• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Well, I get back to my house / computer this weekend (I can't be more specific, I have to go to the hospital first. :() I'll post more when I get my hands on it, but if this functions without any hitches I may have a full working moveset for him ready, complete with shields, grabs, edge grabs, dodges. . .

Here's hoping it works!
Awesome. We'll be waiting.

Chibo already has grabs, doesn't he?

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
hmm i was thinking Waluigi would use some sort of bombs as his final all well XD a final smash is a final smash XD

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
King Bob-omobile

If anything Waluigi can just shoot a King Bob-Omb at someone if all else fails for a Final Smash

By the way, do you still do Waluigi songs?
That gives me an idea...a final smash similar to snake's...hmm...King Bob-omobile! Complete with King Bob-Omb firing action!!! :chuckle:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Personally, I think his Tornado BAir would have more personality if he alternated between kicks and racket swings. :D

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
I'm just thinking of somthing: This is all on Waluigi... maybe if we did more characters such as Gray Fox, Lyn, and others, maybe more and more people would become so interested that they themselves would join Smash Boards just to help this project.

The problem is, though, that would take alot of time off of Waluigi and would be a bit of a handful of characters to add. Once Waluigi is finished, I reckon that is what we should do...

I know I was asked on making my own thread myself, but it would be quite a shame to see somone who isn't into model replacing and custom moves, such as me myself. Somone who is greatly skilled should work on a seperate thread themselves on that topic, and give a link to this thread, which would make this thread alot bigger...

This is my suggestion to all of you here.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Strange about *we* are the only people working or helping Waluigi become a character.
I'm just thinking of somthing: This is all on Waluigi... maybe if *we* did more characters such as...
Once Waluigi is finished, I reckon that is what *we* should do...
Stop it! Stop saying "we!" YOU AREN'T DOING ANYTHING TO CONTRIBUTE AT ALL SO STOP PRETENDING LIKE YOU ARE!

And another thing, stop requesting other characters. Let me bring up an old quote:
honestly, can ppl please stop requesting other characters here? theres a thread for that. im working on waluigi only atm. the hammer bro was not mine, i made the video for someone else. this is the waluigi thread, not the request thread
On-topic:

Can Waluigi do taunts yet?

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I think his Tornado BAir would have more personality if he alternated between kicks and racket swings. :D
Waluigi Tornado does that automatically, Get in an unusual matrix position whilst holding his leg and spins, then finishes with his racket

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Waluigi Tornado does that automatically, Get in an unusual matrix position whilst holding his leg and spins, then finishes with his racket
Hey, that sounds kinda fun and original! :D

@Chibo/PND: Are you having any luck with the bone adding program?

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
Waluigi Breaststroke attack (Swimming in mid air) would be pretty sweet. And I ditto that TCR, it's a crying shame they only remade Power Tennis with control play, I was hoping to see a grand sequel to one of the funnest Mario games yet.... Oh well, likely they may in the future... I'd hope.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Waluigi Breaststroke attack (Swimming in mid air) would be pretty sweet. And I ditto that TCR, it's a crying shame they only remade Power Tennis with control play, I was hoping to see a grand sequel to one of the funnest Mario games yet.... Oh well, likely they may in the future... I'd hope.
Or better, give Waluigi his own game. That would rule...

So... I wonder how far Chibo's gotten?

PND

Smash Champion
Great news.

The new model works like a charm. I just need to finish reindexing all the bones to fall in line with the new character and we have a Waluigi who can shield, roll, dodge, airdodge, grab, taunt, and use special attacks. . . . Everything a full character can do. The indexing isn't complete, but I already encountered the landing lag glitch. I'll let you guys know how he performs when it's all done. I imagine it will be sorted out by then.

So basically this new model is almost finished, I'm probably a day or so away from completing it. I can't promise it will done immediately though, tomorrow (today) is St. Patty's day. . . and the day after is International Nurse a Wicked Hangover Day. . . so my hands are tied. I promise I'll work this into my schedule ASAP though.

