• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
With our support for this forgotten fairy... in which I really hope it doesn't stop, that can change.
I want it to change as well. Panel de Pon deserves to be one of Nintendo's flagship puzzle games (although I suck at puzzle games lol). They just didn't bring over the fairies because they are basically too japanese in their minds although they have started to change that mindset (Fire Emblem Amie)

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
I want it to change as well. Panel de Pon deserves to be one of Nintendo's flagship puzzle games (although I suck at puzzle games lol). They just didn't bring over the fairies because they are basically too japanese in their minds although they have started to change that mindset (Fire Emblem Amie)
I know, rite? This is ridiculous! I think you need to spread the word more about Lip around the forums, including her stick. She needs us.... and we need her.

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
How would that get you in trouble exactly?
OK, here goes. Time to take things in a much more dramatic effect. I hope this plan of mine works... *gulp*

ALL RIGHT, PUZZLE TROOPERS, LINE UP! Sorry for shouting, people...
@ Kawai nic Kawai nic , @ N N. Onymous , @JBRPG, @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ , @Taigiry, @ FalKoopa FalKoopa , @LipFlare, @ PsychoJosh PsychoJosh , @smashkirby, @Oracle_Summon, @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman , @Mikegamer0608, @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux , @CH4F, @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , @MainJPW, @lightdasher, and you too @ POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA , listen up! If we want to see Lip in Smash Brothers, then listen up my big bad puzzling army of Lip supporters, it's time we take some drastic measures. For those that have a Twitter like your Puzzle Chief does, I want all of you to tweet Smashified to request Lip! Together, as a family AND a team, we can accomplish of who we wanna see 14 years ago. I've made a promise to help Lip get in the game, and with all your kindness, care, and support, we can fulfill it together! BUT, for those that DON'T have a Twitter, you can always comment on Smashified's YouTube channel and use the #Smashified hashtag on Twitter, and don't forget Tumblr. So without further ado, my puzzling people, company, forward, TWEET!

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
OK, here goes. Time to take things in a much more dramatic effect. I hope this plan of mine works... *gulp*

@ Kawai nic Kawai nic , @ N N. Onymous , @JBRPG, @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ , @Taigiry, @ FalKoopa FalKoopa , @LipFlare, @ PsychoJosh PsychoJosh , @smashkirby, @Oracle_Summon, @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman , @Mikegamer0608, @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux , @CH4F, @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , @MainJPW, @lightdashe and you too @ POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA , listen up! If we want to see Lip in Smash Brothers, then listen up my big bad puzzling army of Lip supporters, it's time we take some drastic measures. For those that have a Twitter like your Puzzle Chief does, I want all of you to tweet Smashified to request Lip! Together, as a family AND a team, we can accomplish of who we wanna see 14 years ago. I've made a promise to help Lip get in the game, and with all your kindness, care, and support, we can fulfill it together! BUT, for those that DON'T have a Twitter, you can always comment on Smashified's YouTube channel and use the #Smashified hashtag on Twitter, and don't forget Tumblr. So without further ado, my puzzling people, company, forward, TWEET!
I'll ask once Isaac comes out. I like to ask once per video that comes out.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

@ Kawai nic Kawai nic , @ N N. Onymous , @JBRPG, @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ , @Taigiry, @ FalKoopa FalKoopa , @LipFlare, @ PsychoJosh PsychoJosh , @smashkirby, @Oracle_Summon, @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman , @Mikegamer0608, @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux , @CH4F, @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , @MainJPW, @lightdashe and you too @ POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA , listen up! If we want to see Lip in Smash Brothers, then listen up my big bad puzzling army of Lip supporters, it's time we take some drastic measures. For those that have a Twitter like your Puzzle Chief does, I want all of you to tweet Smashified to request Lip! Together, as a family AND a team, we can accomplish of who we wanna see 14 years ago. I've made a promise to help Lip get in the game, and with all your kindness, care, and support, we can fulfill it together! BUT, for those that DON'T have a Twitter, you can always comment on Smashified's YouTube channel and use the #Smashified hashtag on Twitter, and don't forget Tumblr. So without further ado, my puzzling people, company, forward, TWEET!
Time to target the old Omni man's account in the best way possible. We want to se that Lip goodness in his style.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Well, I don't have a twitter account that I can use, but I did post some support on his latest video for Shantae.

Here's an idea... why not try a thunderclap campaign? That should get peoples' attention.

https://www.thunderclap.it/

How it works is, you create a tweet on this website with all the relevant hashtags, and that creates a link you can send around to get everyone to pledge their own social media accounts to it. Then, when a certain date arrives, everyone who signed up for the thunderclap will automatically tweet/post/blog the tweet that you created. It's quite simple and ingenious for small campaigns like this.

Problem is, each thunderclap needs at least 100 people in order to succeed. You think you'd be able to round up 100 twitter users for Lip? Let's give it a try. Anyone wanna start it? I would, but I can't, because as I said I have no usable twitter.

Let's decide on what we want to tweet, and then do it.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well you really want to target the @Smashified account.

EVERYONE TWEET AT @Smashified NOT @ArtsyOmni.
Affirmative. Going to strike that place immediately with the request and some art to accompany it. @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever taught me this trick and it would give them an idea of who we're talking about (especially for the more obscure characters).

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Affirmative. Going to strike that place immediately with the request and some art to accompany it. @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever taught me this trick and it would give them an idea of who we're talking about (especially for the more obscure characters).
Oh, and if you have multiple people, take the time to talk a bit about the character between these two people.
Keep Smashified mentioned in these conversations, post images in them and you got yourself a good fav bomb.
Summon Nathaniel to the craze by mentioning how great the Panel de Pon/Smash remix would be, talk about how hard the flower textures/whatever would be hard to draw about Lip, post a few examples of art (image heavy Twitter likes this) and if you keep Smashified mentioned (NOT OMNI) "by accident", your mini-commercial gets copy-pasted to his favorite feed.

Also, if you post on YT, be sure to post on both the Commemtary and No Commentary video to create the illusion people like the character :,,) (Morton Koopa taught me this one)

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice

Roger ! Mission started !

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

@ Kawai nic Kawai nic , @ N N. Onymous , @JBRPG, @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ , @Taigiry, @ FalKoopa FalKoopa , @LipFlare, @ PsychoJosh PsychoJosh , @smashkirby, @Oracle_Summon, @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman , @Mikegamer0608, @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux , @CH4F, @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , @MainJPW, @lightdasher, and you too @ POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA , listen up! If we want to see Lip in Smash Brothers, then listen up my big bad puzzling army of Lip supporters, it's time we take some drastic measures. For those that have a Twitter like your Puzzle Chief does, I want all of you to tweet Smashified to request Lip! Together, as a family AND a team, we can accomplish of who we wanna see 14 years ago. I've made a promise to help Lip get in the game, and with all your kindness, care, and support, we can fulfill it together! BUT, for those that DON'T have a Twitter, you can always comment on Smashified's YouTube channel and use the #Smashified hashtag on Twitter, and don't forget Tumblr. So without further ado, my puzzling people, company, forward, TWEET!
Conveniently, that's exactly what I planned to do. Once Isaac was out I planed to vote Lip until until she got @Smashifies, then I was done with Smashified.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Yep, once we get Lip Smashified, I'm content. He already did K. Rool, so... : P

Time to dust off that Twitter account and get moving, I guess!

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Thanks, everyone. So, @ N N. Onymous , when's this gonna get uploaded to F Yeah Panel de Pon? It has more characters from more franchises, so that means more tags and more fans can vote!

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
While I don't have a twitter myself, I'll start trying to make requests in the comment section of the Youtube videos, if that's alright. A Smashified Lip would be pretty cool to see!
I wish there was more I could do. I mean, I have a tumblr thing, but alas it's sort of lousy. You guys are my only spark of hope for seeing Lip ever make an appearance ;u;

Last edited:

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
HANG ON EVERYONE! I've found something shocking, SO RARE, that even all the users would see to believe. This is a very rare treasure. But whilst I was watching an E3 1996 video, I've discovered something that wasn't in the final version of Tetris Attack... ladies & gentlemen, I give you the BETA TITLE SCREEN of Tetris Attack on the SNES!!!

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Um... okay. And?

What's so noteworthy about it? It's just the title screen with placeholder text instead of a logo.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
There's more differences than that. The copyright text is different and it looks like the top two Baby Yoshis were repositioned, but that's about it.

It's still kinda neat to see the changes they made during the development process, but I'm still curious to find out if somewhere, in some Nintendo backroom, there's a 100% or mostly complete English translation of the original Panel de Pon that got shelved after it didn't test well, on account of it being 1995-1996. It's possible, don't look at me like that.

Maybe they could release it on Virtual Console like they did with Mother 1...

Last edited:

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
We can all dream and wish for an English-translated Panel de Pon by using this hashtag on Twitter, not to mention Miiverse posts requesting it to happen.
#PaneldePonNA

Here's a good US title of mine: Puzzle League Prologues

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Please put me on supporters list!!! LIP WOULD BE BRILLIANT! Maybe get rid of the Lip's stick as an item when she comes.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I don't think the Lip's Stick will ever vanish. If Lip makes it in, it will probably stay and she'll get to use a stronger/more permanent version of it as one of her B-moves. Remember that the Screw Attack was added to the series after Samus had already been around for a game and the Fire Flower has been an item since day one, so having a weapon that's strongly associated with a character as an item doesn't mean that character can't be in the game.

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
anyone know how popular in the ballot she is?
She'll become more popular if the fans, that's us, vote for her more often.

Oh, and I got great news that'll up Lip's chances! Sakurai, or in the words of Etika, Daddy Sakurai, has stated that Ryu, Roy, and Lucas were all in development before the Smash Ballot was confirmed on April 1st!

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
No one knows how well Lip is doing in the ballot, but if Rate Their Chances is any indication, there's a depressing amount of people who just dismiss her out of principle because "I've never heard of her, therefore no one has, therefore she has no chance."

The way I see it, though, one well-written and convincing ballot entry has more push and more oomph than 100 "Isaac - Pls samurai :'(" or "Lanky Kong - he has no style he has no grace" entries.

Oh, and I got great news that'll up Lip's chances! Sakurai, or in the words of Etika, Daddy Sakurai, has stated that Ryu, Roy, and Lucas were all in development before the Smash Ballot was confirmed on April 1st!
This makes me feel extremely giddy for some reason and I don't know why. ^^

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Well duh, literally no one wanted Ryu.

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
I have spotted one thing : In Smash 4, we had a new item, the Hocotate Bomb, that is just the Dolphin. When I saw it first time, I thinked Olimar will have a new Final Smash, but he still have the same. So, the item is it a real obstacle ?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I have spotted one thing : In Smash 4, we had a new item, the Hocotate Bomb, that is just the Dolphin. When I saw it first time, I thinked Olimar will have a new Final Smash, but he still have the same. So, the item is it a real obstacle ?
Not really if she does something different with it (it'd be weird if she picked up the item though). Now Assist trophies is a whole different story.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The news of Roy, Ryu and Lucas being in development before the ballot was kind of obvious if you ask me. An official confirmation does save us from unnecessary arguing though.

Though the "fanservice" bit has me worried that popularity really is going to be a huge factor and a problem for Lip.

:231:

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

well, thought that it was obvious enough they were developed before smash ballot lol.

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Always great for Sakurai to give us DLC news about Ryu, Roy, and Lucas! Now Lip's chances are higher! Doubled, ladies & gentlemen! But we need to continue our support, for July is dead ahead!

Top Bottom