• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I generally assume her "default" design to be blue belt with the white stripe on her skirt. Who knows, maybe she has pink belts and blue belts. ^^ For the record, I'm okay with minor design changes so long as she still looks like Lippy.

I prefer the smaller boots too.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I kinda like the smaller ones more. Maybe because it feels more tight and compact. Quick movement-feel?

Also goodness Taigiry, you're really doing amazing job on trying to recreate Lip from scratch so far! Keep up the good work!

D

Deleted member

So, smaller boots it is then. Though I don't feel like doing anything right now, so I guess I'll wait, just in case I get more opinions.

I generally assume her "default" design to be blue belt with the white stripe on her skirt. Who knows, maybe she has pink belts and blue belts. ^^ For the record, I'm okay with minor design changes so long as she still looks like Lippy.
Well, I remembered where I got the idea for the layered skirt from, it's from here. Just like how I got the idea for the little belt on her boots and the slight heels from here.

I suppose I tend to get influenced a bit too easily, he. But outta curiousity, what wouldn't you consider, as you call it, "like Lippy"?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I suppose I tend to get influenced a bit too easily, he. But outta curiousity, what wouldn't you consider, as you call it, "like Lippy"?
Basically, so long as she's drawn cutely, wears the clothes she does here or close enough, has her hair drawn right, and I can recognize her. That aged-up drawing you posted last page isn't "like Lip", it looks more like a generic anime girl with some coincidental similarities. She's supposed to be young-ish (I headcanon her as being around 11 or 12 personally).

Last edited:

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Smaller ones are more accurate to her canon portrayal, I think.

EDIT: oh, somehow I didn't notice all the extra posts. I was saying that in response to the boots, which have already been decided.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, 4-1 for the smaller ones, that's pretty clear then... I'll use the bigger ones, haha. Kidding, the smaller ones it is.

In fact, I already changed the boots as I write this. Also adjusted the hair a bit. I suppose she's nearly done by now.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Finally, I can write in the thread that I always wanted to join!
So...Assuming that there's still support for Lip in Smash 4, how do I sign up?
I'm playing the original SFC version on WiiU, and it's turning out to be pretty fun. I definately would like to see Lip among the other many Smashers!

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
You simply state your support as you did just now! Nothing fancy for signing up!

Welcome aboard<3

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Thanks! I hope I can contribute more to this thread later on...
Btw, does anyone know when and where that picture of Lip's stick in Smash 4 originally was? I can't find its origins...

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Thanks! I hope I can contribute more to this thread later on...
Btw, does anyone know when and where that picture of Lip's stick in Smash 4 originally was? I can't find its origins...
It was from a press kit released shortly after the Smash Direct back in April iirc. Also, welcome! It's always great to have new supporters for Lip!

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
It was from a press kit released shortly after the Smash Direct back in April iirc. Also, welcome! It's always great to have new supporters for Lip!
Found it, thanks.
Hmm...I don't know what to make out of this. I mean, both the Screw Attack and the Hocotate Bomb are items that use a fighter's attack, so I could still see Lip's Stick both an item and Lip's A moves...
This has been talked over plenty, isn't it.

Oh, and nice to meet you. I've been wanting to enter this forum for a full week, but I couldn't sign in becuase of me being stupid.
(I put in "Robin" as a fighter in the last question lol)
By the way, if you need me to do anything related to Japanese, I'm all yours. I live in Japan, so I suppose it'll be easier for me to gather Japanese-only info than most people...Anyone else living in Japan here?

D

Deleted member

Alright guys, gotta leave in a short while, so I'll just ask a short question:
Alternatively, I could just reuse the Pikmin flower from before, I mean, that one didn't look too bad either
So basically, which one of those 4 would you guys prefer?

Luminario

Smash Lord
Alright guys, gotta leave in a short while, so I'll just ask a short question:
Alternatively, I could just reuse the Pikmin flower from before, I mean, that one didn't look too bad either
So basically, which one of those 4 would you guys prefer?
If you're going for classic then definitely the Pikmin flower but the third choice works for a fresher look. I'd say the Pikmin flower myself.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
This work is awesome! Anyway, I'd go with the third flower. The Pikmin one is more similar to the classic one, but I like the third better. Maybe the central part should be slighty bigger though (not too much).

D

Deleted member

So... right now it's one vote for #3 and one vote for #4, eh?

Anyway, entering the final stretch:

D

Deleted member

Oh right, I completely forgot, something unrelated to the Lip model, except not quite. I actually did some SSB64 textures in the past, including a bit PdP stuff:

Those glorious 64 graphics, haha. Well, SSB64 is still a damn good game regardless, even if somewhat dated. At least Mario and Pikachu didn't suck. Well, just figured you guys might want to have a good laugh at dated stuff.

Either Pikmin flower or the one on the right.
That doesn't help me at all, duh.

D

Deleted member

You guys were a bit too late, I'm sorry to say.

Anyway, before going to bed, I'll just leave that here:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
So, two big or three (possibly four) small beads? I'd go with two big, because again it's closer to the official artwork.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I prefer the two big ones.

The model is looking great, by the way. I really can't wait to try it.

D

Deleted member

Actually, I am done with the model now, all that's missing is some texture stuff.

Anyway, I hope you guys didn't expect me to make some more PdP stuff directly afterwards, because if that's the case, I'm sorry to say that won't be the case. I'll try my hand at Takamaru after Lip's done, so it might take a while until I do more PdP stuff.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Honestly, I'm just glad to have a 3D model of Lippy that isn't heavily stylized. ^^

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That Lip model looks sweet. Absolutely amazing work, Taigiry!

Is it a Brawl hack, or just a model you did?

D

Deleted member

Well, she's finished... or rahter, they are finished. Tow Lips for the price of one, as I promised:
And for those who dislike the new skirt, I'll probably make a model with the old one there, that should make everyone happy, haha.
Although, I did a bit more and made a "classic" Lip, so to say, having a simpler skirt, no belts around the waist and boots, no slight heels and that turtleneck thingy:

Looks much better than that crappy old model. Might do some recolors tomorrow, and then I'll start Takamaru.

That Lip model looks sweet. Absolutely amazing work, Taigiry!

Is it a Brawl hack, or just a model you did?
Thanks. If people want to import it, they are free to do so, I'm not doing anything though. Can't be bothered with all that rigging stuff.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
They both look great! I'm really looking forward to trying this out if someone wants to import it into the game.

I'd like to use Alice as well! You've done some great work!

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
She looks adorable, Tai. ^^

The best version of the model would I think have the neckline from the "classic" model, but the other improvements from the updated one.

Your move, P:M. : P

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, she's finished... or rahter, they are finished. Tow Lips for the price of one, as I promised:
Although, I did a bit more and made a "classic" Lip, so to say, having a simpler skirt, no belts around the waist and boots, no slight heels and that turtleneck thingy:

Looks much better than that crappy old model. Might do some recolors tomorrow, and then I'll start Takamaru.

Thanks. If people want to import it, they are free to do so, I'm not doing anything though. Can't be bothered with all that rigging stuff.
Sweet Jesus! That looks amazing!!! But is it me, or is her eyes a little different? IIRC, they're blue, right?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Something just occured to me. If/when (but let's be honest here, it's more likely the latter) it turns out that Lip isn't in the game and this thread gets locked... where are we going to go? It's not like there are any big Panel de Pon forums out there. Should we just start a general PDP discussion thread somewhere in the gaming discussion board?

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Is there really any reason for this thread to get locked? I mean, if Lip isn't on the roster then that's sad for all of us, but there's still other things going on in this topic. People are still discussing potential movesets and concepts and there's plenty of custom content being created and shared here. The topic still has a purpose.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
You've got a point. ^^ IIRC there was a Lip for Brawl thread somewhere that was either locked or got deleted or vanished into the aether somewhere, so I was kind of worried. But so long as this topic still has a shelf life...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Is there really any reason for this thread to get locked? I mean, if Lip isn't on the roster then that's sad for all of us, but there's still other things going on in this topic. People are still discussing potential movesets and concepts and there's plenty of custom content being created and shared here. The topic still has a purpose.
From what I've heard, all support threads and the entire speculation forum will get closed until the next game comes around. It will likely be active 2-3 months after the game releases, maybe more if DLC is announced, but otherwise they will get closed eventually. That said, I cannot confirm this, I just heard it from someone else.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
If that really is the case (@ Hong Hong you're one of us, let us know!), then we could take the mod discussion into a new thread in the Brawl modding forums. Or if you all want to be together on a personal level, we could gather up on skype or something.

Hong

The Strongest
The character threads for characters who are not confirmed will be archived at some point post release, effectively locking them. Should there be an announcement for them as DLC in the future, we can unearth the support thread for that character. That aside, basically everything on the character forum save the character sub-forums will be more or less gone.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Not sure how feasible this would be - it would probably seem like special treatment to some people, after all - but we could ask a mod to move the thread into the general gaming discussion and retitle it to "Panel de Pon General".

Last edited:
Top Bottom