac-Man and Miis, I wonder why he wouldn't know about Rosalina. And I think that except the characters shown at E3 2013, the other ones were easy guesses. Time will tell (and it's not really the place to discuss about the leak legitimacy)

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think Sakurai knows about Kid Icarus as a series, and since he knows about Kid Icarus as a series, he would add Medusa before Hades. I'd call that a pretty safe bet.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, as I stated, we reached the numbers of Brawl's new franchises, 6. I have no doubts we will get more (where are you, Advance Wars?!), but, as someone who wants new franchises, I do admit that we also need to represent the existing series correctly. Considering Kid Icarus is one of Smash Bros main franchise now, that we have "less important characters" as assist trophies and that Medusa is a classic villain who have absolutely no mentions so far, it's fair to think she have a good shot to be playable (not a shoe in, though). She was in Captain N after all! :awesome:
Also, with Villager, and to an extent Wii Fit Trainer (but just because of the sales) and the Miis, I think we have the missing "big names", since Brawl. For example, I see Punch Out as a good ol' classic, but also as a less important serie.

About the leak, I still think there's part of truth (basically, half of the first leak) and part of fake (basically the rest). If he knew about Little Mac, Pac-Man and Miis, I wonder why he wouldn't know about Rosalina. And I think that except the characters shown at E3 2013, the other ones were easy guesses. Time will tell (and it's not really the place to discuss about the leak legitimacy)
The second half is at least partially correct. Rhythm Heaven enemies confirmed for Smash Run. Maybe he didn't get the names right, who knows, but he sure as hell got Rhythm Heaven right.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The second half is at least partially correct. Rhythm Heaven enemies confirmed for Smash Run. Maybe he didn't get the names right, who knows, but he sure as hell got Rhythm Heaven right.
Well, I can't deny the presence of Rhythm Heaven content, but I have to see the playable character (I do agree it boost the chances greatly, though). As much as I like the Rhythm Heaven serie, I simply find hard to imagine a playable character (but I'll probably be happy to see one). It is, so far, the only serie with enemies, but without playable characters. I don't think that the Ice Climbers are going to leave, so I don't count them. I also don't count subspace emissary enemies. I wonder if we can count the Yellow Ghost from Find Mii. Technically, the Mii Fighters don't have the crown logo after all :troll:

Mars-

Smash Champion
I don't think the leaks are fake, I think the leaker just doesn't know his **** about nintendo or smash. It would be easy for him to miss a character he didn't know, or perhaps he doesn't have access to all the characters yet which is why they are only leaking a few characters at a time.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
He knew about Rosalina. He didn't leak her beacuse he gets his seconds of importance when he leaks snippits at a time. Rosalina, again, was revealed prior to his second leak, so its not so much that he didnt know of her, but she was revealed before his second round of leaks. He's not a stupid man. He spaces out the leaks, and times them around big events.

Last edited:

Mars-

Smash Champion
He knew about Rosalina. He didn't leak her beacuse he gets his seconds of importance when he leaks snippits at a time. Rosalina, again, was revealed prior to his second leak, so its not so much that he didnt know of her, but she was revealed before his second round of leaks. He's not a stupid man. He spaces out the leaks, and times them around big events.
Do you have a source for this information?

SonicTeam765

Banned via Administration
NNID
SonicTeam765
I would like it if Medusa is in this Smash Bros. One of my favorite Kid Icarus characters and I won't deny the fact that I found her attractive.

majora_787

Smash Hero
You know, after looking at Pac-Man's down special with the fire hydrant, that's how I imagined Medusa's petrification would work. Summoning minions and turning them, items, or opponents to stone where they act as large heavy platforms or obstacles, probably invulnerable to damage. But they can be attacked by anyone to be hurled around the stage and function as large heavy projectiles, not unlike a bonsly or something.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
You know, after looking at Pac-Man's down special with the fire hydrant, that's how I imagined Medusa's petrification would work. Summoning minions and turning them, items, or opponents to stone where they act as large heavy platforms or obstacles, probably invulnerable to damage. But they can be attacked by anyone to be hurled around the stage and function as large heavy projectiles, not unlike a bonsly or something.
Well, I saw that differently, as a more classical stun, affecting only opponents with the ability to carry them like crates (I'm not really into minions, in fact). But that's what makes users dream movesets wonderful: the infinite possibilities! :awesome:

majora_787

Smash Hero
That's all there is left until the game comes out. Uncertainty and despair. We're just going to have to deal for the next 80 days unfortunately.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Are they not revealing any more characters until then? Also what's the chance of them not revealing a new character before release?

jigglover

Smash Lord
Are they not revealing any more characters until then? Also what's the chance of them not revealing a new character before release?
They'll probably release at least 2 more. I would guess Rhythm Heaven representative (Chorus Men are still unlikely imo, but I've felt that Rythm Heaven should have representation since the start of this speculation. I just didn't know enough about the series so I couldn't make any character threads! :p) and maybe Shulk, though he will probably be unlockable, despite being a new series representative.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Surely he would know that Rosaluma was being revealed early, though? If he has so much information...

Besides, it's very likely that Mario newcomers would be announced early on in the leaking proccess, so sal should have put Rosaluma in the first batch. Same with "Pokemon from X&Y" because Sakurai confirmed that his whole character roster was decided upon in full at the beginning of Smash 4's devlopment proccess. If sal got the leaked information he wouldn't have "Pokemon from X&Y" he would have "Greninja". Lots of the picks were ones anyone could have "leaked" and got right (Mega Man, Palutena, Little Mac, Pacman, Mii) and while he's got some off the wall characters like WFT and Chrous Men if they are in, he missed Rosaluma and Greninja, which are considerably more on the wall.

The leak is fake; he just got really lucky with WFT.

majora_787

Smash Hero
My guess is, we'll see two more veteran reveals over July and August, and we'll get one newcomer in August. I doubt it'd be Medusa. We'll probably be waiting for launch on that.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
My guess is, we'll see two more veteran reveals over July and August, and we'll get one newcomer in August. I doubt it'd be Medusa. We'll probably be waiting for launch on that.
Yup, this is the most probable scenario. I think I won't hesitate to spoil myself about the secret characters, with the japanese release being early. It's not like I'm used to it because of Brawl :troll:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yup, this is the most probable scenario. I think I won't hesitate to spoil myself about the secret characters, with the japanese release being early. It's not like I'm used to it because of Brawl :troll:
Yeah no kidding. :\ I'm not about to try to hold out for a whole month just to avoid spoilers. If nothing else though we'll probably have the roster a little before the japanese release, even. So there's that.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yeah no kidding. :\ I'm not about to try to hold out for a whole month just to avoid spoilers. If nothing else though we'll probably have the roster a little before the japanese release, even. So there's that.
Maybe. Maybe I'll try to stay away from the internet for a month. But I don't really want to avoid smash communities, and a wild spoiler can pop any time ._.

Medusa

Smash Rookie
I want to clear a few things up.

You already have a female villain in this game, Palutena. She has her little dog Pit do all her dirty work, for her own selfish reasons, then when Pit needs her help she is nowhere to be found.

Speaking of helping Pit, I did save Pit from Hades, I guess that makes me the real hero (and villain) of Uprising. If it wasn't for me, things might not have turned out so great. Although it really was just a choice between freedom or serving Hades for all eternity, it should be obvious why I intervened when I did. I would have much rather waited for Pit to destroy Hades and then I could have picked off a weakened Pit, much like he did to me.

Anyway, on to the main topic of me being playable, don't make me laugh. I already served as a puppet for Hades, I would NEVER willingly become a puppet for a human. Besides, I have much better things to do then some silly pointless fighting. And as for me being an assist trophy, the last thing I want to do is assist any of you.

Maybe I'll make a background appearance so I can destroy your pitiful characters. Or maybe I won't. There is no more potent poison than hope.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Did Medusa just come to her own support thread to be unsupportive of herself? I don't think most threads can say that. :awesome:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I originally didn't want Medusa in just because I didn't want anyone taking Palutenas spot... But now that Palutenas in, I'd be happy to see medusa get in. As I said in another thread, she would look AMAZING in hd, and we need more villains.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I want to clear a few things up.

You already have a female villain in this game, Palutena. She has her little dog Pit do all her dirty work, for her own selfish reasons, then when Pit needs her help she is nowhere to be found.

Speaking of helping Pit, I did save Pit from Hades, I guess that makes me the real hero (and villain) of Uprising. If it wasn't for me, things might not have turned out so great. Although it really was just a choice between freedom or serving Hades for all eternity, it should be obvious why I intervened when I did. I would have much rather waited for Pit to destroy Hades and then I could have picked off a weakened Pit, much like he did to me.

Anyway, on to the main topic of me being playable, don't make me laugh. I already served as a puppet for Hades, I would NEVER willingly become a puppet for a human. Besides, I have much better things to do then some silly pointless fighting. And as for me being an assist trophy, the last thing I want to do is assist any of you.

Maybe I'll make a background appearance so I can destroy your pitiful characters. Or maybe I won't. There is no more potent poison than hope.
LOL!!!!!!!!!

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Having more villains in the next Smash would be nice. I want more female characters just as much as I want more villains. And with Medusa being a female villain would be great. All problems solved.

Top Bottom