• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
he could have just picked all the believable stuff, but mewtwo cut, but a part of the storyline sounds possible...
Agreed, it goes along with CZ's information quite nicely.

Only problem is the Blaziken part when we already have Torchic as a pokeball Pokemon. Unless, Sakurai is bending the rules. =\

cswright

Smash Apprentice
im not up to pokemon standards, why is this a problem? is it an evolve of another or something?

also:
from the leaker -
You're probably wondering "Back so soon?" Well, I just got off of AIM with a friend of mine (one of the sources) and I got one new piece of info.I asked if I could reveal it, he said it was no problem. So basically, I've received word that movesets from older characters have been passed on to new ones in order to give the older ones new movesets. They're not carbon copy movesets, though, they've been tweaked. Sounds interesting, huh? I thought so:)

this lines up with the one today that said ness has new moves and is playable

EPX2

Smash Ace
Edit: I can also argue Nintendo marketing push. Out with the old and in with the new. Can anybody say, Ike?
Can anybody say, "Ike's inclusion doesn't necessarily mean that Marth and/or Roy will be excluded" and "Marth will obviously return, as he's undeniably the face of Fire Emblem and Sakurai wouldn't stupid enough to exclude such a significant character"?

Smash Bros has always gone with the newest and popular
How are you making this conclusion when there's only be two SSB games released so far? You can't determine a pattern from only two instances.

Mewtwo out, Lucario in. Living in denial isn't going to help.
Believing the daily rumor as gospel isn't going to help, either.

A new one! XD If he is telling he truth, then Mewtwo must have a major role in Subspace Emissary o.O What do you guys think? (I hope this one hasn't been posted yet :O)
I think he's just riding on the "prophet/insider" bandwagon.

Mm... that's about the only thing that would debunk that guy. I'll remain skeptical though.
You'll remain skeptical when this guy has already been proven to be lying?

Edit: "Proven" was definitely the wrong word to use there. However, you'll still remain skeptical when it's pretty likely, with all things considered, that he's lying?

Revven

FrankerZ
You'll remain skeptical when this guy has already been proven to be lying?

Edit: "Proven" was definitely the wrong word to use there. However, you'll still remain skeptical when it's pretty likely, with all things considered, that he's lying?
Yes because you can't always rule everyone out, especially when it came to Melee's roster. Nobody believed that guy when he came along three weeks or more before Melee's release and lo and behold it was true. Every single one of these "leakers" I'm remaining skeptical on (except for nin10dough, his is just not believable at all). Nothing disproves them 100% until it is put onto the DOJO!! It's likely he is lying but, has he been proven to be lying yet? No.

I'm waiting until something either proves them right or something proves them wrong on the DOJO!!

cswright

Smash Apprentice
leak guy again on gamefaqs:

"1. Blaziken Can't Be a Pokeball if Torchic is: Keep in mind this is what I've been told. Nothing is set in stone until Brawl, but I feel as if my sources are reliable. This is what I've been told. Blaziken, keep in mind, was highly requested after Brawl's announcement and is easily one of the most popular Pokemon of 3rd Generation. However, its popularity subsided after some time. I believe this one not just due to sources but due to logic.

2. Excitebike Can't Be a Stage, It Has No Logo: I said before, not all series being represented will have a character. to clarify that, I was referring to the fact that these series include those without icons, such as Devil World, Sin and Punishment, and Stafy. I can't say if all series with icons have characters, but how do we know that if it has no logo, it has no stage? Brawl is not Melee. It is Brawl. "

EDIT: aaaand hes shut down.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
A new one! XD If he is telling he truth, then Mewtwo must have a major role in Subspace Emissary o.O What do you guys think? (I hope this one hasn't been posted yet :O)
It's pretty believeable, but only because he hasn't revealed anything out of the ordinary. Luigi and Ganondorf return? Expected. Green Hill? Likely. Luigi uses the Poltergust? Possible. The rest isn't all that important, since when it comes to items and assist trophies pretty-much anything is possible.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
I didn't read anything about Mewtwo in your quote.
Well he says a character that is cut from Melee will have a major role in the Subspace Emissary. And ChaosZero says Mewtwo is cut. So seeing how's he's a villain, it makes perfect sense XD Well partial villain :O

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
meh, he said a cut veteran is in the SSE story, leading most to say mewtwo is an integral part of the storyline since it looks like he is cut from brawl
Don't you just hate saying something then realizing the answer? The second after I posted that I read that line. I missed it while reading it. Thanks though.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, it goes along with CZ's information quite nicely.