After the model is finished we'll need to PSA him again and I'll need to work on a couple of animations (ugh) to make him a bit more unique, his ledge grabbing and dizzy animation stuff, some really obscure things and some much more noticeable stuff. I have no idea how long that step will take, which is why I'm asking any other animators who feel like helping out right now. . . please shoot me a message. I'd love to split the workload a bit.

Finally,
I know this is a decision that might upset a couple of you, but the character Waluigi is replacing is. . .

. . .

Luigi.

I know it means you're not going to be able to have your Mario & Luigi vs Wario and Waluigi dream matches. I know you guys might not like the decision I made, but hear me out. If / when the clone engine is ever released Luigi and Waluigi will be separately selectable through button inputs, so it's not a huge deal. This will help keep him grouped with Mario characters and makes sense, to me at least, to replace his counterpart. It's a very despicable and dastardly thing to do. . . just like Waluigi would have wanted.

So how's that for an update? Excited yet?

:bee:

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
Great news.

Finally,
I know this is a decision that might upset a couple of you, but the character Waluigi is replacing is. . .

. . .

Luigi.
That kind of ruins the whole ideals of having waluigi there. It's meant to be patternal with having Mario and Luigi, and having the Wario franchise immitate it, not to replace it. If Waluigi replaces Luigi, Waluigi has no real purpose to be in the game.

Besides there IS a bunch of other characters we could really do without. Jigglypuff, Wolf, Toon Link, Game and Watch, R.O.B, Captain Olimar, Lucas even Ice Climbers.

Surely one of these characters would fell in popularity and usage rate than Luigi.

I understand about the whole situation involving the whole cloning module as it is and I respect replacing characters, but I implore you to reconsider replacing Luigi out of all characters.

On another note, Isn't it possible to shift and manipulate the character selection menu? I've seen it before on youtube

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
That's great! Waluigi will be there without replacing my current main. :)

Wario and Waluigi team matches FTW! :D

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
PND said:

. . .

Luigi.

i knew this would happen, won't it be easier to do on falcon or ganon, or another tall character? oh well. this was the ONLY character i didn't want being replaced,:( but i wont be ungreatful. it is you're project. i wanted to at least have some luigi vs waluigi, or mario luigi wario waluigi battle royale. oh well, i'll just stick with the last red alloy waluigi. i'd rather have a buggy waluigi replacing an alloy than one replacing luigi as long as i can do luigi vs waluigi. by guys. won't see me here anymore. theres no more for me to be hyped about. :(

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
Besides there IS a bunch of other characters we could really do without. Jigglypuff, Wolf, Toon Link, Game and Watch, R.O.B, Captain Olimar, Lucas even Ice Climbers.
I can agree with that list, Wolf and Toon Link were lazy last minute additions, but you can't rid Jiggly, Not just because Jiggly's one of my mains but it helped get Smash Bros. off it's feet from the very beginning and helped the game become AS popular as it is today. Removing Jigglypuff is like saying get rid of all the veterans fighters, replace them with other characters and reduce the diversity of the game. Or if they allow Jigglypuff to evolve, that's another story....

I KNEW it was too good to be true though, being Replaced over Luigi... kinda kills the point in me maining him, but beggars can't be choosers, still looking forwards to Waluigi, but I really hope the clone engine comes through soon. XD

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
I thought he was going over Wario so he could have 12 costumes?

Is there a benefit to putting him over Luigi that you didn't explain?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Well, I'm maining 'im regardless.

I concur with Toddtj about the Luigi thing though, why him? :)

@doublek642: You'd rather what? You remember that that Waluigi is next to unplayable, right?

I for one was happy to see Wolf, so glad he's not the one being replaced.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I'd main Wolf if I wasn't dedicated to the Lucario community at this point. Definitely my favourite character in Brawl.

No ragging on Toon Link D: Windwaker is my favourite Zelda game.

EDIT: To stay on-topic, I'm glad Waluigi is finding a direction to go in.

PND

Smash Champion
Guys, the current clone engine is good enough that you can still have Waluigi AND Luigi. You just can't have Waluigi VERSUS Luigi. . . yet.
I don't see what the big deal is.

