• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I'm gonna download this on my spare SD card and try it out.
If you guys want any help with anything just message me and let me know, I've got a lot of free time. I've modded the hell out of personal copies of brawl and Project M, just never created anything.
I can record videos of it if you need it or something. Anything to help out.

I haven't been able to find a lot of pictures or anything for it, I could maybe try some photoshop stuff for it if you guys want? Logos, pictures, idk. It just doesn't seem to be very out there yet.
Well we do need a specific set of skills for the backroom, but if you like, you can apply for the beta program! Just send either me or Jasgx a clip of your gameplay and your application with reasons why you think you should join! If you're not sure what to put, then look at the first page of this mod and find the section where it shows the applications. Thanks for your interest man, and hope to hear from you soon! We are always in need of beta testers.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Oh my god, this has Pichu. I'm downloading the mod right now, hope the model works. You guys really need pictures/videos of this mod.
We intend on doing this as soon as possible! I will be uploading an overview video of the new features of this mod as soon as my schedule dictates it. Thanks for your interest man, and hope you enjoy the mod thus far!

proxibomb

Smash Clown
We intend on doing this as soon as possible! I will be uploading an overview video of the new features of this mod as soon as my schedule dictates it. Thanks for your interest man, and hope you enjoy the mod thus far!
Alright, just some additional information I wanted to add. Either I'm doing something wrong or can't figure things out (usually because I'm not the best at finding solutions), I can't seem to get the mod running. Also, your website (projectm-unbound.tk) is down, I've tried testing it out every now and then, but I can't seem to get it working.

I'll try and get this mod working as soon as possible so I could play, and possibly give advice.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Alright, just some additional information I wanted to add. Either I'm doing something wrong or can't figure things out (usually because I'm not the best at finding solutions), I can't seem to get the mod running. Also, your website (projectm-unbound.tk) is down, I've tried testing it out every now and then, but I can't seem to get it working.

I'll try and get this mod working as soon as possible so I could play, and possibly give advice.
Maker sure that you are running it on a hacked wii; hackless won't be out until the 17th. Also make sure that your hooktype is AXNextFrame if you're running gecko. Good luck man!

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
New trailer guys! We'll get this posted to the front page as soon as possible, but for now, enjoy a sneak peek at what's been going on in the backroom:

Zant532

Smash Rookie
NNID
Troy532
That Pichu looks really good! Best one I've seen. You planning on doing a Trailer for the release? If so, I could whip up a theme for ya'll.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
That Pichu looks really good! Best one I've seen. You planning on doing a Trailer for the release? If so, I could whip up a theme for ya'll.
So far, this is the trailer for the release! But maybe for next release that could work! I'm speaking with another composer right now, but two wouldn't hurt right? Maybe you two could collaborate on remixes/original compositions or something. Send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
So you guys have been balancing... Alright... My interest for this project is back. Can't wait to see more.

I'd honestly sign up for a playtester but I'm not sure if I'm qualified... Hmm.

Last edited:

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
In my opinion anyone with such an awesome collection of gifs in their sig is qualified. XD
Can't wait to play the hell outta Lucina!

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
So you guys have been balancing... Alright... My interest for this project is back. Can't wait to see more.

I'd honestly sign up for a playtester but I'm not sure if I'm qualified... Hmm.
Send us some gameplay videos and we'll see if you're up to snuff! You can always try to apply, we have plenty of room for beta testers! Never hurts to try; send either me or Jasgx some gameplay footage and we'll see if you're up to snuff!

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I would apply, but I dont have anything to record my matches with.
It doesn't have to be high quality, it can even be a camera or a phone recording from your TV! It just has to be visible for us to get an idea of your general skill level.

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
Speak with either me or Jasgx about it and be sure to send footage and we'll be all good! Again, doesn't have to be High Quality, just has to be viewable.
I literally have a recent or almost recent conversation with him

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I literally have a recent or almost recent conversation with him
Well what I mean by speak is show us some of your gameplay footage and send either me or him an application! You may have spoken with him for permission to enter, but you need to prove your entrance to the beta team! Gameplay is the biggest part for him, so I'd suggest going with that first.

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
Well what I mean by speak is show us some of your gameplay footage and send either me or him an application! You may have spoken with him for permission to enter, but you need to prove your entrance to the beta team! Gameplay is the biggest part for him, so I'd suggest going with that first.
Yup showed that to him with a link to the video

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Tomorrow is the day Ladies and Gentlemen! Prepare yourselves!!! We'll have the link up by Early - Mid Afternoon; be sure to report any issues to either Me, Jasgx, or on the forum. Thanks for the interest!!!

Mendelsin

Smash Cadet
hmm cant download yet but i will soon. Im wondering though, have roy's sound effects been fixed?

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Just downloaded 0.3 and am having an issue. Why is it when I use Gecko, it's just regular brawl, and when I use the pm launcher, it just sends me back to the wii menu? I tried renaming the private folder to projectm, but that didn't do anything. I'm using the hacked version, just for clarification.

Last edited:

fatalwolf279

Smash Rookie
For the Hacked version, do I need Project M or Brawlex or anything else installed prior to dragging the contents of the RAR to my SD card root?

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
For the Hacked version, do I need Project M or Brawlex or anything else installed prior to dragging the contents of the RAR to my SD card root?
no, you just need to set the hooktype to AXNextFrame. Don't add any other files to the SD card

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
Just downloaded 0.3 and am having an issue. Why is it when I use Gecko, it's just regular brawl, and when I use the pm launcher, it just sends me back to the wii menu? I tried renaming the private folder to projectm, but that didn't do anything. I'm using the hacked version, just for clarification.
For some reason the hacked build is missing the gameconfig.txt. Place this on the root of your SD and it should work.

Attachments

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
For some reason the hacked build is missing the gameconfig.txt. Place this on the root of your SD and it should work.
My apologies on that; I'll re-upload a new build that should be smaller in size and fully functional asap! in the meanwhile; download the hackless build. Sorry about that.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
After thinking about it, I decided against joining the team. Unfortunately my skills are not the best as I am but a casual who loves to watch the competitive play and sometimes attempt it. I'm pretty much in a deep ass middle ground. But like I said, I'm keeping an eye on this project so good luck on it!

If I ever do change my mind or improve my skills, you will most definitely be hearing about it.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
After thinking about it, I decided against joining the team. Unfortunately my skills are not the best as I am but a casual who loves to watch the competitive play and sometimes attempt it. I'm pretty much in a deep *** middle ground. But like I said, I'm keeping an eye on this project so good luck on it!

If I ever do change my mind or improve my skills, you will most definitely be hearing about it.
Well if you say so; I'd say just go for it and we'll see! If you're competent enough to understand core concepts of the game (especially competitive), then I'm certain you'll do fine. No judge zone here, we're just looking for people who are willing to go the extra mile to help the team effort!

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
My apologies to everyone here; We had a bit of an issue with the hacked upload and the files were not compressed! So I re-uploaded all of the necessary files and they will shortly be posted on the front page. If you are having issues with your build, PLEASE download the files here:

Hacked: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_aaQX0aamOT0NZRXdZR3A3NXc/edit?usp=sharing
Hackless: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_aaQX0aamOM09ER3lJUE5ZLVU/edit?usp=sharing

Again, I am very sorry about the inconvenience. We hope you enjoy Unbound 0.3!!!

Zant532

Smash Rookie
NNID
Troy532
Hey everyone! I'm the new composer on the team! Thought I'd drop in say hello and see if there's any work to be done in the music department.

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
Do yall have a changelog or something? Also I was thinking maybe to streamline the updating process for those of us who have the 2nd latest version you guys could also upload the updated and new files along with the build. Just a thought.

Top Bottom