Only problem is the Blaziken part when we already have Torchic as a pokeball Pokemon. Unless, Sakurai is bending the rules. =\
That is a ******** debunk theory.

Both Munchlax and Snorlax are Pokeballs, remember?

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
These "prophets" are getting annoying, frankly. Honestly, I won't believe anything until a leak with pictures, and even that, I will be skeptical.

I suggest you all take all of these things with a grain of rice.
Don't worry, according to Gimpyfish we will be getting the roster soon. It's fun to see which prophets are true and which are fake XD

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
honestly, i believe if someone got leaked with one fact or even some more, they would post them with fake comments, so if one became true, the false ones would be believed

i rather say bs and be proven wrong than believe him and be proven a sucker

verditude

Smash Journeyman
What I think makes this guy believable (after all he could just have 1 piece of inside info and mixed in a bunch of other fake stuff) is his lack of want of attention. Every other prophet has a huge ego and acts like they're stooping low to spread their info to us mere fans. CZ really just wants to spread info.

EDIT: 100th Post!

I.T.P

Smash Ace
gimpyfish said Ikki, a japanese player is getting a game a day early, which is true. I'm attending the smashbrawlfest he's having the same day, so most likely we'll know a lot of the roster by the 24th. which is only 16 days...

Noshiee

Smash Ace
I wish the guy is right about the Ness thingy, dont get me wrong, I do want Ness in Brawl, he's cool, but I dont think he has a chance, so...yeah

...page 69...lol...

verditude

Smash Journeyman
I dunno about the Ikki, but if tonight's update confirms anything else of CZ's then I'm a believer.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If this "prophet" is the one that said Olimar was in the game, (and not in the game as that guy who said he acts like PT did) (i.e. hes in the game as a fighter (this is the most likely) ) If this is that prophet (And if Wolf is in the game, hell, Olimar definitely is,) then i am a believer. I just care if Olimar is in. Thats all.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
CZ knows nothing anyway so there is no point in people getting all worked up over this. If your ignore these people they will go away.

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
Oh, well, I suppose Ill still belive him, he did get the Dragoon thing 100% correct.
the fact he got that right doesnt support really anything because the rest of it could just be lies that he could make people believe using a single leak

it bottomline can still go either way so i am going to keep my beliefs to myself and stay neutral

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I actually do kind of believe the poor sap. If his posts have been deleted by GameFAQ, it means they do know he's telling the truth and they deleted him knowing he is in fact an official leak. I always had a feeling some gaming websites know about games before they are released and delete stuff that are true on their message boards.

If this prophet says Wolf, Falco, and Krystal are in Brawl, it wouldn't really be shocking. After all, Kirby brought in two newcomers, who both seem to be part of the official starting roster. Why not bring in four reps of a game and make three (three as of now, one could be a starter later) unlockables. This game has been so random in everything they've pretty much done.

I don't believe in the Mewtwo statetment until I see it later.

My report and analytical comment: It's real good speculation compared to most rumors I see in the forums. Its simple yet pretty convincing.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Actually, anyone who knows me knows I'm pretty credible, so I actually do kind of believe the poor sap. If his posts have been deleted by GameFAQ, it means they do know he's telling the truth and they deleted him knowing he is in fact an official leak. I always had a feeling some gaming websites know about games before they are released and delete stuff that are true on their message boards.
Any topic claiming a leak is considered trolling and will be deleted on site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom