• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] LanSmash thread | Easter LS 2013 (6th/7th April)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I should have beaten you in a set, my plan was to go away after the first match just to calm my nerves a bit. Usually Falco's will take me to SV 2nd match, and I wait out until I'm above 50%. Even if I don't have the lead, just to avoid the CG, Dair combos at low percents, then shield pressure with nado etc.

Frigate match was close if it wasn't for the SD. Would love a rematch again soon.

Sorry for going Luigi/IC's in losers finals. Was so tired by the end of the day. My eyes were so sore, and Jesmo took away my fighting spirit with his Yoshi escapade.

Edit: Sleeping on the floor the night before in my own house due to lack of space didn't help my tiredness. I tried staying awake with the guys the night after the tournament, and ended up asleep on the carpet again. Then fell asleep the next day for 4 hours after doing the train/airport run. So wrecked.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I should have beaten you in a set, my plan was to go away after the first match just to calm my nerves a bit. Usually Falco's will take me to SV 2nd match, and I wait out until I'm above 50%. Even if I don't have the lead, just to avoid the CG, Dair combos at low percents, then shield pressure with nado etc.

Frigate match was close if it wasn't for the SD. Would love a rematch again soon.

Sorry for going Luigi/IC's in losers finals. Was so tired by the end of the day. My eyes were so sore, and Jesmo took away my fighting spirit with his Yoshi escapade.

Edit: Sleeping on the floor the night before in my own house due to lack of space didn't help my tiredness. I tried staying awake with the guys the night after the tournament, and ended up asleep on the carpet again. Then fell asleep the next day for 4 hours after doing the train/airport run. So wrecked.
yeah I feel bad for you. I think you probably should have won set 1, but that side b, edgehog was unfortunate. I'd recommend against frigate against falco because it seriously isn't a bad stage for us.

Jezmo going yoshi even if he did well at first was pretty insulting, so I can understand, but you going Luigi and IC's is understandable, I can't say I'd feel comfortable using Falco against someone who just 3 stocked my main.

all in all though I had so much more fun than i expected from playing some really tough games against you and apollo, so i think ima train up again.

my desire to move to qld has been reignited so I think ima save up for that when i get a job.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh that 3 stocking, was me holding the stick down towards the boundary of the stage every time you hit me off. I didn't DI, didn't fight back for the most part and just got combo'd because I couldn't really be ****ed trying to play a grind against your Falco, which it would have been like the first set.

Good games though, and I legit tried with IC's and Weegee.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
wtf... so now I've tried uploading it directly from windows 7 movie maker... and it only uploads the first 35 seconds... and the quality still sucks...

:/

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I give you a play by play

Match 1:
puppy runs away
zac chases, misses dash attack
puppy does small combo, runs away again
*repeat 2-3 times*
zac loses stock, puppy on 0%
zac gets a grab
puppy loses stock
continues until zac wins
*repeat above for match 2 and 3*

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I didn't realise people still posted here.

Thanks for the housing Matt and getting me to the train juuuuussssssssssttttt on time, so much adrenalin went through me it might of been unhealthy.

I'm really happy with how this went. playing 5th at my third tournament feels pretty good.

Also I'll be getting an NTSC disc so I can pick up P:M.

Toki, post results.. ima da
Also this.

zApollo

Smash Ace
all in all though I had so much more fun than i expected from playing some really tough games against you and apollo, so i think ima train up again.

my desire to move to qld has been reignited so I think ima save up for that when i get a job.
I would love to see your face again at future events, mind you next time we do play I'll have that CG under my belt. Our sets were blast and the best fun I had with brawl for a long time, even though most of them were incredibly campy hehe.

Matt plz pick up brawl again.

Remastered

Smash Lord
You will be happy to know, I have actually picked up the GC control a few times since the last tournament. Watching a few American MK's and some tournament play.

Need some solid work on that Wario MU though. I hate Wario so much.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
clearly all the important matches should go up first, like toki and aero vs bob and arrow...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i personally dislike it when the important matches go up first. if i watch grand finals first then winners finals and losers finals are both ruined. gotta have the correct flow. uploading in chronological order ftw.

edit: wait, since when did smashboards tell you what gender posters are? that's so messed up

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
You can turn the gender thing on and off.

You can even have an "unknown" gender, which is pretty hilarious imo.

I DONT KNOW MY GENDER GUYS; UNKNOWN

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I find this gender thing useless.

Also
Results:
[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

1st: Apollo :warioc::zerosuitsamus:
2nd: Scoot :falco:
3rd: Archaze :metaknight:
4th: Jezmo :metaknight:
5th: BC :lucario:
5th: Gords :toonlink:
6th: Blade :kirby2:
6th: Aerodrome :sheilda: :wolf:
7th: Smoking Puppy :marth:
7th: Toki :random:
7th: Tiahn :pikachu2:
7th: Arrow :metaknight:
8th: Zydro :metaknight:
8th: Kieran :samus2:
8th: Kaion :olimar: :popo:
8th: Vyse :diddy:

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I wasn't sure how it was done so I made the same bracket as this and this is what I got, the bracket image is the bracket used on Toki's laptop.

Fixed it all up because I'm a cool kid.

Results:
[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

1st: Apollo :warioc::zerosuitsamus:
2nd: Scoot :falco:
3rd: Archaze :metaknight:
4th: Jezmo :metaknight:
5th: BC :lucario:
5th: Gords :toonlink:
7th: Blade :kirby2:
7th: Aerodrome :sheilda: :wolf:
8th: Smoking Puppy :marth:
8th: Toki :random:
8th: Tiahn :pikachu2:
8th: Arrow :metaknight:
13th: Zydro :metaknight:
13th: Kieran :samus2:
13th: Kaion :olimar: :popo:
13th: Vyse :diddy:

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Pro tips on how to play Fox:

1. Dash attack all the time always.
2. Occasionally use up smash. And by occasionally I mean all the time always. Don't worry if you miss, just keep hitting that c-stick.
3. Don't worry about DI. Dash attack and up smash will keep you covered.

If anyone wants any lessons I can teach you more but I'll have to charge.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Shh, that was going to be apart of my paid lessons.

Seriously though, when you get the chance would you be able to critique my Fox? I know you hate the Marth match up but you know a lot more about it than me, haha.

S.D

Smash Master
Samus is a fine choice, particularly in Australia where the matchup experience vs Samus is limited. It is harder to achieve success but it's definitely possible. I endorse your decision.

SP: I'll take a closer look when I get a chance, from what I remember you need to push your openings a bit harder. Just keep 4 stocking people and you'll be right.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
samus is one of those quick reward characters like peach/jiggs/shiek. you can be crap with them but because the scene is so average you can still place in the top half of a tourney lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom