• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

Hong

The Strongest
Lip's my darling and I'd love to see her.

But I'd have to see how they implement her before I celebrate.

D

Deleted member

Doubtful, from what I've read it seems to be Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles... I think). I did read that someone (developer, voice actor... I dunno, but someone that has to do with the game) retweeted the news. Same thing happened with Little Mac, Next Level Games retweeted the Nintendo Direct news when Mac was announced.

Would be nice, but logically speaking, chances are next to none.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Doubtful, from what I've read it seems to be Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles... I think). I did read that someone (developer, voice actor... I dunno, but someone that has to do with the game) retweeted the news. Same thing happened with Little Mac, Next Level Games retweeted the Nintendo Direct news when Mac was announced.

Would be nice, but logically speaking, chances are next to none.
Basically. I think Gematsu-leaks made me lose all hype towards character speculation, really. But even then, Lip's Stick was already here (and I saw Garbage Block appear multiple times during the SSB4-gameplay videos with Kirby in them.).

I'd be definitely flabbergasted to no end, that I'd say only here.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Basically. I think Gematsu-leaks made me lose all hype towards character speculation, really. But even then, Lip's Stick was already here (and I saw Garbage Block appear multiple times during the SSB4-gameplay videos with Kirby in them.).

I'd be definitely flabbergasted to no end, that I'd say only here.
Yep... Gematsu killed it all. For me, anyway. Hopes, speculation, etc.

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
I would cry tears of joy if out of nowhere for no reason at all it was her... but at this point I'm pretty I'm going in with very low hopes of her being in at all.
I'm desperately hoping for an assist trophy, at least!

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I would cry tears of joy if out of nowhere for no reason at all it was her... but at this point I'm pretty I'm going in with very low hopes of her being in at all.
LOVE your avatar!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'd support Lip for DLC, though it would be strange with Lip's Stick being an item. Unless they removed it or something.

I think I saw something about a Panel de Pon fan art book somewhere, but I can't find it. Does anyone know about it?

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Your icon is a reworked art of Lip's appearance in Puzzle League on GB. Awesome!

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
Your icon is a reworked art of Lip's appearance in Puzzle League on GB. Awesome!
Yup! I'm not one for trace-over's, but I did it to this one cause I thought it looked cute enough to make into an avatar for this whole "tumblr ask blog" thing I've been trying to make as of late featuring Lip.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Yup! I'm not one for trace-over's, but I did it to this one cause I thought it looked cute enough to make into an avatar for this whole "tumblr ask blog" thing I've been trying to make as of late featuring Lip.
I thought that icon looked familiar fairyofflowers :p
also for the reveals just hope for the best and expect the worst. that way we're either right or pleasantly surprised. I for one love being both.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I'm expecting Shulk, considering the all-but-fact-by-now Gematsu and the Monolith Soft retweet and everything, but I'd love to be surprised, as unlikely as it seems. If I'm not, we'll wait for the DLC. If she isn't there either, we'll just have to push for Project M as hard as we possibly can.

Edit: Nope, Salromano confirms - it's Shulk. We'll wait for the DLC.

---

Reminder to vote Lip for Project M, if you haven't already! Remember, she needs all the help she can get!

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
My hopes were dashed the minute I saw Garbage Block Kirby, to be honest. Fingers crossed for something, though. Lip's Stick and a small handful of stickers as the only representation PDP is getting ain't gonna cut it anymore, and if Sakurai/Nintendo still think they will, we're going to have to change their minds somehow.

Last edited:

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Oh, I figured that was you. I've been following (and asking) that blog for a little while now.

I analyzed (and colored) those old GB graphics a while ago, and I think that mugshot of Lip is actually a mugshot of Furil. Could be wrong, though.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Gosh, you're right. Wow. That's actually a pretty funny mistake on my part.

That's Lip, 100% my bad.

D

Deleted member

Well, all you people who lost their hype because of the Gameatsu "leak", today Chrom was decomfirmed as a newcomer, a guy who was on the list. So... rejoice, I guess, haha.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Well, all you people who lost their hype because of the Gameatsu "leak", today Chrom was decomfirmed as a newcomer, a guy who was on the list. So... rejoice, I guess, haha.
AND no Shulk. I guess MY most wanted is still in the running too,.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Well, today was a doozy. Not only was the reveal not Shulk, we also got the one-two deconfirmation of Chrom and subsequently the official debunking of Gematsu.
Salromano's word is no longer law. Lip is probably still not playable, but her odds are a lot better than they were - if Gematsu was true, Shulk's reveal would mean her official decon. Fingers crossed, let's hope for the best!

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
Well, this increased my hope in Lip a little more today... What, with the debunking of Gematsu and all.
Granted, her chances are still small, but I still have hopes!

D

Deleted member

Would be nice to see a Lip alt for Peach, in all honesty. That is, if Lip herself doesn't make it in.
Like this?
Haha...ha... oh boy, do I feel old now.

How's the model coming along anyway, if ya don't mind me asking.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Like this?
Haha...ha... oh boy, do I feel old now.

How's the model coming along anyway, if ya don't mind me asking.
Lol, thanks, Tai. XD (is older than you lol) JK.

The guy is also having a tough time, but he's persevering, loving a challenge.

Hong

The Strongest
At least the leak has been flattened.

SmashBoards speculation is at peace. :D

I honestly think Lip's Stick being an item is about as consequential as the Star Rod. Not saying she is likely, but again, my rather low expectations have not become any lower.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
The "Lip Leak" (Snake, Ness, Lucas, Falco, Wolf, Lip, Pac-Man, K. Rool) is still kicking, though after the Salromano hoodoo it's probably best to distrust any leak on principle.

Hong

The Strongest
Can we just stop paying any credence to leaks that don't show us a working product?

Unless you are merely curious. But whatever the case, consider it fanfic.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Can we just stop paying any credence to leaks that don't show us a working product?

Unless you are merely curious. But whatever the case, consider it fanfic.
...I was curious. I never believed it for a sec. It just got a fangasm started in me. XD

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
Since Snake is apparently in said leak, I'm not gonna buy it, unfortunately ^^;
I'm pretty neutral with characters returning/not returning, but the one character I want to see not come back is Snake... I love me some Metal Gear, but he just... Feels uncomfortable to me. wasn't the only reason he made it in the first place was because Kojima begged Sakurai, anyway? ^^;

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Snake had precedence. Every guest star character that's been in the games has appeared on a Nintendo console at some point or another. Besides, it fits his character. Snake always finds himself in bizarre over-the-top situations (poisonous Zanzibar hamsters? A boss who can read the save data off your memory card?) and manages to keep a straight face throughout all of them. A lot of the humor in the games comes from strange happenings which would probably be tongue-in-cheek elsewhere being played seriously. In that respect, he's as good a fit for the game as anyone else.

I'm not going to put too much faith in the Lip Leak myself because, well, it's an anonymous 4chan leak and anyone can make those, plus there was really no reason for Garbage Block Kirby to not come back. I hope it's got some basis in reality though.

D

Deleted member

Lip "leak"? The "Miss Tetris" one? I vaguely remember reading about it. Or is there another one I don't know? I always enjoy hearing about them, because they're a glorified game of bingo, if nothing else.

Unrelated, but with the Lip import we're (hopefully) getting, I decided to actually make something else. I'm not sure why myself, but I figured people here might be interested in seeing it?

Of course there's still a lot of stuff missing, hehe. But PdP needs more 3d representation, I think.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Nah, it's simply the Miss Tetris one, which is pretty much forgotten at this point.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
The Miss Tetris/GaeozHero and Lip leaks are two different beasts. One stated her identity outright, the other just implied it. GaeozHero got some things right (Diddy, Palutena, Master Ball, Zelda and Rosalina with helpers, Lip's Stick), but some things wrong too (the biggest being when "Miss Tetris" was going to be revealed), so don't take it as fact just yet. Or possibly, at all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, so there are two different Lip "leaks"? Never heard of the second one, but now I'm somewhat curious. Not that I'm buying it, though, I generally doubt any "leak", even the Gameatsu when everybody already claimed it as fact.

Taigiry is a pretty darn good modeler, I have to say.
Thanks, but I disagree. Basically, my method is to throw everything at a wall and see what sticks, with slight modifications if needed. It's less modeling and more having luck finding the things I need.

As for progress, nothing special, but hey, at least there's a ground now, with a Mario to visualize the size, haha. Obviously quite a lot of details are still missing.
And you could probably have guessed already, but I'm using this picture as a reference, naturally with a few artistic liberties.

Delicious Tears

Smash Journeyman
Guys, my friend at Namco Bandai told me that Lip is secretly in the game. She's a ninja hidden on every single stage, even the FD version of stages. Every 69 seconds, there's a 0.01% chance that she will do her super ultra speed attack on a random fighter, and instantly kill that player.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Well my dad is Namco-Bandai and he told me Lip will be in Smash Bros. 10, so there.

---

Ooh, a stage! Looks very nice, but maybe a little too big. Where'd you get the ground texture from?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ooh, a stage! Looks very nice, but maybe a little too big. Where'd you get the ground texture from?
The plattform consists of three different parts stitched together:
the bottom part is a plattform from Summit,
the ground is the main plattform from Green Greens (Melee),
and the hill in the background is an island from Delfino Island, just swapped the sand texture with the grass one.

As for the size, I agree it looks too big and toned it down a bit already. If you mean the length though, it's as long as Final Destination.

Top Bottom