Here's a link to the current clone engine:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=250370

Like I said, I knew this decision would piss some of you guys off, but honestly some of you guys are acting ridiculous. I killed the hype? WTF. Seriously guys -- we're making Waluigi playable. How dare you accuse me of wrecking the project just because it doesn't fall into YOUR preconceived notion of what the character should or should not be. When you actually contribute something to the project THEN you have a right to ***** at me.

Replacing Luigi vs replacing Wario was a point of contention for me -- I was debating doing either for CSS purposes and both seem like logical choices. The reason I put him over Luigi instead of Wario is due to the bone count difference between the two. Luigi is at 63 bones and Wario is at 79 -- that's a lot of bones to manipulate, I've read horror stories of people adding too many dummy bones and having the model freeze no matter what, if that's true then adding the 30 bones it took might already by pressing my luck. After I get this model working I'm going to try porting him over Wario to see if I can avoid the freezes.

Once both models are done, we can experiment to see which ones give us larger leniency with PSA and probably run with that model. Then I'll make a custom CSS portrait which will show both characters and the button modifiers to access Waluigi in the profile pic itself.

However I realized it didn't matter if I chose Wario OR Luigi or anyone else for that matter, people would complain. I just didn't realize the degree to which they WOULD complain.

I'm not replacing ROB A) because ROB has the most bones in the game, 163. That's 100 bones MORE than Luigi. B) Chibo mains ROB
I'm not replacing Jiggs because of a purely selfish reason -- I main Jiggs. Plus she requires more bones than Luigi does. (Surprisingly)
Toon Link I've got another project I'm working on to go over him AND he requires more bones than Luigi does.
Game and Watch can't have alternate textures, only one that will override ALL of his texture slots or recolours using different programs. That and he requires just shy of 100 bones.
Olimar has like 1000 different models going over him already, including Toad and several Pokemon IIRC.
Lucas has Klonoa right now which I'm actually pretty excited for. . . and once again, requires more bones than Luigi does.
Wolf has more bones than Luigi, plus I have a vertex hack I'm going to be doing over Wolf in the near future.
Ice Climbers. . . there's two of them.

EDIT:
So PND, are you still trying to use the Winter Games model for Wa?
Currently I'm using the AT model. I need to get on AIM and chat with Chibo about the merits of his M&S@TWG model and we can decide what to do from there. :)

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Personally, I must be the only one who is unfazed about who Wa goes over. I just want him playable.

And, if you can, continue using the AT model. It looks better and more authentic since it's already in the game. :)

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
lol, I wasn't pissed, but I forgot sarcasm is HARD to see through the internet. know you guys are working hard and appreciate every bit of you guys effort to make a Playable Waluigi, AT Waluigi or M&S ATWOG Waluigi, either's dandy because it's freaking Waluigi. Yeah I like Luigi but it's not like Luigi'll be gone forever when Waluigi's complete.

Also, BIG plus for being a Jigglypuff user. :D!

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
PND said:

. . .

Luigi.

doublek642 said:
oh well, i'll just stick with the last red alloy waluigi. i'd rather have a buggy waluigi replacing an alloy than one replacing luigi as long as i can do luigi vs waluigi. by guys. won't see me here anymore. theres no more for me to be hyped about. :(
you know what? im sorry. I am being ungreatful. keep up the good work, i can't wait for him to be done. :chuckle: i am actually quite excited. you're right, i was being selfish. plus, the new cloning engine will probably be out by next release.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Don't mind who he's replacing. Just can't wait to see Waluigi in Brawl! (where he should have been playable to begin with! NYAH!)

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I agree with Exodecai all the way! :D

@agroves: Yeah, there's a certain satisfaction with playing Assists, especially Wa.

Matteron

Smash Ace
You guys, if you wait some time PW is releasing the alternate file loader soon enough, and I even heard he's making replaceable character .rel's, so we will be able to use both luigi and waluigi even if waluigi is over luigi.

Top Bottom