• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] LanSmash thread | Easter LS 2013 (6th/7th April)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
i ordered a copy of melee hooray
time to learn the way of the monkey

+1 ntsc
being able to do cool stuff > balance

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I ***** with roy

puppy I'm disappoint u somehow did much worse this time compared to last haha.
I only remember Roy in doubles. =P Good thing Cal carried me into a second set, where we proceeded to get destroyed by Sheik and Peach.

But yeah, my play was pretty average. That 6-0 was all kinds of brutal. I think I spend too much time playing some of the faster matchups that I'm becoming even ****tier at handling floaty characters. Need to practice with you and Ben more so that I can get better against Marth, Sheik and Peach. Good lord I was getting wrecked by Peach at this tournament.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
aaww yiss sheik in doublez, f-air all day

roy did his fair share of singles ****

I was pretty surprised at that 6-0 too, more so how each match was at least a 2-3 stock win :urg:

mah sheik tho. felt like I was playing a lot safer and not just trying to out prioritise everything u do XD

probs first tourney I haven't used fox, replaced by roy lolololol

faster you play against sheik/peach/marth the better

marth especially, he just cant keep up with fox. I'd get wrecked by average american fox's just because of how quick and technical they are.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Marth's weaknesses are kinda becoming clearer to me. I feel way more comfortable going in against Marth as opposed to Peach/Sheik, but that might be because I've been playing NTSC lately, lol. I guess the same principles apply in PAL, but it'll take longer for me to get the kill.

When you say "the faster you play the better", do you mean more aggressive play? I'm super afraid of being aggressive against Peach because I feel like I'm bound to screw up and get downsmashed. Same sort of thing for Sheik.

S.D

Smash Master
Peach is just dumb. Have to be so precise on all approaches, then from 40% up you can't afford to follow up for fear of nair. All you can do is hit and run.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
does anyone know what i need to run a gamecube on a pc monitor with dvi/vga/hdmi if its possible zac mebe?

or wii i guess

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
iz not reccomended lel, be easier to emulate it and use a GC > USB converter

if u desperado i has spare 34cm CRT lolololol

I've never really tried cause of the monitor response times, lag with LCD's/HDMI etc

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I never understood, why does Brawl/Melee lag on LCD/HDMI?

Is it because both games were made to play in AV?

EDIT: Ready to start playing Melee, don't know who to use out of Jiggs, Marth, Samus or Mewtwo......

J-Birds

Smash Lord
none of the above

was just playing on emu, melee looks so pretty omg
so clean
and crisp
and amazing

Remastered

Smash Lord
Given BC is trying to learn Melee, ever think this might have been a way for him to sit down with someone and be shown the basics, along with a way to become more a part of the melee scene and get to know some people? Perspective and personal tech skills obviously aren't as important as internet tech skills.

Everyone knows the real world is on google, just search it.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Everything anyone needs is readily available. I'm not going to spoon feed you the info.

If you want to learn it, then learn it. Don't post about how you're 'trying' to learn it every few weeks and then do nothing about it as seems to be a common trend on these boards.

Remastered

Smash Lord
The more common trend is how unlikely it is to find any reason to bother with this scene in the first place. Let alone learning the game. I would love to see the amount of people that have turned up to these boards, hoping to learn the game and become a part of this community, only to see your toxic slander of anyone & anything.

Put your double barrel keyboard away for once and just post the link. Who knows, you might even feel better about yourself for doing so. And let's be honest here, improving on a douche can't be that hard.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Anyway, while Zac backs up further into his shoe box of troll retorts, can we get the front page updated with the next lansmash dates etc please Antho?

Looking to take some leave off over the tourney weekend and weeks following. Need to organise some flights and housing for some people for this :)

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Everything anyone needs is readily available. I'm not going to spoon feed you the info.

If you want to learn it, then learn it. Don't post about how you're 'trying' to learn it every few weeks and then do nothing about it as seems to be a common trend on these boards.
I'm not a great person at learning when it comes to things such as reading and watching, I need to have someone actually help me and show me the ropes in person since I learn so much better that way. I can learn from watching and reading off a screen but it is just so much more difficult for me.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Super keen on NTSC setups. BC, I'll gladly walk you through the badassery that Fox is in this game.

Zac, we need more friendlies at this. Give me the key to not being **** plz.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Super keen on NTSC setups. BC, I'll gladly walk you through the badassery that Fox is in this game.

Zac, we need more friendlies at this. Give me the key to not being **** plz.
Thanks, man. I was playing Falco last night after watching Dr. PeePee, I think I get the laser part and some combos (If there classed as combos) but meh. I'll have to wait and see if everything I'm doing is legit at lansmash bahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom